Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

:D

Unfortunately I can't think of any questions. :p
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Have you ever smelled something funny and you couldn't tell what it was and then you found out what it was, and it wasn't what you expected? Tell us that story.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Heiots
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Heiots »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote::D

Go ducks. :biggrin:
thellama73 wrote:Have you ever smelled something funny and you couldn't tell what it was and then you found out what it was, and it wasn't what you expected? Tell us that story.
I would tell that story, but unfortunately, it doesn't exist. I've smelled a couple of funky odours, but I've never been able to pinpoint the source. (On a sidenote, I love the smell of ice in freezers.)

0/1 :smile:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Heiots wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote::D

Go ducks. :biggrin:
They got knocked out unfortunately. :p So go Hawks.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

You wake up one particularly bright summer morning in a daze. You shield your eyes from the glare of the sunlight, your vision blurred but returning. The back of your hand feels strange against your face, and more notably – your face feels strange against the back of your hand. You sit up with a frown and blink repeatedly for focus.

The windowsill is not yours. Or is it? The shelves are lined with alien objects. Or are they alien? A very specific stuffed animal stares down upon you from over the rear bed rail. You know its name. Your eyes are wide now, and a flood of recognition drowns your senses.

You jump from your bed and stand tall. Tall? The floor is so close! You glance intuitively towards the mirror on your dresser. You are visible. Or rather, what is visible was you. Your consciousness is that of yourself from days long gone. It must have been ten years ago! Or fifteen?

You run a trial in your mind. You comprehend the notion of 2015 AD. You have experienced it. Your proper knowledge remains yours. But this is clearly not the year. What are you thinking, and what do you do?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 24

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

Ladder or Step Ladder? Which one is it? This is a very important question.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Golden »

Heiots, I already ask you questions all the time.

I'm not sure what to interrogate you on, but I guess some people won't know you, so how about:

Where do you live?
What do you do?
How awesome are you? (that's rhetorical)
What did you study at university?
What are your mafia origins?
Have you ever been lynched in a mafia game?
Will you ever come play mafia again?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:Ladder or Step Ladder? Which one is it? This is a very important question.
Step Ladder. :eek:
Golden wrote:Heiots, I already ask you questions all the time.

I'm not sure what to interrogate you on, but I guess some people won't know you, so how about:

Where do you live?
What do you do?
How awesome are you? (that's rhetorical)
What did you study at university?
What are your mafia origins?
Have you ever been lynched in a mafia game?
Will you ever come play mafia again?
1) I live in Singapore, and no, that's not in China.
2) I work in a music company that uses original music from indie artists and those tracks are played as background music for clients like retail stores, hotels, etc. Most often, I listen to hours of music, filter out the less-than-great ones, mark genres, and place them in suitable playlists. If a client needs a specific playlist to represent their brand, I'll have to put together a customized one for them.
3) I'm as awesome as you are. :hugs:
4) I attained a B.A. in Music in university with voice as my major instrument, piano as secondary. Drums was an elective. With that were music courses like theory, history, performance, along with the basic uni core classes.
5) I started at Spoiler TV Forum, where no one posts there now. They needed two more players, so they recruited two newbies, and I was one of them. Got NKed too, along with the other newbie. The players were nice enough to kill us last. XD
6) If my memory serves me right, I don't think I've ever been lynched in a mafia game.
7) Good question. :ponder: As of right now, I'll have to say no, though I enjoy hanging out with the friends I've made through mafia. I don't mind putting together a game but playing requires a different set of skills and energy level. Plus the aggression. My life lacks aggressiveness.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: [...] You run a trial in your mind. You comprehend the notion of 2015 AD. You have experienced it. Your proper knowledge remains yours. But this is clearly not the year. What are you thinking, and what do you do?
Probably how trippy everything seems to be. Then again, I've always wanted an experience like Narnia, Harry Potter, or Alice in Wonderland, which this isn't exactly as magical as entering another world through portals, but it possesses that surreal element. I like to think I'd be excited, but I'd likely be afraid due to unfamiliarity. (Doesn't the unknown scare people?) Anyway, I'd first look around for people I recognize. If they're around, unchanged, that's something to anchor myself to. Finding something familiar and then getting to make connections is the first step to making sense of what's happening. Also, staying calm and knowing things will turn out right will keep a person from losing their marbles.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Greetings! :biggrin:

1) What is the ultimate breed of cat? You may combine breeds if necessary.
2) Do you play video games? If so, what's your favorite?
3) Do you cook? If so, what's your best dish? If not, what prevents you from cooking?
4) What's your favorite food that you couldn't be bothered to cook yourself?
5) Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
6) What is the best fruit of all time?
7) What is the worst vegetable of all time?
8) What movie makes you cry?
9) Favorite childhood toy and why?
10) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

Salutations! :biggrin:

1) What is the ultimate breed of cat? You may combine breeds if necessary.
I don't have an opinion on the ultimate breed of cat. I like too many to decide. Scottish Fold, Norwegian Forest, American Shorthair, Toyger, etc. I can say I'm not a huge fan of the Peterbald or Sphynx. I love tabbies with their markings, though they're not considered a breed.

2) Do you play video games? If so, what's your favorite?
No video games. :) No stones, please.

3) Do you cook? If so, what's your best dish? If not, what prevents you from cooking?
4 out of the 7 in my house enjoy cooking, so I don't often. I can (since I lived without family in the USA for a few years), just that there isn't really a need now since I'm back home. I cook when I'm bored or need to de-stress. Truthfully, baking > cooking. I don't know about best dish, but I think I'm pretty good at pasta with home-made marinara sauce.

4) What's your favorite food that you couldn't be bothered to cook yourself?
Porridge, I guess. Not the English style, but the Asian one with rice instead of oatmeal. It looks so simple, but it takes a lot of patience and skill to make a great bowl. My mother made peanut porridge just last night, and it was amazing. It looks something like this:

Fried rice, pasta, or instant noodles would be easier to do.

5) Crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
Crunchy! Texture.

6) What is the best fruit of all time?
Apple. Apples never fail. Except when they're mushy instead of cripsy. Mangoes too.

7) What is the worst vegetable of all time?
Probably Arugula because of how bitter it can get.

8) What movie makes you cry?
Movies don't often make me cry (usually the music does). I can't quite recall, but there was a part in the last Chronicles of Narnia movie that I teared up at.

9) Favorite childhood toy and why?
Books. (Does that count?) I read everywhere. From the bedroom to classrooms to the stairs to the bathroom and to crossing roads. I spent my recesses in the school library and didn't even realize it was nerdy. One of the few times I got reprimanded in school was for reading a storybook behind a school textbook during class. Nobody picked on me though. If they did, I was blissfully oblivious to it all.

And I must have had a comfort bear or soft toy when young. Or this little pillow that I favoured, but I'd hardly call it a security blanket.

10) Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely introvert. I need my solitude and am fiercely possessive of my private space.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I've never had savory oatmeal/porridge, but it looks interesting! I'd give it a shot.

And cats are awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Heiots, what music do you listen to?
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Heiots, what music do you listen to?
That depends on how I'm feeling. :D I enjoy both instrumentals and songs. It can range from classical to funk to musical theatre to indie to ballads. For instrumentals, I enjoy a lot of post-rock, neoclassical, and funk with gospel chords. For songs, if I'm feeling particular about the way of singing, it'll be theatre or Whitney Houston/Celine Dion diva style. Lighter moods, esp if it rains, call for a softer, breathier style of singing. Lots of female indie singers. Sometimes jazz. To be honest, anything that doesn't sound like screaming or a continuous wall of noise, I'll usually give it a shot.

