35%

Total votes: 23
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Re: [NIGHT 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by DharmaHelper »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Nev, if we ignore the killer indies for one or two days, while hunting for baddies, the latter WILL resort to NK'ing the suspected SK's because it's in their interest.
I agree with this.
Naturally you would like us not to lynch your meal ticket right :P
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote:Nev, if we ignore the killer indies for one or two days, while hunting for baddies, the latter WILL resort to NK'ing the suspected SK's because it's in their interest.
I agree with this.
I still don't follow. Would you mind explaining the logic here?
As far as I can tell, the killer indies are motivated to get people dead as fast as possible, and want the baddies alive.
The baddies are motivated to get civs eliminated faster, and have no particular reason to want serial killers dead.
And since those indies *are* suspected, baddies will prefer to leave them alive to draw lynches.
Where am I wrong?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:
I agree with this.
I still don't follow. Would you mind explaining the logic here?
As far as I can tell, the killer indies are motivated to get people dead as fast as possible, and want the baddies alive.
The baddies are motivated to get civs eliminated faster, and have no particular reason to want serial killers dead.
And since those indies *are* suspected, baddies will prefer to leave them alive to draw lynches.
Where am I wrong?
You're not.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah~ if the SK's and baddies all NK each other, then they will be forced to lynch civs, and they don't want to do THAT. That would be bad for "business".
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Yeah~ if the SK's and baddies all NK each other, then they will be forced to lynch civs, and they don't want to do THAT. That would be bad for "business".
Not sure if serious.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: My Trusty Boombox

Mongoose was the ultimate Renaissance woman/mongoose. Always helpful and kind, she got many calls from the neighbors requesting her special services.

“Hello, Agent Mongoose!” she answered brightly.

“Yes, um this is Lionel Hickory. I heard you can help me,” the voice was shaky.

“Sure, ma’am! Whatcha need? I’ve got power tools, a Swiss army knife, a chainsaw, and a makeup kit. No task is too big or too small for this mongoose!”

“Well. Doggone it if he ain’t gone and done it ‘gain. He’s a hairy lump of a beast, but he’s my beast, y’all know?” the caller explained. “I’m getting’ ‘head of mahself. My name’s Hickory and I live down the lane. You might know my rooster, Rusty. He’s French.”

“Oh, hey Mr. Hickory! Yeah, I know that rooster. He cockles on down to my yard sometimes and hangs out with mah greyhound, Cassavetes. I caught him riding on my dog once, if you’ken believe it.”

“What in the mother of pearl, that’s incredible. Well, I guess that’s the French for ya. Anyway, my hairy lump of a beast ain’t Rusty. It’s my llama.”

Mongoose chomped into her apple. “Does he like to eat cowboy beans?” she asked.

“I don’t rightly know, ma’am. I know he likes to talk a lot. I ‘ont ever listen though,” Hickory replied.

“Is this llama giving you problems? Would you like me to eradicate ‘im for ya? I run a full-fledged varmint-riddin’ service. I even bagged a bear once; took a swipe at me, but I lured him away like a pied piper with a big ole vat of honey, don’tcha know.”

“I done heard about that and I was fixin’ to ask yer if that was true! Dad blame it, if that the most sparkin’ thing I ever done heard!” Hickory said.

Mongoose switched the phone to her other ear and poked at the frosting on a cupcake.

“Anyway, Miss Mongoose, my llama is stuck in a tree! He fancies himself the Grand Poobah of Tree-Climbing, but this time he done got stuck!”

“What, that’s crazy! Llamas don’t climb trees! Do they?” Mongoose asked.

“’ell, this one does. Can you help me get him down?” Hickory asked.

“Sure thing, I’ll be over lickety split.”

Mongoose put on her tool belt and grabbed her gearbox. She plaited her hair to keep it out of her face, and secured it with a green bow. Pulling on some functional yet cute boots, she hurried out the door and down the lane.

