9%

Total votes: 23
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 13
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia

Post by Russtifinko »

Long ago, two cavepeople, Ug and Ack, were sitting in the sunshine on a rock by a pond on a spring day not too unlike this one. Ug had two animal furs and was very, very warm, but very hungry. Ack had two sharpened sticks and had caught a pile of fish, but shivered in the breeze off the water. Ug looked at Ack's sharpened sticks, then down at her furs. At that time, you had to kill someone to get something you wanted from them, but Ack had sharpened sticks so she didn't like her chances there. Slowly the glimmer of an idea began to dance in her head. Ug placed a fingertip on her lower lip, and then lifted it in the air triumphantly. Then she began to hoot and holler and point from her fur to one of Ack's sticks. Ack had been very busy looking for fish to spear, but eventually he looked up and cottoned on to the idea. Trade was born! Soon both were sitting contentedly in the sun, full of fish and warm.

Soon, people realized you could "trade" all sorts of things! Everyone began carrying around as many objects as they could hold in the hopes of coming across someone to trade with (since they didn't have Netflix yet). This got very cumbersome, and remained so until the greatest of the Egyptian kings, Ankhahotep, one day got tired of carrying the royal throne on his back. "Enough!" he cried, but in Egyptian. "From now on, we're only trading things for gold!" Gold, of course, was still very heavy, so this was only a marginal improvement. Ankahotep decided to ease his subjects' burdens by taking half of everything they traded for the government. This was the first tax.

However, no one could think of a solution to the problem for a very, very long time. Eventually they just started handing out paper, and imagining that gold was attached to it. The economy was born! Eventually, an American president by the name of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, took the revolutionary idea one step further. He was at a great disadvantage in trading, because he had never seen gold and couldn't imagine it very well, so his money was worth less than other people's. Frustrated by never being able to trade properly (there was still no Netflix), he had the idea of just making the value of the paper up entirely! Now people make up all sorts of wonderful numbers, driven by "invisible hands", "animal spirits", "stocks", "inflation", and plenty of other made-up things that make it all very exciting but of course don't really exist.

Of course, ever since Ankhahotep introduced the idea, governments have been taxing as often and as much as possible. This is one way to get something you want without doing or giving anything in exchange. The other is murder. Which brings us to the pinnacle of human history....

Death and Taxes: an Economics Mafia
Brought to you by Russtifinko and thellama73

Roles:
Adam Smith - Invisible hand - Can direct action from behind the scenes (takes another player's power nightly)

Jean-Babtiste Say - Supply creates its own demand - Selling 2 or more of anything makes them worth $2 each, regardless of what others sell.

Carl Menger - Founder of the Austrian School/Marginal revolution - knows that every little bit helps, and has an extra vote for just that reason

Ludwig von Mises - Human Action - holds highly-attended lectures nightly (BTSC with one player every Night)

F. A. Hayek - Competing currencies - Makes his own currency, and yours doesn't count - Prevents a player from buying or using any items once per Night, and sells his items for untaxable Bollars instead of normal dollars.

Joseph Schumpeter - Creative destruction - Can destroy an item in his possession to get something better

John Nash - Game Theory - Make two players play a game of your choosing each night

Vilfredo Pareto - Pareto efficiency - Prevent target player from being made worse off at night

Paul Samuelson - Public Goods - Can share the use of another player’s item

Ronald Coase - Coasian bargaining/Property Rights - May not be stolen from/share his items

Milton Friedman - Monetarism - Can alter the money supply, doubling what the government pays for guns and butter once per 4 booms.

Murray Rothbard - Enemy of the state - Prevent redistributive actions.

Arthur Pigou - externalities - His votes also spill over onto the player to each side of the one he votes.

George Akerlof - asymmetric information - Role check

Mafia:
John Maynard Keynes - In the long run, we’re all dead - Kills nightly

Karl Marx - Dictatorship of the proletariat - Once per Night, chooses to target a player and destroy a random item (Kapital) they are holding, or to redistribute one dollar from a player of his choice to another.

David Ricardo - Ricardian equivalence - Prevents tax cuts

Robert Solow - Convergence/growth theory - uses technology to improve his items

Serial Killer:
Thomas Malthus - Malthusian population model - Is worried the population will outstrip humans' ability to supply themselves with food, so he keeps the population under control by killing nightly. If his victim has any Butter, he takes one from them.

The Economy:
Guns - takes one Night to produce. May be sold to the government on subsequent Nights. The value it sells for is determined by the supply; if more players sell Guns than Butter on a given Night, it is worth $1, but if more Butter than Guns are sold, Guns are worth $2. If both sell equally, they are worth $1.50 apiece.
Butter - Same as Guns, but vice versa.
Dollars - earned by producing and selling Guns and Butter.

