[SIGN-UPs] Death Note Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

So... what are you?

I AM JUSTICE! (Yes, I am playing.)
79%
Scared for my life... (I might be playing, but I will sign up as a replacement.)
9%
Kira's sacrifice (No, I am not playing.)
12%

Total votes: 34
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: [SIGN-UPs] Death Note Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Great! Thanks Rico! Just 3 more, folks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prologue: Part 4 - I Am Justice (Flashback)

Lind L. Tailor suffers a heart attack on live television. Light starts laughing maniacally.

LIGHT: What's wrong? You got nothing else to say?

The television screen changes to a picture of the letter L on a white background.

L: I had to test this just in case but I... I've never thought it would actually happen. Kira, it seems you can kill people without having to be there in person. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't just witnessed it. Listen to me, Kira. If you did indeed kill Lind L. Tailor, the man you just saw die on television, I should tell you that he was an inmate, whose execution was scheduled for today. That was not me.
LIGHT: What?
L: The police arrested him in absolute secrecy, so you wouldn't have heard about him on TV or through the internet. It appears not even you have access to information about these types of criminals.
RYUK: Haha. He got you there.
L: But I assure you L is real. I do exist. Now try to kill me.
LIGHT: You... you bastard.
L: What's wrong? Hurry up! C'mon. Right now. What are you waiting for? You've got to do it. Come on! Try to kill me! What's the matter? Can't you do it? ...Well, Kira, it seems that you can't kill me after all.
RYUK: Hahaha.
L: So there are some people you can't kill. You've given me a useful hint. Let me return the favor. I'll tell you something that I think you'll find interesting. Although this was announced as a worldwide broadcast, the truth is, we are only broadcasting in the Kanto region of Japan. I had planned to broadcast this message around the world until we found you, but it looks that won't be necessary. I now know where you are.
RYUK: Hahaha. This L guy is pretty good.
L: The police treated your first killing as an unrelated incident, but, in actuality, the first of your victims was a suspect in Shinjuku. Of all the criminals that have recently died of heart attacks, this one's crime was by far the least serious. Furthermore, his crime was only ever reported inside Japan. I used that information to deduce this much. You are in Japan. And your first victim was little more than an experiment, which means that you haven't been killing for very long. We decided to broadcast in Kanto first because of its large population, and luckily we found you. To be completely honest with you, I never expected that things would go this well, but it won't be too long now before I'm able to sentence you to death.

MATSUDA: L has certainly lived up to his reputation.
SOUICHIRO: Indeed. He proved that Kira exists, that the deaths were murders, and that he's here in Japan.
L: Naturally, I'm very interested to know how you are able to commit these murders without being present, but I don't mind waiting a little bit longer. You can answer all of my questions when I catch you. Let's meet again soon, Kira.

LIGHT: Really. He's going to sentence me to death? Sounds interesting. I accept your challenge, L.
RYUK: (reflection) Each of them has to hunt down the other without knowing the other's name or face, and the first one whose identity is revealed will die. Humans are so much fun.

LIGHT: L...
L: Kira...
LIGHT and L: I will hunt you down wherever you're hiding and I will eliminate you. I am... JUSTICE!!

To be continued...
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Okay, since you twisted my arm :p
Fantastic, glad to have you!

Though you may want to get that arm checked out. :P
The doctor said I should refrain from unnecessary strain. Do we have to read your prologue? :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Okay, since you twisted my arm :p
Fantastic, glad to have you!

Though you may want to get that arm checked out. :P
The doctor said I should refrain from unnecessary strain. Do we have to read your prologue? :p
Lol.

No, if you really don't want to, you do not have to read them. These prologue posts are intended to set up the story and game with context. I feel they add to the game's experience, as they introduce players to a common thematic grounding that I wanted to introduce before game's start instead of posting multiple host posts in a row to start the first cycle.

