Interrogation Room - alexa

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Interrogation Room

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:If you won the Powerball, how much would you give me?
Followup question, could you go buy a Powerball ticket?

If you had to marry one of Chaplin, Keaton or Lloyd which would it be?
Dunno - depends on how much is left after I pay off my student loans, pay off both our car loans, buy us a house. Get 10 more new kittahs and 1 puppy for Diggz. Set up college funds for my nieces and nephews and sock some money away to take care of my parents when they are no longer able to do so themselves. Oh - and pay for grad school so I could get my Library Science degree. And help diggz go to school for whatever he'd want to study.

chaplin.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 13

Post by BigDamnHero »

what do you think of kitty pirates?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

insertnamehere wrote:If you won the Powerball, would you give me more money than Timmer?
If I won the powerball I would base how much I gave everyone on how often they have told me how awesome I am. :p :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

BigDamnHero wrote:
timmer wrote:If you won the Powerball, how much would you give me?
Followup question, could you go buy a Powerball ticket?

If you had to marry one of Chaplin, Keaton or Lloyd which would it be?
insertnamehere wrote:If you won the Powerball, would you give me more money than Timmer?

Bea doesn't handle the finances in the household...I do! :mafia: So to answer your questions in order:

Zero.
Maybe.
No.

You're welcome! :p
only questions allowed you!!!!! :zombie:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

BigDamnHero wrote:what do you think of kitty pirates?

Arrrrrr matey! I be lovin' pirate kittahs!!!!!!! :lorab: :dance:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

How are you today?

What is your fave Rolling Stones song?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

If you could go into space, would you? If so, to which planet would you most like to travel?

Complete the following sentence: I don't get out of bed for less than $________

Favorite fruit?

Favorite cheese?

Favorite named hairstyle?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Elohcin »

Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Favorite thing to do to relax/unwind?

Occupation? And was it what you always wanted to do?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Disney is currently lobbying for stricter intellectual property protections, arguing that any use of another person's idea without payment is theft. Given that Disney's empire is built on things iike Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty and countless other ideas they didn't come up with or pay for, what do you think of this argument?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:How are you today?

What is your fave Rolling Stones song?
I am very well today thank you! :)

toss up between Sympathy for the Devil, Gimmie Shelter and Angie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:If you could go into space, would you? If so, to which planet would you most like to travel?

Complete the following sentence: I don't get out of bed for less than $________

Favorite fruit?

Favorite cheese?

Favorite named hairstyle?
Yes - I wanted to be an astronaut when I was a kid - Gallafray.

I guess I make roughly 100 bucks a day so um....that?

I'm a berry gal. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries....

I love all cheeses. The only ones I don't eat are Bleu and Limberger.

A Pixie cut.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Elohcin wrote:Favorite flavor of ice cream?

Favorite thing to do to relax/unwind?

Occupation? And was it what you always wanted to do?
Goshen Dairy's Peppermint Stick Ice Cream. Sadly, the Dairy no longer exists. It was local to my hometown and closed down while I was in college. :(

Stay in and watch tv with the hubby. Yay Jammie day!!!

I am the assistant manager at a pizza place, working on going back to teaching. I've always wanted to be a librarian.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

thellama73 wrote:Disney is currently lobbying for stricter intellectual property protections, arguing that any use of another person's idea without payment is theft. Given that Disney's empire is built on things iike Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty and countless other ideas they didn't come up with or pay for, what do you think of this argument?
I think that the stories themselves are still under public domain, but if we're talking about things like the image rights or the movie rights etc, then I see their point.
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by timmer »

In all honesty, how is it playing mafia with your honeybun? Do you a special "read" on him? Would you saybdh is like his persona? Are you like yours? :)

(My wife's considering trying at some point)
My siggie.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

Hi

I'm loving all the questions, especially llama's. I'd love to take his brain to a lab and investigate it :p

Bea!! So this is why you're so busy...
If you could choose whether to die young but with no pain at all, or die old but suffer at the end of life, which would you choose?

Would you like to know when you die, or would you rather it be a surprise?

What's your favorite show which is not on anymore?

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?

What's your opinion on private schools? If you had the money, would you send your potential children to one, or would you send them to public schools?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And how are you enjoying the K-site game so far?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:In all honesty, how is it playing mafia with your honeybun? Do you a special "read" on him? Would you saybdh is like his persona? Are you like yours? :)

(My wife's considering trying at some point)
I tend to enjoy it. We've only been on opposite teams a couple times. He, as well you know, is one of the most evol baddies I've ever seen. Ask LT about the Diggz/Bea team in Caesar mafia sometime :D

I do read him differently than most people. The first time I was a baddie in wabbit's batman game, Kate and I had the whole team figured out exactly 3 minutes before one of their teammates went kablooie in the thread and outted the whole team. Funny thing is, I can see him as a baddie more easily than I can SVS. She is my mafia blind spot.

