Battlestar Galactica - sign ups open

Moderator: Community Team

Are you going to play Battlestar Galactica Mafia?

So say we all! (Yes)
88%
I died in the attack on the colonies (No)
9%
Why the frak did you have to do this now? (Maybe)
3%

Total votes: 33
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Battlestar Galactica - sign ups open

Post by Marmot »

Glorfindel wrote:I've read the introduction to this game and as I think I said before, I think it looks really good but I've felt until now that I shouldn't sign up as a consequence of the events of previous games that I've played here on this site. When I first started playing these games (on another site) I found that every game was more than anything else an opportunity to make at least one new friend - and things worked out that way. I started playing two years ago and to this day, some of my best friends are those whom I played Mafia with at some time or another. I was niave and silly enough to believe that Mafia worked like that everywhere but I see now that I was wrong - VERY wrong. It's just a game and in some cases that's simply ALL it is. I think now I understand that I can overcome my need to be polite, honest and genuine at least enough to play this game.

And with that, you may sign me up!
VOTE GLORFINDEL

I find this post to be highly suspicious. Too much feelz and amicability! :omg:

Nope, nevermind it is the tried and true Glorfindel. Welcome back friend. Inawordyes is absolutely right, in that you can just be yourself when it comes to playing mafia. We all behave differently, and each personality has its place.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 5
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Glorfindel wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I've read the introduction to this game and as I think I said before, I think it looks really good but I've felt until now that I shouldn't sign up as a consequence of the events of previous games that I've played here on this site. When I first started playing these games (on another site) I found that every game was more than anything else an opportunity to make at least one new friend - and things worked out that way. I started playing two years ago and to this day, some of my best friends are those whom I played Mafia with at some time or another. I was niave and silly enough to believe that Mafia worked like that everywhere but I see now that I was wrong - VERY wrong. It's just a game and in some cases that's simply ALL it is. I think now I understand that I can overcome my need to be polite, honest and genuine at least enough to play this game.

Assuming you're who the right Glorfindel as I think you are, hi Matty! :D

You don't have to be impolite, deceptive and fake to play Mafia. It is a game, but you can still be super nice, super honest (lying by omission unless directly challenged, for example) and genuine to yourself (if you try to change yourself for the sake of the game, people will notice, just like it is in real life). That's what I do, I just have fun! It's a game at the end of the day, so I don't play to win, and even if it doesn't work like that everywhere and not everybody shares that mindset, that doesn't mean that you have to give up that part of yourself to play the game.

Be the nicest person in the game if you want (though I'll give you a run for your money haha), but don't be afraid to play the game, because it is a game, but the beauty of Mafia on places like here and my own homesite of MafiaManiac (which if you're the right Glorfindel you'll already know considering you have an account there) is that everybody can be themselves and have fun. It's a game p, but it's nit about the game, if that makes any sense haha.

Anyways hi! Welcome aboard! :suspish:
I'll confess, it was the fact that YOU had signed up for this game that made me change my mind about playing. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words my dear friend :hug:
Yep, thought so. :p Didn't think I'd see you on The Syndicate! As I know I don't get to play like myself at MU out of necessity because of adapting to that style of play, I can tell you that how you try to play will be much more appreciated here than at MU, as you probably already know considering you've been here for awhile. :srsnod:
:omg:
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 17

Post by sig »

Wait it wasn't the fact that I was playing! Hmph
Lets lynch Matty day 1 :P
ImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Silverwolf »

I can't wait to play this game and see ika and sig vote for each other right away in nonchangeable red. :p
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Silverwolf wrote:I can't wait to play this game and see ika and sig vote for each other right away in nonchangeable red. :p
Me never. :cloud9:

:shifty:
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by a2thezebra »

You can count me in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:You can count me in.
Yay!!!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 18

Post by S~V~S »

I wanna play :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Inawordyes wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:

You don't have to be impolite, deceptive and fake to play Mafia. It is a game, but you can still be super nice, super honest (lying by omission unless directly challenged, for example) and genuine to yourself (if you try to change yourself for the sake of the game, people will notice, just like it is in real life). That's what I do, I just have fun! It's a game at the end of the day, so I don't play to win, and even if it doesn't work like that everywhere and not everybody shares that mindset, that doesn't mean that you have to give up that part of yourself to play the game.

Be the nicest person in the game if you want (though I'll give you a run for your money haha), but don't be afraid to play the game, because it is a game, but the beauty of Mafia on places like here and my own homesite of MafiaManiac (which if you're the right Glorfindel you'll already know considering you have an account there) is that everybody can be themselves and have fun. It's a game p, but it's nit about the game, if that makes any sense haha.

I'll confess, it was the fact that YOU had signed up for this game that made me change my mind about playing. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words my dear friend :hug:
Yep, thought so. :p Didn't think I'd see you on The Syndicate! As I know I don't get to play like myself at MU out of necessity because of adapting to that style of play, I can tell you that how you try to play will be much more appreciated here than at MU, as you probably already know considering you've been here for awhile. :srsnod:
So glad to see you play Glorfindel!

And yes, I personally think you should always do you. People are beginning to get used to you. The more you play here, the more you'll become part of the furniture and people will see you for who you are.

We are cutthroat but we really also are a family.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:I wanna play :D
Then help me contact everyone you know...

If we get 9 more people in 5 more hours...
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:

So glad to see you play Glorfindel!

And yes, I personally think you should always do you. People are beginning to get used to you. The more you play here, the more you'll become part of the furniture and people will see you for who you are.

