SURVIVOR

Explore Tinsel Town and discuss your favorite TV shows and movies.

Moderator: Community Team

tin man
Posts in topic: 44

Re: SURVIVOR

Post by tin man »

currently in the first few episodes of survivor amazon and it is amazing how much better the female cast is to the men's.

heidi, deena, christy are all people who i would LOVE to be invited back, and even the less relevant girls are bringing it.
tin man

Post by tin man »

another AMAZON update:

they need to bring joint confessionals back!!!
imagine, like, an abi and woo joint confessional or something lol

edit: shoot this screencap doesn't seem to work but it's a picture of jenna and heidi talking about how roger sucks <3

editx2: http://imgur.com/3wtGiqG here is the imgur link :) i love the glee in heidi's face
tin man

Post by tin man »

just finished amazon!!!! and wow!!
here are my thoughts -

SEASON 6: THE AMAZON
I just still cannot believe that is how they edited their winner!!! An OTTN in the penultimate episode! lmao. I wasnt a fan at the time this was airing (considering i was like 6 years old lmao) - was there a lot of backlash to this?

cast ranking:
deena - AMAZING. normally i would find her string of CPs to be exhausting but i was HERE for her total pro-woman stance. her performance in the roger boot episode was amazing. side note: roger's boot episode may be one of the funniest and best episodes of all time. she NEEDS to return!

heidi - she also NEEDS to return! i actually read that her actions at FTC were to try to make jenna say deena as well, but still lol. also how random is it that she's a gym teacher?

christy - <3 ALSO! needs to return. i feel like part of the reason jenna was edited negatively was because she and christy obviously didn't get along, and there was no way the editors weren't going to edit christy positively, even though she was clearly annoying lol

rob - he was kinda annoying at the beginning with some of the stuff he said, and i actually prefer him for his gameplay instead of his character (which is odd because i never say that). seriously changed the game!

jenna - most negative winner ever? lol. honestly did production not think she won? or what? but even after she wanted to quit she somehow immunity beasted and won in the biggest landslide in survivor history!! (at this point).

joanna - actual crazy person lol. when she yelled at christy "getting in her face" when i think christy was just trying to see her face, because, you know, she needs to read lips to understand what people are saying? her keeping everyone awake by shouting hymns <3

matt - "he's... cweepy" - christy

shawna - literally dying in one episode to miraculously being revived due to men <3 so thirsty.

jeanne - idk i always thought she was randomly funny with all the side eye she was giving

butch - burning down the camp due to being crazy about firewood <3. however, he was a roger ally so ew!

daniel - don't have any strong thoughts on this person, but he seemed nice :) and i loved how he was so pissed about getting voted out before ROGER

janet - was granola gate ever solved? someone please let me know lol. i liked how she was all "vote me out i don't care but NOT because of the granola bar!" glad she went first from jaburu tho because i cared about her the least

alex - he lasted for a long time but i don't have any strong thoughts on this person

ryan - no real opinion. memory of him kinda fuzzy, but he wanted to boot roger <3

dave - kinda annoying + roger ally

roger - last by default for being a homophobic sexist bigot, even though his boot was hilarious. it feels like the cheap way out putting him last but he sucks tho

and,
SEASONS RANKING!

1. THE AMAZON
2. BORNEO
3. THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK. notice: i swapped this and marquesas after struggling w/ it for the past couple rounds. ultimately, i would want to rewatch this one more once the dust has settled from both seasons
4. MARQUESAS
5. AFRICA
6. THAILAND

i'm not sure if this opinion is unpopular, although it seemed like this one generated the most criticism when i listed my top 5 earlier. however, i feel like eventually this won't be top 5, but likely 6-10. i tend to prefer character-driven seasons over strategy-heavy seasons (i don't even think cambodia will be top half), and this season was full of people that kept me entertained (deena, heidi, etc) and was actually genuinely FUNNY and made me laugh. it seemed a lot different to other seasons of survivor actually? it took itself less seriously i think, and i feel like some people may not be a fan of that but i loved it. although i would fix the editing a bit (a bit less rob maybe? more jenna/butch or something, very minor) i think it was overall very good, except i still dont know why they edited jenna like that lol. maybe she was just like that and the producers were mad they voted for her over matt.

and,
winner ranking!

