[SIGN-UPs] Death Note Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

So... what are you?

I AM JUSTICE! (Yes, I am playing.)
79%
Scared for my life... (I might be playing, but I will sign up as a replacement.)
9%
Kira's sacrifice (No, I am not playing.)
12%

Total votes: 34
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

[SIGN-UPs] Death Note Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Death Note Mafia

Detectives (12)
Detectives win when all killers (Kiras) have been stopped and justice has prevailed.
L – The world’s most renowned detective, L is incredibly intelligent, logical, and diligent. Consequently, he suffers extreme insomnia, determined to catch Kira. Every night, L searches an individual to determine whether they are Kira. He subsequently comes up with a percentage as to their likelihood of being the murderer. No one knows his true identity other than Watari. (Secrets)

Watari – L’s right-hand man and guardian. Knows L’s true identity and helps him run the logistics of his operation. (Secrets)

Soichiro Yagami – The Chief of the NPA and father of Light Yagami, Soichiro’s perseverance in catching Kira is nearly unmatched, but, like many others, he is blinded by the manipulative skills of his son. However, his strong sense of justice and duty inspire other officers below him, particularly Matsuda. He is the figurehead of the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Shuichi Aizawa – Takes his job very seriously and can be rather opinionated, and thus clashes at times with Matsuda and Misa Amane. He has some respect for L, but seems to hold him in contempt. At some point, the tensions may become too high for Aizawa, and he may choose to leave the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Hideki Ide – Characterized by a fiery temper and a hatred for foolishness, Ide especially does not get along with L, and refuses to abide by his methods. If he ever votes for L to be lynched, his vote that day is worth 5. Gains BTSC with Shuichi Aizawa if Aizawa quits the Japanese Task Force. (Secrets)

Kanzo Mogi – One of the most dedicated members of the Japanese Task Force, but also one of the most reserved. (Secrets)

Touta Matsuda – Enthusiastic but inexperienced, Matsuda means well but often proves a hindrance to his fellow investigators, particularly L. Although he is not convinced that Kira’s killing of criminals is necessarily a bad thing, Matsuda nonetheless remains absolutely dedicated to the Japanese Task Force. His recklessness sometimes pays off, but other times it can get him into trouble. Every night, Matsuda can decide whether to take a risk or play it safe. Additionally, if Higuchi starts killing, Matsuda can instead decide to attempt to spy on Yotsuba. If he does so, he may be able to discover the true identity of the Third Kira, but regardless of his success he may also get caught in the process. (Secrets)

Hirokazu Ukita – Perhaps the most emotional member of the Japanese Task Force, Ukita is nonetheless absolutely determined to catch Kira, and does not hesitate to demonstrate passionate, admirable bravery. (Secrets)

Near – One of two possible individuals being groomed to be the successor to L in case of disaster, Near is much like a younger version of L: socially awkward, but incredibly intelligent and cunning. If L dies, Near takes over the Kira investigation and starts the Special Provision for Kira (SPK), determined to catch Kira before Mello does. (Secrets)

Mello – One of two possible individuals being groomed to be the successor to L in case of disaster, Mello is always considered to be #2 to Near, a position he resents greatly. His intelligence is also high, but sometimes he lets his emotions get the best of him. If L dies, Mello forfeits the successor position to Near, and joins the mafia. He intends on catching Kira before Near does and will do anything to stop Near from getting ahead. (Secrets)

Raye Penber – An FBI agent who begins investigating Light Yagami when L tells him to. Has BTSC with Naomi. (Secrets)

Naomi Misora – A former FBI agent and fiancée of Raye Penber. If Raye dies while investigating Light, she picks up where he left off. Has BTSC with Raye. (Secrets)

Yotsuba Group (7)
While Higuchi possesses a Death Note, every night all members of Yotsuba decide on whom Kira should kill. They do not share BTSC by default. Members of Yotsuba Group win by ??????.
Kyosuke Higuchi (Third Kira) – A very greedy and power-hungry man who becomes the owner of a Death Note if a certain chain of events occurs. However, little does he know he is no more than a tool in an elaborate scheme orchestrated by the original Kira. Each night, while in possession of a Death Note, he votes on a victim for Kira to kill, concealing the fact that he is actually the one deciding others’ fates. (Secrets)

Shingo Mido - After Higuchi has killed two victims, he invites Namikawa, Shimura, and Ooi to a secret meeting. (Secrets)

