Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [NIGHT 6] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
It is also nice not to be both insanified and poetry cursed anymore. I was a popular llama last night.
Wow, I thought you were just doing the poetry for fun! That sounds so frustrating that I can't even laugh about it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

So I guess there's no night poll tonight. We're just searching levels for Da' Fetus. I would recommend not posting the levels you're searching. In Meatboy, INH would hide Bandage Girl and then post that he was searching that very level so no one else would search there. It worked for awhile ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:So I guess there's no night poll tonight. We're just searching levels for Da' Fetus. I would recommend not posting the levels you're searching. In Meatboy, INH would hide Bandage Girl and then post that he was searching that very level so no one else would search there. It worked for awhile ;)
Yeah, and the once I told him in-thread he couldn't search that level because I already was, haha. Oh the beauty.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:So I guess there's no night poll tonight. We're just searching levels for Da' Fetus. I would recommend not posting the levels you're searching.
Like, fifty times I said that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:So I guess there's no night poll tonight. We're just searching levels for Da' Fetus. I would recommend not posting the levels you're searching. In Meatboy, INH would hide Bandage Girl and then post that he was searching that very level so no one else would search there. It worked for awhile ;)
Yeah, and the once I told him in-thread he couldn't search that level because I already was, haha. Oh the beauty.
Good times :)

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:So I guess there's no night poll tonight. We're just searching levels for Da' Fetus. I would recommend not posting the levels you're searching.
Like, fifty times I said that.
That's a good idea, Dev. I stupidly posted the levels in Meat Boy I was searching when I was a civ before joining the Dark Side.

But Llama, maybe you'd like to weigh in on the same?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote: But Llama, maybe you'd like to weigh in on the same?
Weigh in on what now? I completely agree about not posting levels, as I said many times in Super Meat Boy.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote::haha: You guys are joking, right? Please tell me you have never played a game where lynch saves are involved and you're completely clueless as to how they work. Because otherwise, there's this:

Naturally, I am not surprised at how DH jumped on the idea and this makes me feel even better about my suspicion of him. Now how do I find an easy way to make myself look good and 'champion like'? Ooooh, I know! I'll blame it on those three. I haven't addressed your 'champion' reasoning yet, so here we go: there is no standard 'champ behaviour'. These people are here for a reason - they've won at least a game and they are champions, meaning all the styles employed here are those of champs. The fact that DP doesn't post as much as you do or that Vomps is being cryptic on purpose, doesn't mean they're not playing like champs. If this is not your own personal view of how one should play, that is your problem. Heck! The Sock's walls of text in the games he plays would drive me insane if I were to use your reasoning. Therefore I simply ignore the wall of text or read a fragment if I see my name mentioned. (don't modkill me k) If I vote for someone it's because they seem suspicious to me, not because their manner of playing annoys me and it does not coincide with my personal view of how one should behave so long as they have good manners and are not being jerks on purpose. And when will I 'ever' justify my votes for you? It's not like we haven't had that discussion with Llama last time. So yeah, never! I will never justify any of my votes for you. ;) Of course, this whole thing is futile because you already know all the above very well, you just need a nice little (or not) cover. ^__^

As far as FH is concerned, I do find her agreeing with Goosey surprising, and if Zodac hadn't chosen her over someone we've agreed is bad, I would give her a second look.

And Goosey, well, you know what happened last time you tried a build a crappy case against me. :p Yes, this is not building a (crappy) case against me, it's pointing fingers in the wrong direction on purpose. You of all people should know why your assumption is far from being right. Both Occam's Razor AND common sense say that Vomps survived because of his role. How on earth was I supposed to know that people would pile up on him after I left and then wake up in the middle of the night to send Alex the PM that would save Vomps? :haha: Very amusing. You are now a suspect! :hugs:
You suspect me because I suspect Vomps because he's flying under the radar and not actively participating. That is weak and I'm sure you know that. But you don't care, which is fine. Our ideologies of champions are a little different. I tend to think that floating through a game not participating or adding anything of value to a discussion and winning simply because the civs say "Oh thats just Vomps we have better suspects" and the mafia say "What is vomps gonna do suddenly start playing the goddamn game lol wat." and both factions leave you alone to the end *does not* make you a Champion.

It's my problem, but you keep tossing votes on me just for that reason. So you'll pardon me if I'm a little persistent in trying to prove my point.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Also, I've already sent in my choice. But I have a question for MP before anyone else chooses a level.

MP, did Dr. Fetus choose where to hide or was it randomized?

I will probably get "Good Question" :feb:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Be back laters!