When Mongoose arrived at Hickory’s, a chaotic scene further erupted into chaos as she was bum-rushed.

“Miss Mongoose, Miss Mongoose, help us at once!” all the animals chattered.

“This used to be an Animal Sanctuary Squad, but now it’s an Animal ….Dissanctuary Squad,” said a flightless bird with teeth.

“If you are a publisher, author, or advertiser who would like to learn more about our premium advertising offerings, including our customized book launch packages, please fill out the form below to receive a media kit,” said a rather handsome wombat.

“Well, if that’s not a non-sequitur, I don’t rightly know what is!” Mongoose said to herself. She laid out her tools.

“Hello, Mr. Llama! My name is Mongoose! I’m here to save you!”

“I don’t need help. I’ve got this totally under control. Kindly leave me a snack and vamoose; that is vacate; in otherwords, scat. If you please: SCRAM!”

“No need for such a temper on ya,” Mongoose said sweetly. “Don’t be afraid to accept help!”

She laid out a small trampoline and hollered up at the llama to jump.

“Jump, llama, jump!”

He shook his head vigorously.

“C’mon, jump down onto the trampoline; it’s quite safe!” she assured him.

At that moment a very irate and disgruntled porcupine walked under the trampoline. His spiny needles gouged a rips in the trampoline mat from pillar to post.

“Time for Plan B,” Mongoose said, determined.

Using a grappling hook to secure it, she threw up a rope ladder around a branch near the llama’s head.

“Climb down this, verbose hairy beast of spitting propensity!” she yelled up to him.

“I won’t; that is: I decline; in other words: I refuse; indeed, I shall not,” the llama replied.

“Oy vey,” thought Mongoose. “He’s a tricky sort.”

About this time, a lovely and rare English tiger happened upon the scene and began to chase some of the chickens. They flew back into the solace of their coop, while the big cat rampaged. During this onslaught, the little tiger chomped through Mongoose’s rope ladder.

“Daaaaang,” she said. “Sometimes there aren’t tools in one’s kit to solve the problem. You gotta just use the ole noodle to come up with a solution instead.”

Mongoose saw a hedge owl sitting on the cow-catchin’ fence.

“Afternoon, ma’am. I am not sure if you have surveyed this scene, but I am trying to get this ornery cuss outta this tree. I was wonderin’ if you’d do me a kindness and help me out with this mission,” Mongoose asked the Hedge Owl.

“You better believe I will,” the Hedge Owl said, who had known the llama for a long time.

“Could you fly up to the branch he’s on and ask him what his least favorite recording artist is?” the Mongoose asked nicely.

The hedge owl agreed although she didn’t understand how this would help.

“Ready?” Mongoose asked.

“I was born ready,” replied the owl.

The Hedge Owl flew up to the treed llama and spoke with him at length. Mongoose took a moment to groom her tail while she waited.

After a few moments, the hedge owl flew back down to Mongoose. She whispered the answer into Mongoose’s ear.

“That’s my least favorite recording artist as well. I bet ole Hickory us out,” Mongoose said.

Mongoose went into the farmhouse and came back with a boombox. Putting in some earplugs for proper safety and sanity, she rested it on the picket fence and blasted it up toward the stranded llama.

Rackety music about an “invisible touch” boomed from the stereo and shook the tree. The llama, quite distressed, fell right out of the tree, but barrel rolled in order to break his fall.

“Ugh, that is quite unpleasant; that is noisome; in other words: disgraceful,” he replied and went over to the watering trough.

“Wow, you did it!” Hickory shouted.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: My Trusty Cow

A quartet of friends were driving through the desert after spending a quaint afternoon walking the streets of historic Tombstone. Bea was at the wheel with MacGuyver riding shotgun while Spacedaisey and Sockface were huddled in back amusing themselves with their technology devices. Suddenly, a fapping sound was heard coming from under the hood. Without much hesitation, the engine gave out and the car began to slow as Bea steered it safely to the side of the road.

