One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

Kick back and relax by discussing anything unrelated to mafia at The Syndicate's Speakeasy.

Moderator: Community Team

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

Post by Mongoose »

Question:

Champagne from my wedding - can I still drink it? Or at least bake with it?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 2

Post by S~V~S »

How old?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:How old?
2 years, 2 months
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 11

Post by thellama73 »

If it has been stored in a cool dry place away from light, I would say yes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Soooo does the fridge count?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:Soooo does the fridge count?
As long as the door hasn't been open so much that the little light has been shining on it the whole time.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:What's the Finnish version of 911?

I've been repeatedly diagnosed with hypochondria and I fear it might be deadly.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Beer is good. So is Scotch. Bourbon is too sweet, I usually prefer rye.
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hedgeowl »

Portland beer report:

Having a small bebay seriously infringes on your drinking time, but we managed to squeeze some in anyway. Our friend's wedding was at McMenamins Edgefield, which is basically a complex that is nicer than college dorms, but designed for events. They have 17 bars/distilleries on site, some not bigger then a closet. McMenamins beer served all places and they have lots of pubs all around Portland too. Our favorites were their Porter and Stout, probably because those are our favorite types of beer. However, when we tasted each other's we noticed there was not a huge difference between these two beers. So...

Other place we enjoyed was Hopworks Urban Brewery. Had their flight of 10 types and yes they really do like hops. They were intensely hoppy overall, but my favorite was their 7 grain stout. Too much coffee flavor for the husband though. But I dont drink coffee, so I actually enjoy a bit of coffee flavor in my beer and ice cream. Plus, this has got to be super healthy beer for you right? It's organic and has whole grains!!
http://hopworksbeer.com/organic-beer/survival-stout
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Hedgeowl »

Had the best time at the Outer Backs Brewing Station this evening. If you ever find yourself in Nags Head, they have an awesome fenced outdoor area with picnic tables, corn hole, and a wooden pirate ship playground. It is seriously awesome for kids and their parents. We all had the Abracadabra Brown Ale, which was fine, but not anything to write home about.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

We had my going away party at the Sea Dog Brewery up the road in Clearwater. I had the orange, blueberry, and apricot beers. The blueberry Sea Dog is objectively the world's tastiest beer.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I had the unusual hankering for a cocktail on the sweeter side, so I am acquainting myself with the lovely Billionaire. It is sweet, slightly bitter, and light in body. It is better than my day, which was bitchy, defiant, and had faint notes of blame-shifting and ass-covering.

:martini:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:I had the unusual hankering for a cocktail on the sweeter side, so I am acquainting myself with the lovely Billionaire. It is sweet, slightly bitter, and light in body. It is better than my day, which was bitchy, defiant, and had faint notes of blame-shifting and ass-covering.

:martini:
:hug: I know that feel.

In the past two days I've had to have the hard talk with a new employee explaining that he's got one foot out the door if he doesn't start following attendance policies and then have a right and serious be angry with my management staff for general slacking.

Ok - not general slacking. Right pissing me off.

See - we have these evaluations 4 times a year. We had our first one a couple of months ago. Back during that one we were eligible for the highest grade. It's just like school - 100-90 = A etc. (you know, using the easy grade scale not that wonked one where a 94 is a B) - first time around we missed our A (which comes with a nice little cash bonus btw) bye 8 points.

Next round of evaluations started today. Dude hit 4 stores all over the city. I walked into work where my AM and my shift runner (part time manager/part time driver) are both working. TWO members of my management staff on the clock. Do a surprise self inspection on them because I want the baseline of what is happening when I'm not there right? We are eligable for a 97. That means if we do everything right the day he walks into the store - we will get a 97. I have 7 points of wiggle room. That's like 2 stupid things OR 1 bad pizza.

Between my two MANAGERS. - The people who set the example - I lost all my "image" points. One wasn't shaven and one didn't bother to tuck in his shirt. (see? stoopid crap cost me 3 points.) One remake of a pizza. Missdated food. Not enough dough proofed and ready to go to handle the sales volume (which ticked me off not only for the evaluation points but also because it meant my night was hosed because I wasn't set to run shift correctly)

Then all the stuff we always loose points on - (some of it is literally unconrtolable. We try as hard as we can, but we are a corner lot in a not great area. I can clean the windows 3 times a day and sure as you can bet, he'll come in 10 seconds after there's a hand print on the door.)

In one quick second, we went from a potential 97 to the 65 I ended up scoring us at.

So not happy. So SO not happy.

If I could get away with O/Cing for the next several weeks, I srrsly would. I'm skerred of what's going on when I'm not there. :(

In any event, I took my last 10 dollars and spent it on cheep booze because being a grown up sucks it. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

wow. God - that brought down the party fast. :( - Most of that should have been in the journal.

