Host/dead/non
26%

Total votes: 19
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 57

Re: 2016 Game of Champions - Beach

Post by S~V~S »

Now see, this is the kind of post I remembered that you made in the other thread, Coltrane.

We have a guy who plays here. He is a straight shooter, but he is famously blendy, good or bad. But when he does say something it's well thought out. You remind me of him.

Won't be voting for you.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

John, thank you for your post, I feel better about you now.

I'm interested in the Soneji votes. Maybe my meta analysis on him was off as so many of you are seeing a baddie soneji. I really thought his "meta as a crutch post" came in the middle of the Mac lynch and not after a Golden post but I have no way to see that. I won't argue against a lynch there since there are obviously some strong feelings about it.

S~V~S - how are you feeling about bea's posts? I wish she had named some suspicions in the times she has posted today.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Gth for other group per request of juliets
Civvie: DH, LC trimmer wilgy
Baddie: br sig professor Sorsha Floyd and lorab

Svs- I don't think you're silly, I think you're one of the best players on this site. That said, while weird, I'd argue that memory has little to say about allighnment. I hope we agree to disagree at least on that point.

Scotty- I just felt at that moment you could of gotten a few votes, I really don't have a reason other than gut. I thought the thread night 0 was heading that direction
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

But out of my room ATM getting food, when I return will say things more relevant to today
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Donna Meagle I see you voted for bea without explaining. Could you tell us why you voted for her?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:Gth for other group per request of juliets

Svs- I don't think you're silly, I think you're one of the best players on this site. That said, while weird, I'd argue that memory has little to say about allighnment. I hope we agree to disagree at least on that point.

Scotty- I just felt at that moment you could of gotten a few votes, I really don't have a reason other than gut. I thought the thread night 0 was heading that direction
Why is LoRab a baddie read? What is Quin?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:

Why is LoRab a baddie read? What is Quin?
Lorab Read mad blendy, quin is civ, thought I typed that but regardless, yeah.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You :)

You are missing my point though. I don't suspect your memory, I question whether it IS your memory, especially since you then happened to have another window with the other thread open in a browser. Although to be fair, I don't see why the hosts would allow baddies to have continued access to the other thread, so there is that.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Gotta eat, gotta shovel. Will be back to make a final vote.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made, you still have not addressed my two biggest questions about you: this post and this post. I can't move my vote until you address these things, unfortunately.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

For what it's worth...arguably nothing...Donnie is my top suspect in thread atm.

linki- Answered one of these, and part of the other here

The flaw in the logic imo is the following:
if everyone has 20 candies and of those 20, ten of them are are sour, if you pick ten out of the bag and none of them are sour, you can't conclude the bag has no sour candy.
To conclude that I'm bad because I pulled 2 sour candies but other people pulled 4 out of a random bag doesn't say anything about how many candies are in either my bag nor everyone else's.
for the record, I love sour candy, I don't, however, love when sour candies start killing people.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

John Coltrane wrote:
2) This:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Because you guys are following Golden's vote around, you being the primary one.

Question to everyone on the beach: who would you lynch if everyone was on the poll and not just the Sand-Surfers?
I'd probably still go with Sig, but I'm increasingly comfortable with my vote for Soneji.
Does it make a difference to you that Soneji voted for sig on Day 1?

Linki: I'll read you later.
Easy distancing perhaps? People voting for each other in a thread with changeable votes doesn't mean much for gauging connection.

Linki @Prisoner. OK.

I have said what she did, but am happy to do so again. In the other thread, she made one big post where she said she felt Made and Wilgy were getting a bad rap. She did this without pointing fingers at anyone who might be giving them a bad rap, though. Then she wrote several sentences saying nothing, and said that she felt OK about me, LC and (???). "Same old same old" kind of thing. No negative opinions, or even remotely critical, about anyone. Bea and I have a long history. I want to know where she is at. So far I am not sure she is at the same place I am. I am not sure she has expressed even one remote suspect. Bea is always polite, but Bea does not shrink from speaking her mind, even if it is in a very passive way.