After a few minutes of looking under the hood, Mac couldn't isolate just a single engine problem, but quickly realized the severity of the situation: there was little to no traffic in the area, their cellular signal was weak at BEST, and the sun was quickly setting over the desert horizon. They. Were. SCREWED!!!

Each person decidely took their own appraoch to the situation: Bea was just staring dumbfounded off into the distance, Mac had to run behind a thorny bush to pee, Daisy began to google auto repair on her tablet, and Sock couldn't wait for his turn so he could do a search for desert survival tactics. Off in the distance, a cow was heard mooing which seemed like quite a random thing but would prove to be their salvation.

The trunk proved to be fruitless when it came to supplies: tire iron, jumper cables, and a gas can. Underneath it all, though, was a the miracle of all miracles...duct tape and a box cutter! This sparked an idea in BDH's head. It was purely theoretical and may only last long enough to get them to the nearest town, but it was their only hope. Building an organic hybrid combustion engine! It would, however, require tracking down the mysterious desert cow.

(The details of recovering & slaughtering the cow are too gory and horrific to describe here so we'll just jump ahead.)

After dragging the cow back to the disabled vehicle, Mac began to get to work. He usesd the udder to replace the distributor cap, the insesting swapped out with the sparkplug wires, and the cow fat would make a decent substitute for the oil reserve. Just for good meaure, he used the contents of the bladder to fill the radiator. Using the duct tape to secure all the organs in place and keeping the seals tight, Mac instructed Bea to start it up. After a few tries (and the most god awful stench imagineable), the engine finally turned over as the group cheered and raced down the highway. Mac was right when he said the fix wouldn't last long, but it did carry them about another 20 or so miles before dying in a Walmart parking lot. Daisy made a call to some relatives who lived nearby to come pick them up, and she, along with Sockface and Bea, decided the best way to pass the time waiting for their ride to arrive would be to teach Macguyver how to play Euchre!

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: My Trusty Pocket Knife

"Well, this is a hell of a fix," thellama73 remarked, testing the ropes that bound his hands to the pneumatic drill, soon to plunge - taking him with it - deep into the earth's crust in search of that richest of all resources, black gold.

Mongoose, her auburn hair being blown across her face by the relentlessly whirring turbines overhead, shouted to make herself heard over the noise. "Are you going to talk about it all day, or actually do something about it?" He couldn't be sure, but he thought he could detect a hint of irritation in her voice. She was like that sometimes. Testy.

Of course, being strapped to the business end of a bulldozer probably wasn't doing much to improve her attitude.

"Don't sweat it, toots," he replied, winking roguishly. "I'll think of something. I always do."

Just then, a new sound was added to the din of the turbines as the drill's motor began to whir into action. Once it had a chance to warm up, the rapid spinning of the tube to which our intrepid llama found himself affixed would rend him to shred. On the bright side, he always worked better under a deadline.

Knowing he had to act quickly, he kicked off his left loafer, which unfortunately struck Mongoose in the solar plexus.

"Oof," she said emphatically.

"Sorry," he retorted. "Aiming properly takes time we don't have!"

With his besocked foot, he grasped a nearby pebble, which he flipped into the air and deftly caught in one of his bound hands. Then, he managed to slip a free thumb under the band of his elegant platinum wristwatch, extracting a concealed rubber band.

"Aha! I knew this would come in handy."

With undisguised skill, he manipulated the rubber band to form a crude slingshot, launching the pebble in a controlled arc towards the bulldozer to which his hapless assistant remained chained. With improbable force, the stone struck the ignition of the machine, and sent it lurching into action.

"What have you done!" Mongoose cried, rather melodramatically, he thought. As the bulldozer ground its way forward towards the still whirring pneumatic drill, llama hurled himself to the side at precisely the right moment, narrowly missing being crushed as the two objects collided with a clang. As for Mongoose, she was spared by her own slightness of frame, which allowed her to crouch protected within the bulldozer's concave shovel.

