Omertà Mafia [Day 6]

Who made Turnip Head's sacrifice pointless?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:13 pm

DharmaHelper
No votes
fingersplints
27%
Golden
No votes
Hedgeowl
36%
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Neverwhere
No votes
TinyBubbles
No votes
Bob Hope (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
36%

Total votes: 11
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Omertà Mafia [Day 2]

Post by ika »

missing person might be scum

(if anyone ask for my reasons they are soloy on gut cus i dont know anyone here well enought ot know traits)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Mere minutes left. Are there more votes to come in? :rolleyes:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I forgot this day ended so early.

Good thing I already voted though, I think.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Who interrupted Roxy's board game?

Poll ended at Wed May 27, 2015 2:31 pm

DharmaHelper
Long Con (10)
8%

DREAM
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

fingersplints
No votes

Golden
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

ika
MovingPictures07 (4), Missing Person (8), thellama73 (12)
25%

Long Con
ika (2), DharmaHelper (11)
17%

MetalMarsh89
Turnip Head (6)
8%

Missing Person
No votes

MovingPictures07
No votes

Neverwhere
No votes

thellama73
No votes

TinyBubbles
Neverwhere (9)
8%

Turnip Head
Metalmarsh89 (5), Golden (7)
17%

Redd Foxx
Epignosis (1), Heiots (3)
17%

Total votes : 12
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Is it a bad idea that i jsut want to make post like these and not give any imput?"

YES.

ika has been lynched and was Bill Coley.

Night 2 ends when I receive both PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Vote registered for Long Con.

Long Con has died. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Omertà Mafia [Day 3]

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, seriously guys, killing my best friend Long Con is not okay. I need to do some rereading.

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, game! So I'm a bit surprised that ika got lynched, but I guess I'm not really since he was playing oddly.

I'm going to re-read the thread later and check out the voting history, see what I can find, since with LC dead I'm not really sure where to look at the moment.
DREAM
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DREAM »

I meant to check in :doh: but I got high :cloud9: :haha:

These day/night cycles are moving much faster than I had anticipated. I've been reading and it definitely requires another read. I'll be looking at the voting and amongst other things.
:workit:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DREAM wrote:I meant to check in :doh: but I got high :cloud9: :haha:

These day/night cycles are moving much faster than I had anticipated. I've been reading and it definitely requires another read. I'll be looking at the voting and amongst other things.
Best first post ever! :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 40

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIP LC. Sad to see you go, even sadder to see I was wrong in my assessment of you. My eye is firmly planted on Eloh for today's lynch, for simultaneously warning us that lynching non-contributors would be bad, and then voting for TH, a non-contributor. Doesn't add up. :shrug:

I will have to re-read everyone else to get a better grip on them.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Sorry guys, I have not taken this game seriously at all. Just pretend I'm on the sideline and that will helpfully narrow the field of people you need to be looking at in order to lynch a baddie today. I'm just here for the peace and quiet.
DREAM

Post by DREAM »

Turnip Head wrote:Sorry guys, I have not taken this game seriously at all. Just pretend I'm on the sideline and that will helpfully narrow the field of people you need to be looking at in order to lynch a baddie today. I'm just here for the peace and quiet.
:confused2: :confused2:
thellama73 wrote:Okay, seriously guys, killing my best friend Long Con is not okay. I need to do some rereading.

Of all of your posts, this one stuck out to me the most. I don't know, the reference to him being your 'best friend' didn't really sit right with me. Your previous posts I didn't feel one way or the other about it, just this one.
ika wrote:missing person might be scum

(if anyone ask for my reasons they are soloy on gut cus i dont know anyone here well enought ot know traits)
This post makes me think that ika was on to something.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

:biggrin:
DREAM

Post by DREAM »

Turnip Head wrote:Sorry guys, I have not taken this game seriously at all. Just pretend I'm on the sideline and that will helpfully narrow the field of people you need to be looking at in order to lynch a baddie today. I'm just here for the peace and quiet.
:confused2: :confused2:
thellama73 wrote:Okay, seriously guys, killing my best friend Long Con is not okay. I need to do some rereading.

