Technical Feedback & Requests

Use this space to talk about the game of Mafia without actually playing Mafia -- whether theory, game design, general questions, or whatever you may want to talk about.

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 5

Technical Feedback & Requests

Post by Spacedaisy »

So we finally got the boards back up as you all can see. However, we realize the site has quite a few changes and probably glitches. This thread is specifically for posting any glitches you run into or any features we seem to have lost that we can try to recover. You can also post any requests for features we didn't have previously that you might like to see if we can add to the site in the future.

I appreciate your patience with this process guys and it is clear the road is still going to be bumpy as I am already encountering a fair share of bugs. My first priority is going to be making sure all the Administrative features are working correctly, so if you don't see immediate results please continue to be patient with us. We'll do our best to get back to full capacity as soon as possible!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Technical Feedback & Requests

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The most pressing issue I can identify is that individual post histories are no longer readily accessible -- the "in topic" button which used to be underneath user avatars is no longer present, and they still cannot be accessed through the post count rankings (as is the case on some sites). This will make player analysis a great deal more difficult. This is not a complaint; I know it's a process. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Golden »

Gosh, Jay is complaining already!

My most immediate note is that I would have simply clicked on a smiley to add to the above sentence, but they aren't there at the moment (I'm sure they are still somewhere... and it could just be because the black theme isn't currently enabled.)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I take that back. I'm an idiot.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I've had some issues with new posts not showing up but I think it's only been a problem on mobile. Earlier on my phone I posted in the update announcement thread and then in the mass effect game thread, and when I refreshed each subforum it still said the last post was the previous one (and when I reopened the game thread it looked as if I hadn't voted in the poll even though I had). It seems to work right about every other time I open the threads, but on the subforum it still hasn't updated who the last poster was/how many replies there are.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@nutella - sounds like my at work post regression issues, a little.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

OK, it's not just on mobile. My post just disappeared from my perspective but I know it's there and will show up when I refresh. And on the index it's still showing Golden as the last poster here, and JJJ as the last poster in mass effect even though that's not the case.

linki- my post just showed up in linki (along with golden's). interesting
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

seems like maybe everything is just taking its sweet time to catch up to itself. Hopefully something that will fix once the updates have all settled in.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've found that on a few occasions I've had to hit the refresh button to correct all of the "most recent poster" type stuff.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 am I've found that on a few occasions I've had to hit the refresh button to correct all of the "most recent poster" type stuff.
Yeah ok refreshing the index page did fix that. Still frustrating to open the thread and travel back in time but the newer posts showed up when I refreshed again.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:56 am I've found that on a few occasions I've had to hit the refresh button to correct all of the "most recent poster" type stuff.
Yeah ok refreshing the index page did fix that. Still frustrating to open the thread and travel back in time but the newer posts showed up when I refreshed again.
This is identical to my post regression issue. It's at it's worst when doing a full post reply, and when editing posts. It caused me to screw up in lost again. It's really annoying.

And it now looks like it may be happening for me on the phone as well. Can't test at home until I'm internet connected.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

can anyone else not open spoiler tags?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

All mods we had installed got deleted in the update. Spoilers, in topic/all posts button, poll voter information, the forum skin to name a few. We will try to reinstall these functions if we can get mods that work with the new version. However, they are not top priority because we have a very real issue with our Administrative control panel (the back end where we do all the work on the site) and some issues are more critical (polls and the refresh issue) and will be addressed first.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

The sign up threads seem to be missing this morning. They were here last night.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thellama73 »

Someone linked me to this thread and I was able to get here, but when I navigate to www.mafiathesyndicate.com I'm still getting the directory and can't get into the site proper.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I posted this on the other thread, didn't notice this one at the time:

Some stuff I noticed (both bugs and missing features)

- I can't figure out how to change my site colour
- Button to read 'In Topic' posts is missing, as well as the 'All' button that's usually beside it
- Polls don't show who voted what, only the number of votes
- Threads don't update to show the last post on each thread
- Spoilered posts can't be opened
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 am Someone linked me to this thread and I was able to get here, but when I navigate to www.mafiathesyndicate.com I'm still getting the directory and can't get into the site proper.
try this:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/index.php

It's the link I have bookmarked and it works for me. Then bookmark it.