The drill motor whined in protest as the entire mechanism toppled to the ground. With the end of the bit exposed, the llama was easily able to slip his bound hands over the end and to freedom. In a flash, he leapt to the bulldozer and disentangled his lovely assistant from her restraints. Given the circumstances, she did not seem as grateful as she might.

With Mongoose freed, she produced her trusty pocket knife and cut the remaining ropes that constrained the llama's arms.

"Let's get out of here," they said in unison.

From the scaffolding high above, Vompatti looked down in dismay at this most recent thwarting of his evil designs. As the heroic duo fled to safety, he let out an exasperated sigh.

"ture."

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: Jack Tureence

Vompatti woke up.

It was the third time he had awakened randomly in the middle of the night. "What a weird dream..." he thought. "What a weird three dreams..." he corrected himself.

He shrugged. It was time to go kill someone.

And so he did. timmer was butchered, as he slept. Little did Vompatti know that timmer somehow survived, despite the butchering that was handed to him.

Suddenly, Zodac appeared out of nowhere, shaking his head in dismay. "You will no longer disrupt the balance of the universe..." he declared. Vompatti's body vanished into thin air, his presence erased from existence.

The strange man walked the streets once more, looking for a victim, anyone. He then had a revelation; he knew exactly whom he would kill.

Not long thereafter, S~V~S could be heard, screaming of pain as if she was being stabbed to death. In fact, however, it was the killer who was screaming, as S~V~S kicked the assailant in the groin and stole his knife. Talk about badass.

Even just as badass was DharmaHelper's miraculous escape from death by incineration. A mysterious man came to light up DharmaHelper in his sleep, but DharmaHelper heard the man as he tiptoed down the hallway, and he fled the scene.

The players gathered as the sun rose to celebrate the death of psychotic Vompatti. Then a figure appeared to the crowd for the first time: Jim Moriarty.

"Hello! Yes, I am Moriarty. I challenge ALL OF YOU to decode this!!!"

He threw pieces of paper at everyone. They read:

"Z rd rj jyrgvcvjj rj kyv nrmvj fw fcu lecvjj leuvi kyv kfity fw rgfccf. nyve Z rd sfie Z rd fev slk nyve Z uzv Z rd drep. Jfdv trcc dv r jrzek reu fkyvij r jzeevi. Jfcmv kyzj izuucv ze kzdv reu pfl'cc sv kyv nzeevi. Nyrk zj jzo rk fetv reu fev jzo kzdvj lecvjj ivmvijvu reu dlckzgczvu? Kyv drjfej trcc reu uvru nzcc izjv slk fecp nyve pfl tcfjv pfli vpvj."

"Only the best of the best can decode this message, and naturally that means that cracking this message will produce very intriguing information! And those of who you don't solve it will die. Because you suck too much."

bea burst out crying. "YOU'RE RIGHT!! I SUCK!! I can't take this any moar!!!!!!" she took out a revolver and shot herself in the head.

Then, white light absorbed the players once more.

timmer survived a kill attempt by Jack Torrence.
Vompatti has been lynched. He was Jack Torrence.
S~V~S survived a kill attempt by The Manipulators.
DharmaHelper survived an incineration attempt!
bea has killed herself!

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 7: Dragon

"TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Immediately, a giant S-shaped dragon with V-shaped scales confronted all of the players, staring at them. It looked hungry.

It is now Day 8. You have 48 hours to find an evil baddie for Trogdor to burninate!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: [DAY 8] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Flyin' High »

Wow, what a night!

So happy Vomps was Jack and was lynched. Why/how did bea kill herself!? :eek: And good job surviving (if you're good) Timmer, DH, and S~V~S!
ImageImage

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

RIPBYWG Sweetie. I'll avenge you!!!mg]

[img]http://www.allgraphics123.com/graphics/ ... unny45.gif[/i
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

BigDamnHero wrote:Image

RIPBYWG Sweetie. I'll avenge you!!!

ebwop
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

Sometimes what you need
to make someone understand
is to smack their head.