Of all of your posts, this one stuck out to me the most. I don't know, the reference to him being your 'best friend' didn't really sit right with me. Your previous posts I didn't feel one way or the other about it, just this one.
ika wrote:missing person might be scum

This post makes me think that ika was on to something.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

:biggrin:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Hedgeowl »

Apologies for the missed vote. I did not realize that nights could be shortened. Interesting to see the Rico lynch flip, and sad that his posts continued in that unhelpful manner despite his civness. As for Golden, I see more debate that has me appreciating his thoughts more, but I am really appreciating MP2. I am definitely going to miss reading the posts between him and LC. With all these new-to-me players I have no reads on their past, only their present, so I will just have to work from that and take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt.

I will say that the Nk targets are interesting. Someone is taking out the vets. I almost suspect Llama for his "omg my buddie died" schtick, but he and I have a horrible history of reading each other despite his HedgeBaddie nickname for me. But it makes me wonder who would be the ones to take out Roxy and LC? Roxy can read some people particularly well and I wonder who was so threatened by her.

I will need to reread some of the posts and reply tomorrow in more detail.

Night ya'll :offtobed:

Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Golden »

I'm not surprised to discover LC is good. He read that way to me. The paranoia in me goes 'was that kill DH, or to frame DH' - I feel sure it's one or the other.

I was reading Elo as civ for the first time ever :haha: . and then she didn't vote...

The thing that really stood out for me was how many missing votes there were on day 2. Really? These people voted (in this order)

ika
MP
MM
TH
Golden
Missing P
Neverwhere
Long Con
DH
Llama

That means no votes from:

DREAM
Elohcin
fingersplints
Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles

OK, thats less bad than I thought when I see it like that. But still, when someone is lynched with only 3 votes, 5 votes is a significant chunk. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these were people who felt absolutely no compelling reason to vote. And that, at least, is one reason to feel sort of ok about TH (since I would find it hard to categorise ika's lynch as a save). But, I mean, with four baddies the results are far too easy to manipulate with so many people missing. I don't expect me can catch baddies unless we are all voting!

Hmm, and interesting, DH makes a big case on elo and LC being teammates. Proving LC is civilian by NKing him might be a good way to take heat off elo, so perhaps she is bad.
Missing Person wrote:
Golden wrote:I still tend to think, though, that my 'filler' may have contributed to Missing Person linking me to LC, despite him wanting to claim the thing was useless. (Which is funny. Cos personally, I think that catching something going down like that is EXACTLY why that post is not useless.)
I'm not seeing how this links you to LC, care to fill me in? It was more like, "I think one of you two are scum, I don't see a plausible scenario where both of you are." I think I said exactly that in perhaps my 3rd post of Day 1?
Well, I don't think it does, but I thought you might have painted it that way on day one. But you didn't. It's sort of in the past now anyway, I'm feeling better about you now.

Also, I'm feeling pretty ok about Neverwhere right now.

I'm pretty anti these rainbow lists, but in a game with so few players and so few posts its a good way to get my thoughts across, so here goes. Lets call red 'top suspects', orange 'very wary', yellow 'I don't fully trust you', green 'I have no read', blue 'I trust you', (f**k indigo), and violet is golden, because I get to mess with the spectrum like that.

Look, it's an actual rainbow!

Elohcin
Hedgeowl

TH
MP
MM
Missing P

DREAM
splints
TinyBubbles

DH
Neverwhere
Llama

Golden

See you all in the morning, since now the poll closes after I wake :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DREAM wrote:

Don't question my relationship with Long Con. You don't know our love!

My updated reads:

Dharma Helper
Seems fairly typical DH, could be good or bad.
On the fence.

DREAM
Posting now, eh? Well, I have no suspicions of you... yet!
Lean civ.

Elohcin
Blendy lady.
Lean bad.

Ol' Kentucky Splints
Quieter lately.
Lean civ.

Golden
Deffo civ.

Hedgebaddie
Deffo bad.

MetalMarsh89
Seems like normal MM to me.
Lean civ.

Missing Person
In light of Ika's flip, less happy here.
On the fence.

MovingPictures07
In like of Ika's flip, less happy here too. This post reeks of insincerity.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello, game! So I'm a bit surprised that ika got lynched, but I guess I'm not really since he was playing oddly.

I'm going to re-read the thread later and check out the voting history, see what I can find, since with LC dead I'm not really sure where to look at the moment.
I expect better lying from you than this, Sock. You were not surprised.
Lean bad.

