35%

Total votes: 23
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Re: [DAY 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by thellama73 »

Hi Devin! Hi guys!

Yes, I am sorry for not being around much. I realize that I am not playing like a champion, but I expect my schedule to clear up by tomorrow and I hope to address some of your concerns. I saw the conversation you quoted, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at with it. I stand by my comments. I would be happy to address any concerns you have.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I'm leaning toward a DP vote as well for all those reasons.

I'm looking through the roles to see which players he could be, based upon the switcharoo. Initially, I thought he might be Beggars Banquet, but that player is not allowed to use the switch on himself.

In sum, I think he could have been protected by Big Daddy. That would make sense, wouldn't it? DP has gotten a rep for not being very active lately, and if you were on a baddie team with him, wouldn't you want to protect him since you wouldn't know how much he'd be online?

Here is the description for Big Daddy:
• Big Daddy (Bouncer) - [Bioshock] – Is mentally conditioned to protect one of his teammates under any circumstances, guarding them from harm. At the very start of the game, the team selects the player to bond to Big Daddy (Bouncer). If any character attempts to nightkill Big Daddy's target, Bouncer absorbs the kill attempt. Bouncer is harder to kill than most living creatures due to its thick armored suit; as such, it has an automatic 50% chance of surviving NKs. Starting Night 2, Bouncer targets a player of its choice with its drill, which has an 85% chance of killing its target. After using its drill, the Bouncer must take two nights to recharge its energy before another brutal attack. If Big Daddy is busy protecting on the night he is supposed to kill, he skips the night, and tries the following night instead.
I think Big Daddy may have bounded to DP. Any thoughts? I would like some feedback before I vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Based upon this, he couldn't have evaded death by being Mycroft Holmes:
• Mycroft Holmes - [Sherlock] – Sherlock's brother, and high-ranking member of the British government. Can save someone from lynch three times, but not himself, and not the same player more than once.
And it's unlikely he is the:
• King of Town - [Homestar Runner] - Has a smorgasbord buffet in his castle. He will choose one item to eat each night, giving him a one time use ability the following night, but he won't know what the item does before he eats it.
Because he wouldn't know that the Cupcake he ate would have switched the lynch, and that would be a pretty big coincidence.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Would that night poll count as an NK? The only thing that worries me is he could be:
• Trusty John - [Grimm's Fairy Tales] – Is always valiant and has the Kingdom's best interest at heart. The first time he is targeted for a NK, he will survive and there will be two days in a row. The second time he dies.
I guess we will see if there are two days in a row, which is the only real thing staying my hand at this point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:Based upon this, he couldn't have evaded death by being Mycroft Holmes:
• Mycroft Holmes - [Sherlock] – Sherlock's brother, and high-ranking member of the British government. Can save someone from lynch three times, but not himself, and not the same player more than once.
Don't we already know that Lizzy was Mycroft ? :confused:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I guess I'm a little confused. It said on the post:

Dom has been killed by Zodac. He was Bob.

Doesn't that tell us Zodac took DP's lynch votes, split them between Dom and DP, and then picked Dom to die in the tie?

Or am i entirely missing the point with what you are trying to say Mongoose?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

BigDamnHero wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Based upon this, he couldn't have evaded death by being Mycroft Holmes:
Don't we already know that Lizzy was Mycroft ? :confused:
Urk. Of course.I've not made a player/role list this game yet and it's pretty obviously making me sloppy.

Juliets - I am looking into this matter and will get back to you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

It seems pretty obvious that whatever happened must have been Zodac - MP was pretty clear about that character's role in the process.
I don't know what that implies about Zodac's power, but I don't think we can really infer anything about DP except that Zodac wanted Dom dead instead.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Russtifinko wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:By Bob! Can't say I'll miss you! Sorry Dom :blush:
:rip: Kate.

Bullz, I was just going to say that I thought it was the Manipulators' kill attempt on Nev both times, as well. Maybe I misread it this time? Maybe it's just a coincidence. Idk.

But I will be looking at BWT and llama today. Btw, did anyone bother rereading my conversation with him? I'd like feedback on that.
Dev, is this what you mean about BWT and llama agreeing? That all indies should die?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I tend to agree. Indies are unknowable loose cannons and in this game what we don't know can kill us.
Unless we get an indy role that specifically states they have to win with the civs, I tend to never fully trust them. Especially when they almost always have secrets, and could potentially have the ability to kill. No thanks.
S~V~S wrote:I guess I have been holding stupid opinions since 2009, since this has always been my opinion of Indy roles in general.:noble:
It's the same one I've always held, so it certainly can't be stupid! :D
birdwithteeth11 wrote:@Dom: I already mentioned why I think Epig is bad. I feel he's trying to keep us from making another attempt at lynching redacted. I feel like he's making an awful lot of assumptions about Zodac's powers remaining unchanged (I honestly don't believe MP would do that).

