Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:
10) If you host a game on Ksite - can I play it? I think you are rad and I'm very curious about how you guys do things over there. :)
If you wait for me to host a game, you might get very old...I like playing a lot more than I like hosting. I hosted one regular game and one mini game, and that was it. I'm blown away by people's creativity when hosting games. I should do a Muppet show mafia :D But you should come and play anyway. We'd love to have you. In fact, there's a game starting very soon, and they are looking for players. It's Hunger games mafia if anyone is interested. People there are really nice and welcoming and it's different and similar at the same time.
11) Do you find that your knowledge of Psychology helps you deal with other people better? (You know, excluding ohter Psych people.)
Sometimes. Sometimes not. I think it's less the knowledge and more the actual practice. I ended up choosing research instead of doing therapy, but for a few years, I volunteered with mentally ill people and people with different problems. You know that tone we associate with psychologists? You get it. You find yourself talking like that, using "psychological" terms and asking the questions in that tone. I'm glad I don't talk like that anymore, even though I wish I had time to go there again. Still, I think it taught me quite a lot about people.
12) You are still pretty new to me so I can't ask the "Tell me what would surprise me to learn about you." So, I'm revising it to What do you think would suprise most people to learn about you?
Most people would be surprised I play online Mafia :p
Maybe, that I play basketball, that I have a phenomenal memory for song lyrics (those I know and love) and answering the "Where else did this actor play in" sort of questions. Mostly, it's surprising because I have a terrible memory for everything else. I guess my mind is full of crap, so there's no place left for important things, lol.

13) Tell me about a good memory from childhood.
Hmm, let's see.
My grandparents on my Father's side had him when they were relatively old (45), and my grandmother died when I was 3, so we would spend a lot of time at my grandfather's house, and slept there a lot on weekends. It was a small apartment so we all had to sleep in one room (2 parents and 4 kids). Me and my sister got the sofa and my parents slept on mattresses on the floor below us. We loved to "accidentally" fall on my father every week, and he was very cooperative in being "surprised" every time. Then came the tickling and all around laughter. We did that for about 6 years before my grandfather passed away as well.
14) Tell me about an important lesson you have learned though out your life.
I need to think about this one, I'll get back to you.
15) A/S/L? :D
At the risk of sounding stupid, I have no idea what you just asked :blush:
16) Attached? Married? Single?
Happily married with 3 kids. :D
17) What kind of music do you enjoy?
I love songs that have meaningful lyrics.
Beatles, Simon & Garfunkle, Eric Clepton, Sting, Coldplay. Recently, I like One republic.
I like Classical music as well, mostly played live though (as in concerts). My dad loves Operas, so he drags me to see them too as well as musicals.
Last but not least, I love songs that I assume most of you don't know :p
18) What is your favorite way to relax and let off steam?
Play mafia :D Though let's face it, it's not exactly relaxing :srsnod:

I still owe you some answers but :phew:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:What exactly is the function of a rubber duck?
last one before I go again.
It's for taking out your frustrations (by squeezing it), and for helping you feel like you're in a lake when taking a bath.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Matahari wrote:This thread is amazing. I have enjoyed reading about you guys.
FZ, what are the differences ( the main points in simpleton's terms ) between Alzheimer's, vascular dementia, regular aging in the brain, and brain cancer symptoms? Are any of these hereditary?
There are common symptoms to all of them. Basically, there are a few differences, such as: a. the cause-while VD happens after a stroke and is usually accompanied by physical symptoms (e.g., not being able to move one side of your body), we don't really know what causes Alzheimer. b.The progression- AD usually progresses gradually. You will rarely see a drastic change from one day to another. VD, can show a step shaped deterioration, with changes occurring abruptly. Sometimes it will progress into AD, but not always. Regular aging could lead to mild memory loss, slower processing and reaction times, and some confusion. But it usually won't go any further than that. C. Symptoms. Like the examples in b, the symptoms are usually different with AD showing the greatest deterioration resulting in loss of language, loss of recognition of close ones and more, Vascular dementia depending on the severity of the stroke (this is where the biggest variance lies), and regular aging showing the mildest symptoms. As for brain cancer, it highly depends on where the tumor "sits", but I'm not knowledgeable enough to go into detail.

