Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Re: [DAY 5] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Epignosis »

Logan, I voted for you because I am not staying up to 2AM and I would prefer to live. Namaste.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 23

Post by AceofSpaces »

Kinda wish I had more energy this day cycle. Just poor timing I guess. I still want to see DH lynched, because I am convinced he's bad. BUT I am voting for Epi. Because I want to see DH lynched.

You figure it out.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

S~V~S wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Does it still make you irate when people don't agree with Epignosis?
Go ahead and put words in my mouth. You know that's not what I said.
I was irate that people (civvies obviously included) were so willing to dispatch an indi that could have been targeted by Zodac.
And that was Epis theory, yes? I am not putting words in your mouth. You really do sound annoyed that people are suspecting Epi.

I disagree with the suspicion of DH, but i did not say LLama or anyone else was ridiculous for pursuing it. I am sorry if you think it is ridiculous that i suspect Epi. Now becasue of these posts, i kinda suspect you, too.

Linki, lol~ not quite Devin :)

And what about Daisy pings you exactly? Her vote for .... Epi?
They can suspect Epi all they want. It's their reasons I don't like. I apologize for offending anyone with my "ridiculous"ness. But I firmly believe we will find more than 1 baddie in the Epi voters.
And yes, SD pings me because of her reason for voting him, as do you. But like I said, I may be a bit biased ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

:offtobed:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

AceofSpaces wrote:Kinda wish I had more energy this day cycle. Just poor timing I guess. I still want to see DH lynched, because I am convinced he's bad. BUT I am voting for Epi. Because I want to see DH lynched.

You figure it out.
I am catching what you're throwing.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Russtifinko »

Caught up on lots. Responding to things I quoted in order they were posted, not necessarily an order that makes sense.
Nevinera wrote: All I will say is that I have done more for the civ cause than anyone else in the game, and that I cannot explain that remark.
Weird....I do think it's clear Nev is not a Big Daddy or a Manipulator, though. So that's good.
juliets wrote: Also, speaking of the poll, we have been spreading out the vote just a little - not a lot - to try and deal with Bob's minion. Bob's minion can kill unless s/he gets a vote so if we can block them with a vote they can't kill. We don't try and cover everyone though or we would end up not lynching anyone.
I had forgotten about this! We should definitely be finding this minion, although since she/he is all alone the other baddies are probably more of a priority.
Epignosis wrote:I will not really be available. I finally got a novel I'm supposed to read for my online course, and I have to write about it before midnight tonight. So I'm sure I'll have seventeen pages to catch up on when I do read through.
Me too, man. :sigh:
thellama73 wrote: This late in the game, however, we have a lot to go on, and lynching non-participants may be satisfying, but it is not a winning strategy for the civvies. In fact, it only benefits baddies.

I hope that is quite clear.
I have said this to you for months now, in many many games, and now you finally come around???
insertnamehere wrote:So, the name from the program is Dom. Once again, this isn't by any means a 100% decision. In fact, Day 1 is the day most likely for the Program to be incorrect, due to the small sample size. I'll be able to narrow it down more and more as the game goes on. I'm voting for Dom, but I wouldn't mind if I'm the only one, just to be safe in case of BOB.
Dear God, he DID have a program!
Spacedaisy wrote:This has been a rough couple days for me. Got word that someone who was like a little sister to me died in a car wreck yesterday morning. Couldn't sleep for more than an hour at a time last night. Needless to say I am not much I the mood for srsbsns mafia. Going to go nap.
That's horrible news, Annie. Wishing you peace.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy wrote: Also, if Moriarty's role revealing works something like - 50% real role/ 50% dead player's role, when Epi and I were revealed, only SVS had been dead, and Rey was killed by Bouncer, and INH by the butler via yours turely. So unless SVS or INH are Bouncer, it would make sense that you are too, Nev. You ducked two NK attempts in a row.
DharmaHelper wrote:Actually looking at the list of kills, it seems like either Kate or FH were big daddy.
So I'm cornfused. Kate was Big Daddy then, right? Not Nev?
thellama73 wrote:Funny, I am AWOL for most of the game and get left alone. The minute I get some free tie and start actually participating, I am lynched. This is what I always say is the fundamental flaw in this game.
I agree. This is a damn shame, and it happens too often (just happened to me in WWE as well).

