Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Nevinera »

juliets wrote:Here are the things i find looking back at llama. Again, if I left anything out or misrepresented what anyone said please speak up.

1. Accuses DH of squashing discussion because he (DH) wants to discuss other options other than inh.
2. When Bullz says the same thing about inh llama agrees with it
3. Rarely backs his suspicions with anything at all
4. Tries to buddy up to SD, Bullz, SVS, BWT which is indicative of a baddie
5. Case against DH was "weak slapdash of propped up nonsense" http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 780#p53780
6. llama was a kate voter
7. Suspects DH for: arrogance, insincerity, squashing discussion, opportunism, suspiciously fast code-breaking http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 545#p53545
8. accuses dh of lying about how long dnd lasted (see post directly below post link in #7.
9. A lot of back and forth with DH over different things, e.g., low posters
10. Adds in "if I survive the night" which is classic overplay
11. points about llama are fact driven
12. had a valid and verifiable reason to be absent which would be a good thing to use until midgame to avoid lynches

I paid particular attention to the day 5 voting and most all of it was based on the fact that people were not comfortable with llama's case against DH.
The most significant bit of information about llama (as vomps) is that we lynched him and he didn't die.
That limits his possible roles quite sharply to one baddie or civ that are lynch immune, Jack/Delbert, or Cohen (any of which have at least one lynch save left).
The most important points surrounding llama are that, which he is almost certainly 'bad' at this point (even cohen would be close to LMS after that many votes),
lynching him is unlikely to gain us anything unless we do it twice more (at least).
I would prefer to do that later, as fetus eventually will become lynchable, and cohen/delbert have no kill.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

^Aye!
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Anyone have any thoughts about this possibility?:

DH is Jack Torrence, and he ingeniously planted this little seed to frame Vompatti later on (as in now).
Just a thought that popped into my mind.

But I'd be willing to look at Vompers for this if no one else goes for BWT (Who I would LOOOOOVE to vote for again today).

Also, OMG LIZZY I think I love this avatar more for you!!!!! :biggrin:
I have a few thoughts on that possibility: It's incorrect. It would be far from genius to expose myself to a lynch if I was wrong about Vompatti. It would also be silly to wait until just now instead of adding onto my case last lynch, when I had much more support. I recognize the possibility, but it's too much of a logical gap. It would be just as possible if I were to say you were Jack or Delbert and knew Vompatti wasn't so you saw an opportunity to knock me down a peg by claiming I framed Vomps. Or if Vomps WAS Jack and you were Delbert and you were nervous about losing your partner so soon, so you cast suspicion on me.

The difference between those conjectures (mine and yours) and the evidence that Vompatti is Jack is that there is actual evidence pointing to Vompatti being Jack. His rescue from the lynch, and the message. In my mind, Jack would want to send messages that made it clear to Delbert who he was so that he could be recruited, not send messages that sent Delbert on a wild goose chase.

A.P was awesome to partner up with in Sherlock, and is a sweet and funny guy. INH is a twisted bastard but one I can respect nonetheless.
Again, just something that popped into my mind. Obviously there's no evidence for this so I will not be voting for you, DH :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

I went ahead and voted for Vompatti. If in fact he is Jack, it wouldn't hurt to get Delbert's lynch saves done and spent. I think today was really progressive in terms of the discussion generated and the suspects we sniffed out, so that's good. Gleam is a new person to me as well but seems like a very nice guy and very easy to get along with. Another guy I look forward to playing with more as it is a shame he's usually either killed early or very quiet.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I reread Llama, i reread the case against him from several days ago (remember? He had 10 votes and did not die?) and find it solid, and in light of Devin saying he had the same PM as Llama where orange WAS required, and Llama said that he had not been required to use orange, right after trying to impugn DH for use of the orange, I think he was faking his insanity to put more distance between himself and his failed lynch~

Out of sight, out of mind.

In any case, i cannot see another reason for that lie about the sarc orange. I have had reason to lie as a civ, and i have seen others lie as a civ when hosting them. But I can see no reason for that lie, and according to Devin, it IS a lie. And Devin & I may spar, but I believe him.

