What do you be readin'?

This is a place to talk about books, poetry, and any other literary works.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 38

Re: What do you be readin'?

Post by Ricochet »

My dad is reading a lot these days, probably to test his new goggles. He devoured a 150+ book in a day and a half, while it's been a month and I'm still stuck with
Ricochet wrote:Stuck halfway through Italo Svevo's Senility. It seems James Joyce admired, befriended and supported this writer and his novels, but I'm sort of at a loss. It all reads like 100 pages of socially-inadequate-man's-tale-of-batshit-jealousy post-romantic malaise. :\
Anyway, he wanted me to give him a new book to read from my collection.

I gave him Blood Meridian. :grin:

I've no idea what I'm doing. :grin:
G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 37

Post by G-Man »

:sigh:

Still working on the dictionary. Here's my latest update. It's been almost a month since I read a page but I'm determined to finish the dang thing this year. I'm currently in the early pages of letter S.
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Spoiler: show
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What did you think about ricochet? Did the word make any impression on you?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 5
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm feeding my fascination/obsession with the ancient world with The Birth of Classical Europe by Peter Thonemann and Simon Price. It's a thorough if still somewhat basic overview of the beginnings and progression of the cultural identity we know as "European" from the early Bronze Age Aegean through the fall of the Roman Empire. Reading it has made me ache for a chance to go back to the Aegean region with more time to explore all of the sites I missed the first time. I love this stuff.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 19

Post by thellama73 »

G-Man wrote::sigh:

Still working on the dictionary. Here's my latest update. It's been almost a month since I read a page but I'm determined to finish the dang thing this year. I'm currently in the early pages of letter S.
I didn't know about this project until now. I just read all your entries. Most interesting!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I just finished Multiple Choice by Alejandro Zambra, which is a novel told completely within the confines of Chilean SAT questions. It really depressed me (content not format).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by A Person »

Mongoose wrote:I just finished Multiple Choice by Alejandro Zambra, which is a novel told completely within the confines of Chilean SAT questions. It really depressed me (content not format).
What time period did the book cover?

I am interested in reading Latin American literature, particularly magical realism.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I just finished Multiple Choice by Alejandro Zambra, which is a novel told completely within the confines of Chilean SAT questions. It really depressed me (content not format).

I am interested in reading Latin American literature, particularly magical realism.
pinochet
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mongoose wrote:
A Person wrote:

ricochet

~~~

My father is testing out his new goggles (either that, or his mid-life crisis hobbies have suddenly led him back to reading fiction) and during this two week holiday, he has read (always demanding that I choose a book for him):

Orhan Pamuk, White Fortress
Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian
Paul Auster, Mr. Vertigo
Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-Five

Meanwhile, I only managed to finish To Kill a Mockingbird (which I understand is the equivalent of an eight grade syllabus reading in the US of A)

:|

Why is my father so superhuman, while I am just a dirty bum hole?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

To Kill a Mockingbird inspired me to become an attorney.

I am currently reading the genre-bending fantastic The Last One by Alexandra Olivia
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So to elaborate from my last post here, in order to bring myself some comfort during these torturous times of having to constantly provide my dad with books to read, I've decided to slip him a note in the new book offered, containing his reads so far (since Christmas!) and a rating system from one star to five. He coloured the stars accordingly and here are the results:

Orhan Pamuk - White Fortress ✮✮☆☆☆
Cormac McCarthy - Blood Meridian ★★★☆☆
Paul Auster - Mr. Vertigo ★★★☆☆
Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse-Five ★★★★★
John Fante - Dreams from Bunker Hill ★★☆☆☆ (he crayoned like a third of the third star as well, but I can't tell if that means it's a legit 2 1/2 or if he changed his mind halfway through)
Milan Kundera - Immortality ★★★★☆
Joseph Heller - Catch-22 ★★★★★ (4 1/2, really, but I can't find a half-filled star emoji)
Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore ★★★★★

I'm sad he didn't enjoy McCarthy or that Auster novel that much [he was verbally pleased after finishing all of his 5-star books, so I'm going to interpret the 3-star ones as "meh" or "high reservations"], because I was impressed with both of them during my reads - Vertigo especially has a harrowing scene/twist moment I haven't quite forgotten to this day (and I can't keep in my mind what I've read three books apart).

I'm very surprised he liked Kundera that much, given that Kundera is prone to heavy intertextual gimmicks.

I am shell shocked he liked Murakami that much, because I was sure the shenanigan factor of his books would prove too much.

What's both informative and depressing about these ratings is that he clearly enjoys highly humorous or ironic literature. Which is a problem for me, as his distributor, because I have not read that much. My fix tends to be either serious and profound dramas, either complicated and experimental literature. (Any recommendations on the HaHa solid literature side would be helpful, I guess.)

Case in point, I gave him Beloved next. :|

P.S.: I've stepped up with my readings since the total slump that was 2016 and am not doing a bad job myself. Four books to dad's eight.

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird ★★★★☆
Toni Morrison - Beloved ★★★★★
William Burroughs - The Soft Machine (read in original!) ★★★☆☆ (although I'd say it almost ended up with a ★★☆☆☆, if not for some segments that clicked better and his addendum "serious talk time" essay; otherwise this was fairly disappointing and hard to process or indulge in)
Ioan Slavici - Folk Tales ★★★☆☆ (read in jest [or rather in a fit?] when I demanded a recommendation myself for once and just got told to read folk tales or something -___-)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore ★★★★★
Great one! I've got IQ84 and Wind-Up Bird Chronicle at home to read at some point.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 14

Post by S~V~S »

I have not read Slaughterhouse 5 in a really long time. That needs to be remedied I think.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I started reading Ulysses, but felt like it had been too long since I last read The Odyssey, and then remembered I never finished The Iliad when I picked it up a few years ago. I've spent the weekend diving into Homer so that I can finally introduce myself to Joyce later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:I started reading Ulysses, but felt like it had been too long since I last read The Odyssey, and then remembered I never finished The Iliad when I picked it up a few years ago. I've spent the weekend diving into Homer so that I can finally introduce myself to Joyce later.
I love the Iliad. I like the Odyssey. I didn't like Ulysses. I hope you do, though!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I got through three chapters of Ulysses, but each was more difficult to grasp than the last. I figured I could delay my confusion by getting reacquainted with the allusions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:I got through three chapters of Ulysses, but each was more difficult to grasp than the last. I figured I could delay my confusion by getting reacquainted with the allusions.
It doesn't get easier after the first three chapters.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's encouraging. I've spent the last 6 months absorbing everything Joseph Campbell ever said, and he mentions Joyce as one of his favorite writers a lot so I'm motivated to get through it. I could have probably picked something more accessible to start, but where's the fun in that? Also Ulysses is all I've got.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:That's encouraging. I've spent the last 6 months absorbing everything Joseph Campbell ever said, and he mentions Joyce as one of his favorite writers a lot so I'm motivated to get through it. I could have probably picked something more accessible to start, but where's the fun in that? Also Ulysses is all I've got.
I largely read it because Stephen Fry did a documentary about how much he loves Joyce. I regret to disagree with the good Mr. Fry.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Epignosis »

James Joyce was a far better short story author than novelist. Dubliners is tops.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Marmot wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Haruki Murakami - Kafka on the Shore ★★★★★
Great one! I've got IQ84 and Wind-Up Bird Chronicle at home to read at some point.
Halfway through 1Q84, after loving Kafka, and I'm honestly surprised at how well Murakami's idiosyncratic writing style works over the course of a 1000+ page behemoth.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Jeeeeebus, O'Connor's Wise Blood is close to giving me chills. I can't remember reading a protagonist so bitter and standoffish, apart from those governed by "punk" like dissent or moods, a la Holden Caulfield. I'm only a quarter in and this is pretty seething stuff.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

BOOK!

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

ALso, I'm reading Gormenghast and it is amazing. Prepare for Gormenghast Mafia. It's coming.

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I started reading Ulysses, but felt like it had been too long since I last read The Odyssey, and then remembered I never finished The Iliad when I picked it up a few years ago. I've spent the weekend diving into Homer so that I can finally introduce myself to Joyce later.
I love the Iliad. I like the Odyssey. I didn't like Ulysses. I hope you do, though!
I initially had to read the Iliad over the school holidays as a school assignment. It was the most boring thing I'd ever read, so I put it off until about a week before school started again. I picked it up again and for some reason this time I absolutely fell in love with it. I'd read the rest of his work if I ever had the patience to go look for it it in a book store.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Quin wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I initially had to read the Iliad over the school holidays as a school assignment. It was the most boring thing I'd ever read, so I put it off until about a week before school started again. I picked it up again and for some reason this time I absolutely fell in love with it. I'd read the rest of his work if I ever had the patience to go look for it it in a book store.
