Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Which personality type are you?

Analysts:
No votes
INTJ ("Architect")
3%
INTP ("Logician")
14%
ENTJ ("Commander")
No votes
ENTP ("Debater")
10%
--------------------------------------
No votes
Diplomats:
No votes
INFJ ("Advocate")
8%
INFP ("Mediator")
24%
ENFJ ("Protagonist")
5%
ENFP ("Campaigner")
10%
No votes
Sentinels:
No votes
ISTJ ("Logistician")
2%
ISFJ ("Defender")
10%
ESTJ ("Executive")
No votes
ESFJ ("Consul")
No votes
No votes
Explorers:
No votes
ISTP ("Virtuoso")
3%
ISFP ("Adventurer")
5%
ESTP ("Entrepreneur")
2%
ESFP ("Entertainer")
3%
No votes
I don't know yet! (votes are changeable)
No votes

Total votes: 59
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Post by Tangrowth »

So what thoughts do you all have on the Myers-Briggs personality type stuff? I've been mildly interested in all of this off and on since finding out about it over 10 years ago, and I just had a conversation earlier today about this, so I thought, let's talk about it on The Syndicate!

If you're not quite sure what that is, check out some information on the 16 Personalities website I'll provide below. Here is some information on the 16 different personality types. Here is some information on that theory behind this stuff.

And here you can take a version of the test to see what type you are.

If you know what type you are, vote in the poll and discuss! I'm curious how many of each type we have around here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Types

Post by Tangrowth »

As for me, I've been the same type every time I've taken one of these things: INTJ.

Generally I feel that type has always fit me the best anyway. The J is typically the strongest, with I not far behind, and N and T can be a bit weak depending on the test, especially N.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 13

Post by thellama73 »

I've never taken the test, but my friends (I have friends, shut up.) assure me I'm INTJ.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:I've never taken the test, but my friends (I have friends, shut up.) assure me I'm INTJ.
:beer:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DharmaHelper »

My results just say "Asshole" am I doing this right
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I believe my most recent result was INTP, which probably fits most of the time. I do think this brand of personality testing has limitations in that it describes a current state, meaning it can be quite fluid (and for me it has been -- I've gotten a number of different results at various stages of my life). I think the most useful application of tools like this is that they expose points of personal weakness, or at least of lacking focus. When I am labeled an "INTP", it just makes me want to explore the things that make me different from the opposite "ESFJ", and what I can do to cultivate a more well-rounded personality for myself.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

INFJ
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I've never taken the test, but my friends (I have friends, shut up.) assure me I'm INTJ.
:beer:
I just took the test you provided in the OP. Diagnosis confirmed.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I took it too just to see if anything's changed. I seem to be veering closer and closer to the "E" spectrum according to the test.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So far all Is. Are there any extroverted mafia players?

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Golden »

I got ISFP. Which says 'adventurer', which is definitely wrong (did the test miss all my answers which were the opposite of adventurer?)

I think where it went wrong is I should not be an S. It is very close and it's possible it interpreted some of my answers differently than I meant them. INFP (Mediator) or INTP (Logician) is what I thought I was before taking the test, and the F/T is also very close. The I and P are strong and clear.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oops I didn't cut and paste the picture. But I was 96% introvert lol. Nearly 70% P and the others were close to 50/50
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:Oops I didn't cut and paste the picture. But I was 96% introvert lol. Nearly 70% P and the others were close to 50/50
All of mine were in the 70%-80% range, except introvert, which was in the 90s, shocking no one.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ISFJ here. This was a pleasant little experiment, and I enjoyed reading the personality-tags that follow. The most I took away from this was learning things about myself that I know are true but never think about, specifically weaknesses.

That said, not everything that falls into this personality applies to me. The majority of it seems spot-on, but I'm quite different on a few traits. But that's just fine, that just emphasizes how people can't be simply and strictly categorized, and that we're all unique.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ricochet »

The introvert bar didn't burst out past 100% when I took it, so I'm calling bullsuit on this test.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I just had to let firemen into the building. O.o

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:I just had to let firemen into the building. O.o
Well, you should stop arsoning then.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

llama come to chatzy and tell your story.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by A Person »

i get INFP on those things
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The story is told, but few now will see it.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I've done this a bunch of times but I always forget what my result was. Here we go again :grin:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Here's mine:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

What does turbulent versus assertive mean? I got assertive and MP got turbulent.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It should be no surprise that on that last one (that I've never seen before) I got quite heavily assertive. Not as assertive as Jay, though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I believe my most recent result was INTP, which probably fits most of the time. I do think this brand of personality testing has limitations in that it describes a current state, meaning it can be quite fluid (and for me it has been -- I've gotten a number of different results at various stages of my life). I think the most useful application of tools like this is that they expose points of personal weakness, or at least of lacking focus. When I am labeled an "INTP", it just makes me want to explore the things that make me different from the opposite "ESFJ", and what I can do to cultivate a more well-rounded personality for myself.
Yeah, it's all incredibly intriguing and it's easy to get caught up in all of it; nonetheless, I agree it has particular limitations, and your interpretation is agreeable.

