Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 307

Re: [DAY 7] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Nevinera »

Mongoose wrote: * I'll believe Nev about voting Llama being a fruitless endeavor. For today.
You 'believe' me? It's pure logic, there is no hidden information or claims of personal recognition of subtle cues.
All there is, in my opinion, is: We lynched him, and he didn't die.
That piece of information limits his list of possible roles severely, and *not a single one* of those roles can be lynched
in less than three tries (since we know delbert got at least two lynch stops).
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Also, reasons for voting BWT? I suspect him as well...just wondering your thoughts. I didn't really see an explanation with your vote.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Devin the Omniscient wrote::haha: I had no idea about BDH and bea. That's great!
Devin - Thanks! Believe it or not, I wasn't even supposed to know BDH was my beloved. We played mafia together with several people here on LP and HV. He'd pretty much dropped out of playing mafia all together. But he liked Daisy's Homstar game and he wanted the chance to be a "new" person in mafia. (It's a refreshing experience if you haven't ever played on other sites etc. It's almost like being new all over again.) It wasn't hard for me to figure out that the new player was my sweetie when I was suddenly logged out of a site I set to keep myself always logged into and there was a new player playing the game. Somethings you just can't hide. Doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong, just means that when you live together you can look at different evidence.

I respected his wishes and so I never let on that he was the guy I just married. Even in the Homestar game, our bts partners never knew we were a couple.

FWIW - he's better at reading me than I am at him, but I'm thinking civ this time around too. I'd not been weighing in on him particularly because I was having a hard time trying to think of how to defend him w/o blowing his "he's just a stranger I played one game with" cover.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:@Fh: I'm st work on ohine so hafta make thus quick...it's not just her role hints. I have outside access that no other player does. Evryone's gotta trust me on this: BEA IS A CIV.
This sounds a little like illegal BTSC :ponder:

Can you better explain yourself? I am a bit weirded out by your post.
keep reading. Not illegal bts - more like how epi can read you. ;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

S~V~S wrote:Then again, it is totally possible that the two of you are totes manipulating me, since you two are the people most likely to be able to manipulate me.

Who is on your short list? Your long list?
SVS are you asking me? Just in case you are I have 3 people on my short list: llama, bea, and vomps. llama is out for a vote today and bea was my next choice but this bdh information has me uneasy, as i just said. So, I'm thinking I'm going to go with Vomps. As for a long list, I dont have one. I don't think I've ever had a long list because I don't count small pings until they are backed up with either something stronger from a gut feel standpoint or good solid evidence.

I'm still waiting because I still cant tell if i'm going to have to vote a save. bea, by the way, there are two hours left until the vote is over.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Well, I'm not buying any of this quasi-illegal "I leave tabs open so people can read me" business. I'm voting Bea.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Elohcin wrote:
BigDamnHero wrote:@Fh: I'm st work on ohine so hafta make thus quick...it's not just her role hints. I have outside access that no other player does. Evryone's gotta trust me on this: BEA IS A CIV.
This sounds a little like illegal BTSC :ponder:

Can you better explain yourself? I am a bit weirded out by your post.
Cough cough "illegal btsc"? So that's what the kids are calling it these days? ;) I think this is pot meet kettle moment for you and Epi too. :D

Ok, just barely caught up on all the crazy shenanigans.

The analysis I like most so far was the case put forth by DH on Vomps is Jack. It might be annoying if he survives another lynch, but might as well get it out of the way.

Nev - I didn't actually mean just you indicating role knowledge. Lots of people have saying it should be obvious who they are or so and so it etc. I suck at this part of the game, so I always feel left out :pout: or that they are lying.

I do have a question though about Nev and SVS. Nev seemed fairly sure that SVS knew who he was, but SVS has given no indication as such and seems to think he is in fact bad for stating we should wait to lynch Llama. I think he is stating merely that we should wait because if he is Fetus then it's a waste.

