JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

2016 Game of Champions - Hatch [Night 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RULES

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. As this is closed set up, role outing and info dumping are allowed and encouraged.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. No disrespectful behavior.
6. No copy and pasting of any PMs you receive, and discussing specific wording and language used in your PMs is strictly off limits. Use your own words.
7. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
8. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
9. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
10. This is your hosts' color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!
11. Each player must start the game with an "In Soviet Russia..." joke.
12. All Night Actions and Item Purchases or Uses should be PMed to 2016 GoC.

You are in the Hatch. All original game rules still apply. Proceed with this as your game thread. If you have any questions, please direct them to 2016 GOC privately.

Players:

Black Rock
birdwithteeth11
DharmaHelper
DrWilgy
Long Con
LoRab
Professor Farnsworth
Quin
sig
Sorsha
TheFloyd73
timmer

Item Store

Items may be purchased at any time by PMing the 2016 GoC account, Day or Night as long as the player has sufficient bath tokens to pay for the item.

Items purchased from the store remain with the purchasing player until they are used or the player dies. When this happens the items are returned to the store. All items may only be owned by one player at a time.

The items available in the store will be visible to all players. The effects of the items will be unknown, and it will be against the rules for players to reveal that information publicly.
1 bath token:
Seven Star Sword
Rice Wine Goblet
Tea

2 bath tokens:
Hua Tuo's Journal
Banana
Grog

3 bath tokens:

Koto
Breath Mints

4 bath tokens:
Bull Lantern
Filial Piety
Shovel
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Мы отомстим Mac

SokothQultuq wrote:There is something wrong. I'm looking in the logs and it looks like they are deactivating a member account.
MovingPictures07 wrote:What? Why would they be doing that?
SokothQultuq wrote:I can't say, all I know is they seem to be trying to fight back.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What member account are they trying to deactivate?
SokothQultuq wrote:Let me look into it, just a minute.
Epignosis hit the button to reply the thread in the Adminstrator's Forum about the Hackers. He blinked in surprise as an error message came up, informing him that his account has been deactivated.

"Well shit... I need another beer."

Epignosis has been deactivated by the Hackers. His role was...
Golden (Mafia Championship Tournament)

You are Golden, representative of The Syndicate in the 2016 Mafia Championship Tournament. You are a civilian. Win the game by eliminating all threats to your faction.

In your tournament exploits and throughout 2016 you have learned some new tricks. You have access to a variety of one-time use abilities. You may use each of the following once during the game, and you may not use more than one during any single night phase:

You may select a player to join in a BTSC chat for the next day phase.
You may select a player. That player will be unaffected by night actions and also unable to perform them.
You may elect to become invisible and remove yourself from the next lynch poll. This may not be used later than Day 7.
You may select a player. You will be told who that player targeted if anyone.
You may select a player. That player will be forced to end every post with “SO SAY WE ALL.” during the next day phase.
Daily Horoscope
Pisces: With Neptune being at its Point of Fortune, you are in a very good position today. Everything is going your way. Sit back and enjoy the rewards of such a fortuitous alignment!

IT IS DAY 2.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ay fam whats good.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Quin »

hey kids
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

# P I S C E S F T W
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So quin of our hostages...I mean contemporaries, who do you suspect and why?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

RIP Epi. So, whoever predicted this outcome... was right. The Hatch/Beach thing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So LC, of those confined to the Hatch whom do you suspect and why?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote:RIP Epi. So, whoever predicted this outcome... was right. The Hatch/Beach thing.
Outcome?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:So quin of our hostages...I mean contemporaries, who do you suspect and why?
About to drive my brother to work. Hang tight.
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Sorsha »

Hi everyone.

RIP Epi... he was telling the truth when he said he was Golden!

I don't like that we can't see the main thread.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So Sorsha, of the Hatchies, whom do you suspect, and why?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So, the bad guys probably placed people in both places. So they get to know what's going on... unless... anyone know from the original Lost Again game if the BTSC gets to cross over from Beach to Hatch? I assume baddie BTSC is uninterrupted. The good news is that we probably have a chance to lynch two baddies today. Let's at least try to show up our Beach compatriots and lynch well!

