Sign-Ups! - The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities

Moderator: Community Team

Be back in a...

Flash! (Yes!)
76%
Little while... (Replacement)
12%
Potato (Host, Mod, casual observers/non-players)
12%

Total votes: 34
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Sign-Ups! - The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities

Post by Mister Rearranger »

The once bustling twin cities of Keystone and Central have been home to many costumed heroes and criminals alike. Chief among those vigilantes were a couple of costumed heroes who took on the mantle of "The Flash", as well as a group of blue-collar criminals who collectively referred to themselves as "The Rogues".
For years, The Flash and The Rogues clashed over the backdrop of robberies, but both had an understanding and loyalty to their city. Now, a new group of foes are threatening the safety of this American heartland, with larger and more dangerous goals in mind. To top it all off, many formerly docile citizens and Rogues alike have started to act abnormally, committing increasingly more violent crimes.
Someone has broken the chief rule among The Rogues, and Wally West is joined by former Flash Barry Allen, as well as a mysterious activist named the Pied Piper in his race to save Keystone and Central, the Gem Cities. Meanwhile, Captain Cold gathers a group of his closest allies to clear his name and restore order to The Rogues.

Join The Flash and his bizarre gallery of opponents in a game of deception, dastardly deeds, and detective-work. Race against the fastest man alive to uncover or protect the mysteries of Keystone and Central in...

Battle for the Gem Cities

Role Call (25 players):
THE OLD ROGUES (6)
Their roles are as close to a "Civilian" Option that will exist in this game. They may be thieves and robbers, but they have a code of morals. As such, their only win conditions are to eliminate the vile New Rogues and stop Gorilla Grodd's rampage. If Grodd is dead, the New Rogues are dead, and any Old Rogues survive, they win the game.
Captain Cold – He’s the strict and no-nonsense leader of The Rogues. He can use his “Cold Field” to Role Block a player each night. He has BTSC with Heat Wave. Captain Cold is all about “the score”. *secret*.
Heat Wave – A pyromaniac and one of Cold’s closest allies. He has BTSC with Captain Cold *secret*.
Mirror Master – A mercenary who has access to the Mirror Realm. He can spy on a player during odd nights. *secret*.
Weather Wizard – Nature’s fury in the form of a disgruntled, wand-wielding father. *secrets*.
The Trickster – The most inexperienced Rogue and a notorious prank enthusiast. Leaves a “trap” on one player during even nights. If that player is *secret*, both the *secret*.
Golden Glider – Searching for her brother every night. If she finds Captain Cold, she will gain BTSC with him and Heat Wave. She may then continue to search for other Old Rogues. She cannot be killed by the Old Rogues.

THE INDEPENDENT ROGUES (6)
These characters wish to continue their schemes without being bothered. They will win simply by surviving until the end of the game.
Captain Boomerang – Most heroes and villains alike consider him to be a bit unpredictable. He can throw a boomerang every night. The boomerang has a fifty percent chance to *secret*. If it doesn’t, then *secret*.
Abra Kadabra – He is a stage magician who uses futuristic technology to put on the greatest show on Earth. As such, he has a bevy of powers at his disposal. Once each, he can: *secrets*.
Doctor Alchemy – *secrets*
Magenta – She is a former love interest of Wally West and has magnetic abilities. She can prevent one lynch during the game. *secret*
The Folded Man – His suit grants him the power to become 2-dimensional. With it, he can blend into the floor and remain undetectable in all locations.
Rainbow Raider – He targets a player each night to fire a beam of colored light at. If the beam hits an Old or Independent Rogue whose signature color matches the beam, *secret*. If these conditions are not met, *secret*.

THE NEW ROGUES (7)
As Central and Keystone Cities have developed over time, the villains who plague their citizens have become more and more ambitious. The New Rogues are, for the most part, concerned with spreading destruction and chaos around the twin cities, making a name for themselves by killing superheroes and villains alike. They must survive and eliminate all opposing factions to win the game.
*Secret Role* – *secrets, secrets, and more secrets*
Blacksmith – Searches to build her own group of Rogues. Every night she may search a player. If that player is a New Rogue, she will gain BTSC with them. However, if she searches and finds the Secret Role, *secret*.
Murmur – He is an insane doctor who developed a “frenzy virus”. On even nights, Murmur will select a player. That player is silenced during the next day. *secret*.
Girder – A man transformed into pure metal. *secret*.
Tar Pit – A Rogue whose body is composed of sticky, molten tar. *secret*.
Plunder – A marksman from the Mirror Universe. He kills on even nights. *secret*.
Double Down – A compulsive gambler whose skin is covered in cursed playing cards. *secret*.

