Total votes: 23
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote: Son of a bitch, I knew I was forgetting about something this weekend!!! I will text you shortly :blush:
Is it finally time for the Cinnamon Challenge then, Dev?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and, FYI I will be busy with friends tomorrow evening, so I won't be able to put up the night post when this period ends. So, the post will either be up sometime later in the evening, or sometime on Sunday. I won't be extending the Night period for simplicity reasons though. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Not too early, though. I sleep in on Sundays...HEY MCFLY YOUR SHOE'S UNTIED! *smack*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

BigDamnHero wrote:
bea wrote:I get that too. and you see the heat I've been getting. I know you are just trying to think everything out.

That said - I would like to see at the very least svs back in the game. it's a champions game and she is a champion. IDK where her alignment was - she was ripped out of this game too quicky for me to even try to get a read.
I do see that, and for what it's worth, I think it's completely unjustified. In my mind, I've read you as civ so far this game.

My only experience w/ SVS was in the Homestar game where she did an admirable job of subbing in and pulling the wool over everyone's eyes when she was the Independant Serial Killer. I'm not saying that's taking place here, but I know she can be wiley, cunning & manipulative. IF she was a baddie role, we wouldn't know it until it was too late.

I *so* get that as well. Here's what I get about svs - even if she is bad - she is the BEST baddie hunter I know.
The Manipulaters wanted her out day 1. That tells me 2 things. A) They are skerred of her. and B) that team is also afraid of Kate.

That tells me that both of them are prolly likely civ. And if they are on the video game team, we can and should keep our eyes soley on them.

but honestly - I had nothing but civ vibes from both of them and I've played a game or 1000 with both of them.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

Epignosis wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:@Epi: then you know you have no reason to distrust me.
I like that answer. Fucking A.
Thank you sir! :srsnod:
Since you're chatty in the Nights as I don't mind being, what do you think? Who should be lynched?
One of the baddies!

Srsly though, I'm gonna go back and read through BWT's posts cuz as I said for my vote something about him just doesn't sit right with me. I might also look at some of those who were throughing heat toward bea as I have read her as civ so far this game. Being one of the more experienced players, I could see why a baddie team would seek to target her early.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Re: [DAY 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Russtifinko wrote:RIP, FH and DP! Sorry I was wrong about you, DP.
bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I find it kinda funny that all of the people I suspected voted for Epig :ponder:
Interesting point devin - here's the thing with the Epi voters:

there's really been no case made against epi this phase. Like at all. It's picking something that was waaaaaay ages ago (his repetition of he who shall not be named's name.) and his lack of perceived punishment for it. I'd much rather see, you know, a case on epi.
This is a really interesting point, to me. Did it also seem to you guys that the Epi "case" was kind of a party line? Like, people all saying the same thing but in their own words, as if it were pre-planned? I'm not saying I think everyone who voted Epi is on the same team, that would be monumentally stupid. Just that the thoughts on the case weren't super original.

I'll be keeping a eye there for sure.
I had another reason besides that for why I voted Epig. And will likely vote him again tomorrow unless something major happens. Although I'm starting to wonder if maybe I have my blinders on a little too tight.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and, FYI I will be busy with friends tomorrow evening, so I won't be able to put up the night post when this period ends. So, the post will either be up sometime later in the evening, or sometime on Sunday. I won't be extending the Night period for simplicity reasons though. Sorry for the inconvenience!
i'm a little cranky i don't get to go to the shindig.:pout:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Son of a bitch, I knew I was forgetting about something this weekend!!! I will text you shortly :blush:
Damn straight you won't forget! I guess I'm the smart one since I remembered. :P
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Definitely voting Lizzy. I can go along with the logic of SVS and Kate being thrown in there as well, not to mention if their both civvies, they're really valuable additions to the cause.

Votes those 3
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I find it kinda funny that all of the people I suspected voted for Epig :ponder:

there's really been no case made against epi this phase. Like at all. It's picking something that was waaaaaay ages ago (his repetition of he who shall not be named's name.) and his lack of perceived punishment for it. I'd much rather see, you know, a case on epi.
This is a really interesting point, to me. Did it also seem to you guys that the Epi "case" was kind of a party line? Like, people all saying the same thing but in their own words, as if it were pre-planned? I'm not saying I think everyone who voted Epi is on the same team, that would be monumentally stupid. Just that the thoughts on the case weren't super original.