I am voting Llama.
Why would I lie about something so easily corrected by Devin? I just missed that sentence in the PM. And "impugn"? Nonsense. I was just giving DH a hard time for posting glowing compliments in sarcastic orange, which ordinarily would be quite a rude thing to do.
For the record, I completely missed that we were not allowed to post Off Topic during our poetry contest. I did this twice and then realized that it was a rule.
So I believe you, llama, when you say you misread the PM.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:llama voters, lets not forget why you voted for him before he survived, and was faux insanified.
I doubt llama would fake insanification during a relatively easy contest. Why purposefully risk losing it?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:I think SVS has a point, it does seem like so many people dropped their suspicion of llama rather quickly after Nevin and DH posted their analysis.
Doesn't that say more about them than me?
It says we were hasty and decided to give you more of a chance to prove yourself.
I quoted llama, but this is more for SVS and blindfaeth.

After that catch up I'm more inclined to vote for SVS than llama, although I believe llama will be a good cndidate further down the road.
I just don't know what to make of SVS's behavior this game. She was very willing to talk me into circles regarding Epi voters and now she's pushing really hard about the llama "lie" that I never said outright was a lie to begin with. Watup gurl? :shrug:

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Yeah, I have to say, today has me very hopeful, but I have a small sneaking suspicion that I'm being pulled in all sorts of directions perhaps on purpose. From my perspective, Nevin brought suspicion of bea/juliets to light, and then additional suspects were brought up by DH - then SVS asserting for llama and DH pulling another rabbit out of his hat with Vomps. Is DH or SVS (or both) pushing for other lynches to save a teammate in bea/juliets or to spread the vote thin so they can perhaps lynch who they'd like to? Probably not, but I'm paranoid, so I'm probably voting bea - I think the evidence is the most solid, and I've been keeping my eye on her anyway.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:I think SVS has a point, it does seem like so many people dropped their suspicion of llama rather quickly after Nevin and DH posted their analysis.
Doesn't that say more about them than me?
It says we were hasty and decided to give you more of a chance to prove yourself.
I quoted llama, but this is more for SVS and blindfaeth.

After that catch up I'm more inclined to vote for SVS than llama, although I believe llama will be a good cndidate further down the road.
I just don't know what to make of SVS's behavior this game. She was very willing to talk me into circles regarding Epi voters and now she's pushing really hard about the llama "lie" that I never said outright was a lie to begin with. Watup gurl? :shrug:
I have to agree - while I see nothing wrong with bringing up everyone's points that got llama lynched yesterday, I don't understand the accusations of lying. It's probably a misunderstanding of some sort.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Busy day at work today folks, so just checking in. Devin, it actually did occur to me that Vomps would be an easy guy to frame as Jack, since he has such a characteristic style, but it also seems pretty WIFOM-y, if you know what I mean. I am planning on voting Bea today.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

*changes his name to bea*
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Summary of what's been brought up about Vomps.

1. Votes day 0 and says he doesnt want to talk about it
2. Votes for Dom for reasons he says he can't reveal
3. AP stood up for him and said he would vote anyone who voted Vomps
4. Early in game vote by gleam because vomps only made 2 posts and not even any jokey ones
5. Said its possible he was on a baddie team and his fellow baddies told him who to vote for
6. Very quiet but talking in spanish, throws a vote on him to participate more
7. (Note: talk of Vomps in another game being a high posting civv)
8. Part of VAL voting block
9. A Person announces he will protect Vomps
10. Could be AP teammate because who else would let AP behave like that
11. Votes 11 for no other reason than he has an affinity for 11
12. Vomps voted for Kate
13. When asked about why he changed from voting Dom, did not want to got back in the thread to remember how he voted and why
14. Seems to steer clear of the popular vote maybe to avoid detection
15. Vomps is suspected of being Jack due to his rescue from the lynch and the message posted
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Devin, it was a lie. He flouted his curse. He is bad.

Although apparently I guess i don't know what I am talking about, lol~ you all can just ignore me.

Also, Devin, I am not bad (although you have been wanting to find an excuse for thinking me so). I think anyone who has played many games with me, or who I have hosted, or especially who i have cohosted with, should know that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Lizzy »

I went with the usual. I don't agree with any of the leads thus far - some will probably end up in civs being lynched and others in no lynches.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Lizzy wrote:I went with the usual. I don't agree with any of the leads thus far - some will probably end up in civs being lynched and others in no lynches.
I like this. Although i do not think I agree with your choice, I like that you are doing what you think is best. That is what i like to do, it is not always popular, but I think it is the correct thing to do.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Noticed today that SVS can't be Jack - she was dead when he posted his message on night 2.
Thought I should throw that out there - I am therefore confident that she's a civ,
though I still have no idea why she's voting or behaving the way she is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Becasue this is how she acts. Sorry if you don;'t agree with my vote.