Neverwhere
Complained about having too much to read in THIS game? :huh: And then said that she didn't actually complain, but she did. Here is the quote.
Neverwhere wrote:For what its worth, I think Golden seems civvie. It all looks like the usual Golden Waffle to me :D

I just had to speed read through an entire page of posts and I don't know most people here yet, so I think I'll need to give it another read through to get some ideas and get a grips wth people. So far LC is sticking out to me, but that may just be because he was mentioned a few times.
An entire page? How did you ever manage?
Badsville.

thellama73
That guy's all right.

TinyBubbles
Only one post, lamenting never getting to be bad.
Supabad.

Turnip Head
I actually feel better about TH today.
Lean civ.

Now I have to narrow it down. If it's not too much trouble, I would like everyone's reads on Elohcin, Hedgebaddie, MovingPictures07, Neverwhere, and TinyBubbles

Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bubbles »

^i'm a good guy llama, also I'm gonna take your reading of MP on faith and vote him, I'm assuming you know his regular post style better I do. Sorry to everyone for not posting much BTW, just been busy and also am unsure what to contribute.
Missing Person

Post by Missing Person »

Sorry guys, crappy day. Getting the runaround on job interviews (not unemployed...yet, so needing one to work out), then keeping up with my game on JTM that I'm running then work itself. Yeah.

I believe the LC kill was to try to get me to go in on Golden this phase. Yeah, not happening here.

Actually, despite me having said "I think one of the two is mafia," this clears Golden for me personally. They want me to go for the low hanging fruit.

I don't like MP07, TH, or Hedge. I'd POE DREAM later if need be.

I'm liking Golden, llama, and that's about it right now. Everyone else I'm on the fence with.

I'm probably voting MP07 just for that forced flip reaction. SCUMMY
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 60#p146261
Missing Person wrote:Sorry guys, crappy day. Getting the runaround on job interviews (not unemployed...yet, so needing one to work out), then keeping up with my game on JTM that I'm running then work itself. Yeah.

I believe the LC kill was to try to get me to go in on Golden this phase. Yeah, not happening here.

Actually, despite me having said "I think one of the two is mafia," this clears Golden for me personally. They want me to go for the low hanging fruit.

I'm liking Golden, llama, and that's about it right now. Everyone else I'm on the fence with.

This makes me feel better about you. I am okay with an MP vote. I'll probably throw my vote there after lunch.

Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Neverwhere »

thellama73 wrote:
DREAM wrote:

Don't question my relationship with Long Con. You don't know our love!

My updated reads:

Dharma Helper
Seems fairly typical DH, could be good or bad.
On the fence.

DREAM
Posting now, eh? Well, I have no suspicions of you... yet!
Lean civ.

Elohcin
Blendy lady.
Lean bad.

Ol' Kentucky Splints
Quieter lately.
Lean civ.

Golden
Deffo civ.

Hedgebaddie
Deffo bad.

MetalMarsh89
Seems like normal MM to me.
Lean civ.

Missing Person
In light of Ika's flip, less happy here.
On the fence.

MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hello, game! So I'm a bit surprised that ika got lynched, but I guess I'm not really since he was playing oddly.

I expect better lying from you than this, Sock. You were not surprised.
Lean bad.

Neverwhere
Complained about having too much to read in THIS game? :huh: And then said that she didn't actually complain, but she did. Here is the quote.
Neverwhere wrote:For what its worth, I think Golden seems civvie. It all looks like the usual Golden Waffle to me :D

I just had to speed read through an entire page of posts and I don't know most people here yet, so I think I'll need to give it another read through to get some ideas and get a grips wth people. So far LC is sticking out to me, but that may just be because he was mentioned a few times.
An entire page? How did you ever manage?
Badsville.

thellama73
That guy's all right.

TinyBubbles
Only one post, lamenting never getting to be bad.
Supabad.

Turnip Head
I actually feel better about TH today.
Lean civ.

Now I have to narrow it down. If it's not too much trouble, I would like everyone's reads on Elohcin, Hedgebaddie, MovingPictures07, Neverwhere, and TinyBubbles

That wasn't a complaint. I sped read through because I have very little time at the moment. It was an ackowledgement that I didn't read thoroughly and could be reading people wrong or may need to re read. No complaints :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Llama is Baddie McBadderson. :srsnod:

:llama: = :feb:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

NO! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING POSTS TO THE THREAD, NOT DESTROY IT! IT WAS SAID YOU WOULD LYNCH NON PARTICIPATORS, NOT JOIN THEM!