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Weigh in on what now? I completely agree about not posting levels, as I said many times in Super Meat Boy.
I was just trying to get your goat since you explicitly said your views in RE: same.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: Lizzy I'm not blaming anything on you three. I've actually said that I can't fault Llama for trying even though he's wrong. He's trying. You and Vomp on the other hand just aren't. You because you're an outted civvie (I don't think the Manipulators would have targeted you if you were on their team, so you can't be Martell IMO) And Vomp because "That's just how Vomp plays lol k tuer"

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I was just trying to get your goat since you explicitly said your views in RE: same.
Yeah, and way to not pick up on YET ANOTHER Frisky Dingo quote!

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Goosey - I did not say you were building a case against me. I mentioned that specifically. I also did not say that you were pointing fingers at me. I said you were pointing fingers in the wrong direction. Which is true. I also do not see why that option would be the first thing that pops into your heads. As far as I can remember, I did not defend Vomps once in this game. And there's also this in case people have missed it:
Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Voted for gleam because I don't think he'd mind being lynched if you know what I mean.

Also, if you read back and consider all the facts that have been presented, you will find that I'm probably a civvie.
You have a role that implies your being responsible and that's why you're keeping a very low profile k :mafia:
... which can mean a few things, including the fact that he has BTSC on either side, but I am not yet sure.
Also, I am not 'overly defensive'. Actually I am not defensive at all, there's no reason for me to be now that I'm out in the open and can be NK'd any day. I was merely pointing out a few things and now I'm pointing a few others, including what looks like a nice straw man. You're a suspect. :hugs:

FH - You didn't upset me. I rarely get upset k :hugs: I just found it interesting how the three of you agreed on that particular option without even taking into consideration something else.

DH - You are twisting my words worse than Goosey. :sigh: I do not suspect you because you suspect Vomps. I suspect you for reasons previously stated. You can vote for me if you want. However, if I think your arguments for voting me are ridiculous and you're picking on an easy target, I'll be looking at you. And that's another reason for which I voted for you yesterday. You saw the quotes. You can put two and two together. As for Vomps, again I have not defended him in this game and I never denied that he flies under the radar. Yes, that is his style and he usually votes for whomever I do. I'm not making him do that btw. And I have been watching him closely this game, because there's something interesting out there, but like I said, I'm not sure what atm.
DharmaHelper wrote: This suggests that Lizzy doesn't care about the validity of the possibility that Vompatti is a mafia and instead only cares that it's Vompatti and saved him because they are besties.

So yes, I think that may be accurate.
... and of course, everything here is a load of tosh. You have decided that I used my lynch-save on Vomps without even considering any other possibility, and there are quite a few. And again, you assume things I never said OR implied for that matter. If I'm alive, I'll be voting for you again k. :hugs:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:Goosey - I did not say you were building a case against me. I mentioned that specifically. I also did not say that you were pointing fingers at me. I said you were pointing fingers in the wrong direction. Which is true. I also do not see why that option would be the first thing that pops into your heads. As far as I can remember, I did not defend Vomps once in this game. And there's also this in case people have missed it:
Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:Voted for gleam because I don't think he'd mind being lynched if you know what I mean.

Also, if you read back and consider all the facts that have been presented, you will find that I'm probably a civvie.
You have a role that implies your being responsible and that's why you're keeping a very low profile k :mafia:
... which can mean a few things, including the fact that he has BTSC on either side, but I am not yet sure.
Also, I am not 'overly defensive'. Actually I am not defensive at all, there's no reason for me to be now that I'm out in the open and can be NK'd any day. I was merely pointing out a few things and now I'm pointing a few others, including what looks like a nice straw man. You're a suspect. :hugs:

FH - You didn't upset me. I rarely get upset k :hugs: I just found it interesting how the three of you agreed on that particular option without even taking into consideration something else.

DH - You are twisting my words worse than Goosey. :sigh: I do not suspect you because you suspect Vomps. I suspect you for reasons previously stated. You can vote for me if you want. However, if I think your arguments for voting me are ridiculous and you're picking on an easy target, I'll be looking at you. And that's another reason for which I voted for you yesterday. You saw the quotes. You can put two and two together. As for Vomps, again I have not defended him in this game and I never denied that he flies under the radar. Yes, that is his style and he usually votes for whomever I do. I'm not making him do that btw. And I have been watching him closely this game, because there's something interesting out there, but like I said, I'm not sure what atm.
DharmaHelper wrote: This suggests that Lizzy doesn't care about the validity of the possibility that Vompatti is a mafia and instead only cares that it's Vompatti and saved him because they are besties.

