Host/dead/non
33%

Total votes: 15
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 15

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:I'm disappointed with the activity in here. Sig hasn't even posted, I'm thinking maybe we should just do the Main Thread a favour and lynch him today, to end the sig debate and get to start a little fresher on Day 3.
LC reasons for voting for me is the scummiest reason ever which gets him out of blame when I flip civ. So you should stop over half of the thread from making this decision to allow things to start fresher? This is even more foolish since Epi, a dead civ who caught a baddie, disagreed with my lynch.

What if I have a powerful civ role? What if I was silenced? There is no good reason for a civ to use this logic, this is again LC trying to go after a low hanging fruit who isn't around to defend himself. I'd also point out LC could get away with this and not incur any blame very easily, since he could just use the defense he already set up in the above post to get out of blame.

Long Con wrote:
FZ. wrote:LC's vote for Bea did strike me as fake...
I have to get ready and leave for work soon, so it's time to cast a real vote. The bea vote was actually fake. I thought, since votes are changeable, I'd make a fake case and see if I could catch any opportunistic baddies trying to latch on to it and follow the vote. It didn't really bear fruit; looking over BWT's reasons for voting bea, he is coming from a completely different angle. The truth is, bea's behaviour is pretty normal for her, and I don't suspect her much at all.

My real vote today will go to sig. Despite the reasonable explanation he had for my original suspicion of him (that he was crafting his posts too much, in a baddie way), I've found a few of his reactions suspicious. His reaction that I was "distancing" from him when I forgot he was the third player involved in an earlier discussion was bizarre, as was his assertion that I (and others) are "desperate to try and get him lynched".

sig, saying we're desperate to try and get you lynched strikes me in two ways, neither of them making me feel comfortable about you. On one hand, it's overdefensive and paranoid, and on the other, it's a way to buffalo us out of voting for you... because who wants to looks "desperate" to lynch someone on Day 1?

It's not much, but it's the behaviour I found most suspicious today, and it's time for me to lock in a vote.

Sorry for using you, bea! :haha:
This is one example that comes to mind right away of baddie LC trying to lynch me. It was in Talking Head and I was getting attacked for certain wording, LC very close to the end of the phase jumped on my bandwagon and voted for me and he ended up getting lynched the next phase and flipping mafia.
Long Con wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
sig wrote:
Matt F wrote:
sig wrote:...I understand it is Day 1 and we have little to go on but this seems kinda very weak.
Not sure how I feel about Rbz's theory, however, if you are civ, then shouldn't this read "...but this IS very weak" as opposed to "seems" and "kinda" ?

:shrug:

Also It could read is very weak, but it isn't very weak it just seems kinda weak. Writing is very weak is more confrontation in my opinion as well as implying it was meant to be weak. While seems kinda weak is just that is seems weak but it might not be.

This is quibbling over something very small, why if I'm civ would I right it the first way instead of the second way?
This might be small, but I've seen people get lynched for wordplay on Day 1 enough in the past.

Same as it ever was. :sigh:
I agree, in that Mafia have more need to "craft" their posts than Civvies. Sig's accidental reveal that he was going back over his post before posting it to make sure it's just right is a little suspicious to me.

I should also point out that I suspected LC based on very weird/gut reasoning, which I'm getting again here.

Another factor is that I don't think in a single game I've played with LC when he is a civ and he has never lynched me when we are both civs and someone gives weak reasoning. In fact he's defended me in the past agaisnt these accusations, I'm pretty sure this happened in BSG.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:Nice leading question, DH.
What was leading about it?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:What if Floyd is silenced?
Idk. He was here earlier today.

Floyd isn't a bad vote really. Kinda the same case as Sig in which I'd be OK with him being lynched for the sake of advancing discussion. My reason to vote Sig over Floyd is that Quin thing.
How would I or Floyd advance any discussion? We haven't posted enough to really make links, the only person who defended me was Epi who's dead.

Also who was it that tried to put suspicion on Epi after mac flipped? Anyone remember?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

LoRab wrote:I'm not seeing baddie LC, I don't think. At least he's not reading bad to me. I have an eye on him always, but for now I'm thinking he's civ.

I'm going to vote sig. Because I remember being suspish of him from posts of his in the main thread. And as folks have indicated that floyd has been seen in the thread but hasn't posted, so may be silenced.
Again why? You remember something vague that you can't name? It obviously didn't leave that big of an impression on you. Why are you assuming floyd was silenced where is your logic for this at all?

