Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

Post and discuss your completed mafia game submissions, and view the updated hosting queues here.
Post Reply
User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 11931
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 pm

WASTELANDERS

The Vault Dweller

Image

You drew the short straw, and have been sent out of the only home you’ve ever known into the wasteland to find a replacement water chip. You have no idea what you’ll find out there, but if you don’t hurry – your family and friends will not survive.

Before the end of Day 0, you must choose one tag skill among the following three: combat, stealth, and speech. During each ensuing night phase, you will be granted a one-time use ability related to your tag skill. Each progressive night represents a “level up”, wherein your ability will improve in utility.

Jacoren

Image

As overseer, the well-being of Vault 13 is your responsibility, and you’ll do whatever you have to do to protect the community – even if it means making difficult decisions.

During each night phase, you may select a player. That player’s role will not function that night.

Tandi

Image

You're a naïve kid, having spent your entire life to this point confined to the borders of the tiny Shady Sands settlement. You want nothing more than to get out of the village and explore the wasteland, but your father forbids it. All you can do is talk with the travelers who visit the town and learn about the outside world from their stories.

During each night phase, you may submit a message to the host. It will be posted publicly at the start of each following day phase. You may not reveal your identity in this message.

Killian Darkwater

Image

You run a supply store, and serve as the defacto mayor of Junktown. You keep the peace despite every effort from the unfavorables in the area to undermine you, and passers-through respect your authority.

You run the Darkwaters store. During each day phase, players may contact you anonymously through the host to barter for items you have in stock. You will not be obligated to accept or reject any offers; the choice will be yours. The store's supply will be listed on the game's front page, and details for its operation will be included there. You may not use any of the items in your store. If you die, control over the store will pass to Gizmo. If neither you are alive, the store will no longer be in operation.

Ian

Image

As a former guard for the Crimson Caravan, you have a lot of experience traveling the wastes. You can be an invaluable asset and friend, but holy hell are you a terrible shot sometimes.

Each vote you place will be worth two, but the second vote may not necessarily end up where you intended. The first vote will always work correctly. The second vote will have a 35% chance of landing on the player for whom your intended vote voted for. For example: you vote for Player A, and Player A votes for Player B. Your first vote will surely land on Player A. Your second vote has a 65% chance of landing on Player A and a 35% chance of landing on Player B. The usage of this second vote is not optional, but it will not be in effect during any final elimination phase (wherein the results of a lynch may dictate which faction is declared the winner of the game).

Harold

Image

You've been around since the time of the war, seen so much suffering and death, seen yourself become a horrifying ghoulish shade, and yet you have never lost your charm. You're a storyteller, and you have information which makes you a valuable member of the Hub old town community.

Three during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told who that player targeted that night if anyone.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told who targeted that player that night if anyone. You may not use both of these abilities during any single night phase.

Katja

Image

A scavenger of the wastes needs to develop a few key skills to survive and thrive. You are the classic rogue, adept in disabling locks, traps, and stealth. It's how you've gotten by so long in the dangerous and desolate Boneyard formerly known as Los Angeles.

Once during the game during any night phase, you may steal an item from the Darkwaters store.

Separately, once during the game during any night phase, you may elect to hide another player from notice (removing them from the poll during the next day phase). You may not use both of these abilities during any single night phase.

Tycho

Image

You're a battle-hardened survivalist associated with the Desert Rangers, a faction from the southeast Mojave wastes. You do the best you can to keep the peace in a place where trust and good will are sorely in deficit, and it's all you can do to keep yourself alive -- let alone the helpless bastards you want to protect.

Thanks to the gas mask you carry on your person at all times, you are immune to the effects of radiation.

Three times during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. That player will be immune to all night actions and also unable to use any night actions.

Nicole

Image

As the founder and leader of the Followers of the Apocalypse, you are a humanitarian first, defender second, and preacher never. The chief charge of your faction is to aid those in need across the Californian wastes without judgment or condition, and to preserve old knowledge which may prevent any recurrence of the great war which destroyed civilization.

