Oligarchy Mafia

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 3

Oligarchy Mafia

Post by Quin »

This is a set-up I adapted from another game I played once.

oligarchy
ˈɒlɪɡɑːki/
noun
a small group of people having control of a country or organization.
"the ruling oligarchy of military men around the president"
a country governed by an oligarchy.
"he believed that Britain was an oligarchy"
government by an oligarchy.

The gist is this:

On day 0, three people are elected to represent the Oligarchy. They will gain BTSC. After each day phase, the oligarchy will vote to lynch among the two highest lynch candidates. Members of the Oligarchy cannot be lynched.

The survivor will choose one of the members of the oligarchy to remove and take their place. Alternatively, players can vote for a new member that night with the elected person choosing who to replace. Not sure on which I'd go with yet.

Other than that premise, it's not yet very thought out. I see problems with it coming to the surface as the player roster gets smaller. Feedback welcome.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Oligarchy Mafia

Post by thellama73 »

I'll play.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:This is a set-up I adapted from another game I played once.

oligarchy
ˈɒlɪɡɑːki/
noun

The gist is this:

On day 0, three people are elected to represent the Oligarchy. They will gain BTSC. After each day phase, the oligarchy will vote to lynch among the two highest lynch candidates. Members of the Oligarchy cannot be lynched.

The survivor will choose one of the members of the oligarchy to remove and take their place. Alternatively, players can vote for a new member that night with the elected person choosing who to replace. Not sure on which I'd go with yet.

Other than that premise, it's not yet very thought out. I see problems with it coming to the surface as the player roster gets smaller. Feedback welcome.
I recall this being a party game. Is that what you are referencing in your first sentence?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by thellama73 »

How do you win? Is it just survival, or is there a mafia you have to eliminate?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:This is a set-up I adapted from another game I played once.

oligarchy
ˈɒlɪɡɑːki/
noun

The gist is this:

I recall this being a party game. Is that what you are referencing in your first sentence?
Nah, it was something else entirely, though I assume that was based off the party game. But if it's a party game maybe I can have a look into it and work with it some more.

linki: I figure it would be just standard mafia. The oligarchy thing is just adding another dimension to keep it interesting.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Considering submitting this to a queue, but it needs a lot of work as to how it should run. It doesn't seem extremely compatible with a typical mafia game. If anyone has any ideas, lay them on me.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The only Oligarchy board games I found are more like card games.

The last three standing compete someone for world domination, maybe? Not sure how that competition would run. Random tasks? Like the first/best to bring me a picture of luxury item x in dubai gains points, something of that nature?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Perhaps it's at final 5 that the Oligarchy rules end. After that point, normal mafia resumes. Otherwise, I can think of a couple of ideas that would help you run this as a standard mafia while maintaining balance.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward

Return to “The Basement”