It is my experience that when people say they "Know" who is and isn't who, half the time they are wrong. I follow my own suspicions. Perhaps they will coincide with yours, perhaps not.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Devin, it was a lie. He flouted his curse. He is bad.

Although apparently I guess i don't know what I am talking about, lol~ you all can just ignore me.

Also, Devin, I am not bad (although you have been wanting to find an excuse for thinking me so). I think anyone who has played many games with me, or who I have hosted, or especially who i have cohosted with, should know that.
I don't think you're bad at all and I'm intrigued with your 100% positiveness about llama. Why would you say this unless you know for sure? I'm considering a vote with you here because you are so sure but i first have to assure that I'm not going to have to save myself.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, people are saying that they know his role (??) and that it would be a waste, so I dunno if you should. I am not 100% sure he is any specific role, I am sure he lied, and then backpedaled about it. It's all in the thread. I do think he did so willfully, and I am not sure why anyone NOT a baddie would do so.

I hope you are seeing what I put out, JC~ you of all people should :)

I hope you are not bad, lol. If i missed it (I am not fully caught up today, we had Blizzard #7878957 today) did you say your opinion on Bea?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

I think the Vomps case is plausible, and supports my existing suspicion for him. *Votes Vomps*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Well, people are saying that they know his role (??) and that it would be a waste, so I dunno if you should. I am not 100% sure he is any specific role, I am sure he lied, and then backpedaled about it. It's all in the thread. I do think he did so willfully, and I am not sure why anyone NOT a baddie would do so.

I hope you are not bad, lol. If i missed it (I am not fully caught up today, we had Blizzard #7878957 today) did you say your opinion on Bea?
Ok, yes i do see why some people are saying it would be a waste and I'll revisit that before I make a final decision.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I think bea is probably bad. You may not share that opinion and if you don't, I would love to know why. Maybe you can open my eyes to something I'm overlooking.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Well, people are saying that they know his role (??) and that it would be a waste, so I dunno if you should. I am not 100% sure he is any specific role, I am sure he lied, and then backpedaled about it. It's all in the thread. I do think he did so willfully, and I am not sure why anyone NOT a baddie would do so.

You can't be sure that I lied because a lie is all about motive, and you can't know my motive. If I didn't intent to deceive, it was, by definition, not a lie. I stated something that wasn't true, yes, but it was not a lie, because I believed it at the time.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:

Ok, yes i do see why some people are saying it would be a waste and I'll revisit that before I make a final decision.

Unfortunately, at this point in time I think bea is probably bad. You may not share that opinion and if you don't, I would love to know why. Maybe you can open my eyes to something I'm overlooking.
No, I think so too, very likely, unfortunately. I thought Bea could be bad before the Rumple words thing. I found the case on her re the words more convincing than the one on you, as well. I went to RM & searched your posts for the word "Specific" and you had 48 posts with that word, over 10% of your posts had it. Some had it more than once. So I am not going to condemn you over the use of a word you obviously use a lot.

linki @Llama~ I have reason to believe otherwise. It;s in the thread :)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Ok first. I'm very sorry for not posting since Friday. I have been trying to keep up via my phone but for those of you who do post on your phone, you do know what a pain that is and I was trying to do it while suck down a quick smoke at work. I've had an insanely busy weekend. It was Super Bowl weekend at a Pizza shop and I had to work long close shifts all three nights. Honestly, I've been asleep pretty much till it was time to go into work since Friday and have only just now woke up and caught up on things today Outside of the stress of the weekend, Thurs night's close was pretty stressful too and it just carried on all weekend long in terms of staff. So - busy as eff + staff stressing me out to no end = quiet Bea.

Thank-you JC for pulling all this together. It does make trying to address everything a lot more easier.
juliets wrote:In re-reading I decided to sum up what I found in relation to bea's possibly being bad as i reviewed the thread. Counterpoints have been made to many of these points but my intent was just to pull together in one place all the things that people have brought up as evidence that bea is bad. Let me know if I got something wrong or left something out. I do this for myself and only post it because in the past others have asked for it. I'm going to do llama or vomps next. If it is not helpful just let me know and I won't post.

1. Said that maybe Bob is not the person to go after because he might be helpful to the civs.I didn't understand how the role worked and more than one person was proposing that we pushed INH toward not siding with us.