One of the other differences is that AD is hereditary :(
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:
FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote: Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
I missed this one. I think I'd choose my country. There are problems,I don't like a lot of things, but it's me. It's the language, the culture, the people. I can't trade it. I'd be lost without it. I think this poem sums it up for me:

A man is nothing but a soil of a small country,
nothing but the shape of his native landscape,
nothing but what his ears recorded
when they were new and really heard,
what his eyes saw, before they had their fill of seeing

@linki, Lol, I just saw I missed it and answered it
I also answered why I love playing mafia. It's somewhere in my very long answer. I'll say it again. First of all, I love games. It brings out the competitive side of me that I don't let out in other places, which is a shame :p Also, as a person who likes to know what makes people 'tick', this game answers that need in some way.

@linki: Mongoose, in regards to what did you say that?
I'm even more curious about your country of origin now. I didn't realize it till just now how you've skillfully danced around that.

And I come from a *very* small town in a *very* small state of the US. And I no longer live there. So I think I get what "home" might be in terms that you don't want to name it because you don't want that label. But it's "home" and you love it so very much? I've lived in my new place for 3 years. I've married the man I married. Our apartment is my HOME. I hate going "home" unless he's with me. But this state? It's not my "home." ya know?
I see what you're saying and I agree to a point, but I think that a very important part of why I need to be where I am is the language. I think a very important part of the culture is its language. Language creates culture and vice verse. And even though I've lived in the states, and my husband even says I'm too American because I use slang that he doesn't know, I would perish without talking, reading (novels, poetry or whatever), singing, and joking in my own language.

And yeah, I have danced around that subject, lol. I don't know why. I guess if you're that curious, PM me, and I'll let you know ;)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey Lizzy :) my answers for you are in the questions post. K? :p
Lizzy wrote:Hey FZ! :hugs: I wanted to let people finish you off with their questions first before I started bombarding you with my own. :p But I'm so jealous of of your travels and your work really sounds amazing k.

1. Are you an adrenaline junkie and do you fancy extreme sports? No and no. Do I seem like one?
2. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate? Mostly milk, but people keep telling me that it's not real chocolate :rolleyes: , so I can enjoy dark chocolate every so often
3. How would you describe your style in terms of dressing? Mostly casual. I need to feel comfortable, though I can enjoy dressing up when in the mood
4. Favourite season and why. Probably Winter, because where I live, Summers are too hot, and transition seasons are too crazy. The Winter here is amazing. It's not too cold, and there won't be a day without the sun coming out to say hello.
5. Favourite word. In English, probably "prerogative"
6. Are you a good cook? What's your favourite dish to make? I'm a decent cook. Favorite dish to make, would be soups. I have so many, they are easy to make, and mostly, I love eating them. I also like making special salads and pies
I'll stop. For now. :p
FZ. wrote:[quote="S~V~S]
Where would you prefer to live if money, family, etc., were not factors?
I missed this one. I think I'd choose my country. There are problems,I don't like a lot of things, but it's me. It's the language, the culture, the people. I can't trade it. I'd be lost without it. I think this poem sums it up for me:

A man is nothing but a soil of a small country,
nothing but the shape of his native landscape,
nothing but what his ears recorded
when they were new and really heard,
what his eyes saw, before they had their fill of seeing
This is so very interesting to me because I'm the exact opposite. I've been abroad for studies for two years, and I've been back home for almost 9 months now and I'm still having problems re-adapting. It took me a few days to adapt to my then new home countries, and after all this time back, I'm still feeling like a stranger/tourist in my 'real' home country. It's quite torturous. Is it the same for you, but being away from it?[/quote][/quote][/quote]
I think that part of what made me so attached was the fact I moved as a kid. And even though it was a great experience, the fundamental feeling of not belonging and being a stranger was so strong, that I just can't see myself anywhere else. And, as I said, the language, my family (who I'm very close to), and all that, plays a crucial role. It's also a personality thing. I have a friend who's been living in NY for 10 years now, and while when she started out, she kept saying she's coming back, now, when she comes to visit, here is her secondary home. NY is her real home.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Matahari »