I do have a question for you though. Why are you willing to trust Epig so much when you've admitted that he's backpedaling? Because I don't see insistence being a good enough reason to go along with someone.
This is interesting. Why did Dom trust Epi so much? Was he trying to gain civ cred, or protecting his first recruit? Not saying it's worth lynching Epi over, it just caught my eye as I read BWT.

In retrospect of this, and now that we know who Dom was, it makes me feel more likely that Epig is up to no good. Maybe Dom was setting him up before attempting to recruit him? Or perhaps he already had? Either way, there's a very good chance I will be voting Epig today.
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Why me, Russ? I feel like I remember you saying why, but it's slipped my mind and I'm tired and can't remember.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I don't get the logic for Lizzy, especially given she supported the wacky software idea. And the people voting for Elo because Epig sees her civ game doesn't fly with me. Although I hardly ever buy the "Because I know the person better IRL, I'm better at reading them" argument. I think all the times MP and I have been wrong about each other is enough evidence of that lol.

I am however willing to throw a vote toward bea. She seems fairly involved and is asking lots of questions and examining multiple aspects, which I generally like to see from her.
Night 2. This is for the shield poll. You voted bea, indicating you thought she was the most civ person in the whole game.

She was the one I felt most comfortable about at the time. I never said she was "the most civ person in the whole game". I just didn't agree with the logic for Elo. Although this bit makes me think Epig may have been trying to set her up later on as another potential recruit.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Right now I'm in between bea (for what I mentioned before) and Lizzy for what Epig mentioned about her. But I don't feel terribly strongly about either one, and could be persuaded to look elsewhere.

I'm also going to take the leap of faith and assume that each name on the poll corresponds to that person. Although I get the feeling we're going to be proven wrong about that one.
Day 3, lynch poll. Now you suspect the person you were most sure was a civ yesterday. "what you mentioned before" was bea advocating leaving BOB alone, not realizing he was an SK. She had actually corrected her position before you posted, but I guess you didn't see what she wrote after that post. The case also just seems wishy-washy to me, and leaves a not of room for backing out if you are bad and your case doesn't stick.

I thought I had already addressed this, but maybe I didn't. I was posting as I was going along catching up, and didn't notice her response post to that. I think it was because I skimmed over it, got called out for not mentioning it, and had to go back and check.
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I did miss that response from you. Sorry about that.

That pretty much addresses my concerns about you, so I think we're okay for now.
Then you voted Lizzy and backed off, after I called you on your strange case and bea addressed your points.

Since then, you've alleged that my case on you was that you're blendy. It's not, and it never was. I always see you as blendy, so I don't take it as a sign of alignment.
So your case revolves around me backing off from bea then, and not me being blendy? I got new evidence that I hadn't noticed before, so yes, my opinion probably changed there. Anything else or was that it?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Devin the Omniscient wrote:There, once again the last line of white text is the last thing llama said to me. Please read it before skipping over it again.
That would lead me to believe that either he's Zodac or was a teammate of INH's. Leaning a bit more toward the second one.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

DharmaHelper wrote:
bea wrote:RIP Kate - and wow - Dom was a surprise! We're getting quite lucky here aren't we? :D And only one minion to deal with.

Oh socky - if we lynch Bob's minion, will we be told that he was the recruit or will only his original civ role be revealed?
Bob can recruit more than just civs. Slip up anyone? :eye:
Hmmmmmm....probing a bit too much for extra info maybe?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

juliets wrote:I guess I'm a little confused. It said on the post:

Dom has been killed by Zodac. He was Bob.

Doesn't that tell us Zodac took DP's lynch votes, split them between Dom and DP, and then picked Dom to die in the tie?

Or am i entirely missing the point with what you are trying to say Mongoose?
Yeah, I completely forgot that Zodac was the one who killed Dom. Derp. :derp:

So then he had to split the votes between DP and Dom. And managed to get lucky and take out a huge target with it. I guess that rules out the "being protected by a Big Daddy" idea.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 1] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Russtifinko »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: So your case revolves around me backing off from bea then, and not me being blendy? I got new evidence that I hadn't noticed before, so yes, my opinion probably changed there. Anything else or was that it?
More or less, but I think you're missing the scope.

