Parallel Universe Mafia

Post your incomplete mafia game submissions here, regardless of game type. You may not even be sure which type you'll go with yet.

Moderator: Community Team

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Parallel Universe Mafia

Post by sprityo »

Alright so to start off, this will require a good amount of players, might even consider this a special game if we can figure out a site to invite, or some special occasion etc

So as the title reads, this game will be centered, at least mechanically, around parallel universes, or in this instance, parallel games

This will be a closed setup, with role reveals upon any kind of death unless other actions prohibit such

Currently since this sounds like its gonna be pretty complicated, im looking for a co-host who would be willing to help out, the co-hosts biggest job will be hosting the parallel session.

the size im considering per session is 12 so a total of 24, and ill toss in a few indis maybe so between 24 and 26 players total.

Mechanics that the game will be structured around includes "swapping/switching dimensions, time travel, and alliances." i put that in quotes for mystery's sake

General mechanics will include my standard rules listed below, plus the specific ones i will add as development comes along:

1. Massclaims (Large numbers of players revealing their roles at once) is highly unadvised. Such claims will likely not help. It more so reduces chances of win for your faction.
2. Flavorclaiming will not save you and is also discouraged because meta.
3. All Player to Host communication regarding questions about the game, actions, etc should be done through Private Messaging.
4. Don't copy/paste information given by a Host. This is similar to role claiming.
5. Keep game-sensitive details inside the game.
6. Do Not edit or delete posts.
7. Death will grant you one spoilered "bluh" post, which may not contain game-relevant information.
8. Faking day activations is strictly forbidden and punishable by Host kill.
9. Refrain from ciphering or concealing posts. This includes writing in the same color as the background.
10. Please, this is a game. Take it easy, play to have fun, but play to win! We all want to have fun. Remember that.
11. Guarantees: This setup involves no cults, jesters, obliterators, BTSC spying, mod bastardry, alignment-changing, or game-ending third party win conditions.
12. If you are ever feeling overly flustered, frustrated, upset, etc. It is recommended that you close the window and take a break. (Ex. take a shower. get some water. get some fresh air) It's no fun to anyone when tensions are high and people get generally upset and end up making the wrong decision.

But to start off, i would love to get a co host and start working out the kinks and generating what should be in this game
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Parallel Universe Mafia

Post by sprityo »

:scared: I forgot i made this and i dont remember what it was about
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Was everyone going to have an alternate universe double in this game? Sort of like a quasi Hydra element?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

sprityo wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:19 pm :scared: I forgot i made this and i dont remember what it was about
Reading this post after the first one is the biggest moment of disappointment in the history of the Syndicate.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

maybe im in the parallel universe that isnt hosting the game :scared:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sprityo wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 am maybe im in the parallel universe that isnt hosting the game :scared:
Well, you said in the game's description that you can move between universes, so maybe do that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I am from the other universe, and this game was an absolute shitshow that nearly destroyed the space time continuum
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm I am from the other universe, and this game was an absolute shitshow that nearly destroyed the space time continuum
You're just mad that other-I won.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:53 pm I am from the other universe, and this game was an absolute shitshow that nearly destroyed the space time continuum
Now I want to play it even more.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

realistically theres been too much thread shenanigans bullshit lately so if i even wanted to make something new based off the vague concepts i put here i would want to wait awhile
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

I know this thread is old but I've been working on a similar project to this. I called it "Bi-Universe".

So here is the gist of how it would work. (Player list: 34 players)

Bi-Universe are two mafia games played simultaneously where members of both mafia teams know each other's identities and roles, and members of the town are unaware of identities but know the roles that are present in both universes, just not which ones are in a specific universe. Player list for each game will be randomized from the sign ups list. Alignment and Roles will also be assigned randomly. This means that a full list of all roles present in both games will be listed in both OPs.

Why is this important? Because members of one universe can trade roles with members of the other unless they are dead.

Universe 1 Mafia can send two messages to Universe 2 Mafia per night through the host and vice versa.

Town obviously cannot communicate with any member but four members (randomly selected by the host) may initiate a trade of roles with four members from the other universe through the host. These trades happen automatically and no one can refuse the trade.

If Town attempts to trade with mafia, it will fail (meaning, it’s a red check).
If the mafia attempts to trade with town or mafia from the other universe, it will be successful.
Trades count as visits.

Town win when they have eliminated all threats from both universes.
Mafia wins when they reach parity with Town in both universes.
Otherwise the game will be considered a draw.

Post limits are in place. A maximum of 200 posts per player will be imposed in both games which will never be lifted.

No player is required to follow the other game to play theirs but it is recommended.

Trades stop the moment one of the two universes complete their game, leaving the other universe locked in with the roles they already have.

The game is considered role madness and due to the nature of the trade system, it is considered bastard.

Mafia alignments Cannot Multitask (except for trading).
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.

Return to “The Basement”