Items:
1 Gun = Extra lynch vote
1 Butter = Remove a lynch vote from yourself.
1 Gun + 1 Butter + 1 Dollar = NK protect for tonight only
5 Dollars = Bribe someone's vote.
4 Guns + 1 Dollar = Extra kill
4 Butter + 1 Dollar = Lynch stop
4 Butter + 5 Dollars = Resurrect

Events:
Booms - triggered when more players produce than sell.
Busts - triggered when more players sell than produce.
Taxes - occur every 3rd day. Because llama is a co-host, it is flat and each player pays $1. Taxes are eliminated if Ricardo dies and Rothbard is still alive. If llama dies and Russti is still alive, we move to a proportional tax system and tax 30% of all earnings instead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia

Post by Russtifinko »

Signups are here! Join if you'd like to play. I promise it'll be oodles of fun.

And I can absolutely guarantee you'll get it or die tryin'!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Epignosis »

I already played Monopoly and got robbed. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

Yes! You have no idea how desperately I've been waiting for a new speed game to enter signups. I'm in!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Taxes - occur every 3rd day. Because llama is a co-host, it is flat and each player pays $1. Taxes are eliminated if Ricardo dies and Rothbard is still alive. If llama dies and Russti is still alive, we move to a progressive tax system and tax 30% of all earnings instead.
That's not a progressive tax system. That's still a flat tax system- specifically, a proportional tax. :confused:

*Votes Russtifinko*
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Taxes - occur every 3rd day. Because llama is a co-host, it is flat and each player pays $1. Taxes are eliminated if Ricardo dies and Rothbard is still alive. If llama dies and Russti is still alive, we move to a progressive tax system and tax 30% of all earnings instead.
That's not a progressive tax system. That's still a flat tax system- specifically, a proportional tax. :confused:

*Votes Russtifinko*
Rats! You're right I suppose. I thought I locked this thread.....

Then instead, I'll "progressively" tax people who disagree with their hosts at a higher rate than everyone else. :feb: There! now you have an incentive to keep your trap shut. ;)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmmmm, now how do I put up a conflabbed poll? And why is my name golden? So many questions...

For now, feel free to sign up by saying you want to play in-thread. I'll do a poll once I talk to MP.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

*Votes Russtifinko*
Rats! You're right I suppose. I thought I locked this thread.....

Then instead, I'll "progressively" tax people who disagree with their hosts at a higher rate than everyone else. :feb: There! now you have an incentive to keep your trap shut. ;)
Russtifinko wrote:Hmmmm, now how do I put up a conflabbed poll? And why is my name golden? So many questions...

For now, feel free to sign up by saying you want to play in-thread. I'll do a poll once I talk to MP.
Your name is yellow because you are the side missions host.

Edit your first post and scroll down. There is a "Poll Creation" tab. Click it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

You should be able to create a poll exactly how Epig described now, Russ, if you couldn't before. Because it's a new subforum, I had to finagle the permissions a bit for Hosts.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Thanks, Epi and MP! Now we're set. Got in the poll if you want in! There is room for 20 players.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't like economics.

But I do like mafia.

Decisions, decisions...

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Russtifinko wrote:And why is my name golden?
Please excuse this moment of confusion. Russ and I are two halves of a single split personality. We weren't talking about the colour of our name, oh no.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, one of your images is broken.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dom »

I suppose I'll play despite one of my favorite economists being the "baddie". :suspish:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:I suppose I'll play despite one of my favorite economists being the "baddie". :suspish:
One of your favourite economists???

Is this a thing?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:I suppose I'll play despite one of my favorite economists being the "baddie". :suspish:

Is this a thing?
I love me Keynes
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:

Is this a thing?
I love me Keynes
*Switches vote to Dom*
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Russtifinko wrote:Thanks, Epi and MP! Now we're set. Got in the poll if you want in! There is room for 20 players.
I lied. Sorry! There is room for 19 players, this being a speed game and whatnot.
Epignosis wrote:Also, one of your images is broken.
FIVE POINTS FROM RAVENCLAW!!

...seriously, though: fixed. Thanks.
Yeah, Keynes is the man!

