Majora's Mask [Sign-Ups]

Moderator: Community Team

Is Termina Worth Saving?

We're going to greet the morning, together. (Yes)
68%
Why could a...? A man join? Cause man is a, animal too. (Maybe)
11%
I'll be the good guy, and you be the bad guy, and when you're the bad guy, you just run. (No)
19%
I... I shall consume. Consume... consume everything... (Host)
3%

Total votes: 37
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 6

Majora's Mask [Sign-Ups]

Post by Soneji »

The Legend of Zelda : Majora's Mask has been my favorite work of art since I played it and it has yet to be dethroned. A game with such a darkness on the outside but beauty on the inside, once you peel back its layers. What I am attempting with this game is to try and recreate the magic of Majora's Mask in the form of a mafia game as best I can. I have always considered myself more of a translator then a creator as a host and this is my Rosetta Stone. A host is only half of what makes a game though, it is on you as players to peel back the layers of this game, to see under the mask.

Some things of note:
  • This will be a cross-site game. I will be inviting a select few members from Narutoforums to play in this game, including Marco and DDL who have played here before.
  • For those of you here who have played on NF or heard about the power scale there, this game is not as high powered as most NF role madness games. Most roles will be fairly simple to handle.
  • This will be a closed set-up game.
  • Phases will generally be 48/24. Night posting will not be allowed.
  • Roles will be revealed upon death unless an ability prevents it.
  • This game will be using Quicktopic for any BTSC.
  • Votes will be changeable.
  • Even if this game fills up fast, it will not be starting until late March/early April to allow for people to finish school stuff and for me to lose my soul to Breath of the Wild. If you have a preference between late March/early April let me know when you sign up.

Player List

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Re: Majora's Mask [Sign-Ups]

Post by DrWilgy »

I've met with a terrible fate, haven't I?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

After playing Phenom which is a closed setting full of role claims, a relatively new phenomena for this site, and role's I've never heard of I would sign up for this in a minute if I weren't modding it. So I'm voting no but it's not because I wouldn't want to play it. I urge you to sign up - Phenom is a blast and this seems to be set up the same way.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DrWilgy »

I died too early in Phenon -__-
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't know what my schedule will look like for the time being, so I have to stick myself in the maybe pile. I urge everyone to get into the game though. Soneji's an experienced host at NF and I am sure this will be an interesting ride.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 3

Post by S~V~S »

Yes. In.

And timewise whatever works for you, Soneji.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Quicktopic?

Changeable Votes?

CLOSED SETUP?!

I might consider switching from maybe to Yes more than i had though :D
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oohboy

I've enjoyed Phenon a ton and I'm craving more games like it. In.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Golden »

I really want to play this, but I've had trouble keeping up with games at the moment, so I think I need to be realistic and take a break.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Gonna say the same thing I'm saying to all other hosts. If this happens between 22th March and 22th April, the answer is no. Otherwise, yes.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Gonna say the same thing I'm saying to all other hosts. If this happens between 22th March and 22th April, the answer is no. Otherwise, yes.
So exactly the timeframe I put for this game. :fist:

I personally don't have an issue with starting it late April but with how the scheduling system works here, I don't want to step on the toes of anyone else looking to host. If it doesn't impose on anyone, I'd prefer to have DDL be able to play, to give Golden a proper break, etc. A game is made by the players as much if not more than the host and having the very best for this game is key.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by speedchuck »

If it's on this site, I'm in.

It has everything I want. Closed setup, role madness, quicktopic, the best zelda narrative, and nutella. :3
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

:faint:

my astoundingly good luck in phenon has done wonders for my ego :rolleyes: i'm not really that good at mafia you guys :blush:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Quin »

I think I'm going to self-impose a rule that I'm going to avoid playing games which have a theme I'm not familiar with, just because I find myself playing so many games at once that my motivation dwindles quickly.

Luckily, this is not one of those games. Sign me up.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Soneji wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Gonna say the same thing I'm saying to all other hosts. If this happens between 22th March and 22th April, the answer is no. Otherwise, yes.

I personally don't have an issue with starting it late April but with how the scheduling system works here, I don't want to step on the toes of anyone else looking to host. If it doesn't impose on anyone, I'd prefer to have DDL be able to play, to give Golden a proper break, etc. A game is made by the players as much if not more than the host and having the very best for this game is key.
Well, your choice. I don't want people to have to wait forever just because of me. But I'd love to play this game. It's my favorite Zelda.

But that is going to be an extremely critical period in my life and I can't afford to have a secondary obligation (reading game posts and stuff).
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Soneji wrote:

Well, your choice. I don't want people to have to wait forever just because of me. But I'd love to play this game. It's my favorite Zelda.