1. RICHARD
2. VECEPIA
3. JENNA
4. TINA
5. ETHAN
6. BRIAN

however, something tells me this ranking will all get shifted downward very soon ;)

what are your thoughts?? would love to discuss a bit about amazon :)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Golden »

I really find the Amazon very overrated. The only characters I liked were Deena, Christy and Rob (and my like for Rob was mostly because he was the only good winning candidate towards the end, and then has come more through his work as a Podcaster). For me, when it aired, I put it on par with Thailand and although I now think a little bit differently, I don't think a lot differently. Thailand is truly terrible, but for me Amazon doesn't have an awful lot more to redeem it - Deena and Rob, basically.

I felt Jenna and Heidi were easily the most unlikable people to ever exert any control in the game, and yes that includes Brian H. I never want to see either return again, they were complete zeroes for me. Jenna deserved her negative edit. She wasn't there to play the game and won by default. She probably led directly to the producers first discussions of a final three.

I also find the men vs women twist has been a failure every time its been attempted, but this time it seems particularly rife with sexist tropes.

Then look at Edgic. 6 overall negative edits, 3 positive edits two of which were on very average players, and almost everyone else was middle of the road, Deena was really the only complex player without a negative edit. I feel like the editors felt like the atmosphere out there was really very negative and chose to portray that accurately, but I don't enjoy a season with so much of the bashing other people. The way people talked about Matt and Christy really got on my nerves.

I guess what I'm saying is, that this might be the first one where we don't see eye to eye, tin man! But you are definitely in the popular majority.

I do, however, really want to get Deena back very badly. She has been overlooked for way too long, unless she just doesn't want to go back.

Season ranking

1 - Australia
2 - Marquesas
3 - Africa
4 - Borneo
5 - Amazon
6 - Thailand

Winner rankings:

1 - Richard
2 - Tina
3 - Ethan
4 - Vecepia
5 - Brian
6 - Jenna

Pretty certain Jenna will be on the bottom for good, at least as far as season 32.

Bring on Pearl Islands! This is the first season that I'd probably consider one of the truly great seasons of Survivor!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Yes Pearl Islands- now that's a season I can get behind! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

@Tin man, I like your perspective of the seasons in sharing that you prefer character-driven seasons over strategy seasons. I've never really put into words why I like specific seasons over other ones, and I think that about sums it up. I think I'm your polar opposite in that sense :grin: . I crave strategy talks and big moves, where nice characters without strategy make me roll my eyes. When we get an honorable, loyal winner that is an overall good person, that is a nice, cathartic feeling for the audience.

You mentioned earlier RE: preferring Shireen over Spencer. What in your opinion are Shireen's admirable qualities? I guess this question goes to @Golden too. I think I'm looking at her the wrong way, and I think you could help enlighten me. :)

And I agree that Thailand sucks. No differences there lol.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
tin man

Post by tin man »

so excited for pearl islands!

@ golden, it's funny you bring up the edgic thing, because honestly, i feel like Matt deserves to be more M than P, and that Joanna deserved an N, which just makes it more negative lol.
also, i feel like there are people lots more unlikable than heidi/jenna who exerted control - colton/boston rob come to mind but that could just be me haha

