Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by Spacedaisy »

What mafia game do you wish you could have played?

How does it feel to have won your first game?

Which of the members do you feel acts the most suspicious in general?

Which member do you think you find the most difficult to read?

What is you favorite color?

How long have you known MP?

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by A Person »

Why are you on the internet when you could be practicing piano instead?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

Mongoose wrote:How would you rate your addiction to this site, on a scale of 1 to 100?
Given how much it has heavily interefered with some of the following RL activities over the past month and a half:

focusing on my study
preparing for my IELTS certification exam
preparing my draft proposal for the workshop in England
preparing for the workshop in England
doing much of anything else on the internet
doing much of anything else late in the evening
doing much of anything else
sleeping
noticing there's a girlfriend I'm living with
noticing there's a world outside

I would say around 90.
A Person wrote:Why are you on the internet when you could be practicing piano instead?
I think this has been the question of my life for at least the past 10 years and the answer probably is that I can't help myself and that I don't feel like accomplishing anything in life.

---

Sorry, Spacedaisy, I'll answer your questions in the morning or so. In the meantime, keep' em coming, everyone.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Spacedaisy wrote:What mafia game do you wish you could have played?

How does it feel to have won your first game?

Which of the members do you feel acts the most suspicious in general?

Which member do you think you find the most difficult to read?

What is you favorite color?

How long have you known MP?

1. I didn't check that many past games when I joined, partly finding it quite impossible to understand much of the context or the discussions in them, apart from basic mechanics and such. That's why I just plunged into my first game and hoped to be able to adapt. I started out here by being drawn more by the theme than the sheer gaming, so based on that I would have liked to play Avant-Garde, maybe X-Men (I really like how it ended :noble:), The Hobbit, maybe Fight Club. I left out Harry Potter, although I think it was one of the first past games I checked, because it scared me into believing that playing in-character would be required (I would definitely suck at that), but it turns out I wasn't familiar with sockpuppet games and that it isn't the case at all in general. Nowadays, since I've played Donner and am playing Death Note, I'm starting to prefer games with atypical mechanisms. I would probably have also joined Mongoose's other Film game. I followed Cars and liked how the indy killer plowed through the players till a certain point (also, personally thought it was Snowy). I'd like to land such a role in the future.

2. Pretty incredible. I can't explain the feeling, but I really wanted to win Film, not so much for the newb victory but for the game itself. Of course, it was still a very lucky win, in context of putting so much effort not to lose my entire team along the way or given that the other team has been so close on winning it.

3. Too early to tell, "in general" at least. Epignosis seems to be a constant magnet, but I also think he's intentionally or purposefully confrontational - in fact, I think that's quite the understatement. I'm familiar with Vompatti's persona, so I'll probably get bored with his shenanigans in time. Zomberella's ways of hunting, jumping on players or making assumptions seems so erratic to me, I'm probably bound to be wary of that more often that not.

4. I found it impossible to challenge Dom in Film, but more in fear of his snappy rebuttals, because otherwise it turns out I picked up on some good signals about him. Right now, I think I can't read SVS at all, nor challenge her. I didn't really have good reads of many players, even if it wasn't necessarily in my "job description" either. I couldn't make any sense of Epig's shenanigans in Donner, but luckily I was able to solve that dilemma with the use of a bullet.

5. Red.

6. He won't like my answer, but I can't remember exactly. :grin: Probably since he joined ProgArchives, but more importantly, the spam & troll-infested Shred Rooms (think the Velvet Room was already obsolete by then). That's where I myself interracted with most of the PA members I'm still in touch with. Actually, I judged the passing of those generations based on certain powerful "trifectas" (such as Cygnus - Stonebeard - ManwithHat, for anyone who remembers them) and I think MP was part of the ... was it second or third?, together with Horse/BirdwithTeeth and ... uhm... BJ? KoS? Tor? Really can't remember.

7. This is the first time I'm hearing of a Klondike bar. Mmm vanilla.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Rico!

1. Favorite concert you've ever been to?
2. Favorite concert you've ever performed?
3. Will you be creating a mafia game? If so, what theme(s) were you thinking?
4. Do you prefer being civilian or mafia?

Also, not sure who was part of the trifecta myself, haha, but I do remember all three of those folks being around during different incarnations of the Shred Room.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rico!

1. Favorite concert you've ever been to?
2. Favorite concert you've ever performed?
3. Will you be creating a mafia game? If so, what theme(s) were you thinking?
4. Do you prefer being civilian or mafia?

