Whatcha Watchin? (Spoiler Free)

Explore Tinsel Town and discuss your favorite TV shows and movies.

Moderator: Community Team

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Whatcha Watchin? (Spoiler Free)

Post by insertnamehere »

HOT TAKE:

Channel Zero, despite having a semi-idiotic premise (horror anthology where each season is based off of an internet creepypasta), is the most underrated show on television. It's good, brainy, well-executed indie horror. Season 3 just started and it has the potential to be the best one yet. If you like spooky shit that's actually intelligent, check it out.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by timmer »

Just burned through season 1 of The Good Place... definitely worth watching to the end to get the whole picture of what the show is about, and this is a great role for Kristen Bell...
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 49

Post by DharmaHelper »

Not to be outdone I burned through S1 and S2 of the Good Place yesterday.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Finally watching Ingrid Goes West. Ice Cube's kid is in it and he in tannnn guapo.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mongoose wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 pm Finally watching Ingrid Goes West. Ice Cube's kid is in it and he in tannnn guapo.
I enjoyed that movie. Aubrey Plaza is awesome.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ColinIsCool »

Going through the UK Office for the first time. I love the US version and I’m enjoying the original so far. David Brent is just ... such an asshole.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

This morning I watched this decent found footage horror film called Leaving D.C.

I was really drawn to it because sometimes just escaping to the mountains/woods by yourself is really compelling -- until supernatural stuff gets real.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Luke Cage season 2 has been alright to good so far but Episode 10 was such a fuckin' bad idea lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’m finally watching Twin Peaks. Episode 3 just ended. That dream sequence was... um.
I like this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:36 pm I’m finally watching Twin Peaks. Episode 3 just ended. That dream sequence was... um.
I like this.

You're starting my favorite show of all time, albeit one that's a little hard to get into. Here's what I told Ricochet when he started the show:

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am This is my favorite show of all time, and I could listen to/watch/read discussion and analysis of it for hours on end. Note that when I say favorite, I do not mean best. The best TV show of all time is The Wire, no contest. Twin Peaks is a flawed masterpiece, but to be honest, I doubt I'd really be capable of loving a perfect work of art with all my heart the way I do Twin Peaks.

Now, Twin Peaks (SEASONS ONE AND TWO) is essentially a balancing act between three very different television shows.
  1. 1. A police procedural about a murdered teenage girl, where each episode is a day in the investigation. Everyone's a suspect, and the death of this one person sends shockwaves throughout the entire community.

2. A parody of 80's and 90's era soap operas featuring ridiculous exaggerated acting, labyrinthine relationships, (everyone's sleeping with each other), and enjoyably pulpy storytelling.

3. A bizarre avant-garde exploration of the dark side of the American psyche and the inescapable violence not only found in human nature but also in the dirt and wood of the town itself.
And for roughly the first 16-18 episodes, it works.

Then things go a little wonky. You'll know it when it starts happening.

You can choose to either skip ahead, to when it gets good again, and it does get quite good again, or you can tough it out through some rough patches.

My suggested viewing experience is as follows: All of Season 1. Episodes 1-9 of Seasons 2. Episodes 21-22 of Season 2. Fire Walk With Me. Season 3.

You can find Rico and I's episode-by-episode discussions in the Twin Peaks thread, they were pretty fun to do. Also, watch the Log Lady intros for each episode. They're all pretty amazing.

Watching the show for the first time, do you have any suspects so far? What's your reading of the dream sequence? Are there possible clues to be gleaned from it, or is it nonsensical bullpuckey?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spoilering my response to [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] just in case:
I can’t really begin to speculate about who killed her. Where it stands right now, I’m not even sure that’s the right question to be asking. If we are asking it, Leo is the far-too-obvious answer, and based on the ending to episode 5 it seems he has connections that run pretty deep. I feel like by the time we get deep into this show there will be several people who can easily be said to have been complicit in the murder, to the point where “who” or “what” specifically killed her might almost be irrelevant. It also feels like the murder itself is just a single spoke in a constantly-growing wheel of mysteries. Needless to say I like all of this. The character whose role in everything I’m most eager to find out about is Dr. Jacoby. He’s got things going on.
I’ll probably give the full show a watch because I’m a completionist and don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen in those wonky episodes, but I will certainly keep your recommendation on mind as I watch them.

Netflix’s description for the next episode mentions a meeting with the Log Lady. I am looking forward to that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh and I also have a new appreciation for George Costanza’s parents-in-law.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Epignosis »

The Last Jedi is on Netflix.

Should I even bother?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:29 am The Last Jedi is on Netflix.