In the shield poll, the only thing any civ has incentive to do is to vote the person they think is most civ-like for the shield, so it doesn't end up in the hands of baddies and get passed back and forth (I htink that happened in MOTU). So if you voted bea, you thought she was the most civ-like player in the game.

The next day, she was one of your top 2 candidates for lynch, indicating she was one of the two people you thought were least likely to be civ. She jumped over 25 spots on your "Top Baddies" list overnight!! However, I think your case was weak and that you purposely worded it to be able to drop it later. Backing off is fine by me, especially if new info shows up, which it did. Wording things flimsily so nothing sticks to you seems baddie in my opinion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
bea wrote:RIP Kate - and wow - Dom was a surprise! We're getting quite lucky here aren't we? :D And only one minion to deal with.

Oh socky - if we lynch Bob's minion, will we be told that he was the recruit or will only his original civ role be revealed?
Just pinged me with all bea's "Guys lets be friends with Bob" talk earlier.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I feel like I can't see the forest for the trees, so gonna back up for a spell and see if I get any hankerin's.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:

Nope. Just poor wording. I am not the baddie or the really tuition you are looking for.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

bea wrote:I am not the baddie or the really tuition you are looking for.
bea is this your spell check gone wild? What did you mean to say here, lol?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

LOL. On phone at work. Woooio autocorrect. That should have read: or recruit.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

I thought it would be fun to get the flu so I might be a bit quieter than my normal pensive self as I sleep and be sick. :|

I am intrigued by what could be seen as a slip-up from bea. If she actually is the minion like was suspected yesterday then it wasn't the minion that tried to kill Nev last night because she had a vote against her.

Another thing I was thinking about, without Bob the recruit is essentially a vanilla role as long as they get a vote every day. Perhaps if we continue to suspect bea was Bob's one and only recruit we just put a single vote on her every day and focus on catching other baddies. If it becomes clear the minion is killing then we can stop doing that as it will clear her. Otherwise it would be a way to play on the safe side. If I'm missing an obvious problem with that, let me know.

I want to read back on BWT because I've noticed his name being brought up a lot. I don't want to get the two games mixed up so if someone would be kind enough to summarize the suspicion against him here I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to go crawl back into bed now. Will check in again and try to do some reading back of my own a bit later.
ImageImage

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hey all. Been having a really busy time. Word to the busy mama problem, except I havent learned to be nearly as efficient as Elo and I only have one. If this guy naps today, I should have some time to jump on and catch up.

All I caught so far was a pretty funny autocorrect.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:Hi Devin! Hi guys!

Yes, I am sorry for not being around much. I realize that I am not playing like a champion, but I expect my schedule to clear up by tomorrow and I hope to address some of your concerns. I saw the conversation you quoted, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at with it. I stand by my comments. I would be happy to address any concerns you have.
Hi llama! *waves*

There's not much else I can say here. Your different behavior and "odd responses" were the only things I could latch onto so far. I'm willing to chalk the different behavior up to a busy llama. As for the conversation, if you're standing by your comments still at this point, I guess we can just agree to disagree :)
I do disagree so much that I'm still a little pinged by what you said, but I will give you a chance for now ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Flyin' High wrote: Another thing I was thinking about, without Bob the recruit is essentially a vanilla role as long as they get a vote every day. Perhaps if we continue to suspect bea was Bob's one and only recruit we just put a single vote on her every day and focus on catching other baddies. If it becomes clear the minion is killing then we can stop doing that as it will clear her. Otherwise it would be a way to play on the safe side. If I'm missing an obvious problem with that, let me know.
The obvious problem is that if bea is not the recruit (and I see no real evidence to indicate that she is),
we pass up the opportunity to reduce the number of kills by spreading the vote.
And of course that it is impossible to get a group of mafia players to behave in a unified way.

Until I see somebody that I really suspect, I'm going to keep using my vote to try to determine who that recruit is.
If it turns out tomorrow that there is no kill attempt by Jack, then I'll be fairly confident that the attempt last night *was* TeamBob, and that bea is *not* the recruit.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I think it may be wise to protect oursevles or attempt to find the minion by systematically spreading the vote. This will either stop the kill or force the minion to decide whether they want to use the kill and expose themselves. After a few days we should be able to at least narrow it down. What do others think? For example, voting people in segments on the poll. This should in no way prevent those from voting for who they suspect, but if we add single votes to a few others and do it with intention this might work.