I've been giving llama this :eye: all game for not participating. I'm not gonna vote him on the first day he actually shows up. Although it looks like this has been decided already.
Epignosis wrote: SNOW DAY NO WORK TOMORROW :yay:
ME TOO!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
Nevinera wrote: All I will say is that I have done more for the civ cause than anyone else in the game, and that I cannot explain that remark.
Weird....I do think it's clear Nev is not a Big Daddy or a Manipulator, though. So that's good.
I remain quite convinced that Nevinera is a jolly good fellow. If I am wrong, than he's a dashed clever one.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I'll take that into consideration, my furry friend. :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Voting stuffz:

1) Sorry to everyone for being late; if I had been reading I'd have seen you wanted an early poll and read through sooner. Glad I have time to marinate in peace now, however, with the crazy linki you were all mentioning at peak hours.

2) Again, voting llama seems stupid, but that ship has sailed.

3) I think we should look at Kate voters in the rezz poll. Also, if I were bad, I would probably not vote a teammate to get the shield, at least not all together. Too risky. I suppose bea could still be bad, but I didn't suspect her before and I won't start on one rezz vote that 10 other people made as well. 'Goose, Epi, llama, SD, Devin, BWT, juliets, Vomps, Bullz, and Ace all voted Kate in the rezz poll without voting her for the shield. I think some of them are more suspicious than others. I didn't suspect Epi and Devin before, but between this and the discussion of their agreement I'll keep an eye that way from now on. Don't think it's worth voting on right now, though. I suspect BWT, as you all know, even given the reveal, since at least 50% of those are fake (and it looks more like 75%, now, if theories about the second one always being fake are true). I also don't like Vomps jumping on bandwagons and not posting; he usually just votes himself. Unusual behavior from him that makes me suspicious. And I don't have anything solid on Bullz, and I've been baddie with him a lot so maybe it's coloring my perception, but his tone seems off to me just a teensy bit.

4) BOB's minion is still out there, as far as I know, and it doesn't look like (s)he has attempted to kill anyone yet (SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THAT IS FALSE). Based on who's gotten votes, the only players that would have been blocked both nights so far if they are a minion are bea, BWT, and Epi.

As you can see, 3 of those players fall on both of my lists, so I'll vote one of them.

Bea already self-voted, which seems un-minion-like to me, but maybe she's trying to cover her tracks. I don't know. As I said before, she hasn't pinged me much up to now. Epi already has 5 votes, so he won't be lynched today or kill tonight. May be worth considering tomorrow, though.

That brings me to BWT. I don't know what to do; I can vote him now and try to protect people in case he is a minion, or I can let him go voteless and get proof of whether he's a minion at the risk of letting someone die. DFaraday and Aces, any thoughts while you're here?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Or llama or Boomslang, since I see you guys too. I'm pretty torn on this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

At this point I'm not inclined to believe either the case against Llama or DharmaHelper. Neither strike me as being suspicious enough in their activities to say beyond reasonable doubt, at least.

I will say that Rob's playing this game has been vicious, and strikes me as possibly being an affront. Unless something drastic happens, I think I'm placing my vote on Epignosis.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

I really do not see the arguments for voting Llama. I see generally helpful participation and a spat against DH that turned ugly relatively fast. That being said, I doubt the poll is going to change much before the deadline. I haven't had too much time to get in depth with the thread, so I'm going to go with my gut and put a vote on Vomps. Deliberately obtuse behavior worries me.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DFaraday »

agleaminranks wrote:At this point I'm not inclined to believe either the case against Llama or DharmaHelper. Neither strike me as being suspicious enough in their activities to say beyond reasonable doubt, at least.

I will say that Rob's playing this game has been vicious, and strikes me as possibly being an affront. Unless something drastic happens, I think I'm placing my vote on Epignosis.
Epig is normally vicious, that's his style.