Until next time Bea
Rest in peace if you were good
But I don't think so.
My siggie.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

timmer wrote:Sometimes what you need
to make someone understand
is to smack their head.

Until next time Bea
Rest in peace if you were good
But I don't think so.
R u saying YOU were whacked in the head or the you WANT TO whack someone in the head? :ponder: Or is it both?
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

ebwop: *smacked/whacked...same diff, amIrite?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well that makes sense. They wouldn't have stopped the lynch if they though bea was going to die instead, huh?

Wonder how bea could have died though - and who is bdh planning to avenge her on?
I hope that wasn't my fault :-/
She doesn't seem bad to me any more, though that boggles my mind.

I'm wondering if there were some kind of corrective host-shenanigans last night, actually.
It's the only thing I can think of that seems to fit all the facts.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

To be clear, what I am positing (and this has no kind of confidence, it's just the only story I can make fit all the data):

Bdh read Beas role on accident. Bea Martell, bdh a civ.
They call foul on themselves to MP, and the best way to not destroy the game is for one of them to bow out.
MP lets bdh join the baddy team and bea die anonymously to not kill the game.
I mean, mp could have just killed bdh instead, and that would seem more likely to me, but bea would have thought it was her fault and argued for her dying instead. And since bdh knows, he needs to be switched in?

It seems far fetched enough that even I don't believe it,
but I just cannot figure what happened last night out otherwise.
I don't intend to press any case against BDH based on this, of course, but I will be watching him closely.
Just in case.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:Well that makes sense. They wouldn't have stopped the lynch if they though bea was going to die instead, huh?

Wonder how bea could have died though - and who is bdh planning to avenge her on?

I'm wondering if there were some kind of corrective host-shenanigans last night, actually.

Well...I'm thinking YOU for starters.

You concoct this elaborate story about how Bea is using secret words and get everyone to buy into your malarkay and after you failed to lynch her, NOW you believe she's good???? Yeah, I'm not buying it....

Linki- and now you're trying to do the same for me....I'm calling bullshit right here and now!
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Yeah, that fits.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:To be clear, what I am positing (and this has no kind of confidence, it's just the only story I can make fit all the data):

They call foul on themselves to MP, and the best way to not destroy the game is for one of them to bow out.
I mean, mp could have just killed bdh instead, and that would seem more likely to me, but bea would have thought it was her fault and argued for her dying instead. And since bdh knows, he needs to be switched in?

I don't intend to press any case against BDH based on this, of course, but I will be watching him closely.
Just in case.
If you now believe Bea was good, then why did you just posit a theory in which you think she's bad again? IN fact, if you don't even believe in the words you wrote, why post it at all except to plant the idea in people's heads?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Wow, those stories were fun! I needed that tonight. My ear is full of pus and almost ruptured! I can't hear anything you're saying.

I'll miss ya Vomps, but glad we were right about you.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Now I just have to hope enough of you have paid attention that he can't pull this off.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:Now I just have to hope enough of you have paid attention that he can't pull this off.
You've overplayed your hand, my friend. You don't know it yet, but you have. :slick:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

BigDamnHero wrote: If you now believe Bea was good, then why did you just posit a theory in which you think she's bad again? IN fact, if you don't even believe in the words you wrote, why post it at all except to plant the idea in people's heads?
The numbers, of course.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Flyin' High wrote:Wow, what a night!

So happy Vomps was Jack and was lynched. Why/how did bea kill herself!? :eek: And good job surviving (if you're good) Timmer, DH, and S~V~S!
FH -- Hi!

I wondered if she did it on accident - like someone redirected her target on even reflected it back on to her? I bet they thought it would be Uber Lulz after she allegedly "begged for it all game."

I will go on the record as saying I don't think it was intentional.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Mongoose wrote:
Flyin' High wrote:Wow, what a night!

FH -- Hi!

I wondered if she did it on accident - like someone redirected her target on even reflected it back on to her? I bet they thought it would be Uber Lulz after she allegedly "begged for it all game."