If you clear that up that would be much appreciated.

For now voting Vomps.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 327

Post by S~V~S »

I don't think Devin is bad, bit I have no idea of his role.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
Mongoose wrote: * I'll believe Nev about voting Llama being a fruitless endeavor. For today.
You 'believe' me? It's pure logic, there is no hidden information or claims of personal recognition of subtle cues.
That piece of information limits his list of possible roles severely, and *not a single one* of those roles can be lynched
OK. So - say all of that. It's going to take many times to lynch him to get him. Let's not waste a lynch now.

My question is when then? When do we burn through the saves built in and get someone we think is bad out of the game? At end game? When the numbers are severely limited?

I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying it seems to me that the time to burn through people's lynch protects is at the beginning of the game. When is the right "later" time to go after someone you think is likely bad?

linki - juliets - I caught that - I woke up late - am used to subtracting 2 hours from all times I see - was under cafinated and rushing to hit the grocery store before the sun went down and the temperature dropped (20 degrees is a big deal when you are walking a couple blocks) - I figured it out. I totally nubbed my worry about the lynch time ending. :blush:

linki with hedgy -ok - yes. Fetus is someone I can see waiting on. That's a fair point as well - please to clear up nev.

In fact - I really should just erase this whole message and say "what hedge said" but I spent so much time typing it...

more linki - I don't think devin is bad either - and he and I are the only ones who have been worried about teefies since pretty much the beginning. Devin's actually pretty consistently voted teefies even when I wanted to try to give him the botd.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:I don't think Devin is bad, bit I have no idea of his role.
If this was in response to me I was asking about Nevinera. Is that who you meant?

:hugs: Bea Linki for big posts.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

:hug: hedgey. :)

Iz a big girl! :D
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
I feel like you've been a bit condescending.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

* Voted Vomp & Circumstance *
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

BDH is Diggs. I get it now. :blush:

Anyway, I went with bea because she is my top suspicion for the reasons I've outlined.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
just a tad.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Flyin' High wrote:BDH is Diggs. I get it now. :blush:

Anyway, I went with bea because she is my top suspicion for the reasons I've outlined.

just now?

and again - dispite the fact that you know he's diggz - I'm still super bad?

Fair enough. The role I get lynched with is my role.

I'm not Martell.

I wasn't the seamer in sawyers game and I'm not the seamer in this one. I know - only end game will prove that, but at least in end game I'll get to hear "yea, we knew you weren't Martell, but it was a GREAT chance to get people to quit thinking about the role and once you were gone, we could use your role when Martell was lynched because well - heck - everyone already thought you were that role anyway."

Just sayin...
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

I get the being married thing for sure. However BDH didn't use that in his explanation. He was very obscure IMO. I'd still like to hear it from him that that's what he meant. Anyway...I'm going with BWT.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I have never really understaood the case against BWT. Can someone recap hat for me at some point?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I can recap what bugged *me* about teefies. I prolly missed other things.

Here's what bugged *me* about teefies. 1) He went from me being the "most likely civ" in the shield poll to "OMG Bea is bad!" in like 99 seconds. He asked me to address things that, you know, if he read to the bottom of the page he was quoting he'd have seen I DID indeed address. Then he voted me because "I hadn't addressed things and I've got nothing more to go on."

Devin saw it right away too. And he's been pretty relentless about teefies being bad.

I wanted to give him the BOTD. Because, I'm me. I always try to give peeps the BOTD. I even said at one point - Teefies - we were *just* baddie teammates together, we - with your permission - threw you under the buss because you said you couldn't keep up. In bts - you promised you'd be more active this game, when is that happening? I keep waiting for it to happen and it isn't happening. I don't even think he responded to this.

TBH - if I weren't so worried about saving myself - I'd throw my vote on teefies on principle at this point.