And I went with Llama because of the DH thing. I could have gone gleam or Llama, but went with the latter.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Voting stuffz:

1) Sorry to everyone for being late; if I had been reading I'd have seen you wanted an early poll and read through sooner. Glad I have time to marinate in peace now, however, with the crazy linki you were all mentioning at peak hours.

3) I think we should look at Kate voters in the rezz poll. Also, if I were bad, I would probably not vote a teammate to get the shield, at least not all together. Too risky. I suppose bea could still be bad, but I didn't suspect her before and I won't start on one rezz vote that 10 other people made as well. 'Goose, Epi, llama, SD, Devin, BWT, juliets, Vomps, Bullz, and Ace all voted Kate in the rezz poll without voting her for the shield. I think some of them are more suspicious than others. I didn't suspect Epi and Devin before, but between this and the discussion of their agreement I'll keep an eye that way from now on. Don't think it's worth voting on right now, though. I suspect BWT, as you all know, even given the reveal, since at least 50% of those are fake (and it looks more like 75%, now, if theories about the second one always being fake are true). I also don't like Vomps jumping on bandwagons and not posting; he usually just votes himself. Unusual behavior from him that makes me suspicious. And I don't have anything solid on Bullz, and I've been baddie with him a lot so maybe it's coloring my perception, but his tone seems off to me just a teensy bit.

4) BOB's minion is still out there, as far as I know, and it doesn't look like (s)he has attempted to kill anyone yet (SOMEONE PLEASE CORRECT ME IF THAT IS FALSE). Based on who's gotten votes, the only players that would have been blocked both nights so far if they are a minion are bea, BWT, and Epi.

As you can see, 3 of those players fall on both of my lists, so I'll vote one of them.

Bea already self-voted, which seems un-minion-like to me, but maybe she's trying to cover her tracks. I don't know. As I said before, she hasn't pinged me much up to now. Epi already has 5 votes, so he won't be lynched today or kill tonight. May be worth considering tomorrow, though.

That brings me to BWT. I don't know what to do; I can vote him now and try to protect people in case he is a minion, or I can let him go voteless and get proof of whether he's a minion at the risk of letting someone die. DFaraday and Aces, any thoughts while you're here?
rusti - halter Mock Turtle amoroso letter always willing harrowing luteous vote to prove I'm not a blowhole. because I'm Golden Genie. I've got votes viridescence Link McCloud in a row now. Hot Soup I gave myself this last one.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, I didn't realize there were so many people left who hadn't voted. If you guys don't like the llama case either, we could easily have formed a voting bloc and stopped it.....

Also, you should read my last post please.

linki: Yay, bea read my post! And bea, as I said there, I find you the least suspicious of you, BWT, and Epi by a long shot. So don't worry about it too much. I hope that responds to what you were trying to say.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Bea, what do you think of my BWT-or-not-BWT thoughts? Maybe a 'yes' or 'no' to voting him today will come out understandable.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Well, I didn't realize there were so many people left who hadn't voted. If you guys don't like the llama case either, we could easily have formed a voting bloc and stopped it.....

Also, you should read my last post please.

linki: Yay, bea read my post! And bea, as I said there, I find you the least suspicious of you, BWT, and Epi by a long shot. So don't worry about it too much. I hope that responds to what you were trying to say.
it's Red Rook so much what you were saying.
As it Golden Genie what I've been trying to say the whole time. Scout Pixie am thought, curious as Jagang how you've gone from completely movables me -

to now being tracked the "bottom end:" goodie team your suspish list. :( restlessness don't know pragmatical I did to Unsatisfactory Sandwich that.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Bea, what do you think of my BWT-or-not-BWT thoughts? Maybe a 'yes' or 'no' to voting him today will come out understandable.
BWT= particulars big eye. cookshop have very not unvarying Bean archtraitor realism. He came off our less than stellar baddie soundminded Turnip Head fisc bring chowchow misclassified the sabulous game." villain well....he suspeted livret on weak reasons and concluding suppliant sudorific less than stellar irregularity. I protect hieroglyphical for Karma Chameleon Human to not bending Yin Yang streetwalker falling short tbh.

also - I really wish I weren't insanified because I have thoughts that are too complex to express atm.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Thanks? I think that means you agree with me. And the suspicion list doesn't have to do with your in-thread behavior. I didn't suspect you before on that and I still don't. So like I said, don't worry. I'm not flipping on you.