BDH (is prolly going to kill me for saying this) is more quiet than his online persona. He's tender and sweet and thoughtful. His online diggzy self comes out in RL, but it's really just only a part of who he is. If that makes sense? IRL, he really can make me laugh more than any other person I've ever met, even if I'm the one he's teasing.

I think I'm like my online persona. It's really hard for me to be anything other than who I am. I am sure there are differences. SVS, Daisy, Alex, BDH, or Booneh could prolly answer that better though.

If your wife enjoys this torture we call mafia, by all means. I'd love to play with her. :D (woot fresh blood!) I recommend having separate computers though. Sharing is hard. Sometimes I think the laptop was the best thing that ever happened to our relationship. :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:Hi

I'm loving all the questions, especially llama's. I'd love to take his brain to a lab and investigate it :p

Bea!! So this is why you're so busy...
If you could choose whether to die young but with no pain at all, or die old but suffer at the end of life, which would you choose?

Would you like to know when you die, or would you rather it be a surprise?

What's your favorite show which is not on anymore?

What's the weirdest dream you've ever had?

What's your opinion on private schools? If you had the money, would you send your potential children to one, or would you send them to public schools?
lol FZ! I would love to say this is why I'm so busy - but I've not gotten near enough questions! (I really love these sorts of threads. I could do this all day long! :noble:)

1) DIe old and with pain. I think when I was younger, I may have felt differently, but having lived with some life and some pain. The pain is worth it. I think of my grandparents and all they got to see before they passed. The Great Depression, WWII, The Civil Rights Movement, The Space Program, Eight children, Nine Grandchildren, Nine Great Grandchildren.

If I picked the other one, I'd a) already be dead and b) missed so much awesomeness. Sure I have aches and pains, but I also have 13 nieces and nephews that I adore. (yes - the maths up there is different. I come from a big Italian family - some of those nieces and nephews are actually cousins. ;) ) I wouldn't have met, fell in love with and married BDH, I wouldn't have had my many furry friends Basho, Neffie, Appollo *sniff* (I miss them), Penny and Clara the two cuttest black and white kittahs you ever did meet. I wouldn't have traveled across the country, I wouldn't have met SVS (which to say was life changing is an understatement). I wouldn't have spent so much time with the people at my old job that I loved like family. So many more wonderful children I wouldn't have gotten to know. I wouldn't have met you. Sure there's pain, but there's also so much awesome. It's worth some hurties.

2) For myself I'd rather it be a surprise. For my loved ones, I'd rather know. Loosing my maternal grandparents was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. It was aweful watching the people I so love, so admired and so looked to to always be there, always be wise get sick, loose their memories of things and pass, but it gave me time to say good-bye to them. It gave me time to make damn sure they knew how much I loved them, how important they were to me and that I'd never forget them. My paternal Grandmother died suddenly when I was young. As I grew older, I heard stories about her and it always makes me sad that I never got the chance to know her as well as I could have had she not died when I was so young.

3) Soap, M*A*S*H*, All in the Family, and the Muppet Show are 4 of my all time favorite TV shows. None of them are currently running. (Well, I hear there's lots of you-tube new Muppet Show stuff, but it's not the same.)

4) I was some sort of political activist and I was with my boyfriend Jeremy. (Who was totally a creation of my brain btw). The police were coming after us for some reason and closing in. I was trying to get him to turn himself in with me when he pulled out a gun and shot himself through the mouth. I can still see his mouth around the gun and the exit wound. It was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen. I will never forget how shaken and upset I was when I woke up.