2. After winning the shield bea seemed awfully interested in the workings of bob implying bea might be the minion.Again, I didn't understand the role so I asked for clarification. I thought that's what we were supposed to do when didn't understand a role that wasn't ours.

3. Said "Oh socky - if we lynch Bob's minion, will we be told that he was the recruit or will only his original civ role be revealed? " Original civv role believed to be a slip up. Yes. This was totally a subconscious slip up. I'm a civ and I was being accused of being the minion. I wanted to know if my role would prove in a lynch that I wasn't a minion. I didn't consider that a baddie was recruited because the talk was that *I* was recruited and I'm a civ.

4. Bob picked bea as a minion to get the shield. While I can see the reasoning behind it. It's just false. Bob never picked me.

5. Responses to accusations were "fleety" Still never quite got an answer on what was meant by "fleetly" to my knowledge. I do know that I tried to address what I thought BF meant by "fleetly" but I don't remember ever hearing if that was correct or not.

6. BB attempted to kill bea - that is a civv role, does it imply anything about bea I thought it was Delbert that tried to kill me via BB? At the very least though, at least no one's saying I'm Jack now. So, I've got that going for me. :fiesta:

7. bea voted to give the shield to kate It was early in the game, I hadn't had bad vibes from her. She tends to be an early target a lot when she is a civ. Hell even I've killed her first chance I've gotten when I'm bad. I didn't want to vote myself as (I know this is odd mid-west behavior left over from my teenage band days) it's rude to applaud for yourself. Kate seemed like a fairly decent second choice.

8. bea voted for kate to be rezzed Yea. This should really prove that I'm not Kate's baddie teammate more than it is being used as evidence that I am. Tranq's GTA game pretty much was the death of me doing about anything to help a teammate. Was not a fan of watching us all die one right after the other (except wabbit) because we all voted to give FH the bike.

9. narrowed down possible minions to bea, bwt, epi I'm not the minion and I was constantly willing to do whatever it took to help put people's mind at ease about that.

10. her self-voting behavior seems fishy - voting self because opportunity to frame her which seems like a weak excuse - avoiding detection I still think the idea that this seams weak is a bit weak itself. Until MP clarified how cranky he would be if powers were obstained from being used, it honestly would have been a pretty decent strategy for the minion. Forgive me for being paranoid, but just because you're paraniod doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

11. she started begging to be lynched seemingly out of nowhere Out of no where? I think 1-10 shows a slow burn of me trying to fight accusations around ever corner. Funny thing is - I always want to be lynched when I start taking heat and I'm a civ. Always. It's not the first or last time I've asked for it in a game. I like that my role will be revealed. If I have to go down to prove that I was right, so be it. My civ teammates will learn a lot from my death.

12. Guess that she is Martell and knows the lynch won't show her as a baddie Funny enough, not the first time I've been accused of being the baddie seamer when I was a civ. In Sawyer's "All my favorite character's" game, I was the first civ the baddies were able to lynch saying "Oh, she was probably Rouge." I wasn't. How many more civs got lynched under "Oh they are probably Rouge." Rouge's team was the team that won that game wasn't it?

13. Begging to be lynched despite the fact she's not on the lynch poll Yea - I totally missed that I wasn't on the poll. That was the start of my crappy weekend. Really rough night at work. Then I thought my paycheck didn't make it into my checking account. By the time people were waking up and talking I'd been awake far too long, had some wine and really should have been in bed a few hours ago.

14. Tried to get a civv lynched (DF, this was yours but i couldnt figure out which civ you were talking about) Could have been lizzy - could have been aces. I was wrong on both those accounts. Unfortunately.

15. Video game baddies tried to kill her on a night she had the sheild and they would have known that I HAD the sheild and I tried to pass it off the first night. I thought it was only a one night carry. If I made that mistake isn't it entirely possible that some others did as well?

16. Says several words via nevin's analysis that could mean she's using rumple words, use of the word specific stood out I admit nev's word analysis post was one I was trying to skim at work and meant to come back to but haven't yet so I'm missing lots of stuff behind it. It's not uncommon for me to use the word specific though. Hell, I've probably used it in this post.

17. Posts prior to meltdown were fluffy posts You know except the ones where I was asking questions and stuff. But those are the ones where I'm being suspicious. So I guess if you take away the suspicious questioning posts then yea, all I have are fluffy ones.