So yes, I think that may be accurate.
... and of course, everything here is a load of tosh. You have decided that I used my lynch-save on Vomps without even considering any other possibility, and there are quite a few. And again, you assume things I never said OR implied for that matter. If I'm alive, I'll be voting for you again k. :hugs:
The "reasons previously stated" Are that you take issue with my stance on champion play. Which I've mostly directed at Vomps. So how is that twisting to say you suspect me for calling out Vomps as not playing as a champion should play? As for the possibility of me voting for you, that's not going to happen. I voted for you once, day 1, before you were shown to be Mycroft Holmes and after you had willingly given your vote to someone else to use. So, uhm, yeah.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: [DAY 6] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lizzy wrote:Well, my head needs some rest and I guess I'll vote now.
Lizzy's offering up her vote as I said is pretty darn pingy. Apart from her I'd have to comb through the pages of people talking about this whole as rey put it "Person of Interest" scenario and fuck that man I really am tired of hearing about it :P
In a game of champions, everyone playing should be playing like a champion. So if you're not playing like a champion, you should be lynched. I will likely vote for Lizzy given this logic.
hehe ^__^

linki - OMG DEVIN <3

How are these two quotes you pulled (from D1) relevant to the last 4-5 days of discussion?

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Lizzy, this kind of reminds me of our game in Shawshank. I suspected and voted for you Day One, and you spent the rest of the game thinking I was bad, and we kind of derailed the civs. You were so convinced that the person I suspected, John, HAD to be a civ cause I suspected them, and I was sure YOU had to be a baddie becasue you kept defending John. And all becasue I wrongly suspected you early on.

Initial impressions can be wrong~ DHs was, and yours may be. Not to say that you are not right, I have no way of knowing~ but I would like to see something more recent than a vote for a confirmed civ early in the game.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, please remember this night only lasts 22 hours, not 24!! You have only 3 1/2 hours left: until 9:00PM EST tonight. And do NOT forget your Fetus search PM. You do not want to forget it.

I had to work today and I have plans this evening, but I will almost certainly be back before 9:00 and will get rolling on the posts and everything ASAP to try to keep the next deadline closer to the 9:00 -- but these night actions take a while, so no promises.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. The past few days have been absolutely mental, with my interview yesterday and 2 flights, then 3 hours of sleep and 2 exams. Sooo I'm gonna ignore mafia until tomorrow, and then I'll catch back up. Sorry for the absence; I know it's not in the spirit of a champion, but from here on out I'm hoping my participation will be back to normal.

Just quickly, though-it looks like a lot happened while I was gone. I read MP's post the same way Nev did: that it was a tie, and therefore Thomas likely voted Epi.

And I think we should post levels! I won't right now in case it messes with the group strategy, but I was a baddie in Meat Boy, and one of our biggest fears was that people would announce their votes and use it to find us if they didn't trust us.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 6: WHY COTTON ALLEY??? WHY???

The pixellated players split up and searched levels, trying to find the elusive Dr. Fetus. Unfortunately, when the levels were completed and the night was over, no one had any good news.

Even worse, some of them didn't come back alive.

Russtifinko was desperately avoiding saws, trying to find the fetus man. Obviously distracted by getting through the level alive, he would have never expected instead that he would be murdered. Seemingly out of nowhere, a crazed man popped out from behind a rock and stood before Russtifinko. "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy...." spoke the man, before chopping up Russtifinko into pieces.

In another level, a man could be heard screaming in pain. He was burning to death. It was Epignosis.

birdwithteeth11 hopped along the blocks, determined to find Dr. Fetus. He saw a creepy green creature walk up to him and he froze. A creeper. He turned around and started running. Thankfully for him, the creeper couldn't keep up, and he lost it. "Phew," sighed birdwithteeth11. Suddenly, a giant green train entered the level. It turned and faced him. A cannon emerged from the train's face. birdwithteeth11's eyes opened wide; he was stunned. Game glitch? He thought. There was no way this was supposed to happen. The cannon shot a massive cannonball directly at birdwithteeth11. He closed his eyes shut and hoped for the best, realizing the futility of running. Then, an explosion, and nothing. birdwithteeth11 opened his eyes, slowly. Was he still alive? There was no way. But he was still in the level. He looked all around him. The level was torn to bits, yet he stood on a single block that had not been destroyed. Stunning! How could he have lived through that? He was elated. Making his way to the end of the level, he had a new perspective on life.

Unfortunately for agleaminranks, he didn't make it alive out of his level. As he was busy avoiding saws, a missile hit him square in the face, and he was exploded to bits.

The champions gathered once more. Papers rained from the sky. "Moriarty..." Lizzy whispered. "I will find you." she added, with determination.

First paper: "Elohcin =
Lucy"

Second paper: "S~V~S =
Beggar's Banquet"

Dr. Fetus was not found!
Russtifinko has been killed by Jack Torrence.
Epignosis has been incinerated!
birdwithteeth11 survived kill attempts by both Creeper and Percy.
agleaminranks was killed in Cotton Alley!