Should I even bother?
Uh, duh. Yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:48 am

Should I even bother?
Uh, duh. Yes.
I've just heard it was atrocious.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

It's my personal favorite Star Wars, but your mileage may vary.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I have no idea why The Last Jedi gets any hates from fans. I don't know what else you could have possibly wanted out of this installment of the saga. I thought it was damn near perfect :shrug:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:55 am Spoilering my response to @insertnamehere just in case:
I can’t really begin to speculate about who killed her. Where it stands right now, I’m not even sure that’s the right question to be asking. If we are asking it, Leo is the far-too-obvious answer, and based on the ending to episode 5 it seems he has connections that run pretty deep. I feel like by the time we get deep into this show there will be several people who can easily be said to have been complicit in the murder, to the point where “who” or “what” specifically killed her might almost be irrelevant. It also feels like the murder itself is just a single spoke in a constantly-growing wheel of mysteries. Needless to say I like all of this. The character whose role in everything I’m most eager to find out about is Dr. Jacoby. He’s got things going on.
I’ll probably give the full show a watch because I’m a completionist and don’t want to miss out on what’s going to happen in those wonky episodes, but I will certainly keep your recommendation on mind as I watch them.

Netflix’s description for the next episode mentions a meeting with the Log Lady. I am looking forward to that.
I think season 2 is extremely underrated. It's not anywhere near as good as the rest of the show on balance, but I struggle to see how someone who was onboard with the zanier elements of the first season could turn their nose up too hard at the diversions later on. It's fun and Twin Peaks is such a nice place to be in for a while that I recommend it still.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:55 pm I have no idea why The Last Jedi gets any hates from fans. I don't know what else you could have possibly wanted out of this installment of the saga. I thought it was damn near perfect :shrug:
There are a few moments in particular that are, I think, easily the coolest moments in any of the films. Easily.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:03 am

Should I even bother?
Uh, duh. Yes.
You heard worse than wrong, you heard nerdrage wrong.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:55 pm It's my personal favorite Star Wars, but your mileage may vary.
Well, I thought The Force Awakens was superfluous and had some plot holes you could drive the Millennium Falcon through, so my hopes for The Last Jedi weren't high to begin with.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Should I even bother?
Uh, duh. Yes.
I also just watched it finally when it came on Netflix. I assume all of the criticism it receieved was due to its moving the needle a bit rather than just being a mindless reiteration of the previous installments with a few new shiny elements. It progressed the story of the Star Wars franchise in a meaningful way, and I don’t think that’s what some folks wanted.

It was easily the best Star Wars film produced in my lifetime. Which is, you know, saying a whole lot.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Should I even bother?
Uh, duh. Yes.
I also just watched it finally when it came on Netflix. I assume all of the criticism it receieved was due to its moving the needle a bit rather than just being a mindless reiteration of the previous installments with a few new shiny elements. It progressed the story of the Star Wars franchise in a meaningful way, and I don’t think that’s what some folks wanted.

It was easily the best Star Wars film produced in my lifetime. Which is, you know, saying a whole lot.
Absolutely. It's a very good movie, unless you want Star Wars to just be a parody of itself.

That's not to say there aren't legitimate criticisms, but they are far fewer in number than what the "consensus" apparently would have you believe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My own view is that it's the best Star Wars movie full stop. But OMG we can't possibly have a movie in which
people make bad decisions and fail as a result.
Which I think is fundamentally at the heart of all the criticisms, and yet I think it's keeping it real.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This thread is now "Countdown to Epi's TLJ Hot Take"

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it’s the best of Disney’s SW efforts, at least, and certainly better than the prequels. I’d probably place it 4th overall in the full series.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Is Ozark a better Breaking Bad?

Kind of? Yes

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

insertnamehere wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:50 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:36 pm I’m finally watching Twin Peaks. Episode 3 just ended. That dream sequence was... um.
I like this.

You're starting my favorite show of all time, albeit one that's a little hard to get into. Here's what I told Ricochet when he started the show:

insertnamehere wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:20 am This is my favorite show of all time, and I could listen to/watch/read discussion and analysis of it for hours on end. Note that when I say favorite, I do not mean best. The best TV show of all time is The Wire, no contest. Twin Peaks is a flawed masterpiece, but to be honest, I doubt I'd really be capable of loving a perfect work of art with all my heart the way I do Twin Peaks.

Now, Twin Peaks (SEASONS ONE AND TWO) is essentially a balancing act between three very different television shows.
  1. 1. A police procedural about a murdered teenage girl, where each episode is a day in the investigation. Everyone's a suspect, and the death of this one person sends shockwaves throughout the entire community.

2. A parody of 80's and 90's era soap operas featuring ridiculous exaggerated acting, labyrinthine relationships, (everyone's sleeping with each other), and enjoyably pulpy storytelling.

3. A bizarre avant-garde exploration of the dark side of the American psyche and the inescapable violence not only found in human nature but also in the dirt and wood of the town itself.
And for roughly the first 16-18 episodes, it works.

Then things go a little wonky. You'll know it when it starts happening.

You can choose to either skip ahead, to when it gets good again, and it does get quite good again, or you can tough it out through some rough patches.

My suggested viewing experience is as follows: All of Season 1. Episodes 1-9 of Seasons 2. Episodes 21-22 of Season 2. Fire Walk With Me. Season 3.

You can find Rico and I's episode-by-episode discussions in the Twin Peaks thread, they were pretty fun to do. Also, watch the Log Lady intros for each episode. They're all pretty amazing.

