Better Call Saul

Explore Tinsel Town and discuss your favorite TV shows and movies.

Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Better Call Saul

Post by Tangrowth »

Anyone else watching this show? If so, what do you think of it? IMO, it's the best thing on television right now.

If you are watching it, I'm curious: Did you watch Breaking Bad or not? Doing so isn't necessary (since this is a prequel of sorts).

This show certainly has surpassed my expectations. I really love it, and I have an appreciation of the Jimmy/Saul character way beyond what I could have imagined after Breaking Bad was over. Vince Gilligan has somehow done it again, though I always try to avoid comparing it to Breaking Bad, since they're so different. The Easter Eggs connecting them both are so rewarding when you spot them though.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Ricochet »

I'll probably wait until the every episode from the second season is released, because I haven't had time or patience to keep track (or even begin, actually) on a weekly basis.

I had my fears for this spin-off and while some parts of the first season were understandly in the same style and at an even slower burn pace than BB, I thought it was mostly good; the last three or so episodes certainly packed a solid punch. I'm reading that the second season takes even bigger steps towards breathing on its own as a series, so I'm excited. Odenkirk and Banks are absolutely great and, while I don't know yet what's being cooked in S2, I sort of wish they'd hold back as much as possible on connecting to BB and BCS timelines, because it's working and I don't feel I need fanservice of Walter White or others being brought back for five seconds cameos and such.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone else watching this show? If so, what do you think of it? IMO, it's the best thing on television right now.

If you are watching it, I'm curious: Did you watch Breaking Bad or not? Doing so isn't necessary (since this is a prequel of sorts).

This show certainly has surpassed my expectations. I really love it, and I have an appreciation of the Jimmy/Saul character way beyond what I could have imagined after Breaking Bad was over. Vince Gilligan has somehow done it again, though I always try to avoid comparing it to Breaking Bad, since they're so different. The Easter Eggs connecting them both are so rewarding when you spot them though.
I like this so much more than Breaking Bad--- the characters are actually likable. :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I haven't seen any of season two yet, but I loved season 1. And yes, I could pretty much watch Banks and Odenkirk do what they do all day long....

I agree though, unless they are super subtle, (as in I'd prolly miss them) I hope they don't Easter Egg BB to much until the very end when timelines should be matching up.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I keep meaning to watch this and I KEEP completely forgetting about it!!!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

it's really good LA - set up a couple days and binge the heck out of it. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Anyone else watching this show? If so, what do you think of it? IMO, it's the best thing on television right now.

I like this so much more than Breaking Bad--- the characters are actually likable. :p
I can see why you do; in a way, I like it more than Breaking Bad as well, but there are some things I preferred about BB too. I try not to compare them too much because, despite there being some stylistic similarities in terms of characters, cinematography, etc., they're just too different. Daisy feels the same way as you though; she didn't LOVE Breaking Bad like I did, she liked it well enough, but she likes Better Call Saul more.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

bea wrote:it's really good LA - set up a couple days and binge the heck out of it. :D
Yeah, I can't recommend it more highly. It's really good stuff. I hadn't seen any of it until this past Christmas break myself due to being too busy and just my general failing to check it out despite wanting to, but my parents came down to visit and my dad had been recording the episodes for me. I've been keeping up with Season 2 live though; it's just awesome. Not sure what I'm going to do when it's over and I have to wait for Season 3, but... oh well.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I hate not getting AMC so having to wait until Tuesday to watch. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:I hate not getting AMC so having to wait until Tuesday to watch. :sigh:
This. Absolutely this.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

Puhleeze, we have AMC and it's just MGM painted over. We get absolutely zero recent series, let alone stuff that would air at the same time. #thirdworldtreatment. #ok,maybesecond :confused2:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

last I looked...ya'll had interent connections.....just sayin....... :mafia:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I just wait until the next day :p

Return to “Tinsel Town”