Don't do it TH, I have the high ground :fist:
Hedgeowl wrote:I will say that the Nk targets are interesting. Someone is taking out the vets. I almost suspect Llama for his "omg my buddie died" schtick, but he and I have a horrible history of reading each other despite his HedgeBaddie nickname for me. But it makes me wonder who would be the ones to take out Roxy and LC? Roxy can read some people particularly well and I wonder who was so threatened by her.
Once upon a time and long ago, I was chewed out big time for commenting like such on the Night Kills. Since then, I have been psychologically programmed to be wary of anybody offering commentary that the NK targets are "odd" "weird" or "interesting". Hedgeping.
I'm not surprised to discover LC is good. He read that way to me. The paranoia in me goes 'was that kill DH, or to frame DH' - I feel sure it's one or the other.
I know that it is the latter, not the former. You see,"L"atter and "L"ast start with L. "F"ormer and "F"irst, start with F. I know this next bit is gonna sound a touch meta, but you made a whole meta post so I'm sure you'll appreciate this: I do not tend to NK people for going after me, to avoid this exact type of discussion. I am of the school of thought that I can handle a majority of the suspicion thrown at me by someone, and spirited in-thread defense over a long period of nights looks much better than a NK. Not to mention I was in the process of linking Eloh and LC together, as well as my vote for LC yesterday. Whomever it was that killed LC, if it was in fact even a frame job (Missing Persons has an alternate idea about why the kill took place), it was a poor one. Made by someone who does not understand my style.
Golden wrote:OK, thats less bad than I thought when I see it like that. But still, when someone is lynched with only 3 votes, 5 votes is a significant chunk. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these were people who felt absolutely no compelling reason to vote. And that, at least, is one reason to feel sort of ok about TH (since I would find it hard to categorise ika's lynch as a save). But, I mean, with four baddies the results are far too easy to manipulate with so many people missing. I don't expect me can catch baddies unless we are all voting!
"No compelling reason to vote", or no comepelling reason to take a stand by picking into a civ lynch. Could be any number of the non-voting crew are too afraid, in a game like this, to hitch their wagon to any one suspect or lynch. No voting record means less to analyze, easier to blend in. They've also got a team of voters, so one vote won't break their bank. Just some devil-advocating.
thellama73 wrote: MovingPictures07
Yeah, that post pricked my ears way back up with MP. Way back in Day 1 he did one of the things I was watching for baddies to do, which was asking questions/directly engaging people with little or no posts left. His response to that was kind of "Doh, yeah oops.", but I let it go. Now the case against him grows, and I am happy to revisit that suspect.
TinyBubbles wrote:^i'm a good guy llama, also I'm gonna take your reading of MP on faith and vote him, I'm assuming you know his regular post style better I do. Sorry to everyone for not posting much BTW, just been busy and also am unsure what to contribute.
Then again, stuff like this sketches me out. A low-flying player, popping up to basically stroke llama's ego and vote immediately for MP.... smells off, but maybe I'm reading too deeply into it. Eye on Bub's for now.

linki: LOL MP's most recent post is the sketchiest he's been all game.

My suspects in no particular order:
MP (Sock)
Eloh
Hedge
Bubbles (?)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Neverwhere »

While I don't agree with llama that my speed reading was a complaint of how many posts there were I do agree with him that moving pictures post seemed insincere. I'm running out of time with my day, but I'm going to take a leap and vote for MP07.

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17

Post by fingersplints »

RIP LC

Sorry I have been a bit quieter. I think I took on too much at once :(
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

RIP LC

Sorry I have been a bit quieter. I think I took on too much at once :(

I am not suspicious of TH's behavior still, but am understanding the points raised on hedgie. Things she has said like this seem a bit off to me.
Hedgeowl wrote:Apologies for the missed vote. I did not realize that nights could be shortened. Interesting to see the Rico lynch flip, and sad that his posts continued in that unhelpful manner despite his civness. As for Golden, I see more debate that has me appreciating his thoughts more, but I am really appreciating MP2. I am definitely going to miss reading the posts between him and LC. With all these new-to-me players I have no reads on their past, only their present, so I will just have to work from that and take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt.

I will say that the Nk targets are interesting. Someone is taking out the vets. I almost suspect Llama for his "omg my buddie died" schtick, but he and I have a horrible history of reading each other despite his HedgeBaddie nickname for me. But it makes me wonder who would be the ones to take out Roxy and LC? Roxy can read some people particularly well and I wonder who was so threatened by her.

I will need to reread some of the posts and reply tomorrow in more detail.