Reiji Namikawa – After Higuchi has killed one victim, he receives an anonymous phone call. (Secrets)

Suguru Shimura

Eiichi Takahashi

Masahiko Kida

Takeshi Ooi

Kira and His Sympathizers (7)
Unlike typical baddie teams, these roles do not all share BTSC by default. See individual roles for publicly known BTSC information. Kira and His Sympathizers win when Kira has eliminated the Detectives and subsequently starts his utopian New World.
Light Yagami (Kira) – The initial finder of a Death Note, Light is a high-school senior who quickly grows obsessed with power, declaring himself the ultimate decider of criminals’ fates. Determined to create a new perfect world without evil, Light will manipulate or kill anyone in his way. Has BTSC with Ryuk. (Secrets)

Ryuk – A shinigami who appears to Light shortly after he discovers his Death Note, Ryuk explains that he has to stay with Light until he either dies or the Death Note is destroyed, and that he ‘dropped’ the Death Note into the human world because he was bored. As a shinigami, he cannot be harmed by humans, nor can he be seen by humans who have not made contact with his Death Note. Oh, and he loves apples. Has BTSC with Light Yagami. (Secrets)

Misa Amane (Second Kira) – A famous model whose parents were murdered by a man that Kira kills with his Death Note, Misa becomes infatuated with Kira and makes desperate moves to meet him. She thereafter becomes Light’s girlfriend, incredibly complacent to his demands. Gains BTSC with Rem when she receives her Death Note. (Secrets)

Rem – A shinigami who appears to Misa after she discovers her Death Note, Rem accompanies Misa and guards her at any cost. As a shinigami, she cannot be harmed by humans, nor can she be seen by humans who have not made contact with her Death Note. Gains BTSC with Misa Amane when she gives her the Death Note. (Secrets)

Teru Mikami (X Kira) – As a devoted worshiper of Kira, Mikami has a strong sense of justice and feels evil absolutely must be punished. He adheres to a very strict, daily schedule. (Secrets)

Kiyomi Takada – Classmate and former girlfriend of Light Yagami, Takada becomes the official spokeswoman for Kira if Demegawa dies. (Secrets)

Hitoshi Demegawa – A very greedy man who feeds off of publicity, Demegawa is director of Sakura TV. If L dies, Demegawa asserts himself as Kira’s spokesman and constantly rallies for Kira supporters to participate in various violent acts of protest. (Secrets)

Independent (1)

Sidoh – A shinigami whose Death Note was stolen, he searches for Ryuk every night to retrieve his notebook. If he finds Mello, something happens. As a shinigami, he cannot be harmed by humans, nor can he be seen by humans who have not made contact with his Death Note. (Secrets)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [SIGN-UPs] Death Note Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Players (26 out of 26):
Spacedaisy
Epignosis
thellama73
Zomberella12
Metalmarsh89
S~V~S
Bass_the_Clever
Elohcin
Boomslang
Turnip Head
bea
Black Rock
DharmaHelper
birdwithteeth11
AceofSpaces
Made
Matahari
Russtifinko
Long Con
DisgruntledPorcupine
Snowman
FZ.
Ricochet
triceratopzeuhl
boo
juliets

Story:
Prologue: Part 1 - Before the Meeting
Prologue: Part 2 - Conference (Flashback)
Prologue: Part 3 - Confrontation (Flashback)
Prologue: Part 4 - I Am Justice (Flashback)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Participation Score and Non-Participation:

This game will be the first on The Syndicate to incorporate the Participation Score (P-Score). Because of this, I must specify before any of you sign up what will qualify as non-participation:
- If you do not post within 3 cycles.
- If you do not vote for 3 consecutive cycles.
- If you do not send in your night power for 3 consecutive cycles.

If any of these are committed, it will qualify as non-participation for the purposes of this game.

If you are afraid you cannot fulfill any of these requirements due to any reason, please PM me immediately requesting a replacement. I will then seek out someone to take your place and your P-Score will not be penalized.

Exceptions will be made for unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Rules:

1. No BTSC (Behind the Scenes Contact/Conversation) with anyone other than your specified BTSC partners.
2. No role outing of yourself or anyone else.
3. Be respectful and remember that this is a game.

I will not hesitate to punish you and your team severely if you violate any of these rules. I don't want to, so please do not make me punish anyone.

