Host/dead/non
33%

Total votes: 15
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 31

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Hatch

Post by timmer »

MacDougall got called out for matching his baddie early game meta, got lynched aND was indeed bad. We have note separated into two groups based on the night poll.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DharmaHelper »

And I have a brilliant, foolproof plan to catch baddies which is currently in its 2nd-3rd phase.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh and you can buy items with bath tokens but I'm not sure how that works because I have no tokens and when I asked the hosts how I get them they just shrugged.
My siggie.
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 25

Post by DrWilgy »

Epi died.

Shame. He will be missed.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

LoRab wrote:OK, agreed with all who stated above that it's really annoying to not be able to see the main thread, in order to see what was said previously. As is obvious, I suspect Wilgy, although less so than Day 1, based on lynch result--knowing that mafia has game-related roles (or at least some mafia), the slip seems less likely to be a slip. That said, his defense still doesn't sit right. And I still don't like that he never answered my question about why he automatically went to the conclsion that the first player to post about being from a game was lying about what game they were from, and what motivation he thinks they would have for lying about what game they were from.

I also suspect sig. Suspicion of him has been brought up a few times. He had one post that definitely pinged me and I didn't mention it at the time because I had cut and pasted a bunch of quotes and then lost them and didn't get around to going back to getting them all again and needed to get on with posting. And I don't remember exactly what it was or why it pinged me. And I realize that isn't at all helpful. And I really wish I could go back and reread his posts now. Dammit.
Highlighted above: How many people do you remember stating something about the main thread?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DrWilgy wrote:Epi died.

Shame. He will be missed.
Missed? No I'm pretty sure I was right on target.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Shout out to poppin' caps in wells.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

OK wtf, the people I wanna vote for aren't on the list.

I quit.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I see 3 mentions about the main thread before she posted that?
My siggie.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

There are other threads?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

O shit. This is an actual new thread. I didn't catch up in the old one :-(
Image Image Image
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

timmer wrote:I see 3 mentions about the main thread before she posted that?
I see one.....
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:
I see one.....
Well, I mentioned it twice before her, so twice, but I am one person.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:
LoRab wrote:OK, agreed with all who stated above .

Highlighted above: How many people do you remember stating something about the main thread?

Wasn't counting. In reading, I noticed it more than once. And, just for fun, just went back to look. Only 2--you and LC. And you mentioned it more than once. Really, was just noting that it had been mentioned more than 1 time and not mentally noting who had said it.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sorsha wrote:
I see one.....
You mentioned not being able to see the main thread twice, and lc made a comment about sif and wanting to read that over in the other thread?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Zero twirl emojis LoRab is mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Exactly.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Have the sites settings changed somehow? I'm not getting the linki effect when I post and because of it I'm sometimes not noticing pays above mine. Is this new, or something im doing?
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:Have the sites settings changed somehow? I'm not getting the linki effect when I post and because of it I'm sometimes not noticing pays above mine. Is this new, or something im doing?
It happens to me all the time. I think it's more likely to be a bug than anything.

Can you dumb down your beef with LoRab for me? I'm not following.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Pays=posts, stupid phone.

I don't have a beef with lorab but I think Sorsha does.
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

timmer wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
I see one.....
You mentioned not being able to see the main thread twice, and lc made a comment about sif and wanting to read that over in the other thread?
Well this was about being annoyed that the other thread couldn't be seen, I don't see that from LC. Doesn't really matter anyway since I mentioned it twice and I can see how it would appear as more them one player brought it up.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sorry, what's this then?
timmer wrote:Exactly.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DharmaHelper wrote:Zero twirl emojis LoRab is mafia.
I stopped twirling as much several games ago. :lorab:
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Oh. I follow you now.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So am I remembering right about the prof that someone said he had posted quite a bit to talk about dh's plan but never really posted anything about suspicions?

Prof? Where are you at in terms of suspicions?

