80%

Total votes: 20
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Day 12 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by S~V~S »

The Beast rolled a 6; Draco killed him.

linki, you killed motel & Hammy, although Hammy was complicated by other things, too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con wrote:I was slapping my forehead every time (and it was often) that FZ brought up how I defended Mac, Wilgy, and bea, and how could they ALL have been baddies tricking me?? The fact is, I never defended any of them, I didn't mention them at all, really. The idea that I defended them all as Civs was fabricated, probably by those players, and nurtured through the trust that they showed each other because of it. :srsnod:
Lol, I enjoyed twisting your words to achieve that affect with Bea and FZ.

FZ. It's not your fault and I think you played exceptionally! I'm sorry I aggrivated you with my play though. I really was busy during the game, I just was able to take some time off work towards my demise.
How much of Matt's endgame would you say was influenced by you?
I gave him the primary idea for his roleclaim, but he really rocked it and went all out. Matt is most definitely a doctor!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

For those who care to hear why I was bamboozled by Matt, here's the story:

Matt voted Long Con in the Night 10 poll, and so was able to get BTSC with any player he wanted for a day. He picked me. I was a little surprised by this, but at this point in the game, I knew that if Matt was civ, there's no way he could still have any sort of suspicion of me, so that maybe he wanted to let me know he changed his mind. At the time, I still thought he was bad though, so I was wary entering BTSC.

He immediately asked for my role. I didn't reveal it initially, asked him to reveal his first. Matt claimed he was the Grim Shaman from World Reborn, and a civvie. It sounded reasonable. He then explained that his role power, which matched somewhat that of the Grim Shaman. Each day that a player is lynched, Matt can use that player's power at night. Once in the game, he can use a nightkilled player's power.

Then here's where I fell hook, line, and sinker. Matt proceeded to fabricate a story for the ages, giving a pretty accurate description of what he had done up until this point in the game. I'll make it a list.
  • Night 1: Says he gained no power because Ricochet didn't really have a power. Makes sense.
  • Night 2: Says he was able to create a shield, and did so, giving it to himself and using it Night 3. Sounded reasonable.
  • Night 3: Says he targeted Dr. Wilgy to see if he went anywhere. I was surprised Matt didn't check me, but Matt gave me this story about how he's always wrong about Wilgy, so felt the need to check him.
  • Night 4: Says he was vanilla because llama hadn't activated his ability yet. I questioned him on this one, because I figured llama had killed Night 3. But Matt hinted I woulda been dead if he had gotten one, so I lol'd and let it go.
  • Night 5: Says his vote got +1'd from the Tranq lynch, but Matt missed the vote the next day, so it made it worthless.
  • Night 6: Says he got BTSC with juliets. I should have asked for a transcript, but ah well. I also should have wondered, since Matt said he got BTSC with a player who later died. Matt said the BTSC did not go well, but he explained everything anyway (though he was under the mask of the Chatterbox).
  • Day 7: Here's where it gets good. After Dom was nightkilled, Matt said he used Dom's power to learn Sorsha's role, which he informed me was Gustav Shrik, from Harry Stephen Keeler, a llama game. Matt then pointed to two instances in the thread (here and here) where he hinted to Sorsha that he knew her role. He also told me that he learned Sorsha was a civ, and for that reason, he knew that Dom could learn alignments when checking players. It was a good story. Matt didn't actually hint to her until Day 9, but it still came before Matt would have had any idea he'd get BTSC with another player, so it looked real.
  • Night 7: Matt says he targeted nijuukygou with the question curse. After falling for the Sorsha bit, I was ready to believe anything Matt said, so I bought it.
  • Night 8: No lynch, so no power.
  • Night 9: Matt said he tried to target me, but I was not vote-blocked or anything. Juliets had a roleblocking role, so I just reasoned it was that.
  • Night 10: Says he targeted himself Night 10 to remove a lynch vote from himself.
Anyway, the above was a really good story. Not perfect in retrospect, but certainly very believable. It was the reason I couldn't bring myself to actually vote Matt on the final day.