Also, not sure who was part of the trifecta myself, haha, but I do remember all three of those folks being around during different incarnations of the Shred Room.
1. I'm known to be very pretentious (even borderline a hater) with the music I listen to, but overall I'm way more amiable going to concerts, so I loved most I've attended so far. I usually travel specifically for very important concerts, because my hometown hardly provides much besides an annual jazz festival and a few notable rock concerts. In classical, I've been utterly entranced by the piano recitals of Radu Lupu and Murray Perahia; I've also recently heard Concertgebouw Amsterdam with a genuine "CD-quality" top-notch performance of Strauss' Ein Heldenleben and a Third Piano Concerto by Beethoven in which they outclassed the soloist! But I may have an even better pick in mind: imagine one of the top chamber orchestras of the world (Lausanne) with the simplest programme possible: Haydn, two symphonies and a trumpet concerto; you might find it a light concert, but wrong: a superlative, spellbinding performance, I think my favourite by far.

In other genres, probably Esbjorn Svensson Trio playing in my hometown (I wasn't even fully converted to them back then and they still shook my world). Peter Hammill recently touched my heart with a solo and humble piano/guitar recital, also in my country. I've travelled abroad to see John Zorn (Paris), Van der Graaf Generator (Rome) or Peter Brotzmann (Budapest) and they all rocked.

2. Prokofiev's Second Concerto, sadly just the first movement, because it was a graduation concert and we were all slotted only with bits. But damn I love that work so much and I pulled it off very nicely, I think, was ecstatic afterwards. However, it now comes almost at a tie with playing Messiaen's Quartet for the End of Time; omg I don't even.

3. I don't know, I've monitored all three games I've been in so far (i.e. the sheets I created and posted during endgame) so I probably would get the hang of creating a traditional game and letting you all pick yourselves apart inside my world. :feb: I'd probably suck at the "creative writing" part of the host D/N posts. Anyone for tennis, for instance? I think I've read that such a game was created on previous forums, but a Breaking Bad game would be nice. I also happen to have in mind an absolutely crazy and complicated idea for a game, but I'm not even sure myself how that can be constructed. Won't go into more details.

4. Good question. :feb:
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Rico -

What is your favorite thing about where you live?
What is your favorite comfort food?
Did you know this site has lots of awesome people who love to co-host, so should you ever want help with the writing aspects or any other aspect of hosting a game, you would only need say the word and I'm sure people would be more than happy to step up and help out?
I read above that you lean pretty heavily toward classical and jazz music as preferences genra wise, is that an accurate statement?
What music are you embarassed about enjoying?
Do you have a significant other?
What do you do when you are not listening to music or playing mafia?
What did you want to be when you grew up at age 5? 10? 17? Are you anywhere near doing those things?
If not, what do you currently do to pay the bills and do you like the work you do?
If I were to visit you what are some of the things we would do?
If you were to visit me, what would you like to see in Phoenix?
What was your favorite subject in school? Least favorite?
Did you like school at all?
What sorts of things do you enjoy reading or watching on the TV or at the movies?
Do you cook? If so, do you have a signature dish? If so, what is it?
Are my questions annoying yet?
What is something you've always wanted to try but haven't yet?
Where is some place you would like to visit but haven't yet?
Where is the best place you've gone to for a vacation?
Is man inherently good, evil or neither? Why?
Nurture or nature or both? Why?
Do you like me? Is it because I'm awesome or because I'm awesomely aweful?
How many languages do you speak? Which ones?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'd better switch to in-quote green for this one.
bea wrote:Rico -

What is your favorite thing about where you live? Struggling for several years now to have something to like about my city (plus I shut myself in the house so much, I don't really interact with it either), because I actually find it a pretty dire place overall and the usual answers ("ooh it's so obviously Western-oriented", "ooh it's so multicultural", "ooh it's very active in all arts") don't satisfy me that much. If I were to give a cheeky answer right now, I'd say it's closest to escaping in my trips to other, more Western, countries, so that's actually pretty neat.

What is your favorite comfort food? Not so familiar with the concept, probably because I most eat either junk food or regular meals. Maybe "meatball soup". It's more traditional, my mom usually makes it on holidays and it does have that "nostalgic dish" quality for me.

Did you know this site has lots of awesome people who love to co-host, so should you ever want help with the writing aspects or any other aspect of hosting a game, you would only need say the word and I'm sure people would be more than happy to step up and help out? That's nice to know and I'll be sure to ask for help.

I read above that you lean pretty heavily toward classical and jazz music as preferences genra wise, is that an accurate statement? Pretty much, but I'd also include electronic/electroacoustic experimental music. There's also progressive rock, but apart from my all-time favourites, that genre is beginning to slip into "a thing of the past" for me tbh.

