65%
Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: [DAY 14] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by bea »

Vompatti wrote:bea!
vomps!!!

votes are expensive in finland.... you might want to rethink doing it. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

*Bea*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:I voted bea to win, because I'm pretty sure that was the plan we all would have followed.

I am impressed by how close boom got though! Not at all an easy role to manage.
also - thanks for that - but we can't predict what would have happened one way or the other. svs trusted/suspected me like every 42 seconds :p (see what I did there wif da numbers svs? :D :p :haha: ;) )

I still think boom deserves the win just as much as I do.

I really REALLY REALLY wish Elo hadn't conned me right now. :(

Well played elo - really - you were the slippery and trickstery baddies of all.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

alex - I really wish you would consider the idea of boom and I both winning. I know it goes against his win conditions, but since we are stopping the game w/o playing it all out....he played hard and he played well. I played hard and I played kinda ok. I think we both deserve it. I dislike that my win comes at the expense of his. You are the host - you can create or dis-create at your pleasure. I'm only in this game in the first place because daisy decided that everyone on team Blue Lazor won - live or dead, playing or not. As far as I'm concerned, boom would have been a townie had I not been conned. :noble:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 48
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

I have to vote my girl bea. She's a veteran champ.

Good game to both of you!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

bea wrote:I was taught it was bad manners to tit your own horn. Boom played a great game.

*votes boom*
still sad I've not seen a "tit your own horn" joke yet. :p

epi - lamma - devin - don't let me down.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

bea wrote: alex - I really wish you would consider the idea of boom and I both winning. I know it goes against his win conditions, but since we are stopping the game w/o playing it all out....he played hard and he played well. I played hard and I played kinda ok. I think we both deserve it. I dislike that my win comes at the expense of his. You are the host - you can create or dis-create at your pleasure. I'm only in this game in the first place because daisy decided that everyone on team Blue Lazor won - live or dead, playing or not. As far as I'm concerned, boom would have been a townie had I not been conned. :noble:
Alex - I totally agree with this.

In case you don't though here's how I see it. Cohen's win conditions say this: "Wins by surviving, but only if everyone else alive has never doubted him." Since bea is the only one left alive and she has doubted Cohen I think that makes bea the clear winner. Bea congrats, regardless of how the poll comes out. Maybe my logic is screwed up but I have no time to think through it anymore - I am voting for bea. Boomslang, you played a marvelous game and congrats whether you win or lose.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:Nothing against Boom, but I can't vote against Bea. *Votes Bea*
This^

Plus I think she played a civvier game. As a civ this matters to me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

bea wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I voted bea to win, because I'm pretty sure that was the plan we all would have followed.

I am impressed by how close boom got though! Not at all an easy role to manage.
also - thanks for that - but we can't predict what would have happened one way or the other. svs trusted/suspected me like every 42 seconds :p (see what I did there wif da numbers svs? :D :p :haha: ;) )

I still think boom deserves the win just as much as I do.

I really REALLY REALLY wish Elo hadn't conned me right now. :(

Well played elo - really - you were the slippery and trickstery baddies of all.
Elo is quite the heart tugger, isn't she? She has a career as a baddie in the cards.

And i always trust/susp you ever 42 seconds. I buy whatever you're selling SO HARD that it makes me tense, and i doubt my gut, and another 42 second cycle begins.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

I voted Bea :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Wow. That's fairly impressive then. I guess that confirms the idea that Fetus is dead then. Yay civvies!

This is a tough decision, but I'm going to be in the minority it looks, and go with boom. Mostly because I think his win condition was much harder to fulfill, and with him being a newer player. I think both bea and boom played like Champions in this game for sure though.

Alex, if this is the easiest way for you to end it, then I'm fine with that. And I'm sure all of us are. It was a very exciting, unique game!
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Yeah, the rules as written say I should not win. But screw the rules, I have a vote for myself! :P

Seriously, good game to everyone. I told you so about Elo, just sayin'.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Wow. That's fairly impressive then. I guess that confirms the idea that Fetus is dead then. Yay civvies!

