Everyone!! (host, deadies, non-players)
8%

Total votes: 13
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 106

Re: [DAY 3] The Red Room

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:The evidence against you is pretty significant, DH. But I'm willing to hear you out if you've got some genuine leads to talk about? If not, I suppose you know I'll be voting for you, as I felt like you might be Vompatti even before I had a proper case to ;)
Not much to go on really. I've tried to explain that I'm not really interested in killing civvies if I can help it. But I guess some people weren't convinced :sigh:

I do have a particularly compelling reason for you to not vote for me however: Death comes in threes, so piling votes on me will kill Dom as well, something civvies won't want to do.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

DharmaHelper wrote:
timmer wrote:The evidence against you is pretty significant, DH. But I'm willing to hear you out if you've got some genuine leads to talk about? If not, I suppose you know I'll be voting for you, as I felt like you might be Vompatti even before I had a proper case to ;)
Not much to go on really. I've tried to explain that I'm not really interested in killing civvies if I can help it. But I guess some people weren't convinced :sigh:

I do have a particularly compelling reason for you to not vote for me however: Death comes in threes, so piling votes on me will kill Dom as well, something civvies won't want to do.
These are some really good points. Idk who is baddie besides DH, but I think we should put votes on suspicious folks to protect Dom.

The death in 3s thing hasn't really worked out so far though, so who knows.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

Death also comes in 7s as well...
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm sorry personally DH, but even if I take you at your word that you're trying not to kill civvs, you'll have to get to us eventually because you are the serial killer. So, I'm going to have to vote for you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Draconus »

Well, there's one person down :p

I do agree with DH, though, that it would be wise to get votes on someone else for the "Death comes in 3s."
I don't feel that Dom should go (yet anyways). I feel ok about him now. But just ok. I'd be willing to hear out a decent case on him if anyone has one.

BTW, Dom. What did you mean when you said that DH knows who you are?

Does anyone else have any suggestions/suspicions that I could possibly vote for? I may vote for Gleam if there are none. This, because of his sudden and quick reaction to being called out by Epi.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well one thing I do know is that if the votes continue the way they're going, Dom will die and I will not. I'd look at lynching JC if I were you guys. The way she ignored my warning, willing to throw away a civ's life like that, seems like a mafia trying to get rid of a killer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well one thing I do know is that if the votes continue the way they're going, Dom will die and I will not. I'd look at lynching JC if I were you guys. The way she ignored my warning, willing to throw away a civ's life like that, seems like a mafia trying to get rid of a killer.
What warning? And what civvs life?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Well one thing I do know is that if the votes continue the way they're going, Dom will die and I will not. I'd look at lynching JC if I were you guys. The way she ignored my warning, willing to throw away a civ's life like that, seems like a mafia trying to get rid of a killer.
What warning? And what civvs life?

Uh huh :P :ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Just to be clear, civvies won't want Dom lynched, you mean?
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I went back and see you are talking about putting votes on you. I don't have any other suspicions besides you at this time so I wouldn't know who to put a vote on besides you. If you think that's suspicion worthy then so be it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Does anyone else have any suggestions/suspicions that I could possibly vote for? I may vote for Gleam if there are none. This, because of his sudden and quick reaction to being called out by Epi.
I still have no freaking idea why you all are making such a big deal out of this. If some person with whom you've not interacted with for the course of the game calls to get you lynched out of nowhere, I can't think of any person who wouldn't respond in this manner. Seriously.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Just to be clear, civvies won't want Dom lynched, you mean?
For certain.

Linki @ JC You should really use a shovel if you're gonna dig like that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:Ok, I went back and see you are talking about putting votes on you. I don't have any other suspicions besides you at this time so I wouldn't know who to put a vote on besides you. If you think that's suspicion worthy then so be it.