In addition, other typical standard rules will apply (no double targeting, dead players cannot post on topic, etc.).
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Spacedaisy »

:biggrin:

:hugs:

:fiesta:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by thellama73 »

Yuh huh.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
zeek
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by zeek »

Man, I love Death Note. You're making it hard to be on a break.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Zombarella »

I am already hooked on Mafia. Count me in!
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Ricochet »

It'd be one game too many for my own (RL) good, but I liked Death Note a lot, so put me down as a replacement, until my participation in either Film or Donner changes in any way.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Don't ever say that. I have heard tell of people NKing someone in one game so they would be free to sign up in another. True story or urban legend? Hard to say.

I am in.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

That's ok, I've read others declare that in sign-ups and ... err, they lost pretty soon afterwards.

Crap.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Modding :noble:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks to those who have signed up already! :dance:

And to those that have signed up as replacement, thank you just as much! As the sign-ups progress and if we still have room and your schedule opens up, I'd be more than glad to have any of you. :)

zeek wrote:Man, I love Death Note. You're making it hard to be on a break.
Do it. You know you want to. :feb:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I can't wait to play this sign me up please.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I would like to state that I have no idea what this theme is, but I am signing up because I like playing mafia and I like the host.

Something to bear in mind, all of you, when the next full game goes into signups. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:I would like to state that I have no idea what this theme is, but I am signing up because I like playing mafia and I like the host.

Something to bear in mind, all of you, when the next full game goes into signups. :)
Harry Stephen Keeler? :shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I would like to state that I have no idea what this theme is, but I am signing up because I like playing mafia and I like the host.

Harry Stephen Keeler? :shrug:
Nailed it.

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

thellama73 wrote:I would like to state that I have no idea what this theme is, but I am signing up because I like playing mafia and I like the host. :)
Ditto this sentiment.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

For anyone interested and completely lacking in theme knowledge:

Death Note is a manga series and anime that follows the life of a high school student, Light Yagami, who discovers a supernatural notebook (Death Note) that grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series centers around Light's subsequent attempts to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as a god using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

You'll inevitably get some experience with the theme throughout the game. :feb:

But don't worry, absolutely NO knowledge is necessary to play and win. :)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:For anyone interested and completely lacking in theme knowledge:

Death Note is a manga series and anime that follows the life of a high school student, Light Yagami, who discovers a supernatural notebook (Death Note) that grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series centers around Light's subsequent attempts to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as a god using the notebook, and the efforts of a detective known as L to stop him.

Manga? What are you, some sort of nerd? :P

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:For anyone interested and completely lacking in theme knowledge:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:

Apparently you can only read manga if you are Japanese, black, or a nerd. :confused:

I still haven't read Death Note, I will try to get around to it before this game begins though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Apparently you can only read manga if you are Japanese, black, or a nerd. :confused:

I still haven't read Death Note, I will try to get around to it before this game begins though.
Couldn't be any more highly recommended. :srsnod:
LizKeen
Stool Pigeon

Post by LizKeen »

Don't know what Death Note is but looks interesting. I'm considering it.

More lost than Oceanic Air Flight 815
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm in. Looks like a very interesting set-up.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Never read the manga, to be honest. So far I only reverted from the anime to the original manga, in case an anime's quality went down the drain.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LizKeen wrote:Don't know what Death Note is but looks interesting. I'm considering it.
Hey there, it's been a little while! Good to see you again! :)

Would love to have you either way!

Ricochet wrote:Never read the manga, to be honest. So far I only reverted from the anime to the original manga, in case an anime's quality went down the drain.
The anime is pretty solid IMO, I love it.

There's some debate over whether episodes 25 - finale (36) were lower quality than what preceded it, with the general consensus being that it is, but I don't know -- I still really like it for what it is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prologue: Part 1 - Before the Meeting

L: I'm staying in a suite at the Teito hotel at the moment. But I'll be switching hotels every few days from this point on. I want you to think of these hotel rooms as the de facto headquarters of this investigation. If this arrangement is acceptable to all of you, then split into two groups, and stagger your arrivals so you come thirty minutes apart. Please arrange it so you are all here at midnight.

The remaining members of the Japanese Task Force discuss their upcoming secret meeting with L.

IDE: Why is he seeking help now? There's only seven of us. He solved all these difficult cases by himself in the past, so what makes this one so different? The way L's been conducting things so far, odds are he's gonna send a stand-in or a proxy of some kind to meet us instead of coming himself. It's not like we'd ever know.

