Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, the town vig killed Dizzy (n2) and Golden (n4). Not sure why. I presume it was Wilgy, and I had a feeling it was from the moment Dizzy died, but I went back and forth on it. I figured zebra wasn't obvious enough to kill Dizzy since she was the only one suspecting him at that point, and I knew that'd be something Golden, MM, and others wouldn't do, and that Wilgy would.

I doubted myself too much though, and I tried pushing zebra over Wilgy yesterday for that reason, thinking maybe she was the town vig. I was happy to get her lynched, but I was hoping for a vig flip. It worked out though.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Effort is never indicative of alignment. If Ika is tunneling he either is a PR w results or its his scum team mate. He will also do it to me if I'm scum in a game and he catches me. Just an FYI no matter hi well you know someone, you should never rely solely on meta alone to read them. Good job scum team and congratulations on the win. Whoever the vig is, should hide their head in shame.
I don't agree with this; it can be. Mafia have to fabricate literally all of their content. It was difficult for me to do that, some of you didn't make it easy.

But it never is indicative with some players, including me.
but tats the thing, how golden was reading you was bassed on your effort and contents IMO. what silver is saying here is that usign that to abirtarly read someone will lead you to misread people
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote:I really enjoyed the game, and I hope to play with you all again sometime. :cloud9: :omg:
You were awesome to host, Dizzy. I really hope we can play in a game together at some point.

The same goes for all of the newcomers who stopped by to get a little practice with us. I really appreciate everyone's participation, and I wish all the champions the best of luck in the tournament. I hope this scrimmage will prove at least a little useful as preparation, despite the differences with the games on MU.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:This was definitely the best game I've ever seen MP play. Silverwolf displayed her intuitive strengths again on Day 1 and put MP under serious pressure, but he evaded that and ended up controlling the game wire-to-wire. Bravo, sir.
I feel like I finally came into my own this game. It was really difficult, but I finally played a game where I felt like I largely avoided major missteps as mafia, and could more faithfully replicate my town meta than usual.

I definitely am very proud of this win. It may be the sweetest one I've ever had.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

I passed out last night for 13 hours, that is why I never showed up again. Congrats to the winners. MP cared way too much about winning a simple practice game :omg:

At least I got sig right.

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

oh zebra, i was also sencere about PMing post game to talk between me/you/silver if your still up for it
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Special thanks as well to Epignosis, Matt, and Scotty for stepping up as replacements when this game was moving at a furious pace.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:This was definitely the best game I've ever seen MP play. Silverwolf displayed her intuitive strengths again on Day 1 and put MP under serious pressure, but he evaded that and ended up controlling the game wire-to-wire. Bravo, sir.
Yeah, I'm very impressed. I was ready to drop all my suspicion after he came in and posted a hundred posts with the right amount of buddying. Also I think he's the kind of player you always want to be town, which works very well when you rand mafia. Bravo, indeed. And bravo to the whole scum team. :clap:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:That "MP has reads on all his null-ISOs" from IAWY makes so much sense now. Oh hindsight.

:beer:
Yeah. :p

Not having day chat was incredibly paralyzing and foreign to me, especially at first. I wanted to tell IAWY and ika many things, lol, and I was especially frustrated by ika only going after his teammates, but the WIFOM worked out I suppose. I didn't feel it wasn't an easy game, despite the fact that there were still 3 of us alive at the end. I kept worrying about every single post I made; I tried my absolute best to make sure I was approaching the game as a townie. It was difficult to avoid confirmation bias, no doubt.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

What? I was vig-killed? XD

I'd like that one explained, please! Now I feel more weird about the game lol. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I feel like I finally came into my own this game. It was really difficult, but I finally played a game where I felt like I largely avoided major missteps as mafia, and could more faithfully replicate my town meta than usual.

I definitely am very proud of this win. It may be the sweetest one I've ever had.
There should be no doubt that you were a deserving part of the conversation for who should represent The Syndicate, and if Golden ever encounters a need for replacement his game slot will be in good hands. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

So was scum chat on Skype or is there a link I can get to it?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:I really enjoyed the game, and I hope to play with you all again sometime. :cloud9: :omg:
You were awesome to host, Dizzy. I really hope we can play in a game together at some point.

The same goes for all of the newcomers who stopped by to get a little practice with us. I really appreciate everyone's participation, and I wish all the champions the best of luck in the tournament. I hope this scrimmage will prove at least a little useful as preparation, despite the differences with the games on MU.
QFT, so much.

I loved getting to know Zexy, Dizzy, Marco, Frog, and Inawordyes. You are a very great group of players, and I'm incredibly appreciative of all of you coming over to play this with us. Hope to play other game(s) with you all. :D

Was nice to play a game with ika, Silver, and Soneji for the first time too. :beer:

And I hope Psi comes back and plays a game for real too; he seemed very nice as well!
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Soneji wrote:So was scum chat on Skype or is there a link I can get to it?
Scum chat was on Chatzy, idk about a link I don't think it saves everything?