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 6: Don't Forget the Duct Tape

White light. The video game world faded out. Another faded in.

S~V~S found herself trapped on a sinking boat. "What the...?" she thought. She reached into her coat pocket, grabbed a piece of gum, and did what any sensible MacGyver fan would do. The hole was plugged and the boat stopped sinking. Then white light again.

As the light faded away, she was standing once again with her fellow champions. The voice addressed the champions, "Well, are you ready to save the world?" he chuckled.

The champions responded with a resounding "Yes!!!!"

"Don't forget the duct tape," the voice responded. It threw rolls of duct tape at all of them.

It is now Day 7. You have 48 hours to save the world.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 7 Event: Create Your Own Adventure!

"Oh, and in addition to some duct tape, take this too." It threw pads of paper and pens at all of the champions. They looked confused.

"Use it however you wish. That said, if you write a story, a very compelling, creative MacGyver-esque story, starring yourself as the lead character and perhaps some of your fellow champions in whatever roles you see fit, you may find yourself walking out of this place with a prize!"

"This is not a trick prize either! It's actually pretty neat!"

The champions were intrigued. Pens started clicking and hands started writing. For good reason.

It is still Day 7.

If you want a prize, PM your host with your story by the end of the day period.

Dead and living players can participate in this contest!!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

Toodles!
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yay for chewing gum :D And that duct tape should come in handy~

I see two moriarity results are back. Bye Epi, hope you were bad. I know I thought you were :)
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ALSO~ I was waffles on Russti. And did not see the bad many others did in Gleam. But I missed several days, and rereading is not the same sometimes.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

RIPIYWG Russ, Epignosis, Gleam. A shame that Percy didn't get the 'Don't accept kills from Delbert' memo. On a completely serious note, despite this broo-hah-hah, llama really is one of the more interesting, intelligent, and skilled mafia players I've encountered. He's an asset to this community and quite a challenging player to experience. I wholeheartedly enjoy every encounter with him and couldn't be happier that he's taken up the challenge that is confronting me in the game. His insights thus far, for the most part, have been interesting to consider and if I take my blinders off for a minute and tone down my instinctual defense mechanism, I can actually see that he makes some good points. His points about me excluded, that is. Just because he's built an incorrect case against me does not mean I can't appreciate that he's gone through the effort of building a case. It's like the leaning tower of Pisa of cases. Or one of those greek statue things with the dick chipped off.

It seems Epignosis wasn't killed by anyone in particular but rather fell victim to his own choice of level? Pfff. Sorry to see such a good asset wasted, but poetic that he took himself out. Lizzy is genuinely one of the funner people I know in regards to mafia, and I really do enjoy her wit and humor k. She has a good deal of potential as a player and I think she deserves 100% to be here as a champion. Again I feel as though we have some disagreements, but stepping back, I can appreciate her point of view. Its refreshing for me as a player to get to have such a contrast and a unique perspective.

Not sure what to make of the Moriarty reveals. :shrug: Anything else I missed? I feel like I ought to look at the Kate voters again. Despite SVS's insistance I think that is one of our most solid leads in terms of baddie hunting.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh man, that was a blood bath. :(

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What's with all that sarcastic orange, DH? Feeling snippy today, are we?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DH Said: Not sure what to make of the Moriarty reveals. :shrug: Anything else I missed? I feel like I ought to look at the Kate voters again. Despite SVS's insistance I think that is one of our most solid leads in terms of baddie hunting.
Oh, I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't want to get blindered by it, make it a baddie litmus test. Like, "I think so & so acts bad, but he isn't a Kate voter, so BOTD there", or Thisguy is really helpful and has a good voting record, except that vote to rezz Kate...Voting Thisguy". One brick of many in the wall, awesome. The only brick in the wall, not so much.

You know how it goes.

And, yeah, definitely some sockian death methods here.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:What's with all that sarcastic orange, DH? Feeling snippy today, are we?
Devins poems were in orange, too.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

RIPIYWG Russ, Epi, and agleam. Bloody night indeed! :eek:
ImageImage

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What are people's thoughts on Bea's behavior yesterday? Typically, when people seem so desperate to be lynched, I am n favor of granting their wish.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:What's with all that sarcastic orange, DH? Feeling snippy today, are we?
Devins poems were in orange, too.
Yeah, I suspect it's some night curse mechanic I haven't seen yet. But I can't tell whether they are actually meant to be sarcastic or not.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Maybe Devin can clear that up, since you said YOU were under the poetry curse too, right? Maybe he can explain his orange.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Maybe Devin can clear that up, since you said YOU were under the poetry curse too, right? Maybe he can explain his orange.
I was, but I was told nothing about orange.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Is that so? Well, maybe Devin can clear that one up. I don't see him posting sarcastic poetry for shits and giggles, you know?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Eventful and bloody night. RIPIYWG Epignosis, Russti, and Agleam. Three of you at once is a lot. I was undecided on Epi but had a good feeling about Russti, and no feeling at all about agleam except to wonder why he wasn't playing.

