Tea Drinkers of the World, Unite and Praise Wilgy

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Tea Drinkers of the World, Unite and Take Over!!

Post by bea »

that does sound yummy!!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

It does! I eveen reused the cranberries a few times, but I kept plucking them out of my glass and eating them so they are pretty much gone at this point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, but it's been a while since I posted in the tea thread so this one it is.

Since my new hubby and I both have been wiped out with The Crud Part 2: Revenge of the Crud, I decided to take matters into my own hands today. Whilst grocery shopping, I picked up stuff for hot toddy's. (Also - it's football Sunday and I've been so sick I haven't had a drink in well over a week. This must end I say!)

So - I'm a super fan of this hot toddy recipe:

3/4 cup of tea (I used Earl Grey naturally)
1 Tblsp Honey
2 Shots Brandy (I liked the 2 shots, my sweetie made that weird Hunter S. Thompson "OMG! These Drugs!" Lizard face.

Sooo....for your non-drinkiey friends:

Make it 2 tbsp Honey
1 shot brandy

Hubby liked that much better.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

Oo I will have to shared this with my husband. He was making hot toddies regularly for a while last Winter, but I don't remember the recipe he used.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I saw this today and thought of this thread. http://www.jenis.com/hot-toddy-sorbet-pint/

But holy cow that's expensive.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am making a decaf green tea with ginger and lemongrass right now for the first time. The box informs me that "Tea is naturally gluten-free." XD k, thx.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:I saw this today and thought of this thread. http://www.jenis.com/hot-toddy-sorbet-pint/

But holy cow that's expensive.
I'm all for the Hot version of this recipe. I think it looses something in translation when it's made into sorbet.
I mean - Ice cream for cold remedies?

No. I just can't even.

I will warm wiskey and lemon and water - or brandy and lemon and tea - any sick friend. It's an amazing thing.

but I really truely don't think it translates cold. It looses everything that a HOT toddy is supposed to be.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Hedgeowl wrote:I am making a decaf green tea with ginger and lemongrass right now for the first time. The box informs me that "Tea is naturally gluten-free." XD k, thx.

go tea box!!! Thank you so much for being even more princess obvious than I am on a daily basis. You make me feel less crazy. :D
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 108

Post by A Person »

I have longjing tea k :o
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 23

Post by thellama73 »

I had three gimlets tonight. Gimlets are like tea except that instead of being make of leaves, it's gin and Rose's lime cordial.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

That's not anything like tea!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I agree with Llama except I like mine with vodka
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

oolong tea here

abump
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Lizzy »

Cherry rooibos, 2nd infusion. And a golden delicious apple. :mafia:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I made the last cup of lapsang souchong I had as a gift from Lizzy, it was the last remaining tea from her that I had. [cry face]
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Ahhhhhh other tea drinkers!! This makes me so happy!

I dig a good strong Irish Breakfast or regular chai tea in the morning with honey and a splash of milk.

Also, at the risk of looking like a creepy selling Internet bot (I promise I won't try to sell you knock-off shoes), if anyone is looking for reasonably priced, tasty teas with nerd themes, adagio teas is AWESOME. My friend got me Ten Tea (Ten for the Tenth Doctor, of course) and it was incredible (I just ran out and I'm terribly, terribly sad about that). Irish Breakfast, chocolate nibs, and marigold flowers. Here's the site: http://www.adagio.com/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

nijuukyugou wrote:Ahhhhhh other tea drinkers!! This makes me so happy!

I dig a good strong Irish Breakfast or regular chai tea in the morning with honey and a splash of milk.

Also, at the risk of looking like a creepy selling Internet bot (I promise I won't try to sell you knock-off shoes), if anyone is looking for reasonably priced, tasty teas with nerd themes, adagio teas is AWESOME. My friend got me Ten Tea (Ten for the Tenth Doctor, of course) and it was incredible (I just ran out and I'm terribly, terribly sad about that). Irish Breakfast, chocolate nibs, and marigold flowers. Here's the site: http://www.adagio.com/
I saw a collection of MLP themed tea a while back and wanted it but I need to get the money first :(
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

A Person wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Ahhhhhh other tea drinkers!! This makes me so happy!

