Total votes: 20
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Day 12 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 in Spectator Chat wrote:When changeable votes started to be experimented with, by Epi if I remember correctly, I hated them. Seemed like a more baddie-friendly feature than civilian-friendly to me.

Since playing on RYM and other sites throughout 2015, I began to see the merit of changeable votes, and over time I've actually warmed up to them, and now I prefer them. Never thought that day would ever come... it took some time to convince me of their benefit, but playing on RYM especially I saw how changeable votes allow civilians to better put pressure on players and more flexibly vote up through EoD. They also can be effectively used to make mafia uncomfortable as much as, if not more than, civilians. In addition, they can be cast when players are afraid of missing the deadline, but changed if that player does in fact make it before EoD, a situation I've been in before and sometimes wished I could change my vote when votes were nonchangeable. That said, there are definitely pros and cons for both.

Also, regarding Ricochet's weird behavior, has anyone considered that he might be Sidoh from Death Note?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Independent (1)
Sidoh wins if he both makes his existence known to everyone and retrieves his Death Note from whoever has it; assuming he has completed both, he can then win with any team.
Sidoh – A shinigami whose Death Note was stolen, he searches for Ryuk every night to retrieve his notebook. If he finds Mello, something happens. As a shinigami, he cannot be harmed by humans, nor can he be seen by humans who have not made contact with his Death Note. Because he is a shinigami, votes by humans in lynches do not affect him, and writing his name down in a Death Note will not kill him. Thus, he cannot be lynched or night killed. However, if he is about to be killed for the second time, although he will still not die, his existence will be made aware to everyone, outing him. Every night he searches for his Death Note, which was stolen by Ryuk. If he finds Mello, Sidoh reveals himself to Mello and they gain BTSC. Every night he must also pick four roles and publicly reveal their secrets so that everyone is made aware; all of these selections cannot be from the same team, unless only one team has secrets remaining. Once Sidoh finds his Death Note, he steals it from its current owner, ending that player's ability to kill with the notebook. As a shinigami, like Ryuk, he does not kill players using his notebook. After he has revealed all of the role secrets, more secrets are revealed, but are represented in tildes. These additional secrets are secrets that were not explicit in each player's role PM, and thus the player who has that role may or may not be aware of them. Any letters revealed among the tildes are only made known to Sidoh, not publicly. Every time Sidoh successfully solves a role's additional secrets behind the scenes, those secrets are revealed publicly in full. For every role's secrets that Sidoh solves with four or less revealed letters, both Sidoh and the player whose additional role secrets he has solved, assuming that player is still alive, gain an extra vote to be used secretly in any subsequent lynch.
The role would have to be edited to fit this game, but it's the 2015 role possibility that most explains his current behavior IMO. Turnip Head had this role in the original game, and he posted nearly 1,000 posts by the game's completion, and successfully was able to get himself lynched twice in order to satisfy his win condition.
Well, you were right that Sidoh was trying to get lynched Day 1. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Who killed me, and what was the reason this time?
I deleted all of the PMs, but I think we did.

Turnip said DH redirected at Golden that night, and I know we didn't kill Ham, so that leaves you.

Again, not entirely sure, but I'm willing to bet it had something to do with thinking you were possibly part of Team Epig. We knew we were team Llama, and when we saw Lorab's flip, we were convinced the other team was Team Epig.

I also had a theory that Llama was possibly a secret fifth member of our team, but I think we went ahead and lynched his ass anyway. :mafia:
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

We killed Epignosis because of the same reason we killed everybody else we killed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

Ultimately, that is what it comes down to pretty much in every game.

The baddies kill people cause they're baddies, and that's their job :srsnod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bea wrote:Omg. He does the WORST JJJ impersonation I've ever read.
I want to see this. :biggrin:
It sadly got cleared to make room for the next person, but he tried to tell me at first that he was JJJ and a netural that could win with any team and he just didn't want to die and was zeebs on my baddie team? And are there two teams? And if not Lorab and Zeeb who are my teamates.

Given I was a civ no one was my baddie teammate - so ya know. no.

I was drinking and cooking dinner at the time and came off a long shift of work so I was prolly WAY short with him. Poor soul. I treated him like he was one of my staff and I hit the end of my rope because I wasn't working so I was done answering puppy dog questions for the day.