5) It would depend on the private school, the public school and my kids. If I had children, I'd be lying if I said the idea of home schooling them hasn't crossed my mind. At least till they were Jr. High age. Private schools in and of themselves aren't bad. Nor are public schools. It just depends on which school is the best fit for my child really. I'd want the school I sent my children to to have many varried opportunities to receive the sort of attention their learning deserves. Class size would be important to me as well as the variety of subjects and extra curricular activities provided. I think that regardless of economic standing (IE I could afford private school) it is also important for my children to see other children of other races, other cultures and other economic points of view. I attended a private Catholic school during the early parts of my Elementary School years (with nuns and everything! - I had an Auntie that paid the tuition.) and a public school after we moved. For me personally, during my younger years the private school moved too fast for me and my grades suffered. By the time I was in HS, I'd dare say public school didn't move fast enough for me and my attention span (and therefore grades) suffered.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:And how are you enjoying the K-site game so far?
It's super fun and your group is so welcoming! I admit though, I find the extended time rough to adjust to. I feel like I spend half the time just second guessing myself. Sometimes I just want to pull the trigger and be done with it so to speak. ;)

Larua is an awesome mod too. :srsnod:

I can't say I'll play there a lot, but I do enjoy you all bunches and will pop in again when the right game strikes my fancy I'm sure. :)

I'm fascinated by the structure. I might consider hosting a game there just to play with it some. (or you know - host a game here in that style. Something.)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

My main question is.... How did you get to be so awesome?

:hugs:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:My main question is.... How did you get to be so awesome?

:hugs:
I come from a long line of awesome. trustry. :noble:

Na, seriously though, even though I'm not the most church going person in the world these days, my Roman Catholic upbringing was a pretty important part of my childhood and some of those lessons still guide me. I was always a super fan of the "treat others as you'd have them treat you." lesson. Also, I haven't always had an easy time with how other people treated me in the past. I'm pretty empathetic and sensitive so I try to be mindful that others may be like me.

Also - I like to be helpful. :D
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Epignosis »

Am I sexy?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:Am I sexy?
Oh, I'm sure Elo thinks so. ;)

I only have eyes for one sexy man...............

...................David Tennant ;)
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

bea wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Am I sexy?
Oh, I'm sure Elo thinks so. ;)

I only have eyes for one sexy man...............
My siggie.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

love your answers, thanks. Soap!! Wow, forgot about it. i loved it too
Definitely a disturbing dream. Have you ever tried to think about the meaning (subconscious yada yada...)?
And since you want more questions,

What do you think is the best invention of the 20th century?
What is your least favorite house chores?
What wouldn't you do for 10 million dollars?
What can you do that no one else you know, can?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

No - I've not, but I did write a poem about it. That's what I did back then.

best invention: The typewriter. :D
least favorite chores: Um....all of them? I like to cook, but I really dislike most things involving cleaning. I have a wonderful husband. :noble:
what wouldn't I do? Stay at my current job for 30 years.
What can I do? Other people can do it, but I do make a pretty mean lasagna. Really - anyone can do about anything I can do, but no one brings quite the awesome combination cute, clumzy and whip-fast recovery that I bring to the table. :D
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Spacedaisy »

If you could take a vacation to anywhere right at this second, where would you go?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Hedgeowl »

Whats the first thing you remember cooking by yourself or with someone?

Favorite italian dish? Dessert?

Favorite pizza toppings?

Favorite character in Finding Nemo?

Favorite Disney song?

Do you like hiking?

What do you like/dislike about Arizona?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Spacedaisy wrote:If you could take a vacation to anywhere right at this second, where would you go?
Right this second? England. I've always wanted to go there. It is hands down my dream vacation. That said, I could never do a short vaca there. I'd want to stay for a few months and soak everything up.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Hedgeowl wrote:Whats the first thing you remember cooking by yourself or with someone?

Favorite italian dish? Dessert?

Favorite pizza toppings?

Favorite character in Finding Nemo?

Favorite Disney song?

Do you like hiking?

What do you like/dislike about Arizona?
1) I've been in the kitchen pretty much my whole life. My *earliest* memories in the kitchen were when I was 4 and 5 at Nanny's house (my great-grandmother.) She had this red step stool that had a chair on the top rung and when I spent the night with her or we were over for dinner, she would pull out the steps and I would climb up so I could see what she was doing at the counters. Even if she was just pouring me the frosted shredded wheat, making coffee and toast that was our every Monday morning breakfast. (I spent the night with her every Sunday night till she passed and yes, she did feed the 5 year old coffee with tons of cream and sugar ;)) I remember dinners where Nanny would make spaghetti but at 4 I didn't like sauce. She would give me the noodles with butter and a little parm cheese. This particular way of eating pasta is still my most favorite way to have it when I need some serious hard core comfort food or I'm just cooking for myself and can't be assed to actually make sauce.