During each night phase, you may select a player. That player will be protected from one vote during the following day phase (their total votes received will be reduced by one).

Laura

Image

You're a Follower disguised among the Children of the Cathedral as a spy. Your task is to acquire knowledge of what happens behind the closed doors of the Cathedral facility and within that mysterious organization.

During each night phase, you may submit a message to the host which will be transmitted to Nicole. You may not reveal your identity in this message, as if it is intercepted your cover will be blown.

Twice during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told whether or not that player is aligned with the Supermutants.

Vree

Image

You're the lead scribe for the Brotherhood of Steel, with access to a vast amount of technological and scientific information retained from before the great war. Your team can utilize this knowledge to create and improve upon nearly any ordinary technologies scattered across the wastes.

During each night phase, you may select one of the following two abilities:

1.) You may elect to upgrade an item in your possession to improve its utility. You may not upgrade any item more than once.

2.) You may select another player. That player's night action, if applicable, will be upgraded to an improved state for one immediate use. This applies to only one action, and can affect either an item ability or a role ability. You need not indicate which, it will be automated (with first priority going to an item ability).

Butch Harris

Image

You're the head of the Far Go Traders company, which sends caravans across the wastes as far east as the Mojave and as far north as Reno. You're generally known as a good man with big dreams, but you're also a bit of a coward. You don't handle pressure very well and it shows. Most company business is really handled by your assistant Rutger.

If you ever receive four votes simultaneously, at any moment in any day phase, you will immediately be lynched and the following night phase will begin. You have no special abilities.

Loxley

Image

You fancy yourself the gentleman's thief, playing into the old Robin Hood of "Locksley" legends. You do give a small cut of your profits to the poor in the Hub old town, but let's be honest... You keep a lot more for yourself and your guild.

During each night phase, you may select a player. If that player has only bottlecaps, you will steal them. If that player has only an item, you will steal it. If that player has both bottlecaps and an item, you will steal the bottlecaps. If that player has no possessions, you will steal nothing. In any instance where you steal bottlecaps, you will keep only 80% (rounded up), with the rest going to charitable exploits (no longer in the game).

Rhombus

Image

You lead the Brotherhood of Steel paladins with honor and dignity... often way too much of both. Most of your troops think you're an asshole, and they're probably right. You have an unhealthy attachment to your power armor too. Despite your less pleasant traits, you're a hell of a fighter. That's obvious to anyone unfortunate enough to find your bad side.

If you are night killed, your killer will be unable to utilize his or her role during the following two night phases.

If you are lynched, half of the people who voted for you (rounded up, chosen at random) will be unable to use their roles during the following night phase.

General Maxson

Image

You're the man in charge at the Brotherhood of Steel compound. You command immense respect from the scribes and paladins underneath you, and though your word isn't "law", it might as well be. You have seen a lot in your long life, and you will do whatever you feel you must to preserve humanity's legacy.

During each night phase, you may select any two players not including yourself. Those two players will form a temporary team, able to engage in BTSC during the following day phase. They will use their player identities and not their role identities for this purpose, and all game rules pertaining to information revealing will still apply within that BTSC.

SUPERMUTANTS

The Master

Image

How you came to be what you are is unclear to nearly everyone else, but it matters little. You wield immense influence over the wastes, including over thousands of people who do not know you exist. You are as brilliant as you are terrifying, and if you get your way the world will soon be a very different place... and so much more pure.

If you deliver the night kill, you will not be affected by role blocks or protections. You may not kill during consecutive night phases.

If your alignment is checked, you will appear as a player not aligned with the Supermutants.

*secrets...*

Lou Tenant

Image

You are the right hand to The Master and one of the most intelligent supermutants ever to evolve. You are responsible for all supermutant forces and technology at the conversion facility. You are fully subscribed to The Master's philosophy of evolutionary superiority, and take special pleasure in every weak human you see dipped into your vats of forced evolutionary virus (FEV).