Which number vote was K4j when he protected us? Just looked it up. It was #11.

Any PP patterns of number selecting will change because, well the PP reads this thread too. So we can plan all we like, but it wont affect it too much. Agree with Bullz assessment that somewhere in the middle is probably the most likely, and the hardest to avoid.

Russtifinko wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: So your case revolves around me backing off from bea then, and not me being blendy? I got new evidence that I hadn't noticed before, so yes, my opinion probably changed there. Anything else or was that it?
More or less, but I think you're missing the scope.

In the shield poll, the only thing any civ has incentive to do is to vote the person they think is most civ-like for the shield, so it doesn't end up in the hands of baddies and get passed back and forth (I htink that happened in MOTU). So if you voted bea, you thought she was the most civ-like player in the game.

The next day, she was one of your top 2 candidates for lynch, indicating she was one of the two people you thought were least likely to be civ. She jumped over 25 spots on your "Top Baddies" list overnight!! However, I think your case was weak and that you purposely worded it to be able to drop it later. Backing off is fine by me, especially if new info shows up, which it did. Wording things flimsily so nothing sticks to you seems baddie in my opinion.
Russ, this is the most interesting point for me so far. The complete 180 on bea. Is she the "most civ-like" or the most suspicious? I actually cant decide if I would rather vote bea of BWT based on what is coming up. My thought in voting bea is only if she were actually bad it might reveal some of her voters. However, if Dom had recruited her the time to do it would be before she passed the shield on to someone else. If she asked the host in thread in the minion role reverts back to original role than suddenly it doesn seem a threat to us. These are the thoughts moving around in my head right now, but interested in what others think.

juliets idea of voting bea everyday conflicts with my minion searching plan, but it might not be a bad place to start.

Linki Nev could you explain that again? I thought the kill was the manipulators? Maybe I understood that wrong?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Hi Devin! Hi guys!

Hi llama! *waves*

There's not much else I can say here. Your different behavior and "odd responses" were the only things I could latch onto so far. I'm willing to chalk the different behavior up to a busy llama. As for the conversation, if you're standing by your comments still at this point, I guess we can just agree to disagree :)
I do disagree so much that I'm still a little pinged by what you said, but I will give you a chance for now ;)
He could be bad, he could be good. I think he deserves the BOTD for a day or so, but I think those mannerisms are explained by busyness. He could be wreaking havoc backstage for all we know.

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't lynched for the wrong reasons. Since this is the Championships, and to be the best, you have to beat the best, and I want to do that fair and square.

:Mongoose:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh great, I'm making Bring it On references without even knowing it. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote:I think it may be wise to protect oursevles or attempt to find the minion by systematically spreading the vote. This will either stop the kill or force the minion to decide whether they want to use the kill and expose themselves. After a few days we should be able to at least narrow it down. What do others think? For example, voting people in segments on the poll. This should in no way prevent those from voting for who they suspect, but if we add single votes to a few others and do it with intention this might work.
This sounds reasonable to me. Except I don't think we can really coordinate that stuff,
but individuals trying to track the coverage and spread around ought to get the same results.
Hedgeowl wrote:juliets idea of voting bea everyday conflicts with my minion searching plan, but it might not be a bad place to start.
Well, I think we ought to leave that duty to Juliets - it is after all one she can accomplish solo just fine.
Hedgeowl wrote: Linki Nev could you explain that again? I thought the kill was the manipulators? Maybe I understood that wrong?
I didn't see any reason to suggest that it was. Here's the text:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Nevinera turned around and followed the content crowd of champions as they looked to find a place to rest for the night.
Little did he know he was being followed. A strange figure attempted to murder him, but as always ever alert, Nevinera swiftly turned his body around and kicked the assailant in the groin.
The murderer fell to the ground in pain. Nevinera moved on.

A gunshot was then heard. All of the champions looked around, frantically, in response to the surprise murder. It appeared one of them had fallen. It was Kate.
Those read like distinct events to me, unlike the first time, when someone tried to *shoot* me, and then the nightpost plainly said:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Nevinera has survived a kill attempt by the Manipulators.
I'm pretty sure that it was either the recruit or Jack, thought I suppose we can't entirely rule out some of the secrets-folk.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Man.. quote fail.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hedgeowl wrote:.

juliets idea of voting bea everyday conflicts with my minion searching plan, but it might not be a bad place to start.
I never had an idea to vote bea everyday. I think you have me confused with someone else.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

juliets wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:.