Most of my early helping memories revolve more around tasks than they do around actually dishes. "Stir this sauce. - Hey - why are you stopping, I didn't tell you to stop!" Once I could hold a knife (prolly around 7 or 8 or so.) I think I chopped every green pepper, tomato, and onion that ever went into every pasta sauce, every meatloaf, every batch of meatballs ever made. I peeled more potatoes before I was 10 than most people do in a lifetime. Once I was allowed to actually cook things on the stove, I ground hamburger or sausage or this or that. Most of my cooking memories at this point were helping my mom. I did the piece work like a good sous chef, she assembled.

I baked on my own before I cooked though really. Cakes and brownies from the mix. Cookies. Baking is hard and I've never quite learned the skill of learning an oven well enough to be a truly great baker.

I could throw together anything from a box (hamburger helper etc) by the time I was in Jr. High. I could also make spaghetti by about then too. I often took over the making or "starting" of dinner while mom worked. In HS, we both worked, so we split the cooking duties. Still pretty much lots of the same, but I had made a meatloaf on my own (mom's still tastes better. I do the exact same thing, but it just tastes better when mom does it. Same thing with her macaroni salad (Which was Nanny's recipe) ;) )

I got much better at cooking from start to finish once I lived on my own. I bought cook books, (I actually have a small obsession with them though it's been weened since I got out here and lost lots of my library) I tried things that looked interesting to me. I experimented. I spent 20 years being fascinated with what went on in the kitchen at the country club. I was always in their biddness with the "what are you doing now?" "Why does this happen like this?" "How would I do this if I were doing it at home?" "Why do your mashed potatoes taste soooo much better than mine??!!!" I was a little gadfly that they couldn't get rid of w/o throwing food at me and yelling at me. :D I also quickly became the person they went to when *they* were being experimental "Here - eat this - tell me what you think? I think it's missing something - what's it missing?"

My cooking has exploded since I've been out here. I've been able to recreate things (like the french onion strip steak) that were staples of places I worked and I just missed eating. My hubby also was pleased that he knows what to get me for every birthday, christmas, valentines day and anniversary: Stuff for the kitchen. I got the springform pan so I've been playing with cheesecakes. (:hug: :svs:) I have the cast iron skillet so now that it's seasoned, grandma's pineapple upside down cake will happen sometime soon. I've been learning how to make things I like for cheaper and from scratch like Alfredo sauce. I never buy the jars anymore. It's too quick and easy to just make.

2) Lasagna = love in any Italian family. It's my favorite thing to cook and one of my favorite things to eat. The long hand of Lasagna = love is this. 1) It's all basicly the same thing as a baked ziti or good s'gettie and meat sauce - it just takes twice as long to prepare. So if you are going to go through all the trouble of making it, it should only be for the people you most love and care about. (Or you know, because you have the day off and you love making it. ;) ) Traditionally - it was a dish that was given as a gift - at weddings - at funerals - at times where the people you are giving it to, need a really great "heat and eat" kind of meal.

As for things I currently love - when out dining - I tend to gravitate toward the things I don't make at home. Anything with Pesto springs to mind. (I do cook pesto dishes at home, but haven't yet found the cost effective solution to doing it from scratch vs buying the 4 dollar jarred stuff. The cost of the pine nuts alone...) I also really love ordering veal saltimbocca when I can because it's delicious and veal (like lamb) is something I love to eat but have never cooked with and am a bit afraid of making at home for fear of spending a lot of money on a "learning how to make it" dish.

As far as desserts go - it's the trifecto! Tiramisu, Pizzelles, Italian Wedding cookies. If I had to pick only one - it's Tiramisu u by a small margin. When I first got out here, BDH took me to this little neighborhood festival for St. IDKwhatoftheBlessedIDK. (we have LOTS of saints) but it was this little dego festivle and there as all sorts of dego food there. I'm not joking when I say - while he got this and that and all sorts of different food, I bought the homemade Tiramisu to eat there. The Pizzelles and the Wedding cookies came home with me. :D

3) You all are going to laugh at me but my favorite way to have pizza is Green peppers, onions, mushrooms and extra cheese. Followed closely by just plain ole cheese. :D

4) Dory. Duh. :D

5) The Disney songs all kinda blur together in my head tbh. :blush: I guess if I had to pick one - Under the Sea. I like the caylpso. :D

6) I love to hike. I loved to do it back home. In college, there were lots of state/city parks that were great for running away from the city to just go walk around near trees and stuff. I feel most near God when I'm in nature. I would love to hike a mountain up here, just haven't found the right hiking partner yet.