Matt said he got a protect on Night 11. We discussed who to protect. At that point, I thought bea was the final baddie, as did Matt. We knew Sorsha could not be nightkill because she was targeted the previous night. I explained to Matt that I had a Pikmin power on me, so I could not die. We knew that FZ had voted for the Mechaspark role, so we presumed that she got a shield out of it, and probably used it on herself. That left Matt no choices for the protect, except for the suspect in bea. I thought about telling Matt to protect her anyway, but I never said it. Anyway, bea was eventually nightkilled, which did make me second-guess Matt for a bit. I knew that he knew that bea was the only player who would be successfully nightkilled, and thus his only option. Had I told him to protect bea, either I would have found out he was full of shit, or he woulda targeted myself or FZ instead, resulting in no death.

Also, I gave Sorsha a similar hint that Matt did that I knew her role. I took her response as confirmation. Because I did, I found myself late believing she was bad, having a role from a llama game. That coupled with a few other things determined my vote.

Anyway, well played Matt. :clap: You all can call me foolish, naive Marmot now. I deserve it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Draconus wrote:
juliets wrote:I think someone asked but i didn't see an answer: Who targeted motel room for a kill? It wasn't the normal baddie nk.
That was my banishing ability. I had a 1 in 6 chance of killing the person I banished. Hamburger Boy I believe was my only successful kill.
Funny thing about Motel Room being targeted: DH sent that in because I was super busy at work. I can back just a few minutes too late and submitted Matt for the banishing. If that had gone through, it would have been a totally different ending :grin:
Motel room voted in the Day 7 lynch poll, so we assumed it wasn't you, and someone else. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, I think Rico actually broke everything in his house including his computer.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Draconus wrote:
juliets wrote:I think someone asked but i didn't see an answer: Who targeted motel room for a kill? It wasn't the normal baddie nk.
That was my banishing ability. I had a 1 in 6 chance of killing the person I banished. Hamburger Boy I believe was my only successful kill.
Funny thing about Motel Room being targeted: DH sent that in because I was super busy at work. I can back just a few minutes too late and submitted Matt for the banishing. If that had gone through, it would have been a totally different ending :grin:
Motel room voted in the Day 7 lynch poll, so we assumed it wasn't you, and someone else. :ponder:
We were just happy to see him vote, lol. I don't recall if I forgot to PM him about not voting, or if he just voted anyhow. We didn't count it.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Draconus wrote:
We were just happy to see him vote, lol. I don't recall if I forgot to PM him about not voting, or if he just voted anyhow. We didn't count it.
:haha: And I assumed that he was allowed to vote because of a protection/me being blocked. That's pretty funny.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Btw, my team's banners should say We're "Winners"/just "Winners" or something to that effect. Emphasis on the " " :nicenod:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

All hail King Matt
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:For those who care to hear why I was bamboozled by Matt, here's the story:

Matt voted Long Con in the Night 10 poll, and so was able to get BTSC with any player he wanted for a day. He picked me. I was a little surprised by this, but at this point in the game, I knew that if Matt was civ, there's no way he could still have any sort of suspicion of me, so that maybe he wanted to let me know he changed his mind. At the time, I still thought he was bad though, so I was wary entering BTSC.

He immediately asked for my role. I didn't reveal it initially, asked him to reveal his first. Matt claimed he was the Grim Shaman from World Reborn, and a civvie. It sounded reasonable. He then explained that his role power, which matched somewhat that of the Grim Shaman. Each day that a player is lynched, Matt can use that player's power at night. Once in the game, he can use a nightkilled player's power.

