The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Post by Epignosis »

The 2014 Syndicate Game of Champions
Suits and Sorcery

A Game for 30 Champions
Civilians (18)
Must defeat the Suits and the Sorcerers. The game ends if this happens.

The Doctor- The last surviving Time Lord in the universe. He travels through time and space in the TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space), which is disguised as a police phone box. Usually he travels with a companion or companions. Comes off as mysterious and eccentric initially, but often shows that he is much more complicated than he appears. *Secrets*

Mr. Humphries- Is he or isn’t he? Each Night, Mr. Humphries can decide if he will be unable to be lynched in the next poll or be unable to be killed the next Night.

Andre the Giant- The eighth wonder of the world is the proverbial immovable object. He will stand in front of someone every Night to block that person.

Dead Collector- “Bring out your dead!” Collects the powers of the dead to be used one time. On Day 0, the Dead Collector must choose three Nights in which he will be working.

Concorde- “Message for you sir.” Chooses someone to defend each Night for the next phase. If the person guarded is lynched or Night killed in the next phase, Concorde will die in that person’s place. If this happens, however, Concorde can still win with the civilians even though he is dead.

Madame Blavatsky- One of the first and most influential Theosophists, who theorized about lost races. She role checks a dead person each Night.

Severus Snape- Potions Master and former Death Eater siding with the Order of the Phoenix, the Head of the House of Slytherin has made it his life ambition to obtain the Defense Against the Dark Art post. Snape will have access to a variety of enchanted concoctions that cause arcane effects. *Secrets*

Gleeok- Becomes up to three heads if lynched. *Secrets*

Wizzrobe- His target (given in the Day) can only target one of four people, as chosen by the Wizzrobe. Wizzrobe cannot be blocked.

The Face of Boe- He has lived a very long life and has seen much of the universe, growing knowledge and wise. His knowledge and wisdom allows him to know who represents the greater good and who seeks out more nefarious ends. Each Night, he may check one statement to determine if it is true or false.

Oin- Lights a fire to temporarily disrupt BTSC.

Madmartigan- Will protect someone each Night from Death

The Card Czar- Each Night, The Card Czar will submit a “black card” (whether selected or original) to the Host. This will be announced in the thread. During the Day, players may submit a “white card” (whether selected or original) to the Host. The Card Czar will receive all submissions at the end of the Day and will choose a winner that Night, as well as submit a new black card. The winner of the round will not be on the lynch poll the next Day.

Rogue- Steals the power of her target to use the next Night.

Cyclops- His optic blasts make his vote worth 3.

Simon Bellamy- He can become invisible. When he activates his power, his vote will not count in the next Day, but he will avoid any power that would target him at Night. He cannot become invisible two Nights in a row.

Colonel Mustard- Knows military secrets. Has info on the Night polls and events.

Stanley- Chooses who is lynched in all ties.

The Suits (4)
Must defeat the Civilians and the Sorcerers. The game ends if this happens.
Have BTSC
Kill on Odd Nights

Vince McMahon- As head of The Corporation, McMahon knows how to talk and weasel his way out of difficult situations. For each member of his team alive, McMahon’s received vote is reduced by 1 (maximum of -4).

Warden Samuel Norton- The Warden sends someone to the hole each Night for a full phase. That individual cannot post, vote, or use a Night action.

Preacher Harry Powell- “Your book is full a killins.” The reverend automatically learns the role of anybody his team kills.

Mr. Boddy- Can blackmail someone each night, threatening to reveal info about their role unless they vote as he directs.

The Sorcerers (4)
Must defeat the Civilians and the Suits. The game ends if this happens.
Have BTSC
Kill on Even Nights

Voldemort- The most powerful dark wizard in the world draws on the power of Horcruxes. In possession of the 7 Horcruxes - must use one every night. Because they’re part of his soul, they die out once used. He cannot be Night killed until his horcruxes are all used. *Secrets*

Bavmorda- The evil queen of Nockmaar will transform someone into a pig each Night. The spell lasts for a full phase. A pig may not vote, post, or use a Night action.

The Necromancer- A shadowy, ominous presence that rules the southern reaches of Mirkwood. The Necromancer automatically learns the role of anybody his team kills.

Aleister Crowley- Splintered off from the Golden Dawn to found Thelemic Magick. Occult genius, but not a very nice fellow. He redirects a Night action.