Night ya'll :offtobed:

Here it felt like she was setting this up for future suspicions but not really naming a target. She almost suspects llama but not really. It's all so vague. Roxy and LC are both great players and I think they are a threat for most players.

More to come after dinner and fuck somehow I posted this mid post and got linki by my own post :suspish: :suspish: I hate phone posting sometimes :suspish:
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, it seems MP is going down like a sack of potatoes. That seems way too easy, I'm quite surprised to see 5 votes come in for him. I was a little wary of him, but I hadn't felt like I was seeing a lot of him looking VERY suspicious or that many people being very suspicious of him.

I'm going with one of my top two suspects, Hedgeowl.

DREAM

Post by DREAM »

Missing Person wrote:Sorry guys, crappy day. Getting the runaround on job interviews (not unemployed...yet, so needing one to work out), then keeping up with my game on JTM that I'm running then work itself. Yeah.

You'd vote me or poke me? :p if you're a single British bloke... Lol lol

For reals, i can see me voting you toda.
DREAM

Post by DREAM »

I'm going to vote for missing person. I'm hesitant to vote for moving pictures because it seems like a bandwagon at top speed.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I voted for llama.

He is goofy-mcgoofersons.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote:Well, it seems MP is going down like a sack of potatoes. That seems way too easy, I'm quite surprised to see 5 votes come in for him. I was a little wary of him, but I hadn't felt like I was seeing a lot of him looking VERY suspicious or that many people being very suspicious of him.

I'm going with one of my top two suspects, Hedgeowl.

I'm worried that this is a civvie bandwagon too, but I do think the points on MP are valid. Posts like this :
MovingPictures07 wrote:Llama is Baddie McBadderson. :srsnod:

:llama: = :feb:
don't help him look any better to me. I think llama is a civvie, and it seems like he is just taunting rather then defending himself. I'm deciding between him and hedgeowl for today's vote. I've been a massive failure at voting this game so I want to vote relatively soon.

Gro-oo-ovy
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I voted for llama.

He is goofy-mcgoofersons.
I have one more post today and I intend to you use it.

I am a little goofy, but I am also on a baddie hunt. Don't interrupt my hunt. :mafia:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Elohcin »

Sorry I have been MIA all day. I literally have not been on the internet until now. Dr./dentist appts with kids today, working on a wedding cake, realizing I need more butter to make more frosting for the wedding cake, going shopping for butter and end up spending an hour at the store, etc. But, I am here now. And I have to say, I cannot believe I never actually voted in yesterday's poll. I said I would, I thought I did, but I was informed by my husband (after day was over) that I missed the vote. I was shocked. Anyway.....DH says this:
DharmaHelper wrote:My eye is firmly planted on Eloh for today's lynch, for simultaneously warning us that lynching non-contributors would be bad, and then voting for TH, a non-contributor.
First of all, I never said that we ought not lynch quiet players. I said that its not always wise to do so b/c oftentimes quiet players are civ that just don't care to play. It's annoying, but true. I know TH. TH is not a quiet player on the norm. I see a quiet TH as a baddie. SECOND, I never even vote :P HA.
Golden wrote:
I was reading Elo as civ for the first time ever :haha: . and then she didn't vote...
I think it was a technical error. I thought I voted.

So, for today. oddly enough, I read MovingPictures as civ this game which is weird b/c I usually think he is bad. I still think TH is probably bad and I am thinking llama is as well. I am voting llama today as not to spread the votes any further. And I am going to double check that my vote goes through.

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I'm voting hedgeowl now since I feel stronger about her. I was hoping there would be more posts by now, but I want to take the rest of the night off from mafia :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Well I should have been wuicker about jumping on here it seems today. I do not agree with Golden's rainbow list for sure (although fun pretty colors!).

What I did notice from his post is the list of non-voters. Why did so many not vote? Well like me they may not have realized that nights could be shorter than 24 based on when the night actions were submitted and thought they had a 24 hour quiet period. (Lesson learned). There are some very active baddies in this game. Obviously not guaranteed a whole active team, but with 4 people bad, very easy to lead to lynch with lots on inactive or more quiet players.

I dont like votes like this one on MP at all, but yeah his llama post is pretty hilarious.

I am however voting llama, because between him and MP I think it more likely that llama is on the baddie team.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Golden wrote:I'm not surprised to discover LC is good. He read that way to me. The paranoia in me goes 'was that kill DH, or to frame DH' - I feel sure it's one or the other.