Then here's where I fell hook, line, and sinker. Matt proceeded to fabricate a story for the ages, giving a pretty accurate description of what he had done up until this point in the game. I'll make it a list.
  • Night 1: Says he gained no power because Ricochet didn't really have a power. Makes sense.
  • Night 2: Says he was able to create a shield, and did so, giving it to himself and using it Night 3. Sounded reasonable.
  • Night 3: Says he targeted Dr. Wilgy to see if he went anywhere. I was surprised Matt didn't check me, but Matt gave me this story about how he's always wrong about Wilgy, so felt the need to check him.
  • Night 4: Says he was vanilla because llama hadn't activated his ability yet. I questioned him on this one, because I figured llama had killed Night 3. But Matt hinted I woulda been dead if he had gotten one, so I lol'd and let it go.
  • Night 5: Says his vote got +1'd from the Tranq lynch, but Matt missed the vote the next day, so it made it worthless.
  • Night 6: Says he got BTSC with juliets. I should have asked for a transcript, but ah well. I also should have wondered, since Matt said he got BTSC with a player who later died. Matt said the BTSC did not go well, but he explained everything anyway (though he was under the mask of the Chatterbox).
  • Day 7: Here's where it gets good. After Dom was nightkilled, Matt said he used Dom's power to learn Sorsha's role, which he informed me was Gustav Shrik, from Harry Stephen Keeler, a llama game. Matt then pointed to two instances in the thread (here and here) where he hinted to Sorsha that he knew her role. He also told me that he learned Sorsha was a civ, and for that reason, he knew that Dom could learn alignments when checking players. It was a good story. Matt didn't actually hint to her until Day 9, but it still came before Matt would have had any idea he'd get BTSC with another player, so it looked real.
  • Night 7: Matt says he targeted nijuukygou with the question curse. After falling for the Sorsha bit, I was ready to believe anything Matt said, so I bought it.
  • Night 8: No lynch, so no power.
  • Night 9: Matt said he tried to target me, but I was not vote-blocked or anything. Juliets had a roleblocking role, so I just reasoned it was that.
  • Night 10: Says he targeted himself Night 10 to remove a lynch vote from himself.
Anyway, the above was a really good story. Not perfect in retrospect, but certainly very believable. It was the reason I couldn't bring myself to actually vote Matt on the final day.

Matt said he got a protect on Night 11. We discussed who to protect. At that point, I thought bea was the final baddie, as did Matt. We knew Sorsha could not be nightkill because she was targeted the previous night. I explained to Matt that I had a Pikmin power on me, so I could not die. We knew that FZ had voted for the Mechaspark role, so we presumed that she got a shield out of it, and probably used it on herself. That left Matt no choices for the protect, except for the suspect in bea. I thought about telling Matt to protect her anyway, but I never said it. Anyway, bea was eventually nightkilled, which did make me second-guess Matt for a bit. I knew that he knew that bea was the only player who would be successfully nightkilled, and thus his only option. Had I told him to protect bea, either I would have found out he was full of shit, or he woulda targeted myself or FZ instead, resulting in no death.

Also, I gave Sorsha a similar hint that Matt did that I knew her role. I took her response as confirmation. Because I did, I found myself late believing she was bad, having a role from a llama game. That coupled with a few other things determined my vote.

Anyway, well played Matt. :clap: You all can call me foolish, naive Marmot now. I deserve it.
No more foolish than I newt. :hug:

I should have redirected him instead of me that night. It would have been confirmation to me at least that he was bad even if I had to try to convince you guys. I had already accepted my lynch so I was trying to use the Sorsha gift and my redirect to give you all as much info as I could when I role flipped.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Also where did the hunger curses cone from? Was that newt then?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No The Llama team had the Hunger as one of their positions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

The Llama Team Modus Operandi:

Vociferously defend teammates even in extremely precarious situations
Kill anyone who suspects us, even if they seem likely to be lynched
Make insane plays in the thread that people will invariably say "they couldn't possibly be mafia doing that"
Gambit, gambit, gambit
Buddy the fuck out of everybody who ever civ reads you even remotely
No bussing

tl;dr Do all the things that everyone is convinced the mafia don't do that are obviously beneficial tactics to do as mafia. Win via wifom.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

They hungered me to vote and casebuild on one of their own? That's some ballz there.

I am impressed. You got me to jump on that grenade soley because I thought you had to be civ if someone was FORCING me to come out against you. Then guilt and number of days before I would die vs number of days the game would likely last kicked in and I took the "high road."

Mac. You will have to fight so hard now. And I'm sorry for that. Most I think of as good until proven otherwise. You are now bad untill proven good.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

bea wrote:Also where did the hunger curses cone from? Was that newt then?
We hungered you onto me to encourage you to believe that I am not bad.

