26%

Total votes: 19
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:That's assuming no vote manipulation, which I shouldn't do.
Lol
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Thundercat »

Made wrote:
Donna Meagle wrote:
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:
Boomslang wrote: Llama's case on Soneji seems the most solid out of anything so far. Omitting the lynchee from discussion while questioning the judgment used to lynch him is textbook indirect mafia support. I also don't like Soneji quickly jumping to "You didn't see me defend Mac, did you?" when talking about his distrust of meta. That seemed to me to be ahead of llama's questioning. Doth protest too much. And whoa, Soneji saying "As for a GTH, everyone is bad in my eyes until they flip otherwise" is just a tremendous cop-out of responsibility. Could at least say he didn't have time or just ignore the request altogether. And there's some snarky sarcasm that doesn't read right.
The tone reads consistent through Soneji's post. Regardless, this is kinda big. I can think of reasons not to give reads, Soneji, but what are yours? Do you actually think everyone in here is bad?

linki- polls ends at like 8 EST
it says 6 for me
juliets wrote:Donna, my point about your memory is you did not post much in the other thread and I would expect you to remember if you had a post with llama's name in it whether you suspected him or were responding to him. I remember a lot of things from the other thread though not everything. I certainly remember who I suspected and I would expect you to too.
I didn't mean to imply that I suspected Llama. I suspected sig.
Yo, while i have you, GTH?
uhhh i don't like gth but sure why not hold on.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 57

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:Well now if Soneji comes in and puts his vote where he ought to, we've got a tie, and ties (if I remember correctly) are resolved randomly. Are we cool with putting things in the hands of a coin?
If it's random between the two that most people suspect I am OK with it. I could see the reasons for voting for either.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

bea - bad
boomslang - good
cheerleader - indi/whocares/good? idk what's going on
donna - supatown
golden - good
john coltrane - good
juliets - good
made - good
mm89 - good
prisoner - good
llama - good
scotty - good
soneji - good (tbh bc i missed the case on him and am very tired)
svs - good

:sigh:
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Donna goes 1 baddie to 13 townies. Interesting.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Donna, I see your response to me re: your post. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for explaining.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I take it this means Donna thinks the baddies decided to all hang out in the Hatch today.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

While we're here, how might the baddies have wanted to split themselves up today (again, assuming they knew what the poll was for)? If they all pile into one thread they can ensure that none of them get lynched, while a bunch of townies in the other group are left to scramble and fight over a doomed lynch.
whoa, I hope that didn't happen.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:I take it this means Donna thinks the baddies decided to all hang out in the Hatch today.
not really

i think there are more. I'm just clueless as to who they are.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think that depends on how big the bad team is. Less than five maybe. Five or more they split up. Those of us who played at RM will have played split thread games and I would guess one of the baddies probably has this experience.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That was at the Prisoner
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I feel like there'd be too much risk in piling the entire team into one thread. Once a few pieces start to fall in that scenario, it becomes obvious what the strategy was. I'm more inclined to think they split themselves up semi-evenly. It is worth noting that we are the larger group (we also would have had Epi).
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

They wouldn't want to miss out on what was discussed here id assume?
Pov: you reading my takes
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:They wouldn't want to miss out on what was discussed here id assume?
Yeah, a split team probably makes the most sense. It is fun to imagine them trying the full-team gambit though. That'd be hilarious.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Spacedaisy »