I never had an idea to vote bea everyday. I think you have me confused with someone else.
You're right, that was FH in the post above mine.

Nev, agreed, will leave it to FH to vote bea every day if she likes. If a few of us coordinate the effort we might make some headway. Don't want it to takeover the thread, since its one threat and not from a baddie team. However still a dangerous kill. The minion is basically an SK with LMS win conditions if I understand it right.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote:Nev, agreed, will leave it to FH to vote bea every day if she likes. If a few of us coordinate the effort we might make some headway. Don't want it to takeover the thread, since its one threat and not from a baddie team. However still a dangerous kill. The minion is basically an SK with LMS win conditions if I understand it right.
Even a little worse than that, though still nearly as dangerous -
the minion can only win if it has some way to beat the 1v1 at the end.
By that point, he'll be getting a vote every round, so no kills.

I don't think we'll reach that point though.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

I've personally found that I've been agreeing with BWT a lot :eek:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

You will be told that person's role as well as the fact that they are a minion.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

5 feels lucky. If a Piranha Plant eats me, I guess it would be poetic justice.

Can't shake the DP squirrely feelings, and I don't think that's going to change by deadline.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

blindfaeth wrote:I've personally found that I've been agreeing with BWT a lot :eek:
That makes you less suspicious to me. I think if BWT is bad (which I'm inclined to believe), his teammate wouldn't openly agree with him. :p

I do agree with FH that we should probably keep a vote on Bea, at least until we know what's going on. But I do think BWT's 180 is very shady, so I'm leaning more towards him than Bea at this point.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

DharmaHelper wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Just pinged me with all bea's "Guys lets be friends with Bob" talk earlier.
I think I might vote bea. Idk that comment felt weird and igot nothing better.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'm probably going to miss the vote deadline later, and I don't have strong suspicions of anyone yet -
I'm going to vote Elohcin in the hopes of ruling her out as the recruit.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not sure who I'm going to vote for today.

I reviewed bwt's posts and all I saw was the turn around with bea and I'm not sure thats strong enough evidence to vote on. I sometimes change my mind fast too depending on what is going on in the thread. Maybe I'll go back and read the thread between the two points. Is there anything else on bwt that I am missing?

DP was definitely the peoples choice yesterday for playing least like a champion so I could possibly go with a vote there, or if anyone has a case for anyone being a baddie I'm open for that too. If i don't get a stronger feeling by day end I may cover someone with a vote in case they are the minion.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote: You will be told that person's role as well as the fact that they are a minion.
Yay!!

And someone said something about minions holding kills. Idk if that could happen here, because in Twin Peaks we were required to kill if we didn't receive votes. So we should be able to narrow it down fairly quickly.

I wish votes came with timestamps! The NIght 2 poll (the one in which BOB recruited) was the shield poll, so it's entirely possible he picked bea to get the shield. However, Dom himself actually voted Elo with vote 19, and then bea got votes 21-25. Maybe Dom meant to get Elo the shield and recruit her. If Dom was in the thread as bea's votes rolled in, he could've switched his target. I think we should probably keep them both covered, just to be safe.

The more I think about it, the more I think DP surviving a modkill could mean he's Zodac. It makes sense for such a powerful indie role to be able to save itself, but not really for it to be able to save other random people.

I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around why bea got so many shield poll votes, and especially so many late ones. I don't think the baddies would be that obvious as to group all their votes like that for a teammate, so maybe baddies voted her so they could be proven right later, or maybe they had the first few votes for her and got the train a-rollin'. I think baddies must be involved somehow though, because that many civs deciding that independently seems far-fetched.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Sorry for more big posts. Just musing for now.

I also think it's weird the modkill last night didn't even to deflect to the person with the second most votes. Dom was on the poll, but got no votes. Unless MP has a beef with Dom (which I very much doubt), it got deflected to a random player on the poll.