1. why would anyone pick Floyd who was super inactive
2. Couldn't the same be said for MP who saw the thread but didn't post at first?
3. Couldn't I have been silenced?
4. Why do we assuming if he was silenced that this is a mafia role? many games have a civ silencer.
5. How do you even justify this reasons? Not only is it very improbable there is a silencer or that they targeted floyd, we don't have access to half the thread! So we have no clue if someone there was silenced.

This stinks of a mafia member who silenced someone in the other thread and is using that as an excuse to direct the lynch/there vote. Or just a bandwagon vote.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Oh I'd also add on to Wilgy

Didn't you suspect Golden? If so why are you pursing someone who he was agaisnt? Espaiclly since he defended Mac.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I bet the beach is some boring shit compared to this thread, this here is the bomb.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Quin »

My internet keeps cutting out every time I go to post this. Maybe it's a sign.

I suspect LC now.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also if you wanna meander on over to JTM (jesus Toast Mafia) and take a look at this game
http://jesustoastmafia.com/index.php/topic,153.0.html

You'll see Long Con (who was mafia) doing the same thing he did in Talking Head and what he is kind off doing here, that's as mafia trying to lynch me, voting for me, or pushing my lycnh based on very weak non existent reasoning.

linki: Quin vote for LC with me. :beer:

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia has decided they want me gone, so be careful for any last minute weird votes from players. I wouldn't be shocked if we had some last minute vote changes to lynch me to save LC/floyd. Though I still do believe we have a better chance of lynching mafia if we go with LC.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

If Lorab could answer why she thinks I'm amfia and address my points that would be great, however I've gotta go now. I'll try to phone post, but I have school junk to do from now until past EOD. So it will vary just a quick summary.

Mafia LC in every game we've played has tried to lynch me for weak reasons.
Civ LC has almost never gone along with the lynch mob when we were both civs.
LC is giving very anti-civ reasons for his vote on me which doesn't fit within his normal civ behavior.
The other people who voted for/suspected me are
1. Lorab who can't remember why she thinks I'm mafia, but is still voting for me.
2. Golden, who defended MAc who flipped mafia, and who I believe tried to lay some groundwork for an Epi lynch.
3. I was the counterwagon to Mac day 1 who flipped mafia
4. Epi thought the theory agaisnt me wasn't good, which is the same reason people are voting me today
5. There was never a case or any semblance of a case for my lynch it was literally around smiles and me saying Scotty could be indy.
6. This is a typical reason for why I'm lynched and is a common reason for why the mafia tries to lynch me or joins my wagon.
7. I got lynched day 2 in GOC 2015 and I was the civ protector (guess what I gave my protection to LC who defended me and incidentally he was also a civ)
8. I can almost always read LC when he is mafia. Why? Since he always tries to lynch me.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sig. Changeable votes. You are overreacting. I am Civ. I was just trying to rev up the thread.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

vroom vroom

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

It takes me three or more tries of waiting minutes on minutes just to post. I'll be back closer to EoD, I just can't keep doing that for the next three hours. I am sorry.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

Sorsha wrote:That's Floyd being Floyd. That's how I explain it.
Yup.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

At work now. Can't post much. Look at the context, I was frustrated that there was nothing happening, so I made something happen. Sig, I have no case against you, please look at the context.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

LC aside from me who would you feel most confident in lynching?

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:I've got some suspicion of BR from main thread regarding her Mac posts & vote but I'm also eyeing LC and LoRab for entertaining the thought that Floyd might be silenced.
What if there is a target switcher? Or something else? At any rate, he hasn't posted, so the possibility is there, and I'd rather lynch someone for their content and not because they haven't posted--and I don't remember what floyd said in the other thread. People said he was in the thread and hadn't posted, which is often a sign of being silenced. So...
sig wrote:
LoRab wrote:I'm not seeing baddie LC, I don't think. At least he's not reading bad to me. I have an eye on him always, but for now I'm thinking he's civ.

I'm going to vote sig. Because I remember being suspish of him from posts of his in the main thread. And as folks have indicated that floyd has been seen in the thread but hasn't posted, so may be silenced.
Again why? You remember something vague that you can't name? It obviously didn't leave that big of an impression on you. Why are you assuming floyd was silenced where is your logic for this at all?