llama, I will start thinking through the bea thing tomorrow but I don't like that she was begging to be lynched (sorry bea sweety). I want to give it some more thought though, no surprise.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh man, I really wish I hadn't checked in :(

That was more gothic dysfunction and violence than a Tennessee Williams play.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
DH Said: Not sure what to make of the Moriarty reveals. :shrug: Anything else I missed? I feel like I ought to look at the Kate voters again. Despite SVS's insistance I think that is one of our most solid leads in terms of baddie hunting.
Oh, I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't want to get blindered by it, make it a baddie litmus test. Like, "I think so & so acts bad, but he isn't a Kate voter, so BOTD there", or Thisguy is really helpful and has a good voting record, except that vote to rezz Kate...Voting Thisguy". One brick of many in the wall, awesome. The only brick in the wall, not so much.

You know how it goes.

And, yeah, definitely some sockian death methods here.
This makes sense, but my thinking is that given our lynches have thusfar yielded nothing, it would be a good jumping off point for a number of reasons. Firstly, we can suspect with very little room for reasonable doubt that Kate was Big Daddy. We can also suspect with very little room for reasonable doubt that no one on that team would have been able to predict that the role secrets would be revealed. We can then reasonably suspect that someone in that group was trying to get Big Daddy back. Secondly, it tightens our search window. Instead of looking at everyone all at once, we have a neat list of suspects we can reasonably work through. By the way, did I mention that you are an incredible person, both inside and outside mafia. You are an absolute joy in everything. DnD, mafia, Fiasco, Whatever. You are always on point and have very intellegent ideas and I admire your bold personality.

Lets take for example, Vompatti. As I'm writing this post, I'm going to look back at Vompatti's posts and do as much analysis on it as I can (which won't be much given the source, but hey) Ok having read through his posts, most of which are whacky and off-topic, it seems to me like the thing that stands out the most is as FH said, the similarities between his and AP's flagrant couple of posts (claiming badiness, editing posts, etc) Additionally:

D1 Vote - Dom
D2 Vote - BWT
D3 Vote - Vompatti
D4 Vote - DP
D5 Vote - DH
D6 Vote - DH

Apart from his DP vote on D4, Vomps seems to steer clear of the popular vote. This may be because he follows Lizzy, but it may also be in order to avoid detection/blame. Dunno. Again, not a lot to examine content-wise from his posts other than there is no content and he does not seem interested in looking for baddies (given his vote reasons). Seems way to blendy/under the radar/buddy-buddy up to Lizzy the confirmed civ to me. That said, he's one funny motherfucker. If this was any other game I wouldn't be as hard as I am on his style of play, as I do find it amusing and a nice break from srsbsns mafia.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Holy crap, that was a lot of death.

Jack is clearly out now..
Epig was incinerated? Who can do that? The only thing I could think of is a plasmid?

I hate to say it with so many dead folks lying around, but that was a *good* night.

I did some investigation on a new angle that I'm surprised none of us thought of before - Rumplestiltskin.
Kind of a lot of work, but my logic is: APerson was on his team, and didn't post a ton. Probably he *did* however, post the special word during day 2.
So I went through all of his posts on day 2, did the appropriate search and saw who else used each of those words.

here were the searches that turned up a reasonable number of hits:

'specific': bea, Epig, Dom, Aperson, Juliets
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly

'pretend': boomslang, aperson, bea

That first list particularly intrigued me. So I followed Bea for a few days doing the same analysis on *her* posts.

On day 3, we get this list for 'supper':
russ, epig, bea - http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... sf=msgonly

Interesting especially because of how bea worked the word in: " You're really supper good at puzzles aren't you?"
When I saw that Epignosis had used the same word I was pretty excited - Juliets didn't hit that word though, so I can't call it a slam dunk against the three of them. (Russ used the word in direct response to Epig using it, so I don't expect that means anything.

On day 5 (bea was insanified day 4), we got 'accidentally' used by juliets and bea (but not epig)

On day 6, 'love' got used by bea, juliets, epig, and me

My guess is that they intentionally were not *all* using the word every time, because that would make this type of analysis too easy,
but I think these results are *very* strong.