Though why don't we use Skype?
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:That "MP has reads on all his null-ISOs" from IAWY makes so much sense now. Oh hindsight.

Not having day chat was incredibly paralyzing and foreign to me, especially at first. I wanted to tell IAWY and ika many things, lol, and I was especially frustrated by ika only going after his teammates, but the WIFOM worked out I suppose. I didn't feel it wasn't an easy game, despite the fact that there were still 3 of us alive at the end. I kept worrying about every single post I made; I tried my absolute best to make sure I was approaching the game as a townie. It was difficult to avoid confirmation bias, no doubt.
if you tried to tell me what to do i would of 100% ignored you. my scum play is complied of trying to forget my allies or bussing them to oblivion. i set an agenda to play as scum and will commonly ignore my buddies stuff to lack an awarenss or set up everything i need to do
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Soneji wrote:So was scum chat on Skype or is there a link I can get to it?
They used a chatzy. I may share a link soon once I've spoken with the team. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

There should be no doubt that you were a deserving part of the conversation for who should represent The Syndicate, and if Golden ever encounters a need for replacement his game slot will be in good hands. :beer:
Much appreciated, Jay. :beer:

Thanks for hosting this game. It was a fantastic idea, and it served as my own little Championships game. Yes, Soneji, I did care probably way too much, but it was worth it. :p
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Effort is never indicative of alignment. If Ika is tunneling he either is a PR w results or its his scum team mate. He will also do it to me if I'm scum in a game and he catches me. Just an FYI no matter hi well you know someone, you should never rely solely on meta alone to read them. Good job scum team and congratulations on the win. Whoever the vig is, should hide their head in shame.
I don't agree with this; it can be. Mafia have to fabricate literally all of their content. It was difficult for me to do that, some of you didn't make it easy.

I've learned through 2 years and numerous games, that tow reading someone off effort, is never a good idea. I do think you did a great job. Don't get me wrong. Sig and ika did too. This is just a lesson for future games.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

if you tried to tell me what to do i would of 100% ignored you. my scum play is complied of trying to forget my allies or bussing them to oblivion. i set an agenda to play as scum and will commonly ignore my buddies stuff to lack an awarenss or set up everything i need to do
I don't tell people how to play. I don't like people telling me how to play; furthermore, I think it's inappropriate. Trying to strategize is one thing, but trying to tell someone else how to play is another.

Nonetheless, it was difficult for me to navigate everything you and the rest of the team were doing without a day chat, especially since I'm very accustomed to it, but in the end it worked out great, obviously. It was great to get to play with you and get knowledge of your mafia game firsthand, and thanks for being a part of the team. :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

And hey, a message to the town vigilante:

Hold your head high. You're the one who had to pull the trigger, so don't mind any criticism. Shit happens, it's Mafia. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You should all assume I am town when I give a significant effort. :shifty:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I've learned through 2 years and numerous games, that tow reading someone off effort, is never a good idea. I do think you did a great job. Don't get me wrong. Sig and ika did too. This is just a lesson for future games.
I don't disagree at all; it shouldn't be the sole reason for reading anyone as town. It can be one of many indicators to consider though, I'd say, but it definitely depends on the person. Either way, I agree that it shouldn't be given primary or even heavy consideration, especially without considering the possibility of that player scum supatowning like I was.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm going to need a playing break again after this one. :p It was exhausting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:And hey, a message to the town vigilante:

Hold your head high. You're the one who had to pull the trigger, so don't mind any criticism. Shit happens, it's Mafia. :beer:
Yes, this. I've pulled many gambits before and most of them have failed spectacularly. I even faked a red cop peek as VT before on the actual cop, got myself lynched and him NKed right before he could solve the game by POE.

I also agree with sig that pulling the trigger on Golden was a huge risk that could have potentially paid off HUGE. I was secretly afraid that the vig was going to shoot me, even though I thought it was probably unlikely.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All actions:

DAY 1
Frog lynched

NIGHT 1
ika night kills Silverwolf
MovingPictures07 vigilante kills Long Con/Epignosis
Golden jails Marco

DAY 2
Inawordyes lynched

NIGHT 2
ika night kills Zexy
Metalmarsh89 vigilante kills Dyslexicon
Golden jails MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 role cops Metalmarsh89 (failed)

Day 3
Sloonei/Matt lynched

Night 3
MovingPictures07 night kills Marco

Day 4
a2thezebra lynched

Night 4
Golden jails MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 protects sig (failed)
ika night kills Soneji
Metalmarsh89 vigilante kills Golden

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

One other thing I wanted to mention is that town needs town blocs to beat out scum. This means I always town hunt. If I can find them and PoE out the scum, then town has a chance. The hard part is when town doesn't post much because I will try to lynch low content posters starting D2 usually.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, shameless self-promotion, but if any of you all are wanting to play another Matrix game here, I've developed my own Matrix (and had JJJ help me with balancing it meticulously) and will be hosting a series of games over a long period of time with it.