AIZAWA: A proxy, huh? Well, that is possible.
MATSUDA: I believe L. I think we can trust him. And besides, I don't really see how we can solve this case without his help.
MOGI: I agree.
SOUICHIRO: From the beginning he's been very upfront about the fact that he would need the help of the police on this case. Perhaps we should think of it like... he's been waiting for this to happen all along.

MATSUDA: Why would he do something like that?

SOUICHIRO: There were number of people on the task force who distrusted L before this investigation began. And once we got started, we had detectives resigning left and right. Following that, classified information was leaked. So I'm not surprised that he didn't trust us.

MATSUDA: In other words he was waiting for the task force to get narrowed down to only those investigators he could trust. And to do that, he needed to weed out anyone who wasn't totally committed.

IDE: If we're working with that guy, I'm leaving the task force. You don't have to worry. I won't try to follow you. I'm not interested in finding L.

Ide storms out of the premises.

To be continued...

Stay tuned to this sign-up thread for more!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Never read the manga, to be honest. So far I only reverted from the anime to the original manga, in case an anime's quality went down the drain.

There's some debate over whether episodes 25 - finale (36) were lower quality than what preceded it, with the general consensus being that it is, but I don't know -- I still really like it for what it is.
I meant more obvious quality shifts to an anime - dragging out the story, boring stereotypical dialogue or filler lines, the drawing becoming more lazy and bad.

The very first episode I saw, by pure chance on TV, on a trip even I think, was the one where L *cough* retires. It left me in awe and that episode still does today. Not long after, I went back and basically binged the whole show. I like the first part (Kira's whole transformation and the moral of it and L's introduction) the most, then L's hunt slightly less, its end as I've said still gives me goosebumps, then... Well, it could have probably been a better story indeed, but I still mostly enjoyed it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I meant more obvious quality shifts to an anime - dragging out the story, boring stereotypical dialogue or filler lines, the drawing becoming more lazy and bad.

The very first episode I saw, by pure chance on TV, on a trip even I think, was the one where L *cough* retires. It left me in awe and that episode still does today. Not long after, I went back and basically binged the whole show. I like the first part (Kira's whole transformation and the moral of it and L's introduction) the most, then L's hunt slightly less, its end as I've said still gives me goosebumps, then... Well, it could have probably been a better story indeed, but I still mostly enjoyed it.
Oh, okay, makes sense.

I largely agree with your preferences stated here. It's all pretty enjoyable to me though.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I have to admit, the last part of Death Note mostly left me somewhat cold, apart from the last episode which was mostly pretty good.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

yuuuuuuuuuuup

This will be my first MP game :mafia:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Turnip Head wrote:yuuuuuuuuuuup

Good luck....

:omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:

Good luck....

This.

So much this!

That said, I tend to play more MP games than not, (I"ve missed what? 1? I think? Like ever?)

Sooo... I guess that means I have to play this one too. Much like Bioshock - I have no idea wtf about this theme. And it's a Sockface game so I'm sure I won't know if the WTF? is theme or sockface related, but what the hellz - in for a penny -in for a pound :)

I expect to be dead by D5 in this game but I'll have fun while it lasts!

Someone periodically remind me that I'm supposed to be working on my game k?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

bea wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:

Good luck....

This.

So much this!

That said, I tend to play more MP games than not, (I"ve missed what? 1? I think? Like ever?)

Sooo... I guess that means I have to play this one too. Much like Bioshock - I have no idea wtf about this theme. And it's a Sockface game so I'm sure I won't know if the WTF? is theme or sockface related, but what the hellz - in for a penny -in for a pound :)

I expect to be dead by D5 in this game but I'll have fun while it lasts!

Someone periodically remind me that I'm supposed to be working on my game k?
Go make a game b. :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I remember my last MP game. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Prologue: Part 2 - Conference (Flashback)

As the six Japanese Task Force members make their way to the hotel, Matsuda thinks back to his first encounter with L. Likewise, as a couple of weeks have passed, Light remembers back on his first confrontation with L.

The International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO) is in the midst of holding a conference.

MAN 1: There've been fifty-two deaths that we're aware of and that's just in the past week. Every single one of them involved a heart attack.
MAN 2: They were all criminals who were either being held in prison or who were wanted by police for outstanding crimes. And I think it's safe to say there are other criminals whose deaths are unaccounted for.
MAN 3: In which case the death toll could be well over one hundred.