This is a tough decision, but I'm going to be in the minority it looks, and go with boom. Mostly because I think his win condition was much harder to fulfill, and with him being a newer player. I think both bea and boom played like Champions in this game for sure though.

Alex, if this is the easiest way for you to end it, then I'm fine with that. And I'm sure all of us are. It was a very exciting, unique game!

I agree with you teefies. Prolly for the first time since the wraslin' game. :p ;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Boomslang wrote:Yeah, the rules as written say I should not win. But screw the rules, I have a vote for myself! :P

Seriously, good game to everyone. I told you so about Elo, just sayin'.
I'm srrsly glad you said screw the rules. FWIW - I was pulling for you to win since I cast my vote. :)

Good game Boom! :srsnod: :hugs: :hug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, you both did play an awesome game~ I wish Boom could win, too :)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Man, when I first saw the poll, my heart almost stopped a bit and thought: holy shite! I've blown everyone up! :blush:

But I don't want to have to choose. :\ Two completely different play styles, two awesome players: bea really did justice to a role I could not handle in the original game and went through a lot and still managed to survive; and boom was managed to carry the burden of such a complex indie role without drawing too much attention on himself.

Imma gonna randomise k. You both deserve to win. [/cheese fest - butt it's ture]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I will consider letting both of them win, but have not yet decided.

Additionally, even though Boomslang cannot win with bea alive, that is precisely the point of the poll; if Boomslang were picked, bea would thus not be picked, and he could win with everyone else alive because no one else doubted him.

Apologies again for the unconventional ending, but I suppose it is somehow fitting.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Why don't the people who haven't voted just try to make it a tie? :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

I want them both to win so I voted Boomslang on the off-chance of forcing a tie (there's still plenty of people left to vote!).

This game was amazing. :dance:
ImageImage

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I don't understand what happened to all the other people who were alive. I thought maybe they blew up but I don't see any post saying that. Someone, what happened?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

juliets wrote:I don't understand what happened to all the other people who were alive. I thought maybe they blew up but I don't see any post saying that. Someone, what happened?
They all won - the endgame is down to boomslang (who is Cohen) and bea (who is a civ that voted for Cohen). Since nobody else remaining voted for Cohen, it's really a choice between the two of them, and MP just distilled that choice down a bit.

Fortunately not randomly blowing any of us up just beforehand :-)
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Agreed they both deserve the win and I'd be happy to give it to them. Voted for boomer because he was pretty memorable as tofu boy too. :mafia:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[center]Day 14: Conclusion[/center][/b]

The civilians, Zodac, and Sander Cohen have won the game!

Congratulations to our winners: bea, birdwithteeth11, Boomslang, DFaraday, Flyin' High, Lizzy, Nevinera, Spacedaisy, and S~V~S!!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I decided to let both of them win.

Thanks to all of you for playing!!! I really hope this lived up to everyone's expectations. The timing didn't work out nearly as well for me as I had hoped, and I knew it would be somewhat problematic, but it became even more so. Thus, I apologize for this fact.

This was certainly an absolute behemoth to plan for and undertake. Probably the hardest game I have ever hosted in that regard. I don't feel I necessarily nailed all the dynamics I could, but I knew the balance was incredibly unpredictable, and it was part of the reasoning behind the Red Room/Champions game dichotomy (as well as the fact that I wanted to use both ideas for the roles so badly, but couldn't pick, so Twin Peaks ended up being a fantastic vehicle for that).

I am going to go to bed now after I type up the role assignment lists for you guys, and then I (presumably, since the weather sucks tomorrow) fly out tomorrow for my audit, so I will be very busy. That said, I will be back to answer questions and reveal more as soon as I can.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [END] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

I updated the secrets in The Red Room roles.