We would have won on a fair few occasions late game if not for misfortune. If I didn't change from targeting FZ to sorsha we would have won and the two indies would have too. Had sorsha actually died we'd have won the next day anyway because we had feed and double vote in play (the mods actually made a boo boo there). If Metalmarsh had have been lynched instead of Motel Room, we'd have won then too. We'd have won almost certainly the following day had DharmaHelper not killed Wilgy.

I don't think it was mentioned that our four roles were actually interchangeable in way. One of our team abilities was being able to select a role to drop as we lost players. I actually was the protector from the beginning but I had dropped it when Motel Room died and had become the doublevoter. Matt was always the feeder. The mods thought we wanted to drop the feed role, but we hadn't so the night post was wrong. We still had the doublevote and the feed in play when Matt and I were both alive. I actually thought Matt and I were in a coinflip situation but evidently FZ had given Metalmarsh extra votes. I think had I survived we'd have probably not won in hindsight. Anyway yeah so if Sorsha died Matt and I together had too much voter influence to lose the next day. So not only did I fuck up by not killing FZ, sorsha not dying really fucked me over haha.

I almost did choose to keep the protect and actually target and protect myself at the same time to make myself look like a civ so it was amusing when people started suggesting sorsha did it to herself. Should have tried it but alas we won anyway.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

bea wrote:They hungered me to vote and casebuild on one of their own? That's some ballz there.

I am impressed. You got me to jump on that grenade soley because I thought you had to be civ if someone was FORCING me to come out against you. Then guilt and number of days before I would die vs number of days the game would likely last kicked in and I took the "high road."

Mac. You will have to fight so hard now. And I'm sorry for that. Most I think of as good until proven otherwise. You are now bad untill proven good.
How about everyone is nothing until you get an inclination that they are something?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I forgot to mention that Motel Room almost got mod-killed for low participation and actually wanted to be. We had to beg him to interrupt his holidays to just play stupidly because we figured everyone would assume if he was bad that he wouldn't play that stupid. Ricochet called it as it was at one point. Motel Room was actually supposed to switch his vote from Wilgy to Draconus on the day that neither were lynched. Glad he didn't because it would have looked super bad.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:
bea wrote:They hungered me to vote and casebuild on one of their own? That's some ballz there.

How about everyone is nothing until you get an inclination that they are something?
That's just flat out crazy talk. ;)
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Hi!

So yesterday, 40 minutes before the lynch ends, I had the pleasure of losing my internet lulz. I was trippin' out. It was fixed today while I was at work, and I just now found out we won. I was worried the game was going on and me not talking would lead everyone to believe I'm bad haha.

Wow, amazing game. Thanks hosts!

Wilgy and Mac are cray cray partners, peeps. I don't think this has been mentioned, but if I recall correctly, Wilgy knew Golden switched on the day of the 4 way tie and actually PURPOSELY made it a tie again. Bwahahaha. At least I think that's what happened. Never forget. :noble:

Marmot - Dude, I'm sorry bro! I thought you would win with us at the end there, that sucks. Great game not getting lynched ever, despite me howling to the moon about Dom haha. That story I fed you was insane. Ask Turnip, I was so nervous lulz.

Drac - No hard feeling dude. Right back at you, anything I said in game was purely for trying to win purposes.

Wilgy, Mac, motel - :beer:

#alwayslistentowilgy
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can vouch that Matt was a nervous wreck when he was in btsc with Metalmarsh. Can also vouch that he was a nervous wreck pretty much the entire game. Can also vouch that he was super upset that he had to lie to Metalmarsh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also Wilgy and I had the never forget banner in our signatures the entire time like come on guys.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

MacDougall wrote:Also Wilgy and I had the never forget banner in our signatures the entire time like come on guys.
:haha:

It's true though, MM, I didn't like lying to you. :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip, loved the derp a derp in the night post.

Loved being able tunnel on MM for days on end suspish free XD
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Also, SVS/Turnip told me about how Sorsha shouldn't have been silenced. I felt super bad and towards the end there I tried to get MM to switch back to FZ. I see he did switch for a second.

Hosts - If MM had switched to FZ, would he and Sorsha have won?

Btw FZ - Great game. I enjoy playing you btw, and you were right, I shouldn't have come out of the gate like that on you. But consider, I had just talked MM into believing me so I had to "believe him", and I claimed Sorsha to be good all game so I had no other choice haha. You're an awesome hunter, though. For realz yo.