Wow thank you FZ! You just explained things better to me than either of my parents doctors ever did. :)

I'm glad your home is a place where you are happy and feel connected, even if you don't tell us where it is. XD
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

FZ. wrote:
It's for taking out your frustrations (by squeezing it), and for helping you feel like you're in a lake when taking a bath.
I love this answer.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

Beatles? Simon and Garfunkel? Eric Clapton? We must now officially be Besties. Just saying. XD

Favorite board game?

Are you a morning person or night person?

Structured and self disciplined or spontaneous and free spirited?

Do you listen to Cream?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What was the best day of your life like?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Hi FZ :)

I love that everyone can get to know the new kid on the block this way. Lots of great and fun questions let me add my own :D

John, George, Paul or Ringo - Pick one.
If you could have Superman for one day at your disposal what would you have him do for you?
If you could meet in person anyone on KSite who would it be?
Do you enjoy shots of tequila?
What are your favorite shoes to wear or none?
Bubble baths or long showers?
Star Trek or Star Wars?

Linkys x2 Hi Daisy and Mongoosette!
;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

*waves to the one and only lovely Roxy*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hiya Roxy doll!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Matahari wrote:Wow thank you FZ! You just explained things better to me than either of my parents doctors ever did. :)

I'm glad your home is a place where you are happy and feel connected, even if you don't tell us where it is. XD
O_o, your parents are both doctors? Now I'm nervous I mucked it up :p
Mongoose wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I love this answer.
I aim to please :D

Answers for the questions will come later. Got to run to work.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dom »

FZ. wrote:
Dom wrote:FZ, I must know: what is the meaning behind the username? :D
I'm afraid it's less interesting than you think, and a bit more embarrassing. :D
First of all, since I came from Kryptonsite, and I thought people who met me there would find it easier to recognize me by how they call me there. K-site is a site originally created for everything related to the show Smallville (which was my guilty pleasure and much more), the show about Superman before he became Superman. Anyway, the Phantom Zone is a fictional prison dimension featured in the Superman comic, and since I really liked Tom Welling, the lead actor (if you'd see him, you would too :p Besides, I have a weakness for the character of Clark Kent :blush: ), I named myself FanTom Zoner, as in a resident fan. It was a silly play of words, but what was more stupid was the fact I forgot capital letters, so it came out as fantom zoner, and just looked like I suck at spelling :D I thought I'd save myself that embarrassing part, but thanks that's what you're here for :p
<3

I love that story.
That's not dissimilar to how I named myself jska108 on other forums before people got to know my real name. (Jack Shephard, Kate Austen 108). It's a Lost thing. :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Spacedaisy wrote:Beatles? Simon and Garfunkel? Eric Clapton? We must now officially be Besties. Just saying. XD

Favorite board game?

Are you a morning person or night person?

Structured and self disciplined or spontaneous and free spirited?

Do you listen to Cream?
Glad to know you have such good taste :p

1.Favorite board game is probably Scrabble...I'm a nerd, I know :shrug:

2.I love to be up late at night when the house is quiet and I have it all to myself, but when get a 4 hour sleep because I need to get up early, I'm reminded what a bad decisions it was.

3. I can't call myself structured, but I don't know how spontaneous and free spirited I am either. I need structure that can allow me to be spontaneous and free spirited, if that makes any sense. It's like I need a bit of the structure, but it can't clip my wings .

