The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Who killed spacedaisy...I mean, of course you know. Should he die?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

DharmaHelper
40%
zeek
10%
A Person (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 441

Re: The Syndicate 2014 Game of Champions [ENDGAME]

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:Good game with Russ as well, didn't expect him to be the other suit.
I had list after list of names I had been analyzing trying to find the suit. Figured I'd snipe Russ and gain the kill. Little did I know MP would inherit the kill
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I was also limited that day by a potion from SVS saying I must use words only from night 2. So the names I could underline were limited to anyone I had mentioned that night. Timmer I think caught the night 2 quotes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 268

Post by zeek »

Looks like it ended before MP could get his win, sorry :P
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

zeek wrote:Looks like it ended before MP could get his win, sorry :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Nice jobs civs/winners! I was having a blast this game but got killed way too soon as usual. Thanks for the game, Epi! See you all next year? :feb:
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I want a lil cred as well :noble:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I had list after list of names I had been analyzing trying to find the suit. Figured I'd snipe Russ and gain the kill. Little did I know MP would inherit the kill
But MP got the kill and you recognized that and redirected it to spacedaisy, stopping him from winning.

I told him not to out himself. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
But MP got the kill and you recognized that and redirected it to spacedaisy, stopping him from winning.

Recognized it insofar as you said "Tyler Durden has the kill" shortly after MP said "Hey guys I'm Tyler Durden." :haha:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Gollum- *Secret*
Gollum has no allegiance except to The Precious, which he unfortunately lost a long time ago. Gollum may choose one person to establish anonymous BTSC with on any Night, and he will share that person’s win condition from then on. However. if anyone tries to Night kill Gollum, he will survive the torture, but will tell his would-be killer the role of his partner. Paranoid, he will leave that partner and is free to target someone else on a subsequent Night, gaining a different win condition. Gollum’s vote is worth 0.
I targeted DH on Night 2, because I thought he was bad and I wanted to find out for sure before getting him lynched.

I was surprised to find that I didn't actually find out what my new win condition was when I joined him, but I acted like I knew he was bad and he eventually confirmed he was a Sorcerer. So, I did what I could to keep him from knowing I was Long Con... he guessed I was zeek early on, and I went with it. I would mostly try to come to the chat only when zeek was posting.

I tried my best to get DH lynched for most of the game, but I decided to do it as honourably as I could, so I built a case based on his so-called connection to DFaraday, and made the case that he was a Suit based on that, and on his other behaviours. :noble: And I couldn't get it done, he was too damn good, and kept not getting lynched.

On night 6(?), he redirected Snape's potion to zeek, believing him to be Gollum, aka me. That potion made zeek into Marla Singer, and shaped the game considerably for him and Timmer.

Somewhere along the line I realized that getting DH killed wouldn't free me of his win condition, and I tried to draw the nightkill so I could attach to a Civvie and ride the game out in style and comfort. DH laughed sarcastically at my attempts without even knowing why it was so appropriate... he just saw right through them and mocked me. :srsnod:

Around Day 9 or so, I finally gave in and told DH everything. My role PM, my identity as Long Con, and everything else I knew. I threw myself into helping the Sorcerers gain an advantage, but it was too late. DharmaHelper, being the fine player he is, agreed to nightkill me so that I could move on and get a Civvie win condition. :noble: :noble: :noble:

The Boomslang lynch came, and I realized that if Mongoose went down, and DH killed me that night, then we lynched DH.... the game would end without me having a win condition. So I had to throw myself into the Boomslang lynch, to eke out one more night during which I could get BTSC with, and win condition from, Timmer.

So that's my story. I posted "I am not a baddie" so that Boe would check it, and that turned around into me getting Boe lynched so that I could become a Civvie.

Epic game.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

You chose me to pretend to be? I'm in a totally different timezone haha! Got your new win conditions just in time anyway, well done :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Recognized it insofar as you said "Tyler Durden has the kill" shortly after MP said "Hey guys I'm Tyler Durden." :haha:
Mafia is hard.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

great job host - good game guys. Sorry I wasn't a champion player. Please don't not play Timmer and DH because I suck. You'd think after all this time, I'd be better, but alas, that is not so.

So thank you all for taking the high road and dealing with me anyway. :hugs:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Early on in our chat LC said "rumour" instead of "rumor" so I had to narrow it down between the non-americans that were actually playing. :haha:

I can't recall when I stopped thinking "I want to win" and started thinking "I want LC to win"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:Early on in our chat LC said "rumour" instead of "rumor" so I had to narrow it down between the non-americans that were actually playing. :haha:

I can't recall when I stopped thinking "I want to win" and started thinking "I want LC to win"
:hugs: This guy, everyone.... this guy!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

zeek wrote:You chose me to pretend to be? I'm in a totally different timezone haha! Got your new win conditions just in time anyway, well done :P
DH guessed me to be zeek, somewhat idly, so I threw out a blush emoticon and went with it. :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Yes thank you Epi for being a great host.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:Early on in our chat LC said "rumour" instead of "rumor" so I had to narrow it down between the non-americans that were actually playing. :haha:

That's sweet.