18. Perhaps tried to pad her post count by talking about the edit button Nope - I don't care about padding post count. This is something that's never bothered me across the 4 forums I've played mafia on. I honestly didn't understand HOW it was possible. I hadn't realized that the subforum hadn't been set to disallow editing.

19. Went after nev a couple of times on weak evidence when he is obviously civ Yea. I blew up on Nev too. I'm truely sorry about that blow up. It's part of the reason I stayed away during the rest of my frustratingly frustrating weekend. I didn't want a repeat performance. I don't think I've gone after him prior to that though? So isn't "a couple times" stretching it? I've certianly disagreed with him in regards to his analysis on me because it is incorrect, but I fail to see how that is going after someone?
Obviously I'll be holding my vote in case I have to save myself. Is there anything else anyone would like me to address?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:

You can't be sure that I lied because a lie is all about motive, and you can't know my motive. If I didn't intent to deceive, it was, by definition, not a lie. I stated something that wasn't true, yes, but it was not a lie, because I believed it at the time.
I do have to say, this is one of the weasely-est statement i have ever read. Srs weasel, man, props. I really don't think you believed it. I know i don't believe it.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I wrote this mammoth post about bea, Vomps, and Dolly Llama today but I guess I didn't press submit and it's just floating around in the ether on my morning library computer. It makes me a bit nauseated to be honest.

I will be overly concise and state that:

* I'll believe Nev about voting Llama being a fruitless endeavor. For today.

* I'll give Llama the botd about faking insanity. For today.

* I need to re/read the case on bea that timmer mentions; I must have skipped that. If so, we were way off the mark with voting to give her the Shield of Grey Poupon, but I am reserving judgment. For today. I think we have bigger fish to fry.
Update: Linki w/ Bea -- Those are good answers; thanks man.

* Vomps is often misunderstood because he can be a weirdo, but he's our weirdo. At the same time though, I can understand DH's stance.

* Pretend I tied this all up in a nice bow like I did in my irretrievable post from this morning.

It smells really bad in here tonight. I wonder if I left an old grapefruit around here somewhere.

linki w/SVS- It's like he is so far down the rabbit hole, that he's actually convinced himself he's telling the truth. In his own mind, he probably believes these half-truths and fabrications.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

Many here feel that Llama is bad and Iagree with this opinion. As such, I thought I'd point out this post:
thellama73 wrote:Finished a quick Bea reread. A few things stood out

1. She was super obsessed with the edit button and posted about it a gazillion times, even though it was clearly just an error in the way the forum was set up. Then she tops it off with "don't say I'm a low poster!" Feels like trying to pad out the discussion partially to distract, partially to avoid the watchful eye of DH, who has it in for low posters.

2. She has gone after Nevin a couple of times on what I view as weak evidence, since he is DEFINITELY a civ.

3. She started begging for votes as early as Day 3 and hasn't stopped.

4. In context, her use of the word "specific" stood out to me as forced, as Nevin pointed out. I wasn't even looking for that, but it popped out at me.

5. Mongoose and other people who think I faked insanification, look at Bea's insanified posts on Day 5. I promise you, I am not that good of a mimic, and I would have had no way of knowing which of the several insanifiers employed by this site was being used. This is a baseless accusation to start a bandwagon against me. If the previous evidence against me was so strong, by all means return to that, but this is just slander.

I will probably vote for Bea today. Flyin' High is next on my list to read.
He's simultaneously jumped onto the Bea bandwagon and tries to give Nev a little civ cred by implanting the idea that "he is DEFNITIELY a civ." This strongly gives me the impression that they may be baddies together as I haven't had a strong opinion of Nev until now.

I don't buy into Nev's magic word theory either. I think it's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge stretch. We are playing a mafia game where people are demanding explaination, details and SPECIFICS about why we think one way or another. How is it at all odd that "specific" is used? Even if it does feel forced or extraneous, you could find words like that in ANY of our posts.

I have Bea pegged as one of two very important civ roles, and I think the baddies have picked up her hints as well thus very much wanting to eliminate her. I don't want to out her by any means, but it'd be hard to say "I told you so" if she does get lynched without everyone claiming she was Catherine Martell and manipulated her role reveal. Bottom line, if Bea turns up civ, I will 100% believe she is who she's revealed to be.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

S~V~S, I agree with you on llama being bad. I haven't changed my mind about that. But the reason I am not voting him today is because the facts show that he is either an unlynchable baddie or an indie with no night kill. So I don't see what there is to gain today by wasting a lynch on him.