Bea is a huge question mark for me.
Poor bea has been sick, but this reminds me of another game (for the life of me, I can't remember, nor do I really want to look for/reveal in order not to risk my identity being more obvious :p ), but the last game I played with her, this is the same sort of behavior she exhibited when bad - not offering much solid opinion. It's always hard to vote bea, since she's just so friggin' nice. But I'm most compelled in that direction today, mostly because I'm tired and was thinking about voting her for these reasons earlier today, anyway.
This ^ explains well how I feel about bea. Poor thing, she is sick, I truly believe that. But I also believe she doesn't offer much solid when she is bad. So I'm really torn about whether to vote her.
Boomslang wrote: Llama's case on Soneji seems the most solid out of anything so far. Omitting the lynchee from discussion while questioning the judgment used to lynch him is textbook indirect mafia support. I also don't like Soneji quickly jumping to "You didn't see me defend Mac, did you?" when talking about his distrust of meta. That seemed to me to be ahead of llama's questioning. Doth protest too much. And whoa, Soneji saying "As for a GTH, everyone is bad in my eyes until they flip otherwise" is just a tremendous cop-out of responsibility. Could at least say he didn't have time or just ignore the request altogether. And there's some snarky sarcasm that doesn't read right.
And this point that I underlined about Soneji is something I didn't fully consider. It is a cop out, damn right Boomslang. That's just as bad as bea only being able to name people she likes - it's the exact opposite but in my mind the same principle. Soneji if you come back into the thread I would like to see your reads on everyone. I think the rest of us except for bea (and maybe Donna) have done that (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

So, it looks like we have a three way tie right now if Cheerleader's vote really counts. My lean is toward bea or Soneji.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:Placed a vote on MetalMarsh.

It's a placeholder. :feb:

Maybe.
Hehe sorry about that.

I'm voting for bea. Boomslang's entrance was phenomenal, and I like his point on bea.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Thundercat
Determination
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Thundercat »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:There was a time when I thought Donna Meagle was Mongoose. That time has passed (thanks for posting in another thread hun).
:whistle:
juliets wrote:This is the post that sounded disingenuous to me. You haven't posted that much yet you say you don't remember the post in question. First you say you wrote something about him, then you say maybe it was a response to something he said. It just seemed to me you would remember better than this.

I realize it's just one post but it just gave me a bad feeling. My baddie read was not a strong baddie read but in GTH you have to pick a side.
Donna Meagle wrote:i wrote something about llama in the other thread it might have just been a response to something he said.

i think i agreed with him.

idk i'm peeved i can't go back and read the other thread.
Juliets I actually have a few questions in regard to this:

You say I should remember, but admit you don't remember many things here.
juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Made wrote: before I forgot, this isn't true. Surprised llama didn't point this out actually because he's the one i'm quoting.
According to a post from night one he made,
the players who mac talked to that day or quoted by name that day were Golden, priz, Wilgy, DH, Boom, Quin, Sig, Epi, MM, llama, juliets, me, LC, BR, John Coltrane, and Sorsha. The players who talked about or quoted mac by name were Priz, Quin, Epi, Mm, llama, juliets, Professor, BR, LC, Myself, Wilgy, Golden, Scotty, Sig, DH, Boom, John Colltrane, Sorsha, and Lorab

The players who neither talked about nor talk to him bea. bwt, Soneji, Floyd, and timmer

Source: this happened to be on the one page i had open in another tab.
Thanks for digging up that list, Made. I needed a refresher on it. The fact that Bea was on the "no interaction" list is one of the reasons I am more willing to lynch her than I am Boomslang, for example. Until now I have been giving her the benefit of the doubt because of her illness, but my patience for non-contributors is running out.
Does anyone recall what Booms said about Mac? I only remember him randomizing among the Mac voters as opposed to saying anything about Mac. My memory is not the best after two days. I do agree llama I am out of patience with the non-contributors.
So, why am I expected to remember everything, but you aren't?

I think I agreed with his analysis on sig.
You're asking for a response, but I don't really know what there is to say about what you've pointed out?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Same with you Donna. Let's get some input!!!
I don't like doing GTH's or Rainbows, but I'll share some thoughts now that i'm here.

I don't think I trust bea very much. I don't think bea would make up fake excuses, but I don't like her tone in responding to SVS who is her friend. It seems manipulative to me.

I am questioning juliets who thinks I should remember everything, but openly admits her memory is "not the best".
juliets wrote:Donna Meagle I see you voted for bea without explaining. Could you tell us why you voted for her?
Doesn't the poll end like 10 minutes ago?
I voted for someone I mildly suspect and really am having a hard time finding my footing in this game. So I made it a three way tie.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:
Boomslang wrote: Llama's case on Soneji seems the most solid out of anything so far. Omitting the lynchee from discussion while questioning the judgment used to lynch him is textbook indirect mafia support. I also don't like Soneji quickly jumping to "You didn't see me defend Mac, did you?" when talking about his distrust of meta. That seemed to me to be ahead of llama's questioning. Doth protest too much. And whoa, Soneji saying "As for a GTH, everyone is bad in my eyes until they flip otherwise" is just a tremendous cop-out of responsibility. Could at least say he didn't have time or just ignore the request altogether. And there's some snarky sarcasm that doesn't read right.
The tone reads consistent through Soneji's post. Regardless, this is kinda big. I can think of reasons not to give reads, Soneji, but what are yours? Do you actually think everyone in here is bad?