These few days, I've been in the mood for The Gadd Gang with Steve Gadd. Anything with a groove is bound to attract me. ;airguitar:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Black Rock »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- What's your favorite role you've ever had?
RYM Game #26 (Half-Life theme) - i was G-Man, self-aligned. i had one of the most overpowered roles ever, but thankfully i didn't win with it. i just caused mayhem, laughed my ass off, and died. my abilities:

~ PGO - any attempt to night kill me would fail, and the player trying to do it would die instead
~ twice during the game during any night phase, i could send one player name to the mod. the following day phase, anyone who voted for that player would die (including me).

back then it was common on RYM for double lynches to be legal. so i set one up with a fake roleclaim suggesting i'd been able to ID one of two players as mafia (not both) without knowing which one. i placed my vote on the one i didn't name obviously. so, in addition to getting those two players lynched based on a complete b/s lie, i also caused this:

https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... msg3903552

it was so beautiful. XD
Oh my, that was beautiful.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:- What's your favorite role you've ever had?
RYM Game #26 (Half-Life theme) - i was G-Man, self-aligned. i had one of the most overpowered roles ever, but thankfully i didn't win with it. i just caused mayhem, laughed my ass off, and died. my abilities:

~ PGO - any attempt to night kill me would fail, and the player trying to do it would die instead
~ twice during the game during any night phase, i could send one player name to the mod. the following day phase, anyone who voted for that player would die (including me).

back then it was common on RYM for double lynches to be legal. so i set one up with a fake roleclaim suggesting i'd been able to ID one of two players as mafia (not both) without knowing which one. i placed my vote on the one i didn't name obviously. so, in addition to getting those two players lynched based on a complete b/s lie, i also caused this:

https://rateyourmusic.com/board_message ... msg3903552

it was so beautiful. XD
Oh my, that was beautiful.
This is the closest I have come to such a thing, but I only took two players with me.

And while I wasn't the primary instigator for this, I was part of the team that caused it.

Someday, I will kill 10 players at one time. :noble:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

Because I am slipping and have been behind in getting the interrogation room switched out on time, we are going to try something different until I can get it back on track. So, Heiots will be here to answer your questions through tomorrow night, and at the same time I am starting the next member in here with a day overlap. So be sure if you ask questions today or tomorrow you clearly state who your questions are for. We will overlap one day next week as well to get it back to sunday like I intended it. So without any more chatter from me, i give you....
nijuukyugou!!!
aka Blooper
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Niju/ninja/blooper - Could you please explain the origins of each of your different names and nicknames here?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I can't think of two more awesome ladies to have in the hot seat AT ONCE! It makes my brain explode...

Reading that back it all sounds needlessly naughty. My bad!

:huh:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

Ha ha ha :haha:

Ninjajujube, where do you find your awesome seemingly endless array of squid avatars?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ninja, obviously you know something about other languages, how many do you speak?

Heiots. Describe your ideal day.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

Ninja, who has been your favorite coworker? :grin:

Ninja, who has been your sexiest coworker? :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Hooray, questions! Bring it on :feb:
Golden wrote:Niju/ninja/blooper - Could you please explain the origins of each of your different names and nicknames here?
The actual username is from long-ago nerdiness from DBZ. The androids are named after numbers (Number 17, Number 18, etc.) and my favorite number is 29. So, my username is as follows in Japanese:
Ni = two
Juu = ten (nijuu = 20)
Kyu = nine
Gou = number-ish thing

Blooper, Bloops, Ninja Blooper, and any other variation comes from my avatar, which has always been a depiction of Blooper from Mario, and often a mixture of whatever alphabet soup people like to come up with based on the original name. When I first signed up, no one knew what to call me because I looked like a virus or InternetBot, so many settled for "Ninja Blooper." And here we are today :biggrin:
S~V~S wrote:Ninjajujube, where do you find your awesome seemingly endless array of squid avatars?
Mostly Google. However, it is notoriously hard to find pictures of Blooper typing that in to Google Images (you'll mostly get weird pictures of "bloopers" from shows), so I have to scroll through a search of "Mario Blooper," which is mostly random Mario stuff. I find some gems. My current avatar is actually from a t-shirt that I've desperately, desperately wanted for like a year now but haven't gotten around to buying.
Spacedaisy wrote:Ninja, obviously you know something about other languages, how many do you speak?
English, Spanish almost fluently, proficient in French, a teensy bit of Japanese (enough to recognize it and some familiar words/phrases but not enough to hold a conversation) and I dabble in language for its linguistic properties/descriptive grammar in general. If I had a superpower that wasn't an actual superpower, it'd be to speak and understand any language just so I could study it for its nuances. Oh, and communication with other people. I guess.
Epignosis wrote:Ninja, who has been your favorite coworker? :grin:
Anyone but that asshole in M11.
Epignosis wrote:Ninja, who has been your sexiest coworker? :feb:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:
That poor old man who comes from Sandhoke? :eek:

Good thing I'm in M10. :dark:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
That poor old man who comes from Sandhoke? :eek:

Good thing I'm in M10. :dark:
I've never been able to get those rooms right ever since they switched the numbering :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, Blooper, as a Zelda fan, who is your favorite Zelda character? Least favorite?
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, Blooper, as a Zelda fan, who is your favorite Zelda character? Least favorite?
Ooh, always a tough one. We gon' get real specific here now.

For favorite character, it's a three-way tie between Midna, Zelda from Wind Waker (Tetra), and Zelda from Skyward Sword. Midna was a dark, sassy bitch who didn’t take crap from anyone and I loved her. Zelda from Wind Waker was a BADASS PIRATE CAPTAIN and actually helped Link fight Ganon for the first time (not just crying out from the sidelines every time he got hit). And Skyward Sword Zelda was also sassy, independent, and ambitious; she did what she needed to do to save Hyrule and needed Link to help her save the land, not herself.

Least favorite? Tingle. Fuck that creep.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think poor Tingle is misunderstood.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

:suspish:
Heiots
Stool Pigeon

Post by Heiots »

Spacedaisy wrote:Heiots. Describe your ideal day.
A day that leaves me feeling accomplished or having done something worthwhile, which sounds boring and all, but true. Either in having a good practice session, or baking cookies, or reading a good book. Also thunderstorms and hanging out with the family.

Anyway, thanks for the questions. Have to say, it's pretty tough answering questions, since I'm normally the one asking them. :biggrin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, Blooper, as a Zelda fan, who is your favorite Zelda character? Least favorite?

For favorite character, it's a three-way tie between Midna, Zelda from Wind Waker (Tetra), and Zelda from Skyward Sword. Midna was a dark, sassy bitch who didn’t take crap from anyone and I loved her. Zelda from Wind Waker was a BADASS PIRATE CAPTAIN and actually helped Link fight Ganon for the first time (not just crying out from the sidelines every time he got hit). And Skyward Sword Zelda was also sassy, independent, and ambitious; she did what she needed to do to save Hyrule and needed Link to help her save the land, not herself.

Awesome answer. You definitely picked out the two best Zeldas, in my opinion.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:

I considered Midna as my avatar here at first but went with the Blooper (obviously). More mysterious. And more tentacular :SVS:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:

I considered Midna as my avatar here at first but went with the Blooper (obviously). More mysterious. And more tentacular :SVS:
Understandable.

Midna is awesome, but Blooper is better. :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

More video game related questions!

- Favorite LoZ dungeon
- Least favorite LoZ dungeon
- Favorite LoZ boss
- Least favorite LoZ boss
- Favorite LoZ storyline
- Least favorite LoZ storyline
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:More video game related questions!

- Favorite LoZ dungeon
- Least favorite LoZ dungeon
- Favorite LoZ boss
- Least favorite LoZ boss
- Favorite LoZ storyline
- Least favorite LoZ storyline
Woo hoo! I'm about to write you the nerdiest novel here, so bear with me.

1) My favorites are the Spirit Temple in OoT and Ganon's Castle in Twilight Princess. Spirit Temple, because this place was just…incredible. I loved the music (it was cool and kind of creepy but not too creepy), and the puzzles were fitting for the final temple. Twinrova was one of the most fun bosses of the game if not the best. I would often beat this temple before beating the Shadow Temple because I couldn’t wait to do it (also because I am a wimp, as I've mentioned before). I love Ganon's Castle in TP because it has so many different facets in different areas (outside being a master bowman and hunting with the wolf sense, inside going up multiple floors with both puzzle-y and fighting challenges. I love fighting the Darknuts in this game). Also, I'm a sucker for throwback music, and this one used a version of the Hyrule Castle music from A Link to the Past that progressed and became stronger as you moved through the castle. Freaking. Awesome.