Is there something I am missing?
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

eep - did I really just type "a lot more easier" up there. :( I swear I'm becoming dumber every year. :wall:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

BigDamnHero wrote: This strongly gives me the impression that they may be baddies together.
I'm with you on this one, hoss. I think it's definitely possible; I've not been able to get that possibility out of my head since Day 1. Playing very cleanly and they know exactly what each other's strengths and weaknesses are, and you can be darn toot-a-rootin' that they would be maximizing that in a quite synergetic way. Neither can be underestimated for a split second.They are both smart and silver-tongued at the same time, which makes them formidable.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Personally, BDH, i have been kind of afraid to disagree with Nevin. Accusing people who don't see his logic of being drunk... and implying that people who speak their own minds don't make sense... I am liking you better, BDH, than i did before.

Linki@FH~ I get it. What i don't get is people talking as if they have figured out so many roles already. There are so many variables~ and not everyone notices everything. I am amazed that no one noticed two Moriarity role reveals, for instance, when the role says one. No one noticed this until i rejoined the game? I am the least observant person ever, lol.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I do have to say, this is one of the weasely-est statement i have ever read. Srs weasel, man, props. I really don't think you believed it. I know i don't believe it.
Really?? It was what I said that made you think he was lying. I know he's not lying.
Do I think he's a potential baddie for other reasons? Yes.
But for EXACTLY the same reason he didn't post in orange, I posted off topic. Twice! Did I do it on purpose, or to deceive anyone, or to break the rules? No.
What possible benefit could llama gain by faking insanification and not posting in orange (a contest rule), during the contest?
And that's another thing! It was not a curse! It was an optional contest. We didn't have to do it and we wouldn't have been punished for not doing it (if you don't count losing the contest as a punishment). llama clearly was trying to post using poetry so he clearly was trying just as hard as I was to win the contest.

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:Personally, BDH, i have been kind of afraid to disagree with Nevin. Accusing people who don't see his logic of being drunk... and implying that people who speak their own minds don't make sense... I am liking you better, BDH, than i did before.

Linki@FH~ I get it. What i don't get is people talking as if they have figured out so many roles already. There are so many variables~ and not everyone notices everything. I am amazed that no one noticed two Moriarity role reveals, for instance, when the role says one. No one noticed this until i rejoined the game? I am the least observant person ever, lol.
The irony here is that I have no problems with being accused of being drunk. In fact, I dare say it's prolly more the norm after a certain part of the day than others. Weird that I'm never drunk, just a baddie. On some team.....or wait, no....the other one. Or wait.... no....
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

@BDH: What will you think if bea does flip civvie, but it's not the role you thought she was hinting at? Alternatively, what if she's been hinting at a specific role (ha, specific!) because she is Catherine Martell and she's setting up people like you to believe her role reveal? For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any role hints, but I am terrible at catching those.

Also, why is everyone so focused on the word, "specific"? Nev's big magic word post was impressive because it showed a pattern over multiple days of the same 3 or so people using a different word each day. Frankly, the word I found most interesting was the use of the word "supper" by both bea and Epignosis.

Maybe bea really is a civvie. But why would a civvie ask to be lynched multiple days just to prove she's a civvie? Our power is in our numbers and in trying to root out the baddies by lynching them. What would we possibly gain by having bea prove herself to be a civvie through her lynch? I just don't get that.

And as for why I personally think Nev is a civvie--before the role secrets were ever revealed the Manipulators tried to kill Nev (he survived), then the Manipulators wrote a fake kill attempt about Nev. Then the following night they used Moriarty's power to say he was Big Daddy (Bouncer). We know Nev can't be the Big Daddy because Creeper is killing which means Big Daddy is dead. And if he is a Manipulator, then a) they tried to kill their own teammates Night 1 and b) he framed himself as being on the other team. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me. Hence why I don't think he's on either baddie team.
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Flyin' High wrote:@BDH: What will you think if bea does flip civvie, but it's not the role you thought she was hinting at? Alternatively, what if she's been hinting at a specific role (ha, specific!) because she is Catherine Martell and she's setting up people like you to believe her role reveal? For what it's worth, I haven't noticed any role hints, but I am terrible at catching those.

