Total votes: 19
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach [Night 2]

Post by Marmot »

Are you deliberately misunderstanding me Donna?

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I asked the hosts a bunch of questions about the state of the game and the Hatch. I got a lot of ambiguous answers. I don't think the hosts know what's going on at all or what they're doing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I asked the hosts a bunch of questions about the state of the game and the Hatch. I got a lot of ambiguous answers. I don't think the hosts know what's going on at all or what they're doing.
Maybe the spirit is confusing them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach

Post by Akemi Homura »

Donna Meagle wrote:bea - bad
boomslang - good
cheerleader - indi/whocares/good? idk what's going on
donna - supatown
golden - good
john coltrane - good
juliets - good
made - good
mm89 - good
prisoner - good
llama - good
scotty - good
soneji - good (tbh bc i missed the case on him and am very tired)
svs - good

:sigh:
This is just a reminder that Donna only came up with one GTH bad read in our group.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach

Post by juliets »

John Coltrane wrote:I'm here for a bit, mostly (and, unfortunately, skimming, as I meant to read more last night since I knew I'd be busy this evening).
juliets wrote: I have moved away from Coltrane but he does only have 3 posts as someone just pointed out and in his last post he seemed angry and then gave up. I'm not wild about that but I guess it doesn't mean he's bad.
Sorry for not responding right away, juliets - I was irritated last night and needed to step away. I'll respond to this:
juliets wrote:John, it would be helpful to me if you would just remind me of what things you said in the main thread. You're right that low contribution doesn't mean no contribution it's just that nothing stands out to me. So maybe just a short synopsis of what your suspicions or thoughts were would be helpful. Thanks.
And wow, it's a lot harder to remember even my own posts from a thread I can't check. Basically, I threw out three suspicions: Mac, sig, and Epi as a tinfoil because I believed him to be steering the thread. Now that Epi's been NK'ed, I wish I could look back more at who exactly I saw being steered and voting every which way he went. I eventually settled on Mac because I liked the meta argument more than anything else, knowing I'd be last on the train.

Someone said my vote was a "useless" vote at the end of a train, but I would disagree, for sure - we don't know about manipulations or anything of the sort, so having a large majority lead on one person is helpful. Also, I'd be called out whether or not I voted Mac (at the end of a train or on sig instead), so there's that. But I digress.

Here's what I like so far being said in this thread:

1) I find Scotty's comments on Prisoner regarding his/her disinterest in The Process compelling if, indeed, there is a Process role. The Process would be one to say that Cheerleader is not much to be looked at at this moment :shifty: Then again, I can also empathize with Prisoner's sentiments - I'm almost always inclined to ignore the "buzzing" of these random additions. Then again (yes, again), it IS the GoC, so this is less likely to be an annoyance and more likely to be something not to ignore.

2) This:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Because you guys are following Golden's vote around, you being the primary one.

Question to everyone on the beach: who would you lynch if everyone was on the poll and not just the Sand-Surfers?
I'd probably still go with Sig, but I'm increasingly comfortable with my vote for Soneji.
Does it make a difference to you that Soneji voted for sig on Day 1?

Linki: I'll read you later.
Easy distancing perhaps? People voting for each other in a thread with changeable votes doesn't mean much for gauging connection.

Linki @Prisoner. OK.

I have said what she did, but am happy to do so again. In the other thread, she made one big post where she said she felt Made and Wilgy were getting a bad rap. She did this without pointing fingers at anyone who might be giving them a bad rap, though. Then she wrote several sentences saying nothing, and said that she felt OK about me, LC and (???). "Same old same old" kind of thing. No negative opinions, or even remotely critical, about anyone. Bea and I have a long history. I want to know where she is at. So far I am not sure she is at the same place I am. I am not sure she has expressed even one remote suspect. Bea is always polite, but Bea does not shrink from speaking her mind, even if it is in a very passive way.

Bea is a huge question mark for me.
Poor bea has been sick, but this reminds me of another game (for the life of me, I can't remember, nor do I really want to look for/reveal in order not to risk my identity being more obvious :p ), but the last game I played with her, this is the same sort of behavior she exhibited when bad - not offering much solid opinion. It's always hard to vote bea, since she's just so friggin' nice. But I'm most compelled in that direction today, mostly because I'm tired and was thinking about voting her for these reasons earlier today, anyway.

3) Also this:
thellama73 wrote:
Prisoner 27385 wrote:Is there more to the Soneji case than his denouncement of meta-analysis? Because I can't vote for him if that's it.
There's a little more to it. I initially noticed Soneji for his avoidance of mentioning Macdougall, even when he was the central topic of discussion. The meta comment combined with that observation to form my suspicion, as I think baddies often forget to talk about one another.
Same reason for bea, same reason to look at Prisoner (except this is more compelling, as Macdougall is confirmed baddie. Avoidance. May also vote here.

Other thoughts:

1) Perhaps Golden keeps changing his vote in order to get discussion going on those people, rather than actually placing the vote? Since he appears to be silenced? I kinda wish I'd been around in real time to see his switches, but y'all are doing a good job of commenting when he moves, so...

Okay, actually, I keep seeing linki and want to post, and also I see votes. This is the first free moment I've had all day, so sorry for the delay! Gonna put the vote on Soneji at this time.
John, I just wanted to ask you about this post. In it you say you felt most compelled to vote bea but you ended up voting for Soneji. What was it that convinced you to go with him in the end over bea? If you want to wait until day to answer I'm fine with that I just wanted to ask before we don't have access to the post anymore.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”