Host/dead/non
33%

Total votes: 15
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch [Night 2]

Post by timmer »

Sorry DH, but you just burned whatever trust I had in you. Your actions today were manipulative and suspicious as hell. Quin, as well. Whatever you hoped to achieve, it's frankly made you look bad to me.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:Sorry DH, but you just burned whatever trust I had in you. Your actions today were manipulative and suspicious as hell. Quin, as well. Whatever you hoped to achieve, it's frankly made you look bad to me.
Well that's a shame.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:Sorry DH, but you just burned whatever trust I had in you. Your actions today were manipulative and suspicious as hell. Quin, as well. Whatever you hoped to achieve, it's frankly made you look bad to me.
I thought I already looked bad to you.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

What
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Which of these is most likely:

A) There was a lynch switch
B) Floyd's results were sent to the other thread
C) Soneji was the only lynchee

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Which of these is most likely:

I'd hope B tbh
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LOL I was assuming C. Soneji got 6 or more votes is what I'm thinking. B would be hilarious, because we wouldn't even know, since Floyd ain't talking either way. 'A' seems not right... I doubt one of us could switch the lynch to one of them today.

I wonder why Soneji went down. And why the Hosts made Trump a Civvie. :confused:

DH, I want to thank you for being willing to give me a chance. I'm home from work now, and I want to go back over things and make some responses. I was afraid the Hatch would be gone.

Gimme a sec... settling in, getting some food, etc. I'm here all night.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by sig »

I'm thinking B, unless we had something weird where it was the player with the most votes period was lynched.

So DH why did you switch? You seemed pretty certain LC was mafia and true Floyd wasn't participating but a civ is a civ in the number game.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 15

Post by sig »

I'd also like to point out the irony of giving LC a chance when he was literally saying we should lynch low posters/no shows and was gung oh ready to lynch me when I wasn't around.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

sig wrote:

I'm thinking B, unless we had something weird where it was the player with the most votes period was lynched.

So DH why did you switch? You seemed pretty certain LC was mafia and true Floyd wasn't participating but a civ is a civ in the number game.
I switched because it was a fun idea.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch

Post by Long Con »

Ok, let's start with what has sig so riled up about me.
Long Con wrote:I'm disappointed with the activity in here. Sig hasn't even posted, I'm thinking maybe we should just do the Main Thread a favour and lynch him today, to end the sig debate and get to start a little fresher on Day 3.
Sig, look at how I started this post. Read that sentence. Then read it again.

The thread was just not happening at the time, and I said this to stir things up. Get some reactions. Get some people talking - get YOU talking. Something. I was fucking tired of coming back to the thread, ready to engage, and seeing that I was still the last poster. I go to bed, get up, come back, and there's one post. It was pathetic.

You are reacting as though I tried to slam-dunk your lynch-lock behind your back. That is not even close to what I was doing. I didn't even expect my vote to be on you by the day's end - this is the benefit of changeable votes, sig. You can use your vote as pressure.

Let me ask you: what would you think of a player who read that post, and agreed with me, and was like "Yeah, let's lynch sig, he's too quiet!" or something. Would that be something you'd like to know about that player? That they are willing to do that? What about a player that says "Uh, LC, that shit is wack. I'm not casting a vote for sig unless I see a real case against him!" Is that something you'd be interested in knowing?

I can tell you're angry about this post, and my vote. If you want to deal with it in a realistic way, then take a step back and look at it again. I wasn't trying to lynch you. I was trying to use you.

....I'll post things in separate posts, but I have more to say.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Why pick sig? If you wanted to rile up the thread why not pick someone who was at least posting? What if we all bandwagoned sig, he was lynched and flipped civ? Or flipped bad? What would we have learned?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:Ok, let's start with what has sig so riled up about me.
Long Con wrote:I'm disappointed with the activity in here. Sig hasn't even posted, I'm thinking maybe we should just do the Main Thread a favour and lynch him today, to end the sig debate and get to start a little fresher on Day 3.
Sig, look at how I started this post. Read that sentence. Then read it again.

The thread was just not happening at the time, and I said this to stir things up. Get some reactions. Get some people talking - get YOU talking. Something. I was fucking tired of coming back to the thread, ready to engage, and seeing that I was still the last poster. I go to bed, get up, come back, and there's one post. It was pathetic.