You say you "went back" as if you missed it the first time. And by the way, did you not maybe wanna talk about suspicions instead of jumping onto the wagon? Plenty of time left in the day to find someone to sacrifice to save Dom. But you didn't.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DH, the only thing I'm confused about is, if you know or have deduced that Dom is a certain civ, and you're saying that you're trying not to kill civs, why did you vote for him in the first place? I'll strongly consider trying to find another source for votes to get another name out there, as, if you are the role you seem to be (and aren't denying, either) then it wouldn't make sense for you to lie about Dom. But, your vote and your statements don't match. Explain?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:DH, the only thing I'm confused about is, if you know or have deduced that Dom is a certain civ, and you're saying that you're trying not to kill civs, why did you vote for him in the first place? I'll strongly consider trying to find another source for votes to get another name out there, as, if you are the role you seem to be (and aren't denying, either) then it wouldn't make sense for you to lie about Dom. But, your vote and your statements don't match. Explain?
Well, to be quite honest, I thought it would be funny to hold a gun to a civ's head by using a game mechanic that it seems most of you have overlooked. Now you guys have two options: Let Dom die and lose a civ, or find two more suspects through discussion and hard work.

I think it's funny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

agleaminranks wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Does anyone else have any suggestions/suspicions that I could possibly vote for? I may vote for Gleam if there are none. This, because of his sudden and quick reaction to being called out by Epi.
I still have no freaking idea why you all are making such a big deal out of this. If some person with whom you've not interacted with for the course of the game calls to get you lynched out of nowhere, I can't think of any person who wouldn't respond in this manner. Seriously.
gleam, the thing with you is, you haven't contributed anything at all to the game. You got called out, and suddenly you were there and saying hey no don't kill me I'm busy her der. Busy is busy, but you seem to have the time to show up every time someone suggests voting you, so why don't you have the time to contribute? The pingy thing for me is that it is easier for baddies to coast in a game by just skimming and watching to make sure their name doesn't pop up, because a lazy baddie still can win by letting the rest of the game tear itself apart. That's the vibe I'm getting from you. Lazy baddie. I may vote you today, though I'm curious to see where Juliets goes with being called out, as well.

Linki DH: LOL, that's probably how I'd have played the moment as well. I'm going to see how juliets and gleam respond.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:Ok, I went back and see you are talking about putting votes on you. I don't have any other suspicions besides you at this time so I wouldn't know who to put a vote on besides you. If you think that's suspicion worthy then so be it.

You say you "went back" as if you missed it the first time. And by the way, did you not maybe wanna talk about suspicions instead of jumping onto the wagon? Plenty of time left in the day to find someone to sacrifice to save Dom. But you didn't.
Yes, I went back to check because I didn't know what you were talking about at first. I didn't jump on a wagon - I suspected you and i voted for you. I suppose I could have waited but I didn't because I'm sure of you. You can put everything you've got into lynching me - it might work. And the game would be down another civvie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:I'm sorry personally DH, but even if I take you at your word that you're trying not to kill civvs, you'll have to get to us eventually because you are the serial killer. So, I'm going to have to vote for you.

So you read half my post and conveniently ignored the part about not piling votes on me. Lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

timmer wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
gleam, the thing with you is, you haven't contributed anything at all to the game. You got called out, and suddenly you were there and saying hey no don't kill me I'm busy her der. Busy is busy, but you seem to have the time to show up every time someone suggests voting you, so why don't you have the time to contribute? The pingy thing for me is that it is easier for baddies to coast in a game by just skimming and watching to make sure their name doesn't pop up, because a lazy baddie still can win by letting the rest of the game tear itself apart. That's the vibe I'm getting from you. Lazy baddie. I may vote you today, though I'm curious to see where Juliets goes with being called out, as well.

Linki DH: LOL, that's probably how I'd have played the moment as well. I'm going to see how juliets and gleam respond.
Fair nuff. I'm just a lazy mafia player in general, regardless of my alignment. I spend a lot of time lurking when I shouldn't anyways (read: in class or at work) so I can keep tabs on the discussion, and frankly I didn't feel a lot of need to contribute because the veterans in this thread had the conversation locked down, and more than half the thread up to that point was spam anyways.