....on another note, I think there may be some disagreement on economics on the parts of the hosts. Which could make this even more exciting!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Golden wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:And why is my name golden?
Please excuse this moment of confusion. Russ and I are two halves of a single split personality. We weren't talking about the colour of our name, oh no.
Confirmed. Golden's name is actually rusty. (aka "Russti". Not red, like most of you were thinking.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:....on another note, I think there may be some disagreement on economics on the parts of the hosts. Which could make this even more exciting!
And I plan on pissing one of you off in the course of this game. I wonder whom it will be. :grin:

Or I could pi$$ off everyone el$e. :feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:....on another note, I think there may be some disagreement on economics on the parts of the hosts. Which could make this even more exciting!
And I plan on pissing one of you off in the course of this game. I wonder whom it will be. :grin:

probably both . :p
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

probably both . :p
:workit:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:

I'll just piss myself off somehow. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Keynes? Boo. Boo I say. He deserves to be a baddie.

:P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russ and Llama, I have a couple of questions.

- Will you be utilizing the Participation Score system; if so, what are your guidelines for it?
- Is this game 48/24 or 24/24?

Both because I didn't see them specified; the former because I'm intrigued and mainly so that other people can know, but the latter because I'm REALLY wanting to play, but my schedule is super tight at the moment, so I'm curious. I could maybe handle 24/24, just have to think on it. 48/24 I could definitely handle.

Thanks!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by fingersplints »

I second the time question. The game on jtm is starting today, but I will probably sign up for this as well.

Also I'd need to know if items could influence participation score? I'm not the best at money/item games
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G-Man »

I'm in! This is an intriguing setup and I like economics, so I will probably enjoy this quite a bit. Plus, I've been getting twitchy since I died in LMS3.

Dom, whoever indoctrinated you into thinking Keynesian economic theory is good was a bad, bad person. His economic philosophy (especially the way it's been improperly and incompletely implemented) is precisely the reason that the global economy is in its current, shaky state. Yes, in the long run, Keynes and his generation is dead. But after three or four generations of Keynesian practice, our generation is left footing the bill for all the excess spending. FDR's admiration for and adoption of Keynesian economics is arguably the main reason the Great Depression lasted so long. It stagnated recovery. </rant>
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Russ and Llama, I have a couple of questions.

- Will you be utilizing the Participation Score system; if so, what are your guidelines for it?
- Is this game 48/24 or 24/24?

Both because I didn't see them specified; the former because I'm intrigued and mainly so that other people can know, but the latter because I'm REALLY wanting to play, but my schedule is super tight at the moment, so I'm curious. I could maybe handle 24/24, just have to think on it. 48/24 I could definitely handle.

Thanks!
We're definitely using the P-Score system. You will be counted as a non-participant if:
-You fail to post or vote in three consecutive phases.
-You miss 4 or more (non-consecutive) lynch votes.

I just made this up, so Russ is free to contradict me if he disagrees. I am open to 48 hour days, since I am busy as well.

Regarding the topic of economists and disagreement, Keynes deserves to be a baddie (although Ricardo may not) but I am just happy I crammed a bunch a Austrians into the roles. :)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote:I'm in! This is an intriguing setup and I like economics, so I will probably enjoy this quite a bit. Plus, I've been getting twitchy since I died in LMS3.

Dom, whoever indoctrinated you into thinking Keynesian economic theory is good was a bad, bad person. His economic philosophy (especially the way it's been improperly and incompletely implemented) is precisely the reason that the global economy is in its current, shaky state. Yes, in the long run, Keynes and his generation is dead. But after three or four generations of Keynesian practice, our generation is left footing the bill for all the excess spending. FDR's admiration for and adoption of Keynesian economics is arguably the main reason the Great Depression lasted so long. It stagnated recovery. </rant>
I don't know you very well, G-Man, but you are officially awesome.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Black Rock »

I am in, especially for 48 hour days.
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

G-Man wrote:I'm in! This is an intriguing setup and I like economics, so I will probably enjoy this quite a bit. Plus, I've been getting twitchy since I died in LMS3.

I would completely disagree for a number of reasons. None of which are relevant to a Mafia game, but most of which have to do with how that is completely incorrect.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by fingersplints »

thellama73 wrote: We're definitely using the P-Score system. You will be counted as a non-participant if:
-You fail to post or vote in three consecutive phases.
-You miss 4 or more (non-consecutive) lynch votes.
If this is the only criteria I will play. I'm not going to be good with the whole items/events things though so if someone else shows up and wants my spot they can have it and I will be a replacement.
Gro-oo-ovy
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G-Man »

Dom wrote:

I would completely disagree for a number of reasons. None of which are relevant to a Mafia game, but most of which have to do with how that is completely incorrect.
It's all good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, right? :beer:

I just find the way Keynesian theory has been implemented dangerously short-sighted. Everyone latches onto the government spending during recession aspect of it but more or less leaves out the other 75% of it (cutting taxes in recession, raising taxes when we're out of recession, cutting government spending when we're out of recession). I don't think it's ever been put into practice the way Keynes actually envisioned it. It might have a chance of working but we'll never find out because too many politicians won't get re-elected if they raise taxes or cut government spending.