@ scotty, shirin was a lovable and relatable underdog who definitely deserved a second chance due to her circumstances in WA, and then kinda sucked in cambodia but she was gone so fast it didn't really change my overall opinion of her - just one of the many people who were subjected to abi's reign of terror lol. spencer was an underdog, but i didn't find him lovable at all. he was such a dull, unfunny person, and it was odd that a "superfan" seemed so completely miserable out there, even from day 1. his edit was unbearably big, especially in cambodia, where he had this HUGE "redemption arc" about building relationships only to be completely destroyed 10-0-0, and the whole thing just seemed so dumb to me because there was no point giving him that edit if he didn't even win
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sorry, I mean up to this point. Colton is far worse. Jenna and Heidi were the worst I'd seen at that point. Amazon nearly made me quit Survivor.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:You mentioned earlier RE: preferring Shireen over Spencer. What in your opinion are Shireen's admirable qualities? I guess this question goes to @Golden too. I think I'm looking at her the wrong way, and I think you could help enlighten me. :)
I thought her admirable qualities in Worlds Apart were that she was just herself and felt free to be herself, and she stood up to those who wanted her to conform and who would bully her. I do think there is something admirable in not being willing to let people be callous and horrible to you, and to be willing to call it out for what it is. To me, Will Dan and Rodney are amongst the more despicable lot to play the game and Shirin stood up to them, I guess. Then in Cambodia I felt like she turned into the intolerant person when she had a majority around her, so it was much harder to like her there. In the first case, I didn't feel like she wanted to enforce her views on people, just to have people be tolerant. When she ended up on a tribe with several women of colour and several older white men she decided to go to the extreme end of feminism and see a lot of things as being sexist and racist that weren't, and I don't really like that quality in people.

Spencer on the other hand, I find immensely likable. I don't actually find him to be very arrogant, I don't think he is very good at persuading people though and when he tries I think that comes across to some people as arrogant. I don't think Spencer or Tasha played bad in Cambodia, except for the fact they took Jeremy to the end who was always hands down the best player there.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I have a mix of the two types of season that I like. For instance, I just listened to the Evolution of Strategy for 28/29 and I found 28 (strategy-heavy) a drag to get through and realised I'm not a great fan of Cagayan, but 29 was a breeze and I really love San Juan Del Sur, so in that case its character over strategy... but on the other hand, both seasons had both. I think having some great characters (who are overall likable) is important to my enjoyment of a season, but so is having some good strategy.
tin man

Post by tin man »

Golden wrote:I have a mix of the two types of season that I like. For instance, I just listened to the Evolution of Strategy for 28/29 and I found 28 (strategy-heavy) a drag to get through and realised I'm not a great fan of Cagayan, but 29 was a breeze and I really love San Juan Del Sur, so in that case its character over strategy... but on the other hand, both seasons had both. I think having some great characters (who are overall likable) is important to my enjoyment of a season, but so is having some good strategy.
i totally agree with this golden!! actually, i watched those seasons before i really started looking at sucks/rhap any sort of stuff, and i was actually shocked to see that people rated cagayan as a top 5 season, and people trashed SJDS! cagayan started off so strong but then seriously turned boring i thought after the sarah episode, whereas SJDS had a boring pre-merge (minus the drew christy ep), but an AMAZING post-merge.

also, i try not to judge seasons based on who wins/makes it to the end, but it doesn't hurt that natalie/jaclyn are the best final 2 we've had since HvV i think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dom »

I used to be OBSESSED with this show. I wish I still watched. :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tin man

Post by tin man »

Dom wrote:I used to be OBSESSED with this show. I wish I still watched. :/
omg you can!! you can start re-watching on the same schedule as me or something lol! besides one period it really hasn't declined in quality all that much
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:I used to be OBSESSED with this show. I wish I still watched. :/
When did you stop watching? it had a lean patch there for a while (15-24 was a patch where the bad seasons outnumbered the good), but since season 25 I feel like the show has been on a tear, not every season has been truly great but none of them have been terrible, so I guess that's the last four years.
tin man

Post by tin man »

Golden wrote: When did you stop watching? it had a lean patch there for a while (15-24 was a patch where the bad seasons outnumbered the good), but since season 25 I feel like the show has been on a tear, not every season has been truly great but none of them have been terrible, so I guess that's the last four years.
:o i'm shocked you included 15-17 in this "rough patch"! i think that china-micronesia-gabon was the strongest 3-season arc in the history of the series tbh
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

