Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Sign Ups]

Moderator: Community Team

Will you join my ragtag group of heroes even though you may be killed by a critical hit?

Yes! Permadeath doesn't scare me!
81%
No. I'm a sissy who restarts when I lose a character.
16%
I'm a savescumming hacker mod.
3%

Total votes: 31
Kenway
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Fire Emblem Draft Mafia [Sign Ups]

Post by Kenway »

Hello there. Please be kind for I am bad with Mafia.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 9

Post by speedchuck »

Sweet! Hello new guy!

Some players can be pretty post-crazy, but we have some low posters, newbies, and kids that get along just fine and make good impacts on the game. We won't hurt you. :P Happy to have you here!
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 70

Post by dunya »

[mention]Kenway[/mention] is our dear friend from RYM so he's no stranger to our crazy high posting habits. :ohyeah:

Hey Kenway! :lorab: Our last game together was Loneliness & Cheese. I promise never to do that to you again. :hug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

If any of you folks are interested in hopping in a game that could start sooner than this one, Fiddler on the Roof just needs one more spot to be filled.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm If any of you folks are interested in hopping in a game that could start sooner than this one, Fiddler on the Roof just needs one more spot to be filled.
I would, but I'm not crazy like you and Jay. :nicenod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:01 pm If any of you folks are interested in hopping in a game that could start sooner than this one, Fiddler on the Roof just needs one more spot to be filled.
also, get off the fun side of the internet and go do your uni stuff, Sloonei! :disappoint:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm
also, get off the fun side of the internet and go do your uni stuff, Sloonei! :disappoint:
Football is already distracting me for another minute! I can spare my attention for two seconds, mom!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Aw, come onnnn
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 pm
Aw, come onnnn
only if I impose a 5-posts per day restriction on my self and don't get mislynched because of it. deal?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm
Football is already distracting me for another minute! I can spare my attention for two seconds, mom!
Okay I'm done, MOM! the schools are all gonna accept me now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm also, get off the fun side of the internet and go do your uni stuff, Sloonei! :disappoint:
mom is proud. :workit: well done! with several hours to spare before deadline too; you've come a long way since last week. :p
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:27 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:14 pm
Aw, come onnnn
only if I impose a 5-posts per day restriction on my self and don't get mislynched because of it. deal?
ok. but they must collectively exceed a total word count of 300 words
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:36 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:05 pm also, get off the fun side of the internet and go do your uni stuff, Sloonei! :disappoint:
mom is proud. :workit: well done! with several hours to spare before deadline too; you've come a long way since last week. :p
My schedule since 2018 began has been: wake up, work on applications, go to work, play mafia, work on applications, sleep, wake up, work on applications...

i'm a bit mentally fatigued.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy shit, [mention]Kenway[/mention] is here?! Amazing! :yay:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:36 pm
My schedule since 2018 began has been: wake up, work on applications, go to work, play mafia, work on applications, sleep, wake up, work on applications...

i'm a bit mentally fatigued.
Dude, I feel you. Grad school applications are draining. You got this though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I still have other programs to apply to, but the two applications I've got done this week are for my top choices, and their deadlines are the most immediate. Plus I've now got the blueprint of all future applications laid out for me to draw from, so there should be significantly less work involved. It feels good and I'm borderline confident in my chances of acceptance. It's a tremendously relief to be done with this stage of the process, at least. Thanks for the encouragement, dudes. :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm I still have other programs to apply to, but the two applications I've got done this week are for my top choices, and their deadlines are the most immediate. Plus I've now got the blueprint of all future applications laid out for me to draw from, so there should be significantly less work involved. It feels good and I'm borderline confident in my chances of acceptance. It's a tremendously relief to be done with this stage of the process, at least. Thanks for the encouragement, dudes. :beer:
:beer:

Really the whole process is draining, but you have the right attitude. It took me significantly longer than I thought it should have when I was readying those myself a few years back, as well as assistant professor job applications over the holidays a couple weeks ago. Doesn't help that universities all want pretty much the same general information but in as many different and confusing ways as possible.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also just want to emphasize that I am incredibly happy to see all of these RYMers and HCRealms folks and just the general excitement surrounding this game and others at the moment. You all are awesome.

I would love to play myself, but... yeah, really shouldn't, unfortunately. I hope you all have fun with this though; I'm sure you will because the setup sounds really cool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm I still have other programs to apply to, but the two applications I've got done this week are for my top choices, and their deadlines are the most immediate. Plus I've now got the blueprint of all future applications laid out for me to draw from, so there should be significantly less work involved. It feels good and I'm borderline confident in my chances of acceptance. It's a tremendously relief to be done with this stage of the process, at least. Thanks for the encouragement, dudes. :beer:

Really the whole process is draining, but you have the right attitude. It took me significantly longer than I thought it should have when I was readying those myself a few years back, as well as assistant professor job applications over the holidays a couple weeks ago. Doesn't help that universities all want pretty much the same general information but in as many different and confusing ways as possible.
Yeah. Securing letters of recommendation was an unbelievable headache at first. It's a good thing I started that process months in advance, or I'd probably be dead from stress right now. Then writing the statements of intent proved to be one of the most challenging (but fulfilling) experiences of my life. I figured I could be done with them in a couple of days each, but no. The process of writing a draft only took about an hour each time, but I wrote about 15 drafts for both applications before I finally felt satisfied with what I had to say. That's been my primary headache this week. There was also a brief technical scare when I couldn't log into my account on the school's website two days ago. :faint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:04 pm
MovingPictures07 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Yeah. Securing letters of recommendation was an unbelievable headache at first. It's a good thing I started that process months in advance, or I'd probably be dead from stress right now. Then writing the statements of intent proved to be one of the most challenging (but fulfilling) experiences of my life. I figured I could be done with them in a couple of days each, but no. The process of writing a draft only took about an hour each time, but I wrote about 15 drafts for both applications before I finally felt satisfied with what I had to say. That's been my primary headache this week. There was also a brief technical scare when I couldn't log into my account on the school's website two days ago. :faint:
Man, I feel you. I proposed my dissertation on Nov. 3 and submitted my applications right after X-mas, so the whole application process this time around took me almost two months, and I consider myself lucky to have wrapped all of that up so "quickly". Academia. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]TheFloyd73[/mention] and [mention]motel room[/mention] should get in on this action too.
I mean the game, not my school applications. Which have both officially been submitted now, by the way. :phew:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i would like to get in on your school applications
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can you write me a recommendation, kyle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:37 am TheFloyd73 and motel room should get in on this action too.
I mean the game, not my school applications. Which have both officially been submitted now, by the way. :phew:
yea, I asked [mention]motel room[/mention] already, he says hi to all and asked me to give you all hell, but can't play right now due to time constraints.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:31 pm don't forget to vote in the poll if you're playing, @Iron_Dwarf
oh you did vote, but you voted "no" so you won't be playing. :p You have to vote the first option to be /in.
That was not my intention, so I changed my vote! :omg:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 am Can you write me a recommendation, kyle?
Sloonei has a terrible obsessive grudge-holding side, he stalked me for several days before he was finally able to string me up. He also talks a lot.

(Seriously though congrats on the applications)
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:12 am Can you write me a recommendation, kyle?
Dear School,

Sloonei is good at mafia so he is probably also good at OTHER things? Maybe some of them are academic. You should put him in your school.

Love,
Kyle
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hey, I’m /in, sorry it took me a while but I got pretty sick this weekend. I haven’t played Mafia in like, a million years and never anything like this game, so I’m excited.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Welcome to the syndicate, cool guy!
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I was in the same boat, [mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]. Hadn't played since 2014 when I played again here last October.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I can modify the setup if we go over the 21 planned roles I have. Not sure how many lost mafia players Dunya is planning on bringing in.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:31 pm I can modify the setup if we go over the 21 planned roles I have. Not sure how many lost mafia players Dunya is planning on bringing in.
How many do you want? :slick:

no seriously, I cooled off on recruitment until Jay completes his current game. :hugs:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 am
Sloonei has a terrible obsessive grudge-holding side, he stalked me for several days before he was finally able to string me up. He also talks a lot.

I'm going to be too scared to suspect you ever again. I seriously can't remember the last time I was that wrong about a civilian.

also thanks!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm Hey, I’m /in, sorry it took me a while but I got pretty sick this weekend. I haven’t played Mafia in like, a million years and never anything like this game, so I’m excited.
my god, has it really been a million years already?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm going to be too scared to suspect you ever again. I seriously can't remember the last time I was that wrong about a civilian.

also thanks!
That's the reason [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] kept going on about not being able to read me. I'm not sure if that says more about y'all, or me...
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m overloading myself with mafia. Seriously. But I’ll definitely play this.
gwilikers6
The Mark

Post by gwilikers6 »

I completely forgot about this. Good to see we haven’t started yet.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

colonialbob wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

also thanks!
That's the reason Jackofhearts2005 kept going on about not being able to read me. I'm not sure if that says more about y'all, or me...
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: You're not Nightblue
TheMod wrote:
colonialbob has left the game!
He was Nightblue
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lamplighter will never forget his poor fallen friend Nightblue and how he failed to save him. :(
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]MovingPictures07[/mention], you're the only sissy here. :o
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

dunya wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:35 pm MovingPictures07, you're the only sissy here. :o
:sigh:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

is this game already full? XD
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

hey wait this game won't start until after MK ends right? or would they run in parallel?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

please don't run it yet. if you don't, I can actually have a life for a while and recruit more people for you!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

THIS will be my last game whenever it starts for a few months at least though. I won't even login so I won't be tempted by an Epignosis game or feel the need to replace when a mod is under stress of no shows. But this RYM reunion shall occur and it shall be a sweet temporary-retirement party.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:30 am hey wait this game won't start until after MK ends right? or would they run in parallel?
Jobs only run one at a time. If by some chance it does early than expected I won't be here until the 8th.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah this will start as soon as MK ends.

I've got a Realms game, a Naruto game and the current job plus a lot of players are in Fiddker, too.

Plus it's like the law or something.
Iron_Dwarf
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Iron_Dwarf »

So what is the approximate ETA that this game starts?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Iron_Dwarf wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am So what is the approximate ETA that this game starts?
Id say in 10 days or so, after current Mortal Kombat game is over.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the need a replacement in Mortal Kombat, if you're interested, Iron_Dwarf :nicenod:

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”