The first game in the series is a 15-player 48/24 cycle semi-open Matrix8 setup themed off of Futurama and it's currently in sign-ups in anticipation of this game ending. Also, the game will be utilizing sockpuppet accounts and encourages tons of roleplaying, so all of you will be controlling a second account I give you based on your character, so your fellow players won't even know you're playing. :feb:

Some of you may have seen it already, but I wanted to make sure to mention it especially for our newer folks, but for all of your benefit.

If you want to play, please follow the thread instructions, and I'd be more than glad to have you. It should be a blast. :D
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, so MM was the vig? Nicely done, I couldn't hunt you down, MM, because you concealed your identity through your choice of kills. Shame you had such bad hits though. I'd be interested in hearing your thought process.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Also sorry MM if I was harsh on the vig. It is not easy to make that call. I usually go for lurkers if I can't find a truly scummy player but that's me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:ika's emotion seems sincere to me. I'm switching back.

VOTE DRWILGY

Term paper time. Be back later. Then I guess I'll revisit my IAWY interaction analyses and try performing some arbitrary paired analysis of the five of you? Not sure what else to do at this stage.
We could probably talk about how awful our town vig has been.

Two kills between Zexy, Dyslexicon, Golden, and Soneji is just awful.
Oh man, MM. :haha:

Don't sweat it. It's still not as bad as some of my games. Lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll also say that I don't think this original Matrix12 is balanced very well (at least not setup F as we played in). A 13 vs. 4 ratio is already difficult to work with, and giving the mafia team an extra kill on top of that is too much. Town had a decent arsenal of powers to combat that, but not enough. Thankfully they've tweaked the matrix at MU and it ought to be a bit better now that the tournament games have started.

That's not to take anything away from this mafia team, who clearly deserved to win.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I don't tell people how to play. I don't like people telling me how to play; furthermore, I think it's inappropriate. Trying to strategize is one thing, but trying to tell someone else how to play is another.

Nonetheless, it was difficult for me to navigate everything you and the rest of the team were doing without a day chat, especially since I'm very accustomed to it, but in the end it worked out great, obviously. It was great to get to play with you and get knowledge of your mafia game firsthand, and thanks for being a part of the team. :beer:
i only set up what people should potentially be doing, i mean last night you could see me literally saying what to do in the situation fo all of us in the JKer situation

ive dont both with and without day so it worked fine for me

this is probally (as silver said) one of my last game i will be doing for some time unles hydras become a thing. its too taxting one me. ill finsih anything signed/playing but other then that i will be not doing as much. have other RL obligations and setups stuff
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:Also sorry MM if I was harsh on the vig. It is not easy to make that call. I usually go for lurkers if I can't find a truly scummy player but that's me.
Yeah, being the vig isn't easy for sure.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Also sorry MM if I was harsh on the vig. It is not easy to make that call. I usually go for lurkers if I can't find a truly scummy player but that's me.
Yeah, being the vig isn't easy for sure.
i lvoe vig, i get to shoot ppl and ignore everybody else
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'll also say that I don't think this original Matrix12 is balanced very well (at least not setup F as we played in). A 13 vs. 4 ratio is already difficult to work with, and giving the mafia team an extra kill on top of that is too much. Town had a decent arsenal of powers to combat that, but not enough. Thankfully they've tweaked the matrix at MU and it ought to be a bit better now that the tournament games have started.

That's not to take anything away from this mafia team, who clearly deserved to win.
I'm with you there; the extra kill right off the bat really helped us narrow down the numbers early, and it helped specifically because it was Epi. :D

But yeah, I still worked my sock ass for this win. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I used to have winners' banners in my sig along with all my host ones, but I removed them once I realized I'd be focusing much more on hosting and admin stuff rather than playing.

I have to make an exception for this one though. Thanks again for the game, Jay. It was so much fun and served as a very welcome distraction for me amid these last couple weeks of the semester, although I'm sure I'll be hating life hereafter. :p I'm just glad the game ended now, actually, I wasn't looking forward to finding time today and tomorrow, at a minimum.

You all were a really great group of players too. This was an awesome game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mafia team chatzy

The earliest stuff may no longer be visible. If you're a participant in the tournament, expect a private thread rather than a chat room.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This is going to sound insane, but I kept trying to set myself up as much as possible for specific F3 situations, and was secretly hoping the game would progress to that point even if it meant we could have won otherwise with more players left alive. My ideal F3 situation was with Golden and MM, or Golden with Soneji. I just thought it'd be fun to be in that situation. :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My biggest regret is that I couldn't play in the game myself. I hated watching the competitive energy and ego of this game without the ability to insert my JJJ ass right into the madness. :dark:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My biggest regret is that I couldn't play in the game myself. I hated watching the competitive energy and ego of this game without the ability to insert my JJJ ass right into the madness. :dark:
That would have been truly awesome.