It's just votes: you're one of three people who could be the minion. But I really don't think it's you, based partly on your self-vote. And you also voted Kate for both the shield and the rezz. That means you could be on her team, but again, I doubt it because voting her both times seems too obvious.

Linki: Hahahahaha. Did you forget to insanify that last line? And I think I'm getting the gist, if not all the details.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Gonna vote BWT, and push to lynch either him or Epi tomorrow. No reason to let people die needlessly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

lackwit scum at nincompoop Merlin the Wizzard mismanage can laugh with me at this:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Thanks? I think that means you agree with me. And the suspicion list doesn't have to do with your in-thread behavior. I didn't suspect you before on that and I still don't. So like I said, don't worry. I'm not flipping on you.

It's just votes: you're one of three people who could be the minion. But I really don't think it's you, based partly on your self-vote. And you also voted Kate for both the shield and the rezz. That means you could be on her team, but again, I doubt it because voting her both times seems too obvious.

Linki: Hahahahaha. Did you forget to insanify that last line? And I think I'm getting the gist, if not all the details.

no. didn't forget deoxidization chowchow targeted insanifer is abducting.

I Living Statue NEVER cheat it. Spirit Oracle
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

streetwalker pilferer sugarplum passed the shield Grego streetwalker antaphrodisiac. IDK if it's assistance their best Planter to night Piggies it or Zelda.

But communicatory is reprint my license pamphleteer nullity say Rose did uncivilized targeted on lectureship instructive livret thought inky civ.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well now I'm completely lost. I guess I didn't know what you were saying after all. Hopefully you can clear it up at Night. Still comfortable with my BWT vote, though. Also,
bea wrote:streetwalker antaphrodisiac
hehe. I'm not into that either. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

infliction Planter overhaul I've said mammiliform negatively khansaman say it enjoy - phrensy will continue LaezyDaezy self abducted sudorific it means that lief wants desolation kill. earache not the palliative but revivalist endaemonism wants to fellows me, I'll ingrafted DAMN keenness I harrowing osteopathist spinney in each poll to stop them from killing.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Russtifinko wrote:Well now I'm completely lost. I guess I didn't know what you were saying after all. Hopefully you can clear it up at Night. Still comfortable with my BWT vote, though. Also,
bea wrote:streetwalker antaphrodisiac
hehe. I'm not into that either. :p
it's the decompound roarer plainspoken the insanifier. daguerreotype long as you are short and sweet.

It's pretty ok.

But fellows Golden Genie chatty.
I think your senatorship revivalist moresque ok regulars. tbh
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Russtifinko wrote:Voting stuffz:

Thank you Russti, this is the synopsis of many of my current thoughts after reading. Glad to see we are covering the three possible minions today, but ai am not entirely convinced that it has to be day 1 and 2 based on the fact that there have been some unknown additional kills. However, this may have been explained by the recent role reveals that Nev and Dh were discussing.

From reading through the thread I am feeling that its likely going to be a civ Llama getting lynched. So will definitely be reexaming some of his voters if thats the case. I am not sure that the case on Epi is particularly great based on his info, but I am not reading him as civ either this game as things progress. He's just not as ferocious a baddie hunter as I am used to in his recent civvie-ness, which could be due to other things irl. His chaos inducing stunt with OK Computer, plus his tone as the game goes on is not sitting well with me the more I think about it.

Votes Epi

We are all getting sick here, so an extended break for night is great. So sorry to hear about your friend Daisy :hug:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Nevinera »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm also starting feel that I helped rez a baddie in SVS. But I may be a bit biased there.
I don't get that impression. You know, in my gut.