Also, here are these two roles:
Damo Suzuki - [Avant-Garde 2] – This crazed singer has a personal bag of mushrooms he can tap into every night. Others might consider him an expert on the matter of such substances, but he is really too inarticulate most of the time to even consider the thought himself. He can grab one mushroom at random out of his bag every night to use on himself or on another player of his choice. Unbeknownst to Damo, there may be a few other random non-mushroom items in that bag as well.
o Contents of Damo’s Mushroom Bag:
o d1 – White Mushroom – Blinds any player who uses it, forcing their vote the subsequent two days for a random player, and randomizing their night target the following two nights.
o d2-d4 – Yellow Mushroom – The player who eats this feels a dislike towards players of another origin. If the player votes for another player whose role is from a similar game as theirs, he protects himself and that person from night kills the subsequent night. If he fails, nothing happens.
o d5-d7 – Pink Mushroom – The player who eats this feels a like towards players of an another origin. If the player votes for another player whose role is from a different game than theirs, he protects himself and that person from night kills the subsequent night. If he fails, nothing happens.
o d8 – Grey Mushroom – The player who eats this mushroom cannot post or vote the following day.
o d9 – Polka Dot Mushroom – The player who eats this feels overwhelmed. If the player posts at least 20 posts the following day period, their vote for that day is worth 4x. If they fail to do so, it is worth nothing.
o d10-d11 – Ege Bamyasi – A player can throw this can of… something at another player, attempting to role block them (50% chance). The player who was hit with it then can throw it at another player the following night, etc.
o d12 – Smelly Socks – They smell terrible! Causes a player to commit suicide (50% chance) due to the smell.

King of Town - [Homestar Runner] - Has a smorgasbord buffet in his castle. He will choose one item to eat each night, giving him a one time use ability the following night, but he won't know what the item does before he eats it.
o Smorgasboard Buffet:
o Animal Phat – Gives the KOT one night kill.
o Biscuit Dough – Gives the KOT one role check.
o Butter-da – Insanifies the KOT.
o Cardboard Boxes Covered in Syrup – KOT may choose to eat any number of boxes. If odd number, his vote the following day is worth however many he eats; if even, it is worth negative the number he eats.
o Chocolate Dipped Tapeworm – Role blocks the KOT.
o Denture Tablets – KOT can stick two players together; whatever happens to one, happens to the other as well.
o Deodorant – Gives the KOT one role block.
o Hello Kitty Erasers – Resets the night cycle.
o Last Three Items in the Pantry Special – Allows KOT to eat three items.
o Motherboard Covered in 70% Cocoa – Randomized everyone's night targets.
o Prescription Ice Cream – Protects KOT from all night actions.
o Regurgitated Food – Lets the KOT choose one food he has already eaten.
o Schenectady Crispies - Steals a player's vote from them the subsequent day.
o The KoT's Good Gravy - Nullifies the vote of a player the subsequent day.
o TV Remote – Lets the KOT redirect one other player's night action to a player of his choice.
o Whatsit – Kills the KOT.

Will type up the role/character assignments thereafter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Damo Suzuki - [Avant-Garde 2] – DisgruntledPorcupine
Man-E-Faces - [Masters of the Universe] – reywaS
Trusty John - [Grimm's Fairy Tales] – timmer
Homestar Runner - [Homestar Runner] - S~V~S
King of Town - [Homestar Runner] - bea
Mr. Ibis - [American Gods] - AceofSpaces
Lucy - [Sgt. Pepper's] – Devin the Omniscient
Mr. Henderson - [Sgt. Pepper's] – Hedgeowl
MacGyver - [MacGyver] – Flyin' High
Penny Parker - [MacGyver] – Mongoose
Villager - [Minecraft] – agleaminranks
Thomas - [Thomas the Tank Engine] – BigDamnHero
Percy - [Thomas the Tank Engine] – DFaraday
Jack Torrence - [The Shining] –Vompatti
Mycroft Holmes - [Sherlock] – Lizzy
Beggar's Banquet - [Rolling Stones] – Spacedaisy
Meat Boy - [Super Meat Boy] – birdwithteeth11