That said - if comes down to saving myself by voting Vomp - I'm pretty ok with it. DH made some solid points. Getting rid of Jack would be waaay better than lynching me.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying it seems to me that the time to burn through people's lynch protects is at the beginning of the game. When is the right "later" time to go after someone you think is likely bad?

linki - juliets - I caught that - I woke up late - am used to subtracting 2 hours from all times I see - was under cafinated and rushing to hit the grocery store before the sun went down and the temperature dropped (20 degrees is a big deal when you are walking a couple blocks) - I figured it out. I totally nubbed my worry about the lynch time ending. :blush:

linki with hedgy -ok - yes. Fetus is someone I can see waiting on. That's a fair point as well - please to clear up nev.
Mongoose wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm coming across that way. I'm actually just getting insanely frustrated by peopleskimming my posts and pretending to have read them in full.
I've explained very *very* thoroughly and many times in the past day.
I'll link a few of my more detailed posts on that topic:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 018#p55018
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 893#p54893
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 864#p54864

And then I'll explain my logic again.

Llama has survived a lynch. That means he's one of:
MacGuyver, Fetus, Cohen, Delbert, Jack.
Of those, Fetus is lynch immune until later in the game, macguyver is good (and lynch immune), cohen is absolutely zero threat,
Delbert doesn't have the kill, and Jack is much more likely vompatti.
I believe him to be cohen, because that role would cause a much more passive playstyle,
and would encourage llama to be mostly absent as he has been.

In any case, if we lynch him today, he will not die.
If we lynch him *again* tomorrow, he might or might not die.
In only one of those possibilities (the second least likely one), would our *three* lynches have provided any advantage to us.
On the other hand, if we wait until the other (better) suspects for baddie roles are revealed, then we remove night kills faster,
and we give meatboy a chance to make fetus vulnerable before we try again.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

bea wrote: I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just saying it seems to me that the time to burn through people's lynch protects is at the beginning of the game. When is the right "later" time to go after someone you think is likely bad?

Mongoose wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm coming across that way. I'm actually just getting insanely frustrated by peopleskimming my posts and pretending to have read them in full.
I've explained very *very* thoroughly and many times in the past day.
I'll link a few of my more detailed posts on that topic:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 018#p55018
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 893#p54893
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 864#p54864

And then I'll explain my logic again.

Llama has survived a lynch. That means he's one of:
MacGuyver, Fetus, Cohen, Delbert, Jack.
Of those, Fetus is lynch immune until later in the game, macguyver is good (and lynch immune), cohen is absolutely zero threat,
Delbert doesn't have the kill, and Jack is much more likely vompatti.
I believe him to be cohen, because that role would cause a much more passive playstyle,
and would encourage llama to be mostly absent as he has been.

In any case, if we lynch him today, he will not die.
If we lynch him *again* tomorrow, he might or might not die.
In only one of those possibilities (the second least likely one), would our *three* lynches have provided any advantage to us.
On the other hand, if we wait until the other (better) suspects for baddie roles are revealed, then we remove night kills faster,
and we give meatboy a chance to make fetus vulnerable before we try again.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Damnit, double post (sorry for the double wall of text).
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

BDH's posts do give me pause, because I can't think of a single reason for him to behave as he is.
But I've been able to say that a lot lately.
Hopefully at the end of the game someone will be able to explain wth has been going on.

Votes *bea*.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

devin - by all means - you've been the one following this more than I - if you have more to add - please do.

linkie - NEV.

I'm very sorry I'm frustrating you.

I'm not intending to and I DO feel really really bad about how I handled Friday morning in general - so I fully admited I missed LOTS of things you posted because you posted a lot - that I was at best skimming. And I KNEW I hadn't read it all as well as I should. Thank you for the links. It makes my life a little easier.

Is there something in those posts - that still bothers you about me? Something you want me to address?

We're getting down to the wire

:sigh: I really wish you'd have waited till I wasn't in linki land before you voted.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nev - I don't disagree with you; in fact, I made a post stating agreeing with you, so that is why I took a mild and polite issue with your tone (when I'm not failing to understand your logic or disagree with you at all).