Now I copy paste! :D

Sorry guys! Um...Yay!! cheep booze!!! :D
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

If you're scared when you are not there, you need to replace the people who scare you with ones who don't. NOT use it as an opportunity to spend more time there then you already do, cause, you know, no one does it right but you.

I know you. If you don't feel comfortable delegating to those that you have, find a way to find those to whom you feel comfortable delegating.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

S~V~S wrote:If you're scared when you are not there, you need to replace the people who scare you with ones who don't. NOT use it as an opportunity to spend more time there then you already do, cause, you know, no one does it right but you.

I know you. If you don't feel comfortable delegating to those that you have, find a way to find those to whom you feel comfortable delegating.

I know you know me. And I'm doing that - I've moved the one I don't trust to working shifts where he does the least damage. But you also know me well enough to know the very fact that I have a "Lost Puppy." kills me. I keep wanting for that to change.

I keep wanting for him to be on the team. I know I have to accept the fact that he probably never will be, but it hurts. It hurts to loose a puppy.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I'm not a big drinker, but I LOVE to have a cocktail (or even two) at brunch. Last week, they had a special blood orange mimosa and I drank the crap out of that.

Followed by:

"Madison Maple Cafe:
Madison maple bourbon, Lucky Goat cold brew coffee, milk"
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I had my mint julep after the Kentucky Derby last night. I'm thinking a whiskey sour tonight. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've been knocking back boilermakers. English pale ale with a shot of bourbon dropped right in, glass and all.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Good for you!! Have one for me!
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Bourbon: If we're talking sheer volume consumed, then by far it's Mr. Beam. But if we're talking pleasure of Consumption, it's Evan Williams and Elmer T.

Scotch: Macallan 12 year. I've had the 15, 18, and a bunch of the Canadian and European varieties that don't have a year on them. Not rich enough for the 25. The 12, with its mellow flavor and buttery texture is my favorite. This one wins by volume and flavor.

Beer: Tough one. By volume, three way tie between Fat Tire, Erdinger Hefeweisen, und Yuengling. By flavor, I have no idea. I just love beer. But German and, to a lesser extent, Belgians are my favorites. I also really like stouts. The Guinness we get here in the US, and so are most stouts that aren't "imperials," but you know a good stout when you get one because you don't want anything else. I really like beer.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

notsawyer540 wrote:Bourbon: If we're talking sheer volume consumed, then by far it's Mr. Beam. But if we're talking pleasure of Consumption, it's Evan Williams and Elmer T.

Scotch: Macallan 12 year. I've had the 15, 18, and a bunch of the Canadian and European varieties that don't have a year on them. Not rich enough for the 25. The 12, with its mellow flavor and buttery texture is my favorite. This one wins by volume and flavor.

Beer: Tough one. By volume, three way tie between Fat Tire, Erdinger Hefeweisen, und Yuengling. By flavor, I have no idea. I just love beer. But German and, to a lesser extent, Belgians are my favorites. I also really like stouts. The Guinness we get here in the US, and so are most stouts that aren't "imperials," but you know a good stout when you get one because you don't want anything else. I really like beer.
I like the way you think.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Zero surprise Trev foudn this thread. :p <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Dom wrote:Zero surprise Trev foudn this thread. :p <3
I told you guys, I'm not that Trev dude. He's pretty awesome, but I feel like I was pretty clear on that. :p

I originally confused the tea drinkers thread for the alcohol drinkers thread. I do that a lot because reading's really boring and I tend to skip words.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Protip: Garnish a Moscow Mule with a slice of cucumber in addition to the lime garnish. Cocktail elevated.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

15 years ago I started buying an occasional bottle of cellar able wine to age. Drank my first one a few nights ago, a 2003 Bordeaux red... I've never tasted anything like it, every flavour integrated and balanced together. Amazing.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm drinking Smithwick's tonight because it's St. Patrick's Day but Guinness is unpleasant. Happy Ireland. :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I'm drinking a DeClaw's The Devil Made Me Do It golden sour with dinner. It's adequate but I realize that I have no understanding of how to rate beer. I don't dislike it but it's not a must-repeat either.

PS- 5.5% abv and I have a good buzz going. I am such a lightweight!
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

This thread needs to be resurrected.

Our local grocery store (part of a regional chain) now sells beer. They do a mix 6 option where you get to pick six individual bottles from a special section. It’s a tad overpriced, but it gets me some variety. I’m trying to figure out what ‘good beer’ is, so I’ll be mix 6-ing it for a while to broaden my horizons. Here’s what I’ve had so far:

Really Good:
-Yuengling Black & Tan (porter & pilsner blend)

Good:
-Stella Artois (pilsner)
-Mike’s Hard Pomegranate Blueberry Lemonade (not beer)

Okay:
-Lagunitas’ Hop Stoopid (ale)

My two remaining from this mix 6 are a strawberry blonde and a vanilla accented porter.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom

Return to “The Speakeasy”