Random~

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 132

Re: Random~

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 am Looks like we're in for Irma here on the west coast of Florida. Already made reservations at a hotel in case the power goes out since my husband has to have electricity for his heart life vest. Dreading this.
Hoping for good fortunes, juliets. Any idea how much of an impact it's set to make in the state? Anyway, I'm thoroughly convinced you have everything planned out, in case of emergency.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:48 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:16 am Looks like we're in for Irma here on the west coast of Florida. Already made reservations at a hotel in case the power goes out since my husband has to have electricity for his heart life vest. Dreading this.
Hoping for good fortunes, juliets. Any idea how much of an impact it's set to make in the state? Anyway, I'm thoroughly convinced you have everything planned out, in case of emergency.
Well, they are pretty sure it's going to make a direct hit on Florida it's just a matter of where. It seems to be shifting north which is good for us but not good for people on the east coast. And lol you are right, I have it as planned out as I can given all the uncertainty.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by unfurl »

I have not been around for a while, but I just wanted to say Hello/Hi :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

hi :o
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

OH MY GOD UNFURL!!!!!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

unfurl wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:05 pm I have not been around for a while, but I just wanted to say Hello/Hi :)
:faint:

:lorab:

:daisy:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Hi Ricochet
Hi Juliets, I saw above that you live in that Florida, Ihope everyting goes well
Hi G-Man :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hello, unfurl!!! :yay:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Epignosis »

I have invented a board game prototype. :)

Our family played it tonight. I'd say it's good stuff.

It's a sci-fi game that can be as cooperative or as competitive as you like depending on the number of players you have.

We have 5 players, so we ran a 4 vs 1. We only got 30 minutes in due to bedtimes, but so far, I think it's great.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

:o I'd buy it sight unseen! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 61

Post by nutella »

Sounds cool! I'd be interested in more detail. Some friends and I have dabbled in game design including board games.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 15

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:32 pm I have invented a board game prototype. :)

Our family played it tonight. I'd say it's good stuff.

It's a sci-fi game that can be as cooperative or as competitive as you like depending on the number of players you have.

We have 5 players, so we ran a 4 vs 1. We only got 30 minutes in due to bedtimes, but so far, I think it's great.
Kickstarter? Or just for funzies.

I'm interested.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The latter, although if I can work out potentially game-breaking strategies, it could move into more serious territory.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

LIFE HAS MANY DOORS ED BOY
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Seems we Nauruans made the Washington Post with a storm that blitzed and ravaged through my hometown's region yesterday afternoon. Article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... defd2a1e8a

The skies turned dark, the clouds brown with dust, the winds teared in, small booths near our supermarket got disassembled, power lines and traffic light got plucked out in, like, 5 minutes. It was quite surreal.

I didn't write this down in "99 problems", because nothing of significance happened really to our building and my family, except for losing power and me still having to go to a trumpet rehearsal, because the teacher is fearlessly cray. But acquaintances of mine were driving home or were stuck somewhere out or found their cars smashed in their parking lot; the city center was littered with rooftop tiles from very old buildings; I had to slalom through fallen trees today in the park route I take towards work; at school, the gym teacher couldn't come, because her daughter was hit in the head with a tile, and another teacher had his house's roof fly off; and the third grade girl in my piano class claimed she was out with her aunt and saw a car being hit by power cables and catch fire... with people inside. :|

Safe to say we aren't quite prepped for the end of times.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:18 pm Seems we Nauruans made the Washington Post with a storm that blitzed and ravaged through my hometown's region yesterday afternoon. Article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu ... defd2a1e8a

The skies turned dark, the clouds brown with dust, the winds teared in, small booths near our supermarket got disassembled, power lines and traffic light got plucked out in, like, 5 minutes. It was quite surreal.

I didn't write this down in "99 problems", because nothing of significance happened really to our building and my family, except for losing power and me still having to go to a trumpet rehearsal, because the teacher is fearlessly cray. But acquaintances of mine were driving home or were stuck somewhere out or found their cars smashed in their parking lot; the city center was littered with rooftop tiles from very old buildings; I had to slalom through fallen trees today in the park route I take towards work; at school, the gym teacher couldn't come, because her daughter was hit in the head with a tile, and another teacher had his house's roof fly off; and the third grade girl in my piano class claimed she was out with her aunt and saw a car being hit by power cables and catch fire... with people inside. :|

Safe to say we aren't quite prepped for the end of times.
Wow, that's crazy. Glad you weren't personally affected, but I can't even imagine.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FUCK GRADING PAPERS
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:27 am FUCK GRADING PAPERS
:srsnod:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Quin »

i can't believe its already october what
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

The Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine has been awarded. The research nabbing the award is pretty cool.
My Banners:
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I know religion is a touchy subject in general and for some around here but I have to sing my daughter's praises a little bit.

Today our church did a meal-packing event with Rise Against Hunger. Every 3,000 meals we packed, they banged a gong and had someone pray. Unbeknownst to my wife and I, our Director of Outreach Ministries asked Chloe to pray after one of the gongs. She's got a gift for praying for someone her age (6 years old). The fact that she wasn't even nervous speaking in front of over 150 people made her former-Toastmaster papa even prouder.
My Banners:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 15

Post by speedchuck »

G-Man wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:04 pm I know religion is a touchy subject in general and for some around here but I have to sing my daughter's praises a little bit.
Daughter worship!!!! :feb:

No, seriously, that's really great.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Spacedaisy »

:) Agreed!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

It is I, the ghost of Mafia Past.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thats really great G-Man.