Epignosis just died without a reveal (though I still think I was right about him), and I think it is very *very* likely that bea is Martell -
this is *not* the first time this game she's suggested that someone lynch her and see how wrong they are.
Juliets.. I had no reason to doubt, but now I really think she is almost certainly on that team.
That also tracks with Epig's chatter about the impossibility of using an exaggerator fake kill to take suspicion *off* of somebody (though I agreed with his logic).

linki lots, but nothing overtly relevant.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I'd like to add that I paid specific attention to words that seems a little bit forced, like someone was trying to work them into a sentence instead of just letting them flow out. That's why 'supper' got my attention, but the others also felt a bit unsmooth in places, like

"Now that you mention that specific incident, I do remember that. :D"
"Hedge is there a specific reason you picked el Wombat over L or A?"
"that's strangely specific" (in reply to 'you may embed only 5 quotes within each other' - it didn't really make sense as a response).
"In what specific way was I trying to dissuade you from lynching The Unmentionable One?"

Notice how it seems sort of grafted on?
Contrast to the only apparently natural use of the word that day, by Dom:
"I have no specific read on Epig yet", which seems to flow properly, like that word belongs there.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Wow, lots of death. Sorry to have been so absent, but will try to catch up and keep up better this vote now that the sickness is past.

I am still several pages behind, but interesting thoughts around Bea. Not sure wth happened there, but I am exceedingly wary of people who want you to lynch them.

I find myself agreeing with some of the analysis by DH and Nev. Kate voters seems like a good place to reexamine, and interesting stuff on Rumps and words Nev.

Will keep trying to catch up and post more thoughts tomorrow evening.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:*snipped for space*.
Goddamn son, you got a brain on you. I admire your analytical mind and your ability to collect information and produce results with that information. Well done good sir, and thank you for a stupendously champion-like effort. This is probably my favorite post of the whole game so far. From that information, I would have to agree that the most interesting bit is the "supper" bit. Juliets using the word incorrectly but *just* subtly enough makes my eyebrow crick. Certainly something I will look at with interest down the line.

I have decided to begin my full investigation into the Kate issue by taking a look at the players she mentioned/interacted with while alive. I am writing this post and compiling the information at the same time so I may ramble/get linkied but I will do my best to make things make sense. I have also decided to skip over irrelevant players like INH whom I believe was media so no point in analyzing Media's interaction with Big Daddy

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 124#p49124 - Juliets, Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 817#p49817 - Nev, casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 882#p49882 - Mongoose, Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 150#p50150 - Daisy, Agreeable

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 292#p50292 - FH, Agreeable

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 508#p50508 Bullz (Now Timmer), Agreeable

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 557#p50557 Hedge, Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 109#p51109 juliets, disagreeable

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 125#p51125 - Bullz (Now Timmer) - Semi-Agreeable

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 401#p51401 - bea, Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 403#p51403 Bullz Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 405#p51405 Bea Casual

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 466#p52466 Juliets, Agreeable

And then she dies. So next I am going to look at the reactions to that death from people that voted for Kate to be rezzed. Since FH was the first person I found on my read back, that's where I'll start. She is very considerate, funny, and often a great player to have in a game, or host, or whatever. FH is quite lovely and someone I consider a good friend for a number of reasons.

For now here is what I can take away from Kates posts by comparing them to those who voted for Kate to be rezzed (note, I will be trimming this list as I type it up and as my thoughts come to me. My goal is to trim things down to the most relevant suspects.:

Mongoose (3), - Mentioned once, casually. could be in-thread team joking around? Could be just pals being pals. Will have to expound on this further when I get to Goose in my read upz
bea (8), - Not mentioned directly at all as far as I can tell. Team distancing? Will have to expand further on this in my read ups. *Note* Kate did not vote for bea to receive the shield, however llama, goose, fh, and jc did, and they're all Kate voters in the rezz poll.
thellama73 (17), - not mentioned directly at all. did vote for bea in the shield poll and kate in the rezz poll. will expand.
Spacedaisy (20), - mentioned once, in an agreeable manner. Missed the shield vote. Will expand.
birdwithteeth11 (34), nada. bea on the shield poll. will expand.
juliets (43), - Mentioned a couple times. Mixed. voted bea in the shield poll and kate in the rezz poll. Possibly on opposite baddie team given Nev's analysis.
Vompatti (46), not mentioned at all as far as I could find. Lizzy in the shield poll, kate in the rezz poll.
Bullzeye (49), Mentioned a few times, mostly agreeable/casual, voted himself in the shield poll.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Nev that analysis is very interesting and certainly fits with the idea that Bea is Martell and could help explain my question as to why the exaggerator chose to write in a "death" of juliets out of all of the living players. It wasn't that weird of a thing, but it did make me wonder, why her?

One thing I was thinking about, after the non-lynch of Vomps and the theory that it was a tie, I was very much expecting to see a role revealed in the night post. We didn't get one meaning there must not have been a tie after all.