Nice synopsis Russ, and I forgot to do that minion analysis.
Glad they got covered, though I'd have left one open.
I think figuring out who the killer is is definitely worth one death, especially since a number of us seem to have nk defenses.

@Hedge: I second your feels about epi, and am more and more wishing I had stuck with my original voting intent.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I have like 10 minutes before I have to leave for work... Just enough time for a post!!! Right?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 5

Who is a murderer?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:01:17 am

agleaminranks
Sherlock (2), BigDamnHero (5) 7%

bea
bea (17) 4%

BigDamnHero
No votes

birdwithteeth11
Russtifinko (26) 4%

blindfaeth
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DharmaHelper
thellama73 (6), Lizzy (9), Vompatti (20) 11%

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis
Spacedaisy (7), S~V~S (14), birdwithteeth11 (15), blindfaeth (18), AceofSpaces (23), Hedgeowl (27) 22%

Flyin' High
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

juliets
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
DharmaHelper (8), Nevinera (10), Devin the Omniscient (11), Flyin' High (12), Mongoose (13), juliets (16), Elohcin (19), Bullzeye (21), Epignosis
(22), DFaraday (24) 37%

Vompatti
Boomslang (25) 4%

MovingPictures07 (host, deadies, non-players ONLY)
MovingPictures07 (1), kneel4justice (3), Kate (4) 11%
Total votes : 27

Missing votes: None!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 5: Failures

"Really?" taunted Sherlock.

No one has been lynched.

It is now Night 5. You have roughly 39 hours to send in your night PMs.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 5] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Note: You have about 39 hours to send in night PMs. So that will set us at 10:00PM EST or so. The only reason I did that is because of class dragging the deadline late tonight. I'll push it back earlier in the evening next cycle.

I will put up the Night 5 Event post when I get home.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

MovingPictures07 wrote: No one has been lynched.
So I'm seeing these possibilities (some more remote than others):

Fetus
MacGuyver
Grady (two lynch stops accumulated so far, right?)
Cohen
percy (but unlikely - I don't think Llama would have expected the lynch the night before),
king of town (but randomly getting a lynch avoid the eve of being lynched?)

Of the likely candidates, one is a civ, one just went halfway to LMS, one is a baddie, and one is LMS.
On the other hand, if he's a MG or Fetus, lynching him more won't hurt him,
and cohen or grady would both need two more lynches to die.

I'm also not sure how Mycroft's power functions - whether the lynch would not happen, or it would show up as a rez afterward.
If Mycroft saved Llama, could he or she please say something nonsensical including the word cheese?

Given that, I find him a reasonable target of last resort - lynching him cannot *hurt* the civ cause (aside from wasting a lynch), and it has decent odds of helping.
Henceforth, I will probably put my vote there if I can't find something solid to vote for.
Unless cheese, of course.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I hope he's not MacGuyver, because this lynch probably got him an NK if he is.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Nevinera wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: No one has been lynched.
So I'm seeing these possibilities (some more remote than others):

Fetus
MacGuyver
Grady (two lynch stops accumulated so far, right?)
Cohen
percy (but unlikely - I don't think Llama would have expected the lynch the night before),
king of town (but randomly getting a lynch avoid the eve of being lynched?)

Of the likely candidates, one is a civ, one just went halfway to LMS, one is a baddie, and one is LMS.
On the other hand, if he's a MG or Fetus, lynching him more won't hurt him,
and cohen or grady would both need two more lynches to die.

I'm also not sure how Mycroft's power functions - whether the lynch would not happen, or it would show up as a rez afterward.
If Mycroft saved Llama, could he or she please say something nonsensical including the word cheese?

Given that, I find him a reasonable target of last resort - lynching him cannot *hurt* the civ cause (aside from wasting a lynch), and it has decent odds of helping.
Henceforth, I will probably put my vote there if I can't find something solid to vote for.
Unless cheese, of course.
Isn't it also possible that there was a tie? IDK what the final vote tally was, but I'm pretty sure there are some vote manipulations in this game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

blindfaeth wrote: Isn't it also possible that there was a tie? IDK what the final vote tally was, but I'm pretty sure there are some vote manipulations in this game.
I looked again at the roles and the decoded secrets and didn't see anything mentioning vote manipulations. Are you thinking the manips might come from somewhere besides the roles BF?