As far as DH goes, I say we bring him down regardless. Maybe a civvie may die, but only more will continue to die the longer the serial killer is left alive. People are going to die, and I think we minimize the damage if we take him out immediately. Not saying there won't be any collateral (sorry Dom)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

agleaminranks wrote:
timmer wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:

Fair nuff. I'm just a lazy mafia player in general, regardless of my alignment. I spend a lot of time lurking when I shouldn't anyways (read: in class or at work) so I can keep tabs on the discussion, and frankly I didn't feel a lot of need to contribute because the veterans in this thread had the conversation locked down, and more than half the thread up to that point was spam anyways.

As far as DH goes, I say we bring him down regardless. Maybe a civvie may die, but only more will continue to die the longer the serial killer is left alive. People are going to die, and I think we minimize the damage if we take him out immediately. Not saying there won't be any collateral (sorry Dom)
Except what I'm telling you is I won't die.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Plenty of people left to vote, could very easily split the vote between JC and Gleam, or maybe JC and someone else.

But will you is the question. Or are we all content to let me have my fun with Dom :)

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Triple post to point out the fact that currently, everyone with 0 votes is in third place and is eligible to be lynched. Chew on that whilst I continue to hold Dom hostage.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I'm voting for juliets. gleam's last post to me sounded a bit genuine whereas juliets feels off. And her vote for DH, leaving Dom dangling, isn't like her.

votes juliets
My siggie.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

timmer wrote:I'm voting for juliets. gleam's last post to me sounded a bit genuine whereas juliets feels off. And her vote for DH, leaving Dom dangling, isn't like her.

votes juliets
Really? You are going to be persuaded by a serial killer? I think it's a really bad idea to vote for jc.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote:I'm voting for juliets. gleam's last post to me sounded a bit genuine whereas juliets feels off. And her vote for DH, leaving Dom dangling, isn't like her.

votes juliets
you are sadly mistaken. I didnt have anyone else to vote for besides DH. I don't have any other suspicions. I could have kept Dom from dangling by voting just any old person and not caring whether they were civv or baddie but I didn't want to do that. And that is most certainly just like me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nice job Timmer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I am loath to believe that any civ would come in here see a serial killer being lynched and think it would be a good idea to follow his advice.

Votes timmer.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

agleaminranks wrote:
Still have a bit of reading to do, but I had nothing better to go on at the time :p That's why I'm looking for something better before I do put a vote on you. :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:Triple post to point out the fact that currently, everyone with 0 votes is in third place and is eligible to be lynched. Chew on that whilst I continue to hold Dom hostage.
I thought of this, too. It might be interesting to play Russian Roulette with everyone in this game :haha: But I don't want to risk it, atm. I am going to vote a different person eventually.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm just warning you all ahead of time that if Dom remains in contention for the lynch the chances of a civ being lynched are significant. Spread the vote, give at least 2 people 2 votes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Wow. Interesting stuff up in this bizzitch! Luuuv the reference, DH!

ANYWHO!! Kate, why do you think an SK with his head firmly tied to a chopping block would continue to lie (whether or not he dies remains to be seen)? DH is making some cents to me, as well.

Timmer, why did you feel it was best to follow DH's train of thought and vote for juliets?

Who else hasn't voted yet and where are they?

Linkish: How do you know who he is?

So many questions....

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ok, so it's me, Russti, Vompatti, Mongoose, Aces and DP who haven't voted. I see 3 people who I may not get any thoughts out of.
Russti, Mongoose! My old teammies!!! :hugs: What do you 2 think?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, MP, I know you are super busy, but can we get an updated sequence of events on the first page soon?

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Wow. Interesting stuff up in this bizzitch! Luuuv the reference, DH!

ANYWHO!! Kate, why do you think an SK with his head firmly tied to a chopping block would continue to lie (whether or not he dies remains to be seen)? DH is making some cents to me, as well.

Timmer, why did you feel it was best to follow DH's train of thought and vote for juliets?