For me the strongest three season run might be 12-13-14, or it might be some of the more recent ones. 25-29 I find pretty strong generally and I could agree with a stretch in there. Some people might say the lean patch is only 21-24, for me I prefer 18 and 20 to anything from 15-17, but 17 in particular a lot of people think is the worst season ever. I personally don't agree, but neither is it anywhere close to my favourite. None of 15 through 17 are ones I have felt in a rush to watch a second time, although I have season 16 sitting there ready to go now, it's the strongest of the three for sure. Eliza and her stick, the fall of Eric etc, but the black widow brigade I didn't find so interesting. It would have been top tier for me if it wasn't for so many of the fans being so useless, I prefer Caramoan of the Fans vs Favourites seasons because I feel like it had more things to compensate for how terrible the fans were (ironically, I feel both are good seasons despite the fans).

15-17 would probably hold up well on a rewatch. 18 is great when you know Coach is being set up for a fall. I would just say that other than Heroes vs Villains very few if any of the seasons from 15-24 are likely to find their way in to the top half of my rankings. 16, 18 and 23 are probably the only ones that have any chance at all.
tin man

Post by tin man »

ok everyone!!!! i just finished pearl islands! and to no surprise - i totally loved it! it's honestly everything anyone could want in a survivor season - amazing characters, good strategy, an exciting post merge and pre merge, and although i don't think that the outcast twist should ever be used again, it totally worked out perfectly in this season!! AND!! DRAKE is a top 5 all time tribe.

here are my overall thoughts!
SEASON 7: PEARL ISLANDS
cast ranking:
note: i would say even 13th, 14th place on this ranking could be top half in another season's ranking. there were seriously only two people i had mostly negative feelings on, and everyone else delivered. i even have positive feelings to some of the more UTR cast members (michelle, darrah) because they allowed STARS to have more air time :) ok here is the ranking:

sandra - GOD i love her <3 i feel like it's almost so obvious that sandra is amazing that i don't have lots to add?? she's a lippy mom who's terrible at challenges and isn't afraid to get loud, but ALSO happens to be the only 2 time winner and was only 1 vote away from a totally perfect game in this season (damn it tijuana!!) i also feel like sandra (even though i think she's the best and she's won twice) is still kind of underrated?? i feel like her "as long as it ain't me" strategy deserves even more praise - it takes a lot to seriously just be like "yeah whoever i'll vote them off even if they're my friend."

lillian - omg i want her to return <3 even though i doubt she will considering she was a total trainwreck by the time it went to the final 5

burton - i want him to return too!!! he really did a great job of being like the villain douche archetype i guess (along with shawn) and it doesn't hurt that he's like a top 10 hottest survivor male ever!

christa - i want her to return too !!! <3 omg i love her voice and the fact that she was given a positive edit even though it seemed like everyone besides rupert/sandra could NOT stand her. also after reading about the cast apparently she was found on craigslist looking for a "meth bong" (whatever that is?) so lol

jon - obviously ICONIC! although the grandmother lie seems oddly not that bad now lol but obviously it was back in the day. however, he got kind of tedious in the last 2 episodes (minus the amazing FIC with lill)

rupert - i actually liked rupert a lot more in this season than i anticipated, because i honestly didn't care for him much in his later seasons, although he's obviously one of the top 5? most recognizable survivors of all time. however, like jon, he would have been a lot higher, but i started to tire of him in his last couple episodes and i think it was good that he got voted off when he did.

ryan o. - one of the least present people post merge but i always really liked his relatively little screentime - i thought his thing with the pelican was cute <3 i'm not sure why he's this high just a fun UTR presence !