Also in the good news category I get out of the hospital next Tuesday! Still can't walk or use my shoulder but at least I'll be at home.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

That's excellent to hear Juliets!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I greeted a former student of mine who is now a senior. She was wearing scrubs. It was first thing in the morning, and I was putting my lunch in another teacher's refrigerator. She came in and dropped off her things. While I was making small talk with her she took off her pants. Nothing underneath but skin and little yellow panties.

Apparently she'd put her pants on backwards that morning, and chose that particular moment to remedy the situation.

Remember that this is the lot that will be graduating high school in about six more months. :|
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So, what is everybody doing for Thanksgiving this year? Visiting friends or relatives? Entertaining others at home? Doing something with just the family? What are your plans? Share so we can all enjoy. We can't travel to our families this year because of me so I ordered dinner from Fresh Market and we will spend it with just the two of us.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by dunya »

hope you're able to visit them at christmas, juliets.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:50 pm hope you're able to visit them at christmas, juliets.
unfortunately, Christmas is out too. :( but thanks for the thought.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Oh yeah I remembered now sorry :( No Christmas too. Well what is Christmas anyway, just another reason to overspend and overindulge. :p

I'm not celebrating it with my family this year either, it's just me and my brother.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Lol - actually I'm looking a little forward to it just being the two of us for Christmas but that feeling may change when we get to Christmas Eve. My mom is all about Christmas so she makes it special.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Aww no one is sharing what they are doing for Thanksgiving :( I love to read about how people are celebrating.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm headed over to Columbus Ohio to spend thanksgiving with a friend and her family. So I can spend the break making awkward small talk with people who think we're dating, I guess we might also see some things in Columbus, but honestly I've got no idea what there's to do in the city.
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sig wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:29 pm I'm headed over to Columbus Ohio to spend thanksgiving with a friend and her family. So I can spend the break making awkward small talk with people who think we're dating, I guess we might also see some things in Columbus, but honestly I've got no idea what there's to do in the city.
Isn't Columbus the city with the concrete corn in a field? And lol on the awkward small talk! Maybe you can escape to a football game on tv.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I got a ton of shampoo in my eyes.

What am I, 7? -_-
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Net Neutrality was discussed, like, last year somewhere in here. Anyone remember where? A search for "net neutrality" comes up empty. Maybe you can @mention me if you find it.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:50 am Net Neutrality was discussed, like, last year somewhere in here. Anyone remember where? A search for "net neutrality" comes up empty. Maybe you can @mention me if you find it.
[mention]Long Con[/mention] You can find it in The Thread That Must Not Be Named.

The Politics Thread, but only if you can access it.
My Banners:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

:faint: Is it invite only?
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm pretty sure it was locked in lead box, welded shut, encased in concrete, dropped into the deepest part of the Marianas Trench, and is currently protected by a rotating shift of irascible kraken.

I don't know who, if anyone, has access to it.
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think only the admins.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

G-Man wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 pm I'm pretty sure it was locked in lead box, welded shut, encased in concrete, dropped into the deepest part of the Marianas Trench, and is currently protected by a rotating shift of irascible kraken.
:srsnod:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The politics thread is one of my horcruxes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:49 pm I think only the admins.
Pretty sure I can unlock it if I want it. The options are appearing for me.

Well, I haven't clicked the "yes" button to test it. I figure if I mess with that thread without permisssion the spirit of SVS will come back from the grave to take my soul.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

But it's tempting. It's like the thread is the One Ring, asking me to wear it so I can help it get back to Mordor.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh interesting ddl. I don't even know where the thread is. I think you probably have access by mistake but I could be wrong.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Nah it wasn't a mistake. It seems all mods can access it.

There is a good chance the irascible kraken will show up if we get too close, though.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:04 am Aww no one is sharing what they are doing for Thanksgiving :( I love to read about how people are celebrating.
I will bring us back to this topic.

Today, we're going to my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. It's normally a big, extended family even but most of my cousins are in college now, so no one is traveling from out of town. It will be just the four of us, my parents, my sister's crew, and grandma. It will be weird this year without everyone else but we'll probably break out some of grandma's old-school board games.

Tomorrow is Christmas cookie day. M mother-in-law's family always gets together on Black Friday to make cookies. My wife's aunts are both loud talkers, so it's always trying on the ears. But it's mostly fun. The first time I was brought along while we were dating I found the concept of spending a whole day making and decorating cookies to be tedious so I got snarky and spent an inordinate amount of time decorating some very fancy-looking cookies. Since that day, 10 or so years ago, my fancy-pants cookies are highly anticipated.

Saturday is Thanksgiving with my father-in-law's side of the family. This involves a good meal, card games, and hearing my father-in-law and his dad complain about how the officials and/or announcers are either biased for the Dallas Cowboys or against their precious Washington Redskins (depending on which game is on). :p
My Banners:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I love your Thanksgiving story G-Man, thanks for sharing! Lots of Thanksgiving celebrations for you.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “The Speakeasy”