I will go on the record as saying I don't think it was intentional.
Either that, or maybe it was something she ate. ;) ;)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Just popping in, haven't read everything yet but lol @ Vomp's being Jack.

ImageImage
ImageImage
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote: If you now believe Bea was good, then why did you just posit a theory in which you think she's bad again? IN fact, if you don't even believe in the words you wrote, why post it at all except to plant the idea in people's heads?
The numbers, of course.
So your basic theory is to throw shit out there and see what sticks? Numbers can be manipulated...just like people....just like you're attempting to do.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Well I can see this is about to get ugly.
There's too much I'm not allowed to say in my own defense, so I'd love it if any of the people that have been paying attention could help out with that.

After that response from BDH I consider the scenario I just posited much more likely than I would have otherwise.
I could believe he hasn't been paying attention, and doesn't know who I am or why I would behave as I do,
but there's no way he'd be this aggressive if that were the case.

I stand by my earlier evidence, and I think it's unlikely that bea was a civ.
My brief appearance of a disagreement with myself is because the numbers, as they say, are bad.
They confuse me.
But I don't see any *role* that could cause Bea to kill herself, I don't see any mechanic in-game to allow that,
and I don't think that's a likely reward for a contest. So host-shenanigans seem likely.

So BDH will certainly try to get me lynched - it's really their only hope of victory, and they know it.
Hopefully the majority will see past that crap and keep an eye on what is really *happening*.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Bomps and Bea both dead? Score!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bea, this makes me sad :(

And Thank You :)

So no more Jack-pointing, eh?

Why am I not surprised they tried to kill me, lol?

Nevin, the "Host restoring balance" scenario stretches credulity a bit. BDH is a straight shooter; were such a scenario true, he would not have made the post he made. He would have removed himself from the game.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

I have no idea what just happened, jennibean supersaturate enjoy bea and Vomps are dead. Lowest Mexico all this Black Rock about animals, and nothing about me? Boomslang is a type of snake, you know! Anyway, I'm King of Hearts so probably going to be pretty useless this day. Ceb18 porringer target going to Peter me anyways!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:Well I can see this is about to get ugly.
There's too much I'm not allowed to say in my own defense, so I'd love it if any of the people that have been paying attention could help out with that.

After that response from BDH I consider the scenario I just posited much more likely than I would have otherwise.
I could believe he hasn't been paying attention, and doesn't know who I am or why I would behave as I do,

My brief appearance of a disagreement with myself is because the numbers, as they say, are bad.
They confuse me.
But I don't see any *role* that could cause Bea to kill herself, I don't see any mechanic in-game to allow that,
and I don't think that's a likely reward for a contest. So host-shenanigans seem likely.

So BDH will certainly try to get me lynched - it's really their only hope of victory, and they know it.
Hopefully the majority will see past that crap and keep an eye on what is really *happening*.
And what happens when I turn up civ? Will that make ME Martell? But then what does that do to your precious theory because certainly Bea AND myself can't be the same character? I find it very interesting that I've basically been of your radar until just this moment when I accuse you of flip-flopping your opinion and then you decide I'm a threat. To you, perhaps, but not to the civs as I am one of them.

And OF COURSE I'm gonna try and get you lynched. You rallied everyone to try to lynch Bea and then shrug off her apparent suicide saying "OOPS...I hope that wasn't because of me." Anyone (outside of your teammates) will plainly see that something just isn't right there.

linki- thanks for the kind words SVS. :hug:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Incinerate me will you? I think not.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

If anyone other than BDH has any questions for me I will be delighted to answer them as far as I'm able.
Or if he wants to ask any real ones, or make a real case of course I'll reply to that.
But I'm not really interested in trying to answer random mud slinging without any arguments or logic.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:If anyone other than BDH has any questions for me I will be delighted to answer them as far as I'm able.
Or if he wants to ask any real ones, or make a real case of course I'll reply to that.
But I'm not really interested in trying to answer random mud slinging without any arguments or logic.
Did you not make a case touting Bea as a baddie?
Then did you not change your opinion after seeing the night post?
Would that not be a reversal of opinions (I.E. flip-flopping)?
What made you change your mind?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

BDH, you are barking up the wrong tree.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nevinera wrote:If anyone other than BDH has any questions for me I will be delighted to answer them as far as I'm able.
That is your game play style, but it is not everyones.