shawn - such a douche <3 i honestly love the "survivor douche guy that no one likes/takes seriously" archetype (see also: drew christy)

darrah - honestly although darrah was EXTREMELY utr (probably because she was... really hard to understand lol) i still feel like she had some good moments ("jon lies but... he tells the truth too"; the fact that she/her boyfriend didn't seem to know each other at all). also lol at the blatant rigging in the f4 immunity challenge because you know they didn't want this boring person to win in a cast full of stars lol

tijuana - after an AMAZING premiere episode, she faded into the background to be a savage sidekick (ugh) and then ruined sandra's perfect game, and in other seasons she could still make top half, but this is pearl islands and honestly i still really like her!

osten - what a trainwreck <3 however he annoyed me in the first couple episodes but i liked how much he pissed off probst lol

trish - her random CPN boot episode and the lesbian shopkeeper enamored with her in the first episode <3

michelle - she was randomly pretty good in the outcast episode, but other than that she left no real impression on me

nicole - honestly i didn't have the strongest feelings towards her either!

ryan s. - kinda pathetic honestly, and for some reason during the outcast episode/fallen comrades they always showed this gross clip of him with a lot of snot and it was gross!

andrew - probably really only the castaway that i have strong negative feelings on. so smug/entitled and just someone i just know i would NEVER get along with in real life. however probs to him to getting totally owned in epic ways in 2 seasons <3

and,
SEASONS RANKING!

(this will be no surprise)
1. PEARL ISLANDS

2. THE AMAZON
3. BORNEO
4. THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK
5. MARQUESAS
6. AFRICA
7. THAILAND

this season is unlikely to leave the top spot minus 2/3 seasons that i want to leave a surprise so i won't say which ones those are!! like i said above, it has everything anyone can want from a survivor season. i was never bored, i love the cast, great winner, great final 2, etc, etc. it's honestly a perfect survivor season and i don't think it could be replicated if you did it a thousand times over. i can realistically see everyone from ryan o. and up being in my top 100, which is saying a LOT.

here is a winner ranking, which also isn't a surprise and won't have the #1 slot moved down unless idk there's another amazing cast member who wins later on but honestly i feel like that won't happen.

1. SANDRA
2. RICHARD
3. VECEPIA
4. JENNA
5. TINA
6. ETHAN
7. BRIAN

what are your guys' thoughts on PI?? any ranking or anything you disagree with?? again, i'd LOVE to talk about pearl islands because it was so amazing <3

also, i may take a little break now. i've been consistently doing a season a week but i think i need a break because also after this i feel like all stars shifts survivor into like a second generation? it's the end of 16 person casts, a lot more twists, etc, and also i HATED all stars so i want to reflect on pearl islands for a bit before i watch 18 castaways partially ruin their legacy (damn it, kathy!)

edit: here are some sandra gifs to add some flair to this post! we love you sandra!!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

How on earth is the Trish boot episode giving Sandra an MOR3 on Edgic? She completely engineered that boot and didn't even get a complex player for it? For me she would be CPP for her role in that episode, easily. Edgic!

I agree with you that this is one of the most complete casts the show has ever hard. It is well underrepresented in terms of returnees, there are some people in here who really should return (Burton, in particular). At least bringing Savage back in 31 helped a bit.

The thing about Sandra is that her 'as long as it's not me' strategy (when simplified down to that) sounds a little less impressive than what she really manages to do, which is often 'as long as it's not me OR my allies'. In fact, she says to people's face 'anyone as long as it's not me', and at the end of the day she will execute on that, but most of the time she still manages to influence the boot to be the person she wants gone as well. Sandra might be underrated by some in the fan base, but I doubt she'd be underrated by the other players when she plays again.

Regarding Fairplay - I thought the grandma lie was iconic and audacious but... I think as far as game moves go it's pretty useless. It seems like more of a way to worry people about you getting sympathy votes and want you gone? Maybe it's a sign of the times, but I think if the grandmother lie was invented for the first time in season 33, it would be a terrible move that might get the liar voted out, even if the lie wasn't uncovered.