Once during the game during either Night 1 or Night 2 (no later), you may select a player to apprehend and dip. That player will undergo the process of mutation in three stages:

Stage 1: During the day phase following being dipped, the player will experience a huge increase in physical size and strength. He or she will be immune to two votes in the poll that day.
Stage 2: During the night phase following being dipped, the player will lose command of their emotional and rational faculties, becoming wild and enraged. His or her night action will target randomly, unbeknownst to him or her.
Stage 3: At the start of the day phase following Stage 2, the player will have fully transformed into a supermutant. He or she will be ready to serve The Master as a member of your faction. That player's original abilities will be retained.

Note: If Harold is dipped, it will have no effect on him and your usage of this ability will be expended.

Separately, during each night phase you may select a player. That player's role will not function that night.

Morpheus

Image

You're the man in charge of the Children of the Cathedral, leading a mysterious movement of worship dedicated only to The Holy Flame, The Father Hope, The Master. You inspire extreme zealotry in your followers, and you revel in the power it grants you. You know that the religion is a crock of shit, and you couldn't care less.

During each night phase, you may select a player to expose to significant radiation. That player will be nearly incapacitated with illness, able to post no more than five times during the following day phase.

Three times during the game during any separate night phases, you may select a player. You will be told that player's role.

INDEPENDENTS

Gizmo

Image

You run the casino at Junktown, and you'd very much like to run the rest of Junktown too. You've been feuding with Killian for years, and you're more than ready to finally be rid of that tight-ass prick.

You are in charge of the casino. During each day phase, players may contact you anonymously through the host to participate in your casino games. If you die, the casino will no longer be in operation.

If Killian dies and you are still alive, you will take control over the Darkwaters store.

*secrets...*

Decker

Image

You are the ruthless authority presiding over the underground crime syndicate at The Hub, and most people recognize that you're the real power in the city. You have great ambitions to control the water distribution and caravan trades across the Californian wastes, and you'll do whatever you must to assert total control.

*secrets...*

=================================================================================================================================================================

Darkwaters Store and Casino details will be revealed when the game begins.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 11931
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#2

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 pm

Just sticking this here until I have a chance to finish typing it up. It'll be on the drawing board soon.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 22828
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#3

Post by Epignosis » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:34 pm

I have all the Fallout games (except 4). My intention has been to play them in order, but two things keep happening:

First, I have almost no free time I can direct toward video games, and second, the combat system in Fallout 1 is brutally slow and inefficient. I can see how it would have been cool when it first came out, but it compounds the first problem.

User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 11931
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#4

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am

If you haven't already (and if you've looked at it at all in recent memory), there's an option in the preferences menu to speed up combat -- I'd recommend moving that slider fully to the right. It's still turn-based, but that becomes more manageable as you play and get accustomed to it. That combat interface usually seems to be where newcomers to the old games struggle.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

User avatar
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts: 22828
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Isolate Posts by Epignosis

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#5

Post by Epignosis » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 am

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:44 am
If you haven't already (and if you've looked at it at all in recent memory), there's an option in the preferences menu to speed up combat -- I'd recommend moving that slider fully to the right. It's still turn-based, but that becomes more manageable as you play and get accustomed to it. That combat interface usually seems to be where newcomers to the old games struggle.
Didn't know about that! :eek:

Still doesn't solve my first problem though. :(

User avatar
JaggedJimmyJay
The Consigliere
Posts: 11931
Joined: Tue May 12, 2015 11:42 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Athens, Ohio, U.S.
Contact:

Isolate Posts by JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Fallout: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [SPEED GAME]

#6

Post by JaggedJimmyJay » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:56 pm

Submitting it now.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
Civilian wins: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Felt Mafia 2, Greater Idea (Burglary), Seinfeld Mafia

Mafia wins: ImageImage
Not pictured: A Game About Chinese Food (Burglary)

Independent wins: ImageImageImage

Host: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary (Burglary)

Awards: ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Not pictured: Seinfeld Mafia MVP

Post Reply