Quin you make me laugh!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm knee deep in War and Peace. It feels like a Napoleonic Silmarillion at times with so many characters. I've quite liked it though.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

War And Peace was hard for me, Anna Karenina was easier.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm not a big Tolstoy fan, which didn't make my Russian and East European Studies degree any easier. War and Peace caused one of classmates to bust out in tears in the middle of a class. She was never seen again.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:She was never seen again.
I hope you just mean, in your class.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:
thellama73 wrote:She was never seen again.
I hope you just mean, in your class.
Well, I never saw her again in any context. But I can't confirm that no one else did.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:Jeeeeebus, O'Connor's Wise Blood is close to giving me chills. I can't remember reading a protagonist so bitter and standoffish, apart from those governed by "punk" like dissent or moods, a la Holden Caulfield. I'm only a quarter in and this is pretty seething stuff.
Finished. I think this book gave me actual chills. Scary writer lady.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Jeeeeebus, O'Connor's Wise Blood is close to giving me chills. I can't remember reading a protagonist so bitter and standoffish, apart from those governed by "punk" like dissent or moods, a la Holden Caulfield. I'm only a quarter in and this is pretty seething stuff.
Finished. I think this book gave me actual chills. Scary writer lady.
That's the one with Haze and Enoch Emery and the potato peeler, right? I've not read the whole thing- only the short stories that came from the novel.

O'Connor is one of my favorite short story authors.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I just read the 6th Durarara!! novel. I'm about to read the next book in the Dresden Files.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

New ratings from the "BOOK" asker in my house:

Toni Morrison - Beloved ✮✮✮☆☆ (3 1/2 really)
Yevgeny Zamyatin - We ★★★★★
Mario Vargas Llosa - The Way to Paradise ★★★★☆
Leon Wieseltier - Kaddish ✮✮✮☆☆
Jonathan Franzen - The Corrections ✮✮✮✮✮
John Updike - Run, Rabbit ✮✮✮✮☆
Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird ✮✮✮✮✮

That 5 stars for Zamyatin... :o
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

My Banners:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The letter S is surely the best letter :noble:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@G-Man, I believe that "Set" is the word with the most definitions in the English language.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:01 pm I'm knee deep in War and Peace. It feels like a Napoleonic Silmarillion at times with so many characters. I've quite liked it though.
I'm about 85% through it. It feels like running a marathon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I just finished The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell (the author of Cloud Atlas, which I haven't read but now want to as well as everything else he's written). Fantastic novel, the scope of it was amazing, the characters were so well written, I don't want to spoil too much but it spans several generations and has a supernatural element that's really well done and incorporated into the real world in a deep and meaningful way, and there are lots of cool foreshadowing details to pick up on/go back and understand later. It's one of those novels where everything ties together really satisfyingly. Really enjoyed it through all the different sections. An emotionally and mentally engaging adventure from start to finish. I highly recommend it.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sounds really interesting. I haven't had the time to read like I used to lately. I need to make some time. I read a little on vacation. I picked The Hobbit back up and started it over because I felt like I needed to refresh what I had already read before I finished. This is the one last Tolkien book I haven't read yet. I'm the weirdo who read this one last...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

Still reading the dictionary. Still on the letter S. Here's my update post.

Getting close to the letter T though. After that it should get easier.
My Banners:
Cryptonic
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cryptonic »

G-Man wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 pm Still reading the dictionary. Still on the letter S. Here's my update post.

Getting close to the letter T though. After that it should get easier.
... What?
This is a real thing, oh my god. This is legendary LOL

I am out of books, so I randomly picked up American Psycho again. But, it's just not as interesting the second time through. Waiting impatiently for Winds of Winter :( GRRM is a cruel human being.

I almost grabbed Jurrasic Park the other day from the store, but I read a random page and it seemed to be written kind of childishly. Maybe I picked a bad page, and should just give it a go.

Been trying to find anything written by John Fante, but no where sells anything anymore. I need to check a used book store, methinks.

Taking suggestions! I need SOMETHING to read on the bus & train every day.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I suggest reading anything but the dictionary. :srsnod:
My Banners:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I read a John Fante, it was good, but I fear one might finish them between two train stations.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I am reading the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I love every minute of it. Soon to start on book 10.

On the side, I'm picking up the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Haven't really gotten started on that yet.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yessss join me in the Sanderson club! Mistborn is fantastic as is everything else in the "cosmere" (his fantasy series are linked together/in the same universe and the way he develops the magic systems/worlds/over-arching stuff is astounding).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:46 pm Yessss join me in the Sanderson club! Mistborn is fantastic as is everything else in the "cosmere" (his fantasy series are linked together/in the same universe and the way he develops the magic systems/worlds/over-arching stuff is astounding).
Awesome! Tell you what, PM me in like a month and I'll be done with the trilogy. We can gush about it on discord or something. :P And you can tell me what next to read.

After all, this is my first Sanderson novel.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So I've just had an absolute suck of a reading summer, not managing to finish Atwood's Handmaiden's Tale until this week, having picked it following the TV series. Sometimes I wouldn't open the book for weeks - and by book I mean the EReader on my tablet. I partly blame it on this detachment towards using an ebook. I feel nothing. But I'll also blame it on a rather ech style of writing from said Ma'am - very introspective indeed, but almost too detailed at times, making me wander on each element of a room or happening, paragraph by paragraph, with only a handful of wisdom or very clever lines inserted. Also, dat addendum.

Picked up some Dick now (physical copy). K Dick. Yeah, you can imagine why.
G-Man
Made Man

Post by G-Man »

I don't see myself buying an e-reader device. I love the feel of a book in my hand, not some flat, thin tablet. The smell and feel of the paper and the sound of the turning page cannot be replaced for me.

I'm past due for a dictionary update. I'll work on that this weekend.
My Banners:

Return to “The Book Cellar”