I'm an unapologetic Rupert lover - I've really enjoyed him on all his seasons. I think he is one of the few people who is really bad at the game but still manages to have some really inspired moments (like the fake idol in HvV). The extent to which he is a mixed bag is actually intriguing. He's the kind of person I will never mind being cast because he will always bring a complex dynamic for other players to have to work around, and make for interesting confessionals. No doubt, Pearl Island is where he shines best though. He is in his element with the pirate theme and the way he connected to Fairplay and was betrayed by him makes for one of the most compelling storylines of the season.

Osten and the disdain of the first quit is an epic moment.

And I actually really liked the Outcasts twist. Way better than Redemption Island, because that sucked screen time with the challenges and eliminations that needed to occur in every episode, and because it was limited to before the merge. I'd consider it a prototype for a much more successful approach to redemption island. It might have been better if we were taken on the journey the whole time, while the contestants weren't in the know. I wouldn't mind this twist returning at all.

PS - I love Savage. I don't want him to win, but I think he adds a heap to the season. He is the kind of person I like to root against much more than someone like a Jon or a Russell (who just annoys me, really).

The other thing about Pearl Islands is that it is the first time where I feel as though the boot list makes literally no sense if you were to read it when the merge hits. You would just ask yourself how the season could possibly go down the way that one did and with the boots in that order, and I think it was a preview of what a three tribe season can do (Burton and Lil representing the third tribe here) because it seems to create an instability after the merge that doesn't exist even in seasons with a swap. At least in Amazon shake ups represent the end of power players, it still seems relatively logical and didn't really feel surprising to me other than the Deena boot (which was probably the most surprised I'd been by Survivor until that point). In Pearl Islands it felt, basically from Burton's boot on, like anyone could go at any time.

Season ranking

1 - Pearl Islands
2 - Australia
3 - Marquesas
4 - Africa
5 - Borneo
6 - Amazon
7 - Thailand

Winner rankings:

1 - Sandra 1.0
2 - Richard
3 - Tina
4 - Ethan
5 - Vecepia
6 - Brian
6 - Jenna
tin man

Post by tin man »

@Golden - honestly i feel like unspoiled edgic has so many flaws. i've been using this person's charts to follow along (http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/118 ... 5PmwZOAOkp) that seem to make more sense (for example, they gave sandra that CPP that she deserved), but the first time i tried to paste one in it didn't work

i think part of the reason pearl islands underrepresented is maybe the fact that all-stars came immediately after? and by the time they got more returning players (micro, HvV), they tended to look for those post-all stars so i think they got shafted. burton, lillian, christa, shawn, and jon (for a real second season even though probst hates him) would all be amazing returnee candidates imo.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

post millenials vs. gen x bump
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm going to be blogging Survivor from next season.

I'll post more closer to the time, but it would be neat if those of you who are Survivor fans came along and read my ramblings :)
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:I'm going to be blogging Survivor from next season.

I'll post more closer to the time, but it would be neat if those of you who are Survivor fans came along and read my ramblings :)
Ready for the Sierra/Troyzan power couple to take over the island?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm going to be blogging Survivor from next season.

Ready for the Sierra/Troyzan power couple to take over the island?
I can't wait to see how a season like this plays out. It looks remarkably lopsided on paper.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

GAME CHANGERS

ok how did Sierra change the game? She voted off her Mom? So what? I accidentally left my mom at a gas station on a vacation and you don't see me getting any medals.

But seriously am excited about seeing some familiar faces next season. Looks to be a pretty cutthroat one.

Ozzy should be voted out first, if they're smart.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:GAME CHANGERS

ok how did Sierra change the game? She voted off her Mom? So what? I accidentally left my mom at a gas station on a vacation and you don't see me getting any medals.

But seriously am excited about seeing some familiar faces next season. Looks to be a pretty cutthroat one.

Sierra Dawn Thomas and Ciera Eastin are both on the next season. Ciera's the one who VOTED OUT HER MOM according to Probst.

