Mystery Science Theater 3000 [Full Game]

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Mystery Science Theater 3000 [Full Game]

Post by indiglo »

This entire Dex & Indi presentation is still in development. Roles are not fixed/solid yet, nor or powers, etc. These are working notes, and are therefore fairly hodge podge.

CIVILIANS

Joel Robinson – Just your average, hard working joel. He was a janitor at Gizmonic Institute and did a good job cleaning up the place. Sadly, his bosses didn’t like him for some reason, and shot him into space. There, he was forced to watch cheesy movies to see if they were capable of destroying the human mind. (Looks for Mike [on odd/even night], gains btsc)

Mike Nelson – Mike is a nice, but doofy and slightly dim-witted. Once Joel escaped from the Satellite of Love, the Mads knocked poor Mike unconscious, and sent him up in Joel’s place to continue their demented experiment. (Looks for Joel [on odd/even night], gains btsc)

Tom Servo - What a cool guy! Originally created by Joel, Tom Servo is the slightly more mature, cynical robot who helps Joel and Mike stave off madness by keeping them company and watching horrible movies with them. (Empty gumball machine)

Crow T. Robot - He’s a wisecracker! One of the robots created by Joel Robinson. He is the more easy going of the two, yet some how manages to make the most sarcastic comments during movies.

Cambot – Pan left! Cambot is a robot built by Joel. He is rarely seen, since viewers are actually watching the goings on of the crew through Cambot’s lens. (Looks for robots, gains btsc w/them)

Gypsy - Hi, girl! Gypsy is perhaps the robot with the most responsibility. She takes care of the higher functions aboard the Satellite of Love, which takes up most of her computing power. This often causes her to seem slow-witted in her social interactions with the crew. (Warns about impending danger)

Satellite of Love – protection NP

Magic Voice – gains temp (monitored) BTSC w/a player each night

Rocket Number Nine - shows the outside of Sat of Love - TRACKS to see who a player targeted

MSTies (fans) – Indies? – lynched civs gain BTSC after death

Manos – Manipulator arms - switch a night power, or switch a target - or can switch names on the day poll

The Nanites

The New Guy

Baddies “The Mads”

Or “The Evil Overlords”:

1) Dr. Clayton Forrester
2) Dr. Laurence Erhardt
3) TV’s Frank
4) Deep 13/Gizmonic Institute
5) Pearl Forrester (Dr. F’s mother) - either puts things in her black bag or pulls something out
6) The Widowmaker (space van) - always getting flat tires
7) Professor Bobo - clipboard - keeps track of civ BTSC
8) Observer (AKA Brain Guy) – Indie – lynched bads gain BTSC after death

Lynch Votes

This will be an extremely experimental game. (Just as the show was, I suppose!) Instead of getting 1 lynch vote each day, each player will have 3 votes to use, and will use those to vote for the players they want to STAY in the game. The 3 votes will be weighted, so while voting in the poll will be important, votes must also be posted clearly in the thread as such:
1. Dex
2. Indi
3. Bea
The first vote will be worth more points, the second vote worth less points, and the final vote worth only 1 point. So the player each day with the LEAST amount of points will be out of the game. The players with the most points will continue to play.

This will continue to be finessed and polished as much as possible up until it is submitted and game time comes. It will be weird. Who remembers Mafia of the Absurd? We hope to surpass that in both absurdity and weirdness. :dark:

Dex & Indi present.... Now, even more weirder!!!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000 [Full Game]

Post by indiglo »

Also! I forgot!

We will be encouraging players to make funny comments in the thread, just like on the show. We will be closely monitoring the thread (just like Dr. Forrester), and handsomely rewarding the funnier posts with WiseCrack Bucks. These bucks can be used to purchase items from the Invention Exchange. These items will be useful and helpful for you, your faction and your life in general.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Golden »

1. Indiglo
2. Indi
3. In
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G-Man »

I always preferred Mike to Joel.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom