Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SCRIMMAGE ROUND FOR SEASON 3 OF THE MAFIA CHAMPIONSHIP

A game for 17 players exactly
The following is taken directly from Thingyman on Mafia Universe:

Link
The host randomizes a letter or a number, deciding which setup is used. I.e. if the host rands C, then the setup will consist of the roles in the C column. The host then adds 2 Mafia Goons to the setup and fills up the rest with Vanilla Townies.

I.e. setup C would give you this:
Spoiler: show
1x Town Doctor
1x Town Tracker
1x Town Vigilante
10x Vanilla Townie

1x Mafia Role Cop
1x Mafia Jailkeeper
2x Mafia Goon
General notes:
  • The mafia's factional kill must be assigned to a single member of their team each night. This means that the mafia's factional kill can be blocked by a Town Jailkeeper or tracked by a Town Tracker.
  • For those wondering, some of the roles in the matrix (Mafia Ninja and 1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof) will indeed only have value for either the row or the column setup in which it is used and not the other. This is not a mistake, it is done on purpose to only boost the mafia side in one of the two setups.
Notable restrictions/clarifications:
  • The Mafia Ninja may not perform the factional kill on consecutive nights.
  • The Bulletproof roles are passively protected from the first shot fired at them during night. They will not be informed if they lose their vest.
  • None of the included roles can self-target, including the protective roles.
  • Doctors, Jailkeepers and Roleblockers are not allowed to target the same players on consecutive nights.
  • The Innocent Child may choose himself when he wishes to be publicly confirmed in the thread as town.
  • The Even Night Vigilante may only shoot on even nights (i.e. Night 2, Night 4, etc.).
  • The Town Cop gets an automated check on Night 0, i.e. when the game begins he will already know the alignment of one town player (this player can be a power role or a Vanilla Townie, the Cop will not know). The reason that the Town Cop can't potentially check a mafia-aligned player on Night 0 is to prevent an unfortunate situation of a representative being outed as mafia before they've had a chance to showcase their skills.
  • There are no restrictions on info-dumping or roleclaiming.
  • The thread will be locked during night phases.
  • It hasn't been decided yet on Mafia Universe whether the mafia team will be allowed to communicate during the day phase. If they don't decide before this game starts, I will flip a coin to make that decision. The coin has been flipped, and the mafia team will not be allowed to communicate during the day phase. I cannot guarantee this will be the procedure on Mafia Universe.
  • This game will be conducted without a theme, or at least from the perspective of the players and spectators it will have no theme. There will be no "characters" or roleplaying. However, when players are eliminated, they will be revealed as some sort of character -- this has no purpose within the game other than to add flavor for viewers.
Days/Nights and lynch mechanics
  • There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.
  • Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends). This has the potential to change if I am unable to maintain the proper schedule as the host. I will try to hold to it though.
~~~

Differences from what will be seen on Mafia Universe:
  • We'll still use the poll for voting, as usual on The Syndicate games. On Mafia Universe voting is conducted entirely in the thread, and an automated program keeps a tally.
  • The same automated program will likely end day phases immediately when a hammer vote is reached (a majority of >50% the number of living players). On The Syndicate we won't have this. Hammer votes will still apply the same way, but I will have to end the day phase manually. This means that if I am not present at the time a hammer is delivered, there will be some delay before I can finalize the end of the day phase.
Purpose:
I've volunteered to host this game here for one primary reason. A lot of the standards and concepts being employed in this setup are quite foreign to The Syndicate culture. Turnip Head had to adjust on the fly last year to a very different type of game (and he did a great job of that). This time we're trying to give Golden and any other champs representatives from our friendly Mafia neighbors an opportunity to get some exposure to this stuff before being thrown into the fire. I'm mimicking the proposed Matrix12 setup in as many ways as I reasonably can.

ROLE DESCRIPTIONS
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Here's a breakdown in Syndicate language for what all of these roles are. You've likely seen many or all of them before under different names.

Town Jailkeeper - Each night, the jailkeeper targets another player. That player cannot be targeted with any other night actions, and that player cannot use his/her own night action. It's a combination of roleblocker and doctor.

2-Shot Town Jailkeeper - This is the same as a Jailkeeper, except the player is only permitted to use the ability twice instead of every night.

1-Shot Bulletproof Town - This townie is immune to the first attempted night kill on him/her, whether from a Mafia player or a town vigilante.

Town Innocent Child - This player can choose any day phase to be revealed by the moderator as a confirmed townie in the game thread.

Town Cop w/ n0 town check - This is your standard alignment checker. The cop identifies a player every night to learn their alignment (not their role). The n0 check means the cop begins the game with a free check on another townie (in this setup it can be any townie, power role or not).

Town Masons (2) - These are two townies who begin the game knowing each other to be town, and they have BTSC.

Town Bodyguard - Each night the bodyguard selects another player to protect. If that player is targeted with a night kill, the bodyguard dies in his/her place.

Town Tracker - Each night the tracker targets another player. The tracker is told who that player targeted with a night action, if anyone.

Town Even Night Vigilante - Each even-numbered night phase, this player gets to night kill someone.

Vanilla Townie - This is a standard townie with no special abilities.