The Independents (4)

Omega Red- Receives three votes after each Night due to his deadly pheromones, which are cumulative. Each Night, Omega Red may choose to wrap his carbonadium coils around two people and drain them for two votes each. His targets will have 2 received votes the next Day, and Omega Red’s received vote total is reduced by 4 (Omega Red's benefit is cumulative). If he chooses not to do this, he can opt to kill that Night. Arkady Gregorovich must eliminate four specific roles he will select in the beginning and then survive.

Tyler Durden– On Day 0, Tyler Durden chooses one player to be The Narrator. He will learn that player’s role. If that person dies, he dies. Durden recruits someone into Project Mayhem each Night. Recruits do not change roles or alignments. Tyler Durden must have more recruits alive than non-recruits at the end to win. If he is targeted by two or more people in the same Night, he will force them to fight, and only those people will be on the poll the next Day. *Secrets*

The Hatter- Everyone needs a hat... *Secrets*

Gollum- *Secrets*
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [Day 0]

Post by Epignosis »

A Champion abides by these...

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners. BTSC takes place in a specific assigned chatzy. If I say your BTSC is interrupted or over, don't access it until I inform you otherwise.
2. No editing or deleting of posts.
3. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
4. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a power twice in a row).
5. Be respectful and remember that this is a game.
6. Dead players should not post on-topic and should be in dead red. There is a "dead" button when posting for this function.
7. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. There is an "OT" button when posting for this function.
8. Posts from non-players should be in non-player blue. There is a "np" button when posting for this function.
9. This is your host's color. All host posts will be in this color. Don't use it!

Additionally:

10. No team PMs are permitted. This is the Game of Champions. Killers will need to include in their PMs that they are the ones conducting the kill. If I receive a subsequent PM from a teammate saying he or she is conducting the kill, I will accept that as the latest of the team's wishes. Communicate with your team.
11. As this is the Game of Champions, and our moderating staff are all winners participating in this event, I will also be functioning as the "Mod on Duty." If you have a question, concern, need to report unsportsmanlike behavior, or just need to vent, I'm here. Aside from seeing people have fun, I have no vested interest here.
12. All votes may be changed before the deadline (any exceptions will be made clear).
13. Without a doctor's note (i.e., a valid reason), there will be no replacements. You signed up. Now dance! :feb:
14. No posting the contents of PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Index

Bass_the_Clever Link - Lynched Day 4. Warden Samuel Norton
bea Link
Black Rock Link - Killed Night 1.
Boomslang Link - Lynched Day 10. The Face of Boe
DFaraday Link - Lynched Day 3. Vince McMahon
Dom Link - Lynched Day 5. Bavmorda
DharmaHelper Link
Elohcin Link
FZ. Link - Killed Night 3.
Hedgeowl - Lynched Day 6. Omega Red
insertnamehere Link - Killed Night 2.
juliets Link
Lizzy Link
Long Con Link
Lorab Link
Made Link - Lynched Day 8. Mr. Boddy
Metalmarsh89 Link - Lynched Day 1. Mr. Humphries
Mongoose Link - Lynched Day 11. Voldemort.
MovingPictures07 Link
nijuukyugou Link - Lynched Day 9. The Hatter
reywaS Link
Roxy Link - Killed Day 6.
Russtifinko Link - Killed Night 8.
sabie12 Link - Killed Night 9.
Snow Dog - Lynched Day 7. The Necromancer Link
spacedaisy Link - Killed Night 11.
S~V~S Link
thellama73 Link - Lynched Day 2. The Dead Collector
timmer Link
Turnip Head Link - Killed Night 5.
zeek Link

Alive: 12
Dead: 19

Epignosis Link

Beginning
Day 0
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
Night 5
Day 6
Night 6
Day 7
Night 7
Day 8
Night 8
Day 9
Night 9
Day 10
Day 11
Night 11
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Welcome to the 2014 Game of Champions on The Syndicate
In life, there are those who rise to the occasion, who take whatever circumstances they are thrown into and make something amazing, who use their natural skills in generating prosperity, finding fulfilling careers, doing brave, heroic deeds, and even falling in love, to retire one day and live happily ever after.

You are here because you are a winner.

Perhaps not in any of those meaningful aforementioned senses, but you did win at least one game on the Internet in the previous calendar year, so go you.

Feel free to regale us with your greatest accomplishment in Mafia in 2014 on The Syndicate, even if this accomplishment did not ultimately result in a victory. And then vote for the game in which that took place.

Good luck, and may the odds be...may the wind be...may the circle be...may the force be...

May YOU kick much ass, champ.