I look at our player list and I see a lot of people that I could vote for. :haha:
Quin wrote:
Long Con wrote:RIP Epi. So, whoever predicted this outcome... was right. The Hatch/Beach thing.
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:So, the bad guys probably placed people in both places. So they get to know what's going on... unless... anyone know from the original Lost Again game if the BTSC gets to cross over from Beach to Hatch? I assume baddie BTSC is uninterrupted. The good news is that we probably have a chance to lynch two baddies today. Let's at least try to show up our Beach compatriots and lynch well!

I look at our player list and I see a lot of people that I could vote for. :haha:
Quin wrote:
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.
I don't mean to sound stupid but how did you come to any of these conclusions? Are our positions not based entirely on our poll choice?

Why do we "probably have" a good chance of lynching two baddies?

Hm

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DharmaHelper wrote:So Sorsha, of the Hatchies, whom do you suspect, and why?
Llama called me out as bad in the Felt 2 game based on my very first post of the game and my use of smilies/tone so I will put some stock in his read of sig so far this game.

Black Rock's posts about Mac had me feeling a bit of suspicion towards her yesterday. Without being able to see the main thread its going to be difficult to explain though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

BWT, Wilgy, sig, Sorsha, Floyd... those are the players that I feel most negative about in this here Hatch. BWT and Floyd are low-posters as I recall, maybe the lowest? Sorsha is down there as well. sig, I think some of his posts made me suspicious. I'd love to be able to look back over that one. And dear Wilgy... maybe I don't suspect Wilgy so much.

This doesn't need to be about low-posters yet though. 48 hours in this Hatch, right?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:So, the bad guys probably placed people in both places. So they get to know what's going on... unless... anyone know from the original Lost Again game if the BTSC gets to cross over from Beach to Hatch? I assume baddie BTSC is uninterrupted. The good news is that we probably have a chance to lynch two baddies today. Let's at least try to show up our Beach compatriots and lynch well!

Quin wrote:
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.
I don't mean to sound stupid but how did you come to any of these conclusions? Are our positions not based entirely on our poll choice?

Hm
Of course our positions are based on poll choicew. Don't "hm" me. I think the baddies would want to have information/influence in both places, and would strategically decide to split the team. I came to that conclusion because it makes a lot of sense. :shrug: Do you disagree?

I didn't say we "probably have a good chance" of lynching two baddies. I said we "probably have a chance". If I'm wrong, then all the baddies are in one place.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Quin wrote:
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.
I was bad in the Lost Again game that this is from. I was Ana Lucia the mafia godfather. Publicly the game rules stated that the killer (me) had to be in the same location as the NK choice. Part of the secret of my role was that I did NOT have to be in the same location as our kill choice though, the same location thing only applied if I was dead. So all three of us baddies went to the same location and chose a player at the opposite location to kill.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Quin wrote:
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.

Hm
Of course our positions are based on poll choicew. Don't "hm" me. I think the baddies would want to have information/influence in both places, and would strategically decide to split the team. I came to that conclusion because it makes a lot of sense. :shrug: Do you disagree?

I didn't say we "probably have a good chance" of lynching two baddies. I said we "probably have a chance". If I'm wrong, then all the baddies are in one place.
I misread "the baddies probably placed people in both places" as meaning they sorted the players in both threads.

A little defensive ey?

Hm.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Wait, I was Michael Dawson, not Ana Lucia... the rest of that is right though.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Quin wrote:
Outcome?
The Hatch/Beach thing.

Hm

I misread "the baddies probably placed people in both places" as meaning they sorted the players in both threads.

A little defensive ey?

Hm.
Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So what's the expected activity percentage in this thread?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You can count on me. This is my only game, and I needs ma Mafia.

What's "fam"?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:You can count on me. This is my only game, and I needs ma Mafia.

