Enrique (Don't vote for Santa)
No votes
Long Con
No votes
Scotty
10%
sprityo
40%
I'm gonna give you to the count of ten to get your ugly, yellow, no-good keister off my property, before I pump your guts full of lead (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 10
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Home Alone [ENDGAME]

Post by Epignosis »

I appreciate all of you playing. I thought of doing a small Home Alone game long ago and then MP said he wanted a special small Christmas game, so this worked out well.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Draconus was on fire by the way. He protected LC Night 1. Then he protected Ricochet Night 2 but got blocked. 2/2 for Old Man Marley.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Ricochet »

Lame.

Congrats you two, but whoever killed me, welcome to my Death Notebook. My elimination served your purpose well, but there will be consequences the next time I am villain, SK or vigi. :pout:

From the sidelines - Eloh turning defensive the past cycles sealed it for me that she is up to no good. As for Scotty, him gradually imposing himself as the top ISO'er, susser and such started giving me second thoughts, but other than that, I didn't get anything on him.

Playing this was a complete mistake, from my viewpoint, given most of the civs' in-thread "performance", but what can you do - shoutout to Draco, otherwise, killer instincts there, even if it didn't work in my case and I had still suspected you more than others anyway, d'oh.

Shit personal gut/breadcrumb reads + mislynching (twice!) + half the field being inactive almost every Day + each daily top wagon hardly putting up a fight or even showing up until EoD = no good. LC, for instance, had better instincts regarding Scotty, but he left the probing cold, despite my inquiries.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Elohcin »

My little breakdown was sincere though. I did have a lot of time on my hands for this game and I was doing ISOs for the first time really and "helping" and I was still looked at b/c of a conversation that BR and LC had in bed? I was a little upset at that.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:Lame.

Congrats you two, but whoever killed me, welcome to my Death Notebook. My elimination served your purpose well, but there will be consequences the next time I am villain, SK or vigi. :pout:

From the sidelines - Eloh turning defensive the past cycles sealed it for me that she is up to no good. As for Scotty, him gradually imposing himself as the top ISO'er, susser and such started giving me second thoughts, but other than that, I didn't get anything on him.

Playing this was a complete mistake, from my viewpoint, given most of the civs' in-thread "performance", but what can you do - shoutout to Draco, otherwise, killer instincts there, even if it didn't work in my case and I had still suspected you more than others anyway, d'oh.

Shit personal gut/breadcrumb reads + mislynching (twice!) + half the field being inactive almost every Day + each daily top wagon hardly putting up a fight or even showing up until EoD = no good. LC, for instance, had better instincts regarding Scotty, but he left the probing cold, despite my inquiries.
I've never seen the Notebook, and I hope I never have to.

Draco was a thorn in our side from the start, but we had him figured out by Day 2 because of how inactive the town was.

This really was a nightmare for town due to the low activity, and we got super lucky with WIlgy going out Day 1. Otherwise, if everyone had just claimed early on, we could have been screwed, since info-dumping and role claiming were allowed.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I didn't say it was insincere. I said it looked more charactetistic of baddie you. You hated being called out for silly reasons in Syndicate Mafia as well (ironically, playing as LC2). :p
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:My little breakdown was sincere though. I did have a lot of time on my hands for this game and I was doing ISOs for the first time really and "helping" and I was still looked at b/c of a conversation that BR and LC had in bed? I was a little upset at that.
When did LC discuss his pillow talk?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

And Rico, we didn't realllly want you to go, because you were practically our cheerleader early on when Draco and LC started coming down from the attic, so to speak.

But knowing you, you could figure it out eventually and turn it right around against us. Your death really was a decision based on how active you were and how your reads could lead everyone astray. Really, your downfall is that you are a good player. :biggrin:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote: I've never seen the Notebook, and I hope I never have to.
My criterias eligibility are pretty simple:

1) Don't kill me off early. Not saying I'm less deserving of NKs than others or anything, but I personally get very indisposed when that happens - for instance, my spreadsheet folders for games like Omerta or Guess Who are completely empty, because I quit analysing and erased everything after being off'd on D1. :shrug: Besides, I've proven myself time and again I'm not good at all at reads (early on/80% of the time), so there's no reason to be discarded as a threat.