What music are you embarassed about enjoying? I think I've shed all my embarrassments by now. Cat Stevens? Kelly Family? Rick Wakeman? Yikes! Nowadays, everything I enjoy is official Rico-approved cool music. :slick:

Do you have a significant other? Yep. Three years in July.

What do you do when you are not listening to music or playing mafia? Study music. Troll on FB and the internet. Try to focus on actual important things to do, but fail most of the time.

What did you want to be when you grew up at age 5? 10? 17? Are you anywhere near doing those things? 5: Astronomer. 10: no idea whatsoever. 17: musician. Trying to get near a secure career on that last one, at the moment.

If not, what do you currently do to pay the bills and do you like the work you do? Unemployed. Keep trying to jump from one study degree to another. Running out of options, now that I'm a post-postgraduate.

If I were to visit you what are some of the things we would do? My dad has a saying that you can judge a city but how many days you'd need to visit it properly. By his standard, I expect any tourist to be stone bored after three days in my hometown - and I would even say that's putting it mildly. But if you visit me, I would probably do everything in my power to distract you from asking me to play something for you. :P

If you were to visit me, what would you like to see in Phoenix? I would either let you suggest what we should do or come prepared with a few ideas, since I'm always a freak planner in all my trips.

What was your favorite subject in school? Least favorite? Musical Form at the Conservatory, awesome teacher (friend with him right now), awesome courses. Except for my musical training, much of high-school and conservatory sucked otherwise. Drawing, chemistry and economics were particularly pointless as hell.

Did you like school at all? Not really. See above. Also, I hated everyone in high-school, except for my best friend, until 9th or 10th grade.

What sorts of things do you enjoy reading or watching on the TV or at the movies? Reading: mostly fiction. TV: classical and jazz concerts on Mezzo, interesting availble TV series or movies and scantily dressed chicks on Fashion TV :blush: . I only go to the movies to watch a blockbuster I really want to go see (Dark Knight, Guardians, Interstellar) or whatever girl wants to go see.

Do you cook? If so, do you have a signature dish? If so, what is it? Zero assets. Can't even make an omlette. Can flip pancakes decently. I once tried to make "leche frita" (fried milk), but I made my gril faint when she saw me drop the bits in the frying pan from two meters above.

Are my questions annoying yet? Yyyyno.

What is something you've always wanted to try but haven't yet? I don't know, I'm not eager to try that many things.

Where is some place you would like to visit but haven't yet? Lisbon.

Where is the best place you've gone to for a vacation? Paris or Florence.

Is man inherently good, evil or neither? Why? Too philosophical question for me, but I definitely am not the kind of guy to believe "inherently good" is close to the right answer. I don't know, maybe somewhere in the middle.

Nurture or nature or both? Why? Too philosophical question for me.

Do you like me? Is it because I'm awesome or because I'm awesomely aweful? I like you and am intrigued by you. Definitely closer to the awesome scale. Can't wait to play some more games with you to have an even better image.

How many languages do you speak? Which ones? My own, English, German (never adequately enough, tho) and Kobaian. Never learned French properly because my high-school teacher was an incompetent.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

Why do you not like playing for people?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Because I'm not used to entertain people with my playing, on the spot at least. The classical programme I usually prepare is more sophisticated and it wouldn't make a great light music session when guests are in the house and would like me to play something for them. I can't improvise. I don't know easy tunes by heart. I can't play Firth of Fifth. I don't even play romantic classical (like Waltzes by Chopin) that much to find it easy to pick something to please somebody with that. I prepare each one of my recitals and concerts as best as I can, but otherwise I pretty much sound like shit in my study until I achieve that.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I also have a bit of stage fright, tbh, but I usually pull it through. I behave better when I play with an ensemble or an orchestra, because I somehow motivate me to focus and play responsibly together with the others rather the get nervous because omg I'm on a stage in front of ppl.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:Because I'm not used to entertain people with my playing, on the spot at least. The classical programme I usually prepare is more sophisticated and it wouldn't make a great light music session when guests are in the house and would like me to play something for them. I can't improvise. I don't know easy tunes by heart. I can't play Firth of Fifth. I don't even play romantic classical (like Waltzes by Chopin) that much to find it easy to pick something to please somebody with that. I prepare each one of my recitals and concerts as best as I can, but otherwise I pretty much sound like shit in my study until I achieve that.
This fascinates me, because I can play "Firth of Fifth" (piano and guitar). I can play "Blue in Green" (piano and guitar). I can improvise, alone or with a group. I am very comfortable just sitting down and playing for people.