Imagine if we took the "In the long run, we're all dead" approach to things like pollution, over-harvesting the seas, and consumption of fossil fuels. Oh wait... :P
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

^See I like all of the things you just described. :p
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hehehe. G-Man, I feel like we could have long and interesting talks.

Llama is 100% correct on the P-score system. As for timing, it sounds like 48/24 works best for the majority, and I am busy as well, so let's go with that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh! And let's say you should have a minimum 40% P-score prior to the game to sign up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I vote for 24/24.

Death is swift and just.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man, glad to see another on the same wavelength around here. I usually assume it's just Llama and I and sometimes Epi on a similar political/philosophical page. :p

Alright, since it's 48/24, I'm in. I can't miss a Russ and Llama game!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:G-Man, glad to see another on the same wavelength around here. I usually assume it's just Llama and I and sometimes Epi on a similar political/philosophical page. :p

I'll give you an invisible hand if you know what I mean.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Taxation is theft. :mafia:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:G-Man, glad to see another on the same wavelength around here. I usually assume it's just Llama and I and sometimes Epi on a similar political/philosophical page. :p

I'll give you an invisible hand if you know what I mean.
Woah! Better watch out for Daisy, my friend. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Taxation is theft. :mafia:
:noble:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I feel like Sherry and I are alone in a corner philosophically tbqh.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:

I really don't know why I laugh at those stupid dollar signs every time, but I can't. Stop. Laughing. I think it might be BECAUSE people get pissed off at them.

As for the game, I need to ponder if I have the time to do it. I love speed games and hate taxes, so it would be interesting and I want to try it. Also, fabulous intro post, Russti! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hello. I'm a noob.

MovingPictures knows me from rateyourmusic.com and invited me over to check the site out. This looks like a game. I'll play? I have some questions though because I'm already feeling exposed to a foreign language here:

What's the participation points system thing amount to?

When y'all call this a "speed" game, how fast are we talking here?

Is it indeed illegal 'round here to roleclaim in a game due to the openness of the setups?

Thanks for anyone who may help. :)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hello. I'm a noob.

MovingPictures knows me from rateyourmusic.com and invited me over to check the site out. This looks like a game. I'll play? I have some questions though because I'm already feeling exposed to a foreign language here:

What's the participation points system thing amount to?

When y'all call this a "speed" game, how fast are we talking here?

Is it indeed illegal 'round here to roleclaim in a game due to the openness of the setups?

Thanks for anyone who may help. :)
Welcome. You look cuddly. :scared:

First of all, I'm sorry you know MovingPictures07. What a loser.

The Participation System was something we enacted to enable hosts to set participation requirements for the games. This discourages people from signing up for a game and not playing it. That's no good for the host or the other players. Basically, if you sign up for a game, play it, and you'll be fine. If you sign up for a game but do not play it, your score will decrease, and future hosts may deny you access to their games. It's rather like a credit score, in that sense.

"Speed" simply refers to the number of players involved. On The Syndicate, A FULL GAME is 20+ players. A SPEED GAME is 19 or fewer players. That's it!

Role claiming is essentially illegal here, since you may not out yourself (or others). Keep your cards close to your chest 'round these here parts. Our games tend to have complexities and nuances not found in more vanilla sites. Role claiming here would either get you lynched or paint a target on your back for the Mafia to take you out. In a word, don't do it.

Welcome to The Syndicate. I hope you have a good time. Good times are what we're all about.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks! I suppose that's all entirely simple. Cool beans.

How about voting with this poll contraption? Does one merely click when feeling that votey feel, or is there also a requirement to indicate a vote in the thread when it is placed?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A SPEED game *could* have 24 hour lynch phases. FULL games always have 48 hour lynch phases. So that's another difference. But it looks like this one will be 48. Nights are always 24 or 23 hour phases.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks! I suppose that's all entirely simple. Cool beans.

How about voting with this poll contraption? Does one merely click when feeling that votey feel, or is there also a requirement to indicate a vote in the thread when it is placed?
Great question.

There is no requirement to post your vote, but it is considered proper to do so. I recommend posting at the time you vote (Protip: Vote first before you post if you are close to the deadline!). Most games will NOT allow you to change your votes, but some will. That is up to the host of the game.

It is also customary here for hosts to keep a record of the polls in a nearby thread for future reference.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sounds good. I appreciate the help.

I'll figure the rest out on my own until I get lynched on Day 1 because literally anything I type will look scummy with this avatar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Thanks! I suppose that's all entirely simple. Cool beans.

A word to the wise. Player's don't take kindly to self-voting on this site.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Mission Sign-Ups”