Maybe you thought me saying "For today" was me saying I'd believe you, for today instead of just legit believe you. I meant I'd hold off on voting Logan for today at least. Otherwise, it just seems like semantics.

I will happily believe you are not being non-felicitous on purpose (and figured as much) but appreciate you saying so.

If anyone was wondering, the bad smell at the library was some feta cheese that had been left for god knows how long. I don't think I'll ever eat it again, which is sad because I have half a block in the fridge at home.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

BDH's posts seem to give lots of people pause, but they vote anyhow. Good to know.

And sometimes things happen that are not in the secrets. In socl games, like ALL THE TIME.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

well - if you can never eat feta again, I hate to see good feta go to waste - if you can send it to me like in a cooler or something so it *doesn't* go bad, I'd gladly take it off your hands. :D)

Thank you svs. :)

I knew at least in 2 things I was right about -bringing you back and bringing lizzy back.

I'm pretty sure my shield pass off was good as well, but I haven't seen anything to confirm it and it's likely in the civs best interests that I don't.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

<3
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Nevinera wrote:BDH's posts do give me pause, because I can't think of a single reason for him to behave as he is.
Hopefully at the end of the game someone will be able to explain wth has been going on.

Votes *bea*.
I can't figure it out either but I'm uncomfortable enough to not vote for bea because of it. Maybe that will change as time goes by (if bea lives through today).

I think we're far enough into the votes that I can vote now and I'm voting for Vomps. I think the analysis about him being Jack holds water.
*votes Vomps*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Thanks for the BWT explanation, bea! I'll have to think on him some more.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
Nevinera wrote:BDH's posts do give me pause, because I can't think of a single reason for him to behave as he is.

Votes *bea*.
I can't figure it out either but I'm uncomfortable enough to not vote for bea because of it. Maybe that will change as time goes by (if bea lives through today).

I think we're far enough into the votes that I can vote now and I'm voting for Vomps. I think the analysis about him being Jack holds water.
*votes Vomps*
This doesn't do much to dissuade me that you are on Bea's team.

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Voted for *bea* to protect myself.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Depending on how this comes out, i will have some serious eyeballs for those that heard a srs opinion on someones game, and voted anyhow.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

juliets wrote:

Votes *bea*.

*votes Vomps*
JC - BDH = diggz. I thought we cleared that up - but I'll say it again.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:Depending on how this comes out, i will have some serious eyeballs for those that heard a srs opinion on someones game, and voted anyhow.
Indeed, and I don't think it's going to end well.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Vompatti wrote:Voted for *bea* to protect myself.
vompi - I understand that vote.

Please don't be offended when I do the same.

Also - I think you might be Jack.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 110

Post by timmer »

Interesting, it looks like we may hand the kynch to Zodac to decide! Assuming Bea votes for Vomps to save herself, which she certainly will.

I'm torn about BDHs statement about Bea. The case against her seems fine, and bdhs "trust me, its out of game stuff" feels like a rule break honestly, but that doesn't mean he may not be right. I'm happy with the case, though, its built on good logic.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Depending on how this comes out, i will have some serious eyeballs for those that heard a srs opinion on someones game, and voted anyhow.
Indeed, and I don't think it's going to end well.
Your pensive mongoose avi cracks me up every time i see it :D
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:

Votes *bea*.

*votes Vomps*
This doesn't do much to dissuade me that you are on Bea's team.
Well, if you read the thread you saw in my conversation with svs that bea was high on my list. BDH's post though gives me great pause, and I'm not sure why it didnt give you great pause. I knew if I didnt vote for bea people like you would point that out but I'll be damned if I'll vote someone i have serious doubts about just because others might think its because she is my teamie.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

S~V~S wrote:BDH's posts seem to give lots of people pause, but they vote anyhow. Good to know.
And sometimes things happen that are not in the secrets. In socl games, like ALL THE TIME.
What are we supposed to do, aside from doubt but continue on? He's given no reasons, arguments, logic, not even any hints.
Just "Trust me".
Well I don't.