Разделяй и властвуй
juliets wrote:Did Epi really get deactivated?
SokothQultuq wrote:I'm afraid so.
juliets wrote:That's awful! Can't we do anything?
SokothQultuq wrote:I'd be hesitant to restore his account until we have flushed out all the hackers.
Ricochet wrote:I agree with Sokoth, we should leave Epi's account deactivated until we finish this business up. Otherwise they might return and pick back up where they left off. It would be best if we leave all the accounts deactivated until we know the hackers are gone and the site is secure again. If we don't we could unintentionally give them a foothold.
juliets wrote:But what if someone gets deactivated and the account turns up clean?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sokoth and Rico are right. If we allow an account to be reactivated that was clean, it might give the hackers a place to hide if we reactivate. Once an account is deactivated, we need to leave it that way.
Golden wrote:So what you're saying is "Dead is dead." :p
thellama73 wrote:RIP Epignosis.
S~V~S wrote: :rolleyes: No one is dead. We can reactivate him once the game is done.
Dom wrote:Looks like Soneji might be the next deactivated account.
Spacedaisy wrote:Let's hope it turns out as well as Day 1's result...
SokothQultuq wrote:Well, here we go. Deactivating the account now, will report my findings shortly.
Soneji has been lynched. Upon inspection of his account, it was found to be clean of any infiltration.
His role was....

Donald Trump (RED vs BLUE)

You are Donald J. Trump from RED vs. BLUE Mafia. You are a civilian. Win the game by eliminating all threats to your faction.

Two other civilians in this game serve as your sycophants unknowingly. During each night phase, you may elect to use one of your sycophants (you will identify them simply as #1 and #2). All hostile night actions targeted upon you will be redirected to the selected sycophant. This will have no impact upon you during the day phase. Thanks to your wealth you begin the game with 3 bath tokens. You may spend them together or separately during any night phases.
It is now Night 2.
You have twenty four hours to send your PMs in to 2016 GoC.
Please be aware, you may only target players in the same location as you with your night powers.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach [Night 2]

Post by juliets »

Well damn. Sorry guys and sorry soneji.

Looks like we're spending the night together.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

well that sucks. rip
Pov: you reading my takes
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

It seems we are still here. I suspect/hope we'll return to the main thread at the start of Day 3.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

and cheerleader's vote seems to have counted.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Golden »

Hi guys, I'm back. Of course I wasn't faking, as though I could be that patient for two days.

I was doing everything I could to protect Soneji. I was sure he was civ and really didn't like the case on him, but couldn't exactly communicate it. Juliets is by far the worst of the voters in my view. She was right on - soneji talked about 'meta is a crutch' in response to me trying to find out who the socks were so I could rely on their meta, and he is not the person who would ever participate in gth (can you imagine epi being lynched for not participating in gth???). The case was really weak for me and so was juliets flip.

On the other hand, how Trump is a civilian is beyond me.

I agree with everyone that we had no good options though, just the best we could do. Bea may well be civ as well.

I'll try and catch up with thoughts on other things. So bummed I was silenced.

Let's hope sig was lynched over at the hatch.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry Soneji
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:Hi guys, I'm back. Of course I wasn't faking, as though I could be that patient for two days.

I was doing everything I could to protect Soneji. I was sure he was civ and really didn't like the case on him, but couldn't exactly communicate it. Juliets is by far the worst of the voters in my view. She was right on - soneji talked about 'meta is a crutch' in response to me trying to find out who the socks were so I could rely on their meta, and he is not the person who would ever participate in gth (can you imagine epi being lynched for not participating in gth???). The case was really weak for me and so was juliets flip.

On the other hand, how Trump is a civilian is beyond me.

I agree with everyone that we had no good options though, just the best we could do. Bea may well be civ as well.

I'll try and catch up with thoughts on other things. So bummed I was silenced.

Let's hope sig was lynched over at the hatch.
Yeah as it turns out my analysis of his meta was good I guess. No comfort in that though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

RIP epi.

I actually liked Made asking people who they thought would be lynched in the other thread, and thought this had an awful lot of GTH potential, and it was another thing I wished I could have said. Talking about that towards the end of the day might have helped distinguishing between people who acted awkwardly because they had inside knowledge from their teammates, and people who had no idea. I never voted Made because I thought that this whole mindset seemed town to me.

I was also playing gth by moving my vote around. I wanted to be clear who I would be willing to vote.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:Yeah as it turns out my analysis of his meta was good I guess. No comfort in that though.
It was bang on. I have to figure out if it's just bad luck, or a bad look, on you. You also suspected bea, and I really don't understand why you turned around on soneji when you had a suspect on the board. Can you explain what pushed you away from voting bea?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Golden wrote:RIP epi.