@Quin lorab answered the same as me we both posted about seeing 3 instances of mentioning the other thread etc. I was acknowledging that.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hmm now linki is back.
My siggie.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote:OK, agreed with all who stated above that it's really annoying to not be able to see the main thread, in order to see what was said previously. As is obvious, I suspect Wilgy, although less so than Day 1, based on lynch result--knowing that mafia has game-related roles (or at least some mafia), the slip seems less likely to be a slip. That said, his defense still doesn't sit right. And I still don't like that he never answered my question about why he automatically went to the conclsion that the first player to post about being from a game was lying about what game they were from, and what motivation he thinks they would have for lying about what game they were from.
There could be countless motivations for a player to come out lying. As mafia to look contributory, to draw information, or even set up the long con. As civilian, to start discussion w/o revealing too much info, to safely check and see if others would like to mass role claim, bait baddies to reveal info.

Also it wasn't just the fact that he was first, it was that he claimed a game that we all knew existed from the purchasable items. I did already explain this and im not going to go in circles. Your persistent suspicion of me without knowing this is not a good look.
Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin, who would you list as potential baddies from our group?
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:Quin, who would you list as potential baddies from our group?
Among those I mentioned in my reply to DH.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ahh thanks.
My siggie.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Timmer, why was Quin a contender for your vote?
Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorsha wrote:bwt did you vote to be in the Hatch?
Nope. My first posts tonight are the first thing I've done in this game. Heck, I hadn't checked into the site for several weeks honestly.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DrWilgy wrote:Timmer, why was Quin a contender for your vote?
Without my posts from earlier, I can't remember for sure. I read all of day 1 in a single block and pasted as I went so I could reference it all and now it is gone.

I do remember that quin was one of the people who quickly pOsted about how mac had a game listed in his role but that wasn't the main thing.

I honestly can't remember lol. This is why we have post histories for those of us with really poor short term memory.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:
There could be countless motivations for a player to come out lying. As mafia to look contributory, to draw information, or even set up the long con. As civilian, to start discussion w/o revealing too much info, to safely check and see if others would like to mass role claim, bait baddies to reveal info.

Also it wasn't just the fact that he was first, it was that he claimed a game that we all knew existed from the purchasable items. I did already explain this and im not going to go in circles. Your persistent suspicion of me without knowing this is not a good look.
Really just annoyed that I asked you a direct question in the last round that you never answered. Now you have. Sorry if direct questions annoy you.

I'm not sure I truly understand your thinking, but I accept that it is your thinking. And my challenge with it is that it was the first. I understand the second or third person claiming, as it's already been established that people are saying what games they are from. It seems more likely to me that a baddie would just not say what game they are from until it's a thing that people are saying what games they are from. I think this may be a matter of different ways of thinking. As I said, you've moved down on my suspicion list. If there were a full game list, you'd probably be negligible by now.

Sorry you think that asking questions isn't a good look. Since, that's kind of how I learn things.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:
Without my posts from earlier, I can't remember for sure. I read all of day 1 in a single block and pasted as I went so I could reference it all and now it is gone.

I do remember that quin was one of the people who quickly pOsted about how mac had a game listed in his role but that wasn't the main thing.

I honestly can't remember lol. This is why we have post histories for those of us with really poor short term memory.
I 'member.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:

I 'member.
Quin, why did I suspect you, lol?
My siggie.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote:
Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:

I 'member.
You thought that mentioning that I thought DH was luring a night kill was fishy.
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oh yeah! Yes I didn't like that.
My siggie.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

Really just annoyed that I asked you a direct question in the last round that you never answered. Now you have. Sorry if direct questions annoy you.

I'm not sure I truly understand your thinking, but I accept that it is your thinking. And my challenge with it is that it was the first. I understand the second or third person claiming, as it's already been established that people are saying what games they are from. It seems more likely to me that a baddie would just not say what game they are from until it's a thing that people are saying what games they are from. I think this may be a matter of different ways of thinking. As I said, you've moved down on my suspicion list. If there were a full game list, you'd probably be negligible by now.