7) The answer to both of those questions is: The weather. :p. It really does kinda suck it here for June, July and August. But the rest of the year is amazing! I find that I'm growing more used to the intense heat of the summer (she says when she's in her ACed house - to her ACed car to her ACed job. ;) ) I find that I do get colder during the winter each year. I may have to eventually break down and buy a winter coat at some point. I was heartbroken when I had to buy pants. :sigh:

I would say that BDH is something I like out here - but I don't like him...I lurrrrvs him so yea. ;)

I like the diversity out here. (I connect to cultures via food first. It's just the way I work) I came from a *very* small town in Ohio. Until after I was out of college (2000 for those keeping score) we never had more than 1 Chinese restaurant in our *county* that I'd never eaten at because my parents never took me there. (Sucks too - because when I finally went there - they were the *bomb dig* of Chinese places.) A sampling of food I never had till I had time to explore larger Ohio cities like Akron or Cleavland: Deli food. Like a real sammich deli. Greek food. Thai food. Mexican food that wasn't Taco Bell. Indian food. Other Mediterranean country's food that *weren't* Greek or Italian - each has their own dishes as well. (I miss you Usbek place. You were my secret treasure with the great saffron rice. I cried when you closed. :( ) Soul food. Southern cooking. Fall on your face BBQ. Chicago Deep dish Pizza.

The great thing about here is 99.99% of the people who live out here are *from* somewhere else. And they bring with them their home. Their comfort foods, their traditions. I could literally travel the country and I dare say the world via the restaurants out here. At my most favorite local Thai place. I've been there exactly 5 times. Each time I'm there - I'm guessing the owner - has either a) waited on me or when she hasn't wandered into the lobby while I was waiting on my take out. Each time she remembers me. She chats with me. She thanks me for her business. (On my first visit, I told her I was going to work my way through the menu.) I can't believe that in the half a year they've been open, she treats me like a regular after 5 visits. It amazes me.

But that same diversity extends everywhere. Last year, we found an Irish Cultural Center tucked away in the heart of downtown Phoenix because they were having a Bloomsday fest. They have a library and everything!!! There are art museums. There are several Frank Loyd Wright houses out here. Drive a few hours south and you can see Tombstone. (so long as we DON'T take my car. My car has bad luck in Tombstone. ;) :noble: ) Travel north and we're at the grand canyon and historic route 66. We have so many (surprisingly) local wineries. There's an amazing craft beer community in this state. And after all this - Vegas is a short drive (like really - it's like 5 hours or something?) away for the weekend if you could actually get bored here. There is a rich "college" community in easy to access towns like Tuscon and Tempe. State parks, Botanical Gardens - two zoos... It's impossible to get into a spot where there's "not anything to do."

There is sooo much freedom here and sooooo much to explore and experience and DO. I LOVE that about this state.

What I don't like is: There is this weird thing the state seems to do regarding extreme right wing conservatism. The people elected into office out here seem to be the antithesis of a decent representation of the diversity of this community. I'm told by locals this is due to the old people vote (there are a LOT of retirement communities out here) but I just can't understand why an area so rich in diversity - so rich in amazing things - would at a government level do the many dumb things they seem to do every few years.

What I don't like is: For as amazing as this freedom is in the big city and the big state. As wonderful as all these new experiences are. I miss my hometown peeps. I don't miss the weather, but I do miss the people. I miss the job that was me getting paid to hang out with my second family. I miss having doctors and lawyers and judges and magistrates and all of the business owners be my friends. I miss going grocery shopping and it taking several hours because you *always* ran into someone you knew while you were shopping and you just had to play catsup for a bit. I miss that feeling that I had when I met someone new that I only needed to talk to them for roughly 3 minutes and we would either a) remember how we knew each other or b) find one person we knew in common. I miss the sister from another mother or the bff t-county version calling me and saying - "Hey- I'm building a fire tonight, come over" and I'd go over and we'd drink some drinks and smoke some smoke and listen to music and look at stars and watch the fire and just be chill together. I miss getting to watch all of my adoptive nieces and nephews (as well as my real ones) grow up. I see pictures for sure and they amaze me. I know I'm missing so much!

My life would be perfect if I could take everyone I love from back home and transplant pretty much my county - out here. :blush:
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Hedgeowl »

Omgoodness i couldnt asks for better respones. i have so mnay things to comment on this too, but am :offtobed: right now.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

What would Bea-flavored ice cream taste like?

(Anyone else remember Sideways Stories from Wayside School?)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

like honey and sunshine and happiness.