The thing that really stood out for me was how many missing votes there were on day 2. Really? These people voted (in this order)

ika
MP
MM
TH
Golden
Missing P
Neverwhere
Long Con
DH
Llama

DREAM
Elohcin
fingersplints
Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles

OK, thats less bad than I thought when I see it like that. But still, when someone is lynched with only 3 votes, 5 votes is a significant chunk. I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of these were people who felt absolutely no compelling reason to vote. And that, at least, is one reason to feel sort of ok about TH (since I would find it hard to categorise ika's lynch as a save). But, I mean, with four baddies the results are far too easy to manipulate with so many people missing. I don't expect me can catch baddies unless we are all voting!

Hmm, and interesting, DH makes a big case on elo and LC being teammates. Proving LC is civilian by NKing him might be a good way to take heat off elo, so perhaps she is bad.
Missing Person wrote:
Golden wrote:I still tend to think, though, that my 'filler' may have contributed to Missing Person linking me to LC, despite him wanting to claim the thing was useless. (Which is funny. Cos personally, I think that catching something going down like that is EXACTLY why that post is not useless.)
I'm not seeing how this links you to LC, care to fill me in? It was more like, "I think one of you two are scum, I don't see a plausible scenario where both of you are." I think I said exactly that in perhaps my 3rd post of Day 1?
Well, I don't think it does, but I thought you might have painted it that way on day one. But you didn't. It's sort of in the past now anyway, I'm feeling better about you now.

I'm pretty anti these rainbow lists, but in a game with so few players and so few posts its a good way to get my thoughts across, so here goes. Lets call red 'top suspects', orange 'very wary', yellow 'I don't fully trust you', green 'I have no read', blue 'I trust you', (f**k indigo), and violet is golden, because I get to mess with the spectrum like that.

Elohcin
Hedgeowl

TH
MP
MM
Missing P

DREAM
splints
TinyBubbles

DH
Neverwhere
Llama

Golden

The Day 2 voters I think are the group where we would have at least 3 baddies. Although today's lynch will be telling for sure.

MP
MM
TH
Golden
Missing P
Neverwhere
DH
Llama

That means no votes from: (I think it likely that in this group we will fine more inactive civs, but maybe 1 baddie.)

DREAM
Elohcin
fingersplints
Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles

I also disagree that people with no compelling reason to vote are more likely bad. Civs have way less motivation than baddies to vote. A team creates social expectation of participation, is more organized, etc. than single civs or indies with no organization and penalty for missing a vote. Also, who have we lynched so far? low hanging fruit of inactive unhelpful civs, perfect baddie targets. Just sayin' ;)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm not surprised to discover LC is good. He read that way to me. The paranoia in me goes 'was that kill DH, or to frame DH' - I feel sure it's one or the other.

ika
MP
MM
TH
Golden
Missing P
Neverwhere
Long Con
DH
Llama

DREAM
Elohcin
fingersplints
Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles

Missing Person wrote:

Elohcin
Hedgeowl

TH
MP
MM
Missing P

DREAM
splints
TinyBubbles

DH
Neverwhere
Llama

Golden

The Day 2 voters I think are the group where we would have at least 3 baddies. Although today's lynch will be telling for sure.

MP
MM
TH
Golden
Missing P
Neverwhere
DH
Llama

That means no votes from: (I think it likely that in this group we will fine more inactive civs, but maybe 1 baddie.)

DREAM
Elohcin
fingersplints
Hedgeowl
TinyBubbles

I also disagree that people with no compelling reason to vote are more likely bad. Civs have way less motivation than baddies to vote. A team creates social expectation of participation, is more organized, etc. than single civs or indies with no organization and penalty for missing a vote. Also, who have we lynched so far? low hanging fruit of inactive unhelpful civs, perfect baddie targets. Just sayin' ;)
Well, as long as you're convinced the group that is most suspicious is the one without you in it, I'm not sure how anyone can possibly disagree with that logic. :ninja:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Since apparently I am hanging here by myself at lynch time I'll just post again. What you all used your posts up already?? :pout:

Civilians:
1. Baylus Bramble
2. Calvin Chadwick
3. Bill Coley - ika Day 2
4. Vera Channel
5. Clyde Canada
6. Ann Monday
7. Lois Hester
8. Sam MacDonald
9. Wilbert Brown
10. Carlton Adams - Ricochet Day 1
11. Maude Salmon
12. E. Glen Holt
Role checks nightly.