With that said, I'm not sure what I can do with the opposite personality of mine, ESFP ("Entertainer"). Interestingly enough, I've always solidly been an INTJ and my brother an ESFP. :p (Those who know me and my brother would find this incredibly accurate.)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I believe my most recent result was INTP, which probably fits most of the time. I do think this brand of personality testing has limitations in that it describes a current state, meaning it can be quite fluid (and for me it has been -- I've gotten a number of different results at various stages of my life). I think the most useful application of tools like this is that they expose points of personal weakness, or at least of lacking focus. When I am labeled an "INTP", it just makes me want to explore the things that make me different from the opposite "ESFJ", and what I can do to cultivate a more well-rounded personality for myself.
Yeah, it's all incredibly intriguing and it's easy to get caught up in all of it; nonetheless, I agree it has particular limitations, and your interpretation is agreeable.

With that said, I'm not sure what I can do with the opposite personality of mine, ESFP ("Entertainer"). Interestingly enough, I've always solidly been an INTJ and my brother an ESFP. :p (Those who know me and my brother would find this incredibly accurate.)
You should change your title from 'the don' to 'the entertainer' :haha:

I find your mafia play entertaining. I never know what I'm going to see next.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Carl Gustav Jung invented personality typing, though not this specific test. He also theorized about archetypes, the collective unconscious, and synchronicity. I generally find his work persuasive, unlike that hack Freud.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote: I find your mafia play entertaining. I never know what I'm going to see next.
There's a pretty good bet it will be some sort of emotional meltdown, though.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:Carl Gustav Jung invented personality typing, though not this specific test. He also theorized about archetypes, the collective unconscious, and synchronicity. I generally find his work persuasive, unlike that hack Freud.
Translation: Llama wants to sleep with his mother?

(Freud is easy to mock and I have to admit I've never studied him deeply. But I agree, llama. His analysis seems relatively meaningless for any kind of real-life application in any event, whereas look at Jay putting this stuff into a context that gives it meaning)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think the most useful application of tools like this is that they expose points of personal weakness, or at least of lacking focus.
Interesting. I see almost the opposite - I'm much more likely to see my areas of strength and play to them.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I don't know that there is much practical application other than to better know thyself, which is always valuable.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:So far all Is. Are there any extroverted mafia players?
Daisy is an E for sure.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Daisy is an E for sure.
Not my brain twin after all!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Daisy is an E for sure.
I am an E, though I have also tested and an I as well which just proves Jay's point.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

INTP-A

Yep, that sounds about right for me.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:What does turbulent versus assertive mean? I got assertive and MP got turbulent.
That's a good question. I've never seen that distinction before. It appears there's more information about it in the "Our Theory" page.

Here's what I found:

Strategies
The Strategy layer shows our preferred ways of doing things and achieving goals. There are four strategies:

Confident Individualism (Introverted and Assertive)
Confident Individualists prefer doing things alone, choosing to rely on their own skills and instincts as opposed to seeking contact with other people. They know what they are good at and have high self-confidence. These personality types firmly believe that personal responsibility and trust in yourself are very important values. Confident Individualists do not pay much attention to other people’s opinions and prefer to rely on themselves.

Read more about the Confident Individualism Strategy.
People Mastery (Extraverted and Assertive)
People Masters seek social contact and tend to have very good communication skills, feeling at ease in social events or in situations where they need to rely on or direct other people. These types are confident in their abilities and do not hesitate to express their opinions. Playing an active role in the society and knowing what makes other people tick mean a lot for People Masters; however, they are not too concerned about what other people think about them.

Read more about the People Mastery Strategy.
Constant Improvement (Introverted and Turbulent)
Constant Improvers are quiet, individualistic people. They tend to be perfectionistic and success-driven, often spending a lot of time and effort making sure that the result of their work is the best it can be. As their name says, Constant Improvers are high achieving individuals dedicated to their craft – however, they also tend to worry too much about their performance.

