The Narrator

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Cryptonic
Posts in topic: 1

The Narrator

Post by Cryptonic »

Hey everyone!

First, apologies if this seems like a plug. I am no way involved in this project in any official role, and only am involved as someone who is asked questions due to Mafia experience. This project does not make any money, and is not linked to any specific community. This application is created by Voss, and I feel that this is an amazing project with a lot of potential.

A good friend of mine has created a web app for playing Turbo Mafia games. It's extremely customizable, and is updated often. He's trying to add new roles and options to increase the customizability of the game as often as possible.

It's kind of like -Mafia- on the StarCraft II Arcade or like Town of Salem, but made with Forum Mafia players in mind.

Some of the interesting functions include:
Private games: You can host a private game, and then share the link with your friends to join. People without the link will be unable to join your game.
Host Role: Users can choose to be solely a Host, allowing them to hand pick roles but have them displayed only as Hidden Roles to the Players. This is similar to Forum Mafia in that you can confirm the balance of the game, or preselect a game before hand. Although this does create Host-Meta, it is also fun option that allows one to host really unique games while maintaining balance.
Custom Factions: Hosts can create custom factions. The Host selects what roles can be in the Custom Faction; you could have a Witch and Serial Killer share a win condition. Options that the factions can have include things like: Night Chat, a Kill Immune Role, a Detection Immune Role, a Factional Kill, etc. You can also control the win condition for the Factions, selecting what factions another faction can win with. This feature is especially nice for games like 5-sided mafia.
Game Length: The game can also be customized to allow for different Day and Night lengths. This option is in minutes, allowing a host to have a turbo game that lasts 20 minutes, or a full length game that can last for weeks.

It's really neat, and I wish I had more time to play around on it and play more games. But, alas, 2 children, work, and personal life has kept me away from Mafia lately. Hoping to return more soon, if time allows! The only concern I have with this project is that the player base is currently low, so Public Games are few and far between.

The site to access it is here: http://narrator.systeminplace.net/

Return to “The Speakeasy”