I had another reason besides that for why I voted Epig. And will likely vote him again tomorrow unless something major happens. Although I'm starting to wonder if maybe I have my blinders on a little too tight.
what reason was that? and did you mention it when you voted and I missed it? I could have. I''ve admittedly been way more worried about defending than ya know - looking at other things. I'm also sure that's *exactly* what the baddies want me to be doing.

linkie even more jelousy!!!! :( *kicks dirt* everyone hates me. nobody loves me. guess I should eat worms. :p :p
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

bea wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
bea wrote:

what reason was that? and did you mention it when you voted and I missed it? I could have. I''ve admittedly been way more worried about defending than ya know - looking at other things. I'm also sure that's *exactly* what the baddies want me to be doing.

linkie even more jelousy!!!! :( *kicks dirt* everyone hates me. nobody loves me. guess I should eat worms. :p :p
It was his defense of Elo. To me, it felt like he was saying he can read her civ game really well because she's his wife. And I don't ever buy being able to read another player well because you know them irl. It's to easy to change up strategies or styles of play for that to be accurate IMO.

Well then I'll make sure you're there in spirit tomorrow night! :)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I can understand that. And also this - I've played MANY games on HV with my now husband Diggz. And we were always put in this position where we were asked what we thought of each other. It was different at the time as we weren't living in the same house and either sharing computers or being on a computer near each other, but I can say - unless we we were teammates or he was bad, he could read me with 99% accuracy.

Also it was always of *big* interest of what Black Rock and Long Con thought of each other in games they played together as they were the married couple of old standing mafia games.

And I get the "not buying the being able to read them IRL" - if I remember correctly you said something at the time about being bff with socky and reading him wrong all the time. All I can say is - yes - I get that and understand it. And also - you don't live with Socky. If you did, it might change how you see things. I know this because I now live with my hubby and we played a game or two on HV.

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust either epi or elo just yet. Not solely based on the fact that epi says she's civ. Don't forget - I've hosted them on a baddie team together. I'm just saying - I can see where he was coming from and his endorsement of her isn't near as weird to me as the other people who followed him a long w/o a second thought. :)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

unfortunately - I have to close tomorrow. :( which means, that being there "in spirit" just means you all know I'm working and hella pissed off that I'm working and I can't come harrass any of you in any of the ways I could. :srsnod:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

also you thought I was baddie mc badderson not so long ago.

do you still feel the sme and if upi don't what changed your mind.?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

gpt to keep those good vibrations happinin to us...
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok, I typed up something longer, but stupid mobile device deleting it.

BWT, you act like you haven't ever played with Elo and Epi before. He defends her almost every game! It became a central issue in LOST which you didn't play maybe, but also in Agods, which you did play. She was civ Fortuna and then baddie Pandora on a baddie team with me and DF. I have never seen Epi not call Elos alliance correctly, so yes I think that is more reliable than my instincts on her. It is 100% different with friends and people who don't live together like Bea said. Llama and I have known each other for almost 20 years and can't read each other almost at all we are finding out.

In the scenario where they are both bad together we will obviously not know, but again that has happened once this whole year, and yes it could again, but odds are already low. If you want to lynch Epi for defending his wife than fine, better than lynching Elo to find out Epi was in fact right.

I understand blindfaeth finding it curious because he hasn't played those games and doesn't have the history behind it, but you not so much. This ain't your first rodeo ya? :)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Voted DP and Lizzy because theyre civ.. everyone else, super cruel for voting svs. After the hell she went through, she wanted out. What makes you think shed want back in?

Bea, were not talking about mentioning inh at present - it was on day 2 when everyone suspected inh and epig carelessly posted a wall of his name. The voters for elo for shield with nothing to go on, the partnership with nevin, something just isnt adding up. And the fact a few people suspect me for it just speaks to my stubborn side and makes me feel like im right in my gut. Srsly, feels like he has subtle teammates. I dont think i recall him defending himself either, just completely ignores it. Super weird.

