What is up with photobucket?

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

What is up with photobucket?

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

It seems photobucket changed some setting and every image on it has been replaced by one demanding you to switch to a special account or something.

And apparently this is affecting half the winner/host banners on everybody's signatures.

In other words, the forum is now a pain to read.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: What is up with photobucket?

Post by juliets »

I sent LC and Daisy, the Graphics team, a pm to report the problem. Photobucket wants us to upgrade to a paid account in order to post 3rd party hosted images. I'm sure not going to do that. At some point we should all put our sigs in spoiler tags until this is resolved. I left mine as is for the moment so they can see the problem. The account they want us to upgrade to, P500, is $39.99 a month. Outrageous.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ricochet »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:54 am In other words, the forum is now a pain to read.
Ricochet wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 am Well, for the visual inconvenience, one quick temporary solution would be to go in the User Panel, Board Preferences and switch "Display signatures" to no.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well that looks better. Thanks Rico!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes thanks Rico that worked well
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I PMed LC because I believe it's just the banners he made that are hosted on photobucket, but I don't know if he'll be able to fix it. He might have to reupload the images somewhere else if he still has them saved, but then everyone would have to change the links in their sigs.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

For those of you who have not read about the problem here is a link that tells you what is going on. I tried googling photo bucket p500 price and the first time I did I got the site with their various plans. Now however, when I go back to find that there are so many complaints and discussions about photo bucket that I couldn't find my original link. This link though explains what I saw regarding the price. Needless to say I will not be joining.

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/photo ... ed-images/

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, I'm still hoping that the backlash of millions of users will force Photobucket to resolve this somehow, but I have also downloaded all my pics from there, and I'm considering just hosting them myself on my mikesteffler.com domain. I just want to look into that more to make sure that my hosting service can handle all the downloads these pics get every day... don't want to just jump in and then get into trouble.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Socky's avatar is missing too.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:20 pm Socky's avatar is missing too.
yeah daisy is aware I'm sure she let socky know.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:05 am Yeah, I'm still hoping that the backlash of millions of users will force Photobucket to resolve this somehow, but I have also downloaded all my pics from there, and I'm considering just hosting them myself on my mikesteffler.com domain. I just want to look into that more to make sure that my hosting service can handle all the downloads these pics get every day... don't want to just jump in and then get into trouble.
Long Con worried about jumping in and getting into trouble?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Uncharacteristic, I admit
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Luckily I don't have nearly so many pictures to move as the prolific and talented Mr. Con. (I don't envy your position) So we managed to get all of the banners we have hosted on photobucket moved somewhere else. Except I think maybe one that I need to get still. Anyway. Whatever photobucket, see ya later!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Speakeasy”