The Manipulators (4)

The Sinister Exaggerator - [Avant-Garde 2] – A Person
Rumpelstiltskin - [Grimm's Fairy Tales] – Russtifinko
Catherine Martell - [Twin Peaks] – blindfaeth
Jim Moriarty - [Sherlock] – DharmaHelper

The Video Game Villains (4)

Big Daddy (Bouncer) - [Bioshock] – Kate
Creeper - [Minecraft] – Elohcin
Piranha Plant - [Classic Super Mario Bros.] – RECRUITED by Bob - Epignosis
Dr. Fetus - [Super Meat Boy] – juliets

Independents and Neutrals (5)

Zodac[Masters of the Universe] – Nevinera

Sander Cohen[Bioshock] – Boomslang

Media - [American Gods] – insertnamehere

Bob[Twin Peaks] - Dom

Delbert Grady[The Shining] – thellama73
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

Well done, everyone! And great job, MP! This game looked utterly insane to try to run.

I'm also wondering if I ever got targeted for kills. I spent the later half of the game just trying to use powers that would make me unkillable for that night. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

AceofSpaces – insertnamehere
A Person – DisgruntledPorcupine
agleaminranks – Russtifinko
bea – Unassigned
birdwithteeth11 – juliets
blindfaeth – Mongoose
Boomslang – Vompatti
DFaraday – Kate
DharmaHelper – Epignosis
DisgruntledPorcupine – Dom
Elohcin – Elohcin
Flyin' High – reywaS
Hedgeowl – Unassigned
insertnamehere – Unassigned
juliets – Unassigned
Mongoose – A Person
Russtifinko – Unassigned
S~V~S – agleaminranks
Spacedaisy – BigDamnHero
thellama73 – Unassigned

The Veteran Villains (4)

Kills every odd night. Any of the team's members may carry out the kill.

Dom – AceofSpaces
Kate – blindfaeth
reywaS – Hedgeowl
timmer – Unassigned

The New F.E.B.'s on the Block (5)

Kills every even night. Any of the team's members may carry out the kill.

BigDamnHero – thellama73
Devin the Omniscient – Devin the Omniscient
Epignosis – timmer
Lizzy – Unassigned
Nevinera – Unassigned

The Serial Killer (1)

Vompatti – DharmaHelper

The Host (1)

MovingPictures07 – Unassigned
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will reveal now at least that the players who were in first overall for the year in terms of wins (thus, Nevinera, Mongoose, and thellama73) were able to send me three roles they wanted to be right before the game started. I then let them be assigned to their number one choice (or randomized among the three or less if they didn't rank) before I randomized the remaining players.

I will answer all other questions as soon as I can!!! But I need to get to bed and then get up early to prepare for my flight.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Dom »

The amount of detail that went into this game is absolutely insane. MP, bravo! I'm sad Zodac killed me so early because I was just getting into my role of Bob. :feb: Congrats to the winners! You deserved it! And here's to another year of Mafia!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

:dance:
Alex, mate, I just wanted to say that hosting a small game is exhausting, and there's two of us, but holy fu! You're mad! :hugs: I have no idea how you do it. Alone too. :eek:(So Russti, good luck!) It was an amazing game and my first win as a civ too. Outed, but still. :fiesta:

I loved finally working with the other civs and Zody. Nev did that role justice... and more. Thanks to him I was not completely and utterly clueless like I normally am. Nev, if you ever felt in danger of being lynched, one of my lynch saves was put aside specially for you. I feel bad about Goosey (I really thought you were bad), and Hedgie, and Timmer - I had to decide between you and SVS to whom I should give the Shield, and chose SVS because she had been targeted before and felt she was in more danger. And that's when you got NK'd. :\

Some surprises in the baddie teams. Juliets, I am astounded you were Fetus, and that was one bold and risky move with your getting NK'd. DH, sorry for picking on you for so long. I can't even imagine how annoying that must be. :p But now with the roles revealed, it looks pretty neat.