Chief of the Japanese National Police Agency (NPA), Soichiro Yagami, enters the auditorium, and sits next to rookie detective, Matsuda.

MATSUDA: Morning, Chief. They started the meeting without you.
SOICHIRO: That's fine. I had to take an urgent call from headquarters.
MAN 4: At any rate, these were criminals who were probably facing executions sooner or later. Perhaps we shouldn't...
MAN 2: Why should it matter whether it's a criminal or someone innocent. Last time I checked, murder was still murder.
MAN 3: It's still too early to consider these a homicide.
MAN 2: Then how did all these people have heart attacks at the exact same time? That's not coincidence! It's murder!!
MAN 3: You think it's possible to simultaneously kill all these people in different locations?
MAN 5: We're treating this as an elaborate murder plot that's been carried out by a large organization.
MAN 6: If it is a large organization, I'm sure I'm not alone in suspecting the FBI or CIA.
MAN 7: I dare you to say that again!
MAN 8: Now, now. This is not the time to be joking around. We need to confirm that these are indeed homicide and not coincidences.
MAN 3: How? Autopsy results show that in all of these cases the victims died of a sudden heart attack.
MAN 9: Investigating a series of heart attacks is pointless. I don't see what else we can learn.
MAN 10: Absolutely. If these people'd been shot or stabbed, at least we'd have something to go on.
MAN 2: If that's the case, it looks as if we'll have no choice but to bring in L.

The conference room goes quiet, with the men whispering and muttering in small groups.

MATSUDA: Chief, what's this L they're talking about?
SOICHIRO: Right. I forgot that it's your first time at this conference. We don't know L's real name or whereabouts. In fact we still don't even know what he looks like. However he's managed to solve every case he's ever taken on and he's tackled some of the greatest mysteries this world has ever known. He hides in the shadows, but he is the best of the best... our last resort, our trump card.
MAN 11: But I've heard this L is extremely arrogant. I understand he'd only take on cases that he's personally interested in.
MAN 12: That's exactly right. Besides, we don't even know how to contact him.
WATARI: L is already on the move.

The voice came from the entrance to the conference hall. Some men gasp, the room quiets, and footsteps are heard as the mysterious man addresses the delegates.

WATARI: Gentlemen. L has already begun his investigation into these incidents.
MATSUDA: Huh? Who's that?
SOICHIRO: That man's the only known person who can contact L. Nobody knows his true identity either.
WATARI: Please be silent. L would now like to address the delegates.

Watari opens a laptop. The letter "L" appears on the projector screen. A voice transmission, clearly disguised, then addresses the delegates.

L: Greetings to all of you at the ICPO. I am L. The difficulty of this case lies on its unprecedented scope. And make no mistake: we are witnessing an atrocious act of mass murder, one that is unforgivable. This case cannot be solved without the full cooperation of the ICPO, that is, all of the police organizations you represent throughout the world. You need to make the decision to fully support the investigation at this meeting. Also I require additional cooperation from Japan's National Police Agency.
SOUICHIRO: Huh? What? Why Japan in paticular?
L: Whether this guilty party is an individual or a group, there is a strong possibility that they are Japanese.
And even if they are not, we can be sure they're hiding in Japan. Why Japan, you ask? I think I will be able to provide you with proof of that after I directly confront the culprit... At any rate, I would like to set up the investigation headquarters in Japan.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Glad to have you, bea and TH!

bea, I think you're right; I'm almost positive you've played every one of my games ever except for Super Meat Boy mafia.

MM, yes, I'm sure you do. :feb:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I decided to play this game. Last MP game was a super good time!
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome aboard, BR!

You did get a pretty awesome role last time, that's for sure. :noble:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Welcome aboard, BR!

I expect the same. :D
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Black Rock wrote:

Well, considering how awesome practically all of the roles are in this game (IMO, though of course Durden was his own level of awesome), it's very likely. :)
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

Well, considering how awesome practically all of the roles are in this game (IMO, though of course Durden was his own level of awesome), it's very likely. :)
Deal!
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)

Post by DharmaHelper »

Fine...
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome, DH. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seems we're halfway there now!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Yay!! Glad to see ya DH!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Don't ever say that. I have heard tell of people NKing someone in one game so they would be free to sign up in another. True story or urban legend? Hard to say.

I am in.
There you go. It's a curse.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

In!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm in if I'm dead/finished my other game when this one starts!

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”