4. I do, but not often. I enjoy Eric Clapton more in his later version, when he went solo.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:What was the best day of your life like?
It hasn't happened yet :D

I can think of a few, but I'll go with the birth of my kids. You're an emotional bomb, so it's a complicated situation, but when they put the baby on you, and you feel him/her for the first time, it's an intoxicating feeling. Terrifying, and thrilling at the same time.
Wedding day comes to mind as well. Our marriage came after a an intricate relationship, and I was very proud of us making it and defeating the odds. So more than I expected, I was really happy that day, and I had more fun than I ever expected to have.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Roxy wrote:Hi FZ :)

I love that everyone can get to know the new kid on the block this way. Lots of great and fun questions let me add my own :D

John, George, Paul or Ringo - Pick one.
I always hated it when asked to choose. Sorry, I like the ensemble. I think its more than the sum of its parts.
If you could have Superman for one day at your disposal what would you have him do for you?
Are you seriously asking me that? :p But seriously, he's doing a good job. He doesn't need me to tell him. Now, if we could only have him for real...
If you could meet in person anyone on KSite who would it be? K4J :p He's the mysterious of them all.
Do you enjoy shots of tequila?
Not really. We still have the bottle we bought in Mexico, band that was a few years back
What are your favorite shoes to wear or none?
At home I walk, barefoot, but outside, it's between sneakers and flats.
Bubble baths or long showers?
Depends on the mood, but mostly long showers.
Star Trek or Star Wars?
I'm not much of a fan of either, but if I'm forced to choose, I choose Star trek.
Linkys x2 Hi Daisy and Mongoosette![/quote]
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, the last post was me writing half asleep.
I'll be back tomorrow to fix it.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

FZ!!!! Thank you for all of your well thought answers to both mine and other's questions. (I loved the answer to the beatles question btw. I sometimes like to be a smart Alick and answer that question with "George Martin." lol.)

also - A/S/L = age, sex, location. *giggles* - typicly when I hung out in chat rooms, skeevy males used to ask that to every girl who came in. I was pretty sure you were female (and I know we've talked briefly) but I couldn't quite remember and was drunk.

also also - if you feel that some of the more in depth questions would be more appropriate to PM (the reading list etc) don't hesitate to use that option as well. Also regarding the reading list, I could read journal articles or some books - IDK how much I'd get out of toooo scientificly clinical stuff. The psych I would understand. Some of the brain terms I might struggle with, but I like a challenge. Also - if you think there's anything good that's been written with the "general public" in mind - that would rock. My BFF Male Version was a history major in school. He's very good at recommending history books that are written for the general public that still have their facts straight and are full of good stuff - ya know? Thank you for thinking about this. It means the world to me.

Also also also - Muppet Mafia would rock!! Here or there!!! And if you lot that came here from there are any judge of character, it does seem like a pretty rad site. :)

Also also also also - (yea, I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail too many times :blush:) Thank you for your patience with my storm of questions. It occured to me that because I'm still getting to know you, I had a lot more questions for you than I would someone I know very well like say, SVS or Sockface.

Aaaaaaaaaaand - a small question because this *is* a question thread.....

What was your favorite toy as a child?
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

FZ. wrote:Sorry, the last post was me writing half asleep.
I'll be back tomorrow to fix it.
Roxy, I literally fell asleep on my lap top, yesterday, so the entire post looks bad, and my answers are not as nice as I would have liked them to be...

I'm changing some of my answers :p I stand by my Beatles answer. I can't choose one.
As for Superman, there's so much to do, I wouldn't know where to start, so I think I'll let him do his thing. If you're wondering if I'd like him to take me flying, the answer is hell no. I have a fear of heights, and being out in the open like that, so high, would terrify me, not to mention the fact I have no idea how they breath up there.
Shoes- anything is good if it's comfortable. I wear heels occasionally, but mostly if it's for a short time (I take my pumps off at weddings when I want to dance), and if I really want to impress someone :D
Star Trek would be my choice because I can get the appeal. With Star Wars, I don't.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:FZ!!!! Thank you for all of your well thought answers to both mine and other's questions. (I loved the answer to the beatles question btw. I sometimes like to be a smart Alick and answer that question with "George Martin." lol.)