It is now Day 0. You have until 6:00pm EST of January 5th, 2015 to vote.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by insertnamehere »

So, let me preface this by saying that I am by no means, an expert at coding. This was the first really big program that I've decided to make. It could work, it could not, I'm going to try and see.

I've created a program that goes into every poster's game history, specifically games where they were bad, and sees what their top phrases or words are. It then contrasts those with the top words or phrases from a persons post history when they were good. It then eliminates the words that were on both lists, leaving us with that person's tells. After that, it goes into this thread, and sees how many times someone uses words or phrases identified as tells. The higher that number is, the more likely chance you are to be bad. This was a bitch to make, and it's something I've worked on for a long time, a bit of a pet project if you will.

Now, of course, because of the limited sample size, the program is more likely to be incorrect these first few days, but, as more and more people post, I know more and more about their role.

To summarize, I'm the NSA now, bitches.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I just can't help but feel like you could have waited a few days before announcing that :p Hope it works though. I've got my baddie-hunting glasses on. Yay game!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

As for the poll question, I think my greatest mafia achievement in 2014 was in Harry Potter Mafia. It's like Day 10 or whatever and Epi rezzes the role checker, who then rezzes his BTSC partner, and they have intel on half our mafia team. I had to help convince Epi and the rest of the civilians that the rezzed players were recruited and that all their info was false. Somehow it worked and we won!
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Just wanted to check in and say I'm here!!
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Checking in :) Obviously I only won Doctor Who so that has to be my greatest and only accomplishment haha!
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

Hi zeek. Nice to play with you again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:So, let me preface this by saying that I am by no means, an expert at coding. This was the first really big program that I've decided to make. It could work, it could not, I'm going to try and see.

I've created a program that goes into every poster's game history, specifically games where they were bad, and sees what their top phrases or words are. It then contrasts those with the top words or phrases from a persons post history when they were good. It then eliminates the words that were on both lists, leaving us with that person's tells. After that, it goes into this thread, and sees how many times someone uses words or phrases identified as tells. The higher that number is, the more likely chance you are to be bad. This was a bitch to make, and it's something I've worked on for a long time, a bit of a pet project if you will.

Now, of course, because of the limited sample size, the program is more likely to be incorrect these first few days, but, as more and more people post, I know more and more about their role.

*Flashes back to 2013 Champs game* ok Harold. Lulz.

I have to think about this. In WWE we pulled the wool so hard over Epis eyes that he's still pulling it our of his belly button. In X-Men, I had to Sugar Momma four people that had no idea. Those both were challenging and way fun.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by thellama73 »

My greatest achievement was obviously being crowned King of the Morlocks in X-Men.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Elohcin »

Yay game! When Epi says he was starting the game Saturday, he really meant he was starting Saturday...12:01am post :p.

I will be voting for Harry Potter Mafia as well.

Looking forward to this game. It would be so sweet to win the game of champions!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 291

Post by S~V~S »

After reading back a bit, I decided to go with WWE. I had forgotten that Epi was the ninja. While finding the even killing ninja on night one was pure luck, I think aiming him away from us was a lot of work, and I think we did a good job. I am proud of that win.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Snow Dog »

I would say Cars probably (although i was lucky not to be Nked) but it isn't there.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I consider Felt my greatest achievement out of these options. I ended up being the last civilian to die so I basically made it to the end of the game. Even though I didn't win I was still proud of myself since it was my first.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I'm going to have to say WWE. I won all but one of the mini-games which the prizes really helped. Then we came up with the plan to throw MP under the bus which I think got S~V~S & I a lot oh civvie cred in the beginning of the game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Both Cars and Monopoly (as themes) will be featured in the 2015 game since they ended at the very end of the year.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 463
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game!!!! It's really awesome to be playing this one, as much as I enjoyed hosting last year! :)

LOL, flashbacks right off the back from INH. I'm glad Media isn't in this game. :haha:

As to which game I feel was my best performance... that's a good question. Especially since I somehow managed 6 wins this year! A stark contrast to last year, where the only game I won was Minimalism. :p

I missed out on Harry Potter, X-Men, Cards Against Humanity, Film Noir, Willow, and The Stanley Parable, sadly. And I hosted Fight Club. That leaves:

- WWE: This was so awesome. I had a fantastic team (Boomslang, Bass, and S~V~S), and even though I sacrificed myself and S~V~S and Bass carried us to the win, I feel that was easily one of my finest performances ever. Contender
- The Hobbit: Terrible. Lynched D1 and I was perhaps the most important role on my baddie team. Then two of my teammates got lynched D2 and D3, and Dom got killed later. Definitely NOT this. NOT a contender
- Monty Python: Equally bad. Lynched D1 as an SK. NOT a contender
- Doctor Who: Epic. Not only did I get to be an amazingly awesome role, The Doctor, but then I was recruited by a secret recruiter, much to my shock, and we assembled a really awesome team lineup. Contender

- The Shawshank Redemption: I loved being Red in this game, but boo put me in the hole for like three whole cycles!! Not sure it was one of my best performances, and I didn't win, but it was a lot of fun. NOT a contender
- Are You Being Served?: This was perhaps one of the most fun roles I ever had; if I ever missed the lynch vote, and subsequently got at least three people to talk about my crazy "story" for being "late", I got a role check. I only accomplished this once, but it was nice to play totally differently than my usual style. And I did win! Contender
- Occultism: I got NKed, but then brought back to life! Managed to win when we lynched the inactive independent BWT. This was a lot of fun and I actually managed to catch a baddie and the independent even though I am typically a terrible civvie. Contender
- Misfits: This was one hell of a game where the baddies pulled the wool over our eyes so badly and everyone was convinced Made was bad... then he wasn't! So much fun, but definitely not my finest performance. Lol. NOT a contender
- Clue: The Movie: This was awesome! Even though I suspected Epig, the sole amazing baddie hunter of the game, of being Mr. Boddy :p , I did manage to catch a baddie on D1 (sabie) and despite my typical inattentive civvie behavior I feel I performed better than my usual civvie self here. Contender
- Zelda: Ganon's Conquest: Considering I was NKed on Night 3, I didn't really have the chance to get my head around this game, sadtly. NOT a contender

Cars and Monopoly aren't on here... Monopoly would have definitely been considered, whereas Cars ranks up with The Hobbit and Monty as my three worst performances this year. :p

In the end, I went with WWE, since I feel that truly was my best performance of all the games I won.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Question for Epig: There are still only 30 roles listed but there are 31 players. Will a 31st role be revealed?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Question for Epig: There are still only 30 roles listed but there are 31 players. Will a 31st role be revealed?
Really? Huh.

:ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Question for Epig: There are still only 30 roles listed but there are 31 players. Will a 31st role be revealed?
Really? Huh.

Damn secret roles. :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

yay, got back from vacation just in time for the start of the game. My favorite accomplishment was as Smaug in Hobbit where I was the SK and won the game singly. I can't remember another game where I played an SK and I always thought it would be impossible to win as that role. I also really loved my role in Fight Club where I got to take notes from each of the towns and send them off to the head civ (can't remember the name) to give him/her some insight into what was going on in all the threads. I was so meticulous about those notes but then I found out that all that time the person I had been sending to was Kate and she was too busy and dropped out of the game. I was so disappointed - all that work and no one was reading it! Lol, such is mafia!

Also, inh you make me laugh!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:yay, got back from vacation just in time for the start of the game. My favorite accomplishment was as Smaug in Hobbit where I was the SK and won the game singly. I can't remember another game where I played an SK and I always thought it would be impossible to win as that role. I also really loved my role in Fight Club where I got to take notes from each of the towns and send them off to the head civ (can't remember the name) to give him/her some insight into what was going on in all the threads. I was so meticulous about those notes but then I found out that all that time the person I had been sending to was Kate and she was too busy and dropped out of the game. I was so disappointed - all that work and no one was reading it! Lol, such is mafia!

Indeed, I was so disappointed about that! I am so glad that timmer got to replace in as Narrator 2.0 because you two made an awesome team.

And you rocked it as Smaug. :srsnod:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

juliets wrote:yay, got back from vacation just in time for the start of the game. My favorite accomplishment was as Smaug in Hobbit where I was the SK and won the game singly. I can't remember another game where I played an SK and I always thought it would be impossible to win as that role. I also really loved my role in Fight Club where I got to take notes from each of the towns and send them off to the head civ (can't remember the name) to give him/her some insight into what was going on in all the threads. I was so meticulous about those notes but then I found out that all that time the person I had been sending to was Kate and she was too busy and dropped out of the game. I was so disappointed - all that work and no one was reading it! Lol, such is mafia!

Juliets-- you played admirably in Hobbit!!