Watching the show for the first time, do you have any suspects so far? What's your reading of the dream sequence? Are there possible clues to be gleaned from it, or is it nonsensical bullpuckey?
Second half of season 2 is pretty bad but I thought it was watchable, at least for the first (one) time. IIRC I burned through all the badness in a day or two, because I was so into the show and wanted to catch up lol. Those episodes don't have a lot going for them but they have a lot of lore, the introduction of Annie, Denise, Civil War Ben (okay that one can go). If it gets unbearable I'd skip to Miss Twin Peaks, but I don't think it's that hard to get through.

[mention]insertnamehere[/mention] have you read the books? I just finished The Final Dossier. Mark Frost is a weird dude, lol.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but TLJ was definitely better than any of the others that have come out in my lifetime, lol. Too long, though.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Kidding may be one of my favorite shows of all time. Certainly is one of my favorite if not my favorite new show. Gonna hold judgement for the season on a whole though. Super good so far.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:56 pm Kidding may be one of my favorite shows of all time. Certainly is one of my favorite if not my favorite new show. Gonna hold judgement for the season on a whole though. Super good so far.
DH what channel is it on?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:21 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:56 pm Kidding may be one of my favorite shows of all time. Certainly is one of my favorite if not my favorite new show. Gonna hold judgement for the season on a whole though. Super good so far.
DH what channel is it on?
Showtime. Though the first episode is free on Youtube.

ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

watched the new mission impossible last night with friends. the friends loved it, i didn't hate it. i was surprised.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 pm watched the new mission impossible last night with friends. the friends loved it, i didn't hate it. i was surprised.

dunya, this was the new movie, Fallout? I heard it was actually pretty good so I'm not surprised you didn't hate it lol.

we're about to start watching Sharp Objects which my mother says I won't make it past the second episode, hahaha. I don't like squeamish things.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 pm watched the new mission impossible last night with friends. the friends loved it, i didn't hate it. i was surprised.

dunya, this was the new movie, Fallout? I heard it was actually pretty good so I'm not surprised you didn't hate it lol.

we're about to start watching Sharp Objects which my mother says I won't make it past the second episode, hahaha. I don't like squeamish things.
I'll do you one better and say you won't make it 30 minutes into the first episode. Good luck tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Im gonna need an update on the Sharp Objects situation ASAP

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am

lol I STILL haven't watched the first one - I'm scared - maybe tomorrow night (football on tonight)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:35 am

lol I STILL haven't watched the first one - I'm scared - maybe tomorrow night (football on tonight)
The countdown begins.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Another sensational season of BoJack Horseman, five years going now. This season was largely the writers responding to the dumbassery of glamorizing and justifying every sociopathic anti-hero on TV and rocked it as always... and was hard to watch, as always. Some of the fanbase is very split, which I mean, it sucks that it has to be like that, but it's a good debate.

Five years of saying this gets tiring, but once you get past the first handful of episodes this show is pure gold.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 pm Another sensational season of BoJack Horseman, five years going now. This season was largely the writers responding to the dumbassery of glamorizing and justifying every sociopathic anti-hero on TV and rocked it as always... and was hard to watch, as always. Some of the fanbase is very split, which I mean, it sucks that it has to be like that, but it's a good debate.

Five years of saying this gets tiring, but once you get past the first handful of episodes this show is pure gold.
BoJack Horseman is a seriously depressing show and it's also pretty goofy but occasionally it has these brief but beautiful moments of insight that make it worth the time.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

It is very seriously funny, the animal puns don't ever get old. The last episode of the season was all kinds of fucked up but I lost it at this shot.

ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Enrique wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:28 pm Another sensational season of BoJack Horseman, five years going now. This season was largely the writers responding to the dumbassery of glamorizing and justifying every sociopathic anti-hero on TV and rocked it as always... and was hard to watch, as always. Some of the fanbase is very split, which I mean, it sucks that it has to be like that, but it's a good debate.

I never finished season 4, I really need to catch up!!! Once I get around to it I know I'll love every minute, such a great show
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

and lol at that still, that's excellent. I saw this one going around on tumblr:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

lmao. the best part is that that's only in frame for a moment, so it's impossible to catch it on first sight. i had to rewind and pause it a bunch to read it
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I feel like BoJack is much better when it’s a straight drama. It’s never made me laugh much, but when it goes deep ...
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

mmm disagree, I think it's such a clever balance of hilarious goofy humor and devastating emotions. the jokes are just all so clever and well-written but also some episodes just totally crush me

anyway right now I'm on the one with "tangled fog of pulsating yearning in the shape of a woman" and "mr chocolate hazelnut spread" lol this is a good time
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

5.11 is so well done holy shitttt
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

The Haunting of Hill House... somebody hold me :eek: As someone who has had more than a fair share of death related trauma, this Netflix show threw me for a loop... just possibly the most emotional ghost story ever??? What a great show!
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I still gotta dig into Hill House.

Narcos: Mexico is pretty good tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sam Esmail's new Amazon show Homecoming fuckin' slaps.

My favorite part: the soundtrack is entirely made up of scores from other films, with a bunch of iconic Carpenter and 70's thriller stuff in there. Also, Julia Roberts can actually act. Who knew?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Tinsel Town”