On a completely different subject regarding voting Kate for the rezz, I didn't have any information that led me to believe she was bad or I wouldn't have voted her. I was just a little worried about FH at the time because it didn't seem like she had been doing much analysis of things which is a hallmark of civvie FH. Since she's been back though she has, so I'm ready to chalk my previous small ping up to it being too early in the game to do much analysis.

Nev, thanks for the analysis on who llama might be it saved me going through to find every role that had a save or stop.

Llama, did you know you would not be lynched?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

blindfaeth wrote: Isn't it also possible that there was a tie? IDK what the final vote tally was, but I'm pretty sure there are some vote manipulations in this game.
There are some vote manipulations present - ManEFaces and Mr Ibis both have some fiddly bits, and percy can use both of those powers.
I also would be surprised if none of the 'different power every night' powers were vote manips.

But from the decoded secrets: " Additionally, Zodac decides who is lynched in the event of any ties."
Maybe he could decide 'nobody', but I don't really see that happening.

Regardless, I think that if it had been a tie, we would have gotten a description of Zodac deciding not to kill anybody 'to preserve the balance'.
juliets wrote:Llama, did you know you would not be lynched?
Unless cheese!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

juliets wrote:
I looked again at the roles and the decoded secrets and didn't see anything mentioning vote manipulations. Are you thinking the manips might come from somewhere besides the roles BF?

On a completely different subject regarding voting Kate for the rezz, I didn't have any information that led me to believe she was bad or I wouldn't have voted her. I was just a little worried about FH at the time because it didn't seem like she had been doing much analysis of things which is a hallmark of civvie FH. Since she's been back though she has, so I'm ready to chalk my previous small ping up to it being too early in the game to do much analysis.

Nev, thanks for the analysis on who llama might be it saved me going through to find every role that had a save or stop.

Llama, did you know you would not be lynched?
No, see Nevin's post above. I'd also add Rumpelstiltson (sp?) to that list, since some people's votes may have been worth double if they said a particular word

As far as Zodac deciding who to lynch, in the original game where he was featured, he actually decided during the night phase - so it would look as though no one was lynched during the day, and then they would be effectively lynched in the night post. I kind of agree that maybe just no one was lynched because of the lack of detail in the night post, but also busy MP is busy.
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Isn't Lizzy Mycroft? So she could just say, "Hey, I did/didn't use my power to save llama." Unless she wants to hold her lynch saves close to her chest as to not let the baddies know how many she's used/has left which I'd understand.

Lizzy did vote DH rather than llama, so I suppose her saving llama would make sense as a possibility. But it doesn't tell us anything about llama.
ImageImage

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I should have had more coffee before looking for those vote manips.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Honestly, I'm glad no one has been lynched [yet]. I was starting to feel better about llama due his last couple of posts before the lynch post, but Nev's role analysis on llama makes me hesitate further (thank you for doing that btw, Nev). I will point out that the downside to llama potentially being Sander Cohen is that he would no longer be able to win with anyone who has voted for him so far (and that's no small number). So if the latter is the case, I am truely sorry, llama.

SVS, I'm going to throw in the towel and agree to disagree. I know what I meant. You know what you meant. Lynch Epi for all I care. I'm quite curious to see his role and whether or not it was worth the argument. I got a few :eyeballs: from it (which I don't understand at all) so thus far it hasn't been worth it.

I'm going to go back to voting my good friend BWT tomorrow. I kinda sorta regret not doing that yesterday.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Nevinera wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm also starting feel that I helped rez a baddie in SVS. But I may be a bit biased there.
I don't get that impression. You know, in my gut.
I do know what you mean. I only said this because she was against me in the "discussion" yesterday. And last time that happened (WWE) she was bad.... But so was I... But that's not the point ;)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

However, I will not be voting for SVS any time soon unless something drasticly changes. I might even take a mild change in circumstances but we'll see :)

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Ahhh I'm relieved in a way as I would have felt awful for literally years if I had been a part of a lynch that ousted llama in the Championships. I need some time to mull over my next move. I'm not inclined to vote him on consecutive days in case a civ used a lynch save/switch on him. I was convinced he was Zodac but I need to regroup a bit.