And also probably Vodka. ;)
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Lizzy »

Beeeeeaaaabeabeebabeee! I almost missed you. :overreact:

So:
1. What subject(s) did you ace in school?
2. What is the best thing about the US?
3. Do you have any flaws?
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. What do you think about political correctness?
6. What's on the menu tonight?
7. Who got snubbed at the Academy Awards last night?
8. What are you looking forward to the most?
9. Who is your hero? (I spelt it herp initially :blush: )
10. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Lizzy wrote:Beeeeeaaaabeabeebabeee! I almost missed you. :overreact:

So:
1. What subject(s) did you ace in school?
2. What is the best thing about the US?
3. Do you have any flaws?
4. What is your greatest fear?
5. What do you think about political correctness?
6. What's on the menu tonight?
7. Who got snubbed at the Academy Awards last night?
8. What are you looking forward to the most?
9. Who is your hero? (I spelt it herp initially :blush: )
10. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Lizzzzzzyyyeeeee! :D

1) I always did well in reading and English classes. For as poorly as I spell, I'm a wiz at reading and writing about what I read. I love stories. I aced home ecc. When I took it too. (You should have seen me in that kitchen as well. :haha: )
2) I think the best thing about the US is the diversity. In everything. AZ feels like a completely different place than my home state of Ohio. They all feel different from when I would visit my parents in Florida. I've not been up through the Rockies yet, but thanks to driving out here, I did get to see a decent chunk of the country and it's amazing how unique each state is. And yet for all it's differences, by and large the people I meet are genuinely nice decent people. Regardless of color, gender, background or any of the other myriad of things that make us different.
3) TBH, I have more flaws than strengths. I'm like a giant child. I'm aweful managing money (Hence the reason BDH is in charge of our finances.) I hate to clean things. I'm moody. I over eat. I over drink. I'm super picky. To name a few. ;)
4) Loosing BDH.
5) I think it's great in theory but, like communism, humans tend to muck it all up. There's a middle ground between offensive and "vertically challenged" that some people miss. Also there's a time and place for it. Just like there's a time and place for a really bad and offensive joke. :D
6) Prolly hamburger helper. : :blush: I have to work today - then meeting a friend. BDH won't be home till late. By the time I get home, I doubt I'll have much energy for anything else. :blush:
7) I missed them. :blush: - I'll have to look up who won and get back to you. ;)
8) Our next big goal after the cars are taken care of is to buy a house. That will be exciting. :) I'm looking forward to our next vacation. (god knows when or where that will be) and I'm looking forward to getting back into teaching.
9) My grandparents are my hero. They raised 8 kids the best they could. They were married (not perfectly and not always happily, but always faithfully) for more than 50 years. In their old age, sometimes when I would go to visit them, I'd catch them sitting on the couch holding hands. That's what I want. I want a life where my husband still wants to hold my hand after 50 years.
10) :hug: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

omg - time ASK QUESTIONS BEORE DAISY REMEMBERS THIS THREAD. I LOVE YOU AL - ASK ME ANYTHING :D
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

<3 and I have been outhugged :overreact:

1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What did you buy with your first paycheck?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. Nicknames :D
5. What's the last thing you googled?
6. What would you like to get for your birthday? (you're welcome, BDH)
7. Favourite black tea, green tea and herbal.
8. Best Disney animation.
9. Favourite quote from a movie/song lyric(s)
10. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I win :|
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Did you watch the Oscars?

Favorite time your car ever broke down?

Favorite teachable moment as a teacher?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

SpaceDaisy has abdicated her position as chief interrogator, and now I have all the power. I repeat: I. Have. All. The. Power.

Go interrogate timmer now. He has been asking for it.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

thellama73 wrote:SpaceDaisy has abdicated her position as chief interrogator, and now I have all the power. I repeat: I. Have. All. The. Power.

Have you been insanified?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

My siggie.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:SpaceDaisy has abdicated her position as chief interrogator, and now I have all the power. I repeat: I. Have. All. The. Power.

Lies. If you really had the power, wouldn't you have selected yourself first?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:

Don't question what I choose to do with my power. With great power comes great responsibility.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So testy. If you really do have the power, then please appoint yourself next week, because I have 162 Questions for you still.

TIMMER

How did you meet your wife?

How did you get into films?

What's your favorite film festival?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Mongoose wrote:So testy. If you really do have the power, then please appoint yourself next week, because I have 162 Questions for you still.

TIMMER

How did you meet your wife?

How did you get into films?

What's your favorite film festival?
We were one of the original Internet couples :hug: We met in a Canada chatroom back in the AOL days, and I'm talking AOL 1.0 in 1995. We lived at opposite ends of Canada and started chatting because we both had Tom Waits nicknames (Heartattack&Vine for me, Briar&TheRose for her). If it wasn't for Tom Waits, my kids wouldn't exist, lol.