THE "ARCH-VILLAINS" :jedi: (3)
Each of these characters have been The Flash's biggest threat from time-to-time. They have unique conditions for winning that the Rogues are not aware of at this time.
Professor Zoom (*secret*) – He wants to kill the Flash family more than anything else in the world. He’ll search every night for a Flash. *secret*.
Zoom (*secret*) – He thinks he can make all the other heroes and villains “better”. Each night he will Protect one player. That player will be randomly rewarded or penalized as well. *secret*.
Gorilla Grodd (*secret*) – He wants Keystone and Central City all for himself and his gorilla empire. He is the Serial Killer *secret*.

THE DETECTIVES (3)
Wally West and the recently resurrected Barry Allen have joined forces to track down the newest foe threatening their home cities. Using their law enforcement and forensic talents, respectively, they will win if they uncover the mystery of the Gem Cities, and if they manage to imprison the New Rogues. They may choose to imprison the Old Rogues as well, but it is not required.
Wally West – He’s the fastest man on Earth. *secret*. He imprisons (kills) on odd nights.
Pied Piper – A part-time Rogue who’s going undercover to help Wally and Barry. *secret*. He is given information every night by an informant that may be true or false. Each day, he can post a message about his findings.
Barry Allen – An intelligent forensic scientist and the first Flash. Barry Role Checks a dead player every night, also picking a letter from that player’s name. The chosen letter is solved in all secret role descriptions.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Re: Sign-Ups! - The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities

Disclaimer: This will be a map game! A fairly straightforward one, but a map game. :)

Player List:
1. Roxy
2. Epignosis
3. Bass_the_Clever
4. Black Rock
5. Metalmarsh89
6. S~V~S
7. Dom
8. blindfaeth
9. Bullzeye
10. DFaraday
11. Long Con
12. AceofSpaces
13. DharmaHelper
14. rabbit8
15. ika
16. fingersplints
17. FZ
18. Turnip Head
19. Spacedaisy
20. Sophie
21. reywaS
22. Made
23. thellama73
24. Soneji
25. Elohcin
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Golden »

Nope. I'd love to because I've not yet had the pleasure to play a map game, but I'm away.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

yep.
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by thellama73 »

FLASH!

ah AHHHH!

I'll mod every one of you.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

zomg!!! MR - I'm trying to retire because my work is so demanding. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - QUIT MAKING AWESOME THINGS. :P

I guess that offically means I'm saying no now. And will prolly be begging to replace in like 3 days. :p
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Epignosis »

Didn't read the roles. Didn't read much of anything. Always thought Flash was cheesy and impractical. No Merciless Ming. Oh wait, that's Flash Gordon. No Gordon Ramsay. I have to cook breakfast.

In.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Love the flash so I'm in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:Didn't read the roles. Didn't read much of anything. Always thought Flash was cheesy and impractical. No Merciless Ming. Oh wait, that's Flash Gordon. No Gordon Ramsay. I have to cook breakfast.

In.

I like master chef jr. - thought I've not watched any other of his shows since his original ramzey's kitchen nightmares.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Black Rock »

What the heck, in!
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Didn't read the roles. Didn't read much of anything. Always thought Flash was cheesy and impractical. No Merciless Ming. Oh wait, that's Flash Gordon. No Gordon Ramsay. I have to cook breakfast.

In.
I'll have have blueberry pancakes and some hash browns. Also, no cream in the coffee please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 11

Post by S~V~S »

This set up looks very interesting, very ambiguous. I like it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

S~V~S wrote:This set up looks very interesting, very ambiguous. I like it.
I've been dying to do a game with "puzzle" roles ever since John Hughes Mafia on LP. I hope this one can be just as exciting!

Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far. :beer: (I quit drinking many months ago, but these new smilies are the bees knees!)
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I really should take a break... but... I can't. This looks too awesome!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, MR, I have high expectations for this game after how awesome Misfits was. :srsnod:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by blindfaeth »

OK :)
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What's a map game?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Sure, why not.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Zombarella »

FZ. wrote:What's a map game?
What's a map game?
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A map game is a game that uses a map. You can visit various locations, do things, interact with people, maybe get BTSC, maybe only be able to target the people nearby. That sort of thing.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Zomberella12 wrote:
What's a map game?
There is a map and you start somewhere on it and you get to move at certain times. In the one game I played with a map if you were in the same space as someone else you got to share BTSC. they are a lot of fun.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:A map game is a game that uses a map. You can visit various locations, do things, interact with people, maybe get BTSC, maybe only be able to target the people nearby. That sort of thing.