also - A/S/L = age, sex, location. *giggles* - typicly when I hung out in chat rooms, skeevy males used to ask that to every girl who came in. I was pretty sure you were female (and I know we've talked briefly) but I couldn't quite remember and was drunk.
Oh, OK :derp: I am female :p in my thirties (obscure much?)
also also - if you feel that some of the more in depth questions would be more appropriate to PM (the reading list etc) don't hesitate to use that option as well. Also regarding the reading list, I could read journal articles or some books - IDK how much I'd get out of toooo scientificly clinical stuff. The psych I would understand. Some of the brain terms I might struggle with, but I like a challenge. Also - if you think there's anything good that's been written with the "general public" in mind - that would rock. My BFF Male Version was a history major in school. He's very good at recommending history books that are written for the general public that still have their facts straight and are full of good stuff - ya know? Thank you for thinking about this. It means the world to me.
Maybe we should move it to PMs so I don't bore people more than necessary :D But nag me if I don't deliver.
Also also also - Muppet Mafia would rock!! Here or there!!! And if you lot that came here from there are any judge of character, it does seem like a pretty rad site. :)

Also also also also - (yea, I've seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail too many times :blush:) Thank you for your patience with my storm of questions. It occured to me that because I'm still getting to know you, I had a lot more questions for you than I would someone I know very well like say, SVS or Sockface.

Aaaaaaaaaaand - a small question because this *is* a question thread.....

What was your favorite toy as a child?
Hey, I love Monty Python as well, so never apologize for watching it too many times :D

i don't remember what I played with as a child. How sad is that. I do remember having a doll that was taller than me. At some point her head came off (I'm innocent), and I remember feeling sad because she broke, but on the other hand, she was finally my size...But I mostly liked tagging along with my older brother and sister wherever they went. It's a miracle I've lived to talk about it. I know they hated when I did that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

FZ. wrote:
I am also a female in my 30s! Or my very late 20s, as I like to say.

* What scents do you like?

* Did you have a nice breakfast today?

* What is the last film you saw in theaters? In your DVD player?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I am also a female in my 30s! Or my very late 20s, as I like to say.

* What scents do you like?

* Did you have a nice breakfast today?

* What is the last film you saw in theaters? In your DVD player?
Scents : Cinnamon, lemon verbena and citrus are the first to come to mind. Oh, and a freshly baked...well, anything.

I barely ate something for breakfast. Took a banana and ran out the door.

Last film on DVD was "The tree of life", two weeks ago. Last one in theaters was when Man of steel came out, and a friend bought me tickets and made me go out...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

What did you think of Man of Steal?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:What did you think of Man of Steal?
Complicated answer. Most of the movie, I was fangirling over the fact I was watching a Superman movie. But as the time passed, I started feeling more uncomfortable with the choices that have been made, which I felt compromised the character's core personality. And since I don't care that much about special effects, I was left feeling kind of cheated.Moreover, looking back at it, the bottom line to me is, if you take Superman out of the equation, it was an alien invasion movie, and I really don't like those types of movies.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Dom wrote:FZ, I must know: what is the meaning behind the username? :D
I'm afraid it's less interesting than you think, and a bit more embarrassing. :D
First of all, since I came from Kryptonsite, and I thought people who met me there would find it easier to recognize me by how they call me there. K-site is a site originally created for everything related to the show Smallville (which was my guilty pleasure and much more), the show about Superman before he became Superman. Anyway, the Phantom Zone is a fictional prison dimension featured in the Superman comic, and since I really liked Tom Welling, the lead actor (if you'd see him, you would too :p Besides, I have a weakness for the character of Clark Kent :blush: ), I named myself FanTom Zoner, as in a resident fan. It was a silly play of words, but what was more stupid was the fact I forgot capital letters, so it came out as fantom zoner, and just looked like I suck at spelling :D I thought I'd save myself that embarrassing part, but thanks that's what you're here for :p
<3

I love that story.
That's not dissimilar to how I named myself jska108 on other forums before people got to know my real name. (Jack Shephard, Kate Austen 108). It's a Lost thing. :p
Nice :)
So Dom is your real name?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I had always wondered that too ^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I've enjoyed getting to know you better this week, FZ!