But that is going to be an extremely critical period in my life and I can't afford to have a secondary obligation (reading game posts and stuff).
It seems a number of people are getting over their own burnout/have some life obligations they need to take care of. I looked back on the PM and it said this queue will take place over a six month period max. Poll ended late November, so a late April start would be within the realms of possibility. Will have to ask the staff on this.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Soneji wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Soneji wrote:

It seems a number of people are getting over their own burnout/have some life obligations they need to take care of. I looked back on the PM and it said this queue will take place over a six month period max. Poll ended late November, so a late April start would be within the realms of possibility. Will have to ask the staff on this.
This could be a possibility for sure. It'd be ideal for you to be able to host at your most preferred time (late April). We would just need to figure out how to keep members engaged and fill the Job demand gap until then, at least for folks still wanting to play after Phenon and GoC '16 and such.

I'll discuss with the other admins and see what we come up with.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

The game is going to be played here, right?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote:The game is going to be played here, right?
Yep.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

speedchuck wrote:The game is going to be played here, right?
It is. Only those invited by PM on NF might be playing, waiting on responses from them.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Cool. Looking forward to it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

speedchuck wrote:Cool. Looking forward to it.
Mhmm, I look forward to playing a game with you Speedchuckles, my friend :bighug: Unlikely to be this game though...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Glorfindel wrote:
Mhmm, I look forward to playing a game with you Speedchuckles, my friend :bighug: Unlikely to be this game though...
Well, Glorfy, it's not the only one I've signed up for. :grin:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

speedchuck wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Well, Glorfy, it's not the only one I've signed up for. :grin:
Oh? :ponder:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm signed up for survivor as well.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

speedchuck wrote:I'm signed up for survivor as well.
Ahhh, OK... Well, like I said, it might be a while but I'll catch up with you at some stage :nicenod:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm a maybe/unlikely for now, as much as I love this Zelda game.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Nachomamma8
The Mark

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm in!
Don't care when it starts, although if you're opting with the late April option I wouldn't mind if there was a job that happened between now and then.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Signing up! Love me some N64 Zelda.

PS are new game voting threads still a thing? Feel like this game was first proposed ~6 months ago.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote:PS are new game voting threads still a thing? Feel like this game was first proposed ~6 months ago.
Yes, we'll be voting for the next slew of Job-category games some time in the near future. Progress can be gradual since these are the largest and longest games. Both sign-ups and the games themselves can take a while to complete.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

lovedelic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lovedelic »

In! looking forward to it
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good to see you around, lovedelic!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

My heart says yes, but my planner says Sig your a dumbass don't sign up for anything this time consuming. :P

I'll put myself down as a maybe and see how I'm doing school wise when we get closer.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Switching to /in!!!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

:cloud9: :omg:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 2
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Oh wow Dyslexicon is playing! So cool!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'm officially in for this now. Can't miss a Soneji game or a Majora's Mask (my favorite Zelda) themed game.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

If this doesn't fill in a weeks time, I suggest some advertising and A mass PM to request for players

Don't want to have this waiting for too long :p
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sprityo wrote:If this doesn't fill in a weeks time, I suggest some advertising and A mass PM to request for players

Don't want to have this waiting for too long :p
Soneji isn't starting this game until late April, pretty sure. Hence why the crossover game will be happening to "fill the gap", so to speak.

So I don't think he's in any rush to get the game filled.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'll play.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

All right, if Llama's in, then I'm in.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to have to drop to a "no" on this one, unfortunately. April is a bad month for me, and I really need a break from Mafia in general. I'll probably take a few months off (but I'll stick around the site) to try to rekindle my passion.

There are still 10 slots waiting to be filled here, folks. Let's ensure that it's ready to go when Soneji's ready to go. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm going to have to drop to a "no" on this one, unfortunately. April is a bad month for me, and I really need a break from Mafia in general. I'll probably take a few months off (but I'll stick around the site) to try to rekindle my passion.

There are still 10 slots waiting to be filled here, folks. Let's ensure that it's ready to go when Soneji's ready to go. :grin:
1. Why is April a bad month for you?

2. Take that break. I was absent for a good chunk of 2016, that's how it goes sometimes. You work hard in Mafia and I think you, more than anyone else, have earned a vacation. Noty like my lazuy-ass style of play. :srsnod:

3. What passion is it you speak of?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

yeah, I'll play.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Can I sign up twice?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

9 more lets go
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I may well still sign up for this... but I can't say yes yet.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm going to have to drop to a "no" on this one, unfortunately. April is a bad month for me, and I really need a break from Mafia in general. I'll probably take a few months off (but I'll stick around the site) to try to rekindle my passion.

1. Why is April a bad month for you?

2. Take that break. I was absent for a good chunk of 2016, that's how it goes sometimes. You work hard in Mafia and I think you, more than anyone else, have earned a vacation. Noty like my lazuy-ass style of play. :srsnod:

3. What passion is it you speak of?
1. I'm on trips and dealing with final doctoral program decisions.

2. You're not lazy. I am just keen to try way too hard. :nicenod:

3. Mafia is very sexual for me. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And just like that, Jay became lynchable.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yes, punish me I'm a bad boy. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”