We are cutthroat but we really also are a family.
I'm sorry, but if anyone is expecting the same old Glorfindel this game, I think you're going to be sadly disappointed. That last game fundamentally changed the way I view these games and all of you. I know I get too emotionally wrapped up in these games and I don't intend for that to ever happen again.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Aww, but being emotionally wrapped up in games is the best part! :( I can understand though, you can start to not see the distinction between what's inside the game and what isn't if you get too invested.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I realized I can't lynch Glorf day 1 I've gotta lynch Ika. :(

:P
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by indiglo »

Inawordyes wrote:

I <3 your mafia philosophy! :beer: That is my philosophy about it as well. (Especially after coming back from a 2 year break.) Now my idea is more about having fun than winning. Which works out well, because I truly believe that being a "good" player does not always equate with a "win". But no one can take away your right to have fun! :nicenod: (And then, we all win!)

Is that too kumbaya-ish? (I don't care. :D :p )

Nice to meet you InaWord and Glor!
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP:

Also, how awesome would it be if Illy is able to play this game too. :hugs: Seriously!?! I'll putz! I hope the timing works out there.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Glorfindel wrote: I'm sorry, but if anyone is expecting the same old Glorfindel this game, I think you're going to be sadly disappointed. That last game fundamentally changed the way I view these games and all of you. I know I get too emotionally wrapped up in these games and I don't intend for that to ever happen again.
I also get emotionally wrapped up sometimes. It's hard not to. That said, I'm trying hard to change that so I can relax more in games.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

sig wrote:I realized I can't lynch Glorf day 1 I've gotta lynch Ika. :(

:P
:p
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

indiglo wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:

I <3 your mafia philosophy! :beer: That is my philosophy about it as well. (Especially after coming back from a 2 year break.) Now my idea is more about having fun than winning. Which works out well, because I truly believe that being a "good" player does not always equate with a "win". But no one can take away your right to have fun! :nicenod: (And then, we all win!)

Is that too kumbaya-ish? (I don't care. :D :p )

Nice to meet you InaWord and Glor!
Nice to meet you too! My speciality for having fun is making and enacting crazy plans. One of the most fun comes from this game, which you can read over if you want:

Farmer's Mafia - http://mafiamaniac.net/index.php?showtopic=2591

Pay attention to what I'm saying and see if you can figure it out beforehand, and don't read the spoilers first p unless you're that kind of person! :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

9 more... come on peeps!
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bubbles »

Glorfindel wrote: And with that, you may sign me up!
good luck Glorfindel!~
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Ricochet »

Guess what, I'm in. :noble:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yay Rico! Glad to have you!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Imagine the post count in this game now if MP and Sloonei joined at full availability.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 9
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Imagine the post count in this game now if MP and Sloonei joined at full availability.
Golden has banned me from playing. :pout:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Imagine the post count in this game now if MP and Sloonei joined at full availability.
Golden has banned me from playing. :pout:

Well, he knows all my secrets. It's not my fault.

Sloonei should get his butt in here though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll have plenty of fun spectating this one. :feb:

I need a break after that scrimmage anyway. For a while I'm only going to be playing games sporadically elsewhere, with people who aren't aware of my crazy meta and I can get by being a lurker. :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Can I be a hydra with Vompatti for this one?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:Can I be a hydra with Vompatti for this one?
The only person who gets to by a hydra with vompatti is ika.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Not fair, I brought the wombat back into action!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Can I be a hydra with Vompatti for this one?
The only person who gets to by a hydra with vompatti is ika.
LOL, I'm trying to picture that now. I'm pretty sure giving Vomps a hydra would give him a license to just act even more insane.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

If the hydra would be scum, Vompatti would probably denounce his hydra colleague as such.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The guys running the champs tourney were discussing holding a different tournament where all the communities sent their looniest players. The Syndicate can proudly send Vompatti. RYMers will send sodr2. It would be a delight to behold.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The guys running the champs tourney were discussing holding a different tournament where all the communities sent their looniest players. The Syndicate can proudly send Vompatti. RYMers will send sodr2. It would be a delight to behold.
I'd sooner send Wilgy... he is both loony and also exceptionally good at the game. It's a deadly combo.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wilgy hails from JTM, so we can sstill send Vompatti as our homemade product.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The guys running the champs tourney were discussing holding a different tournament where all the communities sent their looniest players. The Syndicate can proudly send Vompatti. RYMers will send sodr2. It would be a delight to behold.
I'd sooner send Wilgy... he is both loony and also exceptionally good at the game. It's a deadly combo.
I think that you are missing the point,lol. This doesn't sound like it's about deadly.

Linki, yup. Vomps is a favorite of mine and I would love to see more of him in games, but i always enjoy watching him play :)
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

#Vompatti2016
#MakeMafiaGreatAgain
#ture
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Yeah I wanna play with Vompatti not in a sock game, he seems cool.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Matt »

I want to be on a Mafia team with you so bad.

Golden make it happen cap'n
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Wait, Matt is playing?

Day 1 lynch amirite
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Matt »

No, I'm gonna get MVP in this one, you watch. :workit:
Image Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Most voted person, yeah. Day uno. :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I got lynched on Day 1 once. It was oddly therapeutic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I got lynched on Day 1 once. It was oddly therapeutic.
I can't imagine what on Earth you did to deserve that.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I've been lynched on Day 1 too many times. It was never therapeutic, only frustrating. :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The only time I was lynched on Day 1, I was asking for it. :nicenod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:The only time I was lynched on Day 1, I was asking for it. :nicenod:
That was pretty awesome.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You were a force of nature, Rico.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I've been lynched on Day 1 too many times. It was never therapeutic, only frustrating. :p
I got lynched on Day 1 in Spirited Away and still won the game. Boosh.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Boosh and/or kakow.
SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 3