2) Least favorite dungeons are the Water Temple from OoT, and Turtle Rock and Ganon's Castle in A Link to the Past. I'll discuss the latter first. I don't quit video games. I just don't. But Turtle Rock pisses me off so badly, and the last time I played ALttP, I accidentally went outside after getting past the part with the freaking Cane of Somaria paths in the dark (I needed magic for the final boss), and the prospect of doing it again made me want to destroy things. I convinced my brother to do it for me. And I have much hatred for Ganon's Castle. There is a room with torch lighting, floor razors, and a fucking Wallmaster, and I usually just quit the game because this room makes me so mad.

But oh, let me tell you about my pure loathing of the Water Temple. Fuck this place. Fuck. This. Place. Nothing about this place, save the chill music (and even that starts to piss me off after a while), is redeeming. The puzzles are not fun, I always forget like four keys, and I swear to God I have lowered and raised the water level 14 million times before I finally beat this god awful place. I almost die at Dark Link because I run out of Din’s Fire and forget to use my Hammer, and when I finally do open the boss door, I fight the game’s most unsatisfying boss fight. I can’t even hit Morpha more than once at a time. Fuck the Water Temple.

3) Favorite LoZ boss...Hmmm. TwinRova from OoT was fun. Zant from TP was fun. Ganon at the end of TP was mostly fun (I didn't care for the horseback chase much). I think my favorite bosses are ones with multiple stages that require very different skill sets (so, for example, while Stage 1 requires you to shoot him/her with the bow, Stage 2 requires pure swordplay, etc.). I like being able to stabbity stab stab at some point, too.

4) So with that being said, I don't care for bosses that only allow me one or two hits at a time, like Morpha, or ones that cause me to lose the sense of where I am in the area. I hate being chased by things I can't see so much, because I already can't see well in real life.

5) Favorite storyline is actually still The Wind Waker. I love the idea of the game being set in the far future, where the world of Hyrule that we knew while playing Ocarina of Time is lost underwater, and that Link (and the gamer) is slowly putting together a puzzle discovering these lost pieces of history. I also played this before I ruined my life with blessed myself by extensively studying literature for a living and essentially ruining the ending to any movie, book, or other storyline, so I was pleasantly surprised at the whole Tetra/Zelda thing. The only thing I didn't like was the ending, but that was before I realized there's actually other games that come after it story-wise.

6) I guess my least favorite is Link's Awakening, although I really enjoyed the game itself. The storyline was kinda boring, though, and I hate the owl because I hate being interrupted.

Keep those questions comin', people ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

To me, the Water Temple on Majora's Mask was far more confusing and difficult than the Water Temple on Ocarina of Time. But like you, I always forget a key or even two somewhere. Luckily, I made it out this time with all of the Gold Skulltula tokens on my first go, so I don't have to go back in there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:To me, the Water Temple on Majora's Mask was far more confusing and difficult than the Water Temple on Ocarina of Time. But like you, I always forget a key or even two somewhere. Luckily, I made it out this time with all of the Gold Skulltula tokens on my first go, so I don't have to go back in there.
I think I hate every water temple, but that one just tops them all for suckitude.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I always forget that key that's inside the center tower. It's so counter-intuitive.

(well now I'm not forgetting it anymore since I remember it even when I don't play the game :grin: )

And there's a neat trick for beating Dark Link without Din's Fire. Just turn off Z-target. He only fights well when you use it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Keys are stupid.

In games where you have the firepower of the Romanian army, you can't blow the door down. Or unscrew it. Or pry it open.

You need the key.

And in some cases, any key you find will work. What cut rate security system is this? :evileye:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:Keys are stupid.

In games where you have the firepower of the Romanian army, you can't blow the door down. Or unscrew it. Or pry it open.

You need the key.

And in some cases, any key you find will work. What cut rate security system is this? :evileye:
Have you seen the way they lock doors in Hyrule? It's almost amusing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I always forget that key that's inside the center tower. It's so counter-intuitive.