What is your favorite condiment?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:
Complicated answer. Most of the movie, I was fangirling over the fact I was watching a Superman movie. But as the time passed, I started feeling more uncomfortable with the choices that have been made, which I felt compromised the character's core personality. And since I don't care that much about special effects, I was left feeling kind of cheated.Moreover, looking back at it, the bottom line to me is, if you take Superman out of the equation, it was an alien invasion movie, and I really don't like those types of movies.
I'm glad you felt that way honestly. I heard so many people ranting and raving about it and the media gave it a lot of coverage and stuff that I though my impression as well as the impression of the hubby and his buddy were odd. They didn't care as much for it as they could have. All I could say was "You know what would have helped this movie a lot? Plot. And Dialogue." Seemed to "arty" for a Superhero origin story ya know?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Hedgeowl »

So many good questions already asked. I'll add a few more.

Coffee or Tea?

Comfort Food?

A book you liked recently?

Where do you want to travel that you haven't yet?

What place would you love to see again?

How old are your children?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

favorite color?

favorite thing to cook?

favorite thing to eat?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mongoose wrote:I've enjoyed getting to know you better this week, FZ!

Thank you :D I felt the same way last week. And thanks for taking interest :)

Does garlic count?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

FZ. wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I've enjoyed getting to know you better this week, FZ!

Thank you :D I felt the same way last week. And thanks for taking interest :)

Does garlic count?
Heck yeah!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

bea wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I'm glad you felt that way honestly. I heard so many people ranting and raving about it and the media gave it a lot of coverage and stuff that I though my impression as well as the impression of the hubby and his buddy were odd. They didn't care as much for it as they could have. All I could say was "You know what would have helped this movie a lot? Plot. And Dialogue." Seemed to "arty" for a Superhero origin story ya know?
A plot, would be nice, I agree. Though I think it started out quite promising. The whole exposition, with what happened on Krypton, and his feelings as an outsider growing up were very interesting. It all went downhill when the alien invasion began. And it was such a shame because it was starting to build up to something interesting with him discovering his origin and having to decide what to do with that knowledge.

@linki: Lol, well then, garlic it is :D
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hedgeowl wrote:So many good questions already asked. I'll add a few more.

Coffee or Tea? I think coffee. The problem with tea is the huge gap between what the amazing smells promise, especially when it's a fresh blend, and the very mild to nonexistent taste. There are exceptions, but basically, that's how I see it

Comfort Food? Sweet things, and things you can munch on

A book you liked recently? A book that's not in a language you can't read :p Would be Winter in Lisbon. It's by a Portuguese author that I really like. It's called Winter in Lisbon. I'm sure it was translated. Also, just started Precious life by Alice Munro

Where do you want to travel that you haven't yet? Japan, Spain, south America

What place would you love to see again? I think I've said it, but I would want to go to Italy with my husband

How old are your children?
8.5, 6 and 2
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, it's "dear life" by Alice Munro.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 74

Post by S~V~S »

Do you use vinegar as a condiment? I put it on fried potatoes and vegetables, and people look at me like i am on drugs. I like seeking kindred vinegar spirits :noble:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by A Person »

S~V~S wrote:Do you use vinegar as a condiment? I put it on fried potatoes and vegetables, and people look at me like i am on drugs. I like seeking kindred vinegar spirits :noble:
malt vinegar on fries is good, although i don't do it often.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:Do you use vinegar as a condiment? I put it on fried potatoes and vegetables, and people look at me like i am on drugs. I like seeking kindred vinegar spirits :noble:
Vinegar on collard greens is a must. :srsnod:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vinegar on collard greens is a must. :srsnod:
Ditto. I love it. On beans as well, or even rice that needs a bit of oomph.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Lizzy »

FZ. wrote: I think that part of what made me so attached was the fact I moved as a kid. And even though it was a great experience, the fundamental feeling of not belonging and being a stranger was so strong, that I just can't see myself anywhere else. And, as I said, the language, my family (who I'm very close to), and all that, plays a crucial role. It's also a personality thing. I have a friend who's been living in NY for 10 years now, and while when she started out, she kept saying she's coming back, now, when she comes to visit, here is her secondary home. NY is her real home.
It is indeed a personality thing, which in a lot of cases is tied to the ethno-cultural background of a person. Is there a strong community of your people where you live now and do you keep in touch with them?