~~~

Mafia Roleblocker - Each night, this player gets to target another player. That player's role will not function that night.

1-Shot Mafia Vigilante - Just like the town vigilante, but for the mafia side instead. It's essentially one extra night kill.

1-Shot Mafia Role Cop - Each night, this player gets to target another player. He/she will be told what the targeted player's role is.

1-Shot Mafia Bulletproof - Just like the town bulletproof, but for the mafia side instead. This is meant to grant immunity against a town vigilante for one shot.

Mafia Ninja - This player cannot be tracked when attempting a night kill. The tracker will receive an incorrect result upon the attempt, that the ninja targeted nobody.

Mafia Jack of All Trades - This player, in this specific setup, gets three 1-shot abilities. One is a save (doctor's protection to save a team mate from a vigilante shot). Another is a check (role cop check). The last is a shot (vigilante shot).

Mafia Goon - This is a standard mafioso with no special abilities.

~~~

Anyone please let me know if you have any questions.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

VOTING INFORMATION

Voting in this game will be a two-piece operation. You'll place a vote in the game thread (this is a requirement by rule for those Syndicate regulars who may not be accustomed to that). This must be formatted the same way by all players:

In the "Large" font size and in all capital letters, write "VOTE [PLAYER]. For example, a vote for me would look like this: VOTE JAGGEDJIMMYJAY

Please write the FULL USERNAME of the player you wish to vote for. The automated tallier on Mafia Universe might recognize some abbreviations, but not all. So use this game to get accustomed to being thorough about it. In the official games you won't have to write "VOTE" because there will be [v] [/v] code for it. In this game, "VOTE" is replacing that.

In addition to writing your vote into the thread, you'll need to place your vote in the POLL on top of the page. The poll appears on top of every page of the thread. You may change your vote as many times as you want, so don't be afraid to use the poll on that account. If you would like to see the current tally without placing a vote, simply click on the "View Results" button at the bottom of the poll. I understand this poll is a foreign concept to many players new to The Syndicate, so please remember to use it. Votes written in the thread are a requirement because any day phase has the potential to end early if a majority is reached, and I need to be able to tell exactly when that happens. The poll serves as a visible and continuing tally though, serving the same purpose that the automated tallying program on Mafia Universe will serve.

The poll option at the bottom of each poll will be what you currently see: "Hosts/non-players/dead players". This option is for people viewing the game that are not currently participating in it. Living players, please do not vote here. Anyone other than living players, please do not vote elsewhere. This is only meant to allow other people to view the continuing tally without clicking "View Results" constantly.

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to ask me via PM. I would prefer to field all game-related questions via PM, and if the answers are applicable to everyone I will insert them into the game thread myself. This is not a rigid requirement though.

Early lynch

As the rules state, a day phase will end early if a majority is reached at any point. A majority is defined as more than half of the number of living players. This means that if 11 players are alive and any player receives 6 votes at the same time, the "hammer" will have been reached and the day phase will officially end at that 6th vote. If 12 players are alive, the hammer is the 7th vote. If I happen to be away when a hammer is reached and cannot end the day phase immediately, then any votes following that hammer vote will not be counted.

Note

Typically polls on The Syndicate are given a specific deadline, after which they lock instantly. We cannot do that in this game because the deadlines are unique (not a flat integer number of days). This means the poll will not have a deadline, and technically it will be possible to manipulate it after the day phase deadline is reached. Remember that any votes cast after the deadline will not be counted, and I would ask as your host that you simply don't do it. It would create the potential for tallying mistakes that could really screw the game up. Help me out here, eh?

:)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

VIEWING POST COUNTS, ISOs, AND SETTING POSTS-PER-PAGE

POST COUNTS -- To view the current ranking of post counts in the game thread, go to the Syndicate home page by clicking on the red title image in the top margin. From there, click on the "Mafia Championship Scrimmage" FORUM (not the thread). You will see the name of the thread, the number of replies, and the last post. Click on the linked number under "Replies" and a list will be opened in a separate window showing the post counts of every player and host in the game thread.