linki- polls ends at like 8 EST
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

also, everyone but bea has voted so far--a whole two hours before the lynch. That participation tho.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Donna, my point about your memory is you did not post much in the other thread and I would expect you to remember if you had a post with llama's name in it whether you suspected him or were responding to him. I remember a lot of things from the other thread though not everything. I certainly remember who I suspected and I would expect you to too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Voting for Bea. I'd at least like to see how Made pursues the 6 additional suspects he just named when our threads remerge.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have to go start dinner. For the moment I'm going to change my vote to bea. If she comes back with some solid baddie reads I may very well change to soneji. The more I think about him refusing to give reads the more I don't like it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Soneji knows how GTH works. That whole, Everyone is bad thing is weak. I feel more comfortable joining his wagon than beas, and I am feeling better about Made.I am still not sure about MM, but we have had enough content here that "not sure" is a weak excuse for a vote.

*Votes Soneji*

Linki, YES, I want to see Made accuse all those people as well :nicenod:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Intuition is telling me we're not going to have access to this thread nor hatch thread come as soon as night. Save everything you can for personal use/later reads.
Baddies, tell your teammates to tell the other thread pls/thx
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm back because I changed my mind. The part of Booms post I quoted re: not giving reads is sticking in my craw. I want to give bea a chance and as I said, Soneji is doing exactly the same thing only in reverse. So as wishy-washy as it makes me look, I'm changing my vote to Soneji. Now I really HAVE to start dinner.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:Intuition is telling me we're not going to have access to this thread nor hatch thread come as soon as night. Save everything you can for personal use/later reads.
Baddies, tell your teammates to tell the other thread pls/thx
I do not think we're allowed to save things.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Gah i don't wanna be a tie breaker, but I find the bea meta more convincing than the Soneji case.

They could both be bad.

Voting bea and hoping for the best
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Literally bea and Soneji are the only ones not on the trains. (Unless you count Cheerleader)

Just bookmarking this because the poll doesn't end for another hour and if both vote for the other, bea is lynched.

Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I think we've done a good job generating content today and I am satisfied with the conclusions we've come to, at least as we're approaching the deadline right now. I'm still here in case anything is said that might influence me off of Bea or onto Soneji, but I'm also comfortable with my vote where it is and don't object to the Soneji votes in any major way. Let's keep up this activity when we get back to a complete game, beach goers.

One question that just popped in my head now: Do we think Golden was silenced by somebody who's in here with us? It seemed most people had clued into what the poll meant, and it might make more sense for the silencer to pick somebody in their own grouping. The only reason I could think for them not to do that would be the WIFOM factor, which we can never rule out.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:
bea wrote:Im pretty up in the air about scotty, but slightly civ is where im leaning.

And yes jc is juliets sorry.
What do you make of Boomslang's post a few minutes ago? He had something to say about you and I'd like to know what you think of that.
Sorry caught a rush at work. I dont know why boom would think it was a tanginal defense. If i went with the flow and voted him soley cuz of stiff i was uninformed about and quietness, that would ne pretty scummy dont you think? I wanted to know tue case because i wanted to know the case. Simple as that.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:I think we've done a good job generating content today and I am satisfied with the conclusions we've come to, at least as we're approaching the deadline right now. I'm still here in case anything is said that might influence me off of Bea or onto Soneji, but I'm also comfortable with my vote where it is and don't object to the Soneji votes in any major way. Let's keep up this activity when we get back to a complete game, beach goers.

One question that just popped in my head now: Do we think Golden was silenced by somebody who's in here with us? It seemed most people had clued into what the poll meant, and it might make more sense for the silencer to pick somebody in their own grouping. The only reason I could think for them not to do that would be the WIFOM factor, which we can never rule out.
well, this implies baddies knew that half were going to hatch and half were going to the beach. I know personally, i didn't put that together and figured it'd be like felt were the one that gets the most votes picks were we as a group goes.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Made wrote:
Prisoner 27385 wrote:I think we've done a good job generating content today and I am satisfied with the conclusions we've come to, at least as we're approaching the deadline right now. I'm still here in case anything is said that might influence me off of Bea or onto Soneji, but I'm also comfortable with my vote where it is and don't object to the Soneji votes in any major way. Let's keep up this activity when we get back to a complete game, beach goers.

well, this implies baddies knew that half were going to hatch and half were going to the beach. I know personally, i didn't put that together and figured it'd be like felt were the one that gets the most votes picks were we as a group goes.
It does. There was a bit of discussion about what the poll meant (I had no idea until others mentioned it), so I would guess that there was some level of awareness on the part of the baddies.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Dry Flood »

Question received privately:

Is it okay to save thread information personally so that it may be used later for paraphrasing but not posted directly as a screenshot or a quote?