@Quin, the black background has not been reloaded yet, we are in basic mode which only has the default option. It is on the list :)

[*]Also, I noticed it would not let me quote in the thread, I had to go to the post & edit mode to quote a post.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Yeah the sign ups category decided it didn't like where it was before and packed up and moved. I can see it in the ACP, but I can't get it moved back. It's part of the ongoing issues with the ACP. Additionally Quin, you didn't notice the thread because sometimes it shows up and sometimes it hides. I don't know what the issue is, my guess is it has something to do with the new posts not showing up until refreshing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for being patient, everyone, we definitely hit some unforeseen snags and Daisy and Sokoth have been constantly hard at work to address them. I feel confident they'll be able to do so, we just may be operating at less than ideal capacity for longer than we'd like.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am
thellama73 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:06 am Someone linked me to this thread and I was able to get here, but when I navigate to www.mafiathesyndicate.com I'm still getting the directory and can't get into the site proper.
try this:

@Quin, the black background has not been reloaded yet, we are in basic mode which only has the default option. It is on the list :)

[*]Also, I noticed it would not let me quote in the thread, I had to go to the post & edit mode to quote a post.
Yeah, that link works fine. It's just the basic URL www.mafiathesynidcate.com that doesn't work. Just tried it on my work computer, and same issue.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 am
S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:21 am
try this:

Yeah, that link works fine. It's just the basic URL www.mafiathesynidcate.com that doesn't work. Just tried it on my work computer, and same issue.
I get that. It may not work again, because of updated browsers in connection with the new software model.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think you're right, SVS. It appears to be a Safari-specific issue. A cleared cache didn't solve it, but switching to Chrome did.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:45 am I think you're right, SVS. It appears to be a Safari-specific issue. A cleared cache didn't solve it, but switching to Chrome did.
Thank You. I enjoy being right, not unlike yourself :cloud9:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The sign up forums are hidden like Narnia at this point.

Also can anyone else not open spoiler tags

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am The sign up forums are hidden like Narnia at this point.
Yeah, Daisy and I have been messing around in the ACP off and on to try to figure out what's going on; it's very bizarre. Certainly I've never seen anything like this before. It should be sorted out soon enough... hopefully.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:37 am All mods we had installed got deleted in the update. Spoilers, in topic/all posts button, poll voter information, the forum skin to name a few. We will try to reinstall these functions if we can get mods that work with the new version. However, they are not top priority because we have a very real issue with our Administrative control panel (the back end where we do all the work on the site) and some issues are more critical (polls and the refresh issue) and will be addressed first.
Spoilers question answered here.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, unfortunately spoilers are going to have to wait until Daisy and I know for a fact that we can do something in the ACP and it actually does what we tell it to do. Because right now that's not happening, and that's the most concerning glitch at the moment.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:19 am The sign up forums are hidden like Narnia at this point.

If you click the word "MAFIA" on top of the Mafia forum, it takes you to the subforums, and the Elemental thread is visible this way, but the rest of the sign ups threads are not. Perhaps that was the one last posted?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

If you click the word "MAFIA" on top of the Mafia forum, it takes you to the subforums, and the Elemental thread is visible this way, but the rest of the sign ups threads are not. Perhaps that was the one last posted?
I am able to find the other sign up threads but I have to go thru my posts to do it. Whacky.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I retire for less than a year and everything goes pear shaped.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:31 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:00 am

I am able to find the other sign up threads but I have to go thru my posts to do it. Whacky.
Lion King and the Scrimmage are both in the "Events" subforum. And Elemental is in the mafia forum but in a hidden (from the top) subforum. Not sure what happened to Majora, lol.

It will all sort out and come back. Life is an adventure.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, I haven't been here for over a week and just read the PMs. Since the spoiler tags don't work, I don't know who the nominees for the championship games are, therefore can not vote. Can anyone name them or link to a place I can find them?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm Sorry, I haven't been here for over a week and just read the PMs. Since the spoiler tags don't work, I don't know who the nominees for the championship games are, therefore can not vote. Can anyone name them or link to a place I can find them?
If you quote the post, you will be able to see what's in the spoiler tags when the quote populates your response field.

But to answer your question:

DrWilgy
Epignosis
Quin
Soneji
Vompatti
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:23 pm
FZ. wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm Sorry, I haven't been here for over a week and just read the PMs. Since the spoiler tags don't work, I don't know who the nominees for the championship games are, therefore can not vote. Can anyone name them or link to a place I can find them?
If you quote the post, you will be able to see what's in the spoiler tags when the quote populates your response field.

But to answer your question:

DrWilgy
Epignosis
Quin
Soneji
Vompatti
Thanks!
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hey guys I know some people have experienced difficulty getting to the site and keep coming up with the parent directory list. I am working on it, but a work around for the moment is to put /index at the end of the URL ad it comes up with the site and a button you can click that gets you back where you need to be.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Don's Hideout”