I think my best performance was in Shawshank Redemption Mafia. I won as the SK after gaining enough of SVS's trust to convince her I was civvie! Then, she rezzed me after I had been NK'd. I only got to utilize my power towards the end, and it was a nail biter the whole time! Truly an awesome experience. :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Although, I do consider my relative level-headedness in Doctor Who despite my frustration was a pretty big accomplishment as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:Although, I do consider my relative level-headedness in Doctor Who despite my frustration was a pretty big accomplishment as well.
You played The Master so incredibly well; I'm still in awe over that, frankly.

We had some amazing SK performances this year between you and juliets.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Although, I do consider my relative level-headedness in Doctor Who despite my frustration was a pretty big accomplishment as well.
You played The Master so incredibly well; I'm still in awe over that, frankly.

We had some amazing SK performances this year between you and juliets.
thank :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

The SK role is perhaps the consistently hardest role to win as, IMO, so it was cool to see it win not only once but twice this year.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:As for the poll question, I think my greatest mafia achievement in 2014 was in Harry Potter Mafia. It's like Day 10 or whatever and Epi rezzes the role checker, who then rezzes his BTSC partner, and they have intel on half our mafia team. I had to help convince Epi and the rest of the civilians that the rezzed players were recruited and that all their info was false. Somehow it worked and we won!
Being the rezzed role-checker who knew half your team, I also considered it my crowning achievement of 2014, even if I did ultimately lose. You just played an even better one. :mafia:

Strange year. I played better in some of the games that I lost than I did in the games I won.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Really? Huh.

Damn secret roles. :p
:wall:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Strange year. I played better in some of the games that I lost than I did in the games I won.
That's what happened to me last year, easily, since I only won the one game.

I still honestly think Masters of the Universe is the best game I've ever played, or at least up there, and I certainly didn't win that game.

Increasing (decreasing) effort or performance definitely doesn't convert to necessarily winning (losing). :p
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

You played an awesome game in Doctor Who and deserved to be a winner.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote:So, let me preface this by saying that I am by no means, an expert at coding. This was the first really big program that I've decided to make. It could work, it could not, I'm going to try and see.

It took you 4 days to write 9 roles. Nice try.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Post by DharmaHelper »

The poll for me is an obvious choice. my best game by a mile was Misfits mafia. I started as a civ and got recruited, and was able to use the good will I'd accumulated in order to coast to victory. My team in that game was top notch as well. So, that to me is a clear and classic example of my "best game". Being able to not only hide in plain sight, but to recognize and manipulate the thread to fit what I needed at any given time.

Though the poll doesn't ask for my "best game". The poll asks for my greatest accomplishment. And while making the civvies dance on strings all the way 'round to the finish line is a pretty good accomplishment, in the grand, "Champion" scheme of things, that sort of play is, in a word, unexceptional. It would be shameful if, as a "Champion", I was UNABLE to do what I did in Misfits. So, while that was a great performance, it won't get my vote in the poll.

My best accomplishment has to have been in Fight Club mafia. As a testament to the gravitas and legend that is myself, I endured in Fight Club long past my (totally bullshit and completely uncalled for and 100% whack) NK by the (totally bullshit and completely whack and a curse on your cow and a pox on your bloodline may you walk a mile of broken glass with lemon wedges for shoes) police force. I had fought, schemed, and done all the sort of usually great things one comes to expect from a "Champion" caliber player. The genius, the remarkable thing about my performance, is that long after I had been NK'd, and the game had shifted to its next phase, the thread ran wild with theories and speculations surrounding yours truly. Like Kaiser Soze himself, i had risen into mythological status. I had transcended mortal mafia play and become something else entirely. That my team was able to use my life and death in that game to their advantage so masterfully, so exactly, speaks volumes to their genius as well.

So, my best game? Misfits. My best accomplishment however, dear Host? Becoming Kaiser Motherfucking Soze in Fight Club.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

If Monopoly were on there, I'd definitely put that as my greatest this year. Since it's not, I'll go with Monty Python, which I won as the Black Knight.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Interesting that the most recent games aren't poll options even though the winners from those games qualified. Makes me think this poll is relevant to the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:Interesting that the most recent games aren't poll options even though the winners from those games qualified. Makes me think this poll is relevant to the game.
That's a very good point; you're probably right.

In the 2013 Champions game, the D0 poll was pretty much exactly the same. I ended up using the poll as themes that drove all kinds of events, with the players "visiting" each theme in order of most to least votes. So it's possible Epig will do something similar here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Somehow I doubt Epig would repeat exactly what I did though, even if all his events would inevitably be totally different. But I agree that it very likely has in-game consequences.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by reywaS »

Staying alive in X-Men for sure.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by reywaS »

Staying alive and winning I should say. :D Even if I was secretly recruited. lol
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:

It took you 4 days to write 9 roles. Nice try.
:haha:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by FZ. »

Not sure how much I'll be able to put into the game, but I feel I need it as a distraction, so I plan to try. Anyway, please bear with me.