I've been racking my brain about what stuff could be happening behind the scenes, and I can't think of anything savory that would do this sort of thing.
Perhaps later in the game (or after) it will become obvious what you're doing and why, and I'll feel like a moron.
bea wrote: Is there something in those posts - that still bothers you about me? Something you want me to address?
There's not really anything for you to address. I understand all of your explanations and arguments,
I just don't buy them. If I'm wrong about you, then I'll apologize.. but I don't think it's likely.
I don't play on instincts and guts much, I vote based as purely on logic and observation as I'm able.
That's why I'm such a fan of the shared-word counts - they are *not* subjective, and cannot be twisted.
If you flip innocent (for real), then I'll be simply *astounded* by the odds.
Mongoose wrote:Nev - I don't disagree with you; in fact, I made a post stating agreeing with you, so that is why I took a mild and polite issue with your tone (when I'm not failing to understand your logic or disagree with you at all).
Maybe you thought me saying "For today" was me saying I'd believe you, for today instead of just legit believe you. I meant I'd hold off on voting Logan for today at least. Otherwise, it just seems like semantics.
I apologize for my tone to all of you. Frustration is no excuse for being an ass.

And yes, I did misunderstand your meaning Mongoose, not that it should have mattered.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The thing is, i don;t know that i trust you.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

timmer wrote:Interesting, it looks like we may hand the kynch to Zodac to decide! Assuming Bea votes for Vomps to save herself, which she certainly will.
Fine by me. I think they are likely both bad, so it's win-win.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I can't respond to every little thing all of you post. I'm ri-donk-ulously busy lately. Most days I'm getting home from work and I'm too tired to do much with mafia other than catch up, because mentally I can't think of anything intelligent to add to the conversation. If that's going to be your justification for voting for me, then go for it. It'll backfire on you.

Also, sorry if that sounds cranky. It isn't directed at any one person specifically and I don't want it to be taken offensively. I actually AM really tired right now lol.

I can see the cases on bea, Vomps, llama, and juliets. Out of those 4 though, I think bea is the one most likely to die if we lynch her. Plus BDH coming in and saying we shouldn't vote for her for some super-secret reason was what tipped the scale for me. If he had come in and said something along the lines of, "I can read bea well, and I think she's civvie", then it would have given me pause. But I'm not willing to put blind trust into someone I'm unsure about. Sorry if I'm wrong here.

Votes bea

Linki X2
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:Interesting, it looks like we may hand the kynch to Zodac to decide! Assuming Bea votes for Vomps to save herself, which she certainly will.

I'm torn about BDHs statement about Bea. The case against her seems fine, and bdhs "trust me, its out of game stuff" feels like a rule break honestly, but that doesn't mean he may not be right. I'm happy with the case, though, its built on good logic.
Timmer was so looking for BDH's opinion on me then when he gave it, this is his response.

this is particularly interesting to me as in Homestar Timmer was on my baddie team and I was all very "I'm sorry but we have to do bts stealthy like - I share a computer with a player" and Timmer if I remember correctly said "let's just keep bts to PM's then."

Now that you know he's the guy I married? You're still torn about his ability to read me or my habits?''

linkie with teefies - yup - "some super secret reason."
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hes her husband.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Nevinera wrote:
S~V~S wrote:BDH's posts seem to give lots of people pause, but they vote anyhow. Good to know.
What are we supposed to do, aside from doubt but continue on? He's given no reasons, arguments, logic, not even any hints.
Just "Trust me".
Well I don't.