Good outline, Nev.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm actually perfectly fine with the result of that, given I'm still unsure about llama. Although given Nev's breakdown, it sounds like voting for him would be good for civs. But there's no guarantee he would die either, so I'll probably hold off on him for now.

I think Epig is still my #1 priority though. And I will most likely be voting him again tomorrow.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm going to go back to voting my good friend BWT tomorrow. I kinda sorta regret not doing that yesterday.
But shouldn't you be open to expanding your mind, looking for clarity, and trying to view the world through a different lens?

Okay, enough with the philosophical bullshit. :P Is it still the same reasons you mentioned before, or is there something else that has you further convinced I'm bad?

Also (and I would direct this question to anyone who has/will consider voting for me), what do you think of Epig?
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I forgot to say this yesterday and wanted to make a point of it. Now that the role secrets have revealed Zodac as a true indy and not an SK, I don't think finding him or lynching him should be a priority at all. I for one would be as thrilled to win with Zodac as without him. I also think this means we don't have to watch what we say at night as closely, because even if Zodac knows who we're going to lycnh, he'd theoretically onyl use his power to save himself and not to lynch civs.

Thanks for the analysis, Nev. Mathematically, it sounds like voting llama is a good move. However, I'd still very much like to hear from him, because my gut was screaming civ at me at the end of yesterday, and llama's a big asset if he's on our side.

Hedge, I agree it's not certain that BOB's minion is among those 3. Hopefully tonight brings a bit more clarity.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Also (and I would direct this question to anyone who has/will consider voting for me), what do you think of Epig?
I haven't been as pinged by Epi as a lot of people seem to, which is unusual for me. I remember saying that the case on him seemed like a party line, actually. Now I'm less sure. He's on my list of possible BOB recruits and possible Kate teammates, like you, so he's moved up a lot on my suspect list. I also thought your point about Dom supporting him was interesting.

Does anyone know if Dom and Epi (or BWT, for that matter) are friends irl? I think that if they are, Dom could have recruited Epi, because in every recruitment game I've been in, people tend to recruit people they'd have a good time being baddies with. Even if they're not, recruiting Epi could have been a good move because he's been a successful baddie in the past; I'm just wondering if anything else can shine light on the situation.

Also, bea, what were you trying to say yesterday? I feel like I wasn't getting it, and I'd like to.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I'm going to go back to voting my good friend BWT tomorrow. I kinda sorta regret not doing that yesterday.
But shouldn't you be open to expanding your mind, looking for clarity, and trying to view the world through a different lens?

Okay, enough with the philosophical bullshit. :P Is it still the same reasons you mentioned before, or is there something else that has you further convinced I'm bad?

Also (and I would direct this question to anyone who has/will consider voting for me), what do you think of Epig?
Mmmmm No.

Same reasons :p I remain unconvinced and I believe your civ reveal was a set up :noble: It could just as easily have been the one typed into the NP as Nev's.

Also, I have no ideas about Epi yet. I just won't be voting for him until have a decent enough reason to.

Russti, I feel exactly the same way about Zodac now that the secrets have been revealed.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

Nevin, I have no real issues with Zodac at this point. In WWE i had no issues with CBK until she killed a civvie. Even though i was not one myself, lol, I felt that made her bad, and this a danger to all. So, i have no intention of seeking him out, or making a production of it should I accidentally run into him. Hell, he's my hero at this point for bringing me back, knowing my stance on Indies. I appreciate that, and understand the gesture. Just saying :)

Dom & Epi are not RL friends, and I don't know that Dom would recruit Epi. I know Dom pretty well, but it did not occur to me to look at who he may have recruited. Had i been alive on night 2, I think he would have tried to recruit me possibly, not sure who else though. I would have to think about that.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”