Rip FH and DP

linki- i dont think its the defending of elo thats suspicious, its everyone taking epigs word for it that shes good, when you dont know his alignment. Especially considering i suspect him, just smells fishy to me.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

really bf? because a day ago I was baddie mcbadderason.

and again - I'm confused why we should be worried about saying someone's name that not only was killed but also that most of us wouldn' rezz if you paid us.

this feels like fear mongering.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

blindfaeth wrote:Voted DP and Lizzy because theyre civ.. everyone else, super cruel for voting svs. After the hell she went through, she wanted out. What makes you think shed want back in?

Bea, were not talking about mentioning inh at present - it was on day 2 when everyone suspected inh and epig carelessly posted a wall of his name. The voters for elo for shield with nothing to go on, the partnership with nevin, something just isnt adding up. And the fact a few people suspect me for it just speaks to my stubborn side and makes me feel like im right in my gut. Srsly, feels like he has subtle teammates. I dont think i recall him defending himself either, just completely ignores it. Super weird.

Rip FH and DP

linki- i dont think its the defending of elo thats suspicious, its everyone taking epigs word for it that shes good, when you dont know his alignment. Especially considering i suspect him, just smells fishy to me.
also - I take umbrage for you telling me it's cruel to vote svs back in the game.

I know she had issues. she's a champion. And I know she'd want to be back in the game. Under different circumstances.

I'm a little pissed off at you that you'd think that I'd hurt my friend by asking her to come back.

I want to be *really* cranky about it but I'mma taking a deep breath and focusing and not being angry right now.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Bea, again, im talking about when he did this on day two when inh was still alive. Say hisname all you want for all i care now that hes dead. Youve misunderstood me.

Also, SVS posted 'thanks whoever killed me for putting me out of my misery' or something to that effect, i can pull the quote for you. So i dont understand why wed want to rezz someone whose identity is unknown and wasnt enjoying her time in the game, sry.

Also why did you mention 'yesterday you were baddie mcbadderson"? I never said i no longer suspected you, in fact, the more you twist my words the more i suspect you.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Please don't shoot the messenger :D but I'm not sure you can vote for both DP and Lizzy since they are group 1 together.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

blindfaeth wrote:Voted DP and Lizzy because theyre civ.
Who deserves a 1-UP?? [VOTE 1 from first group; VOTE 2 from second group]
blindfaeth wrote:Voting from my phone for Epig cuz i dont trust him. I cant get over how on day 2 he spammed inh's name and then didnt put any effort into easing my discomfort by saying he always gives bad vibes. Plus he and nevin have this weird unspoken unholy alliance i totally dont trust.
blindfaeth wrote:Bea, were not talking about mentioning inh at present - it was on day 2 when everyone suspected inh and epig carelessly posted a wall of his name.
Carelessly? Hell, I did it on purpose.

And it was on Day 1.
blindfaeth wrote:The voters for elo for shield with nothing to go on,
Nothing? Assumptions, assumptions.
blindfaeth wrote:the partnership with nevin,
Where is this partnership to which you keep alluding?

I just F3'd the hell out of my posts. I address Nevinera three times:

Once I told him he doesn't know MP.

Another time I tell him he's wrong.

And again telling him he's wrong.
blindfaeth wrote:something just isnt adding up.
That's what happens when you make up the figures.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

blindfaeth wrote:Voted DP and Lizzy because theyre civ.. everyone else, super cruel for voting svs. After the hell she went through, she wanted out. What makes you think shed want back in?

Rip FH and DP

I can understand you finding it odd given you didn't play those most recent games with us as I have stated multiple times. However, as I said before regardless of Epi's alignment he will defend Elo if he thinks she is civ, and I have never seen him wrong. I have been bad with both of them and seen this take place from many sides. I kinda feel like I should have this discussion copied and pasted and before every game just post it in the thread, since it comes up Every.Single.Game.

Interesting point about SVS that I hadn't considered. She could turn the rezz down in which case maybe it would go to FH instead. I will leave that up to her to decide though. :)
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Thanks mongoose- this makes more sense. Im not sure i read the host post thoroughly since ive been posting from my phone this morning, so you're probably right :-)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I understand both sides, but just because S~V~S was frustrated before her untimely demise doesn't mean she will bring that back with her. It's been several days and the game landscape is a bit different now. I bet she would be lured here like a siren call even if she didn't want to come back; she might feel compelled to come back. Heh heh.