I actually liked Made asking people who they thought would be lynched in the other thread, and thought this had an awful lot of GTH potential, and it was another thing I wished I could have said. Talking about that towards the end of the day might have helped distinguishing between people who acted awkwardly because they had inside knowledge from their teammates, and people who had no idea. I never voted Made because I thought that this whole mindset seemed town to me.

I was also playing gth by moving my vote around. I wanted to be clear who I would be willing to vote.
One thing to note is that if Bea is civilian as well then there was no need at all for a baddie to flip like that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:
Golden wrote:RIP epi.

One thing to note is that if Bea is civilian as well then there was no need at all for a baddie to flip like that.
I'm not 100% sure on the timing of juliet beginning her slip on her soneji read, but I think I probably agree.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:
juliets wrote:Yeah as it turns out my analysis of his meta was good I guess. No comfort in that though.
It was bang on. I have to figure out if it's just bad luck, or a bad look, on you. You also suspected bea, and I really don't understand why you turned around on soneji when you had a suspect on the board. Can you explain what pushed you away from voting bea?
Yes. I truly believe she is sick and I know (because I know what she does for a living) her work situation was bad so I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. In my mind Soneji refusing to give us reads was like bea not giving us reads so it was six of one, half dozen of the other and I gave the botd to bea. Also, I began to doubt he was telling the truth when he said his comment about meta was directed at you and not at the situation with Mac. Ironically reading back over Soneji's posts convinced me that my meta analysis was not as important as the evidence I was seeing in the thread. My original analysis as it turns out looks like it was right on point.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I feel bad but I will say in my defense it would be pretty dumb to do a meta analysis that was on point and then flip and vote that person if I knew they were good.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I agree bea wouldn't fake being sick. I wondered if part of your vote was because you find it hard to vote for bea.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:I agree bea wouldn't fake being sick. I wondered if part of your vote was because you find it hard to vote for bea.
I find it hard to vote for her when she's sick and overworked at the same time, however, if Soneji had given us some reads I would have voted for her. It was his refusal that Booms pointed out that put me over the edge.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

The other vote I don't really like is llama. Llama pushed it in this direction and I had difficulty buying his reasoning. On the other hand, llama successfully took down Mac in similar fashion.

SVS, can you explain why you suspected marmot? I couldn't work that out. He seemed civ as civ could be after he nailed Mac's meta, to me.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I am sorry you died soneji. I promise to play my heart out going forward. I swear my lack of substance was the 1-2 punch of work and sick. I'm slowly on the mend though. And I drained the battery out of my phone twice today trying to keep up at work.

Oh - yea - that said, my phone is sketchy as eff lately. Battery life isn't lasting for jack. So during the day while I'm at work, it's an issue I've been struggling with for more reasons than just mafia.

I am happy you are not silenced anymore Golden. happy belated birthday here btw!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@golden i hated how he wanted to talk about the other thread and not this one. I said that when I voted for him.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

bea, I know it's night but are you ready to give some reads? I really stuck my neck out and changed my vote from you to give you a chance to give us something.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Bah. Shitty result. RIP Soneji

I don't think juliets looks terrible here. I believe she had a tough decision.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:@golden i hated how he wanted to talk about the other thread and not this one. I said that when I voted for him.
How do you feel about his role in the Mac thing? Did you forget about how responsible he was for that, when you voted him? Or do you think it isn't a very persuasive argument for him being good? Or was your vote more symbolic about his content than being fully convinced he was bad?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

reads as near as I have them.

And please understand JC, it's not refusal to give them so much as feeling that they are not based on anything as I did miss so much in the other thread.

People I feel are civ pretty solidly at this point:
Juliets
Golden
SVS
Priz

People I think are probably civ, but could still trick me:

llama
scotty
made
boom

People I'm never sure what I think of:

Marshmellow. IDK. I want him to be civ. He has been on my "read like LC" path for a while now. I always want him to be good, I always expect him to be bad.