Also, why is everyone so focused on the word, "specific"? Nev's big magic word post was impressive because it showed a pattern over multiple days of the same 3 or so people using a different word each day. Frankly, the word I found most interesting was the use of the word "supper" by both bea and Epignosis.

Maybe bea really is a civvie. But why would a civvie ask to be lynched multiple days just to prove she's a civvie? Our power is in our numbers and in trying to root out the baddies by lynching them. What would we possibly gain by having bea prove herself to be a civvie through her lynch? I just don't get that.

And as for why I personally think Nev is a civvie--before the role secrets were ever revealed the Manipulators tried to kill Nev (he survived), then the Manipulators wrote a fake kill attempt about Nev. Then the following night they used Moriarty's power to say he was Big Daddy (Bouncer). We know Nev can't be the Big Daddy because Creeper is killing which means Big Daddy is dead. And if he is a Manipulator, then a) they tried to kill their own teammates Night 1 and b) he framed himself as being on the other team. It just doesn't make any logical sense to me. Hence why I don't think he's on either baddie team.
You really haven't played enough games on HV with me to know that? Because after continuous accusations I hit the frustrated - fine just do it point. There's a line. I get tired of being under attack and I just want it to be over and I just want to have the lynch prove that I was not the baddie people were looking for. THEN the remaining civs can look at the people who were pushing it so hard. I did the same thing in bioshock as bea v1.0 in which I was very much a civ.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

also - did you miss the part where there was wine involved? I even put the glass in my sig so people would remember - there's usually wine involved.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

@Fh: I'm st work on ohine so hafta make thus quick...it's not just her role hints. I have outside access that no other player does. Evryone's gotta trust me on this: BEA IS A CIV.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

off to make food now
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I luv ya man. But I have to ask. Da' Fuck?

Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 3] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Flyin' High »

@bea: I'm not basing my feelings about you just on the most recent posts where you asked to be lynched. You first asked to be lynched so we could see your role as early as Day 3.

The first post each day where she either asks to be lynched to prove her civviness or talks about how if she is lynched it will prove her civvieness:
Day 3: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 293#p52293
Day 4: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 097#p53097
Day 5: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 853#p53853
Day 6: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 433#p54433
Today: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 081#p55081

Linki @ BDH: :sigh: How do I know I can trust you? Claims like that are frustrating because it requires blind trust.
ImageImage

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

BigDamnHero wrote:@Fh: I'm st work on ohine so hafta make thus quick...it's not just her role hints. I have outside access that no other player does. Evryone's gotta trust me on this: BEA IS A CIV.
I'm just going to flat out ask, what kind of "outside access"?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

The Don's Bedchambers perhaps? :ponder:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Um, I think it's kinda obvious, lol~

And FH, bea ALWAYS wants to be lynched when under suspish as a civ. As a HV player i thought you might remember that?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Um, I think it's kinda obvious, lol~

And FH, bea ALWAYS wants to be lynched when under suspish as a civ. As a HV player i thought you might remember that?
So he's talking about outside the thread communication? I didn't think that was allowed.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think he means he knows her, really, really, really, really well.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:I think he means he knows her, really, really, really, really well.
lolol, ok -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

SVS, if you hadn't voted llama because he's not likely to die in the lynch, who would you have voted?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

S~V~S wrote:Um, I think it's kinda obvious, lol~

Honestly, it has been ages since I've played a game on HV. So I guess I'm a bit rusty with bea's style.

@juliets: I'm assuming BDH has a role related reason for asking us to trust bea. I just can't decide if he's a teammate taking a big gambit or if he is a civ trying to save the life of another civ.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

juliets wrote:SVS, if you hadn't voted llama because he's not likely to die in the lynch, who would you have voted?
To be honest, i am not sure. I would have considered a Bea vote until BDH said what he said. The fact that the word thing did not apply to you as far as i am concerned could also mean it does not apply to her. Although that "supper" as "super" thing was pingy.

Linky @ FH~ I think maybe he just understands bea well.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:
juliets wrote:SVS, if you hadn't voted llama because he's not likely to die in the lynch, who would you have voted?
To be honest, i am not sure. I would have considered a Bea vote until BDH said what he said. The fact that the word thing did not apply to you as far as i am concerned could also mean it does not apply to her. Although that "supper" as "super" thing was pingy.

Linky @ FH~ I think maybe he just understands bea well.
Yes, I am slightly uncomfortable given what bdh says about bea voting for her.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”