And woohoo! I think I pretty much defended every single indie in this game. Maybe not so much with Bob, but I still tried to buddy up to him to recruit me. :p
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

You mean to tell me that I killed two Mafia singlehandedly in RR but got lynched with no votes? :( My best civilian performance to date, and foiled! :(

And timmer was next on my list.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

Lizzy wrote:
And woohoo! I think I pretty much defended every single indie in this game. Maybe not so much with Bob, but I still tried to buddy up to him to recruit me. :p
:noble:

Also, fantastic game MP! It was a genuine thrill to play, and fucking around in the main thread is some of the most fun I've ever had in mafia.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Thank you sooooooooo much for hosting this, MP! This game was an absolute blast to play despite the fact that I was literally a vanilla civvie the entire game. It was so weird for people to have so much info and to personally feel so in the dark since nothing happened to me at night (at least that I know of).

I was devastated when I helped lynch Mongoose and she turned out to be Penny. I really wanted her to be Catherine Martell appearing as Penny because I wanted to become part of a civ ninja team so bad. I can't believe both me and Mongoose lasted as long as we did without ever gaining BTSC. Such a shame!

So juliets was Fetus? But Creeper killed her? What happened there?

Nev you played an amazing game as Zodac. One thing I've been curious about, how were you so sure I was civvie? Did it have to do with the numbers of civs, mafia, and indys before I died versus after?

Good game everyone!!! And congratulations to all of the winners. :fiesta:
ImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

Flyin' High wrote:So juliets was Fetus? But Creeper killed her? What happened there?
We had the worst possible luck imaginable. :wall:

kneel4justice absorbed my Piranha Plant kill TWICE (N2 & N6). I nabbed you with it, but you got resurrected.

I was recruited by Dom. Dom missed one vote due to inclement weather, so he was on the naughty night poll, and Nev elected to kill him, so I could no longer win with my team.

That same night, Kate died, even with a 50% protection (and she was my protection).

I always had a vote on me so I could never kill.

I got incinerated Night 6.

Night 8 (our kill night) got skipped.

Eloh somehow killed her teammate juliets.

The only two people this entire game we successfully killed was reywaS and Hedgeowl, and the latter only because Eloh killed herself.

With all the protections and resurrections, this was difficult to begin with, but once the secrets got revealed, it basically outed Kate and from that point on it was futile.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Awesome game, MP :)

Nevin, I have to apologize. I was SO sure you were a baddie trying to manipulate the info with the "logic" strategy. It finally clicked for me with the night bea suicided, and you having all the angst over the numbers. I bet you could actually SEE the light bulb going off over my *metaphorical* head that day. I apologize for freaking on you as well, I was VERY sensitive at that point, due to things said by others earlier in the game. It was uncalled for on my part.

I KNEW BF was bad before I even came back with him trying to argue against rezzing me on humane grounds. I also thought DH was bad, but could not find the goods on him (excellent game, DH~ Epi was supposed to be complimenting people with you, but he died that night) and I know that going against DH on "gut" (when I have seriously misread him in the past)without a damn fine case would be a mistake. I did not call kate for bad at all, and thought that FH might have been bad, lol, until the end. I do so tend to distrust logic arguments, so easy to manipulate, but this game has taught me, I think, not to automatically distrust it. FH knows I struggle with this, so I am sure she will be glad to hear it :D

I am glad to be one of the winners, but I am also glad I took a few lessons away from it. Any game where I learn something is a good game.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Flyin' High wrote:
Nev you played an amazing game as Zodac. One thing I've been curious about, how were you so sure I was civvie? Did it have to do with the numbers of civs, mafia, and indys before I died versus after?

Good game everyone!!! And congratulations to all of the winners. :fiesta:
Yup, that's it exactly. My numbers power was really specific - I got to know how many people were on each team including individual indies, so I knew that bobs first unfortunate recruit was also a baddie. I also knew bea was civ after her Rez, which is why the confused 180 happened.