You are reacting as though I tried to slam-dunk your lynch-lock behind your back. That is not even close to what I was doing. I didn't even expect my vote to be on you by the day's end - this is the benefit of changeable votes, sig. You can use your vote as pressure.

Let me ask you: what would you think of a player who read that post, and agreed with me, and was like "Yeah, let's lynch sig, he's too quiet!" or something. Would that be something you'd like to know about that player? That they are willing to do that? What about a player that says "Uh, LC, that shit is wack. I'm not casting a vote for sig unless I see a real case against him!" Is that something you'd be interested in knowing?

I can tell you're angry about this post, and my vote. If you want to deal with it in a realistic way, then take a step back and look at it again. I wasn't trying to lynch you. I was trying to use you.

....I'll post things in separate posts, but I have more to say.
What's that smell?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorsha wrote:Why pick sig? If you wanted to rile up the thread why not pick someone who was at least posting? What if we all bandwagoned sig, he was lynched and flipped civ? Or flipped bad? What would we have learned?
Why not sig? How is another player better than sig?

If everyone just smiled and agreed and voted sig, then that would really say a lot about everyone in the thread. I assume in this hypothetical situation that sig never showed up at all and defended himself? Ok. If he flipped Civ, then that would suck, if he flipped bad then it would have been good. How much we learned is based on the different reactions of players. WTF are you talking about, Sorsha? These questions are not useful or interesting at all.

You think I had some plan on how to handle every eventuality of casting a vote on sig? Is that how you play? That's... ridiculous. Am I to believe that you do that for every post you make, every vote you cast? Get outta here with that crap. I'm sorry, but your questions are pretty irrelevant. I made a move to get things going. That's the start and the end of that story. There is no explanation about "what would we have learned if...?"

DH, I already identified that smell hours ago.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:So LC, of those confined to the Hatch whom do you suspect and why?
Long Con wrote:BWT, Wilgy, sig, Sorsha, Floyd... those are the players that I feel most negative about in this here Hatch. BWT and Floyd are low-posters as I recall, maybe the lowest? Sorsha is down there as well. sig, I think some of his posts made me suspicious. I'd love to be able to look back over that one. And dear Wilgy... maybe I don't suspect Wilgy so much.

This doesn't need to be about low-posters yet though. 48 hours in this Hatch, right?
I was asked a question, and I looked at the list of players. Allow me to elucidate you about my thought process to answer as honestly as I could.

Black Rock - I avoid Black Rock for the first half of the game as much as possible, which is best for fairness to everyone else.
birdwithteeth11 - Hadn't yet posted. Is he bad and laying low? Does he know the game is on? Is he too busy to play? I don't know.
DharmaHelper - Has a major schtick going on that I haven't seen before. Not sure what's up with him, not ready to drop the axe at this time.
DrWilgy - On the fence about him, that much is obvious in my post
Long Con - Perfect specimen of Mafia awesomeness
LoRab - Feel good about Lorab based on Day 1 stuff
Professor Farnsworth - Felt all right about him, I guess... to be honest I don't remeber why without Main thread reference
Quin - Felt good about Quin after Day 1
sig - Turbulent Day 1, some suspicions coming out of it
Sorsha - Not much content I remembered, laying low maybe?
TheFloyd73 - somewhat prominent Day 1 suspect, and major laying low
timmer - Felt pretty good about timmer after Day 1

So, yeah. That was my list for DH of the people I suspected the most. So, to this:
sig wrote:I'd also like to point out the irony of giving LC a chance when he was literally saying we should lynch low posters/no shows and was gung oh ready to lynch me when I wasn't around.
No. Just no. There is no irony, because I wasn't "literally saying we should lynch low posters". I was giving my feelings about the Hatch folks at the start of the day. There's a vast fucking difference, sig.

And I've already made it clear how wrong it is to say I was "gung ho to lynch you when you weren't around". That's butthurt talk, and it doesn't reflect what really happened at all.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Professor Farnsworth wrote:
Long Con wrote:However, I will place a vote on Farnsworth until he gives a full explanation of his Floyd suspicion.

Voting for sockpuppets is a victimless crime - like punching someone in the dark! :feb:
Priz said something about his "sources" telling him something.