Once MP had an entire hidden baddie team that was not in the secrets, mechanics or anywhere. They were just an actual secret. He has secret event style mechanics, and trigger mechanics that are not usually in the role list. Just becasue you don't see something in the roles, does not mean it does not exist.

Logical? Perhaps not. True? Most likely. I understand why you came up with the theory; you are having a problem understanding how this could be, and a theory like that would explain the numbers. But it is what it is.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:Well I can see this is about to get ugly.

They confuse me.

I would suggest rereading the roles. The evidence is there. Maybe you are missing it as I have apparently missed the secrets of your identity.

linki @ llama
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Whoa the death and the saving! Glad to see Vomps was as suspected. Well done DH.

Lizzy - seems you would like to build a case on me. Will respond tomorrow in more detail, but some of your points change since in fact DH was right and yeah I thought it was a good case and voted accordingly. Also, I would like to point out that of the VAL voting bloc, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. ;) (or in this case 2 were bad.)

I have Nev pegged for civ based on earlier incidences, but I could be wrong. I don't think currently he led a Bea lynch on purpose as a baddie. Also, the scenario he posits is exactly what happened in Homestar, and both Bea and BDH alerted the hosts and handled it, so I don't think that's what happened here.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 8] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champio

Post by Nevinera »

S~V~S wrote: That is your game play style, but it is not everyones.

Once MP had an entire hidden baddie team that was not in the secrets, mechanics or anywhere. They were just an actual secret. He has secret event style mechanics, and trigger mechanics that are not usually in the role list. Just becasue you don't see something in the roles, does not mean it does not exist.

Logical? Perhaps not. True? Most likely. I understand why you came up with the theory; you are having a problem understanding how this could be, and a theory like that would explain the numbers. But it is what it is.
This is useful to know. I'll definitely be less certain I know what's going on in the future.

I've already said I don't intend to press a case on BDH - I don't think my theory Is solid either,
It's just all I can come up with.

BDH: I am on the civ side, and I am gathering and presenting evidence as well as I can,
Because that's how you catch the bad guys.
If you are civ, please review my behavior throughout the game.
My evidence could have been incorrect (though I don't see how), but it was never *secret* -
I do not 'make up' cases, I do not try to get someone lynched on "my gut",
and I had every reason to believe bea was bad.
Even if, as you say, she was not.

I *also* have accomplished a great deal this game in the civ cause,
and I tend to think that that has been downright obvious, if not to its full extent.

So if you really are a civ, please think twice about this course of action.
Your opinion of me is incorrect.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would go with Occams razor, Nev~ I am sad Bea died. Unlike you, I do think she was a civ. I waffled before last night, but my experiences in this game tell me she was. I am glad, though, for another reason; before i could see what you were laying down, but i was not sure how i felt about it. Now I am.

I will not support a lynch of you, but i won't support one of BDH either.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: I will not support a lynch of you, but i won't support one of BDH either.
What about me?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

This is not a discussion of you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:This is not a discussion of you.
Everything is a discussion of me. There are just varying levels of tangents.

BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 8] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champio

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:
S~V~S wrote: That is your game play style, but it is not everyones.

This is useful to know. I'll definitely be less certain I know what's going on in the future.

I've already said I don't intend to press a case on BDH - I don't think my theory Is solid either,
It's just all I can come up with.