Mafia
Has BTSC
Kills nightly
1. Donnie Cooks
2. Frances Adams
3. Allene Williams
4. John (The Drunken Neighbor)

Independent
Homegirl!
Wins if females outnumber the other men at the end.

Roxy nk'd on Night 1, LC on Night 2. They could be civs or possibly Homegirl, but I think civs currently. The indy role in this game seems to almost benefit more from laying low and letting the baddies kill off the men to get her closer to her goal. Either way definitely all 4 baddies left vs 8 or 9 civs with a possible side of Homegirl to make it more interesting. The odds are not looking good for us. This lynch will be crucial in the game I think. If MP is a baddie, civs can gain back some control hopefully, if he flips civ or indy than that may help figure out some baddies more clearly, but after the NK there will be only 6-7 civs vs 4 baddies possibly. I am not liking these odds currently for the fate of our civvie cause.

Linki - Hey DH is here! Well there are only 2 groups, so I had to be in one. :p Considering the lynch happened at 11am and the Night post went up 3 1/2 hours later, I'd say that's pretty strong evidence that there are some active baddies sending in their PMs. :nicenod:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, I hope MP is bad, but I'm not sold on it. Fingers crossed.

Agree with DH. I think 'teamwork' often involves intentionally missing lynches to avoid lynch analysis telling you too much. Civilians often miss the vote by accident, but mafia often miss the vote intentionally. I'm leaning towards there being mafia in the latter because I feel like they didn't feel any heat in the last lynch at all.

I think that's 3.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Who voted out Long Con?

Poll ended at Thu May 28, 2015 6:40 pm

DharmaHelper
No votes

DREAM
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

fingersplints
No votes

Golden
No votes

Hedgeowl
Golden (10), fingersplints (13)
14%

MetalMarsh89
No votes

Missing Person
DREAM (11)
7%

MovingPictures07
TinyBubbles (3), Missing Person (4), DharmaHelper (6), Neverwhere (7), thellama73 (8)
36%

Neverwhere
No votes

thellama73
MovingPictures07 (5), Metalmarsh89 (9), Elohcin (12), Hedgeowl (14)
29%

TinyBubbles
No votes

Turnip Head
No votes

Richard Pryor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Heiots (2)
14%

Total votes : 14
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Frances Adams was an old lady who wore batman sandals to church.

At least she didn't eat bean dip for supper. :eye:

MovingPictures07 has been lynched. He was Frances Adams.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Goofy-McGoofersons?

More like Deadie-McDeadersons. :feb:

thellama73 has been killed. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Missing Person

Re: Omertà Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Missing Person »

At this point, I'm happy with a Turnip vote right now.

Trying to debate whether llama was an intentional kill to make Hedge so obviously dirty that they can't possibly be.

For some reason my gut is aaying that is the case whereas I was content with Golden being towny on the LC kill.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Goofy-McGoofersons?

More like Deadie-McDeadersons. :feb:

thellama73 has been killed. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
:yay:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

You guys should only vote for me if you think you'll learn something from my vanilla flip. I'm very proud of everyone for getting a baddie yesterday, keep up the good work! But we do have a little wiggle room now so lynch me if you think it will help.

Llama seems like an odd kill considering the votes yesterday could have made him look bad.

I pretty much suspect all of you equally.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I specifically said not to interrupt my baddie hunt. :grrr:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm feeling pretty comfortable about my yesterday's rainbow given the way the votes went down. Hedge and Elo definitely remain my top candidates for a lynch today.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

:rip: llama

my suspects also have stayed the same. Not really surprising given the lack of conversation in here. I didn't realize only 4 posts would be quite so difficult.
llama being killed could be to set hedgie up, but sometimes the mafia is just that obvious. With this many people suspecting her, it would make sense to take at least one of them out.
Gro-oo-ovy
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Golden wrote:I'm feeling pretty comfortable about my yesterday's rainbow given the way the votes went down. Hedge and Elo definitely remain my top candidates for a lynch today.

So you went form feeling okay to feeling bad about me b/c of a technology fail?

I will be reading Moving Pictures for clues as to who may be his teammate.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Interesting fact...everyone Pictures voted for is dead.
Day 1 - LC
Day 2 - Ika
Day 3 - llama
I reread Pictures and in hindsight, it's obvious he was bad :p But there isn't much to glean. He didn't really say much at all. I am voting TH again.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”