DH was like, "Sources? YOU MUST HAVE BADDIE BTSC!" in an obviously joking manner.

Then Floyd came along like, "Yeah, that sounds good." *votes Priz*

He also, to my recollection did not mention Priz again after that point (if he even posted at all afterwards). I know the word opportunistic gets thrown around a lot on here, but there's no better way to describe Floyd's vote. Hiding behind someone else's suspicion then offering no independent thought on the matter.

I'll go ahead and vote Floyd for now. I wouldn't be opposed to a sig lynch either, but I don't actively suspect him the way I do Floyd.
Just wanted to quote this as an example of a totally reasonable exchange. Note that Prof did not freak out and accuse me of being bad and go to try and research reasons to convince everyone I was bad. Even though I cast a vote for him.

Imagine that.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:I'll be reading over LC logic for lynching me, but a very good rule of thumb with LC is that if he is voting for me he is mafia. This isn't some wild accusation this is a meta driven thought process.
Back to this one.

Sig, there is no correlation between my alignment and whether or not I'll vote for you. We do not have that kind of Mafia relationship. That is something you have invented between us, and it's all in your head.

I'm just not that into you.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorsha wrote:... I'm also eyeing LC and LoRab for entertaining the thought that Floyd might be silenced.
How is this a justifiable basis for suspicion?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Why pick sig? If you wanted to rile up the thread why not pick someone who was at least posting? What if we all bandwagoned sig, he was lynched and flipped civ? Or flipped bad? What would we have learned?
Why not sig? How is another player better than sig?
You named almost half of the players in this thread as your suspects. All fairly low posters or players who hadn't posted at all. Why was sig the best of them? He hadn't even posted yet and we were into day 2 at that point I believe. Why not at least pick someone who you could reasonably expect to respond (because they had already posted in the thread)
If everyone just smiled and agreed and voted sig, then that would really say a lot about everyone in the thread. I assume in this hypothetical situation that sig never showed up at all and defended himself? Ok. If he flipped Civ, then that would suck, if he flipped bad then it would have been good. How much we learned is based on the different reactions of players. WTF are you talking about, Sorsha? These questions are not useful or interesting at all.

You're getting kinda hostile. I don't think the questions I asked you are as ridiculous as you're making them seem.
You think I had some plan on how to handle every eventuality of casting a vote on sig? Is that how you play? That's... ridiculous. Am I to believe that you do that for every post you make, every vote you cast? Get outta here with that crap. I'm sorry, but your questions are pretty irrelevant. I made a move to get things going. That's the start and the end of that story. There is no explanation about "what would we have learned if...?"

DH, I already identified that smell hours ago.
I just want to understand what you're thinking and how you thought this would play out. Don't turn it around on me.

I'd also like to say that your saying my questions are not useful, not interesting and are irrelevant are completely and utterly rude.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:... I'm also eyeing LC and LoRab for entertaining the thought that Floyd might be silenced.
You're bad.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I think I'll take this opportunity to vote LC.
Why?
I sense a disturbance in the force.
:faint:

This is very very telling.
Is it literally very very telling? :haha: Good times.

But seriously, the way I read this is that sig believes that DH is referencing some sort of information. Right? Am I reading that right? It's fucking hard to tell when people are intentionally vague about their meaning. Is that what other people took away from that?

DH, why don't you step up and clarify for sig that you do not have any information, and that your comment was just a flippant and fun toss-out?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorsha wrote:
Long Con wrote:
You're bad.
You're wrong.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I think I'll take this opportunity to vote LC.
Why?
I sense a disturbance in the force.
:faint:

This is very very telling.
Is it literally very very telling? :haha: Good times.

But seriously, the way I read this is that sig believes that DH is referencing some sort of information. Right? Am I reading that right? It's fucking hard to tell when people are intentionally vague about their meaning. Is that what other people took away from that?