I saw a collection of MLP themed tea a while back and wanted it but I need to get the money first :(
Money is the reason I haven't replenished my Ten Tea. She is a cruel mistress.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

nijuukyugou wrote:Money is the reason I haven't replenished my Ten Tea. She is a cruel mistress.
ture :sigh:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

I'll be spending a fair amount tomorrow on some Aloe Vera & Echinacea Rooibos and something green, but I don't know what yet. Tea preferably... :blush:
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fingersplints »

nijuukyugou wrote:Also, at the risk of looking like a creepy selling Internet bot (I promise I won't try to sell you knock-off shoes), if anyone is looking for reasonably priced, tasty teas with nerd themes, adagio teas is AWESOME. My friend got me Ten Tea (Ten for the Tenth Doctor, of course) and it was incredible (I just ran out and I'm terribly, terribly sad about that). Irish Breakfast, chocolate nibs, and marigold flowers. Here's the site: http://www.adagio.com/
These are so fun!
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

fingersplints wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Also, at the risk of looking like a creepy selling Internet bot (I promise I won't try to sell you knock-off shoes), if anyone is looking for reasonably priced, tasty teas with nerd themes, adagio teas is AWESOME. My friend got me Ten Tea (Ten for the Tenth Doctor, of course) and it was incredible (I just ran out and I'm terribly, terribly sad about that). Irish Breakfast, chocolate nibs, and marigold flowers. Here's the site: http://www.adagio.com/
These are so fun!
One can spend a stupid amount of time on that site. So. Many. Teas.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

nijuukyugou wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
These are so fun!
"Hmm, this Oolong blend really reminds me of Wincest..."
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

insertnamehere wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
These are so fun!
"Hmm, this Oolong blend really reminds me of Wincest..."
Tee hee :biggrin:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I am drinking iced longjing ^_^
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Well, lookie here at all of these snot-nosed prim n' proper types with their "Doolung" and "Rudy-O" tea? Why can't they drink Lipton Black Tea, the drink of America? No sugar, sweetener is for pussies. And if you even mention milk, they're gonna be scraping bits of your ass off of the Big Wall of China, or whatever the hell it's called.

Seriously though, reading this thread makes me feel ashamed at my amateur level of tea appreciation. I still use tea bags, yes, I ashamed of myself too. Every time I try and delve deeper into the world of tea, I read about infusions, blends, mixtures, concoctions, and all sorts of witchcraft that makes me feel intimidated and inadequate.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

insertnamehere wrote:Well, lookie here at all of these snot-nosed prim n' proper types with their "Doolung" and "Rudy-O" tea? Why can't they drink Lipton Black Tea, the drink of America? No sugar, sweetener is for pussies. And if you even mention milk, they're gonna be scraping bits of your ass off of the Big Wall of China, or whatever the hell it's called.

Seriously though, reading this thread makes me feel ashamed at my amateur level of tea appreciation. I still use tea bags, yes, I ashamed of myself too. Every time I try and delve deeper into the world of tea, I read about infusions, blends, mixtures, concoctions, and all sorts of witchcraft that makes me feel intimidated and inadequate.
The secret to appreciating tea more is to drink more ;)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

A Person wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Well, lookie here at all of these snot-nosed prim n' proper types with their "Doolung" and "Rudy-O" tea? Why can't they drink Lipton Black Tea, the drink of America? No sugar, sweetener is for pussies. And if you even mention milk, they're gonna be scraping bits of your ass off of the Big Wall of China, or whatever the hell it's called.