But I can't read music. Sure, I can tell you what key a piece is in, and I can tell you what note is what, but beyond that, it's a mystery to me. I'd have to name all the notes first just to identify even a simple chord. Reading the treble clef and the bass clef at the same time? Forget it. I have tried so many times to learn how to read, but each time I just wind up memorizing all the exercises.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well I can't say it's symptomatic to all classical-trained musicians (although our creativity is indeed far too often modelled only in regard to how to fully express the written music), but I've definitely done a poor job to ever colour outside the lines.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

I started out as a strict music reader and never had any ability to improvise until I started playing guitar and just picking up tunes by ear. Both approaches should be used together for maximum effectivosity.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer

Post by Canucklehead »

I dunno if this is the same in music, but as a dancer, I found that the ability to improvise confidently and authentically made me an infinitely better technician in my classical work, and an infinitely better interpreter of choreography. Before I was introduced to contemporary movement vocabularies and improvisation, I was the bunheadiest bunhead that ever donned a pair of pointe shoes, and the idea of doing anything, EVER, that wasn't "right" or "correct" or identifiable as a classical movement literally sent me into fits of panic. The first time my modern dance teacher asked us to improvise, I burst into tears and walked out of the studio (I was 16. :haha: ). I was just so terrified, and so beholden to my classical technique and training. But what I didn't realize until much much much later, was that improvisation is the only way to really understand what your body can do, where it can go, and how far you can push (physically, mentally, emotionally) before you can't pull it back. Understanding improvisation opened up an entirely new world for me, and I became a VERY different dancer (and, oddly, a much better ballerina). I am a fan of improv :nicenod:

I still love classical ballet. I still think it is excellent training. I still demand that any dancer I work with or teach has a solid classical foundation. I still think classical training is essential to becoming a great technician and athlete. But to become a great dancer, classical or otherwise, you need to understand your own body, and EVERYTHING that it can do, and all the weird niggly ugly scary places that your physicality can go to that classical ballet doesn't allow for. Even if you never do those things on stage, understanding exactly where the boundaries are, and how porous they are, is what turns a technician into an artist. One of the things I miss most about teaching ballet is seeing that so-familiar terror in the students' eyes when I ask them to improvise for the first time, and watching that (over time, and usually not without outbursts of some kind) slowly turn to awe at the capacity of their own instruments, and watching that confidence and expansiveness seep into their classical work. It's incredible.

Sorry, that was pretty rambly for an analogy that is maybe not that applicable to music.....and not at all related to the interrogation theme. :blush:

So, Rico.....do you like to dance? :grin:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Nope. :stare: But I get what you're saying. :)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:One-time opportunity, everyone.
Less than a day and a half left.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Rank every Tangerine Dream album you have in order of preference to the best of your ability, including solo albums. Now. Do it. :D
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rank every Tangerine Dream album you have in order of preference to the best of your ability, including solo albums. Now. Do it. :D
Do Klaus Schulze albums count as TD solo records? I say no.

Rubycon
Phaedra
Stratosfear
Edgar Froase - Aqua
Zeit
Alpha Centauri

That's all I have. :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Rank every Tangerine Dream album you have in order of preference to the best of your ability, including solo albums. Now. Do it. :D
Ricochet
Zeit
Encore
Rubycon
Phaedra
Poland
Logos Live
Mars Polaris
Tangram
Force Majeure
Antique Dreams
Inferno
Hyperborea
Edgar Froese - Aqua
Cyclone
Stratosfear
Electronic Meditation
Purgatorio
White Eagle
Exit
Alpha Centauri
Atem
Edgar Froese - Ages
Edgar Froese - Stuntman
Edgar Froese - Dalinetopia
The Seven Letters from Tibet
Edgar Froese - Epsilon in Malaysian Pale
220 Volt Live
Jeanne D'Arc
Livemiles
Green Desert
Sohoman
Kyoto
Rockoon
Quinoa
Le Parc
Peter Baumann - Romance '76
Edgar Froese - Macula Transfer
Paradiso
Tournado
Optical Race
Turn of the Tides
Edgar Froese - Pinnacles
Madcap's Flaming Duty
Tyger
Edgar Froese - Kamikaze 1989
Lily on the Beach
Melrose
TD Plays TD
Valentine Wheels
Goblin's Club
Tyranny of Beauty
Underwater Sunlight
*tons of other Eastgate shit I can't even recall by name*
*Christopher Franke's discography. Seriously*
Peter Baumann - Repeat Repeat
Ambient Monkeys
Phaedra 2005

Jerome and others can bite me. And yes, Schulze is Schulze.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by A Person »

What kind of underwear do you wear?
What is something you do or have or have done that might surprise even us PAers?
What percentage of your life have you spent listening to TD/KS?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