Also - he was - his phrases and everything NOT JJJ.

So you know. I called him a liar. Cuz while I've not had bts with you, I can't imagine you being less than your full on self in bts too. ;)

Then I thought maybe he was Matt because we have had so much bts together and he kinda sounded....oddly like Matt. So he coped to being Wigly. Which for a while I bought. (btw LC - diggz says I should blame you for my trust of Wigly for this. Just sayin...) Since Wigly is pretty much an enigma to me I did buy that. And told him his "info" was wrong and I was a civ. Keep in mind, I didn't know what game chatterbox was from or anything. I miss LOTS these days.

Then he FINALLY copped lying to me AGAIN. And that he was LC. And then I was all GOD DAMNIT LC!!!! :( :( :(

Then I finally believed he was a civ. Even though I still wouldn't tell him all my positions - just my prefered ones and why. And he was all you still don't trust me 100 percent do you? And I was all not till your role card is turned and it doesn't say "recruited" after it. You taught me not to. And then we had a cyan code where he would pull peeps into his bts and I would know what he thought about them and then everyone lynched him. :( :( :(

TH doesn't lie.

My bts with LC is HANDS DOWN one of my all time most favorite mafia moments. It was so fun and funny. And awesome. And we were going to be awesome civs together!! And it's fitting that this was one of my most favorite mafia moments of all time since he gave me my most favorite mafia role of all time. Cut sadly too short. :noble:

That reminds me - LC - since rebooting is a thing - what would you think about rebooting Sandman?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:We killed Epignosis because of the same reason we killed everybody else we killed.
cuz killing. right? :D
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:We killed Epignosis because of the same reason we killed everybody else we killed.
Oh all right.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bea wrote:Omg. He does the WORST JJJ impersonation I've ever read.
I want to see this. :biggrin:
It sadly got cleared to make room for the next person, but he tried to tell me at first that he was JJJ and a netural that could win with any team and he just didn't want to die and was zeebs on my baddie team? And are there two teams? And if not Lorab and Zeeb who are my teamates.

Given I was a civ no one was my baddie teammate - so ya know. no.

I was drinking and cooking dinner at the time and came off a long shift of work so I was prolly WAY short with him. Poor soul. I treated him like he was one of my staff and I hit the end of my rope because I wasn't working so I was done answering puppy dog questions for the day.

Also - he was - his phrases and everything NOT JJJ.

So you know. I called him a liar. Cuz while I've not had bts with you, I can't imagine you being less than your full on self in bts too. ;)

Then I thought maybe he was Matt because we have had so much bts together and he kinda sounded....oddly like Matt. So he coped to being Wigly. Which for a while I bought. (btw LC - diggz says I should blame you for my trust of Wigly for this. Just sayin...) Since Wigly is pretty much an enigma to me I did buy that. And told him his "info" was wrong and I was a civ. Keep in mind, I didn't know what game chatterbox was from or anything. I miss LOTS these days.

Then he FINALLY copped lying to me AGAIN. And that he was LC. And then I was all GOD DAMNIT LC!!!! :( :( :(

Then I finally believed he was a civ. Even though I still wouldn't tell him all my positions - just my prefered ones and why. And he was all you still don't trust me 100 percent do you? And I was all not till your role card is turned and it doesn't say "recruited" after it. You taught me not to. And then we had a cyan code where he would pull peeps into his bts and I would know what he thought about them and then everyone lynched him. :( :( :(

TH doesn't lie.

My bts with LC is HANDS DOWN one of my all time most favorite mafia moments. It was so fun and funny. And awesome. And we were going to be awesome civs together!! And it's fitting that this was one of my most favorite mafia moments of all time since he gave me my most favorite mafia role of all time. Cut sadly too short. :noble:

That reminds me - LC - since rebooting is a thing - what would you think about rebooting Sandman?
I think I would love that.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

:D
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Bea - best story ever
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:Bea - best story ever
:blush: :blush: :blush: 100% true. I didn't consider actually trying to ACT like the person I claimed to be at all.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

I am bumping this so it is easier to find becasue I want to reread the last day of this.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”