After that Rez poll, wherein I had enough info to select only definitely civs, I decided that a civ win was unavoidable if I sided in with them. And then after the secrets came out, and the civs knew that I could win with them.. Our odds got really good.

My picking dom was a real stroke of luck though - I thought he was on a team, because he seemed too informed for such a low poster, but it turns out he was just lying low and reading everything. I couldn't have played like I did if he had been alive, because a recruited Zodac would have way reduced chances of winning.

And I was so sure SVS knew who I was because she addressed one of her comment on Zodac to *me* despite it being a reply to Russ. Overall I had so much info that I had to keep a lot of notes just to recall even the things I definitely knew.. It was fun for me, but I felt a little like I was ruining the game the whole time :-/
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Oops, missed the Linki - yeah, I spent a lot of time this game agonizing over what information I could legitimately reveal, and how. Logic is easy to manipulate, but I feel the same way about instincts and feels - you don't even really have to manipulate them, you can just make them up, and nobody can tell :-/
I guess manipulation is kind of the point of this game though.

And no offense taken, or intended of course.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

I want to thank my team and the host foremost. BF and Rusti you guys were a blast to work with and scheme with. I feel like I do owe some explanations so I will try to cover everything-ish in this post.

Firstly, I want to clear up the Sinister Exaggerator thing for everyone. A.P flipped his shit in the thread and got himself killed intentionally, something MP thought was entirely unfair for our team, so he tweaked that role to give us some compensation. In actuality, he wanted to tweak the role even further, but we talked him down. So that would be why the Exaggerations were constant even after AP's death. I apologize if anyone thought that was unfair, but BF, Rusti, Myself, and MP all came together to work that out and try to recover from AP's flip out.

Secondly - Actually coming up with creative Exaggerations was so much fun. We thought it would be a brilliant idea to fake a couple kills, and then we got the idea to start faking Moriarty reveals, which put us firmly in control of the flow of information. The Lizzy lynch was my crowning achievement on this site. Setting her up and then knocking her down was really satisfying :P We would have gotten away with it as well if it wasn't for the darn rezz poll! One day/night cycle later and Lizzy would have been done. We also faked the merger of the two mafias. We tried to write our Exaggerations keeping in mind people's reactions, so we could look for clues as to who people were.

Most of our kills were redirected, I think. We never once directly tried to kill SVS, and twice we ended up targeting her. I don't think Nev was our original target either, but when he survived, and reacted the way he did, we thought we could use some exaggerations to flush him out.

I'm probably missing some stuff (Rusti was really good at picking words for us to use to boost our votes!). I felt pretty confident in my position prior to the Red Room. I think if the dead had not been so vindictive I would have had a semi decent shot at winning. The Red Room took our whole team, and our kill with it. Would have been a completely different landscape.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

I had actually had been completely carried away and forgot I wasn't supposed to edit, so sorry about that, teammates. :blush:
Maybe I'm used to seeing some others edit clandestinely ;)
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote::dance:
Alex, mate, I just wanted to say that hosting a small game is exhausting, and there's two of us, but holy fu! You're mad! :hugs: I have no idea how you do it. Alone too. :eek:(So Russti, good luck!)
Thanks!

DharmaHelper wrote:I want to thank my team and the host foremost. BF and Rusti you guys were a blast to work with and scheme with. I feel like I do owe some explanations so I will try to cover everything-ish in this post.

Firstly, I want to clear up the Sinister Exaggerator thing for everyone. A.P flipped his shit in the thread and got himself killed intentionally, something MP thought was entirely unfair for our team, so he tweaked that role to give us some compensation. In actuality, he wanted to tweak the role even further, but we talked him down. So that would be why the Exaggerations were constant even after AP's death. I apologize if anyone thought that was unfair, but BF, Rusti, Myself, and MP all came together to work that out and try to recover from AP's flip out.