I got into movies by accident, sort of. A friend had started playing the Hollywood Stock Exchange, and I joined, which somehow led me to go to see movies even though its really not needed for the game. I ended up writing film reviews which wereshit, and then eventually some that werent, and then became one of the original members of the online film critic society (though I keft them years ago). Now I'm honored to be a member of the International Cinephile Society :)

Vancouver is the festival I go to each year, but I find the best films always come from Berlin or Cannes.
My siggie.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Lizzy wrote:<3 and I have been outhugged :overreact:

1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What did you buy with your first paycheck?
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
4. Nicknames :D
5. What's the last thing you googled?
6. What would you like to get for your birthday? (you're welcome, BDH)
7. Favourite black tea, green tea and herbal.
8. Best Disney animation.
9. Favourite quote from a movie/song lyric(s)
10. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I win :|
1) My earliest memory is crawling on my great grandmother's lap with Green Eggs and Ham to make her read it to me. I was pre-literate then. Like 3 or 4. I was at that point in my literacy development where I had to hear the same story over and over and over again. (Once you memorize the story you start associating the letters and words to what people are saying.) - She was always the first person I went to. Then after I crawled off her lap - every other person in the livingroom HAD TO TAKE THEIR TURN READING MY STORY!!

2) I don't remember? It's been so long ago. I was very involved in Marching Band in HS. My parents couldn't afford many of the fees associated with it. I'm pretty sure it paid for uniform fees or band camp or something of that nature.

3) I have so many.... ;) I mean I live in the land of decidence and guilty pleasure. I'm all about the too bad for you food, the too bad for you booze the too bad for you well...you get the drift... But yes, I also have things I guess I would be embarassed for people to know about me. There was a time when I watched Days of Our Lives pretty religiously. (Not even joking here - I grew up with it - it was the soap my mom watched and the soap my grandma watched. My grandmother referred to it as "church time" growing up because we had best better behave like we were at mass when it was on.) Also - I like the music of Smashmouth and No Doubt. (like not that "holla back" stuff - I don't even get that. But smashmouth was just good fun and Gwen has a very awesome voice.)

4) Nickname = Bea. ;) My given name is Jennifer Jo. So - I've been Jen and Jenny. My sister and one friend from college both used to refer to me as JJ. I had a friend in college that only called people by their live journal name so I was Georgie to him forever (I was Georgeanne there - it was ironically one of the few places on line that I was not Beatrice828 or some form of it.) But yea, now - My nick name is pretty much Bea. I've met more than one of you IRL and have talked to many more on the phone. IDC if you call me Jen or Bea. I'm ok with Bea. I think of it as the name *I* chose. My newest favorite nickname is Mrs. Simpson though. I really need to get to SS office sometime soon to make that all legal and stuffs.

5) I think pictures of David Tennant. ;) Normally my googling is used as my "easy way to spell check something." so if it wasn't that - it was how to spell some food term like salt*checksgoogle*imbocca. :p

6) This year? I don't know. (BDH - he's got a pretty great list. He was lucky to marry a foodie. I'm usually happy with any new toy I think I need for the kitchen. We were just remarking the other day how it's funny that *that's* the room of the house we outgrew.) My Warther Knives http://www.warthers.com/ have been on my wish list since I was a little girl. (Also - that place is where I grew up. :) )

7) Black tea: Earl Grey Herbal: I like the raspberry and blueberry teas. Peppermint is awesome too. Green: I've not had a lot of experience with.

8) You're going to laugh at this, but I don't care. My favorite Disney movie is Marry Poppins. So for me it has the best animation. Also - it was light years ahead of it's time in terms of combining animation with live action. The bit where Gene Kelly dances with Jerry mouse is also an amazing example of combining live action with animation but off the top of my head, I can't remember if Tom and Jerry was Disney or Warner Brothers. I'm thinking it was Warner though. ;) (When I was a newly crowned auntie and carting my baby nephew like *everywhere* with me when his parents needed a sitter - my bbf male version made the half snide remark "Auntie Jenny: Practically Perfect In Every Way." - it's still one of my top 5 favorite complements of all time.)

9) "I was born to speak all mirth and no matter." Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing. Before that quote became my standard quote - it was "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - The Beatles. One of my favorite movie quotes of all time though is "Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever" - The Replacements.

10) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Who wins? Lets call it a draw. :D ;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:Did you watch the Oscars?