You and I need to be mafia teammates one day. :dark:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:You and I need to be mafia teammates one day. :dark:
We'd ISO one another's ISOs and the ensuing ISOception would implode the universe. :eek:

or just make one of us die at our laptops

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:You and I need to be mafia teammates one day. :dark:
We'd ISO one another's ISOs and the ensuing ISOception would implode the universe. :eek:

or just make one of us die at our laptops
Too true. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I realize though that this game means I'm probably going to get policy lynched forever and never trusted again, so maybe I'll slink away from playing for long enough that people forget about it...
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

Soo... should we have sent MP instead? :p

Interesting. I had a vibe, watching from afar, that MP busting his ISOs is disingenuous, but I didn't really spectate this very much.

Also, lol, ika literally does what he claims all the time he'd do as scum (kill Silverwolf on N1) and nobody gives a shit. And he survives the game. And wins.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:My biggest regret is that I couldn't play in the game myself. I hated watching the competitive energy and ego of this game without the ability to insert my JJJ ass right into the madness. :dark:
if MP allows i can host the new setup as a special game and you cna play
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

and heres the pm i sent JJJ/dom when zebra asked me about my question (i was at work too)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hi Silverwolf,

I've spoken privately with ika a little bit, and he requested that I forward a message to you since he is still alive in the game. I've included you both as recipients. I don't object at all if you want to discuss this outside the game, it shouldn't hurt anything in there. If there is anything Dom or I can do to help you both, or anyone else on the site staff, don't hesitate to let me know. The message is attached below.

I hope all is well. :)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: sigh.......
Date: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:47 pm
To: Dom, JaggedJimmyJay
ika wrote: ok i know its been asked an i have beena voiding the answer about this for the longest tim e cus i dont knwo what to do.

what i want to say is "yes i killed silver"

and no its not for intentions of gamethroiwng (cus yes thats what i would be doing)

its much more personal, i have been feeling guilty all day phase and all night phase, i have eneded up crying seval times about it too. i have no appatie either, i have barely beena ble to eat.

i have intentionly not posted cus i just physicaly cant without doing such thing, i would explain it but i litarly alrady did it once (with vote switch)

i jsut..... i can even bear myself to read the thread out of guilt...

any adivce and if i were to do it what would MP/sig thing (not sure if you gusy know new guy)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:Soo... should we have sent MP instead? :p

Interesting. I had a vibe, watching from afar, that MP busting his ISOs is disingenuous, but I didn't really spectate this very much.

Also, lol, ika literally does what he claims all the time he'd do as scum (kill Silverwolf on N1) and nobody gives a shit. And he survives the game. And wins.
I was wondering how you'd be reading me if you were playing.

Yeah honestly, my initial ika play was because I thought Silverwolf was going to burn him by the end of d1, but obviously everything took a different turn. Especially due to how d1 progressed, I had to ask myself often and pretty much from the getgo if I wanted to bus any of my teammates; if so, which ones, and then how I wanted to do it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

To add to that:

Obviously, I decided to play it three different ways -- hard bus with IAWY, hard bus then appropriate lift off of ika, and then initial confusion eventually leading to town read of sig. I tried to develop them all as organically as possible and continually update my feelings with the tide of the thread. While I obviously had to be away from the thread for extended periods due to RL reasons, it also helped me assess what the thread was saying while I was gone, which inevitably influenced how I approached all three situations. It was difficult to suppress my instinctual urge to bus sig, especially since he tends to bring suspicion upon himself (like me), but I managed it.

With that said, when Golden came to the opposite conclusion re: sig and IAWY as I did a bit over halfway through d4, I was seriously concerned. I'm glad we could still keep the lynch on zebra or Wilgy, because a sig flip might have gotten people seriously questioning me, but I had the "I was just wrong" defense all ready to go as well as my clean IAWY interactions as proof I wasn't bad.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dom »

Thank you all, for the wonderful game! If there was anything I could have done better, please let me know!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and I forgot to say, although it was implied with a previous post: Thanks for the banners as well, Jay. :D

And thanks as well to Dom. You were an incredibly great MoD. :clap:

I admittedly can't wait to see Golden and MM's faces (wish I could IRL), but I better leave for a while to actually, you know, do things not mafia and stop spamming a bunch of thoughts that you all probably don't care about. I just can't express how much of my mind space this game took up; I almost always invest myself in games, but I was beyond extreme investment in this one, and it's so satisfying to be able to call it a win.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For some reason I really want a cookie right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”