Well
now that you've cleared that up. hopefully things make more sense. The scope of this game looks interesting enough. I may sign up but I really am trying to take a break.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:A map game is a game that uses a map. You can visit various locations, do things, interact with people, maybe get BTSC, maybe only be able to target the people nearby. That sort of thing.

Well
now that you've cleared that up. hopefully things make more sense. The scope of this game looks interesting enough. I may sign up but I really am trying to take a break.
You will be up against Light Yagami AND L tomorrow afternoon.

Just throwing that out there.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Zomberella12 wrote:
What's a map game?
Good questions! :grin:

Epi beat me to it. You'll start in a square on a grid. The grid will be layed over a map that I based on these rough sketches of the two notable cities from the Flash's comics:

So a grid of squares will divide a simplified version of that up, and you can move freely between them at the end of a day phase/right before a night phase.

Some squares will have interactive features to them, and different locations will offer unique opportunities to your characters. It was a daunting task to plan out, but it's been done really successfully in a couple of other games.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DFaraday »

I'm definitely in!

Gorilla Grodd is one of my favorite supervillains. An evil genius gorilla, you can't beat that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:I'm definitely in!

Gorilla Grodd is one of my favorite supervillains. An evil genius gorilla, you can't beat that.
Nor would I try to.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:FLASH!

ah AHHHH!

Sorry that no one gave you recognition for this hilarious joke, Llama. It had me rolling.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:
thellama73 wrote:FLASH!

ah AHHHH!

Sorry that no one gave you recognition for this hilarious joke, Llama. It had me rolling.
It was a good reference. It's always the right time to reference Queen.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

damn, wish i could play, but way too busy atm.

Might watch from a far, and sub if i can!
Pov: you reading my takes
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, thanks for clearing up what a map game is. Sounds interesting.
Thing is, I'm going away in less than two weeks for over a week, where I will not have access to WiFi at all, so I'm not sure it will be fair for the other players if I disappear for a week like that. If the game starts later or something, I'll join.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Harry Stephen Keeler has a map. A Chicago map.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I can't do another full game atm. Ill be a replacement :)
Gro-oo-ovy
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training

Post by rabbit8 »

I don't know if I could play a game with Kid Flash as a character. I hate him. He should be killed in every universe. And DC sucks pulling the Joker Variant cover from Batgirl. :pout:

Maybe.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Is this game full yet? I've got no game.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:Is this game full yet? I've got no game.
It's almost full. Just a couple more players.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I must join in hopes to help fill a game so my lady can fulfil her Mafia needs once more.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:I must join in hopes to help fill a game so my lady can fulfil her Mafia needs once more.
Yay! Only one more to go!

Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I must join in hopes to help fill a game so my lady can fulfil her Mafia needs once more.
I think you are wrong, it looks like only 12 players have signed up. We need 25.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Black Rock wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I think you are wrong, it looks like only 12 players have signed up. We need 25.
I'm not wrong, I lied. There exists a difference. :llama:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You didn't lie. Epignosis and his weeny account for 13 players.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

weenie. Get it right. Or are you trying to pass off a different trademark as being the superior one?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:I don't know if I could play a game with Kid Flash as a character. I hate him. He should be killed in every universe.
Maybe Aqualad instead?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You didn't lie. Epignosis and his weeny account for 13 players.
Then we're ready to get going?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not pleased about my weenie being discussed in the same context as "The Flash." :mad:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by blindfaeth »

Epignosis wrote:I'm not pleased about my weenie being discussed in the same context as "The Flash." :mad:
Lol!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Which superhero would you like it to be discussed with contextually?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Canucklehead »

The Incredible Hulk. Obvs.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I first read that as the Incredible Hunk :blush:
ImageImage
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training

Post by rabbit8 »

Canucklehead wrote:The Incredible Hulk. Obvs.
:faint: Marvel!

Fiddler
Peak A Boo
Pied Piper

Just some who where excluded from this game.
Now Wally might be in The Flash TV series. :overreact:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pied Piper is a role in the game tho.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”