My host posts in the thread, however, are more significant. I suppose one could skip those too if they were so inclined, though, like in any other mafia game.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Epignosis »

Should I be embarrassed to admit that I seriously considered writing a Ranma 1/2 Mafia?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Should I be embarrassed to admit that I seriously considered writing a Ranma 1/2 Mafia?
Not at all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Should I be embarrassed to admit that I seriously considered writing a Ranma 1/2 Mafia?
Not at all.
Good because I might still do it. :p
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm kidding MP. I'm just too lazy for my own good
Should I be embarrassed to admit I had to google Ranma 1/2? But I did, and surprisingly found myself reading the whole wiki page. Sounds interesting in a twisted kind of way.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, you should.

FZ., no worries, I wasn't sure how much you were serious and how much you were joking, so it gave me an opportunity to at least address whether people need to read my posts or not. :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hey LizKeen, nijuu, juliets, Canucklehead!

We need three replacements right now. :nicenod:
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

If it's down to only needing 3 and they don't sign up tomorrow I will change my vote to "in". Fair warning though, I am traveling on Tuesday and would be out of the thread the whole day.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:If it's down to only needing 3 and they don't sign up tomorrow I will change my vote to "in". Fair warning though, I am traveling on Tuesday and would be out of the thread the whole day.
Awesome, thanks juliets!

And that shouldn't be a problem at all, regardless of when the game starts. :)
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Welcome, DP and Snowman!!

Just 5 more now. :feb:
Snowman?!?! Hey! Good to see you!
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Don't know a thing about death note, but I'm in
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

I don't know (or have any interest in) this theme, but seeing as how well knowing (and being interested) in the theme of the last MP game I played went for me (spoiler alert: you a damn fool), maybe that's for the best.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome, trice and boo!

Just 1 more until game start! :yay:

If we do snag that last player today, I should be able to start the game sometime this afternoon or evening CST.

boo wrote:I don't know (or have any interest in) this theme, but seeing as how well knowing (and being interested) in the theme of the last MP game I played went for me (spoiler alert: you a damn fool), maybe that's for the best.
:haha:

Still one of my all time favorite mafia moments. I'm sure it always will be.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That fourth episode was wicked. :scared:
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Ricochet »

I'm also watching it, again.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:That fourth episode was wicked. :scared:
I know, right? :feb:

Ricochet wrote:I'm also watching it, again.
I just completed an anime rewatch the other day, while somehow convincing Daisy to watch it for the first time. It was really awesome to watch it again.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ok you're down to 1 so I'm in. I'll change my vote. I hope i'll be ok knowing nothing about the subject matter. Guess I better read those prologues.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fantastic! We are full. :)

Thanks to all of you for signing up. I really hope you enjoy it!

I have some PhD homework tasks to accomplish this morning, but most likely this is how the schedule will go:

This afternoon I will send out roles, and this evening I will start the game thread. Just so that we are on an evening schedule (which is best for me and I presume most members) and so I can get my tasks done first. Regardless, I promise the game will start sometime today.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thellama73 »

And as for me, I guess I better utilize my day of miserable illness to watch a few episodes of this show so I know what I'm in for.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sweet
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thellama73 »

2 episodes in. This is an okay cartoon, but it's not as good as Popeye or Bugs Bunny.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:2 episodes in. This is an okay cartoon, but it's not as good as Popeye or Bugs Bunny.
:haha:
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Although we were full at 26 players, I have made appropriate modifications so that Roxy can still play and the integrity of the game is upheld as I intended, since it appears she signed up quickly after we filled and I did not want to deny her the chance to play. Therefore, there are now 27 players and roles.

No more players can sign up as of this post.

I will be randomizing and sending out roles momentarily. I am about to start that process right now. :)

Please do not discuss absolutely anything regarding your role with anyone except for me and any specified BTSC partners. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

All roles have been sent. If I neglected to send you a PM or if you have any questions about your role, please PM me!

The game thread will be starting later today. Best of luck to all of you, and thanks again for signing up! I hope you enjoy it.

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”