Answer: Yes. Go ahead and do as you like on your own, just be mindful of what you actually post. If anyone has further questions, please ask privately. Thanks.
Golden
Marmot
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:
Made wrote:

It does. There was a bit of discussion about what the poll meant (I had no idea until others mentioned it), so I would guess that there was some level of awareness on the part of the baddies.
you know, that's actually really interesting... wish I had access to the other thread so i could compare if there were any weird location switches when that was brought up.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Made wrote:
juliets wrote:
The tone reads consistent through Soneji's post. Regardless, this is kinda big. I can think of reasons not to give reads, Soneji, but what are yours? Do you actually think everyone in here is bad?

it says 6 for me
juliets wrote:Donna, my point about your memory is you did not post much in the other thread and I would expect you to remember if you had a post with llama's name in it whether you suspected him or were responding to him. I remember a lot of things from the other thread though not everything. I certainly remember who I suspected and I would expect you to too.
I didn't mean to imply that I suspected Llama. I suspected sig.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I am voting sonji. People I trust seem to think the case is solid. I had a very difficult time following the finer details of the case, but I know I'm not bad. I'm sorry Ibwas beginning of the game fail.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Donna Meagle wrote:
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:

it says 6 for me
juliets wrote:Donna, my point about your memory is you did not post much in the other thread and I would expect you to remember if you had a post with llama's name in it whether you suspected him or were responding to him. I remember a lot of things from the other thread though not everything. I certainly remember who I suspected and I would expect you to too.
Yo, while i have you, GTH?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ben Linus »

Stop speculating about me, please. Nothing to see here.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ben Linus »

I'll wave my pompoms in Soneji's direction, because ties are fun.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Cheerleader wrote:Stop speculating about me, please. Nothing to see here.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Well now if Soneji comes in and puts his vote where he ought to, we've got a tie, and ties (if I remember correctly) are resolved randomly. Are we cool with putting things in the hands of a coin?
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

That's assuming no vote manipulation, which I shouldn't do.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:Well now if Soneji comes in and puts his vote where he ought to, we've got a tie, and ties (if I remember correctly) are resolved randomly. Are we cool with putting things in the hands of a coin?
That's assuming Cheerleader's vote isn't worth 0 like I assume.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:That's assuming no vote manipulation, which I shouldn't do.
Lol

Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Made wrote:
Donna Meagle wrote:
Made wrote:
juliets wrote:

it says 6 for me
Yo, while i have you, GTH?
uhhh i don't like gth but sure why not hold on.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:Well now if Soneji comes in and puts his vote where he ought to, we've got a tie, and ties (if I remember correctly) are resolved randomly. Are we cool with putting things in the hands of a coin?
If it's random between the two that most people suspect I am OK with it. I could see the reasons for voting for either.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

bea - bad
boomslang - good
cheerleader - indi/whocares/good? idk what's going on
donna - supatown
golden - good
john coltrane - good
juliets - good
made - good
mm89 - good
prisoner - good
llama - good
scotty - good
soneji - good (tbh bc i missed the case on him and am very tired)
svs - good

:sigh:
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Donna goes 1 baddie to 13 townies. Interesting.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Donna, I see your response to me re: your post. Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for explaining.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I take it this means Donna thinks the baddies decided to all hang out in the Hatch today.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

While we're here, how might the baddies have wanted to split themselves up today (again, assuming they knew what the poll was for)? If they all pile into one thread they can ensure that none of them get lynched, while a bunch of townies in the other group are left to scramble and fight over a doomed lynch.
whoa, I hope that didn't happen.
Thundercat
Determination

Post by Thundercat »

Prisoner 27385 wrote:I take it this means Donna thinks the baddies decided to all hang out in the Hatch today.
not really

i think there are more. I'm just clueless as to who they are.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think that depends on how big the bad team is. Less than five maybe. Five or more they split up. Those of us who played at RM will have played split thread games and I would guess one of the baddies probably has this experience.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”