Also bea, I did not enjoy killing you. You know you're one of my faves but I literally had no other option that night.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh yeah... My lynch swap into tie was on purpose XD

I was mashing F5 at the speed of sound and snuck in a vote as soon as I saw Golden swap.

:beer:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MacDougall wrote:Can vouch that Matt was a nervous wreck when he was in btsc with Metalmarsh. Can also vouch that he was a nervous wreck pretty much the entire game. Can also vouch that he was super upset that he had to lie to Metalmarsh.

I've had baddie bts with our matt. I can see all of that.

Also matt. I know. You wouldn't kill me unless you had to. The fault was mine. I picked the wrong redirect target. Good job MOM. ;) :hugs:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:Oh yeah... My lynch swap into tie was on purpose XD

I was mashing F5 at the speed of sound and snuck in a vote as soon as I saw Golden swap.

:beer:
You and Mac were hilarious with that tie business. Even in btsc, trying to plan more ties after that one lol.

Thanks Wilgy for staying on.

Other team was awesome too haha. Btw, I think we just got lucky with Zeebs right? If I remember, we destroyed you Zeebs because we were afraid of you. Lulz.

Linki - DEX EST MOM. XD
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote:The Llama Team Modus Operandi:

Vociferously defend teammates even in extremely precarious situations
Kill anyone who suspects us, even if they seem likely to be lynched
Make insane plays in the thread that people will invariably say "they couldn't possibly be mafia doing that"
Gambit, gambit, gambit
Buddy the fuck out of everybody who ever civ reads you even remotely
No bussing

tl;dr Do all the things that everyone is convinced the mafia don't do that are obviously beneficial tactics to do as mafia. Win via wifom.
Genius. Fucking. Genius. :clap:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:If I remember, we destroyed you Zeebs because we were afraid of you. Lulz.
:cloud9:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

That was some fun times. It's neat to see how much you've changed since then matt, but how still somethings remain the same. You can pull off the most amazing baddie shit ever by being as ballz to the walls as you were that first game. :)

And also daisy would have spotted it far sooner than I did if she hadn't had to replace out. ;)
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:Btw FZ - Great game. I enjoy playing you btw,
*ahem* I enjoy playing with* you

The other way looks like I'm insulting you, not intended haha.

Yeah bea, I had a blast. Your role looks like a lot of fun, though. Who did you target each night? Or are we waiting for stories from hosts? And no kidding, that SD...

Also, I started this and Lost on the same day and was a baddie in both. It was really strange for me to be teamed up with Wilgy in this and against him in Lost haha. At one point in Lost, I even hinted at our being teamies here by saying "For some reason, I don't think Wilgy is bad this game". XD
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah we killed Zebra because I just wanted her out of my life.

Also day 1 Mac lives on. Called Lorab out in my first post hahaha. Called Draco out. Zebra talked her way out of my scum read but DH had me fooled for a few days at least.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:Hosts - If MM had switched to FZ, would he and Sorsha have won?
Yep. That's the ending I originally wrote, you three skipped off into the sunset with each other. Even with MM's vote on Sorsha, FZ would have been lynched because Sorsha decided ties. But then MM sent in his extra vote one minute before the deadline XD
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:Hosts - If MM had switched to FZ, would he and Sorsha have won?
Yep. That's the ending I originally wrote, you three skipped off into the sunset with each other. Even with MM's vote on Sorsha, FZ would have been lynched because Sorsha decided ties. But then MM sent in his extra vote one minute before the deadline XD
Literally seconds. :disappoint:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It's okay Marmot, you win in spirit.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:Also, I started this and Lost on the same day and was a baddie in both. It was really strange for me to be teamed up with Wilgy in this and against him in Lost haha. At one point in Lost, I even hinted at our being teamies here by saying "For some reason, I don't think Wilgy is bad this game". XD
I noticed :suspish: that's how I caught Scotty lol!
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think if there is one piece of advice I'd like to give to everybody really, it's that as the day closes, go through all the cases and put your vote on the one that is the right combination of best case + most likely to be lynched. Far too often people just vote for the candidate that they built their own case on, or worse they just drive by vote someone on a ping that they haven't even elaborated on. When civilians play that way it is just way too easy as a bad guy to just not have to answer for your vote.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Boomslang was:
Frans - Guess Who?~CIVVIE
Each Night, choose someone who may only ask yes or no questions the next Day
Fuck you, Boomslang.
I couldn't stop laughing.
Image Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Basically just be more responsible with your vote. I intentionally tried to play this one like a cautionary tale. The mafia meta here allowed me to skate through day after day actually being outwardly obviously bad because bad play is written off as bad, not mafia. As a civilian it can be hard to keep up with contributions but ultimately your biggest obvious influence is your vote and if you are thoughtful with it, as the game goes by it builds the pressure on the bad guys and makes them stand out more.