People I've not seen enough of to have much of an opinion:

John Coltrane. Though I do adore his music and I have to admit, his last post was pretty rad as well.

Donna Meagle. I'm trying to read past the Meagle role play and get to the message. I just haven't had enough experience here yet.

Does that help at all Juliets? (I will also try to call you that instead of JC as the Coltrane issue. )
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I have the identity of every sock but the prisoner certain now, and that helps me read them. The prisoner could still be one of four people, and I'm not sure I can narrow it down.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I have the identity of every sock but the prisoner certain now, and that helps me read them. The prisoner could still be one of four people, and I'm not sure I can narrow it down.
I am ultra sure of who the Prisoner isv :cloud9:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:On the bright side, I'm pretty sure I have the identity of every sock but the prisoner certain now, and that helps me read them. The prisoner could still be one of four people, and I'm not sure I can narrow it down.
I am ultra sure of who the Prisoner isv :cloud9:
Are you sure of others? I have one person that I'm at about 85% on with the prisoner, the other three are more like conceivable alternate options.

Do you think it's wise to share? I do. But I'm open to other opinions. They are likely not able to say who they are, but otherwise this appears entirely within the rules.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:@golden i hated how he wanted to talk about the other thread and not this one. I said that when I voted for him.
How do you feel about his role in the Mac thing? Did you forget about how responsible he was for that, when you voted him? Or do you think it isn't a very persuasive argument for him being good? Or was your vote more symbolic about his content than being fully convinced he was bad?
Back down with the righteous indignation cowboy. I don't recall what every person said in the other thread. I was judging based on THIS thread and in THIS thread I was not impressed.

Linki Prisoner Donna an Coltrane I am sure about.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks bea. What I was more looking for was who you think might be bad. Are you saying you think Marshmallow might be bad?

lots o'linki

Golden, I know it would help me with reads if I knew who the socks were. I'm pretty sure I know Donna and Farnsworth but I'm completely unsure about Prisoner and Coltrane. I'll be fine though if the group thinks we shouldn't share - I just like to meta read (obviously).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also bea I get what you are saying about not having much info from the other thread. You can only do what you can do.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think saying who is who we think are the socks would be disrespectful to the hosts and the players behind the socks.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:I think saying who is who we think are the socks would be disrespectful to the hosts and the players behind the socks.
I can live with that. I don't think I've played much with the prisoner given his sources don't know much about me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think it's disrespectful to the hosts. This is an infodumping game. It's designed for this.

If the socks object to people guessing their identities, I'll hold off.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I want people to do what they must to figure out the game as long as no rules are being broken. No idea what this conversation is about though.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I don't think it's disrespectful to the hosts. This is an infodumping game. It's designed for this.

Do you want my guesses then?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:I don't think it's disrespectful to the hosts. This is an infodumping game. It's designed for this.

Do you want my guesses then?
I think your guess for each person who says they are ok with it, so it looks like we can do prisoner.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:Thanks bea. What I was more looking for was who you think might be bad. Are you saying you think Marshmallow might be bad?

lots o'linki

Golden, I know it would help me with reads if I knew who the socks were. I'm pretty sure I know Donna and Farnsworth but I'm completely unsure about Prisoner and Coltrane. I'll be fine though if the group thinks we shouldn't share - I just like to meta read (obviously).
I am saying I don't trust him in general half as far as I can see him. And I always hope he is good. So yes, he's like LC. He could be bad I really hope he isn't. I haven't had enough time yet. I haven't had enough time with everyone on the list who is not "I'm pretty sure is civ."

I know it's been frustrating for you guys to remember back to the other thread, it's been tripley frustrating for me. I suck at day 1 reads. Remember, I would random Day 1 more often than not because of lack of info? This was a close quarters Day 1 for me. With people whom I now have stockholms syndrome with.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”