*Linki* I will read your post, DH, in the morning. I'm sleepy now. :offtobed:
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Let's start with FH's voting history ( I will highlight votes of other persons of interests in regards to the kate theory)

*Edit*

As I researched FH, I realized I'm a bit of a fucking moron. She was killed by Piranha Plant and didn't vote in the rezz poll, so I doubt she's Kate's teammate. HOWEVER! I did manage to find some very interesting vote records which I will explain after you see all the votes:
Day 1

insertnamehere
Nevinera (5), Flyin' High (6), Dom (7), Mongoose (8), Elohcin (9), juliets (10), Bullzeye (12), Kate (16), S~V~S (18), Spacedaisy (22) 37%

Day 2
insertnamehere
Mongoose (2), Kate (4), DharmaHelper (5), Flyin' High (6), Bullzeye (7), thellama73 (8), birdwithteeth11 (9), blindfaeth (12), Spacedaisy (14),
Nevinera (15), Elohcin (16), AceofSpaces (18), juliets (19), reywaS (22), DisgruntledPorcupine (24), bea (25), DFaraday (28), Dom (29) 60%

Day 3:

Fuck that son, only bitches voted on Day 3

Night 3 (inactivity night)
Flyin' High (26 posts, missed D3 vote)
Flyin' High (18) 4%

Day 4 *
bea
Flyin' High (17) 4%

Day 5
thellama73
DharmaHelper (8), Nevinera (10), Devin the Omniscient (11), Flyin' High (12), Mongoose (13), juliets (16), Elohcin (19), Bullzeye (21), Epignosis
(22), DFaraday (24) 37%

Night Five (Inactivity Night)
AceofSpaces (23 posts, missed no votes)
Lizzy (7), Devin the Omniscient (8), Nevinera (16), juliets (17), Mongoose (18), bea (19), birdwithteeth11 (21), Flyin' High (22), Russtifinko (23) 39%

Day 6
Vompatti
Boomslang (12), DFaraday (14), Flyin' High (16), DharmaHelper (17), Elohcin (18), juliets (21), Epignosis (24) 29%

OK so from this analysis the most interesting thing I can see is the group of players that seem to be voting together frequently. Juliets, Bullz, Daisy, Etc. Very interesting IMO. I will look at juliets next. She is someone I think is very smart and a lovely person. She keeps IRC entertaining and is always funny to interact with there or in a mafia game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 848#p49848 - This post here pings me a bit. Goose comes to JC's rescue and JC uses that to help explain her inquiry into FH's analysis. Goose btw, is an awesome person and player and every time I've interacted with her it has been a pleasant experience. She has a lovely manner about her and I admire her skill as a player.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 124#p51124 - This post here actually makes me think JC might not be on AP's team. Prior to him being Modkilled she expresses a desire to vote for him. This of course could be a ploy, and it could be JC being irritated at her teammate and trying to nudge him back in line, but IDK. Something to consider, guys.

And then this confuses me:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 418#p51418 - here JC advocates steering away from focusing on Media. Up to this point, (maybe I'm wrong) but the majority of her focus was on Media/Zodac related discussion and not on actual baddie finding.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 470#p51470 - Here she agrees with Nevin's Notion to lynch INH again. Complete 180.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 486#p51486 - her vote for INH
Now the only reason I can think of JC saying she'd like to steer off Indie/Media talk and then flipping 180 would be to make it look like she was actual-mafia hunting then sneak up in there with the easy target vote. Dunno. Again, something to consider guys.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 789#p51789 - See's beas game as civvie
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 806#p51806 - votes to give bea the shield
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 934#p52934 JC's response to Kate's death. Seems to think she was a civ. Hmmm.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 944#p52944 JC investigates Kates killing. Vested interest?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 049#p53049 - brings up the bwt susp. but says its not enough to vote on (note bwt also voted to rezz Kate.) Bwt by the way is a pretty neat dude. Very cool to talk to and so on. He's got a great style of play that I always enjoy. My experience of playing with him tells me he's a dangerous baddie and an invaluable civvie.

Thats all I've got for now, as it is mondo late and I am mondo tired. From this analysis however I am not really comfortable with JC's civvieness. She has certainly moved up in my suspicion list, and I am interested in others thoughts about here. The most interesting thing I can see is that she seems to be very focused/understanding of some of the indie roles and then very distracted/confused regarding the mafia roles.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

Intéressant. Not sure what to make of Gleam, but I never trust Epi and Russti. RIP though.

DH - :haha: I know it's part of your curse/task, and it is in sarcastic orange, and it probably physically hurt you to type that, butt cheers, mate! :hugs: And our disagreements are in-game only (ifyouknowwhatimean).