But for real, Boomslang buddy wtf.

I reckon Boomslang did the civs a favour though because LC was right in the hammer of being played by me, bless him. He'd already wasted two separate nights on giving me BTSC and had another one blocked. Had me first night and then I told him to get Wilgy in there... He chose bea of his own accord out of fear that I kept telling him to invite my teammies (I actually had just told him to invite Matt hahaha) which in hindsight was probably not the wisest choice because bea, bless her she's such a trusting lady he probably should have invited someone a bit more discerning to analyse the situation.

You saw how much me and Wilgy simply HAVING btsc with LC convinced bea we were good, btsc is a strange beast because you just can't help but trust who you're talking to. I did the same thing in AWR with Hamburger Boy (who fuck me is an outrageously good player). If he invited a couple more civs before dying Wilgy and myself might have found ourself part of a civvie voting bloc hahaha.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Actually that reminds me, LC who was the other person you had BTSC with?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Honestly MM if I had considered it (I didn't think it was a possible scenario tbh), I would have clarified your win condition to be"at least two or ALL living players must have voted for you". I know you told me you don't think you deserve the win but I disagree. You were under fire most of the game and at one point with like 7 or 8 players left you had managed to get all of them to vote for you. And just like the original Sidoh you tried to help the civvies win, even though you had no reason to (and were ultimately unsuccessful). :P

You had a difficult win condition, you were ready to give up but you kept going and you gave it everything you had. The win is yours if you want it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Honestly MM if I had considered it (I didn't think it was a possible scenario tbh), I would have clarified your win condition to be"at least two or ALL living players must have voted for you". I know you told me you don't think you deserve the win but I disagree. You were under fire most of the game and at one point with like 7 or 8 players left you had managed to get all of them to vote for you. And just like the original Sidoh you tried to help the civvies win, even though you had no reason to (and were ultimately unsuccessful). :P

You had a difficult win condition, you were ready to give up but you kept going and you gave it everything you had. The win is yours if you want it.
These are the best hosts ever! Handing out wins for technicalities and for spirit. :biggrin: If you're offering, I will graciously accept it.

I thought about PM'ing you with this exact question on Day 12, but decided I didn't want to know the answer, and just play for the civ win instead.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It's not just for spirit :P You achieved your win condition. It wasn't clear what would happen with fewer than two players, and it would have made no sense NOT to clarify it the way I did above.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Marmot - the true king of winning in obscure ways. The 2015 Game of Champions would not have truly represented 2015 without it. Marmot, you must accept.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lol Matt dominates everybody and magically has to share the victory with the other scum team and an indy because fuzzies.

Booooooooooo
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:Lol Matt dominates everybody and magically has to share the victory with the other scum team and an indy because fuzzies.

Booooooooooo
I feel so sorry for you. Here have another win.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:It's not just for spirit :P You achieved your win condition. It wasn't clear what would happen with fewer than two players, and it would have made no sense NOT to clarify it the way I did above.
Haha, true. Regardless, I appreciate it very much. I'll be sure to write a Survival guide to mafia that follows these guidelines.

Night 0 ---> Day 1: Do everything in your power to get yourself lynched (but don't actually get lynched). People ignore obvious scumslips when they actually happen, and only tend to care days later.

Day 2 ---> Day 4 : Act like you have no idea how to play mafia. Not only that, pretend you don't even know you're posting in a mafia thread. People will take a little while to notice this behavior, and the mafia teams won't kill you because you're entertaining. Claim neutral if you're feeling a little too uncomfortable with this stage.