Sierra was in Worlds Apart and did literally nothing. Waste of a space.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:GAME CHANGERS

You're thinking of ciera. Sierra did much less.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:

Spoilers from this past season:
Jess's rock draw pissed me off. What a shitty way to go. I was rooting for her.

As for last season, what a heart wrenching story from Adam. During that last 2 episode arc it was clear he was being set up for a win from the edits, and I was being really put off by his sob story. But to hear that it was all true and his mother actually dying at that time is awful, and I'm glad he won. 100%. What a great gesture to give a quarter of his winnings to cancer research as well. I thoroughly enjoyed that season for the most part, even if Hannah existed and made some boneheaded decisions that impacted/blindsighted some of my favorite players. :disappoint:
Linki; ohhhh right. I don't even remember that Sierra lol.

What has anyone with the homophone of Sierra done in this game worth noting?

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Scotty wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Spoilers from this past season:
Jess's rock draw pissed me off. What a shitty way to go. I was rooting for her.

As for last season, what a heart wrenching story from Adam. During that last 2 episode arc it was clear he was being set up for a win from the edits, and I was being really put off by his sob story. But to hear that it was all true and his mother actually dying at that time is awful, and I'm glad he won. 100%. What a great gesture to give a quarter of his winnings to cancer research as well. I thoroughly enjoyed that season for the most part, even if Hannah existed and made some boneheaded decisions that impacted/blindsighted some of my favorite players. :disappoint:
Linki; ohhhh right. I don't even remember that Sierra lol.

What has anyone with the homophone of Sierra done in this game worth noting?
Ciera (the mom voting one) pulled a pretty amazing blindside on Andrew Savage in Second Chances.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

insertnamehere wrote:Ciera (the mom voting one) pulled a pretty amazing blindside on Andrew Savage in Second Chances.
I think Ciera's done a number of good things:

She did a lot of work to get Caleb to turn on Brad
She got Katie to admit she didn't have an idol through a shrewd piece of play
She recognised the need to go to rocks (sure, it was an episode too late)
She played both the Woo and Savage votes well in Second Chances, and was unlucky not to successfully dispatch of Fishbach too - it took an idol to get her out.

Listening to Jeff, you can see the season should be called 'Big Moves', because what he basically said is all of the players tried to do big things and play hard, even if it didn't work for them (this is still not true of Sierra...)
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Ciera (the mom voting one) pulled a pretty amazing blindside on Andrew Savage in Second Chances.
I think Ciera's done a number of good things:

She did a lot of work to get Caleb to turn on Brad
She got Katie to admit she didn't have an idol through a shrewd piece of play
She recognised the need to go to rocks (sure, it was an episode too late)
She played both the Woo and Savage votes well in Second Chances, and was unlucky not to successfully dispatch of Fishbach too - it took an idol to get her out.

Listening to Jeff, you can see the season should be called 'Big Moves', because what he basically said is all of the players tried to do big things and play hard, even if it didn't work for them (this is still not true of Sierra...)
That one must not have had an impression on me. I know it just happened but I don't even remember the winner of that season.

:sigh:
It's that early onset dimentia striking again :fist:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So it begins:

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s34/martell/

I'm offically blogging Survivor, guys. Hope some of you who are Survivor fans will come along and read from time to time.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:So it begins:

I'm offically blogging Survivor, guys. Hope some of you who are Survivor fans will come along and read from time to time.
Congrats on hitting the TrueDorkTimes big leagues!

I'm definitely gonna try and read it every week. I can't get enough of online Survivor coverage.

If any of you all don't already know about it, Mario Lanza's Funny 115 website about Survivor is a goddamn masterpiece, and he's releasing his third iteration about seasons 21-30 right now.

http://www.funny115.com/

Definitely a must-read for Survivor fans, along with the Golden Ticket. :nicenod:

(I also love the hatch door map banner.)
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Awesome work man! I will read that during the show today.
I especially like from my initial perusal how you spell the word "analyze" :grin:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:

Awesome work man! I will read that during the show today.
I especially like from my initial perusal how you spell the word "analyze" :grin:
Not colour?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My cast assessment is up. Warning, it's long!