DH, why don't you step up and clarify for sig that you do not have any information, and that your comment was just a flippant and fun toss-out?
I do not have any information, and my comment was just a flippant and fun toss-out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DharmaHelper- are you a Jedi?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No that would be silly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
sig wrote:Also quick thing I really don't think lynching Floyd is the way to go, he could be mafia yes, but its hard to tell since he hasn't really posted at all. I know mafia floyd does this, but that was also like his first and second game here which could play into his low posting. If I had to pick a player to lynch I think I'd go with DH and lynch LC. Unless I'm misreading DH and really screwing up my read of LC, I believe LC isn't a civ.
Weren't you riding my jock D1? What changed?
Well you were right I guess, also mainly I picked up a few hints and connected a few dots.?
DH, does this mean anything to you? By that I mean, did you drop hints on Day 1?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Do I ever drop hints ever in the history of ever

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Unless of course I'm lying and it's all a ploy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Quin wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:It's possible I confused BR's post. Might not be the best place to put a vote.
I thought our reasons for putting her name out there were the same. Was I wrong?
Was your reason because her post/vote seemed opportunistic and hasty?
I called this a leading question because this was the first time the words "opportunistic" and "hasty" had been used to describe BR's post and vote. When Quin said your reasons were the same, it was clear that those reasons were about her voting Floyd while mentioning only Timmer and Mac.

Do you understand why I called this a leading question?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Do I ever drop hints ever in the history of ever
I'm going to assume the implied answer is "no"?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Quin wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:It's possible I confused BR's post. Might not be the best place to put a vote.
I thought our reasons for putting her name out there were the same. Was I wrong?
I called this a leading question because this was the first time the words "opportunistic" and "hasty" had been used to describe BR's post and vote. When Quin said your reasons were the same, it was clear that those reasons were about her voting Floyd while mentioning only Timmer and Mac.

Yeah, cuz you didn't understand that my reasoning for putting BR's name out there was because I mistakenly thought her post/vote was hasty and opportunistic.

ALSO

Are u bad?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:LC aside from me who would you feel most confident in lynching?
I thought this was cute. When did I say anything about lynching you, friend?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Quin wrote:

Yeah, cuz you didn't understand that my reasoning for putting BR's name out there was because I mistakenly thought her post/vote was hasty and opportunistic.
Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.
ALSO

Are u bad?
No, I am Civ.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:BWT, Wilgy, sig, Sorsha, Floyd... those are the players that I feel most negative about in this here Hatch. BWT and Floyd are low-posters as I recall, maybe the lowest? Sorsha is down there as well. sig, I think some of his posts made me suspicious. I'd love to be able to look back over that one. And dear Wilgy... maybe I don't suspect Wilgy so much.

This doesn't need to be about low-posters yet though. 48 hours in this Hatch, right?
I found what triggered my tonal baddie read of you LC. Why am I your dear, cutie? What prompted this endearment you have of me?
Dude, I don't know. It's too early for me to have been drunk. It's just weird to me now looking back. Maybe it was something I was reading or watching, or some character that tickled my fancy that I was channelling? I feel like it would be said in the accent of some young English nobleman... that's all I've got for ya, honey. :shrug:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I've lost whatever handle I may have had. All reads out the window. starting fresh in the morning.
My siggie.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote:Mafia LC in every game we've played has tried to lynch me for weak reasons.
Civ LC has almost never gone along with the lynch mob when we were both civs.
If you're trying to be honest, then you're remembering specific games and applying them across the board. And what I was doing wasn't "trying to lynch you for weak reasons".

Also, what "lynch mob" am I going or not going along with in this game? You sound paranoid.
LC is giving very anti-civ reasons for his vote on me which doesn't fit within his normal civ behavior.
This sentence is pure meaningless propaganda. "very anti-civ reasons"...what? My "normal civ behavior"... well, I imagine when you define someones words as "anti-civ", it kind of follows automatically that that kind of thing doesn't fit with "normal civ behavior".

Anyways, going to bed now. Thanks again, DH (and Quin, for the intentions).
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:LC aside from me who would you feel most confident in lynching?
I thought this was cute. When did I say anything about lynching you, friend?
I only meant to exclude me since I wouldn't vote for myself.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sig, have I ever played a game where you were bad? I'm looking through our games together to check your claims, and I haven't yet seen one.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'll have to go back and re-read the lynch post to see if "See you in court" made the cut.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Paprika
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Paprika »

Long Con is reading pretty sincere to me. I feel like Sig's overreaction and subsequent posts just keep digging himself deeper, but I'm always hesitant when it comes to Sig since he's so often lynched for strange behavior.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Just saw floyd watching the thread and I doubt he's silenced during the night phase so

Sketchy and also distracting.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”