A Person wrote:What kind of underwear do you wear?
What is something you do or have or have done that might surprise even us PAers?
What percentage of your life have you spent listening to TD/KS?
Male thong no homo.
(See above? otherwise) I don't know. I'm not that unpredictable. :shrug:
Last.fm says this

But I think it's safe to say you can double those figures, because I haven't scrobbled my music constantly and from the beginning. So, say, a total 5 months of my life for both? I'm actually sad I didn't discover them when I was 3 years old instead of 13.
I know for a fact that a complete Schulze marathon would take 11 days.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Hi Rico :)

Do you often find yourself rebounding off of walls, furniture, etc?
What is your favorite thing to skip?
What is your least favorite thing to bounce off of?
Do you surf like that dog?
Have you ever played the game called Carom?
When ricocheting what is your favorite angle?
Do you like the band Ricochet?
Do your socks match right now?
;)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Roxy wrote:Hi Rico :)

Do you often find yourself rebounding off of walls, furniture, etc?
What is your favorite thing to skip?
What is your least favorite thing to bounce off of?
Do you surf like that dog?
Have you ever played the game called Carom?
When ricocheting what is your favorite angle?
Do you like the band Ricochet?
Do your socks match right now?
Lol, you. My nickname doesn't really match my energy bar.

What dog? Anyway, we don't surf in this country. I mean, I'm far from the sea, I hate my sea and I've only visited calm seas, except maybe in South Portugal, but even there the waves were mild.

Nope, never played that.

I'm only aware of a metal band called Ricochet (or is it Ricocher?) and I've never listened to them. I like the song Ricochet by Anekdoten very much, though. I even like the album that song is from more than their heavier, classic ones.

My socks surprisingly match today. Not sure how I pulled that off.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

LOL glad you get my sense of humor.

This is the dog I was referring to

;)
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

OMG best dog.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Elohcin »

I need to make it a point to come here more often. I have enjoyed reading about you Rico.

1. Do you work out? If so, what type of exercise is your favorite?
2. Are you religious?
3. Do you wear hats? What kind?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Elohcin wrote:I need to make it a point to come here more often. I have enjoyed reading about you Rico.

1. Do you work out? If so, what type of exercise is your favorite?
2. Are you religious?
3. Do you wear hats? What kind?
I'm glad, Elo. :)

1. Nothing about my lifestyle is healthy (sedentary as hell, beer belly without drinking any beer, although I've been getting more vegetables than fries at dinner lately, no matter how fully discontent I am with that :mafia:). I usually jog during the summer, but that's basically the problem as well, because I stop doing it in the other months and basically have to reboot all over again the following year. Two years ago, I think, I was forced to go to a gym, but the only thing I did there was to run and to flex some weights.

2. Agnostic.

3. I wear only winter hats when it's the season and here I prefer visor beanies (at least I think they're called this way). I lost the Columbia one I had this past December and had to buy a cheap H&M which then I lost as well on my recent trip to London (it matched the color of my bus seat really well). :goofp: But since I was in London, I could actually go and buy a new Columbia, so win.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What is your favorite Echolyn song?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:What is your favorite Echolyn song?
I haven't listened to them in a long while. I liked mei a lot, but obviously as a whole.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
I haven't listened to them in a long while. I liked mei a lot, but obviously as a whole.
My favorite.

How old are you?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
My favorite.

How old are you?

A good friend posted on my FB a clip to "21" when I turned that age. :D
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I'll answer any more questions tomorrow, with the Host's permission of course, in case she nominates a new guest in the meantime.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I do actually have new volunteer, but should you all want to leave questions for Rico, just make sure to make it clear they are for him and he can finish any that you have left for him. In the meantime....

Our next victim is.....

Zomberella!!!
Here is your chance to get to know Mrs. Snowman! :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Zombarella »

Hello :)
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I will kick it off...

how did you meet Snowman? (You may have told me but I've forgotten already)
What is your favorite band?
Do you listen to Stevie Wonder?
What was your first impression of MP?
What led you into accounting?
What is your favorite game to play?
Who do you trust more, me or MP?
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite drink?
Where is your favorite place to live?
Where have you never been but you would really love to visit someday?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

How did you meet Snowman? (You may have told me but I've forgotten already)

We met in high school; he was 15 and I was 14. We had an art class together. We were friends for a long time before I asked him out on our first date.

What is your favorite band?

Tie between Barbara Streisand (I know, not a band, don't care), U2, Aerosmith, Imagine Dragons, REM, The Cure, Ke$ha (also not a band, still don't care), Simon and Garfunkel, and One Republic. I literally cannot pick just one.

Do you listen to Stevie Wonder?

Nope

What was your first impression of MP?