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s34/martell/cast.htm
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:My cast assessment is up. Warning, it's long!

http://www.truedorktimes.com/s34/martell/cast.htm
Holy shit dude. Your thoughts and mine are almost the same!!
After looking at the lineup, I figured Sandra would be a huge pull for votes right around merge and would probably be the first voted out of the merged tribe. And then you said ~10th! Right on!

I really want Malcolm to win. I do love the makeup of the Malu tribe and would be willing to bet that if a majority of them make it to merge with numbers, one of them will win it all.

I'm supes excited about this season. Good gameplay > loud personalities > pretty people

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm excited too. I just hope we don't lose superstar after superstar before the merge, that would be bad news.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:I'm excited too. I just hope we don't lose superstar after superstar before the merge, that would be bad news.
If I were on a tribe with a winner and 2-time winner, you best know I wouldn't ally with them nor would I want them on my team. But man would it be cool for one of them to go all the way again.

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

My Sandra avatar accurately describes the amount of days until Game Changers.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

insertnamehere wrote:My Sandra avatar accurately describes the amount of days until Game Changers.
True dat. And no spoilers in thread until at least Thursday please! I won't get to watch until then.

I'll be sure and post my final 3 predictions after I watch the first episode tho

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

All talk spoiler tagged, is a good policy. I probably can't watch until your Thursday either.

I have to start my next blog tonight... I've seen the first 7 minutes of the episode and thought about the new twist (the one that's been publicly announced) so that's enough to get going.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:All talk spoiler tagged, is a good policy. I probably can't watch until your Thursday either.

I have to start my next blog tonight... I've seen the first 7 minutes of the episode and thought about the new twist (the one that's been publicly announced) so that's enough to get going.
Agreed. Until at least we're several weeks in.

We should all put out our top 3's and whoever wins wins a win

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Is this your final 3, or top 3 guesses for who wins?

My top three guesses for who wins are:
Aubry
Andrea
Troyzan
The third one is me giving the end to the terrible season of terribleness, but I think they could beat some others they would get to the end with in that scenario.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

My top three guesses for who wins:
SANDRA
SANDRA
SANDRA
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

But seriously...
Varner
Michaela
Sandra
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ok! I done caught up I tells ya.

Did a fancy little draft with some friends, and here are my picks for final 3:
Malcolm
Sarah
Varner
insertnamehere wrote:But seriously...
Varner
Michaela
Sandra
Really?
Sandra? Really? Naw bro. She's too much of a threat. She's the first or second boot at merge. She and Tony got into that spat where she said "no one would vote for a winner at final tribal" and if she truly believes that, she is wrong. They would win in a heartbeat if the others are foolish enough to let Jen get that far. They're not gonna get that far. I would even go so far as to say that the patsy JT will outlast her.

Don't misunderstand though- she's one of the best characters here.

Michaela tho? That one I'm even more perplexed about. I WANT her to win. She's my woman. I love her and her short temper and inability to contain facial expressions. But not only does she have that working against her, she also is coming from general obscurity. I think that she and Zeke will find themselves on the outs early rather than later, because I don't think this group wants another Russell hantz situation on their hands. Which sucks, because she's great.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Also hilarious is that it is pure coincidence that I named a tribe in my game 'Mamana' when a tribe of similar colors in this season is called 'Mana'

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This week's Survivor blog is here:

http://truedorktimes.com/s34/martell/e3.htm
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, sell me on one Survivor season.

One.

You can collaborate at will on this one.

And not the first one, I've seen that one back in the day. I actually still strongly remember Richard for how much of a vile, yet laudable ass he was. Dammit, I even vividly remember the last 3 challenge, that Rudy lost after, what, nine hours or something? I think my parents were heartbroken by it or something. Damn you brain, why you choose to keep these memories, of all things!!

Return to “Tinsel Town”