Read more about the Constant Improvement Strategy.
Social Engagement (Extraverted and Turbulent)
The last strategy is adopted by sociable, energetic and success-driven types. Social Engagers tend to be restless, perfectionistic individuals, prone to experiencing both very positive and very negative emotions. Their curiosity and willingness to work hard also mean that they are usually high-achieving, even if quite sensitive people. Types favoring this strategy also tend to place a lot of importance on other people’s opinions; they value their social status and are eager to succeed in everything they do.

Read more about the Social Engagement Strategy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Constant Improvement (Introverted and Turbulent)
Constant Improvers are quiet, individualistic people. They tend to be perfectionistic and success-driven, often spending a lot of time and effort making sure that the result of their work is the best it can be. As their name says, Constant Improvers are high achieving individuals dedicated to their craft – however, they also tend to worry too much about their performance.

Read more about the Constant Improvement Strategy.
...and that's pretty much me in a nutshell.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Confident Individualism definitely describes me. Interestingly, although it only occurs in 2% of the population, INTJ is overwhelmingly overrepresented in libertarian circles. A statistically improbable majority of the people I worked with at FreedomWorks were INTJ., and I'm very interested to learn that MP continues the trend!

G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

52% Introvert
69% Intuitive
71% Thinking
62% Prospecting
65% Assertive

So I'm close to being ENTP-A. I can see myself switching back and forth depending on the situation.
My Banners:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You weird P people. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Confident Individualism definitely describes me. Interestingly, although it only occurs in 2% of the population, INTJ is overwhelmingly overrepresented in libertarian circles. A statistically improbable majority of the people I worked with at FreedomWorks were INTJ., and I'm very interested to learn that MP continues the trend!
I would be intrigued to know how much association exists between Myers-Briggs personality type and political affiliation. :ponder:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My wife is ESFP, almost the complete opposite of me. :p

I'm the Logician and she's the Entertainer. Yet, I love to entertain. I guess it just comes out when people least expect it.
My Banners:
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

ENTP HHHYYYPPPPEEEEE
Pov: you reading my takes
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Confident Individualism definitely describes me. Interestingly, although it only occurs in 2% of the population, INTJ is overwhelmingly overrepresented in libertarian circles. A statistically improbable majority of the people I worked with at FreedomWorks were INTJ., and I'm very interested to learn that MP continues the trend!
I would be intrigued to know how much association exists between Myers-Briggs personality type and political affiliation. :ponder:
Boom.

But there are probably many other interpretations.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I was not surprised to see Democrats leaning more F than T. I don't mean that as a swipe against Dems/Libs. It's just confirms a long-held suspicion.
My Banners:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dom »

ENFP

i'm sure none of you are surpised there
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I just read the descriptions and INFP and INTP definitely both describe me very well in part. I suspect I swing between them.

ISFP does not describe me at all. I think it interpreted a lot of my answers to questions about keeping schedules or to-do lists as evidence of spontaneity and flexibility. In fact its not, it's just that I have a well-structured and organised brain for these things so I don't need to put that effort in to do it. If it had instead asked questions about whether I'd do things at the drop of a hat it would have realised I am not that. It takes me to be particularly relaxed and have no plans in my head to be spontaneous.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Spacedaisy »

I will go through and read everyone else's responses but first I want to post that despite taking the official MB test a couple weeks ago, my husband harassed me into taking this one. So to make him happy I did. The results were the same and it is no surprise to me at all. I am quite solidly an ENTP. There is no letter that even comes near a gray area. It was as follows:

E - 91%
N - 90%
T - 73%
P - 83%

I was at 90% Assertiveness.

Happy now Alex? :p

As a side note, I've been aware of my personality type and weaknesses for a long time. So I answered the questions as I naturally tend to be, as opposed to the way I have learned to adapt to others. For example, I am not a naturally compassionate or thoughtful person, but I have learned that others need that and tried to cultivate it more. Or at least pretend it's there, lol. Anyway, yeah, tl;dr: I'm a loud, outgoing (and probably annoying) woman. Poor Alex.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:I am not a naturally compassionate or thoughtful person, but I have learned that others need that and tried to cultivate it more.
Compassion and thoughtfulness are overrated anyway.

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Dom »

For the record:

87% Extroverted
51% Intuitive
65% Feeling
75% "Prospecting" (I've seen it as Perceiving)
70% Turbulent

Took the survey for the A or T y'all were talking about.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Speakeasy”