Also, milk chocolate is both awesome AND real chocolate! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :noble:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, can't help you there... I like vinegar in specific salads, but that's about it.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

The time has come to release FZ rom the hot seat! thank you so much for being a willing participant FZ! And thanks to everyone else for asking some great questions. And some weird ones... I'm looking at you llama. ;) you can finish off any questions you had left if you want, but you are not required too FZ. :hugs:

Next up in the Interrogation Room is.....
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

birdwithteeth11!!
Well Syndicate members, what deep dark secrets will you pull out of our little birdy?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Since we are already dividing off into chocolate factions...

White, Milk, Dark, or not a chocolate fan?

Favorite Dessert?

First CD?

Favorites kids TV show when you were little?

Whats your sign?

Ok, that should do it for now. :coffee3:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thank you to everyone who asked questions. I actually enjoyed llama's questions, though I have a feeling I didn't pass his test :p
Anyway, I didn't think it would require so much work, but I had fun, so thanks :D

BWT, looking forward to getting to know you.
How did you start playing mafia?
Why do you play it?
What is your favorite pass time?
What show would you recommend someone who was looking for a show to watch? It can be old or new
Who inspires you?
What is your strongest trait (best and worst)?
I have so many more...but speaking from experience, that's enough for the moment :D
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:I actually enjoyed llama's questions, though I have a feeling I didn't pass his test :p
I was hoping to get more controversial statements out of you, but otherwise you did great. You'd make a good politician.

BWT:
Which of the elements do you most identify with, earth, air, water, or fire?
Should the United States abolish the penny? Why or why not?
Favorite type of cheese?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:I actually enjoyed llama's questions, though I have a feeling I didn't pass his test :p
I was hoping to get more controversial statements out of you, but otherwise you did great. You'd make a good politician.
Ouch, that hurt :disappoint:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Thanks, Daisy! Glad to be a part of it. I would have responded sooner to some of these questions, but I worked early today. So off we go!
Hedgeowl wrote:Since we are already dividing off into chocolate factions...

White, Milk, Dark, or not a chocolate fan?

Favorite Dessert?

First CD?

Favorites kids TV show when you were little?

Whats your sign?

Ok, that should do it for now. :coffee3:
Dark for sure. Although I like all of them.

Buckeyes

I honestly don't remember. I've listened to and had so many that it's hard to keep track. But if I had to guess.....maybe Green Day's American Idiot.

Dragonball Z

Capricorn. And yes, I had to look that up. :blush:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

FZ. wrote:Thank you to everyone who asked questions. I actually enjoyed llama's questions, though I have a feeling I didn't pass his test :p
Anyway, I didn't think it would require so much work, but I had fun, so thanks :D

BWT, looking forward to getting to know you.
How did you start playing mafia?
Why do you play it?
What is your favorite pass time?
What show would you recommend someone who was looking for a show to watch? It can be old or new
Who inspires you?
What is your strongest trait (best and worst)?
I have so many more...but speaking from experience, that's enough for the moment :D
MP introduced me to a now-defunct mafia site called The Piano about 3-4 years ago or so. I was hooked from my very first game. I want to say it was Pirates Mafia.

Anyone who knows me IRL knows I've always loved strategy-based games, going back to when I started playing DnD in high school. And mafia is one of my favorites in that category, because of the nearly endless amount of different themes and types of games.

Music for sure. I could talk your ears off about it. Ask Daisy, given that she often makes jokes when MP and I start talking about music lol.

Doctor Who of course! I'd throw in Sherlock and Mythbusters for good measure though.

Mostly immediate family and close friends. I don't really idolize any famous people. I do have a certain respect for certain ones and especially musicians I enjoy.

My strongest trait is that I'm a very intelligent, hard-working person. My weakest is my lack of patience, especially with people who lack the second part of that.

Return to “Welcome to the Family”