Who else hasn't voted yet and where are they?

Linkish: How do you know who he is?

So many questions....
I don't know why but I'm saying I think it's a bad idea to listen.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm just warning you all ahead of time that if Dom remains in contention for the lynch the chances of a civ being lynched are significant. Spread the vote, give at least 2 people 2 votes.
And I'm warning everyone that I will be lynched if voted and the chances of a civv being lynched are 100%. I don't want Dom to die either though so maybe there is another way out of this.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok, so it's me, Russti, Vompatti, Mongoose, Aces and DP who haven't voted. I see 3 people who I may not get any thoughts out of.
Arglebargle

I'm not sure, sug.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I'm just warning you all ahead of time that if Dom remains in contention for the lynch the chances of a civ being lynched are significant. Spread the vote, give at least 2 people 2 votes.
And I'm warning everyone that I will be lynched if voted and the chances of a civv being lynched are 100%. I don't want Dom to die either though so maybe there is another way out of this.
Civ Roles that won't die on the first lynch attempt = DH, juliets, Russti, and SVS. :ponder:
Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok, so it's me, Russti, Vompatti, Mongoose, Aces and DP who haven't voted. I see 3 people who I may not get any thoughts out of.
Arglebargle

I'm not sure, sug.
You insanified Gurl? Or just confused?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
juliets wrote:
Civ Roles that won't die on the first lynch attempt = DH, juliets, Russti, and SVS. :ponder:
Mongoose wrote:
Arglebargle

I'm not sure, sug.
You insanified Gurl? Or just confused?
Juliets is not a civ tho.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm not saying she is, doofus :p
I'm pointing out to her the civ roles that will survive the first lynch attempt against them.

I'd like to hear her response before voting, though.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: [NIGHT 2] The Red Room

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Dev you were NK'd in the other game. Doofus.
Before anyone says "HEY! No name calling!!" Payback's a bitch :p

PEACE OUT!

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I am 100% civv. Dh must know he will die this lynch and knows he can get away with saying I am not civv because he won't be around to face the repercussions. How would someone who is in a non-info role know what my alignment is?

Devin, I saw you put in the thread the roles that would not die in their first lynch but I'm not sure why. I am a civv who will die in their first lynch. Was there something you wanted me to respond to regarding those people?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I am 100% civv. Dh must know he will die this lynch and knows he can get away with saying I am not civv because he won't be around to face the repercussions. How would someone who is in a non-info role know what my alignment is?

Devin, I saw you put in the thread the roles that would not die in their first lynch but I'm not sure why. I am a civv who will die in their first lynch. Was there something you wanted me to respond to regarding those people?
:stare:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This was a fun experiment. I think next lynch I'll do the same thing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I learned a lot this lynch. I learned that you all would rather let a civvie die than contribute decent discussion. I learned I could literally spell out for you all my exact plan and you'd ignore me and go along with it anyway.

I also learned not to trust Dom. And not to extend an olive branch to civvies, ever. Lizzy, if you're out there, hit me up tonight, lets get killin'.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Just got back from a lovely date with my wife :D

I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of discussion. There's plenty to discuss here. I have a feeling I know who DH is. I'm still not clear on how he knows who Dom is but it could be in the (secrets). I don't feel comfortable voting for anyone who has a "case" against them right now. In an attempt to increase Dom's chances, though, I will put my vote to the one person who clearly doesn't have the desire/ability be here and be helpful. Nothing personal intended Aces, I'm sure you're super busy, too.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Finally somebody takes the bait.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

juliets wrote:
juliets, to answer your most recent question, I was responding to this when I pointed out the civs who will not die on the first lynch attempt against them. Perhaps I misunderstood the meaning in the underlined statement. Were you meaning that if we vote for you, the chances of a civ being lynched are 100%?

In any case, I didn't end up voting for you or gleam because I respect the fact that you are at least willing to come in and defend yourselves. That's not to say that this alone will protect you continuously in the future.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:Finally somebody takes the bait.
Dick. :p

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”