The Power of Sock compels you!

Why am I up this early.

linki - No worries! That would indeed be hard.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm voting for SVS, Lizzy, and Kate. I can understand why SVS was frustrated when she left but I don't think the issue is still a factor in this game. Also, she is a great champion who was taken too soon. I think Lizzy is an obvious choice in her group, and I think Kate was also a great champion taken too soon. So, SVS, Lizzy, and Kate.

Also did bf vote for the line or is it just my eyes?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

bea wrote:also you thought I was baddie mc badderson not so long ago.

do you still feel the sme and if upi don't what changed your mind.?
Honestly, I don't know. I want to say I'm still suspicious of you, but I don't feel like you've done anything else that's worth raising my suspicion levels. But I'm starting to wonder if it's possible that I have my blinders on, because I feel like you and Epig are the only ones I've directed any :eye: 's toward a lot in this game.
Hedgeowl wrote:BWT, you act like you haven't ever played with Elo and Epi before. He defends her almost every game! It became a central issue in LOST which you didn't play maybe, but also in Agods, which you did play. She was civ Fortuna and then baddie Pandora on a baddie team with me and DF. I have never seen Epi not call Elos alliance correctly, so yes I think that is more reliable than my instincts on her. It is 100% different with friends and people who don't live together like Bea said. Llama and I have known each other for almost 20 years and can't read each other almost at all we are finding out.
Maybe so. I could see how some would find it different with them being husband and wife vs. best friends or something similar. But unfortunately, I don't have any experience of that to go off of. Still though, I can see where you're coming from.

Idk. I guess I feel really conflicted about this. I'll have to sit and think on it.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote: Son of a bitch, I knew I was forgetting about something this weekend!!! I will text you shortly :blush:
Alas, no. :disappoint: The weather in KY is shit. So many accidents today :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
bea wrote:

Birdman, What was your other reason? Also, drive safe tonight! Hopefully the roads are well-treated by then.

Russti, (responding to this because I didn't see your original post) You hit the nail right on the head with that description. That's exactly how I feel about the original Epig case. And what bothers me more is I don't feel like anything new is being brought up about him.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: Bird, scratch that. I saw your answer to bea. As she said, that's his wife, and he always defends her :)

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Will do! Same to you if you're still coming! I figure the roads should be much better by then.

True. Which is why I didn't trust him with it originally. But Hedge made some good points about it and it's making me take pause some. I'm hoping to try and approach it with new eyes tomorrow.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

Quickly popping in to vote for Lizzy, Kate, and FH. Lizzy = obvious reasons. Of the NK'ed players, 2 we know are bad (well, dangerous indies) and I don't remember Rey being around much at all. Given what had gone down earlier I'm not sure SVS will want to be rezzed. I find it curious that AP is on the rezz poll given that he was modkilled for breaking the rules rather than lynched or NKed like everyone else.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Don't forget, night actions still need to be in on time! So before 8:52PM EST tonight at the latest!

After spending time with some friends, I will make a judgment call as to whether we get a really-late-at-night night post or whether it will be tomorrow. But remember, this does not change any deadlines.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Mongoose wrote:
Defecate on a danish! THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE! We're doing it! But maybe we should wait until next time, so Devin can be there too....Speaking of which, bummer you're out for tonight, man. I'm looking forward to meeting the man behind the legend.
Mongoose wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:Does anyone out there doubt the revealed identities of any of the lynched players?
Well crap on a croissant. I thought about that earlier in the game but failed to apply it here. Honestly, we don't know who Kate, FH, or SVS are, so I think picking any 3 out of them is as safe as we are going to get.

linki - Egip - Indeed. And why she tried to erroneously help out OK Computer.
I don't currently have any reason to doubt any of those players' identities. I don't think it'll hurt to keep an eye on them once they're back, but they certainly won't be at the top of my list.