The secret to appreciating tea more is to drink more ;)
Ture. :noble:

About two years ago, I was drinking Lipton bagged green tea and thought I was such a tea enthusiast. Truth be told, it was quite a novelty to drink green tea for pleasure and not herbal stuff that you pick and dry yourself for medicinal purposes. But then I went to Poland and tried some loose leaf green tea with various flavours, which I would still have with lemon and sugar because I couldn't stand the taste. In time I discovered two tea shops and started trying stuff from there. I'm still learning, btw, especially when it has to do with the brewing temperature. I only have an electric kettle that boils the water to 100C, so I have to guess the correct-ish temperature when I try to steep green tea or oolong and then try to figure out how long I'm supposed to let that steep. You get used to it in time, and before you know it you become a tea snob yourself. But that's because it can be so delicious. ;D Your tea conversations will be something like:
I got some tea.
Really? What kind?
Oolong.
Really? What kind?
Dong ding.
Really? Where from?
Uhm... Taiwan.
Cool. Where from?
Errr... the high mountains...
Nice. Where from?
Oh sod off!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Lizzy wrote: Dong ding.
And Asians wonder why people make fun of their languages.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

It's also called Tung Ting if that sounds better.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

It could be called monkey diarrhea. It's still absolutely delicious (the tea, I mean).
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:It could be called monkey diarrhea. It's still absolutely delicious (the tea, I mean).
I'd love me a cup of monkey diarrhea.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I've been enjoying phoenix pearls. But mother of pearl, it's not cheap.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:I've been enjoying phoenix pearls. But mother of pearl, it's not cheap.
I've been quite curious about that, but I'm not a big fan of jasmine in my tea. :\ I could ask for a sample next time though... :ponder:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

i like jasmine more for the smell than the taste
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I've been enjoying phoenix pearls. But mother of pearl, it's not cheap.
I've been quite curious about that, but I'm not a big fan of jasmine in my tea. :\ I could ask for a sample next time though... :ponder:
I would pair it with a nice fruity rooibos then. It definitely cuts through the zing of the jasmine. So I brew half pearls and half rooibos tropica (from Teavana) usually. It's also nice iced.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
I would pair it with a nice fruity rooibos then. It definitely cuts through the zing of the jasmine. So I brew half pearls and half rooibos tropica (from Teavana) usually. It's also nice iced.
D: Rooibos tropica! Sounds like my Sonne Afrikas, which I'm pretty much out of. :overreact: I don't know why my brain seems to freeze when it comes to blends. It does the same thing when it comes to cocktails. I guess I'm used to pretty good quality stuff which is good on its own, and mixing it would be blasphemous. Butt, I'm seriously considering getting a sample of phoenix pearls k and perhaps even mixing it with some rooibos.

I still don't know what type of Chinese green tea I bought, but if it's steeped just right, it's amazing. It has dried pineapple, mango, orange blossom and rose petals. <3
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Tea is gross, where's the coffee thread?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Turnip Head wrote:Tea is gross, where's the coffee thread?
no ur gross
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I love coffee and almost never drink tea, but I don't know what a coffee thread would be besides:
"Had a cup of black coffee. It was awesome."

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
I love coffee and almost never drink tea, but I don't know what a coffee thread would be besides:
"Had a cup of black coffee. It was awesome."
You could talk about different style roasts and brewing methods and stuff.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

and different things to do with coffee like crazy starbucks drinks :D
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Epignosis »

Brewing my first cup of Roobios Red. :tea:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Brewing my first cup of Roobios Red. :tea:
That's really good iced, btw.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
What about sweet?

I normally drink black teas, but I saw this this morning and decided I'd try it. It's very good. Not tannic at all like some blacks can be.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
What about sweet?

I normally drink black teas, but I saw this this morning and decided I'd try it. It's very good. Not tannic at all like some blacks can be.
Fun fact! Rooibos is actually needles instead of a conventional leaf, so it won't get that tannic feel that blacks and oolongs get. Sweet is good because I think it has a natural sweetness that you can play up with the right amount of sweetener.

Some people in South Africa like to make a Capetown Fog, which is like a London Fog by adding milk and vanilla syrup.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've never had Oolong either, so that's on my list of things to try.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:I've never had Oolong either, so that's on my list of things to try.

This is an oversimplification, but it's inbetween a black tea and a green tea on the black <---> white spectrum.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I've never had Oolong either, so that's on my list of things to try.

This is an oversimplification, but it's inbetween a black tea and a green tea on the black <---> white spectrum.
ture, and there are greener oolongs that are oxidized only a little more than green teas, and darker ones that are almost completely oxidized like black tea is.

Return to “The Speakeasy”