1. why would anyone pick Floyd who was super inactive
2. Couldn't the same be said for MP who saw the thread but didn't post at first?
3. Couldn't I have been silenced?
4. Why do we assuming if he was silenced that this is a mafia role? many games have a civ silencer.
5. How do you even justify this reasons? Not only is it very improbable there is a silencer or that they targeted floyd, we don't have access to half the thread! So we have no clue if someone there was silenced.

This stinks of a mafia member who silenced someone in the other thread and is using that as an excuse to direct the lynch/there vote. Or just a bandwagon vote.
1. I don't know. Because baddies target random people all the time so people ask why? Because the target was switched? Because shits and giggles? I don't know. But he has been seen in the thread and hasn't posted. That's really my only point. My bigger point is that I don't remember what he said, therefore I don't personally find him suspicious, therefore I don't want to vote for him.
2. MP isn't a player in this game, so I doubt he is silenced.
3. You hadn't been online, so it was less likely as you weren't seen lurking, as reported in the thread. Also, votes are changeable and you have now demonstrated that you're not silenced.
4. I haven't assumed that. Where did I assume that? How is that relevant? I don't like to vote for people who can't defend. It's part of my personal honor code.
5. Because ethics. There is a chance he is silenced, and based on that chance, I am choosing to not vote for him, on the chance that he cannot defend himself. Is that risky in that I'm not voting for a potential baddie, sure. But I also have no idea he is bad. And I have no recollection of what he did in the other thread. So I didn't vote for him. I don't just take other's people word for things and vote for people because they say so. That's not my style.

And I'm not assuming he is silenced. But I am recognizing there is a chance that he is.

My vote for you is because my suspicion of you started in the last lynch. It did make an impression on me. I just can't remember the specifics of what the post was and what pinged me. The fact that you are trying to discredit me makes you seem more suspicious to me. No, it didn't not leave that much of an impression on me. It did leave an impression--I remember that your post pinged me. In a normal circumstance, I'd look up your posts and quote it. That's not possible, so I can't. You are very nicely taking advantage that situation to discredit my suspicion and now paint me in a bad light for suspecting you. Nice switcheroo.

Neither a baddie vote, trying to direct anyone, or a bandwagon--just my suspecting you.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:Oh I'd also add on to Wilgy

Didn't you suspect Golden? If so why are you pursing someone who he was agaisnt? Espaiclly since he defended Mac.
Who am I pursing?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... While I have you all in confidence...

Wouldn't it be funny if all of us just voted Golden at the start of the day tomorrow? Lets do that, I wanna see the reaction.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:
sig wrote:Oh I'd also add on to Wilgy

Who am I pursing?
Never mind, I thought you were voting for me.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... While I have you all in confidence...

Wouldn't it be funny if all of us just voted Golden at the start of the day tomorrow? Lets do that, I wanna see the reaction.
Oh yeah we should do that for sure, just come in and without saying anything vote for him.

After we lynch LC today and he flips baddie. :beer:
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:BWT, Wilgy, sig, Sorsha, Floyd... those are the players that I feel most negative about in this here Hatch. BWT and Floyd are low-posters as I recall, maybe the lowest? Sorsha is down there as well. sig, I think some of his posts made me suspicious. I'd love to be able to look back over that one. And dear Wilgy... maybe I don't suspect Wilgy so much.

This doesn't need to be about low-posters yet though. 48 hours in this Hatch, right?
I found what triggered my tonal baddie read of you LC. Why am I your dear, cutie? What prompted this endearment you have of me?

Voting Floyd. #ties
Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by timmer »

Voted Floyd. He's had ample opportunity to post in non-game threads to indicate that he's silenced, and unless I'm missing it, he hasn't?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

oh no fam the lategame savebois

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

But what if Floyd is civ tho

Woukdn't that be a bitch and a half.

ImageImage
ImageImage
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Dry Flood »

Question received privately:

Is it okay to save thread information personally so that it may be used later for paraphrasing but not posted directly as a screenshot or a quote?

Answer: Yes. Go ahead and do as you like on your own, just be mindful of what you actually post. If anyone has further questions, please ask privately. Thanks.
Golden
Marmot
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That seems like a lot of work

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:But what if Floyd is civ tho

Woukdn't that be a bitch and a half.
So I'm at work, but da boss went home, so I can peek in a bit more. Can you give me the quickie sum up of the other vote-getters and why people think they are bad? I don't like how Floyd is reading and not trying to show he is silenced if he is, but if there is a decent case on one of the others I'll consider moving my vote.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:My vote is on LC for now because:

A) My original points from the first thread
B) His defensive reaction to the "Hm" posts
C) His MacDougall Vote
D) General vibes.
And sig's made a couple rather large posts re: LC but this quote is short and sweet and to the poing

Ah See I really dislike this post, LC literally names the two low posters/inactive players (floyd and BWT) and then the two players who came close to being lynched last phase, Wilgy and myself. He is going after low hanging fruit for sure.
I'll have to fish around for the sig stuff. Or you could.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

I voted LC
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Everything I'm seeing RE: Sig is "general vibes from the previous thread " or thereabouts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm... you know, that's actually pretty compelling, and definitely has more meat than Floyd not being here... changing my vote.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:I voted LC
Oh boy a tie.