I've been racking my brain about what stuff could be happening behind the scenes, and I can't think of anything savory that would do this sort of thing.
Perhaps later in the game (or after) it will become obvious what you're doing and why, and I'll feel like a moron.
bea wrote: Is there something in those posts - that still bothers you about me? Something you want me to address?
There's not really anything for you to address. I understand all of your explanations and arguments,
I just don't buy them. If I'm wrong about you, then I'll apologize.. but I don't think it's likely.
I don't play on instincts and guts much, I vote based as purely on logic and observation as I'm able.
That's why I'm such a fan of the shared-word counts - they are *not* subjective, and cannot be twisted.
If you flip innocent (for real), then I'll be simply *astounded* by the odds.
Mongoose wrote:Nev - I don't disagree with you; in fact, I made a post stating agreeing with you, so that is why I took a mild and polite issue with your tone (when I'm not failing to understand your logic or disagree with you at all).
I apologize for my tone to all of you. Frustration is no excuse for being an ass.

And yes, I did misunderstand your meaning Mongoose, not that it should have mattered.
he's the guy I married and lived with every day. While you don't necessarily get that - LOTS of people in this game should have picked up on that right away as soon as bdh did what he did.

the fact that they still voted me is telling.

I'm going to die. as far as I can see. there was a slim chance but ironicly I think TEEFIES nailed the final nail.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I guess I should just vote vompi and go with it.

I still feel like dead girl walking.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

btw - 10 - 1 a) if you guys lynch teefies - he'll be on the creeper team or b) he'll go after devin next. :D
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, I just read ten pages at 40 pp and there is this scene playing in my head from Chicago. I feel like I should be singing "give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle..." This day period has felt like a three ring circus. There are two distinct groups pulling in two different directions. SVS, Bea and BDH are kind of grouped together and pointing at Llama and Nev. Nev and Llama are pointing at Bea. And then you have DH coming in with this Vomps stuff. It just seems like a lot of confusion. I liked Nev's word analysis. But I am hearing SVS and what I am hearing is not, "I suspect, I believe" It is "I know." She would not be saying that if she did not know. I also believe BDH believes Bea is Civ. and yes I think he would know her well enough to know how to read her a lot better than me. And I originally thought she was bad until she was targeted for a NK. I have a waffled a lot on her so this has been tough. Also, I don't understand the logic of killing Bea if you believe she is Martell. If she is, we have no way of knowing it for certain. Why is she the logical choice from your group of three that emerged in the word analysis? I'm just not understanding.

Vomps... DH surprised me with that one. To be honest it seems the most like desperate attempt to distract. (It was DH who brought this us, was it not? Stuff melds together when reading ten pages in one sitting.) anyone can copy and paste. To say that it looks like Vomps because of that seems like a HUGE stretch. And Vomps seems like an easy target to me.

Arg. I don't know if Vomps is bad, but I don't like the case against him. But I have a bad feeling about the way this lynch has gone and particularly about the idea of lynching Bea so I am going to cast a vote on Vomps and see how the chips fall.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [POLLS] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 7

Who is trying to kill MacGyver?

Poll runs till Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:30:36 pm

bea
timmer (6), Boomslang (11), blindfaeth (13), thellama73 (14), Flyin' High (17), Nevinera (19), Vompatti (21), birdwithteeth11 (22) 33%

BigDamnHero
No votes

birdwithteeth11
BigDamnHero (5), Devin the Omniscient (12), Elohcin (18) 13%

blindfaeth
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DharmaHelper
Lizzy (9) 4%

Elohcin
No votes

Flyin' High
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

juliets
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
S~V~S (2) 4%

timmer
No votes

Vompatti
DharmaHelper (7), DFaraday (10), Hedgeowl (15), Mongoose (16), juliets (20), bea (23), Spacedaisy (24) 29%

The host! (deadies, non-players, host ONLY)
MovingPictures07 (1), Russtifinko (3), Bullzeye (4), insertnamehere (8) 17%
Total votes : 24

Missing votes: No one!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”