What's "fam"?
Fam[ily]

i.e one's peers, or friends.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:

What's "fam"?
Fam[ily]

You use it a lot these days, and you didn't before. Is it just a Syndicate thing, or do you say it in real life interactions as well?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I'll be around for the next 4 hours at least, as long as it stays slow at work anyway.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

What's "fam"?
Fam[ily]

You use it a lot these days, and you didn't before. Is it just a Syndicate thing, or do you say it in real life interactions as well?
I dunno fam.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I would be down for a sig/Floyd vote maybe.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Do you have the results of phase three of your foolproof plan for lynching baddies yet DH?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:Do you have the results of phase three of your foolproof plan for lynching baddies yet DH?
You're sitting in it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin is not on the poll.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

OK, agreed with all who stated above that it's really annoying to not be able to see the main thread, in order to see what was said previously. As is obvious, I suspect Wilgy, although less so than Day 1, based on lynch result--knowing that mafia has game-related roles (or at least some mafia), the slip seems less likely to be a slip. That said, his defense still doesn't sit right. And I still don't like that he never answered my question about why he automatically went to the conclsion that the first player to post about being from a game was lying about what game they were from, and what motivation he thinks they would have for lying about what game they were from.

I also suspect sig. Suspicion of him has been brought up a few times. He had one post that definitely pinged me and I didn't mention it at the time because I had cut and pasted a bunch of quotes and then lost them and didn't get around to going back to getting them all again and needed to get on with posting. And I don't remember exactly what it was or why it pinged me. And I realize that isn't at all helpful. And I really wish I could go back and reread his posts now. Dammit.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:Quin is not on the poll.
It's quite obvious why, wouldn't you agree?

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ahh Pisces ftw... that's too bad quin would have been a contender for my vote.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What if we all agreed to vote out the beach squad and then figure out among the rest of us who the actual baddies are.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:Ahh Pisces ftw... that's too bad quin would have been a contender for my vote.
Who else is a contender for your vote?
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Sorsha wrote:Do you have the results of phase three of your foolproof plan for lynching baddies yet DH?
You're sitting in it.
The Hatch? :confused:

Also, in the Lost Again game only one player was lynched, but we were able to lynch players from the other location, unlike here. :shrug:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:So quin of our hostages...I mean contemporaries, who do you suspect and why?
I could vote for Floyd. I dislike the support he gave for your bullshit BTSC thing earlier.

I can't recall a single thing Farnsworth has said so far. I could put him in the timmer pile of people I expect content from. timmer is no longer in the timmer pile, FYI.

I want to understand the sig suspicion, but I can already tell you I don't agree that his smiley use is suspicious. He's probably the youngest guy here, and I think smiley use is just the standard for people his age. What else is there?

I do have an unjustified ping for Black Rock. I'm not sure why I have it. I just do. I won't act on it until I can read her main thread posts again.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:Ahh Pisces ftw... that's too bad quin would have been a contender for my vote.
I could see a Sig vote, I guess he would be my new default choice but I want to flesh some things out. I had noticed a few people mentioning Floyd and the prof as being potentially shady but I don't remember why. Anyone remember?

Also I feel pretty good about LC and DH.
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:
Quin wrote:
I could see a Sig vote, I guess he would be my new default choice but I want to flesh some things out. I had noticed a few people mentioning Floyd and the prof as being potentially shady but I don't remember why. Anyone remember?

Also I feel pretty good about LC and DH.
I think the general suspicion of Floyd has a lot to do with what I suspect him for. I'm not sure about Farnsworth.

Why do you feel good about LC and DH?
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You'd think MP would know how to hide his online status.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Lc and DH just seem like themselves and so I have no reason to suspect them at this time
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

bwt has not posted anything during the game right?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DharmaHelper wrote:You'd think MP would know how to hide his online status.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:You'd think MP would know how to hide his online status.
:mafia:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:bwt has not posted anything during the game right?
Speaking of the devil.
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

So two things:

1) After multiple attempts from multiple people, I had forgotten that this started almost a week ago. And none of those attempts reminded me to actually log in to check on what is happening until I randomly thought of doing so just now.

2) WHADDUP MY G'S?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Okay, so not a week, but I was reminded 3 days ago. I actually have no idea what I've missed and I'm confused as to how someone has died already.

I had a long work day today so I'm fading fast already. Does anyone have a Cliff Notes version of some major points so far?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

bwt did you vote to be in the Hatch?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Okay, so not a week, but I was reminded 3 days ago. I actually have no idea what I've missed and I'm confused as to how someone has died already.

I had a long work day today so I'm fading fast already. Does anyone have a Cliff Notes version of some major points so far?
Mac died, was bad.

Epi died, was Golden.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”