Bea, you said BF was fearmongering. I think BDH is, and I don't like being scared :omg:
Epignosis wrote:Hey BigDamnHero:

What would you say if I told you that I know your role?
This is why I think Epi and some of you other champions are sooooo good at mafia. I have only once in my entire mafia career figured out an individual player's role. It was Epi, actually, as the baddie leader, and then I got lynched for figuring it out, which was really frustrating. I do not at all understand people who can keep spreadsheets with possible roles and figure out who people are. So :huh: :eek: to you all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Russtifinko wrote:
Defecate on a danish! THE CINNAMON CHALLENGE! We're doing it! But maybe we should wait until next time, so Devin can be there too....Speaking of which, bummer you're out for tonight, man. I'm looking forward to meeting the man behind the legend.
I literally laughed aloud.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Alas, no. :disappoint: The weather in KY is shit. So many accidents today :(
I didn't see this before. Sorry to hear that man! I'll party extra hard for you not being there then.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Mongoose wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
I literally laughed aloud.
:biggrin:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

blindfaeth wrote:Bea, again, im talking about when he did this on day two when inh was still alive. Say hisname all you want for all i care now that hes dead. Youve misunderstood me.

Also, SVS posted 'thanks whoever killed me for putting me out of my misery' or something to that effect, i can pull the quote for you. So i dont understand why wed want to rezz someone whose identity is unknown and wasnt enjoying her time in the game, sry.

Also why did you mention 'yesterday you were baddie mcbadderson"? I never said i no longer suspected you, in fact, the more you twist my words the more i suspect you.
I owe you an appology. I'm very sorry I was insanely rude. :(
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

bea wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Bea, again, im talking about when he did this on day two when inh was still alive. Say hisname all you want for all i care now that hes dead. Youve misunderstood me.

Ooh, sparks.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

thellama73 wrote:
bea wrote:

Ooh, sparks.
I know you said you'd probably have more time this weekend to catch up. If you've been able to do so, is there anything you've learned? And what are your thoughts from it so far?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I know you said you'd probably have more time this weekend to catch up. If you've been able to do so, is there anything you've learned? And what are your thoughts from it so far?
I have not done a complete reread of the thread, and to be honest I probably will not do so. My strategy going forward is to do specific rereads of people I find suspicious, or who others find suspicious. That being said, for now I think might be seeing baddie Rob this game and I feel like BDH has not been adding much (pot. kettle. black. I know.) so I have my eye on him.

I intend to make a well researched, well-informed vote tomorrow, provided I survive the night.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

Dammit, RIP DP. Still unchampionlike behavior, but that role was one of my favorites. In terms of rezzes, Lizzy is the obvious choice in the first group. I have a good feeling about SVS, and although I'm not as sure about FH, at the very least that rezz puts whoever's playing the Piranha Plant a step back.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Everything I do is championlike behaviour because I am a champion.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Consarnit.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

silly dead porcupine
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

how often in life do you have the chance to converse with a dead porcupine? Never, maybe?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Everyone just left. Wow, so much laughter and awesome quality game time. Went way too quickly; I can't believe the time.

Post coming as soon as possible!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

NIGHT 4

Who deserves a 1-UP?? [VOTE 1 from first group; VOTE 2 from second group]

Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:52:12 pm

A Person
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
blindfaeth (38) 2%

Lizzy
Mongoose (2), Hedgeowl (7), bea (9), DharmaHelper (13), Epignosis (16), Spacedaisy (22), Nevinera (25), Russtifinko (28), BigDamnHero (30), Devin the Omniscient (32), birdwithteeth11 (35), blindfaeth (39), juliets (44), Vompatti (45), Bullzeye (51), Boomslang (53), AceofSpaces (56) 29%
-------------------------------------------------------------

Dom
No votes

Flyin' High
Hedgeowl (5), DharmaHelper (11), thellama73 (19), Nevinera (23), Russtifinko (27), Bullzeye (50), Boomslang (54) 12%

insertnamehere
DharmaHelper (12) 2%

Kate
Mongoose (3), bea (8), Epignosis (15), thellama73 (17), Spacedaisy (20), Devin the Omniscient (31), birdwithteeth11 (34), juliets (43), Vompatti (46), Bullzeye (49), AceofSpaces (57) 19%

reywaS
AceofSpaces (58) 2%

S~V~S
Mongoose (4), Hedgeowl (6), bea (10), Epignosis (14), thellama73 (18), Spacedaisy (21), Nevinera (24), Russtifinko (26), Devin the Omniscient (33), birdwithteeth11 (36), juliets (42), Vompatti (47), Boomslang (55) 22%