I thought, "He's got kinda long hair." Then I thought, "Wow. He's really smart."

What led you into accounting?

One of my first jobs was working as the drive up cashier at McDonalds. I really liked it. Later I was working as a bank teller and someone told me that I would be a good accountant. I signed up for an accounting class and I loved it so much that I changed my major from math education to accounting the first day. Ironically, I now have a Texas math teaching certificate :P

What is your favorite game to play?

Board Game: Zombicide
Computer Game:SimCity Mafia :D

Who do you trust more, me or MP?

To remind me when my homework is due: MP. Everything else: You.

What is your favorite food?

It's a tie between pizza and clam chowder.

What is your favorite drink?

Diet Coke. Fun fact: I've never had an alcoholic drink - not even a beer.

Where is your favorite place to live?

I would LOVE to live in Northern California. But Texas is fine. It's kinda hot in the Summer but the cost of living is low.

Where have you never been but you would really love to visit someday?

England.
Turnip Head wrote:I for one welcome our new zombie and llama overlords. May their reign be long, and may their cases always be on point.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

ZOOOOMMBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! SQUEEEE!!

I have been waiting all night to get home from work to ask you questions and Daisy stole one of mine. :(

Sooo- what was your first impression of Daisy? (see how I pay her back? :D )
Tell me about your wedding - was it a small one? mid-size? Large? Picts? How did he propose? Or did you propose to him?
What is it about zombies that you love so much?
How do you find such cute icons?
Do you currently work in the accounting field or are you exclusively a student?
What fields in accounting are you most drawn to? (I'm learning bit by bit about the profession thanks to MP)
What if anything do you like to watch on TV?
What if anything do you like to read?
What did you want to be when you grew up at age 10? 15? 20?
Do you cook? If yes, what do you consider your specialty? If no, what have you always wanted to learn to cook?
If I come to visit you in TX - what would we do?
If you came to visit me in AZ - what would you want to do?s
DIet Coke is awesome. (I know not a question, but still...it needed resaid. :))
Is there any particular reason you have never drank alcohol? (Feel free to tell me to piss off if any of my questions are too personal)
Is man inherently good, evil or neither?
Nature, nurture or some combo of both?
What would we be surprised to learn about you?
What is your favorite color?
Do you have pets? If yes - what kinds? What kinds of pets would you like to have but don't?
Do you want kids? Do you already have them?
How long have you and Snowman been married?
Why is North Carolina top pick for place to live? (One of my Auntie's lives there!)
Are you an outdoorsy kind of person? If so what do you like to do outside?
Picts please? :D (I'm curious if you are as adorable as I picture you in my head.)
Did you and snowman grow up in TX? If not, where did you grow up? If yes, do you have cute accents?
What do you like best about playing Mafia?
What do you like least?
Would you think about hosting at some point? If so, what sorts of games would you like to host?
Who's play style do you think matches yours the most?
Who would you love to have BTS with?
How is playing mafia different in person vs onilne? (I've only ever played online.)
What is your favorite way to spoil yourself?
What is your favorite way to spoil someone else?
Do you play any musical instruments? If no, is there one you've always wanted to learn to play?
What is something you would like to share with us that you don't think anyone will ask you?
Favorite curse word? Favorite non curse word? Least favorite word?

*takes a deep breath*

Ok - I think I've pestered you enough. for now..... :feb: :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Elohcin »

Well Zomba, I can tell you you are not missing out when it comes to alcohol. Its disgusting and it makes you feel crappy. I don't get why anyone ever tries it more than once.

Epi and I were HS sweethearts as well :) We met at 16 and were married at 20. Kids at 24.

I see Bea already asked how long you've been married and do you have kiddos. If you do, how many and what ages/gender?

What dream have you always had? Has it been fulfilled?

What are some of your biggest joys in life?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

bea wrote:ZOOOOMMBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! SQUEEEE!!

I have been waiting all night to get home from work to ask you questions and Daisy stole one of mine. :(

Well I am super excited to answer all of these fabulous questions!

Tell me about your wedding - was it a small one? mid-size? Large? Picts? How did he propose? Or did you propose to him?
What fields in accounting are you most drawn to? (I'm learning bit by bit about the profession thanks to MP)
What did you want to be when you grew up at age 10? 15? 20?
Do you cook? If yes, what do you consider your specialty? If no, what have you always wanted to learn to cook?
If you came to visit me in AZ - what would you want to do?s
Is there any particular reason you have never drank alcohol? (Feel free to tell me to piss off if any of my questions are too personal)
Do you have pets? If yes - what kinds? What kinds of pets would you like to have but don't?
Why is North Carolina top pick for place to live? (One of my Auntie's lives there!)
Picts please? :D (I'm curious if you are as adorable as I picture you in my head.)
Did you and snowman grow up in TX? If not, where did you grow up? If yes, do you have cute accents?
What do you like least?
Would you think about hosting at some point? If so, what sorts of games would you like to host?
How is playing mafia different in person vs onilne? (I've only ever played online.)
Do you play any musical instruments? If no, is there one you've always wanted to learn to play?
What is something you would like to share with us that you don't think anyone will ask you?