ISOs -- If you wish to view a single player's post history in isolation, you may click on the "In Topic" link under that player's total post count, which is under their avatar. Separately, I will generate links to each player's post history once everyone has contributed to the game thread. They'll be posted here among the first few posts.

SETTING POSTS-PER-PAGE -- You can adapt the number of posts which are viewable to you on each game thread page if you so desire. Click on the "User Control Panel" in the top left area. Then click on the "Profile" tab. Towards the bottom of the first visible page under this tab is a "Posts Per Page" option. Set this to whatever number you like. When I participated in the champions tournament last year, the recommendation was 100 posts-per-page. That might be the same this year, and I think it is a good number.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Participants:

DrWilgy - post history
ika - post history
Metalmarsh89 - post history
MovingPictures07 - post history
Psittaciform - post history / Replaced by Scotty on Night 3.
sig - post history

Deceased:

Frog - post history - Lynched on Day 1 - Vanilla Townie
Silverwolf - post history - Killed on Night 1 - Vanilla Townie
Long Con - post history / Replaced by Epignosis on Day 1. post history - Killed on Night 1 - Vanilla Townie
Inawordyes - post history - Lynched on Day 2 - Mafia Goon
Dyslexicon - post history - Killed on Night 2 - Vanilla Townie
Zexy - post history - Killed on Night 2 - Vanilla Townie
Sloonei - post history / Replaced by Matt on Day 2. post history - Lynched on Day 3 - Vanilla Townie
Marco - post history - Killed on Night 3 - Vanilla Townie
a2thezebra - post history - Lynched on Day 4 - Vanilla Townie
Soneji - post history - Killed on Night 4 - Vanilla Townie
Golden - post history - Killed on Night 4 - Town Jailkeeper

Female
Male

If I've left your gender identity undefined, it's because I don't know yet. Feel free to PM me and I would be happy to update it. Or I can update it if it's stated in the game. :)

When possible I will add ISO links into this post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

POLLS

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

For later use.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SAMPLE VANILLA ROLE CARDS:

"You are a Vanilla Townie. You have no night actions."

"You are a Mafia Goon. You have no night actions other than to deliver the factional night kill if you are selected by your team to do so."

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The game has started. From now on I will use this color. Have fun everyone, and if you have questions please PM me. :)

The deadline is in 60 hours on Sunday night at 10:00 PM (Eastern US/Canada time)

With 17 players alive, the hammer vote is 9.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

First. :noble:
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game! :yay:

Excited to play with you all.

Unfortunately, as I've noted, the next two weeks are going to be pretty busy, so for those who know me, don't expect normal MP levels of activity, although I may still come close because I'm an addict.

Further, today I have a full schedule for most of the day. FYI I am in Central time zone (UTC -6). I have about 10-15 minutes max now before I have to leave for a while; I should return sometime late this afternoon at the earliest, but more likely this evening after I've worked on PhD work sufficiently.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, Dom will be your Moderator on Duty for this game. If at any point you're feeling frustrated or are having problems with another player or myself, please feel free to PM him and he can talk through it with you. He's a great fellow and is here to listen. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Starting off with a vote for Metalmarsh89 because it wouldn't be a Day 1 without some marmot blood. :beer:

VOTE METALMARSH89
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Checking out the Vote Format.

VOTE MARCO

And what's the protocol for unvoting here?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marco wrote:And what's the protocol for unvoting here?
None is necessary. To change your vote simply place a new vote in the thread and in the poll.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Marco wrote:Checking out the Vote Format.

VOTE MARCO

And what's the protocol for unvoting here?
Typically the poll is the primary method of communicating casting one's vote, although it is considered good form to post at that time as well (but usually not required). Whenever I've changed my vote or seen anyone else change their vote, we never declare the unvote, just the recipient of our new vote.

So if I wanted to change my vote now I'd just say VOTE whoever. As to what's necessary here, Jay can clarify. Linki: It seems he has.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Why not. VOTE METALMARSH89 because it always feels good. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Why not. VOTE METALMARSH89 because it always feels good. :beer:
:beer:

Well, now that you're here and self-voted, I don't feel like voting for you anymore. :P