Your host, of course! (deadie, non-player, host ONLY)
MovingPictures07 (1), insertnamehere (29), kneel4justice (37), S~V~S (41), Flyin' High (48), Kate (52) 10%
Total votes : 58
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4: World 1-2

bea was growing tired of the same old scenery. She wandered away from the group, past the flagpole, and into the next level. "Ooooh, a pipe!" she observed. She entered it and found herself in the infamous underground World 1-2.

While underground, she stumbled her way through hardly any of the level before a creepy green pixellated creature jumped out from behind a block and tried attacking her. Thankfully, she backed up, found a ? block, and grabbed a fire flower. bea pelted fireballs at the creepy creature and the creature, realizing that the fireballs would kill it, fled the scene. bea was overcome with triumph. "Hooray!" she exclaimed.

Unfortunately for her, the creepy green creature wasn't the only one that wanted her dead. Suddenly, the music began to skip in an incredibly ominous way, and the level started seriously glitching. bea was scared out of her mind, as koopas and blocks alike became very deformed. She turned around and tried running back to get out of the level, but at the entrance she was met only with a dead end. She turned back around suddenly to find a giant album cover. WTF? she thought. Beggar's Banquet? It was her last thought before the album cover swallowed her whole.

Never did she think she was going to be killed by one of the things she loved most: Music. And that's precisely why this didn't happen. bea loved this album! No way could it ever kill her.

She broke free of the album's clutches, whistling "Sympathy for the Devil" on her way back to World 1-1.

Meanwhile, in World 1-1, the voice returned to greet the players. "Hello! How would you all like another round of papers from Jim Moriarty? Here you go!"

First paper: "birdwithteeth11 =
Lucy"

Second paper: "Nevinera =
Big Daddy (Bouncer)"

"Oh, one more thing too!" the voice added. "Another message from Jack Torrence! Apparently this dude only likes giving you his thoughts on even numbered nights!"

The last piece of paper detailed Mr. Torrence's thoughts: "Mushrooming is considered a healthy hobby as one gets out into nature. Eating mushrooms adds flavor and richness to our food. But to enjoy the meal, you must remember to never eat a mushroom unless you are 100% certain of the identification."

bea survived a kill attempt by Creeper.
bea survived a kill attempt by Beggar's Banquet.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4: Many Happy Returns

OPENING CREDITS.