Till about the time he dropped his suspish on you, I thought LC was Boe because he was the only other one that thought you were bad. I figured he was so sure he HAD to have info. Then he dropped it and I was all IDKWTF anymore.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MP got the Harry Potter wand that let him cast a curse to make juliets only allowed to use words she used during a certain phase. This difficulty was compounded by The Hatter's message to her that she needed to underline three names to invite to a tea party.

In X-Men, Turnip Head got Cerebro, which would give him a snippet of BTSC.

In The Hobbit, the ring would make a civilian who took it unlynchable. If that person voted for The Necromancer, that person would die (and Roxy did). If that person voted for Gollum, Gollum would get the ring. Any non-civilian with the ring (Necromancer or Gollum) would have a vote worth 2.

In Fight Club, any non-recruit who voted Tyler Durden would have +2 votes the next day, but no one did because everyone knew who Tyler Durden was. I told Tyler Durden not to out himself.

Monty Python was silly shit. If you PMd me your name and your quest, you got a third question from timmer about some biology shit. If you answered that, you got to find out if someone's role had "ni" in it. Timmer and zeek were the only ones to do this.

With Dr. Who, Turnip Head correctly picked Roxy as The Doctor, but she chose not to have BTSC with him.

Occultism let the dead give me three words. These words could be voted on to gain an anonymous resurrection (The Ghost).

In Felt, the Hatter would know who had a hat among those who voted for what she did.

The Triforce of Wisdom for The Legend of Zelda did exactly what it did in the original game. It's user could learn a role's secrets. Timmer won it (by pointing out that a Raven is like an Eagle because they have the same NFL record) and learned Voldemort's secrets.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:In The Hobbit, the ring would make a civilian who took it unlynchable. If that person voted for The Necromancer, that person would die (and Roxy did). If that person voted for Gollum, Gollum would get the ring. Any non-civilian with the ring (Necromancer or Gollum) would have a vote worth 2.
OOOOO! I wanted that Ring so badly. :) I didn't care what it did, but that would have been sweet!
The Triforce of Wisdom for The Legend of Zelda did exactly what it did in the original game. It's user could learn a role's secrets. Timmer won it (by pointing out that a Raven is like an Eagle because they have the same NFL record) and learned Voldemort's secrets.
Heh heh... no Polyjuice Potion! ;)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

juliets wrote:I was also limited that day by a potion from SVS saying I must use words only from night 2. So the names I could underline were limited to anyone I had mentioned that night. Timmer I think caught the night 2 quotes.
I actually shit my pants after I mentioned that about your posts. I knew why you were repeating posts because I knew info about the night posts and knew that MP got the wand and would pick someone to hit it with. I didn't anticipate your 2nd curse! But I pointed out what you were doing too quickly, and I thought that people would see it and think *I* had hit you with the curse, maybe making me out to be Hatter or something. I was very glad when not a soul noticed it, lol.

Zeek, you get MEGA kudos. Our BTSC was big time fun, you put together some good cases on people, and your end-game gambit to target MP was brilliant! You totally nailed that the last baddie would redirect him, lol.

and MP didn't win? As his Narrator, I'm kind of sad about that, once I knew who I was, I kind of tried to protect him lol.
My siggie.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

This really was an epic game, Epi, thank you very much :)

I'm actually shocked I didn't get killed earlier. Guess it all makes more sense now!

No "ni" in LC's role description + no hat = not mafia. That's why I trusted you, not Boom's vouch!

linki - oh you :blush: You were brilliant in how you saw the game! I'm just sorry I flinched from Mongoose and voted Boom. Hope I didn't disappoint you too much with that. Sorry I wasn't around much, I couldn't have asked for a better partner :)
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 259

Post by timmer »

Oh yeah! Y'all should have answereded the knights who say NI's questions! You got to ask them if a certain player of your choice had "ni", and since most roles had the word universe or night in them, most were a yes, but if you hit a NO like we did with Long Con, you could learn a lot about him!
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote:Oh yeah! Y'all should have answereded the knights who say NI's questions! You got to ask them if a certain player of your choice had "ni", and since most roles had the word universe or night in them, most were a yes, but if you hit a NO like we did with Long Con, you could learn a lot about him!
Yeah, I thought that was a fun, quirky mechanic, but nobody else sent the PM.
zeek
Money Launderer

Post by zeek »

I can't wait till MP gets here :noble:

What a loser :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
timmer wrote:Oh yeah! Y'all should have answereded the knights who say NI's questions! You got to ask them if a certain player of your choice had "ni", and since most roles had the word universe or night in them, most were a yes, but if you hit a NO like we did with Long Con, you could learn a lot about him!
I didn't realize we had to PM anything :shrug:

Sorry!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, the order of the themes was decided by Day 0, of course, but dead people's votes no longer counted. So the order could change.