This is my first year here. WWE and Shawshank were my first games on the site, but I don't remember much other than being NK very early on.

So it's between Willow, where I won as an independent role and had a lot of fun messing with people, not to mention I helped the civvies win, which is something rather rare here, and "Are you being Served" which was such a fun game, and I think I was pretty good at finding the baddies at that one, again, making it a civvie win.

Going with Willow because I brought the players to the point where both sides needed me, and I could do whatever I wanted.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Glad to see you here for the champions game, FZ.!

I do agree you nailed Are You Being Served? as a civvie; if it wasn't for you and S~V~S, we probably wouldn't have won that game!
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Lizzy »

Ommogmgogm haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Well naturally my greatest achievement was hosting HP with Matt, butt since it's not very polite to vote for that one it'll have to be between Film Noir and X-Men. Whilst FN meant excellent team work with Nev which lead us to victory, I think I'll go with X-Men. I think I could've gotten away with victory if I had access to internetz during that day period to defend myself. Oh well, Hawkeye and Danger ftw :mafia:
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:Ommogmgogm haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaai :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Well naturally my greatest achievement was hosting HP with Matt,
:hugs:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Oh man. So many good games. This was also my first year here, and I had no idea that online mafia existed, or even how the concept worked online vs. the party game. But Epi/Rob asked if I'd be interested in taking a role for X-men as a sock, and I agreed, not having any idea what I was getting into. And here I am, addicted :biggrin:

That being said, my greatest accomplishment is going to have to be in Legend of Zelda. I was super invested in that game for multiple reasons (theme, role, not wanting to do anything actually work-related at the time). I had a role which required me not to take certain numbers of votes in order for me to kill, and I managed to take zero votes throughout the entire game. I also had incredible teammates who were also invested, and we schemed schemed schemed throughout the whole game, especially in the last periods when we were pretty much outed in the end...and still managed to win :feb:

Second place goes to making up pussy stories for Are You Being Served? because pussy stories :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

So many great games this year and looking at the list I played so few of them. :( My bad. :( :(

I'm going with Python because I had SO much fun that game and even though our team lost in the end, it was the closest I'd come to winning as a baddie since I won with BDH on HV. (I know I technically won Homestar as a baddie but as I had to replace out, it wasn't a stellar "performace" ya know? And I know I cam close in Recruitment, but really my team was hosed once Typh came back. :sigh: What a rock and hard place that game was.)

INH- I'm not buying one word about your program. LOL. DId like the throwback to last year's game though. ;)

Dom - you were fantastic in Dr Who. You should be proud of that game.

Newt - I feel like you - the games I performed best in were not the one I won. I won that one by being clueless and saying "Whatever you think is best lorab."

Also - I doubt that I will be less clueless this game. This week alone is a 70 hour work week. This afternoon is the longest I've seen my hubby all week. I'll do my best, but if I seem distant and lost on the finer details etc - you know why.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 71

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Glad to see you here for the champions game, FZ.!

I do agree you nailed Are You Being Served? as a civvie; if it wasn't for you and S~V~S, we probably wouldn't have won that game!

I loved your ridiculous excuses for not voting :D
nijuukyugou wrote:Oh man. So many good games. This was also my first year here, and I had no idea that online mafia existed, or even how the concept worked online vs. the party game. But Epi/Rob asked if I'd be interested in taking a role for X-men as a sock, and I agreed, not having any idea what I was getting into. And here I am, addicted :biggrin:

That being said, my greatest accomplishment is going to have to be in Legend of Zelda. I was super invested in that game for multiple reasons (theme, role, not wanting to do anything actually work-related at the time). I had a role which required me not to take certain numbers of votes in order for me to kill, and I managed to take zero votes throughout the entire game. I also had incredible teammates who were also invested, and we schemed schemed schemed throughout the whole game, especially in the last periods when we were pretty much outed in the end...and still managed to win :feb:

Second place goes to making up pussy stories for Are You Being Served? because pussy stories :noble:
Your pussy stories along with Mongoose's menus were the highlights of that game, and I loved everything about the game, so it wasn't an easy accomplishment :srsnod:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:Newt
Alas, I am an Aardvark now. To be, or not to be...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”