Its poppin' off now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:Hmm... you know, that's actually pretty compelling, and definitely has more meat than Floyd not being here... changing my vote.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

My general vibes of sig in this thread are good
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Please stop. Can't defend myself right now, I'm at work. Please, I am sCiv, give me a chance to defend myself. At least I've been playing, if Floyd is not silence then he's not even playing. I deserve that at least. Give me a chance.

Voting Floyd
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:
timmer wrote:Hmm... you know, that's actually pretty compelling, and definitely has more meat than Floyd not being here... changing my vote.
Da fuq? Man, I can't keep posting I'm still technically working. Did I misunderstand? I thought the points you linked to re: LC were valid seeming???
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Da fuq? Man, I can't keep posting I'm still technically working. Did I misunderstand? I thought the points you linked to re: LC were valid seeming???
You broke the shortlived tie is all. :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I think DH just wants it to be a tie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh, lol, ok.
My siggie.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I think LC is mafia his posts are stinking of desperation. Also you did vote for me and say I should be lynched if I didn't show up and it wouldclean up the thread so I don't think it was to just encourage discussion. I think he thought I would be an easy target to lynch.
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This is going to be interesting. I'll switch my vote to Floyd.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I was too late to change my vote. I'd have jumped on the Floyd wagon.
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Spacedaisy »

Разделяй и властвуй
juliets wrote:Did Epi really get deactivated?
SokothQultuq wrote:I'm afraid so.
juliets wrote:That's awful! Can't we do anything?
SokothQultuq wrote:I'd be hesitant to restore his account until we have flushed out all the hackers.
Ricochet wrote:I agree with Sokoth, we should leave Epi's account deactivated until we finish this business up. Otherwise they might return and pick back up where they left off. It would be best if we leave all the accounts deactivated until we know the hackers are gone and the site is secure again. If we don't we could unintentionally give them a foothold.
juliets wrote:But what if someone gets deactivated and the account turns up clean?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sokoth and Rico are right. If we allow an account to be reactivated that was clean, it might give the hackers a place to hide if we reactivate. Once an account is deactivated, we need to leave it that way.
Golden wrote:So what you're saying is "Dead is dead." :p
thellama73 wrote:RIP Epignosis.
S~V~S wrote: :rolleyes: No one is dead. We can reactivate him once the game is done.
Dom wrote:Looks like Soneji might be the next deactivated account.
Spacedaisy wrote:Let's hope it turns out as well as Day 1's result...
SokothQultuq wrote:Well, here we go. Deactivating the account now, will report my findings shortly.
Soneji has been lynched. Upon inspection of his account, it was found to be clean of any infiltration.
His role was....

Donald Trump (RED vs BLUE)

You are Donald J. Trump from RED vs. BLUE Mafia. You are a civilian. Win the game by eliminating all threats to your faction.

Two other civilians in this game serve as your sycophants unknowingly. During each night phase, you may elect to use one of your sycophants (you will identify them simply as #1 and #2). All hostile night actions targeted upon you will be redirected to the selected sycophant. This will have no impact upon you during the day phase. Thanks to your wealth you begin the game with 3 bath tokens. You may spend them together or separately during any night phases.
It is now Night 2.
You have twenty four hours to send your PMs in to 2016 GoC.
Please be aware, you may only target players in the same location as you with your night powers.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Why to both of you?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

It's delicious. It's so yummy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Donald Trump as a civvie

Yeah right good prank.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sorsha wrote:Why to both of you?
I'll tell you, but in a minute

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I wanted to give him the chance to defend himself. He's earned that more than Floyd has.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch [Night 2]

Post by timmer »

I'm so confused. Was Floyd lynched? Why did you guys move your votes?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Simple really. It's only Day 2. The Floyd was either silenced or disinterested in playing. And the best case against LC will be made in the main thread if he is actually bad.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”