2) Don't mislynch me with 200% tunnelling, to the point I get sick and tired of defending myself or feel like circling around against your arguments.

3) Don't be called llama and nightkill me. Ever.
Scotty wrote:And Rico, we didn't realllly want you to go, because you were practically our cheerleader early on when Draco and LC started coming down from the attic, so to speak.

But knowing you, you could figure it out eventually and turn it right around against us. Your death really was a decision based on how active you were and how your reads could lead everyone astray. Really, your downfall is that you are a good player. :biggrin:
Definitely not according to this game. :biggrin: And my reads were in the wrong direction, so you had all the weapons to take advantage. Civs leading civs astray is the definition of baddie win. :shrug:

Also, I'd like to ask Epig again if a red D0 peek was ever a possibility for the Cop in this game. That shrug, the first time I asked, didn't really lead to anything good, tbh. Once again, apologies to MM for pursuing that.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by a2thezebra »

Congratulations ya filthy animals
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Day 0 poll determined the peek Kevin got.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Lame.

I've never seen the Notebook, and I hope I never have to.

Draco was a thorn in our side from the start, but we had him figured out by Day 2 because of how inactive the town was.

This really was a nightmare for town due to the low activity, and we got super lucky with WIlgy going out Day 1. Otherwise, if everyone had just claimed early on, we could have been screwed, since info-dumping and role claiming were allowed.
I was 2 for 2 G Dammit!! :fist: I outed myself that night because I knew you had me figured out. I was hoping with my little info and my bs about protecting myself that night, the rest of the town would be able to figure out that Elo was 1 of the baddies. I really fucked up my bluff, though. I could have done that a lot better and I only realized that after I had posted my outage. Oh well, inactive town is inactive. It was still a really fun game. GG you 2 animals! :p

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DFaraday »

At least I survived this game, which is more than I can say for Star Wars. Good job, baddies!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 8

Post by DrWilgy »

Can we agree to not day 1 lynch me ever again? It's not like I purposely play the meta shifting game for no reason :P
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
espers
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by espers »

couldn't the town have won this from the off by massclaiming characters? i admire your sportsmanship
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Elo :eek: :eek: You tricked me! I thought you were civ for sure! Well played :clap: and I'll remember not to trust my read of you in the future :suspish:

linki: yes the civvies would have been within this game's rules by mass claiming from the get-go. That's why a full role list in this setup is generally not revealed, giving the baddies a chance to fake claim. Grats to the baddies for managing a win with the deck stacked against them.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

espers wrote:couldn't the town have won this from the off by massclaiming characters? i admire your sportsmanship
Thank you, perhaps we should have gone ahead with that. It just seemed like it would cancel the game, and thereby cancel Christmas. So.... yeah. You're welcome.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:The Day 0 poll determined the peek Kevin got.
Dammit.

Well, if there's one thing I wrote down as a possible signal and it turned out to be true, it was Llama voting himself in that poll (Mom).
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Elohcin »

Scotty wrote:
Elohcin wrote:My little breakdown was sincere though. I did have a lot of time on my hands for this game and I was doing ISOs for the first time really and "helping" and I was still looked at b/c of a conversation that BR and LC had in bed? I was a little upset at that.
When did LC discuss his pillow talk?
Maybe I imagined it, but I thought he said he and Black Rock were discussing my choice of alignment "last night in bed".
Turnip Head wrote:Elo :eek: :eek: You tricked me! I thought you were civ for sure! Well played :clap: and I'll remember not to trust my read of you in the future :suspish:
Thanks Turnip Head! I think I can play well, civ or baddie, when its a small vanilla game like this was. I think I might stick to speed games from now on. I just don't really enjoy the big games.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”