Day 5 ---> Day 7: Around Night 4/Day 5, slowly begin to transition your behavior to actual mafia suspicions and on-topic discussion. Not only this but make sure that every single one of your suspects is a civilian, and also make sure you make a couple of crucial, late-day votes. This is important. Civilians are sometimes wrong, so you must show some mortality, and mafia won't have any interest in nightkilling such a terrible civilian. If you time it just right, people won't get the chance to mention your previous useless behavior.

Day 8 ---> Onward: Now's where you have to work hard. You need to net yourself a nice baddie lynch (preferably a close one), and put your vote on it. At this point in the game, people will be looking at you and your terrible record. Since many folks will want to lynch you, mafia won't bother killing you. All you've gotta do is keep on lynching baddies, and eventually folks will come around. You don't have to do all the work, just make sure those baddies hit the floor.

With this, you will finish the game very much alive. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You forgot an important step: Make sure the role checker says something sketchy about you, so that a baddie will harp on it all game thinking you'll eventually be an easy lynch. ;)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Honestly MM if I had considered it (I didn't think it was a possible scenario tbh), I would have clarified your win condition to be"at least two or ALL living players must have voted for you". I know you told me you don't think you deserve the win but I disagree. You were under fire most of the game and at one point with like 7 or 8 players left you had managed to get all of them to vote for you. And just like the original Sidoh you tried to help the civvies win, even though you had no reason to (and were ultimately unsuccessful). :P

These are the best hosts ever! Handing out wins for technicalities and for spirit. :biggrin: If you're offering, I will graciously accept it.

I thought about PM'ing you with this exact question on Day 12, but decided I didn't want to know the answer, and just play for the civ win instead.
No, you're supposed to have a change of heart brought on by their generosity and say "I know someone who wants this more than me..." and hand it over to Sorsha. You have failed. :srsnod:
MacDougall wrote:Actually that reminds me, LC who was the other person you had BTSC with?
Just bea. I chose JJJ the night he was killed. :evileye:
MacDougall wrote:Basically just be more responsible with your vote. I intentionally tried to play this one like a cautionary tale. The mafia meta here allowed me to skate through day after day actually being outwardly obviously bad because bad play is written off as bad, not mafia. As a civilian it can be hard to keep up with contributions but ultimately your biggest obvious influence is your vote and if you are thoughtful with it, as the game goes by it builds the pressure on the bad guys and makes them stand out more.

But for real, Boomslang buddy wtf.
I hope his fancy new GutBased Truth NegatorTM doesn't make it past this testing phase and into the open market. :evileye: In a Champions Game too! :disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
I reckon Boomslang did the civs a favour though because LC was right in the hammer of being played by me, bless him. He'd already wasted two separate nights on giving me BTSC and had another one blocked. Had me first night and then I told him to get Wilgy in there...

I figured, keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The fact that you tried to save my life during the Boomslang debacle lynch is a testament to that. If I had outlived either you or Wilgy, then it would not have looked good for you, and as you said, you mentioned Matt as well.
He chose bea of his own accord out of fear that I kept telling him to invite my teammies (I actually had just told him to invite Matt hahaha) which in hindsight was probably not the wisest choice because bea, bless her she's such a trusting lady he probably should have invited someone a bit more discerning to analyse the situation.
I was glad to have bea. She was my favourite BTSC. :meany:
You saw how much me and Wilgy simply HAVING btsc with LC convinced bea we were good, btsc is a strange beast because you just can't help but trust who you're talking to. I did the same thing in AWR with Hamburger Boy (who fuck me is an outrageously good player). If he invited a couple more civs before dying Wilgy and myself might have found ourself part of a civvie voting bloc hahaha.
I didn't tell bea that you guys were Civvies, you did that by being the in-thread cheerleader for the Save LC BTSC Squad. It was very convincing! :haha: But we talked about watching out for telltale signs of lies, like Wilgy not saving me if I got lynched. :suspish:
DharmaHelper
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

LC Did you really have tricks in BTSC to clear people or was that horseshit.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”