Sorry you think that asking questions isn't a good look. Since, that's kind of how I learn things.
It doesn't annoy me, what annoys me is circle questions that have already been answered. I must've missed your question earlier when asked, but I know it was already explained.

Asking questions isn't what makes it a bad look, more so asking questions that have already been answered by your top suspect. It makes your suspicion not feel genuine as I don't think you've read your suspect. I do acknowledge that I have missed some posts from you, so who are you suspicious of besides me (they do not need to be in hatch)?
Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:
Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:

I 'member.
You thought that mentioning that I thought DH was luring a night kill was fishy.
This is why not having the main thread blows. I can't judge this for myself. Quin, do you think Timmer's suspicion is genuine?
Image Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Yeah, I do. It definitely wasn't the brightest idea on my part. I will say though that I didn't intend on doing it initially, but DH asked me for my thoughts, so I gave them.
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Does anyone remember if Floyd came back or addressed the suspicions against him in the main thread?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I actually have no memory of what Floyd said, but I do remember that there was suspicion of him.

I'm kinda at a halt here. The people I was most suspicious of were Golden, Made, Scotty and Prisoner... Maybe SVS. Did SVS state that she was suspicious of anyone other than me?
Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

DrWilgy wrote:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:

It doesn't annoy me, what annoys me is circle questions that have already been answered. I must've missed your question earlier when asked, but I know it was already explained.

Asking questions isn't what makes it a bad look, more so asking questions that have already been answered by your top suspect. It makes your suspicion not feel genuine as I don't think you've read your suspect. I do acknowledge that I have missed some posts from you, so who are you suspicious of besides me (they do not need to be in hatch)?
Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:
Quin wrote:
timmer wrote:

I 'member.
This is why not having the main thread blows. I can't judge this for myself. Quin, do you think Timmer's suspicion is genuine?
You hadn't actually answered the question I was asking. Which is why I was asking it. You've sort of answered it now, and I'm pretty srue you've answered it as well as you're going to, as you don't seem to be getting the essence of what I'm actually asking, as opposed to what you've already said. But it's not a think I'm overly worried about. Just a difference in how we understand the game. And I'm satisfied enough for the moment.

And you can read my posts and see who else I'm suspicious of. I do't have that many posts in this thread.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

By the way Floyd was reading the thread about an hour ago. His lack of posting now becomes more of an issue when I know he has been here, knows he is in the hatch, and chose to say nothing. It suggests eother complete ennui or he's hanging in btsc somewhere. Either way it doesn't look good.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Wilgy I remember svs maybe commenting here and there on others such as maybe sig? But I think she remained focused on you for the most part. Hard to be sure though
My siggie.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DrWilgy wrote:I actually have no memory of what Floyd said, but I do remember that there was suspicion of him.

I'm kinda at a halt here. The people I was most suspicious of were Golden, Made, Scotty and Prisoner... Maybe SVS. Did SVS state that she was suspicious of anyone other than me?
Took a joke seriously and voted off of it.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

DrWilgy wrote:I actually have no memory of what Floyd said, but I do remember that there was suspicion of him.

Also... I don't remember who else SVS suspected. She didn't want to lynch Mac based off of meta though.
timmer wrote:By the way Floyd was reading the thread about an hour ago. His lack of posting now becomes more of an issue when I know he has been here, knows he is in the hatch, and chose to say nothing. It suggests eother complete ennui or he's hanging in btsc somewhere. Either way it doesn't look good.
I kinda agree... but is it strange for Floyd to do this?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I have no idea. I don't remember much about Floyd at all.
My siggie.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Thus far, BR, Professor Farnsworth, Sig, and Floyd haven't posted yet. Yes?

Just to track if someone is silenced....or someone is pretending to be.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

LoRab wrote:Thus far, BR, Professor Farnsworth, Sig, and Floyd haven't posted yet. Yes?

Just to track if someone is silenced....or someone is pretending to be.
I would hope that silencing wouldn't be a thing in a scenario where we are split into groups.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”