I think we've caught a baddie BWT. Someone let me know if I'm getting tunnel vision on that though. However, if DP really is Zodac, he's probably an even bigger priority for now. And I think Elo and bea should be covered.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh, Elo is already covered, and DP has 2 votes. And I guess juliets is going to cover bea. Good job, guys.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Mongoose wrote:Would that night poll count as an NK? The only thing that worries me is he could be:
• Trusty John - [Grimm's Fairy Tales] – Is always valiant and has the Kingdom's best interest at heart. The first time he is targeted for a NK, he will survive and there will be two days in a row. The second time he dies.
I guess we will see if there are two days in a row, which is the only real thing staying my hand at this point.
Wait, why would two days in a row be a bad thing? Presumably, days are what give civs the upper hand against all the night-killing baddies. Run this by me again.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Boomslang wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Would that night poll count as an NK? The only thing that worries me is he could be:
Wait, why would two days in a row be a bad thing? Presumably, days are what give civs the upper hand against all the night-killing baddies. Run this by me again.
It wouldn't be a bad thing for us in of itself because it would give us two shots at the lynch. The implications could be bad though if DP was this role, and we'd only know the day after today's lynch (so Day 5). But then I got straightened out by Nev, et al. I was going down the rabbit hole a little too much and couldn't see the forest for the trees (which is why I made that statement, if that makes sense).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:Sorry for more big posts. Just musing for now.

I also think it's weird the modkill last night didn't even to deflect to the person with the second most votes. Dom was on the poll, but got no votes. Unless MP has a beef with Dom (which I very much doubt), it got deflected to a random player on the poll.

I think we've caught a baddie BWT. Someone let me know if I'm getting tunnel vision on that though. However, if DP really is Zodac, he's probably an even bigger priority for now. And I think Elo and bea should be covered.
Exactly, I think cost-benefit analysis on that one is much more Pro. Meaning DP. I went through about 5 or 6 different theories yesterday (and I like yours above a lot too) and more of them are nefarious for DP than innocuous.

Since Bob is dead, is it still as important we spread out the vote? I sincerely want to know.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:

Exactly, I think cost-benefit analysis on that one is much more Pro. Meaning DP. I went through about 5 or 6 different theories yesterday (and I like yours above a lot too) and more of them are nefarious for DP than innocuous.

Since Bob is dead, is it still as important we spread out the vote? I sincerely want to know.
Bob's recruit can still kill if they don't get a vote. Personally I don't know how much spreading the vote can help, if it's spread out too far and we don't see a recruit kill tonight then we've still not learned anything. Also it's possible they might be allowed to choose not to kill anyone, thereby framing someone who did get a vote even if they didn't.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
Even a little worse than that, though still nearly as dangerous -
the minion can only win if it has some way to beat the 1v1 at the end.
By that point, he'll be getting a vote every round, so no kills.

I don't think we'll reach that point though.
Oh nevermind. I see that this ^ is the reason we still need to put votes all around.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Russtifinko wrote:Oh, Elo is already covered, and DP has 2 votes. And I guess juliets is going to cover bea. Good job, guys.
Russti, I think you missed this up above. I was not the one who suggested covering bea every night. That was FH, so I think Mongoose said she'll let FH cover bea.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Oh, Elo is already covered, and DP has 2 votes. And I guess juliets is going to cover bea. Good job, guys.
Russti, I think you missed this up above. I was not the one who suggested covering bea every night. That was FH, so I think Mongoose said she'll let FH cover bea.
I think that was hedge(?) actually. I'm keeping an eye on that situation too.

Man I'm nervous about 5 and am now paranoid about how quickly Nev voted after me. :omg:

"Well, now some schmuck took 5, I can vote now."

I am going to be so perturbed if I get murdered by a freakin plant. Someone calm me down. :overreact:

Addendum - It didn't come up in linki, but thanks for the explanation, Bullz! Didn't want you to think I was ignoring ya.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Mongoose, you are right it was hedge!

Also Russti Dom's death was not a deflection. The post states Zodac killed Dom. Or did you mean something else?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Bob's recruit can still kill if they don't get a vote. Personally I don't know how much spreading the vote can help, if it's spread out too far and we don't see a recruit kill tonight then we've still not learned anything. Also it's possible they might be allowed to choose not to kill anyone, thereby framing someone who did get a vote even if they didn't.
Very good point. Unless we spread the vote out very wide, the threat of framing a civ is certainly real. And if we spread the vote out that wide, it's more open to manipulation by coordinated baddies.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

juliets wrote:Mongoose, you are right it was hedge!

Also Russti Dom's death was not a deflection. The post states Zodac killed Dom. Or did you mean something else?
But Zodac put Dom in the middle of a lynch mob we formed to kill DP. That to me made it read like a deflection. I could be wrong, but I tend to think of the details in MP's posts as meaningful.

And I agree, spreading too much may not help us find BOB's minion. It could stop them from killing, though. At the very least, voting for a few players in addition to lynch candidates will either clear them or narrow our suspect pool a great deal.

Gonna go ahead and vote DP, I don't see anything changing my mind today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”