*takes a deep breath*

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

bea wrote:ZOOOOMMBRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! SQUEEEE!!

Heh. Heh. Opps. I clicked submit instead of preview.

Daisy is awesome! I thought, "She and MP make a really cute couple." Then I thought, "I like hanging out with these guys."

We got married when we were both 21. We had about 70 people at the church for the wedding and another 500 at the reception. I invited all of my extended family ( including 30 first cousins) and my family's whole church (my dad was a volunteer minister at the time). Jared invited all of his extended family (including 20 more first cousins) and his family's whole church (his dad was also a volunteer minister at the time). I made my own dress and all the bridesmaid dresses and we served cookies and milk. It was such a great day!

After the reception we drove my brother's car to the Mall where we had parked our car so that it wouldn't get "decorated" by my friends. Snowman dropped me off and left for our apartment. I got in the car and it wouldn't start! It was the 90's so I didn't have a cell phone to call anyone. I had to go into the mall in my wedding dress and borrow the phone at the Cinnabon to call Snowman to come back and get me. The lady at the counter said, "Is this some kind of joke?" :P

I don't really love zombies that much. We have a game with all these little zombie minis and its really fun to play. Snowman and I have been painting the minis.

I spend forever looking for them and editing the pictures in PhotoShop.

I've been teaching college level accounting and working as an accountant on and off since 2002. My most recent accounting job (that I had to quit in order to start the PhD program at UTSA) was at a CPA firm in Houston. It was neat because I got to work from home. I also spent three years teaching high school math at the same school where Snowman teaches physics.

I like teaching and taxes. MP likes audit, I have done auditing but I don't like it that much. I'm going to do my dissertation on accounting for environmental sustainability.

Watching TV is my hobby. I don't have cable though, so everything I watch is on Netflix or Hulu. Right now I love Brooklyn 99, The Black List, Frontline, Nova, MASH, and Hell's Kitchen. But those will change soon. I binge watch entire seasons of shows while I do my homework.

I like to read teen fiction like Hunger Games and Twilight. I know, I know. It's lame. I also like boring novels where nothing much happens (MP and I were just talking about this today actually) - Winter Wheat, Grapes of Wrath, Cold Sassy Tree. I do not like any Jane Austin novels. Right now I'm liking reading my economics textbook because it's going to help me pass the test.

What did you want to be when you grew up at age 10? Teacher15? Nurse20? Accountant

Yes I do cook and I love it! I make really good desserts and BBQ. I have always loved soup so I make that a lot. Right now I'm experimenting with Indian dishes and bread. My favorite cookbook is the red America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook. I use the Bobby Flay mesa grill book a lot too.

We would go to see the Alamo and then eat dinner on the San Antonio Riverwalk.

If you came to visit me in AZ - what would you want to do?

Go horseback riding in the desert and then hike the grand canyon.

I'm all out. I'm headed to the store as soon as I'm finished with this post.

Have been Mormon all my life and always will be. Mormons usually don't drink alcohol.

I think that man is inherently innocent. As man learns the difference between good and evil, good men choose more good and bad men choose more bad but everyone is both. I try to live my life on the good side of the spectrum.

Definitely both!

I have a motorcycle that I don't ride as much as I'd like.

Red

I have a little white dog named Kumo. He's a Bichon Frise puppy. I also have two goldfish. I've always wanted chickens but the HOA wont allow it.

https://scontent-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... 1427_o.jpg

I have three kids. Boy (age 12), boy (age 9), girl (age 6).

16 years

Did I say North Carolina? Sorry. I meant Northern California. I love the beach and the redwood trees.

Yes and no. I used to do a lot of backpacking with my dad before I had kids and got fat. We still like camping in our pop up trailer.

Probably not that adorable.

No. We grew up in Orem, Utah. We probably do have Utah accents but I don't know. We moved to Texas when Snowman was working as a psychologist in the Air Force.

I like lying to people. This last game was especially fun.

What do you like least?

Having to read swears.

I think I would but I need to play several more games first. I'm still figuring out how everything is supposed to work.

I don't know. Whoever is the most forgetful and random.