Favorite time your car ever broke down?

Favorite teachable moment as a teacher?
1) I missed the Oscars this year. I usually miss them, but I'm usually faster at catching up on what I missed than I have been this year. Yes flog me with a noodle. :(

2) Cars breaking down sucks. But if it has to happen, I'm happy it happened in the middle of no fracking where - with BDH and Daisy and Sockface. I'd never seen desert stars before. I've lived most of my life looking up at night. I lived in the country where you can see many more stars because the city lights aren't around. But all that flat land? With no city lights? A MAZ ING. I only really wish that Daisy and Socky took me up on my offer to get out of the car for a minute to look from horizion to horizion and see all the stars. It was breathtaking. I couldn't quit looking up the sun window and out the windows for more of it. As aweful as the tow truck driver was, as crappy as the walk was from the garage to the wal-mart which was LITERALLY the only thing open after 8 pm in that town. As sucky as it was trying to find someone to make the 3 hour drive down to where we were to pick us up was. My most favorite memory of their whole trip is sitting in wal-mart - teaching BDH to play Euchre. He still thinks we're completely crazy and he so doesn't get the "in the barn" stuffs. - but yea. That was AWESOME.

3) My biggest success was teaching summer school after my first year teaching. I didn't *want* to teach summer school, but a kid who had been resistant to me at the beginning of the year, well...I grew on him. And he needed to pass 9th grade English to graduate as a Senior the next year. I KNEW I needed to take the summer off, that I really shouldn't take on summer school my first year in, but he said "You're the only English teacher I can pass this class with." The kid was working a job opposite hours of when our classes was too. So really - during summer school - I was mostly just trying to keep him awake. He was my teaching victory. He was the one who wanted to hate me sight unseen and by the start of the next year he was my student aid - keeping all my kids in line for me and the teacher that had him in the first English 9 class? That flunked him? Had him again as a Senior. She came to me and said "I don't know what you did to this kid, but he's a whole new kid." He was one of her top students. All I did to him was treat him with respect and listen to him. *shrug* - That's not even my most favorite teachable moment. (though I know when that one was with that kid. I KNOW when I turned his corner.) - it was the other kid I had in summer school.

Summer school had no curriculum. Had no books. I was a first year teacher. So I picked my library for an asston of paperbacks. And I had GREAT ones laying around. For all kinds of reading ranges too. Decent literature no one could say you shouldn't teach. :D

One of these kids, and while I remember the name of the kid that I taught the class for, I'm sad to say, I don't remember this kid's name - was all "I hate reading." Like the last book he read was waaaaaaaaay below grade level and he read it when he was at that grade level. But he was kinda edgy in his punky dress and attitude so I handed him Brave New World and said "Here - try this one. It's about a society that practices the ideas of "have sex with whomever you want and do all the drugs you'd like."

And he read it. He really read it. And I KNEW he was really reading it when half way through the book he looked up at me and said "You tricked me!!!! But now I can't quit reading it!" My response was "Yes. Yes. I tricked you. And aren't you glad I did?" I was never more proud to be a teacher. For all I know, that's the highest form of literature he was ever exposed to. It may be the one and only time he ever got some Shakespeare even if he didn't know how much of it he was getting.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:

I concur with Goosey. :noble:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

timmer wrote:Image
1) Favorite Harry Potter Character and why? Favorite Harry Potter book and why? (sorry - your gif made me have to ask that.)
2) I love the story about how you and your wife got together. Heartattack and Vine is my second favorite Tom album - Heart of Saturday Night holds a special special place in my soul) What's your favorite Tom Song?
3) What other music do you enjoy?
4) What did you want to be when you grew up at age 10? At age 18?
5) What do you currently do for a living? Is it what you thought it would be?
6) If you could have any other job besides the one you have now, what would it be?
7) What is the best part of being a Dad? What's the worst part?
8) What is the best part of being a husband? What's the worst part?
9) What is your favorite comfort food?
10) Would you consider a family vacation to AZ? Because I'd love to meet you and your family. I'll even cook. I promise!
11) Favorite mafia role and why?
12) Favorite mafia game and why?
13) Where is that FUCKING FLAG!!!????!!!!!
14) Do you prefer to have civ roles, baddie roles or indy roles?
15) If you hosted a mafia game, what would the theme be? Do you need a co-host? ;) :D
16) What is one thing no one ever asks you but you always wish someone would? And also what is the answer to that question?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

addendum to number 14 - and why?

Return to “Welcome to the Family”