Secondly - Actually coming up with creative Exaggerations was so much fun. We thought it would be a brilliant idea to fake a couple kills, and then we got the idea to start faking Moriarty reveals, which put us firmly in control of the flow of information. The Lizzy lynch was my crowning achievement on this site. Setting her up and then knocking her down was really satisfying :P We would have gotten away with it as well if it wasn't for the darn rezz poll! One day/night cycle later and Lizzy would have been done. We also faked the merger of the two mafias. We tried to write our Exaggerations keeping in mind people's reactions, so we could look for clues as to who people were.

Most of our kills were redirected, I think. We never once directly tried to kill SVS, and twice we ended up targeting her. I don't think Nev was our original target either, but when he survived, and reacted the way he did, we thought we could use some exaggerations to flush him out.

I'm probably missing some stuff (Rusti was really good at picking words for us to use to boost our votes!). I felt pretty confident in my position prior to the Red Room. I think if the dead had not been so vindictive I would have had a semi decent shot at winning. The Red Room took our whole team, and our kill with it. Would have been a completely different landscape.
First off, DH played like a true champ this entire game. I hope the night posts he wrote are posted to the thread soon, because they were absolutely brilliant. He was the heart and soul of our team, and he did a terrific job in-thread as well as with night actions, in my opinion.

DH and BF, I was pissed when Epi and llama decided to invite you guys to the Room. Because of the bloc, there was nothing I could do, and not voting either of you would probably have made it obvious who I was (I guess it really didn't matter at that point, since our team was doomed to die anyway). I kept trying to use my power to rez you, but i could only rez within the Red Room.

This was an awesome and mindblowing game, and I'm really grateful to MP for taking on such an epic challenge and doing even better with it than I imagined.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

A Person wrote:I had actually had been completely carried away and forgot I wasn't supposed to edit, so sorry about that, teammates. :blush:
It's, ok, AP! I admit I was pissed you were gone, but when you were editing I thought it was hilarious and was actually trying to figure out how to do it as well. :haha: So I guess I'm just lucky for being stupider than you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

I took great joy in incinerating Epignosis ;) I also took great joy in almost incinerating DH, despite the fact I had actually targeted SD lol...
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

This was a great game MP!!! I enjoyed being trusty lol, but I was sure DH was Zodac for the longest time... :eek:
My siggie.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

Russtifinko wrote:
A Person wrote:I had actually had been completely carried away and forgot I wasn't supposed to edit, so sorry about that, teammates. :blush:
It's, ok, AP! I admit I was pissed you were gone, but when you were editing I thought it was hilarious and was actually trying to figure out how to do it as well. :haha: So I guess I'm just lucky for being stupider than you.
I had an edit button on my posts, I have no idea why.

Still have it, too.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Some people did, some did not. I think it had to do with when you joined. I spent like HOURS trying to figure out the permissions, and WHY it happened, but I finally gave up, and just fixed it :D
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Why can no one ever read me?

</whine>
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

For the record, I wanted to state that I did not lie about my insanification.

Thanks for the game, MP!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:Why can no one ever read me?

</whine>
I felt so bad that my shining contribution to the game was to get you lynched. I was pretty sure from the beginning with your interaction with Llama that you were baddie, but didnt want to bring it up right away since I wasn't sure. :hug:

As Henderson, The only threat to me I knew of was lynches and Creeper. I figured as long as I wasn't too suspicious I had a good chance of lasting quite a while. I assumed that if I was targeted and it redirected that baddies would figure out my role and realize I had to be lynched instead. Not sure I was ever targeted for an NK though, so I kept waiting for people to start trying to get me lynched, but they were all civ/Indy lol.

Juliets as usual played an excellent game. I really didnt know about her and she defends herself so well. Lizzy you were so right about DH and I was so trusting for the time being, but so wrong about me. :sigh:

Glad Elo that I went out as the final Creepsplosion of glory at least! :D

Thanks for a truly amazing and complex game MP. I loved my role so much. (No PMs and I couldn't be NK'd) :biggrin:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

:yay: Way to go Civvies, Zodak, and Sander Cohen!!!!! :fiesta:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”