BDH: I am on the civ side, and I am gathering and presenting evidence as well as I can,
Because that's how you catch the bad guys.
If you are civ, please review my behavior throughout the game.
My evidence could have been incorrect (though I don't see how), but it was never *secret* -
I do not 'make up' cases, I do not try to get someone lynched on "my gut",
and I had every reason to believe bea was bad.
Even if, as you say, she was not.

I *also* have accomplished a great deal this game in the civ cause,
and I tend to think that that has been downright obvious, if not to its full extent.

So if you really are a civ, please think twice about this course of action.
Your opinion of me is incorrect.
At best, your tactics are dangerous because you are make assumptions and citing them as "evidence" which is causing civs to be put into perilous predicaments. At worst, you're a baddie scheming to create mistrust and deception amongst the players.

First you attack Bea yesterday and then basically rescind you opinion after the night post when you said:
Nevinera wrote:Well that makes sense. They wouldn't have stopped the lynch if they though bea was going to die instead, huh?

Then when I challenge you on it, you turn ME into the villain as part of your self-proclaimed unconfident fairy tale:
Nevinera wrote:To be clear, what I am positing (and this has no kind of confidence, it's just the only story I can make fit all the data):

Just in case.
And then since I again stood up to you, now suddenly your warrantless made-up story has merit all the while still not

At the very least, do you not see how inflammatory your outrageous theories are and how attacking 2 civs makes you look less than honorable? IMO civs don't act this way.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

EBWOP:

And then since I again stood up to you, now suddenly your warrantless made-up story has merit all the while still not presenting any actual facts.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

None of my theories have been remotely outrageous, and I'm careful to state my level of confidence in each theory as I describe it.

My "flip flopping" is nothing of the sort, though obviously it could seem that way if you aren't reading my meaning in those posts.

I have acted in every case as intelligently and "honorably" as I could, and I very much disagree with your characterization of my actions and behavior. I do not cite assumptions as evidence, I present observations and then described the conclusions I believe can be garnered from them in a logical fashion. I still believe my rumplestiltskin evidence against bea to have merit, though not so much that it could justify lynching you or Juliets.

And finally, I did not "attack two civs", I brought reasonable and thought-out evidence against one person, who may or may not have been a civ. I certainly didn't 'attack' *you*, which you seem to be implying - I in fact straight out told you that I didn't think there was enough evidence to make any kind of case against you. Maybe the way *you* seem to play - attempting to drive opinion by relentless characterization - that constitutes an "attack", but the way *I* play does not involve steering public opinion via emotional displays and accusations.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official

Post by BigDamnHero »

Nevinera wrote:None of my theories have been remotely outrageous, and I'm careful to state my level of confidence in each theory as I describe it.

My "flip flopping" is nothing of the sort, though obviously it could seem that way if you aren't reading my meaning in those posts.

I have acted in every case as intelligently and "honorably" as I could, and I very much disagree with your characterization of my actions and behavior. I do not cite assumptions as evidence, I present observations and then described the conclusions I believe can be garnered from them in a logical fashion. I still believe my rumplestiltskin evidence against bea to have merit, though not so much that it could justify lynching you or Juliets.

And finally, I did not "attack two civs", I brought reasonable and thought-out evidence against one person, who may or may not have been a civ. I certainly didn't 'attack' *you*, which you seem to be implying - I in fact straight out told you that I didn't think there was enough evidence to make any kind of case against you. Maybe the way *you* seem to play - attempting to drive opinion by relentless characterization - that constitutes an "attack", but the way *I* play does not involve steering public opinion via emotional displays and accusations.
How is putting a theory out there turning me into a villain NOT an attack? I read through all of your posts and you back peddle more than a toddler learning to ride a bicycle for the first time!

Here's where he posts his thoery (please note the parts where he clearly states that he has no confidence and doesn't believe any of it):

Just in case.
Then his next post:
Nevinera wrote:Yeah, that fits.
So in the span of 5 minutes, he's gone from vocalize an unbelievale theory to validating it as though it were evidence of any kind.

Saying that you have no intentions of pressing a case against me is on the same level as when someone says "No offense, but..."

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”