At 221B Baker Street, violin playing can be heard, playing a gentle waltz. Mrs Hudson comes out of 221A carrying a tray of tea things. She stops, smiling with delight at the sound of the music, then goes up the stairs. The living room door is closed and she stops outside for a moment, then opens the door. Inside, Sherlock isn’t playing his violin as she believed. Instead, wearing a camel coloured dressing gown over his clothes, he is waltzing around the room on his own, holding an imaginary partner as he dances in time to the music. He glances over his shoulder as his landlady walks in.
SHERLOCK: Shut up, Mrs Hudson.
MRS HUDSON: I haven’t said a word.
SHERLOCK (sighing as he continues to waltz): You’re formulating a question. It’s physically painful watching you thinking.
(He stops dancing.)
MRS HUDSON: I thought it was you playing.
SHERLOCK: It was me playing.
(He picks up a remote control, switches off the music player and bends down to make a notation on the sheet music lying on the table.)
SHERLOCK: I am composing.
MRS HUDSON (putting her tray onto the table beside John’s chair): You were dancing.
SHERLOCK: I was road-testing.
MRS HUDSON: You what?
SHERLOCK (throwing down his pen and turning to her): Why are you here?
MRS HUDSON: I’m bringing you your morning tea. (She pours some milk into the teacup.) You’re not usually awake.
SHERLOCK (sitting down in his chair): You bring me tea in the morning?
MRS HUDSON (pouring the tea): Well, where d’you think it came from?!
SHERLOCK: I don’t know. I just thought it sort of happened.
MRS HUDSON: Your mother has a lot to answer for.
(She takes the cup and saucer over to him.)
SHERLOCK: Mm, I know. I have a list. Mycroft has a file.
(Giggling, Mrs H sits down in John’s chair.)
MRS HUDSON (excitedly): So – it’s the big day, then!
SHERLOCK (taking a sip of tea): What big day?
MRS HUDSON: The wedding! John and Mary getting married!
SHERLOCK: Two people who currently live together are about to attend church, have a party, go on a short holiday and then carry on living together. What’s big about that?
MRS HUDSON: It changes people, marriage.
SHERLOCK: Mmm, no it doesn’t.
MRS HUDSON: Well, you wouldn’t understand ’cause you always live alone.
(Sherlock is lifting his teacup to his mouth but stops momentarily.)
SHERLOCK: Your husband was executed for double murder. You’re hardly an advert for companionship. (He drinks.)
MRS HUDSON: Marriage changes you as a person, in ways that you can’t imagine.
SHERLOCK: As does lethal injection. (He smiles pointedly at her.)
MRS HUDSON: My best friend, Margaret – she was my chief bridesmaid.
(Putting his cup down on the table beside him, Sherlock rolls his eyes.)
MRS HUDSON: We were going to be best friends forever, we always said that; but I hardly saw her after that.
SHERLOCK (standing up): Aren’t there usually biscuits?
MRS HUDSON: I’ve run out.
SHERLOCK: Have the shops?
(He pointedly walks towards the door.)
MRS HUDSON: She cried the whole day, saying, “Ooh, it’s the end of an era.”
SHERLOCK (gesturing towards the stairs): I’m sure the shop on the corner is open.
MRS HUDSON: She was probably right, really.
(Sherlock closes his eyes and grimaces.)
MRS HUDSON: I remember she left early. I mean, who leaves a wedding early? (She shakes her head.) So sad.
SHERLOCK: Mmm. Anyway, you’ve got things to do.
MRS HUDSON: No, not really. I’ve got plenty of time to ...
SHERLOCK (sternly): Biscuits.
(She gets out of her chair, tutting.)
MRS HUDSON (walking towards the door): I really am going to have a word with your mother.
SHERLOCK: You can if you like. She understands very little.
(He closes the door on her, then turns around sighing. He looks towards John’s chair for a few moments, then walks through the kitchen and down the hallway.)
SHERLOCK (taking off his dressing gown): Right, then.
(He walks through his bedroom to his wardrobe, where a morning suit is hanging from the open door. He looks at it.)
SHERLOCK: Into battle.

Zodac observed the crowd of champions. They were deciding on whom to most resurrect.

"I must always keep in mind the balance of the universe", he mused.

Flyin' High, Lizzy, and S~V~S have been resurrected by Zodac.

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to discover and punish the killer.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 5] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 5 Event: Solve the Secrets

Sherlock addressed the champions.

"As your first test, here is a code for you to crack. The police don't consult amateurs, and since I am convinced you are indeed such, prove me wrong. You have 48 hours."

~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~. ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~.~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~.~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~, ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~. ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~.~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~. ~~ ~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~. ~~~~~~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~.~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~. ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~. ~~~~~~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~.~~~~ ~~. ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~' ~~~~~~~. ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~' ~~~~~~~'~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~.~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~. ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~. ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~'~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~. ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ (~~~~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~~~~~~). ~~~~~~~~~~~~, ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~. ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~.~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~'~ ~~~~. ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~. ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~. ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~! ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~ ~ ~~ ~~~~~; ~-~ ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~, ~-~~ ~ ~~~~ ~~~~~; ~~-~~ ~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ (~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~); ~~-~~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~, ~~-~~ ~ ~~~-~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~; ~~-~~ ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~; ~~~ ~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~. ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~, ~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~ ~~~~~ ~~~~. ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ ~~~~~. ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~, ~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~~, ~~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~, ~~~ ~~~~~~~'~ ~~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~ ~~~~~~. ~~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~ "~~~~~" ~~~~, ~~ ~~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~. ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~~ ~~ ~~~ (~~~~~~ ~~~~, ~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~).

It is still Day 5.

You have 48 hours to crack the code Sherlock has given to you.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”