The Hobbit was obviously a pro-Sorcerer place, but we never got to Film Noir, which was a pro-Suit place:

Film Noir
The Hays Code is in Effect.- Any profanity of any kind will result in Preacher Harry Powell’s vote the next Day becoming +1 for each instance.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I didn't realize we had to PM anything :shrug:

Sorry!
Nobody did. Only Col. Mustard and his BTSC guy zeek did.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Also, the order of the themes was decided by Day 0, of course, but dead people's votes no longer counted. So the order could change.

The Hobbit was obviously a pro-Sorcerer place, but we never got to Film Noir, which was a pro-Suit place:

Film Noir
The Hays Code is in Effect.- Any profanity of any kind will result in Preacher Harry Powell’s vote the next Day becoming +1 for each instance.
Motherfucker.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, I didn't PM the Questions Three, I just said them in the thread.

No effect. :(
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Dom »

Dh--- you played our team amazingly well. I wish it would have turned out better.

TBH-- Epi you are a great host. I love your games a lot. :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:Dh--- you played our team amazingly well. I wish it would have turned out better.

Everyone on the team played amazingly. I was just the last one to get shot in the face.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Dom wrote:Dh--- you played our team amazingly well. I wish it would have turned out better.

Everyone on the team played amazingly. I was just the last one to get shot in the face.
our BTSC chat was awesome too. I'll miss it.

TBH, DH, you have more patience than I do-- I would have, and did, have an in-thread fit. You played it better than I ever could.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 83
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hot damn civvies. SVS and I decided on Day 2 that DH was bad and needed to go and he STILL made it to Day 12??????

Nice job DH.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

TBH, DH, you have more patience than I do-- I would have, and did, have an in-thread fit. You played it better than I ever could.
I was almost gonna lose it when the Ghost that got rezzed due to clever role claiming/outing also infodumped the Gandalf thing. :phew:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

SVS, I'm blaming you for not listening. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by thellama73 »

Lol, this game was ridic. I still cannot believe that the entire thread literally caught Made in an outright lie, yet explained it all away and didn't lynch him until many days later. I would say how proud I am about being right about him, if it were not for the fact that it was the most freaking obvious thing I've ever seen.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh also, DH? You had me completely fooled, even following the thread right up to the end. Awesome game, man.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:Lol, this game was ridic. I still cannot believe that the entire thread literally caught Made in an outright lie, yet explained it all away and didn't lynch him until many days later. I would say how proud I am about being right about him, if it were not for the fact that it was the most freaking obvious thing I've ever seen.
Hey, I caught Made out D2 and defended you! :hug:

Linki: Thanks

ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

epi - who would have come back if the other poll options for the dead players had won?

I'm dying to know who put Abed is Batman. :D

Marshy - for what it's worth - I did actually want to die so we could bring someone back. I was going to try to bring you back if it happened. Sadly no one tried to NK me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:epi - who would have come back if the other poll options for the dead players had won?

I'm dying to know who put Abed is Batman. :D

Marshy - for what it's worth - I did actually want to die so we could bring someone back. I was going to try to bring you back if it happened. Sadly no one tried to NK me.
My fault really

1) I semi-intentionally took the Day 1 lynch with the hopes that a rezz would arise in the future, in which case I would not have to worry about being lynched, and could survive to endgame.

2) When Epi PM'd all the dead players with that opportunity, I completely forgot to respond and take advantage of it. I was literally almost throwing things.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

For the record, I said "There's a seemer"
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I was almost gonna lose it when the Ghost that got rezzed due to clever role claiming/outing also infodumped the Gandalf thing. :phew:
Well, I lost it when MP outed me-- you are a better man than I.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hot damn civvies. SVS and I decided on Day 2 that DH was bad and needed to go and he STILL made it to Day 12??????
You guys decided?

I not only decided he was bad, I made it my lifestyle for the whole game!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

:consoling: Sorry for your luck Dom. I think people should start getting modkilled again.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

You need winner's banners, Epig?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I was "Abed is Batman" :D
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: :consoling: Sorry for your luck Dom. I think people should start getting modkilled again.
I'm going to modkill everyone the next time I host. :D

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hot damn civvies. SVS and I decided on Day 2 that DH was bad and needed to go and he STILL made it to Day 12??????
You guys decided?

I not only decided he was bad, I made it my lifestyle for the whole game!
SVS got temp BTSC with me Day 2 after I died, and DH was our number 1 dicussion point (a couple others as well). Anyway, we both agreed he was absolutely bad and needed to be lynched.

There wasn't anything I could do. I could only vote for AP every day. :shrug:

Linki @llama: :fiesta:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Dom wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

:consoling: Sorry for your luck Dom. I think people should start getting modkilled again.
Don't be sorry-- that doesn't change anything.

Lynch and kill outers. Ruin their games. Make their lives miserable. Ruin everything for them. Make them feel how I have felt when I have played flawless games (see Doctor Who Mafia) and still get lynched simply because all the civvies out themselves.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

^and others.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”