Now back to business. :mafia:
How are these two quotes you pulled (from D1) relevant to the last 4-5 days of discussion?
1. easy target;
2. contradiction;
3. things have evolved from there in case you haven't noticed. I was too lazy to reiterate the rest last time, since it has already been posted. Yeah, that is my fault for not going through my posts to lay it all before you again.
For someone who's doing extremely thorough analyses and has an eye for detail, you sure do miss elementary stuff and jump to rushed conclusions in blink of an eye:

1. there's the classic 'of course Lizzy saved Vomps because they're besties she doesn't care if he's mafia'
2. now you're blaming Percy for accepting the butler's offer. There is no offer because Jack has been found. He kinda killed Russti. Penny could've found MacGyver and Percy borrowed his NK, but it failed because BWT is in fact civ. That is one other possibility.

I've said this before, if the Moriarty thing works like 50% accurate - 50% dead player's role, then, when I was revealed as Jack the only dead player at the time was SVS, with INH and Rey killed on the same night I was revealed. SVS has been rezzed, and with that logic it would have been easy for the Butler for find Jack. Again, a mere possibility. :shrug:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

All caught up :-) posting from my phone.

Ripiywg all - obviously, i did not think epi was. I had generally good feelings about both russ and agleam, even though he wasn't around much at all.

I think nevin is probably on to something with his rumple theory. Everything is adding together nicely - especially the logic behind Bea and Martell, i feel that i can't ignore this.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lizzy wrote:
I've said this before, if the Moriarty thing works like 50% accurate - 50% dead player's role, then, when I was revealed as Jack the only dead player at the time was SVS, with INH and Rey killed on the same night I was revealed. SVS has been rezzed, and with that logic it would have been easy for the Butler for find Jack. Again, a mere possibility. :shrug:
Why would you think that about dead players role? Did MP say this? It's an interesting theory, especially since another role has been revealed most nights as well. I don't think that team has a dead check, i was very interested in that when i first came back, and specifically looked for it. You think the host would reveal dead roles? When i saw that 2 roles were being revealed, not the one the Moriarity role says, plus the exaggereator being on that team, and for other reasons, i thought the double reveals were particularly interesting, and tried to find all i could on it.

I thought my role was glaringly obvious, lol, but maybe not ha ha. Certainly, though, it is not Jack.

The word usage analysis people are doing is excellent, I especially like "supper" for "super". Even though Bea is a college graduate and was a teacher, she has this spelling challenged persona that might make a mistake like that. I was either leaning a certain way, or had no serious opinion on the people being brought up due to shared vocabulary, but now i think rereading them would be a good idea.
DH Said: By the way, did I mention that you are an incredible person, both inside and outside mafia. You are an absolute joy in everything. DnD, mafia, Fiasco, Whatever. You are always on point and have very intellegent ideas and I admire your bold personality.
Aww, thanks. "Bold" is a lovely way to put it :daisy:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote: 2. now you're blaming Percy for accepting the butler's offer. There is no offer because Jack has been found. He kinda killed Russti. Penny could've found MacGyver and Percy borrowed his NK, but it failed because BWT is in fact civ. That is one other possibility.
Excellent point here - I had forgotten that that would change. Though the visual is pretty confusing to explain otherwise.
Lizzy wrote: I've said this before, if the Moriarty thing works like 50% accurate - 50% dead player's role, then, when I was revealed as Jack the only dead player at the time was SVS, with INH and Rey killed on the same night I was revealed. SVS has been rezzed, and with that logic it would have been easy for the Butler for find Jack. Again, a mere possibility. :shrug:
That is an interesting implementation idea, and it does appear to be consistent with the results we've received, at a glance.
I don't really suspect SVS at the moment, but she certainly could be Jack.
We should keep an eye in that direction (though I have more certain fish to fry atm).
DharmaHelper wrote:Lots of analysis
Glad to see someone else put in some hours last night :-)
This looks like a solid way to generate leads and target discussion at the very least.
I don't think FH is bad though.

Lastly, I think the lack of a mention of Zodac last night is telling - yesterday's lynch must *not* have been a tie, which means that Vomps was protected somehow.
But the wording of the text makes me pause - he didn't get *protected* from a lynch, the lynch was STOPPED.
"Every time Delbert successfully executes an "offer" kill, he gains one lynch stop."
That makes me was to lynch him again, though not as immediately.
It's tough to collect evidence on Vomps, since he behaves erratically anyway, but I'll try to make a go of it in the next few days.

On the topic of today's lynch - I could support either a JC or Bea lynch.
Bea's got more evidence against her, but I also think she's Martell, so we could get more verification by lynching JC first.

I'd be ok with going the other way though: no matter what role bea picks to die as, I think I'd know if she was lying.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”