Golden and/or Llama

In person you know the game is going to be over really soon (like a hour or two) so you don't have to be as careful about what you say. Plus, you're just talking so people can't look back and over analyze past conversations. That makes fooling people easier. However, in person, body language can give you away so you have to be careful about that as well as the words you use./color]

Cold cereal.

Comfort food.

I love to make cookies for my kids.

I play the piano but I'm not talented at it. I mean that my piano skills are all hard won by practicing my brains out. I'm not one of those people who can sit down and just play whatever song. I play the piano for my church's women's meeting on Sundays.

I like to fix cars.

I don't curse for real but I do say "Oh, brother!" a lot. Favorite non-curse word is "mitigate." Least favorite word is a tie between "hubby" and "preggers".

*takes a deep breath*

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Sorry I messed up the pictures.

Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Elohcin wrote:Well Zomba, I can tell you you are not missing out when it comes to alcohol. Its disgusting and it makes you feel crappy. I don't get why anyone ever tries it more than once.

Epi and I were HS sweethearts as well :) We met at 16 and were married at 20. Kids at 24.

I see Bea already asked how long you've been married and do you have kiddos. If you do, how many and what ages/gender?

What dream have you always had? Has it been fulfilled?

I've always wanted to have a cabin in the woods. Some day when I'm rich and famous I will get one!

What are some of your biggest joys in life?

I love spring time! Texas has so many wild flowers and flowering trees and it's so beautiful. I also really love the beach. I love it when my kids play together instead of fighting.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

I love your dog :)

And I paint minis, too, for my brother. I will try to watch the swears for you. I grew up in Brooklyn so swears are NY native tongue :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

S~V~S wrote:I love your dog :)

And I paint minis, too, for my brother. I will try to watch the swears for you. I grew up in Brooklyn so swears are NY native tongue :)
Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me all that much.
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Zomberella12 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I love your dog :)

Don't worry about it. It doesn't bother me all that much.
Also, I want to see some of your minis!
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

@ Eloh - I just looked at your fb page for Little Miss Cakes. AMAZING! Those are so good!
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

You are so wrong, you and Snowman are totally adorable. Alex told me multiple times before I came down here that I was going to love you and he was so right! I can't wait to get another chance to hang out! Also, I'll be making that appointment tomorrow, want to PM me your phone number so I can text you the details?

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
There is at least one other engaged member here, what marriage advice do you have for us?
Would you ever consider skydiving?
Favorite television show?
Favorite incarnation of the doctor?
Will you share an embarassing moment?
Do you like Thai food?
Ninjas or Pirates?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Golden »

Zombs

You are a puzzle fiend, where did your puzzle love begin? What is your favourite kind of puzzle?
What did MP do to convince you to play mafia?
Ooooh bea had a good one... if you came to visit me in NZ - what would you want to do?
Do you have a favourite hat?
You can go on a holiday for one week - where do you go?

I'll probably come up with more later but I'm not as inventive as others.

PS - I would love to have btsc with you too. You seem like a kindred spirit. Also, this is completely random - I've always wanted to meet someone from Orem, Utah. It's like my favouritest place name except Essen, Germany. No idea why
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Zombarella
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Zombarella »

Spacedaisy wrote:You are so wrong, you and Snowman are totally adorable. Alex told me multiple times before I came down here that I was going to love you and he was so right! I can't wait to get another chance to hang out! Also, I'll be making that appointment tomorrow, want to PM me your phone number so I can text you the details?

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

Growing tomatoes in Texas. It was really hard work and took five years for me to figure out how to do it right.

There is at least one other engaged member here, what marriage advice do you have for us?

Best advice: Don't cheat. Also, remember that you are marrying a person, not a programmable robot. People don't always make good choices and often don't do what you would do or what you want them to do. Be forgiving.

Would you ever consider skydiving?

Yes. I'm not afraid, but I wouldn't enjoy it and I'd rather spend the money on something more fun. Thrills aren't really my thing.

Favorite television show?

Dr. Who.

Favorite incarnation of the doctor?

I keep switching between 10 and 11.

Will you share an embarassing moment?

Two weeks ago I was having a bad morning and I forgot to go to the elementary school to eat "parents lunch" with my kids. I was really upset about it and started rapid texting Snowman about what a bad mom I was and how my day was terrible and how nothing was going right. I knew he was teaching so I didn't expect him to respond but he called me right away. He said that he had seen all my texts because his ipad was plugged into his projector and everything I sent him was scrolling at the top of the screen. I guess his class got a good laugh. :goofp:

Do you like Thai food?

Meh. I like Japanese food and Korean food much more.

Ninjas or Pirates?

Pirates.

All your math homework.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”