More notably, I'd advise all Syndicateers to note that we have a hammer mechanic in this game, which is 100% new to any game on The Syndicate thus far (though I plan on utilizing it in some of my games going forward). I was OK with putting a single joke vote on you at the beginning, but I'm not OK with putting you any closer than that to a potential hammer, so...

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

to make her appear. :nicenod:

I encourage everyone to spread the "love" around with your votes, but be aware of the hammer function.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting a new guy (or gal) instead.

Psittacitform caught my eye. VOTE PSITTACITFORM. I see you there with your hand in the cookie jar. What have you to say for yourself!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I have to go now, so I can discuss U.S. audit quality, PCAOB Form 2, and how audit quality differs when the principal auditor outsources a substantial amount of the work to another auditor. Just showing the newbies how the OT function is done. :slick:

Have fun while I'm gone, and post like crazy. Let's drown Golden out so he knows what to expect from MU. :beer:
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Thanks for the info. I was asking particularly because of the hammer mechanic. As I might want to not have my vote count against anyone while I'm offline. eg: I vote for MovingPictures07 but he convinces me that he's town. I don't have any suspects for now, so I don't change my vote. While I'm away and offline, MP can get hammered.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I've added two options to the poll. You may place your vote in "Unvote" if you desire to have your vote on nobody. You may place your vote in "No Lynch" if you desire to lynch nobody.

Which apparently cleared the poll. :rolleyes:

Please place your poll votes again to accompany your in-thread votes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Thanks. That's perfect.

Unvote
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Heyo! :fist: (closest thing to a wave I can find haha)

Okay, so where are is the "large" option in the post editor... Nah, I'll just quite somebody else to get it! Genius. :llama:
:omg:
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Marco wrote:Thanks. That's perfect.

Unvote
Ooh, okay. So I'm gonna go ahead and poke Frog since I know him from MU games. Heyo! How are you? WHY ARE YOU MAFIA?!?!? *cough* Ahem,I mean, "would it possible in any sort of context unique to both this world and any potential alternate realities that you could inform our inquiring minds just as to the current state of this fine game as perceived from your self and, potentially, a hint as to the true nature of where your alignments lie, to which you could also potentially be lying to us with a bold face and would need to understandably be punished? :biggrin:

VOTE FROG
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

oh, and I'm a guy. I'm not that Ina girl, she's pretty teh scummehs.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Also, Dom will be your Moderator on Duty for this game. If at any point you're feeling frustrated or are having problems with another player or myself, please feel free to PM him and he can talk through it with you. He's a great fellow and is here to listen. :)
Thank you, JJ.

I'm here to help anyone who wants to scream, yell, or otherwise be frustrated. I am here to be a punching bag and therapist lite. I am not here to punish anyone. Please utilize me. If you have questions about my function, please let me know!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

There isn't much to go on yet but, inaword had a towny entrance to the thread.

He is doing some RVS, but that is common on MU. I usually dislike doing this however, it isn't an alignment indicator.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MM seems to be as jokey as normal, not an alignment indicator.

MP comes into the thread with his normal "I won't post much it doesn't mean I'm mafia unlesssss I decide to post alot, but I probably won't" thing. So expect lots of posts and activity from MP. :P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

However, having said this I'm not sure I like how MP is talking about the hammer function. It's a bad gut ping to me. Not enough to vote/lynch on, but I'll be keeping my eye on MP.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Last post for the time I promise.

Two things
1. MP didn't place his vote for Zebra
2. I'm voting to lynch Golden, come on out and represent golden!

Vote Golden
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hello, game. I'm going to start out this with my first ping of the game as I vote MOVINGPICTURES07 for trying to set himself up for an under-the-radar game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

VOTE MOVINGPICTURES07
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:Last post for the time I promise.

Two things

Vote Golden
That doesn't count, gotta be ALL CAPS! :srsnod:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hey, I hear we're playing a mafia game in here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:Hey, I hear we're playing a mafia game in here?