(well now I'm not forgetting it anymore since I remember it even when I don't play the game :grin: )

And there's a neat trick for beating Dark Link without Din's Fire. Just turn off Z-target. He only fights well when you use it.
Duly noted! I've been playing the game so long that stuff like that slips my mind. Of course, I do enjoy knocking him in the face with the hammer when I remember :feb:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You need the key.

Have you seen the way they lock doors in Hyrule? It's almost amusing.
Don't even get me started on the "fences" and "trees" you can't pass. I can defeat a giant dragon, survive a miles-high drop, and come back from the dead, but I have to go around the fence to get to the castle :disappoint:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I always forget that key that's inside the center tower. It's so counter-intuitive.

Duly noted! I've been playing the game so long that stuff like that slips my mind. Of course, I do enjoy knocking him in the face with the hammer when I remember :feb:
I usually have the Biggoron sword when I face him, and you can hack away at him without taking much damage. This run-through I'm doing now, I had to figure another way, which involved just using a horizontal attack against his shield, which seemed to work well enough.

Thanks for the tip DDL. I never even thought of that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Ricochet »

You need the key.

L.O.L.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Much love for the Biggoron sword :D
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:

I usually have the Biggoron sword when I face him, and you can hack away at him without taking much damage. This run-through I'm doing now, I had to figure another way, which involved just using a horizontal attack against his shield, which seemed to work well enough.

Thanks for the tip DDL. I never even thought of that.
I don't think it's a well known fact to tell the truth. Took me years to find about it online. Most places just say "spam Din's Fire".

I mean, DF works, but it's so underwhelming. You know you're doing it because you can't defeat Dark Link with a sword.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Next in the hotseat is....
Neverwhere!!!
Ask her your questions, go, go, go!
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Neverwhere »

Until then, I'm going to read the rest of the thread and find out about you guys :)
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

nijuukyugou wrote:Much love for the Biggoron sword :D
It sucks when you switch back to baby Link though and are used the having the Biggoron sword. XD
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 68

Post by fingersplints »

Golden wrote:Next in the hotseat is....
Neverwhere!!!
What is the best thing about Ireland?
What kind of music do you listen to?
What is your favorite show? (both current and past shows are ok)

What is your favorite mafia game so far?
What kind of ability would you like to have that you have not had so far?
Who would you like to have btsc with that you haven't had before?
Gro-oo-ovy
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Neverwhere »

fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:Next in the hotseat is....
Neverwhere!!!
What is the best thing about Ireland?
What kind of music do you listen to?
What is your favorite show? (both current and past shows are ok)

What is your favorite mafia game so far?
What kind of ability would you like to have that you have not had so far?
Who would you like to have btsc with that you haven't had before?
Best thing about Ireland...hmm... I suppose I'd say it would be how friendly the people are. You can literally stop and get chatting to anyone. Ireland is such a small country than when something happens round here there's a real community feel. People will stop to help each other out.

I have quite an ecclectic taste in music, but I probably listen to rock and metal the most.

My favourite show.... I'm not great with favourites. I always have a hard time picking the *most* favorite. The few that came to mind were Sherlock...possibly because it doesn't come out very often, so I'm always left dying for more. I might have said GoT before, but I don't know how impressed I am with where the show is headed. (I'm a book lover...)
As for comedy.... I watch the US Office all the time and Parks And Rec was always one to get a lot of laughs. Execpt for that final season.... wtf WAS that?

Favourite mafia game so far was the first game I played with Heiots hosting on the INFJ forum -- Chronicles of Narnia. I had so much fun in that game. Also loved the theme...the fact that I'm a huge Narnia fan made it all the better. I actually squealed when I got the role of the White Witch.

I've had a couple pretty nice abilities, but I think if I had to pick I'd love to be able to role check.

BTSC -- I'd have to say either TinyBubbles or Golden.
Bubbles -- because she's a sweetie and also a rather quiet player, so I'd love to see her thought process more openly.
Golden -- because he's very active and always coming up with tons of theories -- so it would be nice to see him work from the other side.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

You're from Ireland? :o I spent two weeks there last summer, it was my first time leaving the States. I loved it.
I have no question, just that comment. Unless you feel like saying more about being from Ireland.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Welcome to the Family”