Yeah man! You in? You Mafia?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hi!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Yea to both, King Con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote:Hi!
Bai!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sig came in and tried to drag as much content out of things as he could. I'd like that if it didn't feel like such an effort to distance oneself from the label of low participation or scumminess.
Let's VOTE SIG
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote:Yea to both, King Con.
You seem like an honest guy, so I'll just

VOTE SLOONEI because he is Mafia.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been undone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:Last post for the time I promise.

Two things

Vote Golden
That doesn't count, gotta be ALL CAPS! :srsnod:
oops thanks.

VOTE GOLDEN
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Hello. :beer:
Sloonei wrote:Sig came in and tried to drag as much content out of things as he could. I'd like that if it didn't feel like such an effort to distance oneself from the label of low participation or scumminess.
Let's VOTE SIG
You'd usually like it but, don't this time? That doesn't make much sense.Also it is weird seeing how this is the beginning of day 1 so how would I be labeled as low participation if I hadn't had made any posts after my first one? :shrug:

So why is it scummy that I'm posting and trying to get some content, since from where I sit it looks like your trying to stifle discussion. :eye:
ImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Sig came in and tried to drag as much content out of things as he could. I'd like that if it didn't feel like such an effort to distance oneself from the label of low participation or scumminess.
Let's VOTE SIG
You'd usually like it but, don't this time? That doesn't make much sense.Also it is weird seeing how this is the beginning of day 1 so how would I be labeled as low participation if I hadn't had made any posts after my first one? :shrug:

So why is it scummy that I'm posting and trying to get some content, since from where I sit it looks like your trying to stifle discussion. :eye:
He wasn't calling you out for low participation.
Zexy
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Zexy »

I’m not that sure IAWY’s entrance in the thread was towny, sig. But it’s not necessarily scummy either. Thanks for the meta advice on MP.

Can someone give us meta on Long Con? That’s a strange entrance they make there, but it feels like it’s their thing.

Sloonei, do you know sig well enough to consider their actions as scummy? I can see your points, but if it’s something sig does regardless of alignment we need to cut some slack. Sig gave thoughts on Sloonei and I can't say I disagree either.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

VOTE ZEXY for being scum.
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Sup! I randed Town so GG.

I'll read what you guys have posted so far, but insofar as tempo control to immediately move out of the RVS stage, I'm going to bring up a polarizing strategy related question:

I've JUST finished a C12 match on MU where many vanillagers were fake claiming TPRs, and fake counter claiming TPRs all over the place. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Those that didn't work were because of a cognitive dissonance between players. With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?

Furthermore, with respect to claims, I'm planning on following this format every day:
If I'm X role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Y role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Z role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Marco wrote:VOTE ZEXY for being scum.
Oh no you got me already :(
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Frog wrote:With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?
No.
Furthermore, with respect to claims, I'm planning on following this format every day:
If I'm X role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Y role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Z role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
I like this as well.

Classic MU way of thinking which is what I should be doing for these games, yeah.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Let's VOTE SIG

I am not trying to stifle any discussion. That is a strange thing to accuse me of. What I didn't like about your posts is that they seemed like an easy opportunistic set of early observations when there wasn't a whole lot of content to analyze. It's a good and easy way to establish yourself early on as a town leader. I don't feel like the content in the thread prior to your string of posts warranted everything you said.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Sloonei wrote:What I didn't like about your posts is that they seemed like an easy opportunistic set of early observations when there wasn't a whole lot of content to analyze. It's a good and easy way to establish yourself early on as a town leader.
I don't think you are the kind of person who would base a read only on that anyway when so much more is going to happen.
I'd like to believe same goes for sig.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”